The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 25, 2018, 15:10:22

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26
51  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Inspirational Quote of the Week "Knowing is Not Enough..... on: July 15, 2018, 06:59:48
Hi all,

I decided to start posting each week one inspirational quote, analyze it, think about it each day of that week and have my mind accept it as truth. That way I am creating beliefs through repetitive thoughts, sort of programming my mind to think in certain ways. We all know many truths and wisdoms, but we don't think of them enough, therefore they get lost or diluted  in our consciousness and subconsciousness. By reinforcing their meaning, we raise their vibrations within ourselves and they become a part of our daily life, thus improving and manifesting our day to day experiences.

If anyone has gone to church, or watched a motivational video of any sort, at that exact moment they say, wow this is exactly what I needed to hear. This is so powerful. But then, the next day all these empowering thoughts are forgotten and we fall again to our daily routines, often lead by our most prominent state of mind, current worries and fears. But these day to day experiences that manifest themselves are a direct result to our most often thought thoughts and emotions. Why not intentionally schedule time every day to think about something inspirational and be empowered by it. Soon our thoughts may become automatically positive, powerful, fearless, creative without even further effort on our part.

So here is the first quote of the week. Please feel free to discuss these with me and try to analyze yourself the meaning. You can relate your desires that may come to pass if you apply this wisdom in your life. Maybe you think certain things are not possible or difficult to achieve. Feel free to express your deepest thoughts and feelings. This may even become like a free therapy session for some Smiley

KNOWING IS NOT ENOUGH;WE MUST APPLY. WISHING IS NOT ENOUGH; WE MUST DO" Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

If we dont apply something that we know, then knowledge serves us no purpose, especially when comes to helping others. Helping ourselves through our knowledge is easy, we do it automatically out of  self preservation instincts and our ego. Helping others when having opportunities, expand our spirits and add even more knowledge and wisdom. The core action of existence in the multiverse is exactly INTERACTION between consiosness. Constant interaction. Lets make all interactions the best possible through application of our knowledge.
Then, what we learn must be turned into actions, otherwise our knowledge serves us no purpose, nor does it bring success. Often times fears stay on the way to success. Fear of possible failure and the consequences. But if we never take chances and risks, we will never gain success to our full potential. We have been given opportunities here on this learning ground to experiment and try many things. It is free to do so, we have tools, we have imagination, we have knowledge. Lets put them to actions and see what happens. If you want to play safe, then think of ways to do so, but actions are absolutley necessary to get the full physical game experience. If you fall, pick yourself up and try again, and again, and again.... Dont worry about final results, the experience itself is the true treasure that you can ever find. Dont think that if you dont achieve certain results you have failed. This is sooooo far from the tuth. When you let go of the fear of lack of achievement, then there will be no more energy barriers and things will autimatically fall into place.
Also, wishing, daydreaming and positive thoughts are great, they are manipulating the raw energy and creating images instantly in the unseen realms just beyong our 5 senses; however, just wishing and doing nothing else, will not bring about those thoughts into manifestation. I can guarantee, once you start thinking the right way and apply intent, there will be opportunities coming your way, but you must be open to SEE and RECOGNIZE them. You must be willing to take actions and grab these opportunities. If you dont, they will pass and the images of your desires will remain there, in the unseen worlds.

52  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: New experience! Big breakthrough. on: July 11, 2018, 11:16:47
If you obsess too much on something, that automatically will crate energy barriers of sorts because obsession often is also linked to fear of what's going to happen if you deviate from your routine. We should live balanced lives, not to harm our bodies, but not to obsess too much either. Moderation is key to everything, including enjoyable life. I eat healthy 5 days a week, then go crazy on my favorite chocolate, cheese, pizza, burgers, you name it. That balance gives me a peace of mind that I am nourishing my body with superfoods 5 days, but then reward it for 2 days. It has been working great so far. I don't notice a correlation between diet and OBE.
53  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Revelations Upon Revelations on: July 10, 2018, 11:42:39
It seems every time I try find out who I am I am shown another connection. It's like there is no real solid definitive answer. I'm an amalgam of experiences as I believe all of us are.

Great thought! Thank you for that reminder! This is so true, we just have to open our minds to release our egos and accept that we are a melting pot of so many personalities, good, bad and ugly. But all that is necessary, all drops of experiences are so precious for our overall growth. I have no problem accepting that in some lives I was a bad person, hurting other perhaps. And that realization has brought me to understand every person's actions no matter what they are and absolutely not judge on any level. This is a release of current ego. Some people have a hard time accepting that they may have been someone different going through struggle and hardship, looking differently, looking down on other people, not realizing that once they were them or they will be them in order to truly be in their shoes for complete understanding. No one can understand the other unless they have had the exact experience, therefore just observation and trying to understand others wont do, the experience itself is necessary. 
54  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: New experience! Big breakthrough. on: July 10, 2018, 11:34:15
Ask, and you shall receive! Great experience, Whitelight! Definitely in synchronicity with your thoughts and emotions. Very clever way to raise your frequency by embracing the AC sounds and imagining the ocean waves. These types of visualizations/motions bring about results. I think your brain was too awake to hold on to the experience for long. My suggestion is, every night WHILE falling asleep, do these types of techniques and let yourself fall asleep. After two, three weeks, maybe even sooner, your energies will adjust to a point where high vibrations will wake up your awareness in the middle of the night while your brain/body is asleep and you can explore the astral fully conscious for a long time.
55  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Revelations Upon Revelations on: July 10, 2018, 06:46:41
Such realizations are so profound. I am happy you understand the connection with your daughter. Not all connections are extra special, but it seems that this one is very much so for you. I believe that through many lifetimes we play different roles in terms of interactions with spirits from the same group.  I also believe there are soul groups that incarnate together.

My sister has a very strong intuition. She had a boyfriend and she could tell when he was sad, happy or worried. They had a long distance relationship, but she said she felt him all the time and she never felt such strong connection. When she felt uneasy she would receive a phone call from him and she would be in some sort of dangerous situation. He was in the French legion. My sister told me that she feels in a past life they were twins. That is a little freaky thinking about it how roles change, but at the end of the day it makes sense on the grand scale of existence, taking forms of characters for learning purposes.
Well, they are not together anymore and that shows you how things change and if you feel certain strong connection with someone, it doesn't meant you are meant to be together forever LOL. This life game has so many probabilities and possibilities in so many alternate realities that one should not get disappointed and devastated if such connection doesn't develop. It is all about the game and experiencing different outcomes. I have strayed away from your main topic, Nameless, but these thoughts lead me to my own experience with a twin flame if you believe in them and how things did not work. I was absolutely sure that it will since we are, well soul mates LOL. I was devastated, but soon realized how narrow my mind was on the subject. As soon as I opened all doors to the meaning of existence, I got freed from this devastation. Now, I take whatever comes and whatever happens as another stage of the game. After all, we have everything we desire somewhere in the multiverse. Nothing is ever lost nor impossible, we just have to understand the nature of existence, and we will be content forever.
56  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Did I see the dead or just a projection... OR did I go to the 4th dimension? on: July 09, 2018, 12:52:12
oh, and stop watching anything that negatively affects your emotions. not just horror movies, but anything that makes you sad, frightened, uneasy, etc. Focus your daily activities including watching TV on enjoyable, lighthearted things. I love comedies and feel good movies, scientific and nature shows. After all what we focus on even for entertainment purposes shapes our future, because they make you think certain thoughts, and thoughts create things.
57  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Did I see the dead or just a projection... OR did I go to the 4th dimension? on: July 09, 2018, 12:48:08
I think maybe I have watched one too many horror movies growing up and thinking about lower realms/energies really freaks me out.

haha, it's not like that at all. That used to be my fear as well, but when my curiosity got bigger than the fear and i experienced the true magnificense of the miltiverse, that fear no longer exist. Take a leap and you will be freed.
58  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Did I see the dead or just a projection... OR did I go to the 4th dimension? on: July 09, 2018, 11:33:45
It looks like you have a natural ability to channel. Your anxiety may be linked to your close connection to the spiritual world. You are resisting to open the channels though and that may be increasing your anxiety. your story remind me of Theresa Caputo. She is a medium and has a show on TLC. If you haven't watched her shows, please do and read about her story how she had severe anxiety since childhood due to receiving messages from spirits but she was too frightened of this, so she resisted it. When she finally gave in and willingly opened herself to channel, her anxiety subsided. Don't be afraid of the spiritual world. I am not sure exactly what frightens you, but many experiences APers can assure you that we don't encounter scary things out there. It's just in your head. And if you have general fear of the unknown, then get to know the unknon and it will become known Smiley, then the fear will have no ground anymore.
59  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Serious Question on: July 08, 2018, 13:25:49
It's possible, but are you sure that wasn't false awakening. I had several times where I would wake up in bed, everything is the same as in my real room. I would have no clue that I am perceiving the astral and weird things start happening. One time I started moving the door with my mind while still laying down thinking I was awake and seriously I got so ecstatic that had telekinetic abilities reality thinking it finally happened in the physical world. However, after I thought I might be in the astral, I would snap back and sadly no telekinetic abilities LOL

What we perceive in dreams are real energies interacting and affecting physical mater as well. Those energies are navigated by us whether through conscious emotions and thoughts or unsuspected fears and beliefs that we may not even be aware of. We do this all the time by the way, we just start perceiving it when we shout down our 5 senses and start seeing it through dreams sometimes symbolically. So, it's very possible to see stronger and fast manifestation in the physical. Rare though because of the "slowness" if you will of the nature of the physical matter, but possible.
60  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Nameless' Everything Journal on: July 08, 2018, 02:39:32
That's wonderful! The water I think represented the energy that cleansed her emotions.
61  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE from Phasing on: July 04, 2018, 14:12:57
It's always fun flying around your house, isn't it. I have done that frequently, flying out either from the terrace or from the roof, hovering above my childhood house and then flying around town. Although I don't love there anymore, I am taken very often during OBEs there. I guess my nostalgia draws me there. I love it though, very much.

Validation wise, one time during OBE I went inside the house and I saw red covers on the sofa and arm chairs. They were light beige in real life and I thought that must be some of the differences between duplicate realities. Then  a few days later during skype with my mom, I saw the red covers. I was like, WOW, mom, when did you change these?

During phasing do you always have full "out" experience. I am trying to uderstand what exactly is the phasing experience.

62  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Nameless' Everything Journal on: July 04, 2018, 09:57:33
I know she was with me on this journey across planes. Sometimes we slowed down just to observe what all was there and then we'd speed back up and race along awhile. We glimpsed and passed many realities eventually winding right back where we started there in the store.

M

Wow, this description is like one scene from a fantasy book I am writing. One of the group gets killed in the battle with the darkness, then the main character lays next to his body, gets OOB by will and sees his spirit standing there. In attempt to show him the multiverse, she grabs him by the hand and start racing with him through realities flying higher and higher, streaming through light and colors, stars and galaxies, energy vortexes and swirls. At times they slow down and certain beautiful worlds are shown. At the end as they gain speed through the dimensions suddenly there is a blinding blast of light like supernova explosion, which  tells the readers that they have reached the highest heaven and have become one with everything and God. I imagine this becoming a movie and that exact scene in the background of this song. Epic Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1DOTURfpno

I think this AP definitely shows your continuous assistance and guidance to others.
63  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Saving the Gold Fish on: July 02, 2018, 08:50:39
HI all,

Well, suggestions and focus on certain things really manifest in some form either here or in dreams or OBEs. after our discussions about paranormal events, I started thinking more about what creatures could be here on earth but we just cant observe them. Maybe our reality overlaps in certain places and there are sightings. Last night it started as a dream, I was walking on some beach and suddenly it came to an end with a huge cave. I stopped in front of the cave and was hesitant t go inside although I was curious. At that moment I gained lucidity and I took over the experience. I was soooo excited. I looked around to see if anyone was nearby and then I heard voices coming from the inside of the cave. A little creature child like figure with very sweet face emerged, but he was very concerned and crying. He was dragging with something like a white sheet what appeared to be a large gold fish looking creature. The gold fish was as large as a dining table with pretty flowing fins, gold and shimmering color, but the fish was dying. The little creature saw me and said "My friend is dying, she can no longer survive here. I have called my planet to come and get her home. I said, "what, a spaceship is coming?" The creature said "Yes". He kept looking up in the sky waiting anxiously. The fish was rolling in what appears to be a small puddle of shimmering water beneath it, which was giving it enough "something" to stay alive. While we were looking at the sky, a human like person with dark skin got teleported next to us. He was from the ship that was coming. He nodded to the creature and turned to me. He smiled and said "You are very excited to see the ships. Right?" I said "I am ecstatic, are you kidding me. Can you give me a ride around or 5 minutes." He said "Of course". I cant tell you what emotions I was having at the moment. Me head was going to explode out of disbelieve that I was experiencing this. I asked him " I wish I can experience this with my physical body in my reality, not in the astral. Is this creature living in our earth and this is a duplicate reality?" He smiled and said nothing, but I sensed he wanted to tell me "You already know the answer". I remembered to ask him " So, spirits in the astral, do they help people in our reality. Guides, loved ones, angels, fairies. Are they around us, do they help us" He said " Only if someone wants to be helped, otherwise the energies wont be received"

At that moment two ships appeared in the sky and quickly landed in front of us. Thy were colored disc shaped, but they fly vertically and this is how they landed, not horizontally. The little creature and the man got the fish inside and they allowed me to board. I entered a large open area of the ship with large windows. There were many transparent things maybe equipment of some sort and like suspended in the air. I looked through the window and saw three local men. They looked like from Latin America, so I thought that this cave was somewhere in Peru. I thought they would see the ship, but they were looking through us and saw nothing. I realized that we must be shealed and invisible to the humans. That amused me, but one of them stopped and stared at the ships although I could tell he sensed something but could not  see. My next thought was, ok when are we going to take off, and then..... I woke up. I was disappointed that I couldnt experience a ride around the milky way, but oh well, that was such an exsiting OBE that I cant complain.

64  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Nameless' Everything Journal on: July 02, 2018, 08:25:32
Well I blew it.

Had the chance of an adventure and became all gooey human cringing in terror. Was grabbed by the ankle and should have just relaxed and went with it. Unfortunately I immediately reverted to my old fears and conjured up a dream to save myself instead. Darn it.

This is why you don't get cocky, LOL.

That's normal, don't worry, maybe next time Smiley
65  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: AR - Alternate Realities / AP - Astral Projection on: June 29, 2018, 04:29:57
Here is how I understand Dreams and LDs.

1. Dream - you have no awareness that you are dreaming and when you wake up sometimes you wonder what the hell was that. Dreams have often strange scenarios, they could be symbolic. You also sometimes act in them not in a typical way as if you had awareness. Vivid dreams though still without awareness to me are still regular dreams and not Lucid Dreams. Lucidity to me equals awareness

2. LDs - If during a regular dream, all of a sudden you realize that you are dreaming, this is the moment the regular dream turns into a Lucid Dream. Usually for me, if I take over and gain a good amount of awareness and start navigating the experience, then this turns into OBE. So, I think lucid dreams are actually very short, they are the prelude from a regular dream to an OBE. If my awareness though starts fading, the OBE may turn back into a dream, or I just wake up. Usually lucidity during a dream area achieved through suggestions before bed that you will remember and remain aware in your dreams. But these suggestions need to have strong intent as you are falling asleep, not just a thought like a wishful thinking.

3. Classic OBE or AP (to me AP and OBE are the same thing, just preference of terms) - For me this is achieved by performing motion/visualization technique while falling asleep. I let myself fall asleep, but I know that I will be awaken during the night by vibes, or just my awareness will be awaken. In this case, I feel fully awake, though my body is fully asleep. When this body and brain are fully asleep, then you can stay in AP state for a long time, that's why this is my preferred way to experience the NP. So, during OBE I am fully aware that I am experiencing the N realities and that my body is asleep, but I no longer feel that I am laying down in my bed. I feel like I have gotten out of my house and have gotten far on vacation. I literally feel every time like I am on vacation LOL. As many members have expressed OBE exploration feels far more real than being in the physical world and this applies to me as well. During OBEs, I don't encounter anything scary or weird scenarios. Sometimes I decide I want to go somewhere, but sometimes I just request to be taken where I am needed. In any case these are truly fascinating experiences. Some people are satisfied to just know that there is something beyond, but I have the desire to explore it. Who wouldn't want to go on free vacations around the multiverse if they can Smiley

Phasing to me is the same as OBE just the method of tuning in is different. That to doesn't matter much. I can't do Phasing though, because my mind cant get relaxed enough if not sleepy to get to that deep sleepy state. If my brain is too awake, I can experience some visions, flickers, but I wouldn't feel totally out. But everyone is different. What works for some may not work for others and vice versa.

I think we should do a forum get together is some weird place and try to trigger a paranormal event hehe. If anyone is interested we can even take a cruise through the Bermuda triangle Wink
66  Healing / Welcome to the Healing place! / Re: Reverse shoulder replacement on: June 28, 2018, 14:03:41
sending now....

Talk to your cells, imagine how everything is healing as it once was. The body is designed to heal itself.
Our thoughts whether we realize it or not send commands to our cells all the time, and they respond accordingly. Think love and health of your body and the healing energy will spring from within your very self.
67  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: AR - Alternate Realities / AP - Astral Projection on: June 28, 2018, 13:10:49
  Just look at the stats here on the Astral pulse. One of the most viewed threads is based on Masturbation and Incubus/Succubus.

hahaha, oh, our lovely human nature comes to play.

Yes, I totally agree with the distinguish between dreams, LDs and OBEs. NO comparison really between a dream, even if you become aware to a point to gain lucidity. I find that if I gain lucidity from a dream, my awareness is still not a high as if I get awaken in the middle of the night by some sort of vibes and my awareness gets fully awake, then I exit, because my body is fully asleep and that allows me a long AP without loss of awareness. AP is NOTHING like dreams, absolutely no comparison. Yes, they take place in some NP reality, but are they really they same type of realities? There are many types of NP realities, some composed of raw energy, some more established by consciousness, etc. If there was no difference, this forum would not have been created in the first place.

There is a lot of fear when comes to the supernatural, but if you replace fear with curiosity, by all means send me to the Bermuda triangle n a foggy day LOL
68  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Nameless' Everything Journal on: June 28, 2018, 06:34:47
That is very interesting, Nameless. Maybe he is showing you that you can hear something, but you have to really listen. An old wisdom that you already have, but need to realize that you have it.
Years ago I went to Vegas with my sister. Many interesting extraordinary things happened that week, but there was one instance where we were at a gift shop at a casino and as I was looking at the items, I knew that someone was looking at me. I turned and there in the distance was a group of monks, like from Tibet, exactly draped in gold and red. One of them was intensely looking at me. When our eyes met, he smiled. A rush of thoughts entered my head at that exact moment, like he was telling me that I know something that you know, but no body else. It was like telepathy. I smiled back, then the group left. I felt like this person was someone I knew from a past life perhaps, and in this life we just crossed paths with just this brief interaction. Brief but powerful though.

The other night, I had a similar dream like yours. I realized that I had a tick on my right shoulder. I ended up in a hospital room and there was a doctor who removed the tick and showed it to me and said "You see, I took out the whole thing together with the teeth and legs, nothing is left in your body and there will be no consequences of the bite. "
69  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: AR - Alternate Realities / AP - Astral Projection on: June 28, 2018, 02:51:52
I love all these topics and I have posted my alien and ghost encounters, which were not through AP. I perceived them here in this reality with my physical senses. There is so much around us that we just cant perceive unfortunately, but this highly fascinates me. In fact, my favorite movies are the fantasy labeled, only I believe that nothing is a fantasy Smiley. Not many people though experience these types of events here in the physical because of the limitation of our physical senses, so the validity is questionable and there are many skeptics. I also like to watch documentaries about string theory, parallel universes, alternate realities. I found many in youtube, actually made by scientists and presented through a scientific point of view, many based on quantum physics. Dr.Michio Kaku is one of the physicists that is trying to explain much of it. I love his documentaries, they have aired on the science channel, but you can find them on youtube. We can start topics, but I don't know how may people will participate in the discussion. We can give it a try. Pick the first topic, Nameless Smiley
70  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Prison on: June 26, 2018, 08:37:56
Lightbeam, your Prison scenario sounds quite a bit like the beginning of my "Prison Retrieval", that I am still working on. Thankfully it's coming to an end though.

In mine, I was imprisoned for some kind of ridiculous, trivial offense. That's when the "plot" was divulged to me and I had found my next duty. Possibly your experience will become a multi night one as well. Keep aware!   wink

I'm glad yours is resolving. I'll keep an eye on relating dreams and see if there will be any clues.
71  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Nameless' Everything Journal on: June 26, 2018, 05:32:18
Ah, very clever of him Smiley
72  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Nameless' Everything Journal on: June 26, 2018, 03:08:45
Cactus Boy, haha. Lately I have been planting a lot of cactuses in my garden Smiley Maybe he is my garden gnome or fairy hehe
73  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Prison on: June 26, 2018, 03:06:09
Wooo, so you did get out but as someone else.

When I woke up as that other girl, I was supposed to be still there, but I felt that I wasn't because how can they keep me in since I didn't look like myself anymore LOL. So I felt free. Maybe it was a residual feeling left from my challenge, and now since I have changed (well, not physically, but I have grown wiser) I no longer feel trapped here in this life.
74  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Will Ayahuasca trigger the ability to have astral/OBE experiences? on: June 25, 2018, 11:47:28
I Listened to one of his interviews before going to bed, and he was saying just that: if you haven't done a technique persistently for 24 days you haven't done it! Guilty as charged!

Absolutley, like any type of learning. You can't expect to learn how to drive a car within a few days. It takes time for your brain to adjust and create the reflexes.
75  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Will Ayahuasca trigger the ability to have astral/OBE experiences? on: June 25, 2018, 09:15:40
Just for fun, why don't you stop obsessing about having an OBE, and start changing your believes about how do you perceive yourself and your life. What you think of yourself and your life is what you experience in a daily basis. I know it sounds very hard to change these beliefs, but just for fun, start believing in magic and see yourself as the version you really want to be, FEEL yourself that way with great intent, FEEL your life changing the way you want it to be. But, don't obsess about fast results and getting disappointed if it doesn't happen. Expect nothing, just make yourself FEEL the way you want to believe and experience life. See this life as a video game, what can you do to make it more exciting? Dare to dream and act on opportunities, or create opportunities yourself. Your thoughts mold the unseen energy every moment of everyday and depending on the intensity and beliefs this energy manifests within your very life.
OBE wise, if you haven't read William Buhlman's books, I highly recommend them. If you have to dedicate at least a month for each technique in the book, follow strictly the rules, and I will be surprised if you don't succeeds. However, you need to be persistent and not give up quickly.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26