The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 10, 2019, 07:39:36

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Does phasing have to be achieved through technique on: January 15, 2003, 12:57:39
I didn't realise that 'phasing' was a legitimate form of Astral interaction.

I use no specific formal tehcnique, and have had astral and OOBE experience on a number of occasions due to a sleep defect which occasionally leaves me in a state of uncontrollable paralysis.

But more often lately, as I lay in bed, I will experience a brief, messy, disorientated impression that I am floating madly about my house. I usually end up by a window.

Then, suddenly, I see blackness, and am aware of my physical body, and begin to get flashes of scenery 'behind' my eyes.

After that, the vision 'flickers' into view, and I see what I can only describe as otherworldly places.

I live by the sea, and these environments tend to be marine in quality, and always with specific types of wildlife.

My vision seems to 'fill in' after the blackness, with vivid three-dimensional scenery.

I tend to 'scrabble' about, trying to come to terms with what I am seeing. It can begin with a falling or 'water-flume' feeling.

The last I had was exploring a kind of rocky, water place, infested with fish-like things that sat upon the rocks.

It's weird because I am completely cogent and totally conscious while this is happening.

Is this phasing?
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Chattering Ghosties on: November 19, 2002, 18:06:38
I'm pretty familiar with OOBEs, but for some reason, I havent had any major (remember-able) experiences for a while.

Until, a few nights ago, I went through the usual paralysis stage that I know happens to me before I fully project. I was pretty pleased about this, as it meant that I was still able to project.

Then my awareness began floating about a few feet away (I can't usually see what's going on until right at the end) and I heard two voices right in my ear, one of which said "He's doing it, he's nearly done it!" and another that seemed more impatient and said "Come on!"

Then they started chattering excitedly (and incoherantly) at me as I felt the strong buzzing sensation. The voices were getting annoying, so I willed them to shut up, and suddenly I snapped back into my body.

Oddly for me, i wasnt scared at all, even though something very freaky had just happened. The voices had a childlike tone to them, and sounded more female than male.

I somehow get the feeling they were 'forcing' emotions into my head, making me feel as anxious about it as them. they seemed friendly though! Why on earth were they trying to help me. Or were they? Maybe they were trying to tinkle me off.

Anyone else heard of these little guys?

3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Me, Myself and I on: September 29, 2002, 19:53:59
I hallucinate pretty strongly when I'm paralysed (which happens roughly once or twice a week). I recognise the hallucinations as just that, their slightly ghostly texture making it obvious that they aint the real thing.

It really isnt worth me even attempting to list the things I've seen during the paralysis stage [i'm sure they are just that: hallucinations -more a mental phenomenon than astral, prob my visual cortex in dream mode going nuts],

but just this week I saw, for the first time ever, ME.

It was a solid, perfectly rendered image of me, with arms lying limp, and my facial profile just visible at the edge of my vision. The ME was lying beside me on my bed.

This had happened after what I perceived as a failed projection attempt, and was unlike other hallucinations in that the ME was perfectly solid and gently moving as it breathed. I was paralysed, and unfortunately, as the realisation dawned that it was ME, I could not get up and go 'aarrgh'.

Weirdly, after a minute or so,  it did not alarm me at all. It was as if I had woken up beside another human being, just like that.

Having said that, given the choice, I would still have gotten up out of bed and made a high-pitched noise.

After a minute of lying paralysed, gazing at the ME (which had its eyes closed), I snapped out of paralysis and the ME disappeared.

I was pretty freaked out about this, until it occured to me that maybe the projection didnt fail after all and that I'd just seen my astral body.

But it was just too solid-looking and physical for that. And why was it beside me, not above me or across the room? Then I realised that the likelihood was that i had actually projected a few feet from my body, bobbed down and had just looked down at myself. Eugh.

Anyone else had the unsavoury experience of waking up in the middle of the night to see their ugly looking cranium lying happily beside them on the bed?

4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / projection with eyes open? on: September 23, 2002, 09:20:05
hello.
I'm new to this board, so please bear with my rambling...

I regularly get paraysis, so when I project, its often with my physical eyes open.

The image of the ceiling above my bed suddenly becomes meaingless, and I cannot work out what I am seeing. I can feel my body floating around the room, and I can touch other parts of the room, but the image of the ceiling is all I see, and that just seems to be a clutter of shapes and shadows until I snap back.

And when I do, it's like being on acid! Even once I have awoken, everything is trippy and odd. The walls seem to shimmer, and I sometimes outright hallucinate. I have to rub my eyes to stop this!

Its as if the image of the ceiling that my physical eyes were sending to my brain conflicted with the sensory messages my astral body was sending.

So the visuals were out of context and made no sense whatsoever.

Q1 What's with the weird acid tripping after 'snap-back'?!!

Q2 Why do my head and ears buzz so loudly I often get scared and wake up?

Q3: And I've seen a white tunnel and twice ended up in a weird blue watery place that I'm sure wasnt anywhere on earth. That did not sound like a normal projection to me...

Good that's off my chest.

bye.

5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Does phasing have to be achieved through technique on: January 15, 2003, 18:11:57
Thanks for the advice Adrian.

I must confess, this isn't all completely new to me, i've been having OOBEs ever since I was a kid, and thought they were nightmares due to the sleep paralysis. I used to tell my mother there was a buzzing monster under the pillow...

These days, I hardly ever get OOBEs, and when I do, it seems that they are far more disorientating, yet far more energetic than they once were! Maybe one every four months on average.

For the past few years i've had a casual interest in the phenomenon -i've read Robert Bruce's Treatise, and Sylvan Muldoon's Astral Projection book.

And oddly, the more formal interest I develop in OOBEs, the less frequently they happen to me. I panic now when I get paralysis, and that seems to ruin it. Also, the more content and 'unstressed' i am in my daily life, the less frequently the paralysis occurs.

but the mind-seeing thing is much easier. it's only since checking out some of the messages on this board the other day that I've got a hint that these experiences could be significant too.

I'd not taken the visions that seriously, just used them as an easy way to get to sleep.

I was also under the impression that this stuff happened to most people as they lie in bed, and assumed 'phasing' referred to some kind of enigmatic, full-on OOBE-based technique.  

I have to concentrate to maintain the visions, and find they suddenly 'peak' if I can hold out long enough -after that they suddenly take less effort to maintain, and I can relax and enjoy.

I've seen some cool things in those visions. That they could be something more than a nighttime mind game is a very appealing thought!

i'll take your advice and pay them more attention

thanks again

olly
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Chattering Ghosties on: November 26, 2002, 13:36:41
Yeah, thanks for the help!

That passage seems very relevant to my experience, and was something I suspected myself.

Never had them before, but it is more than possible that my desire to project was encapsulated in what the 'mind-voices' were saying.

I'd like to say they sounded real, but then, the best hallucinations are almost impossible to identify as fake at the time.

It is refreshing, though, to have a projection experience explained as a hallucination. I get the feeling quite a few accounts can be explained in the same way. Maybe the key is whether they happen prior to complete projection or not!

7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / paralysis bit on: October 04, 2002, 21:02:04
Although I can't speak in terms of actual projection experience of that, your post definitely reminded me of something that happened to me not too long ago.

This was during paralysis and what actually occurred at the moment I started hearing the 'buzzing noise' scared me so much I had to have a nice cup of tea afterwards...

I felt this thing start by trying to hug me, and much of the detail of its body was in my peripheral vision, so it was hard to make out exactly what it was. I thought 'Fine, let it hug me.'

Then once it was snuggled in, it started to bite and pinch me, and despite my mentally calling it a *******-*****ing ****ing ***** son-of a ****, it continued to harass me.

It was considerably strong, and managed to cause me some serious irritation, and a bruising, dull pain wherever it bit me. It seemed pretty angry.

After I 'snapped back', the sort of baby-like beastie was obviously gone, and I could move again.

There were no marks, obviously. But it occurred to me that I had been thinking about my sister's current problems at the time of paralysis. She has in the past had several abortions. That kind of put the 'angry baby' into a whole new context....

olly

8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Also buzzing /ringing on: September 26, 2002, 19:14:42
although I've had a few major projections, i have experienced the buzzing EVERY time something significant has happened.

it's how i know that something big is happening -the buzzing itself was something i was aware of before i even knew what an OBE was! I actually used to think it was a monster under my pillow, when I was a little boy!

It begins for me like a tickling in my ears that increases until it reaches an unbearably scary roaring noise which, after peaking, becomes a POP! and i'm somewhere cool.

I can feel the energy sparking all over my body, and as I focus my concentration, it sound like a light saber swishing around, feels like powerful static engulfing my body.

It USUALLY scares three shades of s*** out of me and I panic, but when it's happened during the day and I'm not paranoid, i've had the pleasure of three short-lived explorations of the astral plane.

In conclusion, see the buzzing as chakra opening, the separation of the astral and physical, or the reaching of a deep trance state, whatever.

But understand that it is indicative that SOMETHING very important is going on out there, and all this stuff isnt a load of mumbo-jumbo! Even a novice like me can tell that.

And it certainly isn't a monster under your pillow!

olly

9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / projection with eyes open? on: September 24, 2002, 18:52:16
thanks guys!

that helped...

BTW, sorry DEberry if my post to you seemed a bit defensive.

It's just the last person (my girlfriend) I mentioned this stuff to made me feel like a bit of an idiot -so now I'm not used to people discussing it and I can get ultra-defensive about whether my accounts are completely literal!!
This will be rectified!

I'm pretty sure the visual stuff isnt false awakening as I've had that before when I was much younger.

The weird tripping tends to follow me for a few seconds if i wander off to the to toilet, and it is extremely vivid.

Have read the Treatise which has clarified a lot. Will try wearing a face-mask thingy before I go to bed, even if I do end up looking like batman...

olly

P.S. Meg -what do you mean by 'it sounds like you are from the places that you're seeing'. That sounds very intriguing!

10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / projection with eyes open? on: September 23, 2002, 12:07:49
that makes good sense, Spike.

Seeing both astral and physical at the same time is a possibility, but if so I seriously worry about what sort of weird excrement is going on out there. The hallucinations are extremely odd.

And the watery place? I actually did have a good look at it, as it was the first time I actually projected without seeing nothing or the ceiling. It was dark blue and completely underwater, there were undulating black fish-like things that seemed utterly disinterested in my presence. Also a feeling of 'oh another one's here' and a surprising lack of fear.

As I naturally hit a deep paralytic trance when lying in bed, I only seem to visually project into completely otherwordly places, which I find intense and disorienting. Real-time projection is very rare for me, and extremely short-lived.

Another was an adobe desert place full of houses, each seeming occupied and surrounded by roses I felt there were a lot of other people there, and it was real enough for me to rub the sand between my fingers. None of this is imagery that has ever appeared in an ordianry dream. Also I was completely cogent and in control.

Are these places the lucid dream pools that are sometimes mentioned?

11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / projection with eyes open? on: September 23, 2002, 11:57:12
It's hard to fight the feeling of panic just before paralysis that instinctively flicks my eyes open. That's the only explanation I have for it. I'll figure out how to deal with it, and it doesn't happen every time.

(DEBerry, sorry but I wasn't really looking for a 'well-duh' answer to be honest so I'm not sure what your point is!)

What I'm more interested in is the fact that, when it does happen, the things I see with my physical eyes [often just the ceiling or the bedroom door] seem
completely nonsensical.

I just cannot understand the image of the ceiling before me until I snap back in, and it slowly seems to make sense, without altering at all!

It reminds me of a feature I read about a guy who was born blind and had an operation to restore his sight when he was an adult.

They discovered that after the operation, he seemed to be still blind, despite his protestations to the contrary.

A neurologist came up with a theory.

The man couldnt understand anything he was seeing, until they gave him geometric shapes to feel and study. Then he began to understand the chaos of colour and shapes. He'd see a floating sphere, for example, in the mass, after handling and studying a sphere.

Eventually he could grasp complex geometrical structure on a visual level in relation to himself (i.e his position and point of view in comparison to the object). He had to learn understand the images in front of him as they related to his own location.

Whats this seems to suggest is that we cannot visually grasp anything outside of its physical and geometric context. Babies do a similar thing, handling simple geometric shapes. Could they be doing the same as the restored blind man?

So my visual understanding is thrown by the fact that all my other senses are (for example) touching the wardrobe door at the edge of my room, while my physical eyes are still staring up from the bed.

The images dont tally with the physics. Furthermore, once I snap back in and can understand the visual images again, I seem to vividly hallucinate and trip out for about fifteen to thirty seconds, as if my brain is readjusting again. This never happens after waking up, only after projection.

Anyone else had this experience?
....and no DEBerry, I didnt take any acid before I went to sleep!

quote:
Originally posted by DEBerryJr:
In spite of being obvious, why don't you try closing your physical eyes before paralysis sets in?

Sincerely,

D. E. Berry Jr.

Pages: [1]