The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 20, 2019, 01:54:29

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tonight's Experience on: September 27, 2016, 08:51:44
Thanks for the feedback. I have ordered a mindfold. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks again.
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Tonight's Experience on: September 26, 2016, 10:28:49
Tonight infollowed a guided meditation on YT. Visualizing my front door, walking through it into a crystal lake, becoming the lake, reflecting to the stars, creating an astral body etc...

During this meditation I quickly fell into one of the nicest sleep paralysis experiences I have ever had. Im very good at keeping conscious awareness these days and don't ever find myself falling asleep. In fact I think my mental awareness is almost too sharp/aware.

At the point of creating my astral body from the stars I visualized crackling and pure energy. It was quite nice. At this point I felt really energized. Unfortunately as the guide was telling me to rise up through my body laying in bed, I noticed a bright whiteness taking over and as it got brights it was simply my eyes just opening under their own accord. Now my eyes were open and I was still in a SP state. I closed them, my focus went to my physical body and it was all pretty much toast. I woke up in a deep sweat, and 50 minutes went really fast.

I imagine this could be some sort of test/natural response. Im very grateful for the sensations I did feel and the overall experience was extremely pleasant.

Not sure what I'm missing, other than practice. I keep waiting for my visualization to become my primary focus, but it just doesn't seem to happen. PS. I am practicing at night because it is not going to happen having a new born at 4 am and I don't have an issue getting to a mind awake body asleep state (this usually takes me very little time to accomplish). Time seems to simply allow my body to fall further and further asleep.

Any input is always appreciated and TIA.
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Mind Awake, Body Asleep on: September 22, 2016, 09:36:42
Thank you all so much for the responses. It's really strange to step back and realize something that I thought I knew. Getting to sleep paralysis for me has been easy for me for years now. I just never knew that THAT was sleep paralysis. I always thought the shift or phase in conciousness would be some big dramatic obvious event. It's so subtle it was easy to discount. Even when I don't successfully project, waking from SP and realizing that 30 minutes or more had passed when it only felt like 5 (should have been a big clue). I've read hundreds of Xanths posts, franks posts, lumazas, Blue FP, etc... over the years and just recently it all clicked and I've been makin great strides. There's no fear, I believe everything is conciousness, and all I'm seeking is to have a full astral experience with full conciousness. The type of experience where I can actually interact, connect with my higher self, etc...

So at the point of the spinning event I mentioned earlier I will try to passively observe it and not analyze, as well as try to focus through it the next time? And see how that goes. I don't mind getting stopped up at that point. That was truest an awe inspiring sensation.

Thanks again for the kind responses.
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Mind Awake, Body Asleep on: September 21, 2016, 09:40:22
Wow it has been quite awhile since I posted last. Been lurking here for years now. Shows how long I've been at this lol. Honestly my mindset as been holding me back.

Shirt background: I discovered Robert Monroe's books in my dad's library when I was 15. Read them front to back several times. I practice in ebbs and flows. On for a couple months off for a couple months. Personal exploration is what drives me. Validation of an afterlife is my primary goal really. Call me crazy, my ego wants to know if it survives physical death.

Up until about a month ago did it hit me that OBE's weren't really "leaving your body. I used to have so many labels on everything. This whole time it's been staring me in the face. After realizing this I have made tremendous strides.

Just the other night I laid back and tried a new focusing technique to phase into the astral. I laid back, and repeated "mind awake, body asleep" mentally over and over. Eventually my body felt really relaxed and heavy. I then added some visualization of a sign the top read "mind" the bottom "body". It seemed easy to keep focus on this sign for longer so I added a green light to flash when I thought mind awake, and a red light to flash when I said body asleep.

Not long after doing this did I feel a significant shift and it felt like the entire room was spinning around my body. No vibrations, quite a loud humming though. It was like I was super drunk with the spins, but it was not nauseating at all. It felt amazing. I didn't know what to do at this point and simply thinking "am I supposed to do something now" sent me right back to C1. Should I have simply just allowed this to continue passively? I understand phasing is a natural process and I basically kickstarted it. Idk if I was enter F10, F15 or w.e (I'd rather lay off the labeling as to not get me thinking during this event.)

Any guidance or input always welcome Smiley

5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Adrenaline and AP on: February 16, 2014, 03:43:53

When I imagine myself climbing down a later I don't really feel anything, same for the rope method. So is jumping out of a plane in my imagination the way forward?

Thanks guys
[/quote]

The rope climbing, ladder climbing, falling hopscotching etc... Is all just to focus you conscience in something other than the physical senses. The problem with trying all these methods is that you are expecting something to happen and just because it doesn't work you get discouraged. As soon as I quit trying at night, relaxing in the am and letting it happen everything changed. Forget the methods. Wake up early, lay back in bed, get comfy, and focus on your breathing. You may star dreaming in and out but since you are rested your mind won't fall completely into the dream.

My first real AP and the 3 after happened at 430am, I was on my stomach, and wasn't even trying but I found myself all primed and aware. Made it a piece of cake.

I used to always get those late night symptoms that never amounted to anything...

Nick
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: First experience in the astral not RTZ on: February 15, 2014, 16:42:04
Well done, it has all the hallmarks and what you were told to do is what I've said many times myself.
There is a word and it gets far better later, elation.
 grin

Thanks szaxx!
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / First experience in the astral not RTZ on: February 15, 2014, 07:03:49
I slept all night. Early in the morning I Became fully conscious but could only perceive blackness, I visualized walking out on my a dock at an old lake I spent summers at and I could feel the thunder building. It wasn't intense and I stayed calm through it (getting pretty used to it now). Then I felt myself shifting. It felt like I was doing backflips. Then all of a sudden I could feel grass on my hands and feet so I demanded to see and it worked! I kept rubbing the grass everytime my eyelids wanted to close on there own. This kept me involved. I I met a guy who I could tell wanted to help. All I could think about was flying. He made me feel like I could and tried helping me off a nearby cliff but I kept thinking NO Way! We went into his home and he was not the most helpful. He made popcorn and I kept asking how to see really amazing stuff and he just didn't say much. There were some other beings in the house. He told me to think of what I wanted to do and I could do it. I'm assuming this was my guide never got a name. All the communication was through feelings. I could just sense what he was wanting to say. I closed my eyes to think of a place to travel. But when I opened them I was awake in my room. What an amazing experience. I can't believe how real this was. My guide seemed content to let me just take everything in. I can't wait to return!

Sorry but I believe this was my first trip to the Astral! There are no words for this...

Nick
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics! / Re: How to Experience the Larger Reality - Tom Campbell on: February 14, 2014, 17:46:08
Every single time I listen to Tom Campbell, I hear something that I have just recently become aware of. Never fails. It's really amazing. I was just posting on this forum something I realized recently: how consciousness is natural and we just need to work removing the blocks and let it happen.

I recently became aware of this as well. I spent so long trying to make ap happen. I was in the way of myself. Though I have learned exactly what I needed to when I was ready for it. it's amazing how well we truly know ourselves. So much more than what our daily conscience thinks it knows.
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Help: Next step after hovering between sleep and being awake? on: February 14, 2014, 16:28:43
What method do you use to get out of body, astralee ?

I'm getting somewhat better at achieving vibrations. However, getting past them and out of body is proving to be difficult. Relaxing and "embracing" them is what I've doing., and I've been getting better at prolonging them. Though I am utterly confused when they come to an abrupt end. Any ideas on what I should (or shouldn't) be doing?

What I found that works for me is as follows: I get to the point you are talking about. Instead of laying like this for ever waiting. I have to let myself start to fall asleep. To do this I roll onto my side and relax. I let my focus drift off and I have found that all the practice done prior anchors my focus to drift back and forth. Within about 30 seconds I get bombarded with thunder and it all happens on it's own. No method required.

Those methods are keeping a lot of people too focused on the physical. At least it was doing that to me. Since I practice in the mornings, when I let myself fall asleep I don't fully go to sleep like I do at night (because I'm fully rested already). Any time I feel the signposts, if I try a method it ruins it. Just let it all happen and enjoy it.

Hope this helps I'm still learning. Have only had 4 projections.

Nick
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Nap projection on: February 08, 2014, 05:43:53
Yeah makes sense to me. I'm starting to be able to anticipate it enough so It doesn't startle me out of it. It's quite the feeling Smiley
11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Nap projection on: February 08, 2014, 00:20:45
This morning I got to the thunder stage and got surprised by it. Knew it was coming. It's just surprising sometimes. That was it. But had a interesting nap experience today.

Relaxed on bed at 1:30 for a nap/practice. Listened to MRI tape and got very relaxed. Rolled over to try and actually nap and got woken up by My wife  home from the store. Placed my intent to actually take a nap and not keep my mind awake. Seems like that's getting hard to do if I'm not exhausted. Fell into a nap. I don't remember my dreams but it had been asleep for about an hour. My awareness shifted back to blackness like I had been "noticing" the whole time (though I was sleeping). I did all of a sudden feel my right arm trying to float. It felt like it just popped out of my arm. When I noticed that I couldn't feel my bed sheets is when the rest of me decided it was time as well. Next the rest of my body followed. I was viewing the foot of my bed looking over the edge. My mind was thinking that It was my physical body but I was standing. ( that thought is what brought me back I think) As I looked back I snapped back to myself laying in bed!

This week has been amazing progress. I feel like I'm recognizing my personal sign posts. Feels like I'm learning to walk all over again. In the 3 projections I've had. Very groggy/blurry. But so exciting! It is easiest for me as my body is awakening after sleep. As it wakes up I plug in to a practice before I actually get up for the day. Hard to explain but that's my attempt!!

Nick
12  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hi! on: February 07, 2014, 06:16:33
 I have been sort of talking to myself during the process. Like "I saw that flash, thank you" hoping ill get a reply of some sort and I feel acknoledging positively is helping me to be comfortable with the sensations I feel. I've been into franks posts PDF, xanths, and the astral blueprint. Such great experience in there! I really am enjoying these infant stages if discovery. I do have a journal I just started. Also to jot notes, thoughts and questions that I'd like to answer someday.

We are more than our physical bodies!

Nick
13  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Hi! on: February 07, 2014, 01:31:16
Hi there! My name is Nick. I am 23 years old. I first found out about AP back when I was 16. I got caught up in what I would call the undertow that is media's perception of AP. Since silently viewing this site for a few months I have learned so much and have had a few projections since I really have started learning and practicing naturally without all the gimmicks and "get out quick schemes." Nothing beats old fashioned practice, and letting nature take its course. I take every experience as a chance to learn and plan on learning my whole life and beyond.

Glad to join the community!

Nick
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Spirit Guides? on: February 06, 2014, 05:32:39
Maybe because you placed your intent so strong that you yourself got those vibes going. I'm very much in the infant stages of AP as well but I have been making pretty good progress. Have had 2 projections this week. Very short experiences but progress. To my knowledge the "rope technique" isn't so much to get you out of the body. But to get your attention focused so that you can lose awareness of your physical self. I don't get vibes. I usually get thunder or loud crackling. At this point I have found less is more. I do nothing and just feel it. After a few seconds of this i'm out.

Find out what is best for you. I have found the last several years of practicing one "technique" after another has placed within me an anchor point that helps me catch myself falling asleep. So back and forth I go until I hear the storm in the blackness, then I am out.

Nick
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Xanth's Free 60 Page eBook, “My Astral Projection Truth” on: February 05, 2014, 17:44:19
Thank you for this ebook! It has cleared up so much misinformation. I read Monroe's books when I was like 16. My dad was into them and I would sneak them. Naturally I was confused and have had little success because I didn't really know what it was all about. Now I'm 22 and since trolling this site for a month I've had 2 waking conscious experiences and have a whole new outlook. Thank you Xanth!

Nick
16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Success!! on: February 05, 2014, 16:52:56
It was definitely a full waking awareness projection.
No doubt about that.

But understand that a "dream" is a projection too.   It's an unaware projection.

Anytime you're experiencing the nonphysical and aware of that fact in some way, it's a projection.  smiley

Congratulations!

Thank you! I have relearned so much if what I thought I knew. Franks posts pdf really helped me. I now understand obes, ap, dreams and Ld a lot better, as all getting to the same place just with different levels of awareness. Into either the rtz or astral.

Thanks,
Nick
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Success!! on: February 05, 2014, 15:38:41
This morning I woke up about 4 am. Got on my phone for a few minutes and laid back down. Couldn't get comfy on my back so my side it was. As I laid their I couldn't get my thoughts to drift or unfocused from my physical. So I decided to try and catch myself falling asleep. As I fell asleep it was like a train was moving by and I had one shot of jumping onboard. All at once I felt a rush and rolled right out without doing a thing. I walked to my bedroom door and was having trouble seeing so I tried opening my eyes harder and felt my physical eyes open for a sec. This have me like a split feeling of being up but also still in bed. I turned around and woke up in my bed.

I am positive this was an obe. It was so real and amazing. But it feels like after I sleep the rest of the morning I am less convinced and part of me hopes it's not a dream. Is this feeling normal the first few times? I was so excited when I first returned. But now after waking up for the day my logical reasoning wants to discount it as a dream.

Thanks
Nick!

P.s thing have progressed 1000 times farther once I let nature take it's course. How much easier it seems!!
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Almost there. on: February 04, 2014, 18:35:01

Thanks for that link!

I got back to the thunder this morning. After about 1 minute of relaxing. Though this time it wasn't as intense. I cruised right past it and before I could think about an exit I naturally rolled. I'm pretty positive my leg made it out (felt both of my feet with what felt like a 3rd foot) and I felt my face working it's way out. I was facing the center of the bed and ended up snapping back and that was it. Pretty good progress. It's amazing how just letting nature run it's course is teaching me so much more. Thanks for the help!

Nick
19  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: The closest I've got was completely accidental on: February 04, 2014, 02:26:39

Thank you! Yeah the thunder is a surprise. I was planning on just experiencing everything and forgetting to try and force it. This reminds me of a dream I had last week. I discounted it as a dream because I was sure it was. The more I think about it. I dreamed of the same thunder I felt this morning, though in the "dream" I appeared in my living room and a voice told me to go back and I'd be happy. I ran upstairs and jumped in. Maybe I did ap. Though All these posts I've been reading maybe caused me to dream about an obe.. But that thunder was the same :/
20  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / The closest I've got was completely accidental on: February 03, 2014, 20:53:53
I posted earlier today about my experience with thunder and a rush of excitement that followed that ultimately ended my experience this morning. I've been experimenting with hemi-sync, basic binaurals, all these techniques etc... But this morning I was just being lazy, allowed myself to fall asleep after being awake for 20 minutes or so. I was on my side, with my hand between my thighs curled up. I think I have discovered the most basic of skills. I previously was trying so hard, before bed, on my back (expecting) something to happen. This morning did nothing at all. But the previous practice was put in to effect naturally and allowed me to get further down the hole than I have been. I felt pretty close to being there. I feel a refreshed sense of excitement about ap. I think all that forced practice has placed my strong intent so now if tje conditions are right it naturally wants to take over and do it for me.

Nick
21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Almost there. on: February 03, 2014, 17:33:53
Thanks! Yeah I'm going to practice getting back to this part as it's only the 2nd time I've experienced it. Maybe more experience w it will allow me to stay calm during the thunder stuff that happens. Can't wait!!
22  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Almost there. on: February 03, 2014, 16:53:05
Hi there! I woke up this morning after about 10 hours of sleep. Layer awake on my cell phone for about 20 minutes. My bed felt so comfy so I was going to relax a little longer. Started a light dream and realized what was going on. My brain took over and I lost it. By this time my body was asleep. I visualized it in different positions. Felt like I was sitting up on a couch, then I felt like I was stuck under furniture(odd). After the last feeling I sunk into a blackness and felt/heard thunder. I didn't get excited or anything as I have felt this once before. Just tried to let it pass. Then that was it. I was back in c1. Is this fairly normal? Do I just try to let the thunder pass when I experience it? Seems like some get vibrations. Everytime I get thunder and it is awesome! At this point I just kept thinking about being in my living room. Hoping ill just end up out of the body. Not sure if I am shooting myself in the foot or to just let it flow.

Thanks Nick
Pages: [1]