The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 16, 2018, 21:19:07

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 40
76  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: What was this? 3 experiences in 2 consecutive nights. on: March 26, 2018, 12:58:00
, 2) I feel until i gain a rational understanding, I will continue to be incessantly analytical of this subject, which I feel is really impeding any progress to be made. The dominance of the left hemisphere ebbs and flows, and during the ebb, I have made progress, but the flow is much more frequent and consistent. The goal of my practice, and meditation is to subdue the left and right brain and just "be open". But life sure does make it hard..
Please prove me wrong, but I see you are going to have a very difficult time with this practice. What you wrote in the quote above is the same problem the Science Community" in general has with this practice and topic. They want to "analyze" something that doesn't fit our physical parameters.

The best way to approach this and to "subdue the left and right brain" is to "passively observe" all with a "air of curiosity". You can analyze it all later. Don your "Explorer's Hat" for now.

Set the stage, with whatever your chosen technique is and go experience it. Leave all "expectations" behind. Keep a Journal with your results. That will be helpful if or when and you experience a "block".
77  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Dreams & AP attempt - Please help me understand. on: March 26, 2018, 12:42:28
 The one thing I rarely read about people's NP experiences while consciously aware, aka as Phasing is, the need to "walk themselves back" to this physical focus. I find that when you are truly deep in a Focus 12 or let's say a "deep trance" state, that you can't just turn it off instantly. You need to return the way you came. That tells me that it indeed is all about changing frequency waves. If I end a session and just open my eyes, I will either experience vertigo or be completely disoriented for the next ten minutes.

It used to take me 45 minutes to a hour and half to hit that state as well. Nowadays, I can do it in 10 minutes. If a person takes anything away from my "Doorway technique", it's that a disassociation technique immediately followed by a 6 pt directional focus is very powerful in getting to the correct state to be able to experience a natural shift, while completely consciously aware of it the entire time.
 The first step in my technique is basic common sense. It has to do with just relaxing period for a few minutes.

The benefit of daily practice is that you learn what to do "after" the shift has occurred.

Both the disassociation exercise and 6 pt focus have many little hidden benefits.

If you want to experience that for yourself, start simple. Close your eyes and just mentally cycle through the words, backwards, forwards, left, right, up and down. It is also very powerful when to do as the last thing you do when you close your eyes to go to sleep. Just try it, no I won't say "try", I hate that word. Just do it. Make sure you log your results.
 You cycle through them just like you are counting numbers. You can slow the words or speed them up. Do it often daily, many times a day at first,  for the next few weeks. After you get used to it and start to see results, you can use it only at the beginning of a actual session.

There are two ways you can go about consciously Phasing. The first is quieting the mind and just noticing. The second is keeping the mind busy with other things, while the natural shift occurs. I have found ways that take advantage of a active mind. Ways that actual produce spontaneous results. These results are a result of "mental associations", that everyone has.

I used to use Bose noise cancelling headphones as well and never had a problem with them. It could be a "placebo" effect though, lol!  tongue You don't need headphones for Isochronic Tones, like you do with Binaural Beats.
78  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Hypnogogia on: March 22, 2018, 13:45:02
 Hey Serge. I just wanted to tell you that it's been a real "treat" to watch your progress through the years here. You have shown the patience, perseverance and have also put in the practice time needed to achieve what you do. Now you are reaping the rewards for all your effort.  cool
 It's great to witness "evolution"!  smiley
79  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Hypnosis produces paranormal feats on: March 22, 2018, 13:08:26
 For about 10 years straight, the Minnesota State fair had a "Stage Hypnotist" as their final act the last night of the fair. She isn't there anymore, but her shows were incredible. The things she could make people do were amazing. The power of "mental suggestion" is very real and can easily override the rational mind.
80  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Overcoming fear of projection on: March 22, 2018, 13:03:02
 I recently heard a interview on a radio show that was based on "Stephen Hawkin's" recent transition. They talked about consciousness, the physical body and the brain. Some very interesting things were said, that stuck with me. One being that as long the physical body is awake and aware, the brain will do everything in it's power to protect it and keep your awareness solely focused on it or in it. He talked about us being "glued" to our physical body awareness.
 They then used Astral Projection as a example and the gentleman, I can't remember his name, said that so many people fail with "NP awareness', simply because the "brain" won't let go and will create any barrier necessary to avoid any kind of NP awareness events. He then brought up the fact that in extreme situations or some locked on powerful focus, like intense sports, the consciousness can override the brain, but that's rare. He said that the only way you can is to bypass the brain and that that comes through "trance"/meditation, as Baro-san here always says "self hypnosis". I find it also comes by re-wiring the way the brain thinks and reacts. Change your mindset, you change your reality.

I hear so many people here that say they want to be successful in this practice. They just don't realize that they are being blocked by their own brain. Trance neutralizes that block. But to learn how to get deep in trance and remove that block takes "patience" and unfortunately I don't see a lot of that being shown today.

How does the brain block you? Here's a number of ways> http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/exit_symptomssignposts-t46206.0.html
 The "exploding head" sensation is one that really challenges you. Tom Campbell once said something along the lines, "that you need to have the mindset that if this is it and I don't return, so be it". That's pretty extreme, but I find it to be the truth as well.

When I awaken in SP (Sleep Paralysis), I go into observer mode. I see whatever it is that my "brain" wants to throw at me and I stay the course. I don't try to physically exit the body at all. Once the brain has used up all it's tricks, there is nothing left but to "let go".

This makes sense why we can become consciously aware in our Dreams so easy. There is no "body awareness".  The brain isn't necessarily alerted to any "danger".
81  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What position do you phase in? on: March 16, 2018, 13:14:37
 You could Phase standing on your head if you wanted to!  grin

I had the same problems you had and probably even more. At first it was the "saliva" problem, while sitting up. Then came the problem of my eyes feeling like they were opening just as the exit/shift was about to occur. That was followed by bouts of hyperventilation when trying to take back control of my breathing. I had to confront them, handle them, then move on to the next hurdle, lol. Most of all that was due to fear. Even though I wanted to have a conscious exit/Phase into a new realm, I wasn't mentally prepared to at that stage.

The problems I found was I was still too "physically focused". Once I learned to relax, release and let go, I never had to deal with those issues again.

Nowadays, I do my Phase sessions in the bathtub. I find the water to be very relaxing and it helps me completely lose my physical focus. Try practicing "disorientation" from the physical body exercises such as the Phantom wiggle or etheric energy body work. It will consume your focus enough for you to forget your physical body period.
 Any of these techniques will work to help you overcome your problems right now. Basically any of the techniques found here on the Astral Pulse Forum will help. Check out the "Stickies" found in this section of the Forum. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness-b30.0/
  http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/how_exactly_do_you_perform_the_phantom_wiggle_method-t44583.0.html

82  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Re-trying obe4u techniques 2018 on: March 15, 2018, 06:13:43
I think I used this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.northcube.sleepcycle&hl=en_GB

There are many free options out there, probably better apps, search for sleep cycle.
You guys really do underestimate your natural abilities!  undecided If you use technology this way, you are learning to "rely" on "it", the technology, which negates "effort".
83  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Re-trying obe4u techniques 2018 on: March 14, 2018, 13:06:53
Last night I set an alarm for 4.5 to 5 hours after sleep. When the alarm went off I went back to bed and didn't attempt anything. I also had another smartphone and shut if off because of the loud sound.

Any advice?

Thanks.
Each and every one of us have our own "internal clocks". I see you are using affirmations. I wonder some time if people just go through the action of just thinking a quick mental affirmation or if they really put "effort" into it. There is a difference. Just saying mentally saying without feeling, is going to have you go back to sleep no matter what clock is used to awaken you. Thinking and focusing on it with real meaning, purpose and emotion will have you staying awake.
 When I use a affirmation, I visualize the letters in the chosen affirmation as well. I spend a bit more time on my chosen focus, then just going through the motions. I notice there is a big difference between going through the motions of just saying "I will be aware in my Dreams" and really "believing it" and putting a charge into it.
84  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Projection exit advice on: March 11, 2018, 09:59:47
Ive had vibrations for decades and have recently become aware of their AP aspect. My biggest issue thus far is my girlfriend moves thru out the night interuppting my vibes. My vibes happen with “shifts” that start singularly then get closer and closer together until full blown vibrations. The shifts seem to be the edge of awake and rem sleep. It feels like my head swells momentarily which i can easily relax and turn into vibes. Anyway-i continue to have a difficult time exiting. I have easily rolled out before but many times my body will mostly come out but my cheek or whatever will still be glued to the physical. The past week ive been simply trying to “sit up” and that seems promising. Im starting to learn that if i first get my head out the body easily follows. Although i do remember my brief AP forrays my memory seems skewed as if dream memory. I need to engrain in my mind to remember the experience somehow. If anyone has vibrations with an excellent projection technique i would much appreciate it. Thank you.
In the last years I have become very aware of each and every part of my spontaneous OBEs. I have even slowed the process down, while it is occurring, so I could study each symptom better.
 It starts with awaking ultra aware/ I can hear the gentle "whirring" of the "Astral winds" and feel a very subtle pulse in my body. The sound soon gets louder and the pitch is changing as well. The body buzz is now running up and down my body as pulses of energy. The "exit" takes place shortly after the Astral winds and body pulses become a constant. When they apex and merge as one. It's really hard to explain because I have never felt this while in my conscious physical body awakened state.

I have never attempted to climb out of my body when this happens though. I just see it through and am either pulled out by my ankles/legs, dragged down my hallway and out my patio window or I just find myself out and I am looking at my sleeping body.

There is about a 2-5 minute delay after the full climax of the sound and pulses occurs. During that delay, there is nothing. No body feeling, no vibrations, no sound. I just "am".

So my advise to you would be to see it through. Passively observe it all the way. But don't question it. There will be plenty of time to do that after the fact. You are now in a zone where "thought = action" instantly. So be careful of your thoughts here. You are perfectly safe and can turn it all "off" with just a thought as well. Now is the time to "don" your "Explorer Hat" and go explore.
85  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Does anyone had constant success with phasing? on: March 11, 2018, 09:45:22
That is an intriguing thought LovelyMusic! I think I am following what you are saying.

In Theosophy, for instance, the Etheric body is not technically recognized as its own Energy body, but rather a close adjunct to the Physical body. As you point out, this close interface with the Physical may be the reason for the RTZ anomalies that appear- as the Physical is created, the Etheric 'filter' is possibly catching some of these elements 'out of order', so to speak? It is a form of perceptual distortion. This seems to be an issue particular to the Etheric/RTZ.
This whole conversation here is "intriguing".

Lately I have been running into what seems to be the same "distortion field" over and over at again. It occurs once I have hit a new "level" of focus. It always follows a lengthy period of me just being aware in the 3D darkness. I feel that to bypass this "distortion field" and access what lies beyond this DS, that I need to access a different frequency, that at the moment is unfamiliar to me.

From reading many of the posts here in the past years from new members especially I see that their first "sneak peek" of the NP, came to them as the result of a spontaneous OBE. They then found themselves in the RTZ. But it wasn't a complete duplicate of this of this Earth realm. If they were aware enough, they would see the subtle differences. Because this was their first  experience, they normally lacked the experience to ground themselves there. It was just a brief "in and out".

As a person got more "acclimated" to this practice, their physical focus, exit symptoms, etc. went unnoticed. But once they had on a regular basis accessed this new frequency, they didn't need to continually re acclimate themselves unless they were ready to access the next frequency and so on and so on.

So yes, what you said above makes perfect sense!  cool Keep going!

I feel the only way we are going to find out and get any tangible answers as a whole community/collective is to experience it as a collective. That's why I have been attempting to create programs where we can do just that.
86  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: 3rd eye repetition Good or Bad on: March 10, 2018, 15:03:07
okay ... Let's call it a dog state. I love dogs.  smiley
Agreed!  smiley
87  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: 3rd eye repetition Good or Bad on: March 10, 2018, 11:53:16
To do that you have to open a communication path from your conscious to your subconscious, in other words, to enter a trance state, then give the desired suggestion. There are many methods people use to do it. Some use chemicals, some use rituals, religious or not, some use all kind of other "procedures". Most, maybe all, the non-chemical methods try to induce a hypnotic trance, even if their practitioners don't understand that.
Trance- 1.a half-conscious state characterized by an absence of response to external stimuli, typically as induced by hypnosis or entered by a medium:

Yes, but we normally don't use that word here because it is just another "label" and you know how the folks here at the Astral pulse dislike labels!  grin That's why I prefer a different label "no ordinary states of consciousness". That pretty well wraps it all together into one nice bundle!  smiley
88  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: 3rd eye repetition Good or Bad on: March 08, 2018, 17:42:54
1Repitition is good and there is a high  likelihood of what i put in coming to pass.
What you can perceive, you can conceive. As long as it follows the physical ruleset. Every time we perceive something, we are engaging in an act of receiving or, more properly, an act of conception.

2 that after a certain amount of times my seriousness of what I am after will be tested and that this may /will require a change in my procedures
IMO and from what I have seen, this is the way it works with the practice of Astral Projection.

The one thing I not real clear on is what is meant by a sneak peek.
I call a "sneak peek", that first successful Astral experience that you have. It is normally very short visit, but you get a small sample of what could be. It's normally a very short experience because you are experiencing something for the first time that is completely unfamiliar to you. The shock of it all is enough to jolt you back to your physical focus quite quickly. As time goes by, you learn "self control", how to navigate your new surroundings and also how to lengthen your experience, which is done by "grounding" yourself to the scene you are currently experiencing.

89  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: 3rd eye repetition Good or Bad on: March 08, 2018, 12:29:02
When using ones 3rd eye to visualize a better future does repetiton help or hinder the process?
In essence does the repetiton become meaningless after X number?
Repetition is always good. If you wish your focus to be based more on 3rd eye, it will work. It will lead to your "sneak peek". But further down the line, you will be challenged come up with a new way. I and others have found that you only get so many "byes" before you are challenged to find another way. That challenge is normally a gauge to see how serious you are about this practice in general.
 You will find in time, that what you put into this practice, you will get out of it as well. If you are ready, willing and able to evolve further, "it" is ready to accommodate you.

I used a 3rd eye focus in the beginning that was based on "Throat Breathing" as well. Basically it had you using your in/out breathe raspy as you could make them, while focusing on your 3rd eye and left and right open palm hands, creating a Pyramid of sorts. Using it, I accessed a lot of purple/violent colored spinning portals/vortexes. But just like with everything else, the technique didn't work for me anymore and I needed to think anew. When it did work, it was very powerful. It also taught me the "feeling" of my 3rd eye.
90  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: The Drayton Manifest Technique (My New Method) on: March 08, 2018, 07:31:31
It's the new Wim Hoff obe method!
Well, focus is focus. It doesn't matter what your choice for focus is. I guess pleasure through pain works as well, lol!  grin shocked
91  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: The Drayton Manifest Technique (My New Method) on: March 08, 2018, 04:33:53
Maybe the "risk" is that you project! And dr.
...or "hyperventilation" and a headache. That can also occur when messing around the natural rhythm of your breathing.
92  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Dancing into yourself on: March 07, 2018, 18:31:58
I have been meaning to write a bit about this topic and several others connected at length when I have a big block of time!
I will patiently await this new conversation. I have used that technique quite a bit in the past and still do today. I also use similar things to create personal plans for people. I create their personal plan from the results of their practice, observation and reporting. Mainly things based on automatic mental associations.
 I find it the best way possible to learn to have full control over yourself when there. You can use it to rid pain. It is a fantastic focus target to keep you busy while the shift occurs. By focusing on this "phantom movement", you are completely losing your physical focus.

...and yes, it is very difficult in the beginning to move the etheric body without it effecting your physical body. Just the thought of motion based act is enough to create a physical stimulus.  You need to learn how to turn that muscle/nerve "impulse" off. That comes in time though. One of the benefits of daily practice.
93  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Dancing into yourself on: March 07, 2018, 06:24:38
 If you want to experiment with this further. Sit down/lie down, put your headphones on and do the same dance "etherically", akin to a "phantom wiggle". This will create etheric sensations that you will swear are physical at the time. When you first begin though, you will likely feel real physical twitching of the muscles and nerves that are used in your dance movement. Those will fade as your NP focus strengthens.

Check this thread out for more of "Phantom Wiggling".
 http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/how_exactly_do_you_perform_the_phantom_wiggle_method-t44583.0.html

"One thing I notice is fear of someone walking in on me, seeing me with headphones in, eyes closed, doing horrendous dancing and it compelese me to lock the door. Which is fine, but being exposed is something humans shy from it seems. "
  Using the "etheric dancing" you won't be exposed or bothered by anyone here in the physical, that is.  grin
 To enhance the session further, wear some kind of blindfold to get maximum darkness before your closed eyes. I find the blacker the darkness is, the easier it is to pick up flashing imagery.

94  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Projecting Fast on: March 06, 2018, 12:51:14
My hypothesis is that the primary limiting mechanic is rate of brain wave change, and that is why "priming" works in general.
Bingo!
95  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Astral Sex on: March 05, 2018, 07:10:30
My front door, yeah, one time it was locked and had a whole bunch of white duct tape all around the knob! I still went out though and was chased by a dark shadow thing. I guess that’s when I put two and two together. Lol.
You show a very astute awareness!  cool
96  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Best guide for meditations for adhd? on: March 05, 2018, 07:08:06
I get minor movements if i imagine myself running and such, try and do that once i get a weird sensation like i described?
Yes. The exit symptoms/signposts, show you that there is shift already happening. This is when the motion based focus really helps. Another focus I like doing here is to create a Happy Place. This will also be known as your "launch pad" for now. Get good at visualizing this place. Go there often. Get the lay of the land.

Going through my AP Journals the other day, I came across three things I used to do often when I was new to this practice. One was the use of Binaural Beats and Isochronic Tones. Two was the use of some kind of blindfold. I found this useful because one of my exit symptoms, earlier in my practice, was the constant sensation of my physical eyes opening just as I was about to "exit". I rectified that by using a blindfold. At first I used a towel. Then I switched to cherry pit eye pillow. That was too heavy though. Then I came across the Mindfold, which I used for a couple of years. It got flimsy though, but like I said, it did me well for two years. The next one I bought was the best one though. Good price too. I bought a $20 one from this site here: https://www.dreamessentials.com/category-56/luxury-class-sleep-masks

The third thing I did often was to go to my Happy Place, which after awhile got replaced by the "Training Ground" area I constantly found myself in. My Happy Place is a Island Paradise, akin to the Astral Island photo that you can find here. http://www.astralpulse.com/astralpulseisland.html
 Mine has a Pyramid as well. I went there, still do. I went there so often that I could tell when something was added or missing. Further investigation on the new occurrence would normally lead to a full blown scenario/adventure. That's when you put your "explorer's hat" on and go do some investigating or just hang out on the beach. There were visiting Guides and Mentors/Teachers there as well.

97  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Best guide for meditations for adhd? on: March 04, 2018, 05:52:29
I've had darkness closing in, vibrations, warmth in limbs, all sorts of sensations, bubbling in my chest, so many sensations.
That's when it's a good time to begin to set a strong intent and focus on what you wish to achieve in that session. Creative visualization helps here quite a bit. It gets the ball rolling. I like to be proactive in my sessions. Use a focus on your hobbies. I don't say "try" a focus, because the word "try", doesn't show success to me. The word "do" does! Do, seems more positive to me.

Make sure your visualization is based on some form of motion. Then feel that motion. Let it draw you away from your physical focus and completely into the scenario at hand.
98  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Relax - Enjoy - You Will Succeed on: March 03, 2018, 13:48:21
 What should be added to the description in this technique Nameless, is that "relaxing" is important but so is "going with the flow".

The main steps in my Doorway technique are meant to do the same thing, which is to turn the physical "mindset" off.

I find that you can come at this practice in 3 ways. One is experimental. Two is exploratory and the 3rd would be a combination of the two of them.

The experimental process is what I use when I try to develop a new technique. In this, I am normally doing very short visits. Because it is experimental at the time, I want to log my results and not miss anything important. It is basically action/reaction. For every action I attempt I stay aware of it's reaction. That means that I still have to somewhat hold a focus on what my physical body is experiencing. For that reason, I am also experiencing "exit symptoms and signposts.

Then comes the exploratory process. This is when I start a imaginary visual, like tossing the basketball in my hands into the darkness in front of me and I go with the flow. If something occurs that I didn't consciously create, I will follow that new scenario. Example, I toss the ball a few times into the darkness, then the ball comes back to me or a hoop suddenly appears, I hear a voice, etc. I will immediately follow and become part of that scene.

A couple of days ago, I attempted the 4-7-8 process. I was in experimental mode then. I began the focus and found that I didn't care for the part where you need to blow out the air for 8 seconds using your mouth. I maintained the breathe focus, but again tweaked it down to a 4-5-5 breathing. The breathing in and out through the nose was working great. I found that when I was using my mouth for the 8 seconds out, that I was also creating too much of a physical focus, which was counterproductive.
 It didn't take long until the darkness before my eyes was starting to change in depth. I then aborted the session, so I could log my results.

Yesterday, I began with my rendition of the breathing exercise and soon felt movement forward. I knew my physical body was lying from end to end of the tub, so whatever was occurring was "etheric". For some reason, I felt like I was going to be pancaked in the tub, so at the last moment when I felt I was about to hit the end of the tub, I dove under water. Not physically though. The next thing I saw was bubbles and blue flippers in front of me and I was swimming, I guess underwater. I couldn't tell who was in front of me, but I continued to follow them.
 The flippers disappeared and I saw the light above just as I was coming to the top of the water. I looked around and saw there was a land mass there with some of the most unusual awesome looking trees I had ever seen. Next thing I knew I was on the Island just taking in the view. Last night I began to replicate those trees in a new Crystal Amplifier design. This is where a "exploratory" mindset led me. I allowed my curiosity to take me where it wanted to go. At no time did I intend the motion in the bathtub, or the visual of flippers, bubbles, even the land mass itself. I just went with the flow.

In today's session, I began with my Healing modality. Our Granddaughter was hospitalized briefly with the flu last night. It hit fast, like a ton of bricks. Poor little girl. So, I started with a healing, then I moved onto a brief counted breathing focus. Instead of jumping into my next tech, which is my focus on "etheric body" points, starting at the toes and ending at the hair, for some reason, I chose Chakra points instead. One by one, I targeted a Chakra point, beginning at the "Root" Chakra and began trying to sense it. If it felt weak, I attempted to boost it. I did that for awhile and then for some reason went to continue with the breathing tech, but I was already too deep. I put my focus back on my breathing, but I couldn't  feel anything at all, lol. At first it alarmed me. I aborted my session shortly afterwards and realized when I went to abort that once again, I was too deep to even do that. This has happened in the past too, so I knew I had to "slow roll" my way back. Sometimes, when in deep, you kind of feel stuck there. When it first happened a few years back, I was alarmed. I then realized it had to do with brain waves and I needed to slowly acclimate myself back again. I have had times didn't re-acclimate myself back to my physical focus long enough and found I was nauseated and very sluggish for he next 15 minutes or so. Dizzy as well.

I am totally convinced that this practice in general does cause a brainwave frequency change. You can use training wheels like Binaural Beats/Isochronic Tones to do that. But after a while your consistent "brain entrainment" with what you are doing pays off and you get the ability to switch between brain waves quite easily. This is why I say it is important to practice often. Just closing your eyes and simply noticing is great practice. I have had weeks and sometimes months where I can get as far as the 3rd darkness, the Void, and that's it. Then I found out how relaxing and also interesting the Void can be. Like you say, " be".

What I am getting at here is, people don't always have to follow a certain technique every time. They may start out that way, but then you need to put your own "experimental hat" or exploratory hat" on and do your own thing. I change it up all the time. I also have many sessions where I don't get all my Doorway steps in. Somewhere along the way, my path got altered and instead of fighting it or ignoring it, I "go with the flow" of it.

If more people would learn to look at it this way, they would see how relaxing it can be, but also how adventurous it could be as well.

There are 3 steps in my Doorway technique that I find are important to continued success with this practice. The first is "Relax". How you do that is up to you. The second is disassociation from the body, which creates a "non physical mindset". That non physical mindset helps you in so many ways there. I used the example above of the tossing of a basketball. I don't look for the basketball in my hands. If you don't care for basketball, which I found weird because I don't care for the game myself, then throw that Frisbee in your hand into the darkness. Once again, don't look for the Frisbee. Just do the mental motion. Nothing shows, do it again. Just watch out for the pile of broken glass in front of you. If that thought bothered you, you are still in a physical mindset.  wink I would be curious why the glass was there, but I wouldn't worry about stepping on it. I have already released my physical mindset, so I won't be "stepping" on anything.

The next step I find important is the 6pt focus. That creates automatic mental associations and many times leads to some pretty wild adventures. Yes, you are experiencing what seems to be physical tactile sensations. But due to your consistent practice, you know better.
99  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Relax - Enjoy - You Will Succeed on: March 02, 2018, 12:05:06
 Reverse psychology! I like it. You are correct once again Nameless. We could call your technique "Nameless's Do Nothing Technique". I like the sound of that, lol.  grin cool

For some reason the word "Relax" seems to elude people here. So does the word "fun".
100  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: What was this? 3 experiences in 2 consecutive nights. on: March 02, 2018, 11:59:12
Of relevance, I recently learned of what practicing Pagans call "Ridge riding", which sounds essentially like AP, and is often a shared experience (allegedly, of course wink ).
This practice is known by many names. I prefer Dr. Stanislov Grof's names for it, which is "non ordinary states of consciousness". That seems to wrap everything NPR related nicely into that category. Dreaming, Phasing, Remote Viewing, etc. they are all the same thing, using different modes to get there. But, I will say, you will experience different levels of awareness in each of them.
 I have never seen "silver cord" in any of my Phase adventures or OBE outings. I have felt a pull back to my physical body many times, but never have seen this cord people speak of.

It doesn't matter too much to me, I am of the opinion that either view is valid, based on one's experiences. I realize these subjects have been hashed out extensively here before, I just find it interesting, and my ideas change all the time, swing of the pendulum, if you will.
Yes, you are correct. This topic has been repeated many, many, many times here and will continue to be for as long as this Forum is in place.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 40