The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. February 23, 2018, 18:55:53

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3]
51  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Inducing a lucid dream or AP from a subliminal recording while sleeping on: May 01, 2014, 10:34:48
Really, that's an interesting idea.  Can the subconscious learn and retain things while you're asleep with no effort on your part?  I've heard that Edgar Cayce was able to sleep on a book and wake up knowing everything in it, although that's a little different.  I'm curious how it would influence your sleep and dreams though.  When you did that, did you find yourself learning in your dreams?  Because I would think you'd wake up feeling like you didn't get any rest - that would suck.   
52  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Inducing a lucid dream or AP from a subliminal recording while sleeping on: April 30, 2014, 04:56:58
When I was looking into hypnosis and subliminal messages a while back, I noticed that people seem to be split on the topic of whether or not subliminal messages are effective while you're sleeping.  Some people say that's the best time do it.  That's what worked the best for them and they swear by it.  Other say it doesn't work at all while you're sleeping.  That confused me.  Well, today it occurred to me that maybe it depends on what stage of sleep you're in when the subliminal recording is playing.  Maybe it works better when you're in REM. 

Then I thought that maybe that could be a good way to easily trigger a lucid dream or AP.  Or maybe even a sexual dream. 

So, here is what I was thinking.  You record some kind of relaxing sound that you can fall asleep to.  For me it would be the sound of a box fan because that's what helps me sleep.  The recording would play for a few hours.  But, since there's no way of knowing when you will be in the REM or dream phase of sleep you would just have to repeat your subliminal or hypnotic suggestion every so often.  Maybe every 45 minutes or so the background sound can drop down just a bit and you slip in the message in a soft relaxed voice.  Hoping that at some point in the night the message will go out while you're dreaming and be heard by the dreaming you. 

The message can be a simple as "Is this a dream?" or "Am I dreaming?".  Or you could make it a lot longer than that.  You could attempt to influence or take control of the dream with the recording - suggesting what's going to happen next.  Guiding the dream from the outside. 

What do you think?
53  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: precognition dream? on: April 30, 2014, 04:17:28
I just recently had a precognitive dream.  I dreamed that my cousin drove up in my car.  I woke up thinking that was odd, and I wondered why I would dream that he was driving my car.  That day my cousin happen to come over.  I didn't know he was going to come by.  He doesn't come over very often.  And it just so happens that he drove up in a vehicle that he just bought which happens to look a lot like mine.  Very similar in color.  I suddenly realized why I had dreamt that. 

A while back I dreamed that my mom and her boyfriend were fighting.  That day they end up getting into a fight which made me recall that dream I had that morning about them fighting. 

One day I dreamed that there was snow on the ground.  When I woke up there was snow on the ground, it had snowed.  I hadn't been following the weather and I had no idea that it was suppose to snow, but yet I dreamt it. 

I have had a couple of precognitive dreams about tornados.  In one dream I saw three tiny little tornados and the next day there had been three tornados sighted in neighboring towns.  Another time I dreamt about two little tornado that was a lot closer to home.  Latter that day there were reports of two tornadoes touching ground and one of them was right up the street from us.   

When something from a near future event ends up in our dreams, I don't think it's always about that thing.  Sometimes it is just a symbol that the subconscious uses to represent (in symbolic form) a current issue.  It has to get it's symbols from somewhere.  A lot of times it gets them from past or recent experiences.  Other times it gets them from near future experiences that haven't happened yet.   

One day I watched a movie which had a tornado in it.  Then, that night I had a dream that had a tornado in it.  That's common, a lot of people have that experience.  And they often assume the only reason they had that silly dream was because of the movie they watched the day before.  Sometimes the dream is really about something else though and the tornado is a symbol for something else.  And if they hadn't have watched that movie their subconscious probably would have just used a different symbol instead of the tornado.  I had a dream once about a tornado that kept coming and going.  It symbolized my anger or rage that kept coming and going the previous day.  There might be numerous ways that the subconscious could symbolize anger/rage other than using a tornado, but the subconscious often seems to take things from our past and recent events and use those as dream symbols.  And, it will also sometimes gets symbols from (the very near future) things that haven't happened yet.  Because after all, time is an illusion and the subconscious mind has access to these events just the same. 

I think everybody has precognitive type dreams.  But, it's harder to notice if you're not remembering, recording, and connecting the dreams to waking experiences. 
54  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: is this how dream journlings meant to work on: April 30, 2014, 02:39:54
I can see how recording your dreams could help you improve your NP/AP recall.  I didn't notice whether or not I had more lucid dreams around the time I was recording my dreams, but I might have.   

I'm not really sure what you mean by patterns, unless you just mean noticing that you tend to dream about certain things a lot.  I can definitely see the point of recording my dreams for the purpose of finding reoccurring elements that I can then use as a trigger to wake up in the dream.  That sounds like a good idea, trying to project from a waking state seems furiously impossible. 

But, as far as dreams being important for the purpose of interpreting them, I haven't had much luck with that.  Even though I've read several books on how to interpret your dreams.  I wonder about the authors that teach dream analysis and what the percentage is of how many of their dreams they're actually able to interpret.  For me, the percentage is very low. 

I feel like that if a dream is important to remember then your subconscious or your Higher Self will make sure that you do remember it.  I think it does that by waking you up at the end of it.  It has been proven that even people who claim they don't dream end up remembering dreams when they're are woken during REM activity.  Seems like when someone is sharing one of their dreams, it always ends up being the interpretable kind when they end by saying "and then I woke up".   Also, I think that when a dream is important we often get a feeling that it is important. 

EscapeVelocity, I'm not sure what you mean when you talk about expecting more from your dreams.  What else is there to expect?  If you're talking about expecting to become lucid and having the intent to consciously control the dream, I don't know how that would increase communication from your dream self.  The dream then becomes whatever you make of it. 
55  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: is this how dream journlings meant to work on: April 29, 2014, 00:07:17
Why is every dream important?  I would go back to keeping a dream journal if I believed that, but it just hasn't been my experience.  I didn't seem to get anything out of the vast majority of my dreams when I was keeping a dream journal.  Which is why I eventually quite writing them down. 

When I was recording them everyday, I found that I started remembering five or more dreams a night.  And some of these dreams would end up being more than a page long fully written out.  So it got to where I was spending a LOT of time writing down my dreams and trying to interpret them.  A lot of them I wasn't even able to interpret, they didn't even seem interpretable (symbolic).  And of the few here and there that I was successfully able to interpret, the majority of those were merely recapping a previous experience that I had within the last day or so.  Basically replying the experience with different symbols.  I call them recap dreams, and they made up probably ninety some percent of my interpretable dreams. 

I did notice having the occasional precognitive dream though after I started keeping a dream journal.  Which made me think that everybody has them, they just don't realize it because they're not remembering/recording their dreams. 

But, for those of you who do record your dreams everyday and find it valuable to do so, would be nice if you could elaborate on what you get out of it.  I'm curious as to what you're doing different than me because maybe I'm doing something wrong.  The little that I got from it didn't seem to warrant the time invested.   
56  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Could We Do An Experiment?? on: April 27, 2014, 01:36:20
Dolores Cannon has a couple of books on Jesus.  Someone already mentioned "Jesus and the Essenes". The other one is "They walked with Jesus".  I believe she said she gets information from different sources, not just past life regressions.  I think she also gets info from the akashic records, from other spirits or entities that come through, and from what sounds like a higher source which can speak through all of us during regressions when we're unconscious.  I believe she calls this the subconscious because she doesn't know what else to call it.  But, she says that it's not the same thing as how a psychiatrist would use the term.  She says that while she has regressed hundreds of people and they all speak with their own voice, at times it's like the same intelligence will come through different people.  It sounded like this intelligence can pick up the conversation with her where it left off when it was coming through another person.  Personally, I don't think this is the subconscious.  I think it is the Higher Self, or what Christians call the Holy Spirit.  Maybe you could also call it the collective consciousness or superconscious.  But, in any case, it seems like this particular source of info would be ego free. 

I felt like her info on Jesus made sense.  It felt right, but I think there is more to the story.  Personally, I do believe that he survived the crucifixion.  Because clearly he didn't resurrect 3 days later in a new body - people report seeing him again with his wounds and his body was missing from the tomb.  Both indicate that he had the same physical body.  In psychic Silvia Browns book on Jesus, her info suggests that he survived and lived into his 80s.  Interestingly, in the book "The Jesus Papers", the author comes to some of the same conclusions as Silvia Brown based upon his data. 

I also noticed similarities between Edgar Cayce's book on Atlantis and Dolores Cannon's.  One thing they both talk about is how the Atlantians mixed people with animals to get things like mermaids and centairs. 
57  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: I read a post about reptillians tell me what you think on: April 27, 2014, 00:46:42
Is it even possible to verify though astral projection the presence of reptillians in our government, or whether the moon is hallow?  I am a newbie so I really don't know the answer to that.  But, from what I've read about the astral plane, it's not an exact duplicate of the physical plane is it?  I thought our thoughts instantly manifest on the astral plane.  If you think about a table it automatically appears right? So if you expect to see a solid moon or a hallow moon, you would see what you expect wouldn't you? 
58  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Kurt here. 31 yr old from Indiana on: April 22, 2014, 04:50:30
Thanks for the links.  That phasing primer was a good read.  I wondered what exactly the difference was between dreams, lucid dreams, and astral projection.  Now I see that that they are all experiences in the non-physical, but with varying levels of conscious awareness.  That makes sense. 

There is one method in there that is similar to one that I have used before which I got from another book.  And that is to ask yourself something several times during the day so that you'll ask yourself it again during a dream and become lucid.  I'm not really sure if I got this technique from one book or if I combined things from more than one book.  But, here's how this version goes:

You write the letter D (D for Dreaming) on the palm of your hand.  And then you ask yourself "Am I dreaming?" several times a day.  You always ask the question every time you do a specific thing like walk through the door.  And of course it helps to pick something that you frequently dream about.  So if you frequently dream about walking through the door then that would be a good time to ask yourself if you're dreaming.  Then you follow up the question by looking down at your hand to see if the letter D is still there and if it reads clearly because if you're dreaming it probably won't.  And then you engage your senses by asking yourself if everything looks normal or is there something out of the ordinary.  And does everything sound normal and feel normal.  I did this technique once and realized that there was snow on the ground and there shouldn't be because it was summer time.  So the snow in the dream helped me become lucid. 

I have read books on astral project and reading about other people's astral experiences can definitely be confusing.  I can see how that might not be so helpful since each experience gets interpreted though their perception.  I can also see how I need to let go of my own perceptions, and that goes right along with my spiritual beliefs as well. 

In regard to the sleep paralysis, I know that subject pretty well.  I've had enough of them unfortunately.  It's like you're between the dream state and the waking state and so you might see your bedroom, but at the same time you see a dream image overlapping (hallucination).  I had one where I perceived a huge snake wrap itself around me.  One where I felt pressure pushing down on me which is apparently pretty common.  One where I heard demon voices coming at me.  One where something walked up around my head and eventually pounced on me.  They're all scary because you can't move.  I just try to tell myself it's not real and to relax.  But, you know, I didn't realize that sleep paralysis was also the hypnogogic state because for me, I don't notice the vibrations or sounds at this time.  I just notice the fact that I can't move and the hallucinations.
59  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: My whirlwind experience that brought me to this forum on: April 21, 2014, 01:20:45
When I say I'm afraid of the unknown, I don't mean that that I'm afraid of the astral plane or of being out of my body.  I have experienced that enough times through the dream or sleep state to know that ultimately there is nothing to be afraid of.  I don't like heights or being up high.  I would never fly in a plane.  But, I have flown around in my astral body a few times and I don't have that fear there because I know that I don't have my physical body to worry about and I know I can't be hurt.  And if I were to encounter an evil entity or something I could just think about being somewhere else like my body and I'm gone.  To me the experience is just like a dream.  In fact, I figure some dreams, if not all of them may very well be experiences on the astral plane.  I feel like it's the moment of exiting and the build up to that which is what is scary to me because I've never consciously been though that process.  I just hear what sounds like strong wind and my heart starts beating really fast and it's pretty hard to relax into that and just go with it. 

Just listen to how Lionheart described one of his or her experiences:  "I have been dragged out of my bed by my ankles and spun/twisted like a top through my ceiling".  My God that sounds horrible.  I think it's the fact that we have no control over the experience that scares me.  It's like I'm being powerlessly whisked up in a tornado and I'm just suppose to somehow relax into that.
60  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: idea to trick the body to have vibrations on: April 21, 2014, 00:42:53
That reminds me of an idea that I had.  I use to lay back in a recliner and try to learn how to project.  Some techniques have you imagine that you are floating up or rising out of the body, or imagine that you're in an elevator going up or down.  Some have you imagine moving your astral limbs.  I thought that if I could somehow get my recliner to slowly rise up and down every so many seconds, maybe 20 minutes into my mediation, then maybe it could help me to disassociate from the physical body and exit. 

But, I'm not sure how you would do something like that.  You wouldn't necessarily have to use a recliner.  Could make something else to lay on that doesn't weigh as much, but I'm not sure how you could go about getting it to move up and down. 
61  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / My whirlwind experience that brought me to this forum on: April 20, 2014, 04:24:19
Every so often I have an experience like this that gets me thinking about astral projection again.  This last episode brought me to this forum. 

A couple night ago, while sleeping, I heard that sound that I hear when I know I'm close to projecting.  For me, it sounds like strong winds, and it feels like I'm caught up in it or something.  I've never been in a wind storm or a tornado, but I imagine it would sound something like that.  In the midst of this scariness, I was able to look down and see what was apparently my astral legs rising up out of the body.  I knew I could leave my body very easily if I wanted to.  But, why oh why does it have to be so dang scary?  It felt like someone was pulling on my astral legs although I knew that wasn't the case.  Maybe the pull was coming from this wind like energy, I don't know.  But, my legs were flopping about and I knew it wasn't my physical legs. 

I heard what sounded like a voice saying the same thing over and over.  The words sounded religious, although I am not religious.  I couldn't remember what the words were upon waking.  I think it was something like "praise God", "hallelujah" or something.  I just know that I could have astral projected if I wanted to but I was held back again out of fear.  Fear of the unknown. 

Upon waking, I felt as if I had been given another chance/opportunity to astral project, but once again, I resisted out of fear.  I felt dissapointed with myself. 

I was sleeping on my back when this happened.  I hardly ever sleep on my back.  I usually sleep on my side.  But, those rare times when I do sleep on my back, it seems to trigger such experiences.  I don't know why that is.  Also, because I sometimes have trouble breathing (asthma), I had the fear during this experience that maybe my physical body had stopped breathing, which only added to the fear. 
62  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Kurt here. 31 yr old from Indiana on: April 20, 2014, 03:45:29
Hi, Kurt here.  31 yr old from Indiana.  I have wanted to be able to consciously astral project since I was 18.  Around that time in my life I was avidly trying to project every single day.  Some days I would lie on my back for 3-4 hours at a time trying to make it happen.  Most of the time nothing would happen.  Some times my head would feel weird or like it was filling up with energy or something.  Occasionally I would feel the "vibrations" and feel like I'm on the verge of something happening.  My heart would speed up (or feel like it anyway) and it was always followed up by anticipatory fear.  It's like I knew something was about to happen, but I didn't know what exactly.  It's a scary feeling, and if it wasn't for the fear I probably would have achieved conscious astral projection a long time ago. 

When I say "conscious" astral projection, I mean my attempts to project during the day while I'm fully conscious.  I have experienced astral projection several times, but for me it has always been through the dream state or while I'm sleeping.  It's like I am dreaming or sleeping and I suddenly realize that I'm out of my body.  It's like I completely skip the vibrating and buzzing and the scary part where my hearts racing, and I'm hearing strong wind and feel like I'm caught up in it.  And I just find myself already out and somewhere else. 

I have tried many ways to astral project.  I have tried the astral projection audios created by the Monroe Institute.  I have tried hypnosis, binary beats, theta brainwave stuff.  I've tried them combined.  I've tried the drug salvia divinorum which is suppose to help.  It didn't do anything for me though. 

I use to find myself in that sleep paralysis state a lot while sleeping, where you can't move at all.  That use to happen to me all the time.  I heard somewhere that you can very easily project from that state just by thinking about being out of your body.  One time I had the chance to test that theory and it worked, although I didn't stay out for long.  But, it got me thinking that if I could get to this paralysis state while awake it would be easy to astral project.  Unfortunately, I have never been able to induce it while conscious.  I can lie there for 4 hours and I will not go into the paralysis state.  What is up with that?  Your body releases chemicals while you're sleeping to paralyze you so that you don't act out your dreams.  But, there's no way to fool the body into doing this while you're awake? 

On one hand, I hate how difficult it is to astral project and how scary it is, but on the other hand I am attracted by the many benefits of being able to do it.   
Pages: 1 2 [3]