The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. August 21, 2019, 15:23:46

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
1  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / The Neurochemistry of Mind Manifesting Experiences on: July 19, 2003, 00:21:16
recommended:

http://www.sci-con.org/editorials/20030603.html

Mirador
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Inca - skull trepanation - OBE on: July 04, 2003, 12:52:54
Skull trepanation, or the surgical boring or cutting of parts of the skull, has been practiced since the Neolithic. The Incas of South America were very adept at it. It has been speculated that the porpose of this procedure was to promote psychic or extrasensory abilities.
I was wondering if any Astral Pulsars have explored this avenue. Anyone willing to try it?  Volunteers?

Angel Romero
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Inca - Seven-Bit Binary Code on: July 03, 2003, 22:01:31
Inca Written Language Hidden in Code?
By Rossella Lorenzi, Discovery News

An Inca Khipu
July 1, 2003 — The Inca invented a seven-bit binary code to store information more than 500 years before the invention of the computer, according to the latest research into this still mysterious ancient population.
Begun in the Andean highlands in about 1200, the Inca ruled the largest empire on Earth by the time their last emperor, Atahualpa, was garroted by Spanish conquistadors in 1533.
But the voice of the Inca has never been heard; it has long been considered the only major Bronze Age civilization without a written language.
Gary Urton, professor of Precolumbian studies at Harvard University, is now challenging that assumption in a new book, "Signs of the Inka Khipu" (University of Texas Press).
According to Urton, this ancient population had a written language disguised in the form of elaborated knotted strings known as khipu.
Derived from the Quechua word khipu, or "knot," these decorative objects consist of one main cord to which are attached several pendant strings. These, which can carry subsidiary or tertiary strings, bear clusters of knots.
Already in 1923, science historian L. Leland Locke proved that the khipu were more than decorative; they were a sort of textile abacus, their knots used to store calculations.
But Locke's rules decoded only a small percentage of the existing 600 khipu that survived the Spanish destruction, failing to take into account even one-half of the total information encoded in them, Urton said.
"The most convincing evidence for this three-dimensional writing system is the khipu. Their complexity would have been unnecessary if they were just mnemonic devices understood only by their makers," Urton told Discovery News.
In his book, Urton has for the first time systematically analyzed the khipu's essential elements. It emerged that there are seven points in making a khipu, where the maker chooses between two possibilities.
The binary choices include the type of material (cotton or wool), the spin and ply direction of the string, the direction (forward or reversed) of the knot, and so on. A strict seven-bit code would produce 128 permutations (two to the power of seven). But Urton calculated that there were 24 possible colors that could be used in khipu making.
Thus the khipu code can store 1,536 units of information (two to the power of six, multiplied by 24), comparable to the 1000 to 1500 Sumerian cuneiform symbols and more than twice the Egyptian and Maya hieroglyphic signs.
A definitive way to crack the intractable code would be the discovery of what Urton calls a Rosetta khipu, something similar to the deciphering of Egyptian hieroglyphics from the Rosetta stone.
"We have a sizeable number of khipu and we have about a dozen documents that are written up from the khipu. What we don't have yet is a match between a document and a khipu," said Urton.
While searching, Urton is attacking the khipu code with 21st-century technology, creating a database packed with any possible data on each khipu: length of the main string, number of pendants, details on the knots, spin, ply of each string, and so on, in order to search for common patterns.
"Just ten days ago, I discovered three khipu that share part of the information. This is a pretty strong evidence that they were not made by single people. On the contrary, there was a shared code," he said.
"It is an interesting study. Certainly, khipu were much more than mnemonic devices," Laura Laurencich Minelli, professor of Precolumbian studies at Bologna University and author of several books on the Inca and the khipu, told Discovery News.
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / humble pie / tolerance cake on: July 01, 2003, 20:05:51
I was wondering if an extra helping of each could be of any help while on OBE

Mirador
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Psychic Dog on: June 25, 2003, 21:05:54
A friend in England sent me the following, I wanted to share it with my fellow Astrapulsers.

Mirador

It's common practice in England to ring a telephone by sending extra voltage across one side of the two wire circuit and ground (earth in England). When the subscriber answers the phone, it switches to the two wire circuit for the conversation. This method allows two parties on the same line to be signalled without disturbing each other.

An elderly lady with several pets called to say that her telephone failed to ring when her friends called; and that on the few occasions when it did ring her dog always barked first. The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this psychic dog.

He climbed a nearby telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and dialed the subscriber's house. The phone didn't ring. He tried again. The dog barked loudly, followed by a ringing telephone.

Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:

1.  The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground post via an iron chain and collar.

2.  The dog was receiving 90 volts of signalling current.

3.  After several such jolts, the dog would start barking and urinating on the ground.

4.  The wet ground now completed the circuit and the phone would ring.

Which shows you that some problems can be fixed by just tinkling on them. But only temporarily.
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / DARK MATTER on: June 21, 2003, 11:38:39
0.4 percent of the UNIVERSE is luminous matter (stars, planets, and hot gas), and 3.6 percent are nonluminous components (which includes black holes and intergalactic gas).
Astronomers and Astrophysicist are PUZZLED and have no idea about the nature of the remaining 96 PERCENT, which they call dark matter and dark energy.
However, here in ASTRALPULSE it seems most of us don’t have any qualms or doubts about the ASTRAL, and are willing to take any advice and go along and dive into the unknown, out of BLIND FAITH, that nothing BAD can happen so long you’re on GOD’s side.
This is a RELIGIOUS concept, and the use of scientific jargon here is only a ploy to hide this fact.
Be forewarned,
There are QUACKs in ASTRALPULSE that can lead you to doom if you let them.

Mirador
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / HOLIER THAN THOU on: June 20, 2003, 07:01:31
?
8  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Genetic Breakthrough in OBE Research on: June 16, 2003, 09:25:43
Scientists Say They Find Gene That Promotes Inability to OBE; Discovery May Help Treatment
DP
June 16 —
Scientists say they've identified a flawed gene that appears to promote Inability to OBE, a finding that could eventually help guide scientists to new treatments.
A particular variant of the gene was associated with only about 3 percent of cases in a study, but researchers said other variants might be involved with more.
Follow-up research might help reveal the mysterious underlying biology that makes some people susceptible to the disorder, and so help scientists devise new treatments, said the study's senior author, Dr. John Kloe of the University of Califjord, San Marino.
The work is reported in Monday's issue of the Journal of Molecular Metaphysics.
Previous studies have suggested that other genes are involved in inability to OBE. But one expert, Dr. Malvo MacIisen of Johns Perkins University in Biltmore, said in an interview that he thinks Kloe 's new work and another recent study provide the strongest evidence for involvement of particular genes in the disorder.
Inability to OBE, which affects about 2.3 million American adults, involves episodes of desperation and despair, states of abnormally high mood or irritability.
While effective treatment is available, scientists would like to find better medications….
http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Living/ap20030616_231.html
Mirador
9  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Genetic Breakthrough in OBE Research on: June 16, 2003, 09:21:52
Scientists Say They Find Gene That Promotes Inability to OBE; Discovery May Help Treatment
DP
June 16 —
Scientists say they've identified a flawed gene that appears to promote Inability to OBE, a finding that could eventually help guide scientists to new treatments.
A particular variant of the gene was associated with only about 3 percent of cases in a study, but researchers said other variants might be involved with more.
Follow-up research might help reveal the mysterious underlying biology that makes some people susceptible to the disorder, and so help scientists devise new treatments, said the study's senior author, Dr. John Kloe of the University of Califjord, San Marino.
The work is reported in Monday's issue of the Journal of Molecular Metaphysics.
Previous studies have suggested that other genes are involved in inability to OBE. But one expert, Dr. Malvo MacIisen of Johns Perkins University in Biltmore, said in an interview that he thinks Kloe 's new work and another recent study provide the strongest evidence for involvement of particular genes in the disorder.
Inability to OBE, which affects about 2.3 million American adults, involves episodes of desperation and despair, states of abnormally high mood or irritability.
While effective treatment is available, scientists would like to find better medications….
http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Living/ap20030616_231.html
Mirador
10  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / APOCALYPSE - LETHAL KNOWLEDGE on: June 09, 2003, 12:13:13
I READ THE FOLLOWING IN THE NEWS TODAY, AND I'M VERY ALARMED. I WONDER WHAT TECHNIQUE WE CAN USE TO AVOID THIS?

Mirador

British Scientist Puts Odds for Apocalypse at 50-50
Mon June 9, 2003 08:56 AM ET
By Deena Beasley
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - This is the way the world might end: A genetically engineered pathogen is released, debris from an erupting "supervolcano" blocks the sun or scientists in the biggest "bioerror" of them all accidentally trigger a matter-squeezing "big bang."

The demise of civilization has been predicted since it began, but the odds of keeping Planet Earth alive and well are getting worse amid a breakneck pace of scientific advances, according to Martin Rees, Britain's honorary astronomer royal.

Rees calculates that the odds of an apocalyptic disaster striking Earth have risen to about 50 percent from 20 percent a hundred years ago.

The 60-year-old scientist, author of the recently published "Our Final Hour," says science is advancing in a far more unpredictable and potentially dangerous pattern than ever before.

He lists as mankind's biggest threats: nuclear terrorism, deadly engineered viruses, rogue machines and genetic engineering that could alter human character. All of those could result from innocent error or the action of a single malevolent individual.

By 2020, an instance of bioterror or bioerror will have killed a million people, Rees contends.

"There is a growing gap between doors that are open and doors that should be open," Rees, a professor at Britain's Cambridge University, said in a recent interview.

The cosmologist concedes that natural disasters have always loomed -- so-called supervolanoes could explode at any time and asteroids could slam into the planet, causing massive climate changes -- but says the most frightening risks are probably man-made.

"A hundred years ago, the nuclear threat wasn't even predicted ... but that threat still hasn't gone away," he said.

The arms race, after all, was fueled by science, and the field has a responsibility to inform a wide public of the risks in deciding how to apply scientific breakthroughs, he added.

BIOTECHNOLOGY COULD CHANGE HUMAN NATURE

"For the first time ever, human nature itself isn't fixed. Biotech drugs and genetic engineering are empowering individuals more than ever before," Rees said.

With rapidly advancing DNA technology, "even a single person could cause a disaster," Rees warned, noting that the United States, after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and anthrax scare, is well aware of this threat.

Thousands of people have the ability to engineer viruses and bacteria to cause deadly plagues. Even if one such "weirdo" didn't kill many people, that type of biological terrorism would profoundly change daily life, the scientist warned.

Nanotechnology -- the subject of a recent Michael Crichton thriller about the havoc caused by runaway microscopic machines -- are also a potent threat, he said.

If the field advances far enough, rogue self-replicating nanotechnology machines -- feeding on organic material and spreading like pollen -- could devastate a continent within a few days, Rees said.

The dangers of global warming are also addressed in the book, subtitled "A scientist's warning: How terror, error, and environmental disaster threaten humankind's future in this century -- on Earth and beyond."

Rees does not discount the possibility of disaster caused by scientific experiments involving particle accelerators. "Perhaps a back hole could form, and then suck in everything around it," he cautions.

So what's to be done?

The British scientist calls for better regulation and inspection of sensitive data and experiments.

"We need to keep track of those who have potentially lethal knowledge," Rees said.

He also suggested better efforts to "reduce the number of people who feel excluded or otherwise motivated to cause harm."
11  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / It's killing the goats, what is it? on: June 06, 2003, 20:03:52
I posted this today in another section, I would like to get some feedback to understand this experience.

I am very glad to have read your post, and hope you can help me explain a particular situation. Here, in the southern foothills of the island of Hispaniola, there's an 'entity' which my 'collegues' believe is a 'supernatural' being, but I suspect it's a predatory animal with well honed psychic skills. Stories abound, people are very frightened and believe is the 'work' of the 'devil', and that certain 'sorcerers' have these beings at their service. This being makes its appearance during Lent, and very rarely attacks people. It seeks out mostly goats, kills them, drains their blood, but would not eat them. Other animals would not get near the dead carcasses. The goats don't scream, so it appears the being must mesmerize them. Here, goats and sheep are left to feed and roam in the open. A couple of seasons ago, over one hundred goats and sheep were killed over night, and the next day the Colonel (police chief) with a truck load of soldiers stopped by my compound after scouring the hills in search of the culprit. They killed all the dogs in sight. I know some locals gossip about I having something to do with it, so I offered to pay for all the dead goats, but no one will take my money. Now I realize I made a mistake, and a lot of folks are afraid of me.
I've had encounters with this being, but the most significant is the following.
I was asleep in the small thatched hut, along with my wife and infant son. In the larger hut within the stockade compound was sleeping a young male relative who was visiting form the previous day.
Around midnight my wife and I woke up from what could be described as having a 'nightmare' and at the precise moment our infant son woke up crying. Since I live in a remote area with no immediate neighbors I keep a measure of security devices including a radar system that covers most of the area within the stockade. My wife got up to hold of our young son and confort him back to sleep, but I stepped out the door and as soon as I went outside one of the radar alarms went off. I sneaked around the back of the hut to peak toward the area covered by the alarm. I would like to mention that there's no possible way human or animal can get within the compound unless they jump over the stockade (made of small diameter tree trunks about ten feet tall). In the space between the outdoor hut used for cooking and the large hut was a black formless blob. A bare low watt bulb about fifteen feet away was the only illumination. After a few minutes of staring at the blob something started to unwind from the top of it until it took the shape of the eyeless head of a black doberman dog. The black mass was too big for the size of the head to be a dog, and when I focused on the mass of the blob, I noticed that it had parallel stripes, like a watermellon, like a wild african boar. All of a sudden the blob stood up and I was very happy since I was sure I could tell what animal it was from it's legs. Then it suddenly started to move away from me, toward the back of the large hut. But I could not see the legs! It was moving and somehow what were supposed to be legs seemed to intertwine and crisscross in a movement to hard to explain, but which gave the impression of the slither of a snake. As soon as I lost it in the back of the large hut I walked back to the opposite end of the small hut to tell my wife of the experience, and when I crossed the corner, I saw it again, at the far end of the ramada that connects both huts. And at the moment it saw me, the eyeless black doberman head, and the head started a counterclock movement which took on the whole body, and dissapeared! However I was left with the impression that it was trying to fool me into believing it had retreated toward the stockade. At the moment it dissapeared the TV inside the large hut started blasting at full volume.
In the morning, I asked the visiting young relative if he has turned on the TV on around midnight, he said no, that the sound of the TV had woken him and he got out of bed to turn it off. Also that he had heard some strange scratching noises in the window and he got so scared that he covered his head with a blanket and fell asleep.

Mirador
12  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / ...bones about it on: April 28, 2003, 23:37:15
I've never mentioned this before, not even to my therapist (never had any wink, and it has to do with memories, my earliest memories, as an infant. I remember sharing my crib with bones, human bones. I remember my grandmother, as she ran back and forth chasing bats with a broom, she smelled of death, and she was dying. Before my second birthday the crib was taken for my newborn and only sister. From then on I slept in the attic with my older brothers, and I kept hearing the stomping and the pounding of my deceased grandmother chasing the bats away. What I can't fathom is how a young infant knows about bones, and why can I remember all this stuff?
13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Death on: April 25, 2004, 20:10:22
Scavanger says:
quote:
There, you will purge yourself of all desire, by being able to have anything you have ever wanted, in abundance.

Plain ol' wishful thinking! and don't bet on it! Your soul will probably be surrounded by a gaggle of astral buzzards, and pecked away until you wont even remember who you were or what you desired. Then you will simmer slowly at 1 zillion degree heat until you have completely dissolved into nothingness.

Mirador
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Sound of 1000 people chattering when in trance on: April 18, 2004, 23:50:30
Cube, don't take my word for it, but what you've listened to is the incomprehensible chatter of the dead. I've heard it many times, it's the eeriest of feeling. It usually happens in out-of-the-way backwood places close to streams of waters. Sometimes it's accompanied by a white mist or haze that threads and weaves between the branches until it dissapears in the distance. Whatever you do, please don't listen to it, don't try to understand the chatter, it can carry you to your own demise.

Mirador
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Missing girl on: April 18, 2004, 17:58:48
I'm not good with words, but someone said it more eloquently,

'One missing girl is a great tragedy, 100.000 missing girls? only a statistic'

Mirador

Let's roll!!!  

http://www.letsroll911.org/
16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Missing girl on: April 17, 2004, 21:32:10
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Midwest/04/17/missing.student/index.html

CNN) -- The body of missing college student Dru Sjodin was found around noon Saturday, Donald Osborne, the mayor of Crookston, Minnesota, told CNN.

The body was found just west of Crookston, near the Minakwa Country Club golf course, he said.

Sjodin, 22, disappeared November 22 after leaving her job at a Victoria's Secret shop in a Grand Forks, North Dakota, mall.

Now about 97,297 more active missing person cases to go, (that's just in the United States)

Have we all noticed how the media manipulates us into a false sense of confort and closure?

Lets roll!!!     http://www.letsroll911.org/

Mirador
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Missing girl on: April 11, 2004, 20:59:30
As of March 31, 2003 there were 97,297 active missing person cases in the United States. Of those missing, approximately 54,184 are juveniles and nearly 43,113 were reports of individuals eighteen and older.

In 2001, 840,279 missing persons (adults and children) were reported to the police and entered into the FBI's National Crime Information Center (NCIC). This represents the smallest number of missing persons reports since 1992 (801,358).

The FBI estimates that 85-90% of missing persons are juveniles.  In approximately 725,000 cases (or 2,000 per day) the disappearance of a child/adult was serious enough that
a parent called the police, the police took a report and
entered the report into the NCIC.

http://fomlo.homestead.com/statistics.html
18  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Sufism (Moderated Discussion) on: April 02, 2004, 21:05:37
quote:
Can you share more info on the Naqshbandi order ?

Many years ago, while rummaging in an old dusty bookstore, in the back of a quaint esoteric bookstore in downtown Caracas, I bumped into a yellowing paperback copy of Idries Shaw's, The Exploits of the Incomparable Mulla Nasrudin. Much later, at home, after reading half way through the book, I came upon a small cardboard presentation card with the legend 'Are you interested in knowing more about sufism?, if your answer is afirmative, please call the following phone number xxxxxx' printed on it. I called immediately, and a very kind man responded thoroughly to all my questions. I told him I would very much like to join his group, and he told me he would call me on a later date to arrange a meeting...
What happened afterwards, the meeting, and throughout my membership with the group that called itself 'the Naqshbandi order of Sufism' has been one of the most uncanny things that's ever happened to me, and has created in me a deep mistrust of 'religious' groups.

Mirador
19  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / If you support Gay and Lesbian Rights, Read this! on: April 01, 2004, 13:24:29
Ok, so we allow gays and lesbians to marry. Then why not allow multimarriages, like polygamy, or close kin marriages, like dads with daughters or brothers with sisters? Aren't we starting here a slippery slope cascade of possibilities that will transform society?  Will it work? will it be a better society for all? and what about those who hold the belief in the sacredness of the tradicional family, that a child should have a male father and a female mother? Will they accept the change? Will they fight back? Are we ready for the backlash, are we willing to fight? Remember, the Civil War was fought for a less passionate ideological difference than this. And all to redress a misconceived sexual prejudice!

Mirador
20  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / If you support Gay and Lesbian Rights, Read this! on: March 31, 2004, 13:10:39
quote:

What gays and lesbians are asking for , is for genitals to NOT be an issue when two people want to marry.
quote:

Visionquest,  that's exactly the issue I was trying to point out. Sexual orientation and marriage are two different things. Marriage is a social institution established for the procreation of children, and for that you need a man and a woman. The terms 'gay' and 'lesbian' are arbitrary and don't even come close de define the infinite variety of human sexual experience and orientation (you just can't imagine what people would come up with to satisfy their sexuality urges [Wink], and you don't need marriage for this. There is no such thing as a 'gay' and 'lesbian' minority, like a religion or ethnic group. There is no problem for two, or three or more men, or woman for that matter, to live together, and satisfy their sexuality how they please. Just as there should be no law to prevent a man and his donkey from 'cohabitating' as they please [Wink]

Mirador
21  Healing / Welcome to the Healing place! / I can't feel on: March 31, 2004, 12:54:42
Thanks XenXheng, thank you for your help. By the way, don't you feel just a little more better now? And thanks for your list of 'key components for healing'...  I would suggest you add another component: by helping another person to heal, you also heal yourself.

Thanks again, XenXheng

Mirador
22  Healing / Welcome to the Healing place! / I can't feel on: March 31, 2004, 00:19:08
XenXheng, I don't think I can be of any help to you, I wish I could. I'm not sure any of my words can help. I've just read some member's posts, and wonder if any of it is of help to you. Please tell me what in the posts has been of help to you, maybe it could be of help to me too!

Mirador
23  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / If you support Gay and Lesbian Rights, Read this! on: March 30, 2004, 22:34:02
An innocent bystander has just asked me, how many different human sexual practices are there in the world?, and should we consider each specific practitioner a member of a bonafide minority group with special rights to be recovered?  Here in the mountains of the Island of Hispaniola, I know of a few men who would rather 'cohabitate' with a donkey than with a woman. Should we allow 'marriage' between' man and donkey?  should we just tolerate it?  should we condemn it?  What's the issue here!!!

Mirador
24  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / o dogs and babys on: February 28, 2004, 21:48:45
Hi Smooth, I loved your posting 'of dogs and babies', and the fact that after almost 30 hits nobody has replied to your question. You are obviously assuming that we all are as perceptive and curious as you. But we are not, and specially me, one of the old preprogramed Cyborg models. However, your question brought back memories of watching my two year old daughter Angela. She would approach and hold by the neck the most ferocious of dogs, even cats. She would approach the animals and before laying eyes on them, the animals would slink and laydown whimpering. She's nine now, and I sometimes use her gift to help ease the pain of those who seek my help.

Dont loose your curiosity, and stay on your own path.

Good luck!

Mirador

25  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Will O the Wisp.......anyone seen one? on: January 06, 2004, 00:00:14
Goodness, gracious - balls of fire over Spain

January 6, 2004

Hundreds of Spaniards have reported seeing balls of fire or incandescent objects fall from the sky, emergency centres said.

Some of the objects are believed to have sparked fires. The phenomenon was reported on a stretch reaching from Galicia in the north-west to the Balearic Islands in the east.

No injuries were reported.

In northern Leon province, residents reported seeing a ball of fire light up the sky and explode in a mountainous area, igniting a fire and shaking house windows.

A similar explosion was heard near Palencia in the north.

Firefighters extinguished a blaze behind a roadside discotheque in the Castellon area.

Rescuers searched for the wreckage of airplanes or unusual rocks in several places, but found no clues.

The National Meteorological Institute said that its radars and satellite images showed nothing abnormal.

Aviation authorities said they had no knowledge of any plane crash.

Astronomers at the University of Santiago de Compostela said they suspected a meteorite.

Astronomer Jose Angel Docobo said he suspected a meteorite weighing from 50 to 100 tonnes, which would have disintegrated on entering the atmosphere.

He said the flying objects could also be parts of a rocket or satellite, but deemed that less likely.

DPA

This story was found at: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/01/05/1073267971546.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10