The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 15, 2019, 10:04:06

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
1  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: All-time favorite books? on: January 28, 2007, 09:55:14
Magician -- Raymond E. Feist... and pretty much every other book written by him. Cheesy
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: new lottery results i think im on to something on: January 02, 2007, 05:15:19
ooo....i had a dream not so long ago and i was in this elevator in this big creepy tower... i went to floor 23 and there were some people trapped there. Those people told me that there were other people trapped on floors 3, 4, 7, 12, 22 and 25 (no you all know my secret numbers.)

Upon waking and writing these numbers down i decided to enter into the lottery on the 23rd (as that was the floor i was on) and amazingly i won (AU) $2.3 million.

rolleyes i wish...

Although this is my 100th post perhaps that means something.....  grin wink grin
3  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Just a little something for you to ponder on: December 16, 2006, 21:27:27
Heh... that was awsome. Cheesy
4  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Some psychedelic and downtempo music by me on: August 02, 2006, 07:19:27
Brilliant as always.... bit of AoE2 in there, very nice... Karma for you  smiley
5  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Re: Trouble with password after "extreme makeover" on: July 19, 2006, 12:12:02
No problem, that'll be 150 karma grin heh.
6  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Re: Trouble with password after "extreme makeover" on: July 18, 2006, 06:51:12
Yea i have the same problem as malganis, every time i log in, box checked or not, i have to re log in next time i come. Im on a mac using safari if this changes anything.

edit::: wait scrap that... turns out that although it still say welcome guest on the main screen... (forum index) as soon as i click on a forum it shows me as logged in untill i go back to the index screen. So no real problem that i cant live with.  grin
7  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Be Entertained For Hours With This Animation on: July 17, 2006, 08:43:56
WOOOHOOOO....

oh thats just cool.

grin
8  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Thoughts on psychopaths and sociopaths on: July 17, 2006, 08:41:17
You could always go and grab yourself a frontal lobotomy, apparently that should suck away your emotion. Then you will know.   tongue

I agree with Astir though i imagine they can experience emotion but are just unable to interpret it in the same fashion that we do, thus meaning they experience it but do not "feel" it as such. So any explanation would need to be logial and objective rather than emotional and subjective.
9  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Remodeling on: July 13, 2006, 07:04:40
Woohoo finally we can use tabbed browsing... for those of you with mac's  grin

YAY SOMEONE LIKES ME  cheesy
10  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / The "Quiet Noise" on: July 12, 2006, 07:18:09
Sorry for the lack of knowlage but what is tinnitus? I get the high pitched sound when all other sound is gone... Its there all the time its just incredibly hard to actually hear it or concentrate on it when other noises are around. It can change in tone, or moreso i can hear what seems to be deeper ones higher ones... it doesn't seem as if its changing more that im just hearing something else.

someone once told me that it is the sound of molecules rubbing together...

Also when i concentrate on it for a while i start hearing really random things like dogs barking, footsteps, unrecognisable voices and the like... all of which seem distant and come from no particular direction.
11  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Detachment. on: July 12, 2006, 07:07:38
Mmm.. someone at school recommended yoga to me, i might give it another shot ( i tried it once but found it much to uncomfortable.... Heh apparently that is the point)

But that's the thing, i haven't projected at all... it could be a result of meditation, but i never do it excessively. This is really getting on my nerves (however detached they may be) It's like my mind is present somewhere away from my body but still connected, nothing seems real, when i question things. Also there have been no physical changes that i can think of... but due to the fact that each "tune in" moment seems like the first, i can't fully be sure, it all seems to be fine though.

I guess this is what they call losing your grip on reality. grin
12  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Detachment. on: July 10, 2006, 12:51:54
Hiho everyone,

Of late i have been feeling incredibly detached... and that is basically what this post is about, heh. Specific i know... i shall elaborate.

A while ago i read a post about Dp/Dr (de-personalization/de-realization) and the general feeling of detachment and distance from the surrounding world. Now what I'm feeling isn't exactly this (i don't think) but all i know is that I'm just not paying attention to my surroundings or anything else. I have almost become a danger to myself and others, ( for instance i personally don't think I'm focused enough to be driving, but ppl still insist i do) its like my awareness and common sense have died.

But then on top of this i cant ever remember it being any different. I know it was but i just can't imagine or comprehend ever having been more aware. Perhaps i have just suddenly got stupider, i don't know but it is really starting to disturb me. I truly feel like I'm meandering uselessly without fully being aware, its as if my battery needs to be re-charged.

However i have very brief periods of true focus where I'm much more aware of myself, (tho still not really aware of my surroundings)

Just to jump out of context for a second, when i say I'm less aware i don't mean I'm less focused i just mean that it kind of seems as if my consciousness isn't present within my body, and that I'm kind of running on autopilot, (a really stupid autopilot).

Back on topic again, these moments of focus seem to just be moments where my consciousness is present within my body. And at these times i feel (ironically) separated from my body, as if I'm looking at, not from my body, and i have this overwhelming feeling that I'm on the edge of discovering something or working something out but just cant quite get there. Even now as i type this I'm drifting in and out of focus...

I'm not sure what it is (perhaps its just the whole distant teenager thing) but this is really disturbing me I'm just not thinking logically. Nor do i really know what i am trying to gain from telling you all this... i think I'm just trying to work out my thoughts in a written form.  But comments are welcome...

I feel like I'm right on the edge of something... but am currently unable to comprehend it.

This is getting terrible and i really don't feel like going insane today grin
13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Body Positioning on: June 11, 2006, 07:55:27
Lol same here... i simply bought a new bed grin

hmmmm..... you could try lying on the floor, many people don't like it but i personally find it very comfortable. Or put a few blankets on the ground and lay on them.
14  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Butterflies. on: May 27, 2006, 03:56:42
Sweet... you guys are being a great help.
cheers.
15  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Butterflies. on: May 26, 2006, 23:59:05
Awesome thanks grin
16  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Butterflies. on: May 25, 2006, 02:48:52
Hello all, now this might seem like an incredibly weird request but i was wondering if any body had or knew of a website where i could get some high res pictures of butterflies with they're wings spread... Ie a picture from above showing the spread wings.

Cheers. grin
17  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Uses of The 4th Dimension (New Discovery by The Human Race!) on: May 12, 2006, 22:51:51
Lol yea i don't actually subscribe to obvious bs like this i just thought it was a neat co-incidence. But i imagine me dreaming about her was more due to the fact that i was thinking about her before i went to bed.

And no shes not in my class in fact really the only time we see each other during the school day is at lunch...

There are billions of girls out there, and if you even have a soulmate, some people don't, then chances are, she isn't in your class, or state, or possibly country.

I believe that as well as being a grump fate can be kind, the main thing is she really is different from anyone else i have ever met, sure mabye not my soul mate but as egoistic as it sounds i feel like iv'e found myself in her.

grin  and like i said you have to make the most of things while they last. But i do agree with you, what happens in life is based upon a want for it to happen.

Either way it is kinda cool...
18  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Uses of The 4th Dimension (New Discovery by The Human Race!) on: May 11, 2006, 10:54:19
mmmm..... thanks for bumping this up rave_master_naruto i was actually looking for it the other day but i couldn't remember what it was called.

Either way the girl that i had a dream about all those months ago is now my girlfriend and more than just that we seriously are super close... if i believed in all that mumbo jumbo i would say she was my soulmate wink. But i don't so i wont grin instead ill just say that she really is one of the greatest things to happen to me, however fate can be a grump and i as much as anyone know that not all good things last, you just have to make the most of them while they do.

Still it is a funny co-incidence... as i probably wouldn't have gone up and talked to her if i hadn't had that dream.

--Peace--
19  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Balls of Energy on: May 09, 2006, 09:42:17
Yea your right... unless im confused as well.
20  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / SpeaK - Mind Split on: May 08, 2006, 06:49:02
Downloading now. I'm looking forward to this actually, im sure it'll be as good as your other stuff.

Cheers.
21  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / I-Religion, Do we really need religion on: May 04, 2006, 22:15:33
Religion holds many negative connotations but there are also many positive things associated with it as well, its just we here often fail to see them. For instance religion although the cause of countless conflicts provides an individual with a reason for existence.

Whether the particular religion is correct or not is irrelevant the main point is that it an individual can belong and not feel as if there is no point in life. Religion also provides an individual with morals and interpretations as to right or wrong, and although this has been incredibly abused over the centuries it will still steer the average Joe along a reasonably "good" path.

As i said there are tons of negative connotations associated with religion but i seriously think that we do need it as i said in Donal's post people need belief. Religion provides an opportunity for that.

I'm not saying its right we all know that its often not, but still it is needed.
22  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / A question for Beth. on: May 03, 2006, 06:46:10
Lol yea i was pretty general then... i said that it isn't controlled by fundamentilists not that they dont exist, and i meant christians.

Hmmm... people other than us... it might be better to say that people need belief.
23  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / A question for Beth. on: May 02, 2006, 22:18:41
Hmmm.. well i know im not beth but im here so ill make my small attempt at an answer.

Yes you could say that the church had a lot more influence in times past however i dont believe that influence has deteriated it has simply adapted to suit a changing modern world. The world is no longer controlled by fundamentilists that will kill you for not believeing, instead there are hundreds of denominations and sub beliefs, still just as present but not so extreme.

So will it die out? In its form today, eventually, but im sure it will be replaced... people need religion.
24  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / What religion are you? on: May 01, 2006, 21:28:01
Well Donal im Agnostic too.

They had this big religious speech in chapel about two weeks ago (i go to a christian school) where they said that agnosticism is sitting on the fence in relation to christianity, god i wanted to kill some one. I really have very little respect for many christians my age they, really can be quite pathetically stupid.
25  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Strangest experience ever on: April 26, 2006, 07:52:34
Seoul Man .... WTF. What TheDarkChakra said had little or nothing to do with masterbation. There is no need to lynch him about something like that.  

TheDarkChakra i compleatly agree with Manuel i dont want to go into details but its certainly not uncommon. Its association with the rest of your body tensing up though is the interesting part.... cause that sounds awfully like a seziure.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5