The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 15, 2019, 07:42:07

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20
51  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: struggling on: March 13, 2011, 23:48:48

i imagine myself climbing out... i feel like its working but then as time passes by (maybe 3-5 minutes) i dont feel anything anymore.

any suggestions?

The rope is a difficult technique as it tends to bring your attention back into the body. You see, you must imagine using your body to climb, so you tend to focus on the arms and legs of actual physical body, which brings you back into the physical.

I'd advise try something more abstract which does not involve the use of muscles. E.g. imagine yourself as a point consciousness simply floating upwards, or try to recreate the feeling when you are on a swing and you close your eyes, that feeling. Or visualize how the room would have looked from a ceiling perspective.

About the noises, forget them, watch passively when they are there, they will pass. Its all random firings of neurons of which your brain in trying to make sense of. (This may not be true completely, but its the right belief to have at this point and its the case most of the times). If you assign a negative significance to noises, they will always creep you out and halt your progress. They are harmless anyway. It is counter productive to condition yourself negatively , take the noises as fun.
52  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: How can I bypass any remaining, yet undetectable doubt? on: March 13, 2011, 23:32:52

It's the fear factor, I guess... or doubt that has arisen that "I can't do it anymore because my mind has closed."

It is very important to keep an attitude of "Lets see what happens" or "I wonder if this is possible, lets see" or "Is it so difficult, let me try", and let the thing happen. Take it as a game, but a very important game, as if it must be done.

Too much anxiety , too much want and too much of any emotion will block you. Taking it too lightly or halfheartedly will also not work. Balance is the keyword...

Of course you can dissect bisect and postmortem your experience after it has happened, but judging it before or during will most likely end it.
53  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Very intense first attempt on: March 13, 2011, 23:24:46
it was pretty creepy not being in my body.. lol

You are fortunate to have such experience Smiley
Don't let the fear ruin your enjoyment and skill. All the best Smiley
54  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: A strange and annoying feeling in my chest/throat area. on: March 13, 2011, 23:21:16
I guess from your description that you are experiencing the energy movements (Prana), and it is normal. It can be intense sometimes and causes mild discomfort at the areas of "blockages".

It will become soft and even pleasant with regular practice. You should try to ignore the sensations or watch them passively, and if it becomes unbearable go ahead and rub the area (you will be out of trance if you move, but you can go back again).
55  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Advice on meditation techniques and some reading material? :) on: March 05, 2011, 12:57:20
There was similar post where I've posted some links:
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/discovering_your_higher_self_for_the_first_time-t33349.0.html;msg274744#msg274744

And Robert Bruce's AD is a simple and useful book and its free now:
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/robert_bruce_is_giving_away_astral_dynamics_ebook_for_free-t32828.0.html

A whole forum on AP books:
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_book_reviews-b34.0/
56  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Discovering your higher self for the first time... on: March 04, 2011, 11:05:23
Since you are starting on it, I'd recommend to learn directly from the source, that will save you a lot of time.

In olden days you either had to stay in India or surrender to a Guru who could visit west and speak English (and charge a huge sum). Now in the days of Internet, everything has changed. The real undiluted and uncorrupted knowledge is available for all.

Meditation is a huge area to explore. Like in every new field you can start with broad concepts. Wikipedia is a good place to start. The there is Google and books.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raja_Yoga

I found this online book recently , which is quite straight forward without the usual poetry and mystic language you find in Indian texts. I highly recommend it. It will answer most of your questions and its from horses mouth.
http://www.healthandyoga.com/html/readingroom/ays/ays1.asp
(The last 100 or so pages are religious stuff which you can skip)

Or you can start off like most others by reading and following the westernized versions of these techniques, such as Robert Bruce and Monroe. These can be a hit or miss thing, as its their own way of doing AP, but its approachable.

All the best . Smiley
57  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Dead Relatives/People on: March 01, 2011, 08:34:46
My simple advice - let go. Move on.

Your desire to help is causing the dreams. It takes a lifetime to accept spirituality, you couldn't have turned a seasoned person into someone of totally opposite nature on his deathbed. Realize this and accept.
58  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: My crazy experiences with OBEs in a nutshell on: February 27, 2011, 14:56:02
Welcome !
Great intro...

It seems you are poised for exploring this stuff systematically.
To start with you can get rid of those negs by becoming more aware and purifying your surroundings a bit. If these are imaginary your awareness will melt those images, if they are real they will give up on you and find someone else as you stop responding to their tricks by being totally aware and balanced.
59  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Trance State on: February 27, 2011, 14:40:33

How do professional projectors go into a trance before they project.

I don't really know how "professional" projectors do it. I can tell you how I do it. (I wish AP were a profession Smiley Teaching AP has become a profession though).

1- Lie down on your back , head supported, hands on side , fingers slightly curled.
2- Find tensed up areas in your body (like you are holding up your neck or pulling on your shoulders to keep hands from moving etc) and ease the tension.
3- Start focusing on the bottom of your feet, find a mild tingle there. Go towards the top very slowly and ultimately to crown of the head. (Thats kinda NEW thing from Astral dynamics). This should take away most of your attention from the body and now you should be alert but focused in head. (If you are still out-there, simply bring yourself back into head gently, again and again).
4- Focus on breathing, it should be calm and sleep-like. Do not try to manipulate it too much, it will go into an "auto" mode soon.
5- Withdraw your attention completely from breathing (this is important) and focus instead on the ringing sound in your ears. All this time your eyes should be relaxed and you should see blackness (reddish if daytime). Do not try to interpret the shapes or follow them.
6- Maintaining this state for a few minutes should take you into trance, while still aware. You should hear yourself breathing or sounds on the street etc but you will be "transparent" to them.

It will not be easy for those who are just starting (most fall asleep or are tortured by incessant internal monologue). Practice will make you perfect.   
60  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: any tips on: February 24, 2011, 15:08:50
would you mind saying a bit more about projecting / OBE through meditation? are there any links that have some info about this?

I don't think I'm very qualified to say anything on projections via meditative techniques because I've not YET projected during meditations. I've been lucky to have gotten a few OBEs by chance using the usual tricks just like you.

I guess you already know that there is no single technique which is titled "OBEs using meditation". Meditation is of many kinds, hundreds .....Still, I'd recommend any yoga (except bhakti and tantra) which focuses on energy-body development and mastering the altered states. (or similar buddhist techniques) .These techniques were developed centuries ago by experts who realized that the altered states like OBE were only a side effect of a much bigger process of conscious evolution.

Meditation (yoga or Buddhist) is not focused on achieving OBEs, it is a highway to spiritual evolution, of which OBEs are a minor part. The main focus is enlightenment. It is a life-style, which alters you totally. The main philosophy of yoga is cultivation of intense awareness, so much so that you are aware during sleep and even during death (and afterwards). Once you have mastered awareness in all states of being, OBE is a piece of cake. In fact it is a small "siddhi" which you will soon discard as an obstruction in the spiritual path. Smiley

Samadhi is also something of which I do not have first hand experience, but it seems that it is a state of intense awareness of nothingness. It is much deeper than an OBE focus, so I think it would be really easy to "fall" down to an OBE state, if one wanted to. It is not SP (which is only a temporary loss of physical attachment to the body, a hack which one can use for OBE)

I'd suggest that you continue to try WILD if it gives you results. I've found that it is too much dependent on factors that are not in your hand and too much is left to chance. Ultimate solution is to train your mind and body to go WILD at will, which is what I'm after and which is only possible through a yogic path.
61  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: any tips on: February 23, 2011, 11:17:56

it is interesting to note that i have found that staying conscious while falling asleep and meditation are fairly similar in their procedures

IMO, meditation is a more direct and scientific method to achieve an altered state that is commonly known as OBE in western world. People can get that state once in a while via WILD or what not but meditation is the proper and sure way to get there. Just like any other mental discipline it takes a while to master (=many years), but it is the best way unless you are extraordinarily talented (or have paramis/past life virtues) .

Nice to read your success story. Keep us posted. Smiley
62  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Does the ambient light affect your astral sight? on: February 20, 2011, 22:28:41
  Well they are not scary but they get me exited as I know that I am about leave my body

Fear, excitement or too much expectation will surely spoil your attempt. You must "re-program" these emotions into a feeling of curiosity and desire to know. Any expectations like - you will not be able to see in the dark or you will encounter something nasty, must be recognized as excuses of your body made in an attempt to protect you from danger, but no longer required here. It must be converted into - "Lets see what happens".

You must turn to "learn mode" as opposed to "battle mode". Its like a game. Smiley

How to reprogram ? One way is to sit still and mentally rehearse the AP attempt (do not actually attempt) and be aware of your emotions. The awareness must be intense, not simple day-today awareness. You should be aware of your thoughts at all moments. In this state you will know the source of your emotions and when they surface, you just deliberately induce a curious feeling to replace them. Try it again and again.

This training will help you when you actually attempt and you will find that you shift into AP passively without any fight with your body, once you master it.
63  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Pulse Island! / Re: Beavis is back - In 2002 I helped create Astral Pulse Island on: February 16, 2011, 14:13:47

Cool thanks. Smiley
Can't believe I missed this page :p
64  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Pulse Island! / Re: Beavis is back - In 2002 I helped create Astral Pulse Island on: February 15, 2011, 23:30:29

Why secretly?

Because I live in a society where people think this is crazy and make your life a little less comfortable.
Good to know you are at it , keep us posted on your progress.

Yes, Ben G is in the lead at this time and he is open to paranormal. I did not meet him but have exchanged a few Emails. He is a genius as well as a very friendly chap. There must be some AGI researchers who are hidden admirers of paranormal but who do not wish to become public (Its impossible to ignore paranormal when you are trying to create a mind).

Now about the 3D version of API, I see what you mean by extra entry points. Well everyone has his/her own version anyway. I will think more about it. In my recent attempt I could visualize the pyramid and zoomed in on its base. That was in trance not in OBE.

I think I also saw Frank Kepple there building things

Its interesting to know that you could do that. Does that mean you have seen him in real life or is there any picture of him somewhere online ? If yes, can anyone post a link. Maybe I could page him astrally to see whats up with him.
65  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Does sleepig without covers help? on: February 11, 2011, 16:08:15
You're referring to what people call the Higher Self?  Oversoul?  Etc? 

Gotcha.

No. I meant the subconscious part, which adapts to all external changes you bring about to keep yourself from going unconscious during sleep. It is programmed to put you to sleep, naturally, that is necessary for survival. You can fool it a few times, but it is smart enough to adapt.
Sorry guys for causing confusion with that poetic line.
66  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Trance State.... on: February 11, 2011, 16:01:23
If in that state you are still aware of your body, breathing and surroundings then you need to go "deeper" before anything can happen, else you can try visualization or exit techniques, if you are feeling disconnected from the body.

How to go deeper ? There are many methods, one thing you can do is focus on the blackness behind your eyelids, until you are totally oblivious of your body and surroundings. If the focus shifts every now and then (which it will) just bring it back gently. Takes some practice...
67  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Does sleepig without covers help? on: February 10, 2011, 19:53:33
He is your mind. Smiley
68  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: So its not technique but Memory that is the key??? on: February 10, 2011, 03:25:32

So my question is if memory is the key, why dont we see this stressed more than actual  technique???

Does anyone have any good recommendations, besides Robert B., that teach how to remember your OBE's???

Thanks!

I have to disagree with you here. If you struggle to remember your AP, then you have not APed at all.....

AP is an experience which you will never forget (unless you have too many of them, and you let go of some least interesting ones). It is so extraordinary and yet so real. You can argue about it being really "real" and all that spiritual stuff, but the experience itself is very real, in a sense that it really happens and that you are really experiencing it just as you experience anything in broad daylight. Where is the question of remembering it ?

Robert Bruce is a master of this art no doubt. By downloading memories he simply means - to remain aware of the process and not to get lost in a dream. If you do, then the whole experience will be remembered as a dream, or worst, will be forgotten as a dream. If you can't remember your OBE, then the only explanation is that you were not intensely aware throughout it (as other are saying above), and you had only glimpses of awareness and vaguely remember about it.
69  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Got Out, but need Help :) on: February 10, 2011, 03:05:59

Also the coloration of everything was bluish and milky. Very pure.

Any Tips?

You are doing great. Smiley
I remember seeing myself during one of my early APs, I was greyish blue and milky....
I don't think you need any help now. Only tip I have is that you try to remain very calm and in control, ignoring all impulses and seeing everything without judging, even if there are weird things around. As soon as you let your mind wander you will find yourself in a regular dream. You must persist, its like a sport...
70  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Does sleepig without covers help? on: February 10, 2011, 02:56:20

anyway I was wondering does sleeping without covers increase your chances of separating?

That depends on how you usually sleep. If you are habitual of sleeping with covers, then not covering would be beneficial because this slight change will be perceived by your mind and will help you remain conscious for longer time at the border of sleep. However, don't rely on covers, IMHO, your mind will adapt to anything.... anything that is external. He is a master of this art, he knows how to put you to sleep. Smiley

The only sure way is to train your mind, slowly and persistently to remain on the border of sleep. There are hundreds of meditation techniques for such training, take your pick.
71  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: finally get vibration,but can't feel the saperate on: February 10, 2011, 02:43:53

the vibration only happen in my spinal cord area..in this moment i know that i was close to OBE i keep on imagine my self get flow out of my body or sinking down etc etc but can't feel the saperate.

Hi

Looks like you hurried your OBE. You can't force yourself out, it happens on its own, you just create conditions and let it happen.
If your vibrations die out and you find yourself wide awake, then you need to relax more and go deeper in trance, forget about your body completely.
If you imagine yourself floating or sinking before separating , it will not help much except it will relax you a bit. Separation is a completely different feeling. You loose all sensation of the world and your body, there is this "total freedom" kind of feeling. You can't miss it. At this point you are out and can imagine yourself at some place.
72  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Opinions wanted please. on: February 02, 2011, 12:14:51
I'm pretty much 100% sure, your physical body did not shake.
Its your ethereal body sending signals down your physical nerves when it separates. Seems very real. But as was said above, if you "wake" yourself up you will see that its not your body. (Or records your projection with a camera as he said or ask someone to watch what happens to your body, they will report nothing unusual)

With time the violence goes away for most.
73  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Pulse Island! / Re: Beavis is back - In 2002 I helped create Astral Pulse Island on: January 28, 2011, 11:05:17
Welcome back beavis !

Pretty good TK video you have similar in quality to those of youtuber darrylsloan.

Like you I've been studying AI secretly. AGI would be more correct term. There are only a handful of people in the world who know this 3 letter word, its a big thing. Also I'm secretly keeping an eye on transhuman stuff and singularity stuff, which are somewhat more popular these days.

The purpose of getting into AGI is to know the possibility of creating an artificial consciousness like our own. (whether it is physical or non-physical is not of any concern). Or how to get something closely resembling it using machines. Other purpose is to study the possibility of transferring our consciousness to non-organic substrates, so that we are freed from the need of dying.

I've not yet tried going to API seriously, but now that you have recharged this forum, I will ....
I just got an idea of creating a 3D version of API, something like a game. I have a good command on 3dsMax to create realistic models and know enough programming to put it into an open source 3D engine like Irrlicht. So we will have a game (just like Secondlife) where we can put stuff that is there on real(?) API, so that you can walk around the virtual API and train your mind to do it while in Astral. Much better than a photoshopped picture you have now.
I'd like to know if you or anyone else here is interested in this....
74  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Melatonin on: January 27, 2011, 18:49:10
Is taking melatonin while trying to project a productive thing or counterproductive thing?

I wouldn't recommend it unless your doctor told you to a take a drug to relax or you have some kind of inability to relax naturally.
I wouldn't recommend you experiment with it unless you have a very strong will power to leave the experiment as soon as you know the results. Drugs are not bad, addiction is.

IMHO, the whole point of learning AP (besides fun) is to train yourself to remain conscious and in control after death....so that you choose your path of evolution consciously. Obviously you will find any physical substance useless there. So the best thing is to take the long cut and train your mind.

75  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Need a knowledgable person for some input on: January 13, 2011, 20:47:55
Hello Flipper,

It seems you are naturally gifted. You can easily learn to travel to "more" non-physical areas. One way is simply by wishing to see something while you are out.

But more importantly, as you can project at will in RTZ (this world), it will be easy for you to set up some verification experiments. Double blinded and irrefutable.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20