The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. February 26, 2020, 08:37:27

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: How do you pick your close freinds? on: August 03, 2016, 02:09:39
In all honesty, I don't necessarily "Pick" my close friends. I feel closer to some than I do others. I feel like I can enjoy the company of some people more than others. I specifically say feel because I don't know how else to truly explain it. And like the first post said, you will lose a lot of very close friends along the way. That is simply an inevitable thing in life. I'm currently in a rush and I can explain more later if you need just send me a reply.
2  The Astral Library / Welcome to Book Reviews! / Re: Book i want feedback on on: July 26, 2016, 14:34:55
I like this books. They are written well and contain a lot of content. I liked a lot how he described how you should proceed if someone dies.

All of these authors are really good and they write about their own experience but please remember that this is their experience not yours. Your non physical travels may or may not be the same as theirs.

In which book does he describe what to do after someone dies? I am just now hearing of this author as I am new to AP.
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Why the Rope Tech. doesn't work for most people on: July 25, 2016, 22:00:16
Well, I'd probably focus on just one thing at a time... pick the one which you feel will hold your focus the best.  If it doesn't work, switch.  Smiley
You misunderstand, the entire point of watching your breath is to give your mind something to focus on. 
It *IS* your focus.  If you're not watching your breath, then you need to find another focus.

Basically, it doesn't matter WHAT you focus on, just so long as it's something which can hold your attention for extended periods of time.

You actually CAN use body parts to focus on.  WHAT you focus on doesn't matter... it can be, literally, be anything.  For example, if you want to place your entire focus on the big toe of your left foot.  As long as you're focusing on that to the exclusion of everything else, then it WILL work for you to project with.

Its good you cleared that up, I was in a dilemma after reading Phildans comment haha
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Going with the flow on: July 25, 2016, 12:29:36
What does NP stand for if I may ask?
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Why the Rope Tech. doesn't work for most people on: July 25, 2016, 11:22:09
In the end, the technique/method you use, isn't really as important as the "focus" that technique/method provides you with.

http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2015/01/21/design-effective-astral-projection-technique/

You could probably say that the "Focus" you choose to use to project with *IS* the technique/method, since that's really all that differs between EVERY SINGLE technique out there.

Thanks Xanth. I tend to focus on my breathing and the blackness while my eyes are closed. Is it fine to focus on two things like that or should I try to focus primarily on one or the other?
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Why the Rope Tech. doesn't work for most people on: July 24, 2016, 12:35:43
Privex, I only use two techniques, if you want to call them that.  The first is conversion of a lucid dream into an OBE.  I don't recall which of the dozens of books that I've read that I got it from.  In essence, I stabilize the LD: "Lucidity now.  Awareness now."  Pretty standard there.  Then I simply stop.  I allow the dream to fade by not interacting with it, but always maintaining awareness, if necessary by fiddling with my hands as a focal point.  I tell myself that I want to go to my highest possible level of awareness.  I suppose it's a type of meditation within the LD.  My scene changes around me.  Sometimes I go into the void and then go to a location.  Sometimes I just go to a new location.  I don't know why one or the other.

Some would say that I simply re-initiated another lucid dream.  But if you have had both an OBE and a lucid dream, you can recognize intuitively the difference.  My interpretation is that an OBE is not as willy-nilly thought responsive, that the surroundings are more stable, if that makes sense.

The only other method that I use is a meditative approach.  Lucid dreamers like to call it a WILD: a wake induced lucid dream.  To me, if you pass from the physical world into the non-physical world without transitioning through sleep, then you're not in a Lucid Dream, unless your perspective is Buddhist of course.  Then again, I believe that all dreams are OBEs.  The only real difference from a cognitive perspective is the degree of lucid awareness, thus the above approach.

If you want more details, you could simply look up WILD.  But for a brief description here: I sit down (I use a lounge chair rather than my bed).  I relax my body.  I tell myself to go to sleep.  I watch as this starts to happen, just to make sure that I am indeed relaxed enough for the process to take place.  If my mind is too wandery, my body will be as well, and I'll maintain an undercurrent of tension that will thwart the process.  

The next step is hard for me to describe, but essentially I put myself into a passive, watchful state, which is why I call it a meditative approach, because I just observe my body and mind as they drift toward sleep.  I very quickly lose track of my body, though I almost never recognize any sleep paralysis.  I may have the slightest bit of vibration, but nothing more.  I slowly start to see images come into my mind's eye that take on a more and more 3D perspective rather than what you would normally see when reviewing a memory.  I just observe.  Eventually, the image is full blown in front of me and I step into it... if you can remember the feeling when you are in a non-lucid dream and you transition into lucidity, then you know what it feels like here, as if your unfocused world suddenly resolves into a much finer image.  Many times the initial images that pop up are very tight focus, very single focus almost, with blurry surroundings.  If I try to push myself into these images, which I really want to do sometimes because of how beautiful they are, I tend to knock myself out of the process.  You don't have to force the transition if your mind is ready.

I am a very visual person, so the experience is oriented that way for me.  Some people talk about hearing this and that or smelling something, but those aren't even on the periphery for me.  Although on occasion I'll get what feels like a jab, or our house's ghost cat walking over me.  But that's a whole other story.

Hoped this helps a little.  You can find very similar advice in a number of posts I believe, as what I'm sharing isn't breaking new ground.

Thanks for the in depth explanation. I have actually been thinking about trying that first method recently. Might give it a shot now that I know someone actually consistently uses it.
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Why the Rope Tech. doesn't work for most people on: July 23, 2016, 12:53:47
May I request that you briefly explain the steps you take to have an OBE?
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Any Life lessons/messages to share with the younger? on: July 21, 2016, 17:56:49
I'm quite young myself but some things I like to remember are these,

Don't let other's opinions of you change who you are.

Don't be afraid to try new things, you might end up finding yourself along the way.

Don't allow yourself to be influenced by other's actions.

Don't allow your ego to control your true self.

Last but not least, if you wish to change the things around you, you must first change yourself.

A lot of do nots in there but they're just as valuable as dos in my opinion Tongue
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: How May I Build Patience? on: July 21, 2016, 17:48:05
Alright I will definitely give those a shot. Thank you all for the quick and useful responses.
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: How May I Build Patience? on: July 20, 2016, 21:39:18
My guess is that maybe, You are not so relaxed compared to your "new" surroundings. It is like you're familiar with a place - your regular home - where you can you know... be on the toilet easily without distractions and at a different place, where you are new that is harder. Like you are watching for every little distractions or expecting sudden noises. Maybe simply you are not feeling that familiar feeling compared when you are really at home.

That may be true but I was also experiencing some patience problems before I left for Turkey. I actually cut my meditation down from 25 - 30 minutes to 10 - 15 because I couldn't clearly focus my mind and I was being easily distracted.
11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / How May I Build Patience? on: July 20, 2016, 14:21:16
I want to first start this topic by sharing my experiences:

The first day I got into AP, I was extremely relaxed almost all the time. I tried Astral Projecting every day for about a week straight. On the fifth or sixth day, I was able to reach the vibration stage for the first time. I believe I was able to reach this stage because since I was extremely relaxed at the time, I was patient enough to not anxiously wait for any stages if that makes any sense. I simply let things happen as I was laying down. I would sometimes attempt AP as long as two hours.

After that week, I began my summer job working at a warehouse and it was extremely tiring. I tried to AP when I got home from work but I fell asleep every time. I decided to wait until I was done working but now I am out of the country. I tried APing here in Turkey, but now I find that I am having an extremely hard time relaxing. Even while meditating, I simply get impatient after ten or fifteen minutes.

I used to naturally be very good with patience but it seems that lately it has been slipping away. Does anyone have any tips that I may use to help grow my patience?
12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: LDing for Idiots -- Senses Initiated Lucid Dream (SSILD) on: July 01, 2016, 09:27:36
This is an extremely thorough explanation. I am definitely going to try this tonight and see how it goes. Thank you!
13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: FILD Technique (very high success rate) on: June 30, 2016, 05:32:20
I couldn't fall asleep while trying this method. I had napped after work and seemed to have trouble sleeping at night time while moving my fingers. After about two hours I thought I just might not be sleepy enough for it to work and stopped trying and fell asleep shortly after. Didn't nap after work today so I'm going to be trying it again. Wish me luck!
14  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hey there! on: June 29, 2016, 07:00:30
Thanks, I'll check that out.
15  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Hey there! on: June 28, 2016, 17:37:03
Hey guys and gals,

My name is Nurullah though I prefer Noah as it is easier to remember for most people. I am 18 years old and live in Illinois. Some of my hobbies would consist of various sports, reading, and gaming. I discovered what astral projection was a couple of weeks ago and though I haven't been able to successfully project quite yet, I feel that I am getting considerably closer to it. I found this website as I googled a couple of questions that I had about AP and it sparked my interest that there was an actual forum on the topic. I hope to eventually AP and share my stories with everyone.

Here's the only picture I could find of myself. This is from when I was either 16 or 17 I believe. (I know, I look like a dad)
Pages: [1]