The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 20, 2017, 17:06:46

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
1  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Happy 1000th James S on: November 06, 2003, 19:56:43

Congrats!

2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Pulse Island! / Guestbook on: September 25, 2003, 20:19:12
I say that someone who visits the island should create a guestbook so that when we all first arrive we can leave our mark.  It would also be a good way for people to if they have succeeded in projecting to API.  For example once you have written something in it you could type it up here.  This would take a little effort on your part to notice what color the background of your post would be and you change the color of the text to match it so that viewers would have to highlight your post to see if what they saw was correct.  Like this, highlight the next couple of lines to see the text:

See this text is hidden unless you choose to read it.

I don't know what the other background color is so if Adrian or someone could help me try and figure it out this might work after all.  This in my opinion would be a great way for people to validate their experience.

Respectfully,
Link's Shadow
3  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Farsight RV on: September 11, 2003, 21:49:11
Does anyone have the Farsight Remote Viewing course lessons?  I want to download them but the only person on winmx that has them is using a 56K modem and with the number of files there are and there size that would take a very long time to download all of them.
4  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Informal Poll: How old are you? on: September 11, 2003, 20:44:49
Now I realize this may not be something that you want to give out but I am just curious what the age distribution is across this site.  If you don't want to give a specific age you could go like a 10 year range for example 20's.

I am 18 years old.
5  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Dark Side of the Moon on: September 09, 2003, 04:07:52
Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon", were the song writers creative geniuses or just stoned?  I am interested to hear what people have to say on the subject.  I personally think that it is creative genius but I think that is just because I want to believe that[Wink].

Pink Floyd Rules,
Link's Shadow
6  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Schooling system on: September 04, 2003, 03:56:38
I have to say that I am really irritated with people continually bashing the education systems around the world.  Granted I understand that there are problems with them but the blame for ignorance should not fall on the institution, instead in my opinion it should fall to those students that do not apply themselves any more than what is required.  Every student is capable of learning as much as they want with or without school.  The public education systems have been created to cater to the lowest level of students so that everyone has access to an education.  If you want to learn more, the responsibility comes to you.  I believe that this is a good way to have the system work as it teaches those willing to learn that you must take some initiative in order to better yourself instead of depending on someone else.  Basically what I am trying to get at is before you start placing blame on someone else or some other group of people for not teaching you.  Look at the amount of time and effort you have put into learning, odds are it is not all that much.  You are your greatest teacher, you know how you learn best and you have virtually unlimited resources in the world today.  Go out and teach yourself something instead of relying on others, that is a sad way to exist in my opinion.

Respectfully,
Link's Shadow
7  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Inserting an image on: August 30, 2003, 13:39:10
How do you insert an image directly into your post.  I know that there is the "Insert Image" button up above but what do you put inside of the tags?  I tried putting only the link inside but it did not work.
8  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Windows worm, picking up speed on: August 13, 2003, 22:49:53
There is a worm out and it is in full swing right now.  I have heard of many people being infected by it.  Here is an article that briefly talks about it.  

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,1208127,00.asp

Your computer will say something to the effect that "Your computer needs to be shutdown in a certain amount of time."  Something about "RPC".  I have not been infected by it so I don't know exactly what it says.  I have heard of several people installing the windows patch with no success in correcting the problem.  I have found a method to prevent yourself from getting infected though and to find out if you have been infected even if you have not gotten any messages yet.

Prevent for windows xp the main operating system affected:

1.  Go to control panel and select "Administative Tools".
2.  Double click on "Services" this will open a new window
3.  Scroll down and find "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)", double click it.  You may have one called "Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator", don't choose this one.
4.  Select the Recovery tab.
5.  Change the "first failure", "second failure", and "subsequent failures" boxes to "take no action".
6.  Click apply and then okay.  You are now protected.

Fix

1.  Click start and select "Search"
2.  Search for "Lovsan.exe", "LoveSan.exe", and "MSBlast.exe"
3.  If you find any of them delete them and empty the recycle bin on the desktop.
4.  Go here to get updates if you have not done so in a while just for future securities sake.  http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
9  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Astral Chat on: July 28, 2003, 23:18:46
This does have anything to do with the forum and I am not sure if anyone can answer my question, but I am curious if it is possible to connect to the astral chat using an irc client?
10  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Site statistics. Please read on: July 25, 2003, 17:59:15
I don't mean any disrespect to those that contribute so much to this site but, kibeginnersnightmare is a crazed fool running wild through this board.  I think he hit some kind of record for daily posts himself.  Right now he is at 37.33 posts per day.  If he were to continue that for a month, he would 1119.9 posts.  I mean come on, if you look at the records for the site here:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/view_announcements.asp

You can see that in June the site set a new post record at about 4,300 posts in one months time.  He alone would make up more than a 1/4 of the sites total posts in a month.  That is just absurd!  He is just bogging down the system and needs to be taught a lesson.  I just wanted to bring this to the attention of everyone who cares about this site.

Respectfully,
Links Shadow
11  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Banachek on: July 16, 2003, 14:56:21
http://www.banachek.org

The above is a website of a man who is a mentalist, a magician that pretends to be psychic.  I felt this is something that would make for an interesting discussion here.  I saw him on a TV show last night and checked out his website and thought it was amusing that he convinced MIT researchers into believeing he was a genuine psychic.  For those who like the shows "Crossing Over with John Edward" and "Beyond with Jon Van Praagh" there is a part of the site which explains how these people are fakes.  I don't discount the fact that what he says might be true but I still believe, "know" psychic phenomena are still real.  What do you think of what he says?

Links Shadow
12  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Who has helped you most? on: July 09, 2003, 00:04:15
I am curious what users you think have helped you the most?

For me Tom has helped me a lot, but since Tom does not frequent the forum anymore timeless has stepped up to take his place.
13  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Private message notification on: July 03, 2003, 01:19:40
I have not selected the option that sends an e-mail to me when I receive a PM, and yet on occasions I get an e-mail saying that I have received a PM for someone.  I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen.  It is not a big deal but I find it odd that I never checked that box and even now if I go and look at it the option is not marked.
14  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Everyone please read. on: July 02, 2003, 03:34:33
This post is mainly for those people that have shown other members of this site disrespect in some way, but I think that everyone should still read it.

Look I have no problem with you stating your opinions and believing what you want to believe heck this entire website was created for that purpose, but to come in here and use such defamatory language is disrespectful to Adrian and everyone else on this forum that has spent many years creating a place where people could talk kindly to each other and explore what it is to be human regardless of whatever beliefs we may have.

Tone it down a bit show a little bit more respect when you don't have all the facts. How do I know that you don't have all the facts, because no one does. You have your beliefs which is well and good but to be disrespectful of others is downright rude. I don't care what belief system you have but regardless, it comes down to the golden rule which holds true to everyone dispite religion or spiritual beliefs, "Do unto other as you would have them do unto you."

Remember the goal of this site is not to force people to believe certain things, it is to allow people to choose what they want to believe. The bottom line is to be nice to the people on the boards. If you disagree with someone that is fine just show some respect for their freedom of choice. Thanks for hearing me out everyone.

Respectfully,
Links Shadow
15  The Astral Library / Welcome to Writers Corner! / A decent resource for writers on: June 29, 2003, 20:22:07
I am not a big about.com fan because of all the ads that they have, but they have a lot of information on just about any form of writing.

http://teenwriting.about.com

It is a good place for people who are just starting out and want some tips, but just the same it has enough information that even experienced writers can find things that might help them out.

Links Shadow

16  The Astral Library / Welcome to Writers Corner! / Here is a poem I wrote. on: June 23, 2003, 21:49:17
I wrote this as an in class essay in my English class.  My teacher really liked it even though she said it did not really answer the prompt, but oh well.  I think that many people can identify with the thoughts in this poem.  I have not revised it since I first wrote it, and I only had 45 minutes in which to write so please share any thoughts or criticism you might have regarding it

GUESS WHO i AM

my name is god
absolute

important

omnipotent and -- omniscient
hardworking
well-rounded

surrounded by chaos
scorned for my views
excluded
usurped of my dignity
grown from adolescense
17  Healing / Welcome to the Healing place! / Healing for my grandfather on: June 21, 2003, 20:51:32
My grandfather has colon cancer and will be having surgery to remove it in a week.  I have heard that there is a chance that it could be terminal depending how well the surgery goes, so I am hear to ask for all of you to think of him in your prayers or set aside some to heal him.  Thank you in advance.

Links Shadow
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Unable to control movement during AP on: May 06, 2003, 12:38:11
Last night I was attempting to AP, and at some point my astral body began moving around inside my body like it was on a roller coaster.  It was a very fast very twisted roller coaster.  I am sure that my astral body had somewhat broken free from my physical body, but I was unable to stop of even slow the movement, and I was not able to get away from my body either.  I was wondering if other people have had an experience like this, and if so do you have any suggestions?
19  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / How do you request a guide on APs? on: April 23, 2003, 02:42:12
I have read that many people request a guide to help them achieve whatever goal they had set for themselves. I would like to know how you do this for I have never had any success in my attempts. Thanks for you input ahead of time.
20  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Does meditation help develop your energy body? on: April 21, 2003, 15:18:52
I am much more into meditating than I am working on the NEW system or other types of energy developing methods, and I would like to know if it is possible to achieve similar results to the NEW system through meditation, even if it takes longer?
21  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / How much time? on: April 15, 2003, 21:58:49
How much time each day do you generally practice the NEW system?  I have recently started as in the last couple of weeks, and I practice for about 15 minutes a day.
22  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Does music help? on: April 12, 2003, 18:09:21
I have heard that music can help in energy movements and feeling. What I want to know is what are some good CDs for this, or who are some good artists? I have some Enya which is New Age but it does not seem to work. Any input would be much appreciated.
23  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Is this normal? on: April 12, 2003, 15:39:04
I just started the NEW system about a week ago, but I have trouble targeting localized areas. What I mean is when I focus on a specific joint in my hand or foot the entire foot becomes active. Is this a bad thing that I can not focus specifically on a certain area, or does it just mean that I have a naturally developed energy system?
24  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Starting a Reiki business on: January 31, 2004, 16:06:22
People do pay for reiki attunements and healing.  They usually feel that something they pay for is better than if they didn't pay for it.  I have been running a psuedo-business out of my dorm room for reiki attunements and healings but I don't charge.  I have it more as a donation system where if the person feels compelled to pay they may.  You would be surprised how many people under that kind of condition would actually pay and pay well.[Cheesy]  With a reiki or any spiritual business the first and foremost concern HAS to be customer service.  The more you can accomodate their needs the better you will do.
25  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Best deal on laptops? on: January 31, 2004, 04:34:50
I bought mine direct from IBM it isn't the cheapest way but you can customize it and get exactly what you want.  I don't like Dell.  I have know to many people that have had problems with customer support and just the overall quality of the computers.  Apparently they use really cheap parts at least for the mother boards the most important part.  I know someone that went through 8 in 2 months time and each time it would take at least 3 days before someone would come out and fix it.  They weren't pushing there computer either they were using it for school work (typing up papers and browsing the internet).  Stay away from Dell.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16