The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 15, 2020, 02:39:44

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Multiple Points of Consciousness/ Unable to reenter body on: August 22, 2011, 17:47:20
Well, this sure is a lot of information.  Thanks, guys.  I think this thing us under control.  I got a lot of different perspectives (spoke with about eight people).  The "experts" on this situation gave me a few items, and covered a broad "spectrum", if you will, of religions.  Banishing candle (the guy who made it said that what he used in it to get rid of this thing was equivalent to using five pounds of C4 to blow up a toy car), concave mirror, crystals from the dead sea, cleansing herbs, lapis stone, dream catcher, rosary, crucifix, holy water, bible... it was like christmas.  I managed to confirm with about four people that it was indeed a negative entity.  One of them actually spoke with it and got a much different reaction from when my more novice friend did.  He claimed that it nearly ticked itself in fear (the time he told me when he spoke to it coincided very closely to when I saw this thing last in my room and suddenly it was gone and there was actually peace in the house).
Most of my anxiety issues have actually cleared up since all these measures were put into place (and I've had anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder, depression, flashbacks, you name it for nearly three years now).  I do see a psychiatrist and psychologist fairly regularly.  No, I don't have any schizophrenic conditions or anything severe like that.
I was all up for AP'ing and going after this thing with an M240 Bravo, or a Browning M2 but they recommended trying milder measures first.  Lol.  Granted, they said that if this didn't work, then it would have to be handled astrally.  But so far, so good.  Two nights in a row that this thing hasn't bothered me, and two days without medication and still no anxiety, flashbacks, or depression.  (And I was on a good amount of anti-anxiety meds, too.)
Anyway, I appreciate all the information given.  I'm trying to take everything I see/hear into consideration on how to continue to handle this or deal with it if it comes back.
MjolnirKnight
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Multiple Points of Consciousness/ Unable to reenter body on: August 20, 2011, 21:12:46
Hello, fellow AP'ers.  It's been awhile since I've dabbled in AP, and have recently attempted to again.  This post may be a little long, but I'm really concerned and someone taking the time to read it would be greatly appreciated.
I've managed a full conscious exit only a handful of times in my life.  Most of my experiences have been from lucid dreams.  These conscious exits were years ago and since then, I had quit practicing from lack of results and from a few scary experiences that I think are related to what is going on now.  There was a demon that appeared shortly after my first successful projection.  It took months for me to see it.  At first, he would walk around downstairs.  Open and shut cabinet doors.  Turn the television on.  It is only me, my mother, and my dog in the house and I am 100% positive that this was not an intruder (the first few times I heard footsteps, I grabbed my .45 and checked the house) or her or the dog because every time I looked, both her and the dog were in her room with the door closed.  I was terrified to continue to project, that I might see this demon completely unveiled in the spiritual realm.  I finally saw it appear at the foot of my bed.  It was blacker than black.  Two dimensional, with claws, fangs, and glowing red, lifeless orbs instead of eyes.  It did not speak to me, merely stared at me.  This was all a matter of years ago.
Several months ago, I was smoking (weed) with a friend.  I have anxiety issues and it always seemed to help.  This one time in particular, I managed to black out from full waking consciousness.  I felt separated from my body, like I was slightly ahead of myself, but experiencing both my astral and physical body at the same time, and yet my ability to act would switch rapidly between the two.  I was stuck partly out of my body and yet in my body at the same time.  According to my friends who witnessed this, it appeared that I blacked out repeatedly and went into seizures.  I stumbled around, muttering nonsense.  My eyes would suddenly roll back in my head and I would fall to the ground.  Then get back up and it would happen over again.  This went on for two hours.  During this whole period, it felt as if something was holding me partly outside of my body and I was fighting to regain control.  Everything happened so fast that I don't remember it well but the next thing I knew I was in the emergency room with a concussion, bruised ribs, bruised vertebrae, sprained neck, sprained jaw, various lacerations and contusions.  I thought it was just the weed having a negative effect with my anxiety issues.  I've stayed away from it since.
Which brings me to recently.  Two nights ago, I managed to project (almost) again.  It was the quickest conscious projection I have ever managed (about five minutes).  I managed to get my upper torso and right arm out of my body.  I experienced a split point of consciousness again (one from my physical body, and one from my astral body) and suddenly it felt as if my astral body was being pulled away from the physical.  It was much more powerful than floating out.  I was being dragged out.  I panicked, and tried to reenter my physical body.  I was stuck again.  My upper torso and right arm were outside of my body, and yet I was experiencing both points of view.  I began to have a panic attack when I physically stood up, with my astral body still partly out of my physical, and tried to shake myself around, slapped my face a few times.  It took about a minute this time to "merge" my two points of consciousness. 
My question to anyone who is experienced, do you think that this demon/ shadowman is related to me being unable to merge back with my physical body?  Is something trying to possess me and keep me out of my body?
I have spoken to several demonologists, and they believe that there is an evil entity related to this.  Two of them were practicing energy gathering exercises and he was showing me one where he used my energy to direct it back into my hand so I could experience it.  He got shaky, and backed off and told me to remind him to never touch my energy again.  One of my friends said he was unable to see a distinct color in my aura.  He said it looked more like someone had taken a glass tube and blown a thick, black smoke into it.  This same friend took a picture of me sitting in a chair through the reflection in a glass.  I wasn't sitting in the chair!  He then had another friend sit in the same chair, and took a picture through the reflection in the same window and my friend was able to be seen sitting in the chair.The demonolgist that I spoke to has a daughter who is very highly empathetic.  When I approached him and her, his daughter got extremely edgy and teared up (before I had spoken a word to him) and she ran away.  He later told me that she felt extreme anguish and had a vision of me as a small child in a small room that resembled a bathroom, clinging onto a cabinet and something was trying to drag me away.  She avoided me the whole time I was speaking to him.
Can anyone tell me what is going on?  I'll admit, I'm terrified and this problem is bigger than I am.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Travel to the moon... on: March 27, 2008, 16:01:18
One night I suddenly became lucid in my dream.  I was downtown in my city, almost right next to where I was sleeping in an apartment building.  I suddenly looked up at the (glowing blue?) night sky and decided, "Hey.  Let's go to the moon."  I crouch down and do a cool Neo/Matrix jump and propell myself skyward.  After a few seconds of travel, I was nearly out of the atmosphere.  At this point, something weird happened.  I suddenly became conscious of my physical body, and it was hyperventilating.  As I got higher and higher, I moved slower and slower, and breathed faster and faster.  My vision started to close off, and I could feel myself falling... falling... back into my body.  Does anybody have a clue what caused this?  Was it simply my belief that I can't "suck vaccumme" that screwed me over?

Thanks,
Mjolnir Knight
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: When I was younger... on: March 27, 2008, 15:53:27
Something similar to that happened when I was a child.  When I was little, every night I would get up in the middle of the night to go into my mom's room just because.  I would get up out of bed, begin walking down the hallway, but this is where something strange happened.  Something would swoop down and kill me.  This would happen three to five times before I actually got up.  This would happen every single night.  I am wondering if I was actually APing and my house was haunted, or if I was just dreaming.
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Involuntary vibrations when I was young? on: March 27, 2008, 15:49:07
I remember when I was little, like six or eight years old, and I would be trying to fall asleep, it would feel as if I were getting tossed back and forth rapidly.  It felt as if I were the ball in a game of paddleball.  I wouldn't always "bounce" back and forth in the same plane.  Sometimes it would be front to back, left to right, or up and down.  I always wondered what these were, and I thought they were normal.  I would also be able to see the "3-d blackness" that I have now become accustomed to.  Would what I experienced be involuntary vibrations, or were they just nothing.

Thanks,
Mjolnir Knight
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Premature Excitement on: December 24, 2007, 22:07:55
That's not just your being excited, that's all part of the process of projecting.  That actually means you're getting really close- it's your heart chakra opening up, readying you for projection, basically.  You just have to go with the flow and not worry about it too much.
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Is this part of the OBE experience? on: December 24, 2007, 19:06:37
Yes, that's all normal (unless we're both abnormal).  My very first experience was could be exactly described as yours.  I don't mean to sound mean, but had you have kept your focus and remained calm for just a COUPLE more seconds, you would have had an OBE, cause I projected just a couple seconds after I got to that point.  However, VERY good work for your first try.  Most people don't even get to the vibration stage on their first try.
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: To the next person who's going to astral project... on: December 24, 2007, 19:01:14
Time is the constant, steady, non-linear motion of we three-dimensional beings through the higher fourth dimension, of which we can only see one "slice" of "frame" of at one particular moment.
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Any tips on enganging sleep paralysis? on: December 21, 2007, 23:56:18
I don't have many tips on engaging sleep paralysis, but I can tell you that it works AMAZINGLY well for AP.  In one night, I woke up five times, four of which I had sleep paralysis, and I projected EVERY SINGLE TIME.  Projecting from sleep paralysis was as simple as willing myself out of my body.
The funny thing is, however, that I seem to have sleep paralysis every time that I die in one of my dreams, especially lucid dreams.  For instance, I had a lucid dream that I was in my own town.  Suddenly, I hear an ominous screaming sound and I look up.  The sky is a deep crimson, and there is a huge nuclear bomb falling from between the clouds.  I see my friend, whose house I had been at, and try to yell something to him, but there is no sound.  The bomb hits and detonates, and there is a feeling of intense pain as, well, I am vaporized, and then I immediately wake up into a horrendously deep sleep paralysis.  I didn't take the time to project because I had to get up to go to school (Yeah, I know, it sucks.  It would have been the PERFECT opportunity, cause I had never had a worse case of SP).  Another example.  I had a dream that I was in a graveyard and it suddenly turned lucid.  Freddy Cruger is there (yes, cliche) and he is clicking his razor claws and walking towards me slowly.  I pull out a USP from a holster that I suddenly willed into existence and put ten rounds through Mr. Cruger.  I am stuck with nothing to do, my mind starts wondering, and I think back to a movie I saw.  Thirty or so scientists in white lab coats appear, all holding AK-47's, and they all open fire on me.  I die, wake up seconds later, into SP, and project seconds later.
I guess what I'm trying to say is... commit suicide in dreams.  You'll get SP, hopefully.
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Near OBE in school... on: August 10, 2007, 22:45:22
Sorry for not posting much on this forum or being much of a valuable contribution...  but maybe you all can provide me some answers nonetheless.
I've been having somewhat of a problem lately, and today in school was the third time it happened.
To let you know, I've only TRUELY projected one time, but have had multiple OOBE's, and I remember that one time that I projected on my first try as vividly as if it were yesterday.
I was sitting in English in sixth period and, seeing as it was the third day back to school (and that teacher's first time there of the year, long story) not doing very much.  Just listening her talk to us about rules, the books, how the year would go, yada yada yada.  All of a sudden, I felt my heart starting to beat faster and faster.  At first I thought that I was having a heart attack, but nothing else was happening.  My breathing stayed fairly normal...  Then I started to feel a cool sensation spreading across my face and neck, and I started to feel intense vibrations.  The teacher's voice started to subside, almost as if listening from underwater.  All of these things were things that I experienced in that one waking projection, and countless other tries.  Then, almost as quickly as it started, these symptoms went away, leaving me kinda shaky and physically exhausted.  That is the third time that has happened spontaneously in just a few months.  Once at the movies watching Pirates 3, once just sitting there and watching Deja Vu at my dad's house, and once then in the classroom.  All of them were similar, if not identical, to each other and my one waking astral projection.
What I'm wondering is if that WAS a near OBE, and what caused it.
My hypothesis is that since I haven't really tried to project in quite some time, nor have I been able to, that there has been a buildup of astral energy, so to speak, within me, kinda like filling up a water balloon too much, and these experiences were it escaping.
I don't know what to think.

Thanks,
Patrick
11  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Death on: July 10, 2007, 04:36:31
I've had alot of dreams of death.  It could be that I like playing shooting games too much, but I have had two dreams of my friends killing me (two specific friends) and then, within a short period of time, both of them have become my enemies.  As for your case, tell your sister to be aware of who or what is killing her, or what circumstances she is dying in, and go from there.
12  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Asteroid hitting in 2012 on: December 27, 2006, 18:24:37
It is a very real possibility.  Meteorites, micromteorites, and meteoroids enter the Earth's atmosphere every day, but are rapidly burned up by the atmosphere.  Many of these can be fragments and debris from asteroids.  In fact, there are over 60,000 Earth-Crossing asteroids who's orbits are right in our paths.  Or, more correctly, we're in theirs. Earth-killer asteroids are VERY common, and even knowing how possible it is that our life here on Earth could be ended by a chunk of rock as small as 10 miles wide traveling at tens of thousands of miles per hour is very scary.
13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Try meditating with your eyes open on: December 05, 2006, 01:44:59
One of the best times of meditation that I have had was when I would lie out in my backyard on those crystal-clear moonless nights and stare at one star.  Just keep watching, and relax.  Before long, everything around you seems to disappear and all you can see is that one star.  I haven't gotten quite to the projection stage (being that those clear, moonless nights are limited here) but I have experienced the same feelings that come prior to a projection.
14  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Rather strange lucid dream... on: October 17, 2006, 04:28:48
Firstly, I'll start off with this.  Both me and one of my friends got really interested into OBE's and LD's.  I'll leave it to that.  My friend said that he had a series of lucid dreams in which I was a part of (he said that I wasn't conscious and that he could tell the difference between a LDing person and a normal sleeping person... never could figure out if he was telling the truth) and he said that there was a person from California who was sort of haunting us in our LD's.  He would find us and attack us and such...  But don't shoot me, I'm just the messanger.  I'm not saying this is true.

Then, one night, I believe I met him for the first time.  Well, not quite face-to-face and I couldn't tell if my mind had made him up or if it was really him.  I had woken up in the morning and had fallen back to sleep and I was thrown instantly into a lucid dream.  (This is one of those dreams that, at the time, you think it is real life.)  Instantly, I knew something was wrong.  I was downtown and there was nobody.  Everything was quiet.  I looked upwards and the sky was a dark blood red.  Then, I heard it.  A single, large nuclear weapon fell from the sky.  Up on a building (for some reason I just knew it was him) was the person that my friend had been talking about.  I saw the bomb whizzing down and I turned, finding myself just outside my friend's house.  He was outside and I tried to yell for him to "take cover" for the little good it would do against getting vaporized but, just like in the movies, everything was silent.  The bomb hit the ground and detonated.  I saw the blinding flash of yellowish-red light and the shockwave from the blast threw me backwards into a concrete wall.  I suddenly felt hoplessness wash over me (keep in mind, I thought this was real life).  Then the heat, well, vaporized me.  (For some strange reason, I chuckled when I wrote that.)  It was one of the more painful deaths I have met in my LD's (or, at least perceived pain... it always seems VERY real).
After waking up, I found that I couldn't move and had the worst case of sleep paralysis in my life.  I was COMPLETELY paralyzed, unable to move for a good five minutes.  I simply lay there helplessly untill the alarm clock went off and jarred me awake.
I just felt like sharing that with you all, see what you make of it.

Patrick
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE proof through paranormal investigation on: October 17, 2006, 04:14:01
I feel the same as Zante.  If they want to proove it, then go ahead.  But the only people they are prooving it to is themselves.  There is no point in prooving it to those who already believe.  I believe that the only reason they are trying to proove it is because it is not considered "normal" by the greater part of the arrogent human race.  People never discover their true abilities so, therefore, they label anything else "abnormal".  I do, however, believe it is about time for the scientific community to get involved with the supernatural, as many people call it.  Wait... Did I just contradict myself???  Oh well...  You couldn't have said it better, Zante.

Patrick
16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / What do you think about... on: October 17, 2006, 04:07:36
I know this might seem like a total noob question, but I have never truely had it answered anywhere else.  I have noticed something about why I can't project anymore (actually, I haven't been able to ever since my 1st try which was a total success; I have had lucid dreams, however):  The first time that I projected, I concentrated on things other than myself and what I was feeling.  I had several very stong mental images that were cycled through my head as if automatically.  I visualized myself floating away from my physical body (1st), I saw myself soaring over the clouds (rather cliche, but 2nd nontheless), and I saw myself floating peacefully through the cosmos (3rd).  Not for one second did my mind wander to my physical body.
Nowadays, I find myself inadvertantly drawn to my body and the sensations that I undergo leading up to a projection.  I concentrate on the vibrations, the heavy feeling, the numb limbs... almost uncontrolably.

Basically the point of this thread is, to all of you expierenced projectors, what do you concentrate on?  Do you keep a focus on your body, or far away?

Thanks to all,
Patrick
17  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: How do I move to another universe on: October 15, 2006, 06:41:51
Like the topic says, how do I move to another universe. I'd like a change. Maybe I'd come back someday. The reason I ask this is I was watching the anime The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and I wanted to move to a world with magical beings and more interesting stuff. I'm sure this is possible but how?

It is actually rather simple, but requires lots of time and resources.  I'd recommend getting a job at NASA or another equivelent company first.  You'll need a sturdy spacecraft with suitable hibernation technology (you will need to be in hibernation possibly in excess of a thousand years).  Hibernation is the state of unconsciousness in which your body is effectively shut down.  Your heart rate is less than three beats per minute, your oxygen consumption is well below one percent of what it normally is.
  Your spacecraft will need adequate shielding from cosmic rays, meteoroids, and other contaminations.  I would recommend one-inch-thich depleted uranium sandwitched between a quarter inch of titanium and several inches of lead, possibly a hundred layers of Kevlear on the inside.  You will need proper nutrition for the journey including water, oxygen, and a good supplement for all meals to be fed directly into the bloodstream by IV.  As for actual travel, I would recommend antimatter drives or solar sails.
  Now, you will need to program your computer to search for any abnormally large gravity fields.  On detection, it will need to check what is the cause of gravity.  Wormholes are perfect for inter-universal travel.  Also, there is one type of black hole, a rotating black hole, that will not crush and kill you.  It's gravity field rotates causing the singularity and the event horizon to remain open and not crush you into individual atoms upon entering.
  Simply pass through these worm holes and black holes untill you find the universe that you wish.  Enjoy!

P.S.  This is, of course, somewhat theoretical and is not guaranteed 100% to work.  I say that it will work undoubtedly.  Oh, by the way, I would, seriously, recommend consulting your doctor or physician to ensure your physical readiness to remain in hibernation for extended periods of time.  You will also want to make sure that you are free of ANY kind of bacteria and viruses because, due to the cosmic radiation and gamma radiation, they can mutate and become rather nasty.

P.S.S.  In case you are actually crazy enough to try this, be careful and good luck.

P.S.S.S.  You did mean physically travel to another place, right?  Not just astrally?  I would hate to have written this in vein.

Patrick
18  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Winter Solstice 2012- a cosmic event on: October 15, 2006, 06:24:25
I doubt that any extra-terrestrial lifeforms would be interested in us.  We're just a small, blue, watery planet orbiting an average-sized sun on the edge of a normal spiral galxy among billions of other galexies.  Honestly, I think the human race thinks way too much of itself.  We might be the dominant race on this planet, but I will bet you a million dollars (if I had it) that there are thousands of races that are eons ahead of our technology.
I'm not taking away from the events that are prophesized to happen in 2012, simply replying to your question if this would make us a target for other life to invade.

Patrick
19  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Physical Proof on: October 15, 2006, 06:18:30
What I believe will happen in 2012 is, basically yes, the end of the world.  What will cause this end?  I have one major theory.  Everyone here knows Nostradamus, right?  Predicted both world wars, French revolution, yadda yadda yadda...  This man predicts the third world war to happen between this year and 2012.  In accordance to that:
  The United States government is currently developing anti-matter weapons.  Anti-matter is the opposite of normal matter, to put it simply.  Just like negative is the opposite of positive, left is opposite of right.  Anti-matter is made from positrons (positively charged electrons), anti-protons (negatively charged protons) and neutrons.  How these weapons work is combining antimatter (I'm tired of using the hyphen) with normal matter causing annihalation, the equalization of the two charges (that of antimatter and matter).  Pure energy is released from this reaction which is always 100 percent efficient.  All of the matter and antimatter will be gone, replaced by pure energy.
  You may wonder: how powerful is antimatter?  Damn powerful.  One ounce of antimatter combined with an equal mass of matter is the equivilant of 75 Little Boy nuclear bombs (the bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima).  This equals out to about 1.125 Megatons of explosive force, or, in other words, equal to 2250000000 pounds of TNT.
  I have reason to believe that, if pushed to it, the US would use these antimatter weapons which are entirely capable of destroying the world on their own if they contain sufficient ammounts of antimatter.  Add in all of the thousands of other nuclear devices possibly detonating from the blast of an antimatter weapon and we have one charred rock of a planet.
  It's not that the deveopers don't know (trust me, if a 14 year-old boy could figure this out, these nuclear physicists could) it's simply that they don't care.  They do what they are paid to do, no questions asked.
  Oh well.  It's not like we could do anything to stop it.  World War Three is inevitable.  In fact, I say it's well overdue.  I mean, look at the time between WWI and WWII.  Hardly twenty years passed between those two devastating wars.  Not to mention that we're well overdue in using a nuclear weapon in war.  So far, only two nuclear weapons have been used in war EVER.  Those two were Little Boy on Hiroshima and Fat Man on Nagasaki.  They were dropped less than a month apart.

...  Sigh...

Just my 2 cents.
Patrick
20  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: The Stars and AP... on: October 15, 2006, 05:45:40
I believe it was Sirius, maybe Alpha Centarui.  But I have noticed that this works with just about anything of that nature.  Once, on an eigth-grade field trip to a museum, we went into a star dome.  They turned out the lights and turned on this ball that made an accurate representation of the night sky.  As it just so happened, I wasn't feeling good at all (horrible, actually; my IBS was kicking up) so I just sat and stared, trying to forget the intense pain in my stomach.  My eyes settled on one of the points of light on the dome and I just stared at it.  Everything else seemed to vanish, just as it did when I was staring at the actual night sky.  I find it rather interesting.  And if anyone knows what causes this, please let me know.
Patrick
21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / The Stars and AP... on: October 14, 2006, 00:31:08
I had a really peculiar expierence just last night.  It really began when me and my friend decided to go down to the woods at dark to see if it really was haunted (it has been a question if entities from lower planes manifested in the woods for some time).  We traveled through the greater part of the woods then came out and sat on the hill.  Since my eyes had adjusted to the dark and my senses were heightened, I just then noticed all the stars in the sky.  I decided to lay back, despite the damp grass, and just look.  Then, I simply focused on one star, wondering what would happen if I concentrated on it.  Slowly but surely, the entire world seemed to melt away.  Every single other star vanished.  The sharp outline of the trees was gone.  I began to feel a falling sensation, the same that I have felt during several of my other astral projections.  I felt myself being pulled away from my body when... "Patrick, are you asleep?" brought me back to reality.
I don't know, guys.  It might turn out to be a promising technique.  Tell me what you think.  I know I didn't fully project, but I was almost there.  It only seemed right that it fit into this category.

mjolnir_knight
22  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Please save me from becoming a skeptic... on: September 14, 2006, 22:38:32
What do you mean by positively?  Do you mean answers that are pure of heart?
23  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Future (astral) winds on: September 14, 2006, 22:36:59
Hey, Lume,
I have had a similar expierence, possibly astral winds.  I had become conscious from a dream and it became lucid when I found myself downtown in my city, not far from my dad's apartment.  Since I love the astral sky, I looked up at it and admired it's beauty.  I saw a huge moon and shimmering stars, when all of a sudden I was forced upwards.  I was flying increadibly fast, just straight up.  As I rose upwards, I began to breath heavily.  I could feel my physical body panting for air.  I continued to be pulled upwards and now I was almost in space.  I felt some portion of my consciousness shift to my physical body, draining away from my astral body.  It was a strange feeling because I began to feel tired, possibly because I thought of the lack of oxygen.  When the tiredness was unbearable, my astral body was dropped.  I fell towards the ground and hit the exact spot in which I had been standing just a minute earlier.  I then returned to the physical with sleep paralysis.
Just wanted to share that.
Mjolnir Knight
24  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Please save me from becoming a skeptic... on: September 14, 2006, 22:27:35
It has been almost a year now since I discovered astral projection.  It was the first quarter of eigth grade when I was surfing the internet in the morning and I came across Jonas Ridgeway's forum.  I read the posts, began to believe.  That night, I tried to project and found it to be an instant success.  Within twenty minutes, I felt intense but pleasurable vibrations, started to see through closed eyes, heard buzzing, and floated out of my body.  I was elated.  The next day when I got from home from school, I tried again.  I got the vibrations, but no projection.  I tried again and again, but was constantly met with failure.  Since then, I have only been able to project three times.  Those were from sleep paralysis state, so they were increadibly easy.  I have also had a handful of lucid dreams.  But no projections.  Projection use to be the main thing on my mind.  Now it has become a mere afterthought.  I am believing less and less in astral projection nowadays, but I have been kept going by the thought of that first wonderful projection.  As much as I want to believe, I am rapidly becoming a skeptic.  I try to stop myself, but my logic and scientific side says no.  It says that projection isn't possible.  I wish that I could project again, but I simply can't.  If there is anything that anyone could do to save me, I would really appreciate it.  I have read the greater portion of the recent posts on this forum, have read almost anything that I could get my hands on.  This really sucks.  I don't know.  You all might be seeing less and less of me now that my life has become busy with highschool.
Any replies are appreciated.  Sometimes it's just nice to know that someone is there for you.
Thanks,
Patrick
25  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / New Technique Found! on: August 13, 2006, 15:23:28
I had awoke from a good five hours of sleep (my body has seemed to have programed itself to wake up around seven) and naturally I was still very tired.  So I started to go back to sleep.  Seeing as I was pretty darn tired, I started to drift off rapidly.  Then, just as I was reaching the boundary of sleep (I now believe that I had effortlessly achieved a mind awake/ body asleep state), a very random idea popped in my head.  You know how in a dream, something that would normally sound extremely ridiculous in real life sounds perfectly suitable?  (My friend dreamed that there was a mass of birds flying overhead and thought that an astroid had hit the earth)  This was a moment like that.  Or, maybe, it was one of those lightbulb moments.  I'm hoping the latter of the two.  I thought that since I was so close to sleep, therefore closer to the astral plane, and also in a deep hypnogogic state, that whatever I imagined would come true.  At that instant, I also thought that if I could trick my body into sleep, but put all of my effort into staying awake, I would project.  I tried it by thinking of the first thing that came to mind and that was the most vivid: a scene from the novel I was writing.  As I imagined, I could literally see the scene, but I put all of my concentration into staying conscious. (If you have ever had surgeory, it is a bit like trying to fight the anesthetic.  Not that it's impossible, but that's kind of what it is like.)  Literally within seconds, I got immensely strong vibratoins, I fealt as if I was being rocked back and fourth, I heard a roaring in my ears, then a buzzing.  I was starting to project, then my cat jumped on the bed.   angry  I wanted to KILL it.  evil

So, basically all you have to do is this:  either stay up very late (2-3 AM) and naturally wake up or set your alarm clock to wake up in 4-5 hours;  begin to fall back asleep normally and catch yourself when you are about to fall asleep (believe me, it's easier to do when you are this tired than when you are initially falling asleep);  when you believe that you are able to hallucinate, imagine something briefly to test it (don't think about it too long, you will fall asleep);  if you are able to see what you imagined, than congrats you are almost there; now, imagine the most vivid thing that you can, but at the same time, put ALL (I mean ALL) of your concentration into remaining (don't worry if you don't put much effort into imagining your object or scene [I actually found it easier to imagine a scene] your subconscious will fill in the details of it [NOTE: it helps if you have seen or imagined it many times before; you can even imagine yourself projecting if you wish, but I haven't tried it]);  hopefully, if you can replicate my results (minus the cat) than you will be off on your astral adventure in no time.

-Patrick
Pages: [1] 2 3