The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 27, 2020, 17:46:53

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
526  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Home - Amazing video on: May 27, 2011, 20:52:00
"20% of the population consumes 80% of its resources"
"One mammal in 4, one bird in 8, one amphibian in 3 are threatened with extiction
Species are dying out at a rhythm 1,000 times faster than the natural rate"

That may be because only 20% of the population is 'growing' or evolving.

Animals have always faced extinction... that's just natural.

1000x huh?... more BS

I was OBE a couple years ago and found myself in near Earth orbit. Gaia was handy and I asked about the whole global warming thing (now shown to a giant hoax) and She informed me that She has been working on evolving the human race to the present point in order to get some relief from those pesky oil pools under Her skin. It is our job to "lance the boil" so to speak. Once we get it into the atmosphere the natural healing process can be accelerated.

"Long Live Capitalism" She shouted as I returned to my body.

Capitalism along with central banking has done more to increase the wealth of the common man than any other economic system in the history of mankind.

527  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Buhlman - Best Radio Interview(s) on: May 27, 2011, 19:05:37
Thanks for the link/recommend.

For me, it doesn't start getting good till the end of Part III. I agree with his view of Lucid Dreams as not really qualifying as an OBE.

He really gets down to business at the very end. I think most OBE practitioners that frequent these boards have no idea what he is talking about.
528  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Was Jesus Gay? on: May 27, 2011, 03:58:29
unless you were there and have personal documentation you haven't proved anything.

False. Read carefully, please.

I have proven that here *is* "evidence" outside the scriptures. Its called the existence proof. Very simple. There it is -- take or leave it. You can choose to leave it but you can't simply say it does not exist and still pretend to be dealing with reality.
529  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What is a good binaural beat for projection? on: May 27, 2011, 02:54:21
Thomas Campbell recommended 4Hz beat frequency with various carrier frequency depending on preference. I think he said females preferred a higher freq than males, in general.

This practice is to improve the meditative state, though. Not to project. I am not aware of a beat frequency that has been found to help with that.

The minimum volume is very low, just loud enough to be heard. But louder is okay and I personally like it a little louder to help drown out house noise as I try to relax and focus.
530  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Was Jesus Gay? on: May 27, 2011, 00:42:59
Prophets? When was Buddha or Krishna a prophet? LOL! Besides, we are talking about Jesus here and so far I don't see proof or any hint of evidence whatsoever that Jesus existed apart from scriptures.

"Hint" of evidence? The testimony of Josephus and Tacitus provided *is* evidence. Those are two completely credible sources. The other details like Pontius Pilate, James, etc. only adds further credibility. And their reports exist apart from scripture.

I know there are other writers out there who make the claim you are repeating here... but they are wrong. I have proven THAT much.
531  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Why is the average OBE so short for people? on: May 26, 2011, 00:11:39
If you meditate correctly then you will have control of your mind. I think a lot of people who meditate don't really focus, they are fake meditating for decades.

Hmmm. Perhaps. Lexy, How many people do you know have been "fake meditating for decades"?
(but don't get me wrong... I think I know what you mean... but really I am not sure how one would go about making such a determination... though, I strongly suspect one individual I know would fit the description....)
532  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Why is the average OBE so short for people? on: May 25, 2011, 23:43:18
I know a lot of people who have meditated for decades and they can't even project at all. And then some can project for a short while but only that.

Mind control can extend the length of projection into a very tiny slice of the Inner Realms.

Those with the courage and wherewithal to venture into mostly uncharted waters may find an extended stay to be difficult to maintain. (... regardless of meditation ability or mental discipline)
533  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Why is the average OBE so short for people? on: May 25, 2011, 23:10:54
Because most people have the attention span of a gnat.  Wink

You've gotta train your mind to remain focused if you want to stay out longer.  This requires meditation... this requires mastering your own mind at all times.

Permission to speak freely Mr. Moderator, SIR?
534  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Why is the average OBE so short for people? on: May 25, 2011, 22:37:31
I've had one 45 minutes but generally I sling shot back and forth where I'll separate up to 5x in a row. I've heard it explained that you are more likely to download the memories/experiences if you have waking periods between OOBEs where otherwise with a long continuous one you might forget some of it. This makes sense to me.

I also think at some level we feel the need to check in with our physical bodies since we're conscious of being out and at first it's a bit disturbing to think there's no one minding the store.

This is a good question. Like Jilt I will have multiple sequential OBEs where I come back after each small episode and "touch base" as I call it. Then I re-project and I can either re-enter the last scene or start a completely new investigation. I would have said most of my OBEs are 5-10 min but if you allow for sequential events to string together as one OBE duration period the time period can really stretch out.

For me, sunrise or activity in the world around me, family, etc. can be a seriously limiting factor in OBE duration.
535  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Getting stuck in objects / reset feeling on: May 24, 2011, 17:52:13
I used to have the same problem.
The best thing to do is go through the object backwards.. this way the subconscious mind can't get in the way

I never really thought about till now but I have been using this trick instinctively -- and it works!
536  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: A Karma question.. on: May 24, 2011, 17:16:35
I think karma is elementary and telling someone not to pursue an understanding of it is like telling a first grader not to try learning how to spell 'c-a-t' or his own name.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
This is a fundamental Law of the Universe.

What goes around comes around.
Get out there and start living your life and this will become apparent. The learning process will be impeded for those who can't figure out how to take off the la-la New Age blinders.

Right intention is good but not everything because right action is important too;

The Noble Eightfold Path describes the way to the end of suffering, as it was laid out by Siddhartha Gautama.
http://www.thebigview.com/buddhism/eightfoldpath.html
537  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: A Karma question.. on: May 24, 2011, 02:27:47
There really is such a thing as good and bad. There really is actual "bad or good".

Killing Jeffrey Dahmer, from the societal viewpoint, was probably a "good" thing. It does not matter what Jeffrey thought about that ... or what his mother thought... it was probably good for everyone else, the Universe, etc., ....

Had he not been killed by a fellow inmate, the electric chair would have done the job just as well. Ya see... there is this thing called self-defense....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Dahmer

538  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Was Jesus Gay? on: May 24, 2011, 00:02:39
WAIT!!!

I found PROOF!

http://www.zazzle.com/and_god_said_maxwells_equations_tshirt-235628270699537542
539  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Was Jesus Gay? on: May 23, 2011, 22:53:20
Well...you believe that Jesus existed, don't you? But what you provided isn't real proof, is it?

Ohhhh... so now we are talking about "proof". ?

First you said there was "no evidence" and I replied that that was not true, because it is not true.

You asked for the evidence and I provided the evidence.

So now you ask why I believe Jesus existed?

That is not "belief" as in religious faith. That is a reasonable conclusion based on available data.

540  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Was Jesus Gay? on: May 23, 2011, 22:10:43
Books...excerpts from here and there. [...] Come on...you can't just expect me to believe that there was a Christ as they say. But hey...I'm calling you out on this one...make me believe as you do. Give me exactly what makes you believe. Give me that! Come on...hit me with it!

First you said there was no evidence of Jesus.

I showed that there was.

Now you talk about the Christ and miracles and belief. When you ask, "Give me exactly what makes you believe" what exactly do you think it is that I "believe"? What are you calling me out on?

541  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Does it matter which way or position you practice? on: May 23, 2011, 20:00:02
so rolled out onto the floor instead of my usual up and out rope technique. Nice to have this option since I usually sleep on my side.

This is very similar to my history with this. I used to ONLY project from the laying on my back, in the face up position (and only after at least a few hours of sleep -- meaning I was as 'relaxed' as I was gonna get. I don't think I have ever projected during the daytime or at bedtime no matter how relaxed I could get myself).

Then one morning I woke up on my side and I tried the rollout and it worked. I tried several more times from this position and it works pretty well. So now I have two positions to work with.

Next I want to get it working from a LaZboy recliner afternoon nap. That would be pretty cool.
542  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Seeing Guides on: May 23, 2011, 19:39:55
I do not recall ever seeing a 'guide' in the astral realm. I have asked numerous times and while I am usually transported to some other 'place' immediately upon asking, these guides just seem to remain incognito for me.
(Now, please excuse me while I self observe a bit and try to deal with this wave of Envy welling up in my emotional body).
 tongue undecided
543  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Judgment Day May 21, 2011 - radical prediction on: May 23, 2011, 01:46:51
Its like Moses...er...Charlton Heston says...

The problem is like Soylent Green... the Problem IS PEOPLE!!! (AGGGHH!!! hand clutching at the sky....)

544  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Judgment Day May 21, 2011 - radical prediction on: May 23, 2011, 01:11:14
One thing that creates more upheaval, wars, deaths than anything in human existence is religion.

That's like saying trailer parks create tornadoes.

545  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Was Jesus Gay? on: May 23, 2011, 00:26:56
Show me the evidence, Rudolph... grin

Easier done than said, almost  cool (this is an old discussion, just google "Josephus Jesus")

Josephus returned with Titus to Rome, where he was awarded for his service with a house and a pension. With time and resources, Josephus turned to writing of history. In the 70s, he wrote Jewish Wars, which provided a chronicle of the wars of the Jewish people. He thereafter in the 90s wrote a much broader history of the Jewish people, Jewish Antiquities.

Two References to Jesus

Josephus' writings cover a number of figures familiar to Bible readers. He discusses John the Baptist, James the brother of Jesus, Pontius Pilate, the Sadducees, the Sanhedrin, the High Priests, and the Pharisees. As for Jesus, there are two references to him in Antiquities. I will recount them in the order in which they appear.

First, in a section in Book 18 dealing with various actions of Pilate, the extant texts refer to Jesus and his ministry. This passage is known as the Testimonium Flavianum referred to hereafter as the "TF".

Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man, for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles. He was the Christ, and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men among us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day; as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians so named from him are not extinct at this day.

Jewish Antiquities 18.3.3

Second, in Book 20 there is what could be called a passing reference to Jesus in a paragraph describing the murder of Jesus' brother, James, at the hands of Ananus, the High Priest.

But the younger Ananus who, as we said, received the high priesthood, was of a bold disposition and exceptionally daring; he followed the party of the Sadducees, who are severe in judgment above all the Jews, as we have already shown. As therefore Ananus was of such a disposition, he thought he had now a good opportunity, as Festus was now dead, and Albinus was still on the road; so he assembled a council of judges, and brought before it the brother of Jesus the so-called Christ, whose name was James, together with some others, and having accused them as lawbreakers, he delivered them over to be stoned.

Jewish Antiquities 20.9.1

EDIT ===============

Here's another one from Tacitus, "Annals" 15.44

[...] Hence to suppress the rumor, he falsely charged with the guilt, and punished Christians, who were hated for their enormities. Christus, the founder of the name, was put to death by Pontius Pilate, procurator of Judea in the reign of Tiberius: but the pernicious superstition, repressed for a time broke out again, not only through Judea, where the mischief originated,...
546  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Was Jesus Gay? on: May 22, 2011, 23:21:59
There is no evidence that Jesus ever existed. No real, concrete evidence. EVER! rolleyes

Not true.

Please see my reply on this thread; Reply #25 on: May 10, 2011, 17:19:14

Of course one can always nit-pik about what constitutes 'concrete'. But using your line of thinking here, Summer, we may have to doubt that Socrates ever existed.
547  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Want a nightmare? on: May 22, 2011, 15:49:17
This works on many but not all participants.

I must be one of those that it does not 'work' on. The described position and routine is how I normally fall asleep every night. I generally do not have nightmares.

The last nightmare I recall having was about 50 years ago.

But I don't get it...? Why would anyone want to induce a nightmare? Why not induce a pleasant dream?

?
548  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Osama Bin Laden's Primary Focus No Longer F1! on: May 14, 2011, 01:17:05
...say it as much as you want, but there is no such thing as hard fact.

Yes, there is.

Deny it as much as you want but that won't change the fact that there is such a thing as a fact.

(Deep denial won't change that fact either)

Substitute neutrons for electrons and your PC will stop functioning.

That's a fact.

549  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Osama Bin Laden's Primary Focus No Longer F1! on: May 14, 2011, 00:25:59
Now now, let's not resort to personal attacks... be it on a member of this forum, or a group of individuals in general.

Remember, people ARE allowed to disagree with you.

This is exactly why posts about war and politics shouldn't be on a forum such as this.  There are forums elsewhere to air this stuff.

If this discussion can't return to civility, it will be ended.

I had edited my mild comments 6 minutes prior to your reprimand, Xanth.

So... "loser" is crossing the line ? but... "bigoted much?" is okay? A string of destructive lies is okay?

550  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Osama Bin Laden's Primary Focus No Longer F1! on: May 13, 2011, 23:59:10
there are no terrorists, there are people who have a history, who have a life that led them to this point.  is it their fault if they were never presented with a choice of alternative?

So there you have it. " there are no terrorists..."

Hey! PR... 'they' obviously had choices and alternatives. Most of the terrorists had family and friends and neighbors who did not choose to kill innocent people for no good reason.

" there are no terrorists..."  geez... insane. Blatant insanity.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25