The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 02, 2021, 19:58:18

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: What makes you believe in AP/OBEs? on: September 25, 2020, 04:07:44
Was gonna basically say what GrumpyRab did.  The argument I always make to materialists is:
Your 5 senses can ONLY ever be experienced by your brain.  Even if you were looking at and feeling an object that's in the physical, you'd still only be experiencing what your brain tells you.  You can NEVER experience the physical no matter what.  You can only experience your brain.  How much can you trust the brain? Well, how hard is it to fool? Take some acid, and the brain tells you different things about your reality.  Cure someone's depression, and they'll describe reality in a very different way too. 

That much is basic logic that every materialist should already understand. 

Now, since you are "in the brain", and can't ever be in the physical, would the physical exist? Would you ever be able to tell? No.  You'd have to disconnect from all your brain's signals to do that, and at that point you're definitely not in a materialist's idea of a physical.  So, even if the physical existed, throughout all of human history no person would've ever experienced it.  It's inaccessible, and therefore has no purpose and couldn't exist.

(iirc, accord to Elon Musk, Neuralink (with basic functionality) is <5 years away.  When every sense can be replaced artificially, maybe then people will start to realize this.)

Understanding reality's non-physical nature, the very question of "but how do you know OBEs aren't just hallucinations of the brain?" seems absurd and childish.  If this is still not making sense, just think about how a game works.  Does the game world actually need to exist, in and of itself? Of course not.

I didn't really need to write all that to answer your question, but it might clear up others you're likely to have.  To more directly answer your question, there IS, what I consider "definitive proof".  From the man, himself:

https://youtu.be/9dj5337UQmE?t=613 watch up to ~17:00 for your proof.
2  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: Slicing Brain in Half with Energy? on: December 02, 2019, 19:52:37
Sometimes the energy feels really mild.
When that happens to me, I just do NEW, A few minutes of breathing in energy with hands and feet makes me really feel it. I can then just will the energy up. The important thing with feeling the flow for me is to feel the body as stationary, and letting the energy go up like steam or, alternatively, like a fast flow, making sure to feel it being sucked up by the base and moving through the inside of the abdomen, chest, neck and head and stimulated the brain differently.
Oh and stimulate the hands and feet using mental tactile imaging first, makes a huge difference. Also, tai chi movements and just focusing on feeling with the hands. Lastly, hyperventilation breathing, really makes them tingle.
the energy seems to be higher with a approaching full moon.
Totally agree on the weather. That's interesting to me Lumaza regarding the full moon. I had always thought I would feel that way and I think sometimes I do but what seems to affect me most is damp weather. And when the barometric pressure drops there's always something to tap into. Can you tell a difference in the energy with the full moon, like does the energy feel lighter/heavier?
Since the body is mostly water, the moon should have some noticeable effect. Haven't paid attention this is myself yet.

Nameless have you ever attempted Vessen Hopkin's "Vehram technique"? It is really energy oriented. In that thread Vessen describes what is actually occurring using his teachings and knowledge of Physics. It gets pretty deep in Scientific lingo/terminology as well. Szaxx had some good questions for him. It seemed his field of study was right up Szaxx's alley as well.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/the_vehram_system_is_truly_brilliant-t29333.0.html
I found this basic intro to his Vehram Array while doing a google search. It looks like it's a Ad. At least that's the way it is set up. But he isn't selling anything there. It's more explanatory than anything.
https://www.learning-mind.com/quantum-physics-consciousness/
I just had a look at this book. One line says "You must be in the hypnagogic state to access the Vehram System". What a turn-off lol. It's basically a WBTB technique that requires you to focus on the exhales and enter SP before you even do the technique. The way I see it, might as well just do the rope technique or roll out if already in SP, would save time not having to read an entire book..

Anyway, I'll mention that I've started noticing more interesting things. Whenever I go to sleep, eyes open or closed, I see a blue cloud floating around, it usually turns into a flying bat or a dragon. Also see a very brief orange flash. Very random. The strangest thing, however, is that yesterday I could feel cool air coming from the groin, I kept checking it and it felt real, cool air coming out of nowhere. Then I noticed what felt like my hair being stroked (which I'm kind of used to by now since starting every work) and I could feel the cool air coming out of there too!

It kind of feels like the only obstacle to phasing is neck / lower head tension. Right now doing physical neck relaxation techniques, and trying to find a good position to put my neck in.
3  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Slicing Brain in Half with Energy? on: November 28, 2019, 19:11:46
So I've been experimenting with ways of flowing energy. Tying the breath with energy (as with 'NEW') felt limiting, so I've been flowing it up or down through the major chakras, with or without a loop. These all feel fine – except for some lingering feet/head pulling sensations – it's when I flow two streams of energy in opposite directions when something weird happens. The first time I tried it, I had a stream going down the back of my body and another one up the front, I then focused them on the brain only. Within seconds of intensifying this, I saw a sudden bright flash in my closed eyes; my body felt very grounded and tingly, and nothing came of it. The same day I did it again and saw another bright flash of light. I'm assuming this is some kind of symptom of entering a mild trance, but it's interesting as I wasn't even that relaxed and could bring it on extremely fast. It's the same effect I get from doing the Merkaba technique. I'll also mention that slicing the brain either front/back or left/right causes a unique, uncomfortable feeling, like the brain is strained or something. Thoughts?
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Biphasic and polyphasic sleep patterns on: June 01, 2019, 01:39:37
I used to do it. Really great for productivity, mood and energy. Also sleep inertia is less of a problem. For it to be worth it though you need to be able to fall asleep fast.
5  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What do you focus on with the noticing technique? on: December 10, 2018, 04:43:54
So how far are you getting? What is it you "expect" to see? What problems are you still having. I am perplexed here. You say you have tried everything  that we all propose to you, yet you don't tell us what the results were. Once again, I have to think that the problem isn't with the method or the techniques. It seems the problem is with your ability to actually release your control. You do it every night while you go to sleep. You just need to learn how to stay consciously aware to obtain that conscious shift.

That "intent" IS your technique.

You're right, my main issue is most likely the inability to release control, yes, I do it every night when I go to sleep but I have difficulty with even that, I usually fall asleep after I get tired from trying dozens of sleeping positions, I usually end up sleeping on my front probably due to it being easier to breathe, it might make sense to use this position for phasing but I've always found it harder for some reason and so have most other people I've read about. Sitting might be another option. On my front I kind of automatically ping pmr with my attention occasionally even if it is just by thinking and feeling like I'm thinking in my physical body's head. In most other positions I get distracted by the discomfort.

I never really thought about intent being the technique, I always assumed just getting absorbed into any technique will at some point result in that becoming the prominent reality. It does make sense that aligning the intent with the technique will have better results.

"I begin to focus on simple candle flame. I can see it, now it fades, so I bring it back. I can see it again and it fades. The more I bring it back, the stronger the visual is. Now that flame is beginning to morph into a Fireplace setting. I am not consciously directing this. I am just "passively observing" it and "allowing" it the freedom to go in whatever direction it wants. At that point, I have absolutely 0 focus on my "physical body". My entire focus is on whatever I am experiencing there. I have already shifted."

So just imagining a flame and if it disappears bringing it back, not doing anything else? That's kind of a different approach to something like the doorway technique which requires a bit of thought. Might have to try this.

You're falling into the trap of "real vs illusion"... that kind of thinking is going to set you back many years.
Suffice to say through using the technique you're already using, you have direct access to the whole of consciousness. 

WHAT you experience is objective.  The only thing created "by your mind" is HOW you experience it. 

I know that it's ok to start off with an illusion and that there is value in illusion type experiences, but what I meant was that when I make an attempt I don't get to the stage where that place feels as real as here, I can see things if I make a conscious effort but I can't just turn my NP head and see what's there, I can only kind of RV whatever I want to see, and I'm the one providing the data. I can spend an hour in a visualization but it still feels only slightly more intense than what I'd get if I'd visualize right now with my eyes open.
6  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What do you focus on with the noticing technique? on: December 06, 2018, 22:13:44
There are several things you can do.

You can pay more attention to the music, forget the visuals. Let it take you where it will.

You can focus on the visuals. Allow the visuals to flow freely till you find something to latch onto then follow it.

Also you can just let that conversation flow. You may find yourself having a very interesting conversation with 'other'.

Focusing on music would be a really easy technique, though that and the random visual technique seem like advanced techniques as they seem to require extreme alertness when done at night and a lot of curiosity when done during the day.

You're actually doing just fine.  The daydreaming is what you want.  That's the beginning.
It's not really "daydreaming"... it's hypnogogic imagery.  Each time you delve into the imagery increases the chances of you staying there.

That *IS* phasing.

In order to get "deeper", each time you "day dream" you need to move your focus further and further from this physical reality.  Remove all aspects of what binds you here (your physical senses).  Smiley
Haha!  You don't even realize what you're doing.  Smiley
That's a mental rundown... the rundown doesn't have to be visual, it can be a simple conversation. 
Have you ever read anything from Bruce Moen?  He's now passed on permanently to the non-physical (just last year), but that is EXACTLY how he projected.  He had conversations with "people" in his head.  He would start off making up the entire conversation himself, then eventually, he would begin to notice that the conversations were taking on a life of their own.  It *IS*, in its very essence, a mental rundown.  At the point when the conversation took on a life of its own, he just went with it... he allowed it to take him where ever it wanted to take him.

The conversation rundown sounds interesting, I tried it one night but it made my mind so overly active that I had serious issue falling asleep afterward, maybe if i'm deep enough I can see it working but the intellectual thought required has so far only made it harder to focus on the NP, thinking just feels like a physical thing to me, makes me feel here, maybe getting used to thinking with eyes closed will help with that. I've also started watching Bruce Moen's talks, will see if he has anything educational to say.

I guess that is technically phasing, but that kind of phasing is not the goal, I want to be able to visit places other than the ones created by my mind.

Your initial post here is basically almost everything that I experienced when I was "newer" here as well.

I first had the "eye strains". Then it was the eyes automatically "feeling" like they were opening. To fix the eye opening problem, I used a blindfold. The one I use now is great. I sue it when I sleep at night too. I fixed the straining eye problem, but learning how to "passively observe" things.

I flitted around in visuals as well. I was mentally jumping around constantly, that is, until I learned the importance of "passively observing" and allowing things to manifest before me. I could lock onto a visual and soon join the scenario or I could just wait until a full in my face scenario was already in paly. To jump start that process, I used a mental focus on what I consider my "Happy Place". Mine is a tropical Island paradise with large beaches and all kinds of interesting things to explore. But yes, sometimes it would take hours and could be quite boring. That's when I learned how to utilize a active mind while the natural process of shifting occurred. You can find out more about that in this Sticky here:
 http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_doorway-t46013.0.html
 The techniques in that thread have really evolved. I recently have learned the importance of "defocusing" immediately after I close my eyes. This makes the shift almost instantaneous. This revelation came to me after years of daily practice.

I forgot about my eye problem, I think I fixed it by just not even trying to keep them closed, if they're opening I don't pay attention.
I guess a location to focus on would help with consistency of the visuals and staying alert but in the past it's been just so mentally straining and my mind would still want to do something more interesting, maybe if I make it a really happy place, the desire to stay in the visuals would be there.
I've tried the doorway technique many times as it makes so much sense, I should probably keep trying it but I think I'll focus on some of the others suggested here for now.
It's interesting what you say about defocusing, it's what I usually do as it's easier than focusing, I can do it immediately even with eyes open.

The advice given so far is very possibly relevant to what is obstructing you. There may be another aspect to the situation, and this reflects on the subtlety and quality of our individual experiences.

You may need to define your ‘Intent’ more clearly. What exactly do you want to do once you are out?

You are getting visuals and audios and mental wandering; you may actually be on the edge of, or in the black 3D Void...and it sounds like you are close to a projection/phasing...kind of hovering at the edge...so what is left as a requirement? That might possibly be the quality of Intent.

Before you begin each experiment, do you have a destination in mind? A person, place or thing? An idea of some sort, a process you wish to understand? A person you wish to visit? A place you wish to travel to? A lesson or event you wish to experience? To wander your bedroom, your apartment, your house or the local neighborhood? To go flying or to travel underwater or to fly to the stars? To meet a Guide or have greater contact with your higher self? To learn the next best lesson available to yourself?

For many of us (myself included), this progression of each OBE experience strongly requires an ‘Intent’, whatever form that may take; it needs some form of definition and declaration/expression. Wanting to have a fun adventure, just wanting to freely explore...these are all valid...just be mature about your choices, be honest and express your desire...your Intent...and what you get will reflect the innermost you.

So, explore that idea and find a way to incorporate it into your practice. It can only help and it may give you access to far greater insights that will be of benefit as you progress.

Before you start the journey, you must have in mind a destination. You have to have a valid reason for going there.

For now I just want to develop the ability, so I sometimes intend to be above my building, though I do forget about that intent when I start on some technique.
I could intend to go to the place I'm visualizing, though the reason would be just for practice.
7  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / What do you focus on with the noticing technique? on: December 02, 2018, 01:04:05
I have some issues with phasing.
I can either, focus my eyes on the blackness or defocus and concentrate on my mind's eye's visuals.

Focusing on the blackness almost strains my eyes but lets me see some detailed visuals and helps stay alert. Eventually, I get tired and defocus, this causes me to daydream. Sure, daydreaming is also a phasing technique, but I can never go deep enough no matter what, also, the visuals keep randomly changing and I'm also hearing music nonstop so I'm not very immersed in anything. Every single time what happens is I spend an hour on the technique, get vivid visuals, get bored and start having a conversation with myself in my mind to stimulate myself.

I'm not really sure what to do to make the NP the most interesting place for my attention to go to.
8  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is meditation bad for creativity? on: September 11, 2018, 08:00:52
I have found that you don't need a "quiet mind" at all to project. My techniques rely on utilizing that monkey mind to your advantage. So much so that I want you to lose yourself in thought!

That sure sounds too easy to work, I mean I'm always lost in thought, while meditating I forget I'm meditating and end up thinking about random stuff, I don't see how these thoughts could end in a projection. For example I may be thinking about posting a reply to you, how could I get so deep into my reply formulation that I project?!
9  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Is meditation bad for creativity? on: September 11, 2018, 07:39:13
Due to being very unfocused and bad at meditation I have lots of random ideas and thoughts which is often beneficial for me. Being good at meditation would likely result in having a quieter mind with fewer thoughts. Some people say it's good some say it's bad for creativity.
Anyone notice any difference since improving at meditation?
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Astral Projection and Lucid Dreaming made super easy!! on: September 11, 2018, 06:56:11
Might try this as I just found it for free.  Though I don't see how it could help with conscious projection. The only times I've had success were when I was obsessed with ap and it staying in my subconsciousness made LDs possible so this should work like that.
11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: fasting and astral projection? on: August 02, 2018, 23:08:06
I'd imagine it would help for the same reasons that not eating sugar would help. Here's an explanation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e082jsIe0Ak
12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What's more important: practicing phasing or meditation? on: August 02, 2018, 08:05:17

Ah, so your mind gets bored easy. Then the traditional meditation is not suitable for you. In that case imagine that you are hovering above your body for a while and then go up through the roof and imagine flying above your neighborhood. Since you are familiar with your neighborhood, try to visualize it and observe it. Feel the motion of flying. This by itself is an AP technique. When done for 20 minutes while falling asleep before bed and then let yourself fall asleep as you are experiencing the motion and visualization. In three, four weeks of doing that every night, you will eventually start getting awaken by vibrations in the middle of your sleep phase, you will become very aware, only your body will be fully asleep, so you can freely get out and explore the non-physical.

I am not good at prolonged meditation because my mind gets bored as well and if I am too awake I can never project fully, and so do many people. So many people coming to this forum say the same thing over and over. Why am I meditation for hours and for months and I cant AP. Well, because there are only a hand full of individuals who can fully AP out of meditative state. The more achievable thing is through actual AP technique, one of them explained above. But it must be done WHILE you are falling asleep and hold the visualization and motion going for at least 20 minutes. So, maybe you can try AP technique instead of traditional meditation.

So I guess your answer to my title question is phasing. I really like the sound of this technique as it should keep my mind engaged and maybe not strain it too much as I'm visualizing where I've already been unlike most visualization methods. Will try it just as you described. Thanks.

As someone who gets bored easily, have you been able to learn to phase whenever you want despite not being good to meditate deeply?
13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What's more important: practicing phasing or meditation? on: August 02, 2018, 07:45:27
If you get relaxed enough, your breathing will slow down significantly to a point where you wont notice it any more. Don't focus on physical body activities. Imagine lifting up a few inches above your body being in the nonphysical. Imagine that you are just consciousness, a ball of energy submerged into the deep levels of higher vibratory levels. I would focus on a specific question that you may be searching for an answer. Then you may experience flickers, noises, visions that are related to your question. I think this is a good start.

But what can my mind grab onto to stay there? I mean, if I'm watching a movie, the story, visuals, script keep my mind engaged and therefore focused. If I'm imagining I'm above my head, my mind will soon look for a way to stimulate itself, with this technique, what is there to that would make my mind want to stay there?
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What's more important: practicing phasing or meditation? on: August 02, 2018, 06:39:34
I found this great statement on meditation just now and wanted to share it here:

So it's possible to be in a meditative state while doing anything, but can the intellect be active while trying to phase? Just had this thought today, I think this may be the biggest problem for me. I can be focusing on the breath but I feel like I do this from an intellectual level and the focus is weak because of this. Is the goal of meditation to be able to switch off the intellect? If that's the case would focusing on emotion or something 'being level' be more effective?
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What's more important: practicing phasing or meditation? on: July 31, 2018, 02:26:57
Sugar has an effect on general mood and mental state. It gets used up quickly, so as soon as your body is done metabolizing it, you get a bit drowsy as your body is switching to a new source of energy, esp if it is a fat source.

Your body prioritizes it above all other kinds of fuels, so this will pretty much always happen if you eat a lot of sugar at once.

What Tom says is it that after ingesting anything with sugar in it (unless the sugar is contained within a structure and is released slowly e.g. fruit) the blood sugar levels fluctuate a lot for the first 4 hours, significantly affecting the ability to concentrate. Those 4 hours are when the effect is the strongest but to get back to optimal levels you'd have to avoid sugar for 3 weeks. Most people never notice the impairment from sugar as it's almost impossible to go that long without sugar as it's in everything and you'd have to go out of your way to not eat any.
16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What's more important: practicing phasing or meditation? on: July 30, 2018, 23:42:35
Just set some time aside each day.
I have a routine I do in the morning... I get up, shower, sit in bed and meditate for 10 - 15 minutes.
That's really all it takes.  I think the more the merrier, but then I really do ENJOY meditation.

I could meditate hours on end and not bat an eye, while someone else who might not really truly enjoy the experience yet (it can take time to learn to enjoy it) might not be able to sit still for 30 minutes, let alone 2 hours.

Whatever you do, just stick with it.  There's really no way to do this "fast".  Smiley

I've started doing this, it is very nice and relaxing sometimes, though I do get irritable from the lack of stimulation often. I'm wondering if sugar has a significant impact on meditation, Tom Campbell says it does but I'm not sensitive enough to changes in my mental state to notice and no once else seems to bring it up.
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What's more important: practicing phasing or meditation? on: July 27, 2018, 07:40:37
I know what you mean about piano practice... in that case it is something like your head internalizing what you have learned the next night / coming to the next session with a fresh mental state. To me a closer analogy might be running. You don't really start running all at once... you do it by degrees, and your body has to do a lot of repairing and building... integrating the meditative mindset into your life takes about as long, even down to the session lengths that feel appropriate at each stage.

Thanks for the quick response. That's a good analogy, however, with running you are sure to get better and the improvements are visible early on. Imagine running regularly for years and still only being able to run for up to 20 seconds lol. With meditation maybe the improvement isn't as linear or at least that's my experience.
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What's more important: practicing phasing or meditation? on: July 27, 2018, 07:18:03
Meditation.  By a long shot.

Learning to meditate is like building yourself a super strong foundation from where you can begin to have all these other metaphysical experiences.
It's essentially your launchpad.  I'd go as far as you will NEVER learn to phase without having a strong base in meditation, because you are REQUIRED to meditate towards the goal of phasing/projecting.

What would be the most efficient/fastest way of getting to that point? Could i just meditate for multiple hours every day or would I get diminishing returns beyond 30 minute sessions? If it's like learning to play the piano then short and frequent sessions especially before and after sleep would be best due to the resulting neurological adaptations. I really want to get good at this and would want to spend whole days meditating but it often feels like a waste of time as I spend less than 1% of the time actually meditating due to forgetting that I'm meditating and getting distracted from being restless/uncomfortable. I know it took you like 10 years, I'm not far off that, but haven't made any real progress. To keep going I think I need to feel some kind of progress but I've never felt an improvement so it's a bit demotivating.
19  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / What's more important: practicing phasing or meditation? on: July 25, 2018, 05:44:06
There are lots of expert meditators who have never phased so practicing phasing techniques must be important, and most people who are good at phasing are also good at meditating. So what's more important to develop well: the meditation or the phasing ability? I guess if you become a good meditator then phasing wouldn't take long to learn but can practicing a phasing technique alone be enough to get ok at phasing?
20  The Astral Library / Welcome to Writers Corner! / Re: 2. The. US. on: July 15, 2018, 06:47:26
The one thing I get from this post is that I should consider watching Guilty Crown, mixed reviews on MAL so idk.
21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Anyone have success despite adhd? on: June 27, 2018, 06:36:01
There is nothing wrong with your mind being "stimulated". As long as your physical body is relaxed and your focus on it released. There are many mental exercises you could come up with that will help you mentally disassociate yourself from your physical body. Be creative.

Here is a link to some proactive techniques, to keep that monkey mind occupied. The technique I use now is quite a much simpler and honed in, then the one I began with when I started that thread. So, you might want to jump to the last page, after reading the initial post. But it should give you some ideas.
 http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_doorway-t46013.0.html

I tried the doorway technique when you first made that post, I liked it but it required a bit too much mental effort for me. This technique is really good, just tried it for a couple hours, The disassociation part works better than I imagined, saying 'nothing' kind of lets me let go of the physical focus immediately. I had an eyemask on and was seeing stuff clearly which I might've assumed was from my eyes if I hadn't had the mask. I just got stuck at the sense of movement part as I end up doing that until I get tired and forget what I'm doing. Oh and there's also the perpetual problem of discomfort, doesn't matter if I start comfortable, 20 minutes in something will hurt. Guess I'll keep experimenting with positions.
22  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Anyone have success despite adhd? on: June 26, 2018, 23:46:29
It might just be that temperance is the answer. If one is unable to focus on phasing, is it because of the indulgence in other stimulus in regular life? If one could become sober, one could focus, and then the positive aspects of a dopamine disorder can be harnessed, the motivation to achieve.

So in other words, dopamine receptor upregulation. I've kind of tried that but to have a noticeable impact you'd have to quit all high dopamine activities which isn't really an option. An alternative is to use a dopamine reuptake inhibitor such as methylphenidate which I've started taking today, will be interesting to see how it affect my meditation ability. I'm only guessing but I think meditation could result in upregulation as the brain would eventually adapt to the low level of stimulus, however for me, so far meditation has only resulted in my mind coming up with ways to stimulate itself.

I have always felt that my access to conscious projection is deliberately limited because the experience is too addictive for me.

I've had this feeling too. One would think that after all those attempts something would've happened even if by accident but no. All I got was some LDs which I can't choose to have and happen from luck. Almost like having the ability to project at will suppressed. The scary part is that this kind of makes sense as I definitely would be addicted. However, Tom Campbell disagrees with this so I don't know what to think.
23  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Anyone have success despite adhd? on: June 10, 2018, 08:49:22
Thanks Kree for adding some insight into ADHD. For some I do believe it is a label, for others simply a fact of life. Part of what you said resonates with me,

"if I'm talking to someone about a low interest topic I will have internal dialogue with myself about something more interesting, this causes me to miss out on what they say and it's not something I do on purpose."

Totally get you on that. So here is an idea that might help but it's only an idea. It's worked for me so it might work for you. You have more options than just visualization. You said it here,

"Most of the time I'd just start having conversations with dream characters about how I'm supposed to be meditating right now."

That's it, that's your ticket or at least give it a try. Focus on an interesting conversation, doesn't matter if it makes sense and you don't need to visualize anything. Use your other senses, in this case hearing. If visuals do come it's okay.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

Thanks, that actually does help, haven't thought of that. I'll try it, hopefully the drowsiness won't affect it too much.
24  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Anyone have success despite adhd? on: June 10, 2018, 00:53:56
I'm 110% with Phildan on this... ADHD doesn't exist.  It's an excuse for big pharma to sell you medication and make BILLIONS of $$$.
First, stop identifying yourself with ADHD... you'll NEVER get past it unless you do this.  Second, focus yourself when you're working on tasks.

"BUT I CAN'T FOCUS!" people say...

BS... you can, you CHOOSE not to.  Stop TRYING to focus, and FOCUS!!  

My god, humanity has fallen so far...

wow, that might be the one thing I disagree with you on. I think of it like this, some people have minds which are organised or low entropy, such people are good at logic, math and getting stuff done, and some people have less organised minds which is useful for getting lots of ideas and being creative, it's a spectrum, someone diagnosed with adhd is just someone whose mind is so unorganized that it negatively impacts life.

People who say it's not real think so because everyone has issues focusing sometimes. adhd isn't an issue about focusing, that's just one of the symptoms. It's a chronic shortage of dopamine which causes people to seek out stimulation all the time, this often comes out in behavior such as fidgeting, non stop talking, desire to run or climb, walking in circles. If something doesn't offer enough dopamine another source will be looked for, for example, if I'm talking to someone about a low interest topic I will have internal dialogue with myself about something more interesting, this causes me to miss out on what they say and it's not something I do on purpose. Most movies don't provide enough stimulus so I have to take breaks to listen to music. Reading text longer than a few sentences is difficult as that's not a very stimulating activity, I've even had to reread your comment maybe 6 times. My mind works significantly better while I'm walking in a circle, that's not normal, but the added stimulus from motion provides me with a bit more dopamine which makes me closer to normal.

If autism wasn't as obvious to other people, you wouldn't believe it either. "Stop TRYING to be normal, and be normal!!"
There's so much research on this, there are physical brain differences which can be seen on brain scans.

BS... you can, you CHOOSE not to.  Stop TRYING to focus, and FOCUS!!  
Literally, my eyes are forcing shut and I feel like I'm falling asleep within 1 minute, and that's as good as it gets. Most of the time I'd just start having conversations with dream characters about how I'm supposed to be meditating right now.

Our minds wander when we are bored that's totally natural and happens to those without the label too.

You say you can't focus on something that is not stimulating. Wrong focus. Focus on whatever takes you away.

Then focusing on the breath, a mantra, sounds, blackness in the eyelids, etc. are the wrong focus.
All that's left is visualization, but so much effort is required just to visualize and think of what to visualize. I've tried it many times for as long as an hour. Kind of hard to relax into it with all that effort.
A simple visualization of just free-falling (I think szaxx mentioned it) would seem ideal but constantly imagining the sensation also gets tiring and the monotony makes it boring, and that's more of a phasing technique than a meditation.
Damn, out of options.
25  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Anyone have success despite adhd? on: May 30, 2018, 03:52:59
I've been trying to phase for about 5 years with no success, only a few LDs. I think the reason is because I have adhd and it feels like I'll never be able to phase because of it. I used to be obsessed with it but have almost given up as I can't focus on something that isn't stimulating. I mean, even video games and movies aren't stimulating enough for me anymore so how can I be content with focusing on the breath?

Wondering if it's even possible with the condition.
Pages: [1] 2