The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. January 27, 2020, 02:50:19

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / yo-yo obe on: June 19, 2003, 20:44:04
Just thought I'd paste in today's entry from my journal:

Where: upstairs meditation room between about 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m.
Type: Psycho-sensory integration series #2 cd
Results:   The results came after listening to the cd. I was in the lawnchair, cushioned with pillows. Top pillow got too hot so I took it off and eventually had my arms on the arms of the chair. Taking a cue from a fellow at Astral Pulse, [that would be jason], who had experienced an oobe by just keeping at it basically if it took him all night, I stayed upstairs, knowing I have 3 days off and plenty of time.  This time I definitely got ringing in my head and vibrations!  It went back and forth for what seemed quite some time, as I would fall back
toward C-1 consciousness and the ringing/vibrations would stop, and then it would start all over again.  There was a peaceful, “light” feeling associated with getting into this state, although at times it felt as if my head were expanding in some way.  I also remembered
Monroe writing about intense horniness in the early period of his projecting, because my hands had slipped down near my crotch, at one point, and I felt a small, but intense pleasure down there, and was definitely turned on.  This experience faded.  (I didn’t
resist it, just observed it.)
   I wanted to get oob, but at the same time I thought that it is all just an illusion of sorts, so why not cultivate the idea of skipping the RTZ, (Real Time Zone, or parallel actuality), and shoot for the astral?  After a bit I was standing next to a big machine
something like a boiler, (but a cleaner one than the one at work), with maybe a 12-inch pipe curving 90 degrees and going into a wall, and with a huge yellow door next to it.  The door was square-shaped and had a huge keyhole to the right of it.  There were two keys that fit it, I somehow knew, and I had one of them, which I fit into the keyhole. The
door opened. I looked, but did not enter.  What I saw was something like an expanse, dark space, but it was peppered with something--maybe it was outter space and I wasn’t seeing clearly?  What stood out suddenly was a little Maltese cross floating in that space.
It had luminescent edges, sort of a bright cobalt blue, all the way around it.
    But I kept coming back to C1, (consensus time/actual world).  Again I would get the ringing and vibrations, start to come out of it, and then dip back into it.  At one point I was seeing astral wildlife in the form of something like a big ant to my right.  I reached
out my hand and wanted to make a sword or some kind of weapon, but just ended up picking up the creature with my hand.  The creature turned into a furry ball much like our dog Kris, (who needs a haircut), and I let it go and saw it no more.  Then I saw a small bug crawling across my vision, up and to the left, as if it were on a television screen.  
    Still, I kept going back and forth.  I kept letting myself go back into the ringing/floating, as if I were getting used to going in and out of water.  At one point I felt my feet, at the end of the lawnchair, “melting”, or elongating.  This happened more than
once, maybe several times.  Finally I felt my whole body on the verge of experiencing an exit, but I didn’t want to roll like a log, (as per Monroe in the first cd set), because I just
wasn’t prepared to stare at my body.  So I got this idea of slipping my right leg over the stairway banister, which I did, and I watched the leg stretch out all the way down to the kitchen floor!  The rest of my body followed it down.  There was something odd, here--I
think I was wearing tennishoes, when I was actually in stocking feet.  I looked at my hands and saw them both and said, “Yep, those are my hands!” but I didn’t stare at them long enough to “melt” them.  The front door began to open and I knew it was my wife returning from the post office, and for some reason I didn’t want to continue the journey
at that point and I snapped back to C1 and ended the experiment there.  But talk about fun!  Yeehaa!

--Paukki  [Cheesy]
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / How much do you work at it? on: April 23, 2003, 13:59:03
Hi gang, just curious about how much time and effort people put into their obe quest/adventures.  Also curious about taking "time off" from obe stuff, (like if some find it absolutely necessary to take long breaks, or short breaks, or however you define it.)  Lately I am mostly just practicing the phasing method using cd1/track 2 from the Gateway series, anywhere from 1 to 3 times a day.  Tonight I was wondering if I just quit altogether for a length of time, (how long?  I don't know, what have you tried?), maybe it would be helpful in the long run.  Looking forward to your replies.  [Smiley]

--Paukki

if i'm not being now, when am i being?
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / 2nd obe on: April 21, 2003, 23:48:25
Listened to track 2 of cd1 of the MRI "Gateway Experience" one night, (using a variation of Frank's phasing method),  followed by a track on another cd, (Dr. Jeff Thompson stuff/Neuroacoustic Technologies website).  Ha.  Then rolled over thinking, "Now forget everything you've learned; just follow the drift, so to speak."  Ha.  Before long there were hypnogogic images flitting in and out, followed by realizing I was "floating" at the foot of my bed, looking back at my body under the bedcovers.  I must have slipped out in about the same position my body was in, because I was at mattress level and couldn't see my head beyond the hump of the rest of my physicality.  Felt free, felt great, was ready to roll right through the door, fully equipped with a loving and adventurous mindset. Except I couldn't get turned around from seeing my body!  I would try and would briefly get pure darkness, then it was like a big rubber hook just whipped my vision back around to the same scene of my body lying there.  After a couple times of this, I came back into the physical, soon wondering if I had been seeing out the top of my 2nd body's head, (which was pointed at my physical body), and hadn't understood the spherical nature of oob sight.  Thus the problem with seeing and getting moving.  Hmm?  

--Paukki
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / First Full OBE on: January 24, 2003, 05:37:32

For those experienced yogis, mystics, astral travelers and the like who have the duty of reminding us of where our real focus should be at in this life, imagine I am now doing my nails on an emory board       while yawning and saying, "I had my first full obe tonight." For those overgrown 12-yr-olds like                    myself.....YeEEEEeeeHAAaaaAA! Ridem' cowboy! YeeEEEHaaa!  

Where: Master bedroom, propped-up about 120 degrees on bed.
Type: Academy of Remote Viewing/Influencing r.i. tape 6a, followed by Neuro-Acoustic “Psycho-Sensory Integration Series Program 2”
followed by “sleep”, (body asleep, mind awake, and silence).
Results: Some time after tape 6a took me down to delta, I lost track of most of what was going on in that tape, although at one point I have a vague recollection of thinking I had definitely reached a
timeless place. By the time it was done I felt very relaxed and noticed “dancing frog” (irregular heartbeat) was not, for the moment, noticeable at all. Then I punched the buttons to play the new Psycho-Sensory cd, (Center for Neuro-Acoustic research), but I wasn’t sure it was playing the right one, so I got up to check the machine. This program, too,was very relaxing. When it was over I decided to just let myself slip into deeper "sleep", but I continued to maintain a conscious awareness. At one point I felt myself "jerk" in the left arm, and Sox the kitty dug her claws in a tad to hold on, (I’d stuck her under the blanket where I knew she’d be comfy and still, and she was wrapped around my left arm), and I thought about what someone said
about pets causing “sticking” problems with projecting out of body. Nevertheless, I let Sox stay wrapped around my arm. Eventually it reached a point that I found familiar, having been there before,
but there weren’t any fear elements this time, (no doubt in large part due to the tape and cd). I decided what the heck, I’ll try rocking back and forth and see what happens, but I did this         back-to-front, not side-to-side, and I felt the slight“electro-sticky” feeling I sensed during a partial projection last spring, only this time....I GOT ALL THE WAY OUT!!! I was out of the bed--had somehow
landed on my feet at the foot of it. Felt very free, weightless, vision wasn’t too bad, but it was more "sensed" than "seen" and the freeness of it had my attention wayyy more than thought of looking at objects. At first I somehow expressed my appreciation that the One made this possible and asked, “Now what should I do?” In a wordless, really-sorta-just-seems-like-me-talking sort of way, it came to mind to, “How about check out the cat?” I leaned over the bed to pat where Sox had been and could tell she had moved, or it seemed that way. I wasn’t sure. (More on that later.) I didn’t even think of seeing my body, nor did I see it! (Was this to cancel the dangerous body double feedback I’d read about?) Anyway, I moved out the bedroom door without
any problem, and, sure enough! ...right there standing in the dinette area toward the living room was an entity that immediately reminded me of Astralpulse discussions about these entities that seem to be the same one, time after time, hanging out in the area like watching you. This was a male, some sort of black-hatted cowboy type, but I just barged my way through thinking, “Oh, no, ya don’t!” I was finally free and having fun and no rowdy cowboy was going to mess with my party! So he just vanished, or I walked through him and forgot about him. I got to the front door and briefly wondered if I should go out into the cold, deciding that I could, because I didn’t have to feel any cold. But first I sensed (more than saw) a door to my left, where
in actuality there are bookshelves packed with books. Had this idea that I could have great fun taking that as a portal to astral realms, but then remembered the warning that if you do too much on the first tries, you might forget everything that happened. (The "Alice in
Wonderland" effect.) So I went out the “real” front door. (Actually, by this time I had already done “too much”, but I ended up
remembering all of it, anyway.) Oddly enough, I made certain it wasn’t locked as I went out. And I was out! I looked up and saw stars. Immediately I wanted to fly. I bounced up and down a little and realized immediately that I definitely had flying ability, just like in dreams where I’ve done it, only this was BEING there, AWAKE. So I went way up above rooftop level. Once there, I realized while looking down that there was lack of clarity, so I commanded, “Clarity now!” Argh! This took me back to my body in bed, but then somehow I was right back up there over the house, and I could make out a little more. I started whizzing around a tree that was either in the wrong place, (another anomaly), or I didn’t realize I was across the driveway by the neighbor’s house. I flew up and back down, and around and around, and started remembering advice to move to different points by simply willing to go there. It worked. Then I was back in my body again. The cat had gone, but I had a hunch this was not really the waking world, but the secondary, or so-called “real time” world, and when I totally came out of it, I smiled as I found out I was right-- Sox was still wrapped around my left arm and had never moved!

note 1: As I typed this report, I wondered about the door. Mary Lou almost always locks it when she leaves for her Thursday fun time. She didn't tonight, and that's how I found it when I was oob and    reaching back around the door to check it.

note 2: We’ve had stormy winter weather for days. Today there were some very thin breaks in the overcast over by Clifty Pk., (east of the house), but not much more. So while writing this up I figured
I’d check the sky and find it overcast, and thereby prove that I had made it star-filled in the parallel,“real time” world, because I like it better that way. But when I went out and looked up, just now... voila! Stars!  

Love, peace, joy!
--Paukki
5  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Just a test on: January 17, 2003, 16:16:43
Testing 1, 2, 3.  Sheesh, it's taken me about a month to get through to Astralpulse.  We're upgrading our browser, but I think our local ISP has been kinda shaky, too.  Hope everybody's been having a blast!

--Paukki
6  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Got sleep music? on: November 29, 2002, 07:38:45
Hi.  I would much appreciate it if any of you would post what you have for a favorite tape or cd that you use for going to sleep.  My wife and I love Deuter's "Nada Himalaya", (lotsa bonging, binging, longtime vibrating bells), and have played it over and over.  It was quite a while before she heard the end of the cd because she always fell asleep before the end of it.  This kind of cd doesn't keep one's mind awake  with musically "chatty"  themes, much less startle you out of hypnogogia with raucous outbursts, know what I'm saying?  So if you highly recommend anything along a similar vein, thanks in advance!

--Paukki

7  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Can't...quite..get it! on: November 14, 2002, 07:46:07
Well, I did it again.  Once before I wrote about how I was dreaming of being at work and climbing a vertical ladder colored yellow, and I didn't have the strength to do it, and I realized all I had to do was let go and fall into dreamland fun.  Unfortunately I simply diffused whatever consciousness I then had as I fell into a floating softness like some sort of gumby doll sinking down into a pool of feathers, and I fell beyond dreams into deep sleep, I guess.  This time I was again climbing a vertical ladder colored yellow and I had even less strength, this time, and wondered if my heart were giving out.  Decided I'd better go back down before I fell down, and as soon as I touched the ground with one foot I said to myself, "This is it!"  Only I didn't fall DOWN, but I went UP....like a parachute made out of dandelion down, it was just very pleasant to experience.  Then I thought I woke up, along with my wife, and we were looking at our clocks on the headboard and realizing I was about 7 hours late getting up!  The irony of this is that I have been practicing, in everyday actuality, looking at clocks and asking myself, "What time is it?  Am I dreaming?"  Then I finally get a chance to ask this in a dream and all I can come up with is a "Wow, am I late!"  Back to the drawing board.
--Paukki

8  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Let go and...arrrgh! on: November 01, 2002, 23:04:06
This morning I was having yet another blasted dream about work.  I was climbing a yellow ladder--the stationary vertical type--and I was trying to carry something sorta under my left arm while climbing with my hands.  It wasn't working very well.  I began to realize I was losing strength and that I wouldn't be able to do it.  But then....aha!....I realized I could just let go of the ladder and let myself fall, yeehaaa!  ANd that would lead me to being able to project or fall through an astral portal and go to Adventure Land!  So I let go and fell off the ladder.  It was great, for about a few seconds, because I felt like I fell into a wonderful warmth and soft, floating feeling.  Unfortunately I must have dropped right down into dreamless delta.  Nuts.  Bah.  Humbug!  Well, there's always the next time.
--Paukki

9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Synchronous body jerking on: October 27, 2002, 06:56:59
Boy, that subject title sounds like a straight line "if I evah hoid o' one".  But anyway, ya know how when you're falling asleep, sometimes you feel like you're falling off a cliff or something and suddenly your body JERKS, (and you're wide awake again)? Hasn't Monroe, or Bruce or somebody written about this in the context of the return of the projected double?  We all get this, or I would think most people do.  Think I read an article, many moons ago, that explained it in terms of the medulla oblongata, or brain stem, and of how it "switches off" motor functions, (excluding heart & lungs), so that one doesn't harm one's self while dreaming.  ANYWAYYYYYY......what I wanted to say is that I've had a number of times, now, where I've experienced a SSI, (my acronym for Split Second Image, or hypnogogic image), in synchronization with a body jerk.  One time the SSI was of our brand new puppy trying to pull me "out of body", it seemed, by pulling on my right hand, and then she let go and the hand snapped back into my physical body, (and my hand and arm jerked noticeably).  Another time I had a SSI of quickly tossing a little red ball in the direction of a dresser by the bed, and when my SSI-arm snapped back into my physical arm, I got another noticeable jerk. Tonight I had a SSI of quickly flipping a frisbee and then allofasuddenthisguygrabsthefrisbeeandwham! tosses it back in my faced and my whole head jerks!  Anybody out there have this synchronous type of thing?  In relatively recent times I sometimes get to falling asleep and I experience a really MASSIVE JOLT right into the center of my torso, (while lying on back or on stomach), and I swear the bed bounces up and down with my body, the jolt is so heavy-duty.  I'm curious what would be in sync with that.  Maybe it's my projected double running away from astral boogymen?  Or maybe thinks he's going to be late for midnight snacks?
--Paukki

10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Thanks for Heightened Hopes on: October 10, 2002, 08:09:02
Your discussions have been helping this guy out, and others too, I'm sure.  I feel a bit sheepish about stepping in here amongst a bunch of experienced people, but I have to say that one of the things that has helped me out a bit is the approach that we need not complicate things--that it's possible to get somewhere by keeping it simple, (though not everything you talk about sounds simple, but you know what I mean).  Like just two nights ago I went to bed and decided to just practice putting my focus on my brow chakra for a while, at the same time keeping a low-key running commentary, (mentally), on what I was seeing.  Nothing more than that.  First there was a little dully glowing blob of light.  Then maybe a fuzzy line here, a more distinct hypnogogic image there.  After some undetermined period of time, there was a tunnel.  I've had a few of these, but this one was different.  I successfully got closer to it.  It wasn't cylindrical, but faceted, and the facets had louvres, or vanes.  Very vivid image--I'd have to take a class in mechanical drawing to do it justice with pen and paper.  Tonight I listened to a rv tape for 45 minutes while focusing on the brow chakra under a 15 watt fluorescent lamp, (part of a recommended process).  Tape ended and suddenly my face was vibrating like crazy, (thought it had to be shaking physically)--I mean, my whole head felt "juiced"-- and the little purple blob I often see was brighter and taking over my entire field of vision, with things beginning to undulate, or "surface" from within it, (such as something with a symmetrical, quilt-like pattern).  This was a big breakthrough, for this greenhorn, and though I lost it before too long, I thank you guys for leading me along, here.  Hope others are paying attention to you, also.
--Paukki

11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Did you try hard, really hard, (or harder),to OBE? on: September 24, 2002, 07:41:26
Hi there,
I'm just curious as to how hard YOU worked at getting your first OBE.  To start things off, I'll say that I first started looking into the idea maybe over a year ago, but I didn't really start taking it seriously until the past half year or so.  I have yet to have a full OBE, (that I know of, or remember), but I've had a partial or two, some obvious pre-OBE symptoms, a number of dreams with flying in them, and a few dreams about OBE itself.  It seems that I get closest when I least expect it, like napping or going to sleep for the night, but conscious efforts are like......well..........welllllll.........up an down and never quite there, I guess.  I just finished reading Bruce's "Astral Dynamics", and even though he had OBEs when he was 3 and 4 years old, it took him quite an effort to get back into it, later in life.  (To read what he went through when finally re-experiencing an OBE, it danged near sounds like he was giving birth to himself!)  Considering the latter testimony, sometimes I wonder about the occasional comment that says "you're trying too hard".  Perhaps one is trying too hard >>in the WRONG WAY<<, and not hard enough >>in the RIGHT WAY<<, eh?  LIke I wonder if I should be much more disciplined about using N.E.W., but, (sigh), I have a full-time job that is fairly physical, (sometimes moreso...sometimes brutal!), and it isn't easy to fit everything in.  And I'm married.  Anyway....any comments?

---Paukki
"....I'm goin' mobile......keep me movin'!"

12  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / 24 years of "voices" on: September 14, 2002, 04:48:10
Hi there.  This is my very first post in this forum and I hardly know where to start.  So I'll not beat around the bush and I'll get right to it and  say that I have been hearing "voices" for almost 24 years and have not found out what they are with any certainty, much less rid myself of them.  They are generally benign.  I have pretty much learned to ignore them.  I suppose I could go the rest of my life ignoring them.  They are generally banal.  Only on very rare occasions do they actually grab my attention.  When I was a practicing evangelical (independent/non-denominational) type Christian a couple of decades ago,  (not any more...now I like the idea of pan-holistic spirituality, which is much broader in scope),  I brought up the matter and got nowhere.  A number of close relatives know about it.  I've had several sessions with a local theta-healer, but she is uncertain about it.  I >>haven't<< been to shrinks about it, (although ironically enough, Army shrinks thought I was hearing them a year before they actually kicked in!)  Tend not to trust shrinks.  Plus if my company found out about it, would I be out of a job?  See, I can operate quite normally in this condition.  But I often wonder if it is powerfully integrated with a "stabalized" sort of paranoia/self-centered dynamic that I often get in situations when I am around numbers of people.  I've read PPSD, the stuff about core images and that, but I've only been back at meditation and higher consciousness work for a little over a year, and I'm still looking for feedback before I buckle down and possibly get very serious about dealing with "voices".  PPSD had a list of things to watch out for when avoiding Negs, and at the top of the list was "Associations".  My "voices" began suddenly and unexpectedly about Dec. 1, 1978, during a time when I was associating with some people in my tiny hometown who were members of the Hollywood Actors' Union.  One of them got me involved in the local Community Theatre.  They toyed around with seances, (I didn't), and I don't know what else.  I smoked pot with them, (but been off it for over 20 years).  One of them loaned me the book "Seth Speaks", a well-known bit of channeling many of you've probably heard of.  Getting my drift?  There's more I could give in terms of background material, but this is lengthy enough for the time being.  Maybe I'm a bit scared of really confronting this, but I have this idea it is blocking my upward progress generally.  Thanks in advance for any feedback you can give.
--Paukki

13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Frightening experience on: December 31, 2003, 07:06:14
Hey Kundalini,
I do a lot of lurking in Astral Pulse and not a lot of writing, but your post nudged me to jump in for a bit here.  I've had 6 oobe's over the last 7 months or so.  They've all been very short.  Usually I don't get very far.  When I think about some of the things I've read about oobe's, it seems to me that I have just barely budged into the lowest levels--the level where people dream and where people who don't realize they've died wander aimlessly.  Maybe you've read some of the veterans talking about seeing neighbors or whoever in this low realm, but they are largely "asleep" and don't respond very well, if at all.  Add to that the warnings and advice about realizing that your thoughts and emotions are all out on the table when you go oob and that what you think and feel can manifest uncontrollably, and you can see how confusing things could get--especially when you throw in that "blank check" explanation about the subconscious mind taking over--for whatever reason, like discussions in this topic about repressed anger manifesting.  Others talk about learning to project directly into the Astral and just leapfrog the parallel "real time" (or "sync time"?) level, dream level, (how many levels can a veteran leapfrog?)  My last oob I finally just went seemingly up and up and up and just surrendered my intent totally to love and, unlike all the previous experiences, entered a non-worldly environment of three-dimensional deep purple, followed by seeing little clay-like spheres floating around my visible hands.  Then the whole experience "collapsed" back into the parallel, "real time" world and got a bit disturbing.  Had I really finally popped past the lowest level?  Wouldn't you like to?  Although it surely would be fun to scoot around the neighborhood/county/country/world/solar system a bunch, even if it were just "real time" stuff.  <sigh>  Progress seems so slow!  Did I really do that?  It seems like a dream!  Well, I was in San Francisco last summer and that seems like a dream now, too, but I know I was there.  I know I was conscious there.  The same with my oobe's.  Surely we can look forward to moving about less subject to the ups and downs of those turbulent thought-energies that lie beneath the tip of the everyday iceberg.
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / the void (the nothing) "vacant stillness" on: September 04, 2003, 19:15:11
Ever read Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now"?  I have the audio book and have listened to it maybe 7 times.  Eckhart prefers the word "Being" to use of the word "God", (the latter being bogged down in millenia of misuse), and he also refers to this Being/state of Being as "no-thing."  (Maybe you've noticed how people like to put hyphens between syllables these days--it draws attention to meanings within words.)  Your "true self" is a part of the "no-thing".  It is not of form, which is illusion.  Englightenment, in Tolle's use of words, is awakening from your "mind", or ego-centeredness.  But this ego  is extremely slippery and will do all kinds of things to keep from losing its ego-centricity. (There's another one of those hyphens!)  Like maybe making you afraid of The Void, afraid of the state of "no-thing"?  

In Gerald O'Donnell's remote viewing and remote influencing tapes, http://www.mindsafari.com/
, there are points where the listener, (after having been carefully brought to a Theta mind state), is told such things as "You are the light!" and "You are the void!"  And one is told, as one is led to expand and to become this light, this void, to let it go to infinity, etc., etc.  I've been a bit puzzled how, in the intro to the R.V. course, the listener is told about how very few in history have managed to reach the Delta state and sustain that, and in fact it seemed a bit spooky to even consider it, yet in the R.I. course one is supposedly brought to the Delta level fairly easily.  (Others might say, "Ya, well, you do this every night when you fall into deep sleep."  But I'm talking about sustained consciousness within Delta, here.)

It just seems kind of ironic to me to have been exposed to all this "you are the void!" stuff, (not that I've come away with that experience, mind you), and here is someone terrified of....the void?  (Was it really the void?  Or was it the supposed "Lord, your creator" that Robert Monroe encountered and responded to with amusement, in his 3rd and final book, "Ultimate Journey"?)  Anyway, just some food for thought.

--Paukki
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / , on: July 03, 2003, 17:40:23
quote:
Of course, the cycle of reincarnation takes millenia for most people until they can reach a level of perfection where reincarnation is no longer necessary. Very few have attained such exalted levels as yet

This reminds me of P. Yogananda's "Autobiography of a Yogi", wherein he also states that it may take an extremely long time, such as we call time, for most of us to attain cosmic consciousness.  Would you believe "a million years of normal, diseaseless evolution"?  He also claims that, assuming one is using constant, intelligent self-effort at it, the "kriya yoga" meditation that he came to the U.S. to teach can cut this huge chunk of time down to, <voila!>, 3 years??!!!  Gosh, and I remember reading someone in this forum who griped about having tried to get oob for a week, <gasp!>, and it took a whole 'nother week to succeed, <damn!>

--Paukki  

Life is funny, life is strange,
Aren't we all a bit deranged?
16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Recent Experiences on: June 24, 2003, 12:46:49
Hey, if Monroe is right there might be 6,000 people out there who could fly around like he did, and 600 who have powers beyond our imagination, and none of them want to talk about it/become exposed publicly.  Understandable.  Lucky for me, I've managed to eke-out an obe 3 lousy times, (actually not lousy, but you know), so I'm ready to yap my bottom off about 'em, hahahaha!  There were pre-obe partial exits or near-launch experiences that included a brief reexperiencing of my childhood fear of vampires.  Guess you could call it a "dweller on the threshold" experience.  (Say...did anyone notice the brief movie clip from "The Brides of Dracula" that was in part of "The Matrix: Reloaded"?  "Brides" was a film that had me paranoid about vampires from about age 6 to age 13.  I loaned a tape of "Brides" to a niece and nephew, and of course being modern kids, they found it highly laughable.)  Anyway, by my first full exit I was, I think, tired of the partial experiences and all the fear & dweller crap, so when I got oob and saw a sinister looking guy in my dinette, I just was in no mood to tolerate any roadblocks, (and he became a non-factor).  Maybe I'm saying when you've had enough, you'll move on to the next experience.  But then I'm not one of those special 6,000, (maybe Frank is, eh?  Hey wow, neat!  And what's RB doin' going public, if he's one of 'em?  Hahahaha!)  Anyway, happy journeys!

--Paukki
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Quieting the surface mind on: June 19, 2003, 07:55:02
Seems like not too long ago I was reading in the Astral Pulse forums, or somewhere similar, about the difference between subvocal thought, (wherein you might even catch you tongue mouthing the words),  and...oh, shoot, what was it...the endless thoughtstream below that?  Something in that neighborhood.  This hit me because I was listening to Judith Orloff, (well known psychiatrist/intuitive), on tv one night, and she was telling the audience about how she doesn't >totally< blank-out all thoughts, but that they fade away into the background.  There's a state one can reach wherein the usual "tape loops" just seem like a distant merry-go-round, (which is still going 'round and 'round, but it a long way from the center of the cyclone...the calm spot where YOU are at!)

--Paukki
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / I DID IT! first concious projection in a year! on: June 18, 2003, 12:41:57
Fun stuff!  Hope to see more soon!

--Paukki
19  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Summerland? on: May 07, 2003, 21:34:53
quote:
I was a little discouraged about this after reading the Robert Monroe's book in which it is told that there is no such thing as God.

Vicky, greetings....where did you get this understanding about Monroe?  I've read all 3 of his books, (presently rereading the 2nd one), and that's not what I came up with.  Check out chapter 16 of "Ultimate Journey" and you will find there that he writes what he describes as "These to me are knowns....This, Our Creator..."  (and then he lists things about the Creator).  

Is it possible you pulled something out of context?  

--Paukki
20  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Summerland? on: May 07, 2003, 02:24:17
quote:
At first I told people about them, but then most people in the church told me that it was evil and of the devil.

Saw a "Profile" show on Dr. Raymond Moody, (famed NDE-compiler), on
"The Wisdom Channel" one night.  When asked about how and why there were the negative reactions to his research, (reactions such as the one quoted above), he compared it to the mapmakers of long ago--when the extent of known geography ran to the edge of the drawing and no one knew what was beyond that point, the cartographer would write next to the edge, "And here be  dragons."  

--Paukki
21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Summerland? on: May 02, 2003, 01:01:44
quote:
My problem lies more with the established christianity lets call it "churchanity" for the purpose of differentiating.

Interesting.  I quit what I came to call as "churchianity" in the spring of 1981.  Your word for it is just one letter different!  [Smiley]  No doubt a million or millions of people have come up with the same sort of word.  So, I'm curious...were you a "maverick" missionary working on your own, or did you have some kind of support group?  If you don't want to discuss this, that's fine--just curious.  You know, it was 20 years before I even dared to >>think<< about looking into astral projection/oobe's, and it was another year or so before I got serious about it.  This was mostly because the subject is not exactly on the front burner, collectively speaking, but also because those oldtime religios taboos, ("Don't tamper with the spirit world!  You'll get haunted, maybe even possessed!"), were strongly embedded in my psyche.  I think these are serious issues, in the sense that if someone is "programmed" to think that way, you don't want to force oob type stuff on them and thus possibly lead them to some form of self-punishment, pre-programmed Neg experiences, etc.  Sure, there might be fears to face--I've had some interesting experiences--and some individuals report some really negative stuff.  Probably not a good idea to venture "overseas" without at least some knowledge about what the heck you're doing.  Human beings are exploring and terribly curious creatures, though, so I don't think fear, (and use of fear), is going to hold us back.  

--Paukki
"Damn the torpedoes--full speed ahead!"
22  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Summerland? on: May 01, 2003, 14:06:27
quote:
I am interested in weather other Christians are Projecting and how they incoperate it into their belief system.

Welcome, Mustardseed!
This writer was raised Lutheran and was in and out of various similar versions of the USA brand of evangelical and charismatic Christian circles.  Presently I tend to believe that Jesus was a man whose ego became totally dissolved in "Being"/the Creator/Essence-of-us-all, etc., but that organized religions generally have gone off on a variety of tangents that tend to obscure the breadth, heights, and depth--and simplicity-- of the message.  Entering upon conscious pursuit of non-physical exploration is, to me, a step away from "mere belief" and toward "knowing", in addition to quite possibly being a fairly obvious  manifestation of mankind's need to evolve to a higher degree of consciousness.  (I mean, isn't it likely that the numbers of projectors is growing rapidly?  Not that I've heard any surveys recently, although that would be interesting.)   [Smiley]

Perhaps you've come across some of those who talk about the difference between "knowing" and "belief systems", perhaps not. The evidence piling up along these lines certainly seems to suggest that the dark glass that we've been looking through is getting less dark, (as I'm sure you're familiar with the NT quote about "we see through a glass darkly.")  

Lately I've listened to an audio book called "The Power of Now", (by Eckhart Tolle, a "modern mystic"), around 6 or 7 times.  I find it interesting that he says "no one was ever enlightened by an out-of-body experience", although he does admit to its ability to give one an idea of the freedom involved.  Like Dr. Thomas J. Chalko, ("The Freedom of Choice"), Tolle underlines the importance of being in your physical body--that that's where the transformative action is taking place.  I think Chalko said that being in his physical body, today, NOW, is the best choice he can make (today, NOW), but this should be understood as coming from someone who has done a ton of meditating and has been "way out there", obe-wise.  Many of us feel like we have barely begun to exercise our power of choice.  Including this writer.  

Have fun!   [Cheesy]

--Paukki
23  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / What happened? on: May 01, 2003, 13:40:51
Hey Nay,
The "Clarity Now!" command worked on my first time "fully out", (only had that twice, that I know of), but it was odd because after the command I seemed to pop back into my bedroom and physical body for a second, and then I was back up in the air above the house, (where I'd been floating).  Happy hovering! [Cheesy]

--Paukki
24  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / is this what im suppose to feel on: April 28, 2003, 13:21:58
quote:
I've also noticed strange sensations in my hands in meditation.

Many moons ago I used to meditate a lot with all my fingertips joined, (left hand to right), and feeling each fingertip in repeated sequence, while focusing on the brow chakra.  The oddest thing would happen--if I kept at it, eventually it felt as if my hands had become "giant" and my head was encapsulated within them!  It was so odd to me then, that I would grin and sometimes feel on the verge of giggles.  Nowadays I haven't had a repetition of that same sensation.  Anybody had this or know anything about what that sort of thing indicates?

--Paukki
25  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Do animals have consciousness like we and spirit on: April 24, 2003, 22:14:00
It's also been said that dogs and cats (and also little kids and who knows how much else) have brainwaves mostly in the theta and delta frequency.  Theta has been said to interface with "The Universal Mind", (delta?)  Not that I've proven this to my own daily conscious self.  But it might explain some of the more esoteric stuff about cats and dogs and whatnot.
Pages: [1] 2 3