The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 20, 2019, 12:26:34

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20
101  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: So what happens after the vibrations? on: December 28, 2009, 19:59:42

Since I have never projected yet (I've only been able to enter sleep paralysis), it's been bothering me to wonder exactly happens after the vibrations then?

First of all, please don't hold any hard expectations on this. Vibes may not occur for everyone or everytime.
If they come, they are sure sign of disconnecting from the physical body. As others have said, after they become smooth and finally vanish, you will feel different, as if not in this world and light as a feather.

If they come and go, and you feel ordinary, like, the body is heavy and you can feel the breath and heartbeat, then you need to relax once again. The projection was aborted due to some reason in this case.

If they don't come and you still feel a 'shift' and lightness, you are already out....
102  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Can't go through walls.. on: December 28, 2009, 19:48:50
One trick that works for me is to walk backwards into a wall. The habitual resistance is not there as you don't know where the wall is. You will be on the other side without noticing the solidity of the wall.
103  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I need a bit of help... on: December 28, 2009, 19:37:35
I'd call that a good obe Smiley So congrats !

When the energy is low and affirmations are not working and you see distortions or are completely blind, you can do two things to make the experience a bit fruitful instead of wasting it completely in struggle and confusion.

1) Check you lucidity level, if its muddy or dreamy, try clearing the mind up by concentrating on the situation. But be careful too much of trying can bring you back. Keep calm.

2) Remain where ever you are and instead of trying to move in a 'physical style' (walking, gliding or whatever), will yourself in some other place. Risk here is that you may end up creating a lucid dream.

3) Remain there and study the environment carefully (if you are a scientist kind), check how things look, or how touch feels, if you can see your body, any other bodies. Practice going back and coming out again and again, sort of live training for future.

Ok thats three things ... wish you all the best !
104  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Shinzen Young on Youtube on: December 19, 2009, 22:13:18
Shinzen Young on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/expandcontract

If you prefer pure, distilled and straight forward spiritual guide, he is the man. He describes everything in a simple rational way, without the bells and whistles or cultural baggage that sometimes comes along with eastern spiritual traditions.

All of his videos are highly recommended. Enjoy ! Smiley
105  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Mind Awake Body Asleep assistance please! on: October 13, 2009, 20:39:35

So here's what I need help with:  The idea of phasing comes pretty naturally to me.  I read over Major Tom's "focus 10: mind awake/body asleep" thread and feel that I understand most of the markers for a true mind awake/body asleep state.  I start by focusing my attention into the blackness just beyond my closed eyes, in a matter of minutes I've already phased considerably from my physical body to my inner eye seeing all sorts of pictures and visions like a movie real is now running at fast forward through my minds eye.  My limbs all feel heavy, like they're made of lead, and distant.  I don't really feel them any more, just slightly aware of their heaviness.  Because of my experience with NEW I can do a quick all over the body check to see if there is any remaining tension...sometimes I hold a teeny bit of tension around my eyes, but as soon as I become aware of it, I can easily relax all of those muscles.  My breathing at this point has become very steady, and I've passed the point where I am continually wanting to swallow every few seconds.  And this is where I stay, often for more than an hour.

That happens to me a lot. Almost 8 out of 10 times, I end up like that. If I try to let go, I fall asleep. I guess this is a common problem. But nothing to worry about.

What happens here is that your mind has taken a different route than what it takes every night while going to sleep. It ends up in a state where the normal progress from awake to asleep is broken, and you get stuck. By letting go, you steer your mind on the path of normally falling asleep, and the result is, obviously, you fall asleep without any awareness.

This is an act of maintaining a fine balance. Whether or not you remain on the edge depends on many things, I don't know for sure, but I guess, juices in the brain, your daily mental life, practice, position in the bed, affirmations etc etc all contribute. Our objective should be to be independent of these conditions and to be able to project under all conditions. Yes, that is difficult.

Swallowing and being aware of surrounding noises means that your mind is overactive and is in a state of tension, like waiting for something to happen. It is quiet but is impatiently looking around. Not a good state to be in. In this case you can try diverting your attention to ringing sound in the ear and wait or else try imagining a scenario like the phasing method, so that the mind has something to do, while body does its thing.

If you find that letting go makes to fall asleep fast then the timer method is for you. Raising your forearm method is another option. I'm myself struggling to find some solid solution to this problem, so I don't know if these suggestions will work for sure.
106  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Astral Simulator on: October 10, 2009, 12:29:37
Anyone who is interested in creating a game (of any kind) should take a look at Irrlicht, which is a great free open source 3D engine and is also very easy to use. (Both Windows and Linux).

http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/

107  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Physical..Etheric..Astral..Mental? on: October 07, 2009, 14:53:11

What if I don't really want an afterlife?  I guess I view life as an ongoing sentence... 

If you see there are two assumptions here - one that there is an afterlife and that life is a sentence of some sort. These are pretty big assumptions. Unless you have some concrete evidence for these, take it lightly.

Some people imagine afterlife as a replica of physical life, where there are people (spirits), places, animals, angels and what not. But are you so sure ? Its like a blind man imagining colors, who has never seen any. What if the afterlife is just pure existence devoid of any experience ?

What if, you can't meaningfully exists without creating some sort of reality or without participating in one that is already created ? It is possible that you get stuck with a reality that matches with your level of spiritual evolution. So if physical world appears as a sentence, its your own ignorance that's making it so. What if you can't leave a level without completing it, just like a computer game ?

You may choose to exist in nothingness for a million years, and when you finally decide that its too boring or is serving no purpose, you will seek a reality, heavy one (like this) or something much better, but you will find that you can exists only at a level according to your own spiritual development. For a million year you were stagnant , did not evolve, so most likely you will end up on earth again.

Its better to learn whatever this life has to offer and move on, that's what I've learnt.

108  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: "Shove" sound - exit sensation? on: October 05, 2009, 14:04:12
Yes, I'm sure. This is my personal experience.

You can miss the exit only if you are not conscious enough and doze off into nothingness. You still project, but not consciously, like you do every night in sleep.

You are partly right that the 'etheric' body is already out when you hear this noise, as this noise is not physical in any sense, but you haven't separated fully yet.
109  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: New guy here..please help! on: October 04, 2009, 12:12:45
I used to be able to snap out of it by just mustering every ounce of strength in me and giving a mighty mental push to force myself out of it..but it is extremely draining...

The best way to escape out of SP is by breathing deeply for a few seconds or by moving your big toe. Fighting it is unnecessary.

If by AP Process you mean the process of getting out, then no, SP is the last part, you are already out of your body during SP and are aware of being awake but not being able to move the physical body. SP is Oobe, but with ignorance of being Oob.

AD is a good book, also read MAP by the same author.
110  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: "Shove" sound - exit sensation? on: October 04, 2009, 11:59:40
Yes this is the sound you are looking for. It sometimes waxes and wanes.
This signifies a state of mind which is just about to disconnect from the physical reality. If you stay aware and let it happen, you will find that it grows louder and louder and suddenly stops, this is when you are out.
111  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: 100% Lucidity in the Ethric Realm on: September 25, 2009, 15:08:23
Well, this is a classic case of obe for material gain Cheesy

I guess this should be possible. But it must be extremely difficult, as you don't see people doing it everyday, not even great masters of obe can do that. There is some hope though. I've heard of people healing their body (and bodies of others) during a projection. So if you are not happy with your body, you can try healing while projecting and see what happens. No harm in experimenting.

That will require a good command over projection, to say the least. So how good are you at that ?

I should warn you that once you get to that level of consistently projecting and healing and stuff, you'd lose all interest in superficial physical stuff like bodies and all. You will realize that these are illusory things and not worth bothering.

The catch here is that, to get to such a level you must become so spiritually evolved and pure that you lose all attachment to physical. Once you do that there is really no point in changing bodies or things in this world etc.
112  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Does the 'elbow/arm method' actually work? on: September 25, 2009, 14:50:00
The "falling arm method" (Wink) must be used only as a supplementary exercise.  I doubt it would lead to a WILD or OBE, but who knows. Its a good training for the mind.

The "body asleep - mind awake" state is fleeting and beginners find it difficult to maintain. For a normal person, who is accustomed to sleep every night in a usual manner, this state lasts for merely a couple of  seconds. The falling arm method trains the mind to become more aware of this state and to dwell there for a longer time. Its like learning to balance on a rope.

When you do it, try not to tense your arm, it must be balanced exactly and should remain in a natural pose, else you will find it tiring and painful. If its balanced you will see that no effort is needed to keep it up and no muscles are in tension.

113  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Hi, need help pls... on: September 23, 2009, 14:09:57
Lucid dream? OOBE? or none of them?

Hardly matters what you call them.
You can start with reading good books and websites on the topic and by practicing regularly. Thats all I can say for now.
114  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Hi, need help pls... on: September 21, 2009, 08:59:27
What help do you need ?
Any questions/problems ?
115  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Cool OBE last night on: August 09, 2009, 10:52:12
Very good trip, cool .........and you remember it all ...keep it up Smiley
116  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Advice Please on: July 31, 2009, 18:05:04
If you focus on breathing for too long, you will find that you are stuck with it. Once your mind is pointed at breathing and you have no stray thoughts left and you are relaxed, move your attention from the breath to the ringing sound in the ears. (its always there)

This will bring you into an area that is in between physical and astral. Relax more (yes, what he said above Smiley ) and the astral body goes into a sort of auto-pilot and gets out on its own. Don't lose lucidity during this, else you will enter a dream or deep sleep.
117  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Who created the Astral Planes on: July 31, 2009, 17:40:33
kurtykurt42,

Good question. May be the answer is 42. Lol Cheesy

Sometimes "No one knows" is a good enough answer. We are small.
You have the gift, explore...

And let us know if you find it.
118  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: People's projection techniques on: July 26, 2009, 14:26:42

3. To enter a trance, I quiet my mind (to the best of my abilities) and I visualize myself falling down a very deep cavern. Almost like a bottomless elevator shaft. As I'm falling, the light at the top quickly fades away . .

And that's as far as I get.

If something is not working , its better to switch to another technique.
I think you should replace this 3rd step with something else, like focusing on the noise in the ears and waiting till the body starts buzzing gently.
119  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Binaural Beats to Induce AP & Lucid Dreams......FAST! on: July 20, 2009, 15:45:00
You are welcome. Smiley
I hope many more shall find this info useful, that is the whole purpose of posting them.
120  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Binaural Beats to Induce AP & Lucid Dreams......FAST! on: July 20, 2009, 08:45:56

Where do you got your infos from?

Many travelers and spiritual teachers have written about this sound. Opinions range from pure science to pure new-age mumbo jumbo. Some do sound true. Take your pick.

http://www.astralvoyage.com/projection/internal_ringing.html
http://www.ringingsound.com/faq1.htm
http://www.spiritualawakeningradio.com/cosmicdial2.html
http://www.eurekasociety.com/roadtolife.htm
http://www.soundcurrentrider.com/SoundCurrent.html
http://www.edgarcayce.org/health/database/health_resources/tinnitus.asp
http://orgonesoulwork.blogspot.com/2006/11/about-that-ringing-in-your-ears.html
http://chakratribe.tribe.net/thread/331e3ed8-252f-4a0f-a91a-8c0be8dcb38e

In my personal experience, the ringing is always there and sounds like the high pitch of an old TV (the one only young can hear but old people can't).
It gets louder during meditation. First I focus on breath and when the mind is clear I switch to this ringing. It is constant initially, then starts changing, becomes modulated, morphs to voices, noises, and music. It usually ends with a big roar or a clicking sound and becomes totally silent, this is when I find myself out.
121  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Tayesin's book is now a free E-book on: July 19, 2009, 16:43:23
Hello Tayesin,

Thank you for giving away your lifetimes experiences for free Smiley
I have downloaded it and will read it soon. You can also publish it on http://www.scribd.com so that it goes out there in 'wild'.

If you believe in the law, when you give out to the universe you get 10x back from it.

122  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Binaural Beats to Induce AP & Lucid Dreams......FAST! on: July 19, 2009, 16:24:38
These beats and all are ok when you are simply trying to relax or focus your attention etc, but they will not cause an obe on their own. Its not magic. I feel simple white noise would be more effective.

For me personally, the most effective thing was earplugs. They bring on the obe symptoms very quickly.

Anyway, I won't recommend using these sounds (or drugs or electronics) as a permanent method for achieving what you want, except just for curiosity or entertainment.

The best way is the long cut - meditation and getting used to the signs of obe. It is permanent. (And free !!)

Btw, we have a built in mechanism inside our heads that leads to obe, its called the ringing noise. Its the noise which you here when there is complete silence. Focusing on this noise is a sure way of getting to the stage of separation.
123  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: what was this? on: July 17, 2009, 19:01:58
One way is to use a timer to bring you out of shallow sleep into a awake-asleep border repeatedly.
A beeper sounding every 4-5 minutes or a looped sound should work. (just like the saltcube tech)
124  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: what was this? on: July 16, 2009, 15:34:56
It was not a complete AP, and looks like you aborted it mid way.

Vibrations are your friend, they are harmless Smiley
If you keep passive during this stage, you will find yourself out within seconds.
125  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: First truly shocking experience on: July 15, 2009, 15:05:33
Awesome experience !

It has many elements of a typical obe and I don't think there is anything to be worried about.
Suggestions are really powerful, and more so when you let go of your primitive defenses. (such as fear of unknown and any biases). I had my first obe just by reading a book on obe and accepting whatever was written with a mild curiosity. Subconscious did the rest.

The voices and such are normal, you will get used to them and learn to ignore them. You have kick started your spiritual evolution. I wish to all the best. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20