The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 16, 2018, 04:04:15

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 40
26  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Mind Blowing Realization!! on: June 30, 2018, 11:29:07
I'm bring this back to the top as it's simply a brilliant read!!! Enjoy
Since we are bringing back "Gems" from the past, I wanted to bring back this fantastic post by Frank Kepple, made years ago as well. It should help those that are new to the Forum understand what we speak of when we talk about Phasing and OBEs.

"Phasing is a term first coined by Monroe which developed thus...

Quote Monroe:

"One of the Knowns emerging through repeated examination was that moving into or out-of-body no longer had for me what could be called "movement." Experienced subjects in the Institute laboratory had reported this many times but it was not a part of my personal pattern until I began what I called the "quick-switch" method. Thereafter what happened was a fading out of one consciousness into another. To describe it as "going out-of-phase" seemed more accurate and satisfied better my left brain classification system."

Phasing is a means of projecting consciousness within the Astral realms. Whether you project via traditional obe practice, or through the more modern-day Phasing approach you still project within the same Astral realms. All that changes is the method used to get there. Like, fly to New York on an aircraft, or go by ocean liner, you still end up in the same New York.

As with Physical transportation systems, there are benefits coupled with disadvantages of each. The boat takes longer, but you can relax, take a walk, have a swim, sleep in a comfortable bed, enjoy sumptuous meals, etc. By contrast the plane is cramped and uncomfortable, the food sucks, and so forth, but it's darned quick and relatively cheap.

So, you can take the traditional Energy Raising approach, and have tremendous fun igniting various energy centres (Chakras); enjoy all the weird and wonderful sensations of having crackling waves of energy running up and down your body; creating psi balls; moving objects with your thoughts, and so on. Not only that, you can take this energy and create a body double of yourself from etherial matter; project a copy of your consciousness into it; and go wandering around the real-time zone.

As I say, all great fun and interesting to do. But it's darned tricky to accomplish for the average person. Not only that, while it may be fun to an accomplished projector having waves of cracking energy flowing through them; or looking down on their physical selves whilst lying on the bedroom ceiling: ordinary people normally get scared out of their wits just by the thought of doing such a thing.

Phasing offers a simpler approach as the technique is aligned very much with bodily actions and/or sensations that most individuals already do while performing other actions. Becoming completely engrossed in a movie or a book, is very much like the Focus 10 state, for example. Mildly drifting off listening to classical music is like Focus 3. As such, it is all very much easier to explain.

Not only that, people gain confidence knowing they can make progress with feelings they are already familiar with. And they are reassured by the fact they are not going to suddenly find themselves bouncing off the ceiling thinking they just died, or whatever.

The big disadvantage is the Phasing experience is a whole lot more restrictive. Barring the odd exception, the only place you ever get to go, or thing you get to do, is to project within the Astral realms.

Now, for me, that is all I ever want to do. Because, on the Astral, is where all the fun stuff lies. However, there is a MAJOR pitfall: all the "fun stuff" can only be tapped into by knowing and adhering to the strict ground-rules that apply. Which is ever so easy to say, but so darned difficult to perform at the time.

In summary, I would say that Phasing offers a person a relatively quick and simple way of projecting their conscious awareness within the Astral realms (if, like me, that is all you really want to do). But there is the danger a person may project within the Astral completely unprepared for what comes next.

The traditional approach seems to be taken more slowly, and with a far greater emphasis placed on the actual Spiritual teaching side of things. To me, this more prepares a person for "normal" life on the Astral. A lot of the teaching talks about being a good person, being non-violent and generally cooperating with others. I note, though, that people through the ages have taken this to mean only Spiritually pure people, and the like, can have access to the Astral. Which is not true.

You can be as evil as they come and the Astral will welcome you with open arms. However, people who cannot keep their emotions and thoughts in check will naturally not get past Focus 22. The reason for this not because there is some Astral police force preventing you, but simply because Focus 22 is the first realm where thought equals direct action.

A violent/aggressive/highly-fearful person will simply become imprisoned by the circumstances of their own making. Which is a vile and disgusting thing to witness. But, ultimately, you brush it off realising that it's all part of the human learning-curve in the grand scheme of things.

Yours,
Frank"

Frank is another member here that is truly missed. Xanth did a fantastic job though assembling all Frank's post into one PDF.
 I have many of what I consider "Gems" that I have saved separately on my computer for moments just like this.  smiley
27  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Mind Blowing Realization!! on: June 30, 2018, 11:17:46
Yeah, we never did really figure out what happened to AZ.  Nice guy.  Hope nothing bad happened.  :/
AZ, aka It'sallbad, was a good friend of mine as well. We talked often outside the AP Forum. A relocation of sorts was what caused him to go silent here. He loved this Forum and all it's members.
28  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: AR - Alternate Realities / AP - Astral Projection on: June 29, 2018, 07:02:23
 Excellent comments all!  smiley

Well, if anything, we found a topic that we all have some passion for here. That in itself put some "pulse" back into the Astral Pulse Forums, lol.

My comments on the Paranormal portion of the this thread and conversation were created out of "foresight". The thought, "Be careful what you wish for" came through loud and clear.
 I don't think those other Paranormal Forums that I spoke about thought that they would head down such a negative path as well. I am open minded, but I can't constantly entertain the thoughts of Demons and negs all the time. That in itself might actually put some harmful "expectations" or "front loading" into this practice and we already see how powerful "fear" can be.

The conversations would start innocent enough, but then the "negative" would take over and the Astral Pulse would get the identity of just another "woo woo" Forum.

We have spoke of ET experiences in the past here. But as remember, only a few members were engaged in the conversation. They were always the same members and still are the same members that are posting in this very thread here, with the exception, so far, of EV and Szaxx. I am curious to what Baro-san thinks of this as well. To tell you the truth, I have stayed on this Forum for the years I have because I enjoy sharing with other like minded individuals. I have always been trying to find people like me. People that came to this realm to "observe". Many of us here are the same. We didn't feel like we fit in, starting in our youth and still don't fit into the perceptual mold of a Human being. Many of us feel like there is some underlining purpose for us being here, other then the party of line of just coming here to reduce Entropy.
 Here is an interesting comment I cam across about reducing Entropy. "the basic definition of entropy is the movement from a low state of disorganization or entropy to a higher state of disorganization. You may think that you could decrease the entropy by simply reorganizing every thing but that reorganization would require energy forming heat or light or sound, creating more entropy." I never thought of it like that, but it makes perfect sense.

Ghosts and Spirits. Our home is like Grand Central Station for Spirits. We get all kinds of "guests" passing through. I'm sure that comes with Astral practice on some level and happens to many of you as well. Being in a constant state or heightened state of awareness means that you are aware of everything around you, even things you can't see, yet definitely do feel. Empathy is part of the package as well. We don't really think like other people do and because of that, we experience this physical life in a different way. I always feel like an "observer", even when I am participating.
 This same conversation is going on right now on another Forum that some of here frequent, the EIC Forum. I figured I would kill two birds with one stone by not only adding it to this current conversation, but also giving my opinion/view as well.

Last year over at the EIC Forum I created this thread " http://www.explorations-in-consciousness.com/forums/index.php?threads/is-a-spontaneous-obe-a-form-of-abduction.5586/". We had some replies, but as usual it was the same people replying. Today, it is still the same people that keep that Forum active as well. There must be more people that understand that concept and wish to join in the conversation. So, perhaps we could use that for a discussion point here as well. It's basically what gave me my real "wake up call" and got me on the path that I am currently on today. I have I found my answers. No. But I still question it, especially when I hear so many people of Radio talk shows calling in with similar experiences. I don't have all the answers. Just when I think I have something figured out pertaining to the way things operate in NP, everything changes and I am back to square one again.

I have in the past started conversations on more Paranormal experiences, but those conversations fizzled out pretty fast. Once again, the same people were active in them and there's only so much that 4 or 5 people can say. I was hoping it would draw some of the people that stay in the shadows here, open into the open. Unfortunately, that didn't occur.  sad Like others here, I have more questions than answers!  undecided
29  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: AR - Alternate Realities / AP - Astral Projection on: June 28, 2018, 18:10:33
 I wanted to add 2 more quick things.

#1, Dr. Michio Kaku is one of my favorite speakers. I listen to him often and recently in a interview he spoke of the passing of his good friend Dr. Stephen Hawking. In the conversation, he stated that not only he thinks that our civilization was once a 11th dimensional reality, but so did Stephen. He has come to this conclusion from the teachings of the Ancients and Masters. He also stated that somewhere along the line he felt that we got "dumbdowned" to the dimension that we live in today. My jaw dropped when I heard him say that. I was shocked by his incredible open mindedness, especially because of his position and earned respect in the Scientific Community.

The #2 thing I wanted to say, or should I say post here is a link to Robert Peterson's website, where he breaks down LDs and OBEs in a chart like comparison form. He doesn't include Phasing in that, but as we already know, many of the traits and characteristics of Phasing are shared with OBEs.
 http://www.robertpeterson.org/obe-vs-lucid.html
30  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: AR - Alternate Realities / AP - Astral Projection on: June 28, 2018, 14:20:26
 I am glad you share my view Lightbeam. I thought I might be in for a battle creating a post like that. I enjoyed Greystraveller and many other members here from the past that stopped coming here when we began grouping LDs with OBEs and Phasing. Actually, some were adamant that OBEs themselves and Phasing were two completely different things. Those views and their opinions were a result of countless experiences that they had as well and for that I respected what they had to say.

Yes, I will definitely take curiosity over fear. Curiosity is what keeps me going back for me. It's what locks me in to a Phase session and takes me deeper.

I'll be in a boat right behind you, lol!  grin
31  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Anyone have success despite adhd? on: June 28, 2018, 12:56:49
Interesting work, Lumaza. You look like you've been busy! And thanks for your posts, they're always very helpful.
Thank you for your kind words! Your welcome my friend!  smiley
32  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: AR - Alternate Realities / AP - Astral Projection on: June 28, 2018, 12:52:24
 This is a difficult choice for me. The one thing that separated the Astral Pulse from all the other Paranormal websites and Forums out there is that the Astral Pulse showed more of a singular focus, a identity of it's own. Sure we have Sub-Forums here which focus on Metaphysics, Energy work and even the Paranormal, but truthfully I never even considered Astral Projection to be Paranormal. When I first found the Astral Pulse Forum, I went to other Forums as well. Most were focused on the Paranormal. But, they also had a sub forum on Astral Projection. The problem was, hardly ever did anyone post in them, the same way hardly anyone posts in the Metaphysics, Energy Work and Paranormal Forums here on the Astral Pulse. A few of the Forums also focused more on the negative side of things. Negs they call them and people couldn't get enough of that talk. It's still the #1 talked about thing there still today. I personally have never encountered these "Negs" and I have had countless conscious projections.

I enjoy a good Ghost/ET experience or story, but what I really liked was the professional approach the Pulse took. For some reason, I think back to the Close Encounters Movie, whereas all the witnesses are assembled in a room so they can be fed disinformation. The topic on hand was the ET sighting, but then one Country hillbilly gets up and says, "I saw Bigfoot too" and for some reason, there goes all the credibility. That's what people expect from me when I speak of Astral Travel to people I meet at my shows. They are waiting for the "here comes the crazy talk", but they never get it. I share with them briefly that it can be done and the how to's, but rarely do I share my experiences there with them. I do the same thing here, unless I really need to make a point and need to share a story as a example of what could be.

I will say one thing that I don't like though and that's the constant grouping of LDS with OBES and Phasing. Yes you "may" end up at the same place and that is said over and over again, but the Journey there is completely different. I teach people a method of Phasing into the NP "completely consciously aware" the entire time, then I read a reply from them telling me how they attempt my method while falling asleep. Yes, it can lead to a LD, but they miss the point. There is so much you learn about yourself, fear tests, patience, determination, things like that that go out the door when you attempt to have a LD. It makes you stronger. It heightens your awareness to the maximum and then more. Becoming Lucid in the Dream is hard enough as it is. Turning that into a "intended projection" is possible, but you need a lot of mental control to do that as well.

Awaking in full SP and then having to struggle through the Exit symptoms and signposts is nothing like going to sleep and awaking in a LD. The experience is impossible for most people to fathom and for that alone, should never be aligned with a LD. With Phasing, you are shifting from here to there, never losing your conscious awareness. But it takes a lot of mental discipline to consciously shift from here to there. All those lessons, all those experiences are null and void in LDS.

The Astral Pulse here has Dreaming as a Subforum and many people post their LDs there. I have no problem with that. But when I constantly read here that LDs are the exact same as OBEs and Phasing, I will always adamantly disagree with that. Anyone who says that has either #1 never had a actual OBE or Phased before or #2 is so out of touch with it, because they used to experience it, that they lack the memory or should I say "freshness" of that experience to be able to discern any difference.

I am not the only one that feels that way. I have had members recently and through the last couple of years, question me, via PMs, on that too. They have decided to stay "Mum" on this. I haven't. I send people here often to learn now. When I next speak with these people they are under the opinion that all they need to do is learn how to become aware in their Dreams. We need to find a way to "unconfuse"(if that's a word, lol) a process/topic that can get pretty confusing.

I will repeat again, that I do believe LDs occur in a non physical state of awareness. It's just the Journey of getting to that point is nothing like the experience of Phasing or having a full bells and whistles out of body experience.

I wanted to say ones last thing about those other Paranormal sites that focus on Aliens, Demons, Ghosts, etc. and that is that many people will focus on the "negative" of the event. Many of those Forums have become Demon or Zombie central. Fear sells and just like misery loves company, people love it when they find like minded people. Just look at the stats here on the Astral pulse. One of the most viewed threads is based on Masturbation and Incubus/Succubus. I don't think this Forum wants that to happen here too.

That's my say. Whether it counts for anything or not!
33  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Anyone have success despite adhd? on: June 27, 2018, 12:22:20
I'm sure you have experienced what I am describing above where you have to constantly reset the visualization as the mind gets bored with it, it is painstaking and requires so much effort that it creates anxiety and makes projection impossible.
Many people report the same thing and they don't have problems with "Dopamine". They just get bored of staring a darkness. In the beginning, it takes time to acquire a good NP state of consciousness. When I began, it took me an hour to and hour and half before I had any favorable/noticeable results. Sometimes, even 2 hours. But with practice, that has changed. That's a lot of looking into the darkness.

I created my proactive technique so I could keep my mind occupied, while the natural shift took place. There is no direct attempt to shift in my process. My Doorway technique is just setting the stage or passing the time, while the shift occurs. Once it doers, you can get as serious and "Spiritual" as you would like to. I have had people say that my technique was more based on thrill than Spiritualism. My technique leads you to that "Spiritual Doorway", if that is what your intent is. I have found you can just go and continue opening Doorways to new adventures or you could use that time to do some serious research. I use part of my Phase/soak session to work on my Crystal Amplifiers that I create. My newest ones, surprise, surprise, are all focused on amplifying peoples' awareness.
 I believe they bring positivity into people's lives, because that what I "intended" and created them to do. I have received positive feedback from the owners of my pieces that have affirmed that to me as well. I was shown to create them while in a "projection" and am shown new designs on a daily basis. I was no Artist, until about 5 months ago. That's when I came across a NP entity that wished to help me. They knew my goal of changing the World. But I was told you do that one person at a time.
 Here is my a site I use for my pictures. There is no place to comment there. I didn't build these for ego. I always believe it is the message, not the messenger that is important. I have made personal pieces for people, that I was commissioned to do, focused on specific intents as well.
 http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/Lionheart78/story
34  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Anyone have success despite adhd? on: June 27, 2018, 12:04:04
I tried the doorway technique when you first made that post, I liked it but it required a bit too much mental effort for me.
Yes, it does take a mental effort. But that also strengthens your "mental muscles" as well. That's always a good thing.

This technique is really good, just tried it for a couple hours, The disassociation part works better than I imagined, saying 'nothing' kind of lets me let go of the physical focus immediately. I had an eyemask on and was seeing stuff clearly which I might've assumed was from my eyes if I hadn't had the mask. I just got stuck at the sense of movement part as I end up doing that until I get tired and forget what I'm doing. Oh and there's also the perpetual problem of discomfort, doesn't matter if I start comfortable, 20 minutes in something will hurt. Guess I'll keep experimenting with positions.
Mentally saying "nothing" is just a confirmation or affirmation of the current state you are in. You mentally say it as you are changing your focus to the next appendage. The first time I came across that method was while I was attempting a Phase session myself. I watched as a bunch of little Pac Man like characters gobbled my body up, starting with my toes. The next time I attempted to Phase, I was shown my body outlined in white chalk, like some kind of murder scene. Further Phase sessions then pressed the importance of mentally disassociating myself from my body. I have used all kinds of creative ways to do that, like unzipping my "Human suit".

I used to always use a mask while Phasing as well. Then I started Phasing in the bathtub and found I was already comfortable enough as it was. I still sleep with my mask on though. That proves to me that any visuals I experience are of the NP nature.

Even though I created my techniques in steps, you don't always have to do every step like clockwork. You need to learn when to stay on course and when to just go with the flow. There are many times I will be doing a Phase/soak session, whereas I just close my eyes and relax for a few minutes. I then may skip the disassociation and just lose myself in thought. Somewhere along the line I click back to focus on the darkness before my eyes and just "observe" and explore it. Then I may make the simple mental command "forward" just to see how deep I am. Many times, that will kick visuals into play. I may then feel myself being drawn forward into the darkness or something associated with the motion forward may appear. I use Forward, Backwards, Left, Right, Up and Down. Backwards seems to be the most extreme though. That practice also teaches you how to navigate using "thought = action". At that point I am just a point of consciousness, which means there are no limitations.

If your body needs you to adjust, it will overpower your projection experience. But, that only ruins it for you if you think it does. Many times I will shift because of a "pang", but then I will resume my focus. At that point, it's easy to get back into it. If anything, you have to acclimate yourself slowly back to your physical focus again, once you have completed your session.
35  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Anyone have success despite adhd? on: June 27, 2018, 04:14:11
I'm only guessing but I think meditation could result in upregulation as the brain would eventually adapt to the low level of stimulus, however for me, so far meditation has only resulted in my mind coming up with ways to stimulate itself.
There is nothing wrong with your mind being "stimulated". As long as your physical body is relaxed and your focus on it released. There are many mental exercises you could come up with that will help you mentally disassociate yourself from your physical body. Be creative.

Here is a link to some proactive techniques, to keep that monkey mind occupied. The technique I use now is quite a much simpler and honed in, then the one I began with when I started that thread. So, you might want to jump to the last page, after reading the initial post. But it should give you some ideas.
 http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_doorway-t46013.0.html

36  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Prison on: June 26, 2018, 12:47:35
I'm glad yours is resolving. I'll keep an eye on relating dreams and see if there will be any clues.
It has been coming to a end for a while now. Even though it is still an ongoing event, it's hard to consciously finish it up because I am not consciously aware of it every night. Many times it's just bits and pieces. It's like having to redo a puzzle over and over again. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel though.
37  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Nameless' Everything Journal on: June 26, 2018, 12:42:47
I sure hope I'm ready Lumaza. It's one thing to screw up on my own accord but can't bear the thought of screwing up anyone else.
You have been ready for a long time. You just needed a bit of a "confidence" boost".  wink
38  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Nameless' Everything Journal on: June 26, 2018, 07:52:16
Lately I've been encountering lots of kids. I'm entering their dreams, nightmares and fears. It was a bit confusing at first then I realized my job was to help them overcome those fears. I'm telling you that can get pretty dicey.
Nameless, you are being shown that it is now time to step up and become the "Teacher". That usually comes as a result of accepting the duty of a "Invisible Helper". It's a mental decision, but nonetheless, still a decision that only you can make.  cool smiley
39  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Prison on: June 26, 2018, 07:47:59
 Lightbeam, your Prison scenario sounds quite a bit like the beginning of my "Prison Retrieval", that I am still working on. Thankfully it's coming to an end though.

In mine, I was imprisoned for some kind of ridiculous, trivial offense. That's when the "plot" was divulged to me and I had found my next duty. Possibly your experience will become a multi night one as well. Keep aware!   wink
40  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Blessed be! on: June 26, 2018, 07:40:49
 Greetings!

Magick, just as prayer are both forms of focused will and intent. So is Astral Projection. Once you learn to strengthen and hold that focus on one object, subject or destination, you will find that your "target" will be just as real and vivid as it is in this current physical reality here. To do that you need to have patience, practice often and you will persevere.

Check out the many stickies found in the Sub-Forums here. They are the threads in BOLD BLUE LETTERS. They are loaded with all kinds of great info accumulated here through the years.
41  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Anyone have success despite adhd? on: June 26, 2018, 07:32:22
It might just be that temperance is the answer. If one is unable to focus on phasing, is it because of the indulgence in other stimulus in regular life? If one could become sober, one could focus, and then the positive aspects of a dopamine disorder can be harnessed, the motivation to achieve.

Temperance is the answer. But it also the result or "effect" of successful "outings". It is one of the many positives that align themselves to meditation in general.

I have used  wait and see, blank mind techniques and also have used more "proactive" techniques, like the ones  found in my Doorway technique in the stickies. I have found success with both of them. But I enjoy the proactive ways better. They are much more enjoyable.
42  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Will Ayahuasca trigger the ability to have astral/OBE experiences? on: June 25, 2018, 11:53:38
 I have to say, I enjoy your posts quite a bit Baro-san! I have been coming to this Forum here for the last month now, just to see what's going on, hoping that one day we can return the Astral Pulse to what it used to be five years ago. You would have loved it here then. You would have fit in perfectly.

Today the problem seems that we have many here that are out of touch with what the Astral has to offer us. Some of us have bought into what other's have found as truths. I found that once you think you know it all, there is no need to be taught any further, hence the blocks that many people here have. I was blocked too at times in my life. One was when I got a "light spike" from a light sound machine, that led to the onset of Trigeminal Neuralgia. That experience did lead to me experiencing the Dream Yoga. So it wasn't all bad. I stopped taking pills for it and learned to control the TN myself through intent. My other block was due to my better half being diagnosed with terminal cancer. They, whoever "they" are knew that I would use everything in my power to change and fix the problem. But, it wasn't my choice to make, it was hers. She chose to live and has been Cancer free for 2 years now, without medical intervention.

I once questioned why after years I still experience full OBEs from SP. I was told that it was because the "freshness" of the experience helps me help others experience it as well. Occasionally, I still get the full OBE experience with all the bells and whistles. This keeps it fresh for me. It helps me put empathy into my posts to aide others.

I still do a Phase session daily. I have it down to a simple closing of my eyes and "exploring" the darkness that lies ahead. Once in awhile, I will throw a few words or commands, should I say in like mentally thinking forward or backwards. I still enjoy using the 6pt directional focus. If I am tense when I begin, I will simply undergo a quick body detachment exercise.  I haven't really looked deeply into the act of Hypnosis. But I know that things that the techniques that I have discovered, share quite a bit with that "label" as well.  

Is Ayahuasca necessary? No. Can it help? In the right setting, yes. So can learning to meditate.

When I hear someone say they have tried a few techniques, but failed and that now they don't have the time anymore, I can see why they failed. They weren't ready for this in their lives at this moment in time. That's fine. When they are ready, it will happen. The OBE/AP experience can change you life. Many people aren't ready for that right now.

We need to stop putting Lucid Dreaming out there as being the same thing though. Yes, during a LD we are becoming aware in a NP reality, but it is nothing like having a full blown OBE, with all the bells and whistles. Through the years I have read many accounts of people's dreams here. I have also got to learn quite a bit of my own. I have LDs, pretty much nightly now. I am not bragging. This isn't a pump on ego, I am sharing that so people can see that truly is "rewards" and perks that come with the practice of AP/OBEs. I have noticed many of my Dreams are centered around me, as in "egocentric". They may be with friends or Family members, locations I know etc.. But my destinations during a OBE or Phase session are completely different. I am never the "star" of the show. I am always exploring elsewhere.
 I also see people share their Dream here and say that they didn't gain "lucidity" in them. But while reading their words, I can see they are making conscious decisions, so the must have some sense of lucidity.

Why AP/OBEs should never be grouped with LDS, in my opinion, is because the experience of having a full OBE/AP, is completely different and a real eye opener. It is one of the single most fascinating things a person can experience. We say here often, or should I say I say here often that it is important to "passive observe" during one. But you must have a lot of restraint and mental control to be able to do that. That is learned though, through experience.

With a LD, you need to become aware you are having one to start with. You are already immersed in a NP scenario. This is when you can either stay with the scenario at hand, or abort it and change your intent to something new. Once again, that takes a lot of control to do, but it is in no way the same experience that on can get with all the signposts and exit signs of a full blown successful OBE, or conscious Phasing session and being completely aware the entire time throughout the experience.

I sent a friend to this Forum and he came to the conclusion, through reading recent comments here, that all he needs to do is to learn how to Dream and remember them again. He was confused why the Forum was called the Astral Pulse, when everything he was reading was based on Dreaming. I told him that unfortunately this Forum lost it's way and that he needs to go back in look at the stickies that were created here in the past. We talked about Astral Travel and OBEs back then. Very rarely did we speak about LDs. That made sense though. You don't need to teach people how to Dream. They already experience it many times nightly as it is.
43  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Greetings from the Windy City on: June 14, 2018, 12:33:56
Hello friends,

I am a professional personal trainer and amateur historian of philosophy, religion, and science. Recently, I have developed an interest in traditional Chinese medicine, as well as the ancient Greek thoughts on medicine. I'm hoping to share my findings and learn more about your own experiences and thoughts in what I really believe is an underused system of healing.

Thanks,

-YOx
Greetings!  smiley You may want to check out another member here names "Skeptic". He is also from the Windy City and he too is a natural/Holistic Healer.
44  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Re: How can Traditional Chinese Medicine become mainstream? on: June 14, 2018, 12:31:52
What are the problems that are preventing chinese medicine from becoming mainstream? What are some solutions we can take as a community of holistic healers and advocates to improve the situation?
That's an easy to question to answer. The "FDA". If they can't make money off it, it doesn't work.

I am a huge proponent for holistic healing, including Acupuncture. I use it myself.

Good Luck with your endeavors!  smiley It's definitely a upward battle.
45  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Just a General Chat on: April 26, 2018, 06:57:39
  smiley
46  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Just a General Chat on: April 26, 2018, 05:57:30
 Hello Nameless. It's always good to hear from you!  smiley

Believe it or not, many people I talk with now have been experiencing some pretty intense tests in their waking life and their Dreams right now. I too am experiencing a many night adventure, whereas I am attempting to "Retrieve" a Serial Killer.
 Last night when I became consciously aware in my Dream, I found myself in a unfamiliar area. I soon saw that I was witnessing this Serial killers life from the start. He was just a young child, but already has a propensity towards "evil". It started with abuse to insects, then small animals. He looked innocent, but you could just see something in his eyes.
47  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Am I Close? Preventing Eye Movement on: April 26, 2018, 05:28:46
A few times, I have been successful in keeping my eyes still, only to have the excitement of seeing everything clearly shock me out of it. There's such a fine degree of mental control required.
That's why practice is so important. You need to learn to be astute in your experiences. That comes with time.

You are doing great. EV's reply above was spot on, as usual!  cool

There was two ways I learned to stop chasing the scenes with my actual eyes. The first was by turning my eyes upwards when I first began a attempt. The second was by using a mental affirmation that said "By my act of will, I release my focus over my physical body". I then experienced everything as a point of consciousness.

While doing step 2 in my Doorway technique, which is to disassociate myself from my physical body, while enabling my etheric one, I focus on my 3rd eye location. As soon as I do, I feel a actual switch in the eye I am now using. It's the first time in my technique that I actually experience a "shift" in consciousness. It happens each and every time I use that disassociating step as well.
48  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Souly for Retrievals! on: April 26, 2018, 05:14:43
 Thanks for the reply Szaxx!  smiley

Unfortunately, this guy is bad to the bone. I haven't been consciously aware in every nightly episode. But the ones I have show that I am seeing his life from the beginning, starting at his childhood. I think he may have a number of lives whereas he was "bad to the bone" and it is just passing on to this one too.

When I get back to real time, meaning the present, I am going to attempt to teach him to meditate. We will see where that leads him. He is very intelligent. He reminds me of a Hannibal Lecter type of character. He seems as intrigued by me, as I am of him.
49  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: What was this? 3 experiences in 2 consecutive nights. on: April 26, 2018, 05:07:01
 It sounds like you are doing great. That thread, as many others are on this Forum, has some great info.

I find it's easy to say we have handled our fears. We think we did or have, until we are confronted directly by them.

I have had nights when I awoke and didn't want to go back to sleep as well. Fear can be "paralyzing" at times. When I awoke, I tried to rationalize my feelings. Understanding the whys is half the battle. But sometimes even that didn't work. The strangest part of that whole experience was that I didn't remember what had occurred in the dream. All I know was that I was terrified when I awoke and didn't want to go back to sleep at all.

...and yes, I did feel disappointed with myself as well. But that disappointment soon went away, following the next LD that I did recall.
50  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: DNA/Gene Sampling on: April 22, 2018, 12:20:51
All I can say is that when you realize that this physical reality isn't physical... it changes your entire perspective on *EVERYTHING*.
You can definitely say that again!  smiley You are in the same realm still per se, it's just your perception of circumstances and events changes in ways you wouldn't even fathom to think of. Some things that occur and lessons you receive take a while to understand and fully comprehend.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 40