The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. January 27, 2020, 02:54:35

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: My Attempts at Astral Projection on: May 04, 2009, 21:24:14
I tried to AP at 3:00 AM this morning and I had no luck. I started to get really frustrated (which I know is really bad to do) that I couldn't even get the vibrations any more. After I was done practicing trying to AP I practiced trying to clear my mind for a little while and I was able to clear my mind for about ten seconds every now and then (which gives me a little hope). I was also able to remember my dream from last night (this is the first time I've remembered a dream in a LONG time) and I remember talking about APing in the dream (I guess reading so much about it has imprinted the thought into my mind  cheesy) so I'm wondering if it might be easier to learn how to AP in a dream before I just AP straight from my physical body.

Also, should I be keeping a dream journal?

You know when you run for a long period of time, to the point of exhaustion maybe. The rest of the day you feel entirely fine. Even if you stay awake for 12+ hours. However, when you go to sleep and wake the next day you could be sore all over. Sore to the point that its painful to go up and down stairs or sit up and sit down.

Patience really is a virtue. I continue to learn this the hard way.

Try practicing something else instead of AP in your downtime. If AP is one goal, whats another? Work on an alternate goal after you've made some progress with one and vice versa. This kind of 'workout' works for me.
2  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Kenesis Abilities on: May 04, 2009, 21:16:02
Like I said, study the science behind Tai Chi and Qi Gong. Its interesting stuff and I have personally seen a monk light a ball of paper on fire with his chi/ki.

It's a lot like the spoon bending trick, anyone can do it.
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: My Attempts at Astral Projection on: May 01, 2009, 06:59:49
I tried again tonight with no luck  sad. It seems like I'm getting worse because I know what to expect now so I'm constantly wait for it and my mind wanders and thinks about it. My mind is also trying to trick me because it tries to replicate the vibrations but I know they're not real because when I get the real vibrations my heart beats faster.

Take it easy homes... this excrement takes a lot of energy. I've never been able to go OBE let alone project 2 nights in a row.

Take a break.
4  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Kenesis Abilities on: April 30, 2009, 02:24:39
It's all just...slightly too unbelievable for me.. sorry.

You're not alone. However, there are a lot of empirical evidence and scientific explanations and experiments that back this kind of stuff up. If you're really interested in it, look up the science behind Tai Chi and Qi Gong martial arts.
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Energy loosening on: April 30, 2009, 02:21:22
What do you mean by energy loosening? Whats the goal here?
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Knowing your stuff. on: April 30, 2009, 02:20:25
Be aware that none will work if you can't focus your mind. This alone takes a lot of practice for some people. I highly recommend practicing meditation (if you don't already) before taking on any OBE or projection techniques.
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: meditation, how? on: April 30, 2009, 02:18:58
Zen meditation techniques are what lead me to my major leaps in progression.

I can recommend a book, but there are a lot of websites that explain Zen techniques fairly well.

http://www.amazon.com/Zen-Training-Philosophy-Shambhala-Classics/dp/1590302834/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241054297&sr=1-3
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: effects of energy work on AP? on: April 30, 2009, 02:15:45
Energy work depends highly upon very strong visualization skills. Practicing these skills leads to deeper meditations and focus which in turn aids greatly when the goal is an OBE.
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Pysichic Self Defense on: April 30, 2009, 02:14:34
I believe in magick, but refuse to accept things as black or white, dark or light.

Same goes for good and evil. The point of spiritual progression is to transcend this kind of thinking so neither black or white, dark or light even exist anymore.

All things are but parts of the whole. This includes good and evil.
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: My Attempts at Astral Projection on: April 30, 2009, 02:12:05
Thanks for the advice!!!

It kind of sucks because I really want to tell my dad about APs and how I'm trying to have one (and that I've almost had an OBE) so I wanted to see how his reaction might be so before I told him I told him that I've heard the White House has a psychic defense to keep people that AP (I explained to him what AP was) away from the White House and he said that's BS because people can't leave their bodies  undecided. I guess once I'm able to AP I'll have to figure out how to prove that it's real. I really wish my friends believed in AP because I really want to have someone that I can share my experiences with and maybe they can share their experiences with me.

A famous Occult quote comes to mind....

"Do not cast your pearls before swine."

Be VERY VERY careful about sharing this stuff with other people. They won't be as accepting as you may believe and could ruin these experiences for you.

You attract what you vibe with, so my advice would be to keep to yourself and let people who are interested in these things come to you. It will happen, you will meet people who are interested in the same things you are. Just don't rush it. Let it happen and you'll make much more progress alone.
11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: quick question on: April 29, 2009, 22:09:54
Before you get to the buzzing noises and fluttering eyes imagine your entire body relaxing like one huge heavy blanket, like your face melting, your shoulders slumping from the weight, ect.

Also, if you don't normally meditate your body can become numb and even hurt from sitting/relaxing in an abnormal position.

I'd say find a position thats relaxing for you, but I didn't ever see progress until I picked an asana posture and stuck with it. It hurt at first and I got a lot of cramps, but stretching before and after daily helps a lot and eventually it wasn't a problem anymore.
12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Breathing! on: April 29, 2009, 22:05:46
I'd say focus on the breathing until it becomes automatic or controlled by the subconscious like TL said.

Its different for a lot of people though. I don't often get vibrations, more often noises. However, I don't focus on them. I focus on counting my breaths until I'm just... there. Its hard to explain, but if your mind is focused enough I'd say feel free to shift your awareness to the vibrations.
13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Pysichic Self Defense on: April 29, 2009, 22:00:00
The best psychic defense is to rid yourself of fear. Fear is the attractor and prey to energies that will make you uncomfortable. They can't hurt you, but only prey on your fear.

Conquer your fears and there will be nothing to fear and when there is nothing to fear, there is nothing to defend against.
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: My Attempts at Astral Projection on: April 29, 2009, 21:58:11
Attempt 3:

Last night I started trying to AP at about 10:20 PM and since the breathing thing worked so well the night before I tried that again. I counted to 40 breaths and I strarted to feel the "vibrations" and my heart started beating faster again. Since I knew my heart was going to beat fast I was able to ignore it and focus on the "vibrations" and I was able to move them all throughout my body and I was able to make them a little stronger. After they got stronger I started to feel my bed shaking back and forth but since I knew something weird would probably happen I was able to ignore that too. A few seconds after my bed started to shake the "vibrations" stopped and I stared to feel like I was being pulled from my body. I started to feel lighter so I lifted up my arm to see if I was still in my body and I was but since I lifted up my arm it stopped the process.  sad It seems like I'm getting close to my first AP.

I haven't heard any weird sounds or seen any weird things during the process. The only thing that seemed weird was my bed shaking.

When I feel like I'm being pulled from my body do I focus on that or try and ignore it and focus on something else?

I never understood why people tell others to focus on the vibrations.

The thing is you will experience all those things as you progress from being 'in your body' or 'body-aware' to 'out of body' or 'body-numb'. If you shift your focus during this progress all will come to a halt and the mind will win over the soul.

Keep counting your breaths or focusing on your breathing, thats good advice and what I do every time. Nowadays I am right at about 25 exhalations before I step outside of myself. When the noise starts, keep focusing on your breathing, counting your breaths. When the vibrations start, keep focusing on your breathing, counting your breaths.

Its like masturbating, keep stroking the same way until you get there.

You'll know for certain once your OBE, there won't be a doubt in your mind. Like your first orgasm.

Don't try to move your body thinking that you'll move your astral body, you will move your real body and ruin the whole experience. The first time you go OBE focus on your astral body, become familiar with it. Its all seeing, hearing, and feeling with the minds eye. Something unexplainable until you experience it for yourself. Once your familiar with your astral body/soul/whatever you can begin to explore.
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Is this how it's supposed to feel? on: April 29, 2009, 21:46:13
Ya, that sounds like you're making progress.

Its a little scary at first, but think of it like your mind reminding you to come back down into your body when you're done. Nothing can harm you while your projecting or out of body so there really isn't much to be afraid of. Your mind just doesn't like being without its soul so it can be a little uncomfortable at first.

Don't freak out, relax, and just go with the flow.
16  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Kenesis Abilities on: April 29, 2009, 20:43:05
You mean something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzXLkfF01w4

This guy isn't even that powerful. I've seen real monks light balls of paper on fire.
17  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Re: The Essentials on: April 29, 2009, 20:00:23
...and Spare stated

I have yet to meet a man who wasn't already a god.
18  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Re: Theme Choice on: January 09, 2009, 17:03:40
Support?

lmao

Sorry, don't take this the wrong way, but if you're dependent upon support for your own webapp than this place *is* lucky to be alive.
19  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Re: Theme Choice on: January 09, 2009, 05:34:55
Oh, ya.... that logo doesn't even match the forum theme.

Whatever, take it or leave it. I care not.
20  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Theme Choice on: January 08, 2009, 06:37:54
I'm a willing user who wants a choice.

Not everyone can appreciate the light blue equally.
21  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Question about Clairaudience on: January 08, 2009, 06:36:03
Could be either or.

Would take some experimentation on your part to find out.
22  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / Apprehend God! on: January 08, 2009, 06:33:43
 If then you do not make yourself equal to God, you cannot
apprehend God; for like is known by like. Leap clear of all that is
corporeal, and make yourself grown to a like expanse with that
greatness which is beyond all measure; rise above all time and
become eternal; then you will apprehend God. Think that for you
too nothing is impossible; deem that you too are immortal, and
that you are able to grasp all things in your thought, to know every
craft and science; find your home in the haunts of every living
creature; make yourself higher than all heights and lower than all
depths; bring together in yourself all opposites of quality, heat
and cold, dryness and fluidity; think that you are everywhere at
once, on land, at sea, in heaven; think that you are not yet
begotten, that you are in the womb, that you are young, that you are
old, that you have died, that you are in the world beyond the grave;
grasp in your thought all of this at once, all times and places, all
substances and qualities and magnitudes together; then you can
apprehend God. But if you shut up your soul in your body, and
abase yourself, and say "I know nothing, I can do nothing; I
am afraid of earth and sea, I cannot mount to heaven; I know
not what I was, nor what I shall be," then what have you to do
with God?

--- Hermes Trismegistus ---
23  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / Re: What is God? on: January 08, 2009, 06:33:08
Alan

Do some research on Jungian Archetypes.

That seems to be where I found all my answers.
24  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Re: The Essentials on: January 08, 2009, 06:30:34
Study the likes of Crowley, and Spare.

Do research on the theories and histories behind the popular techniques.

25  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Magari Enters on: January 08, 2009, 05:55:28
Hello all.

I come to learn what I can and add what is necessary.

That is all I suppose.
Pages: [1]