The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 31, 2020, 10:54:20

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
101  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Trances question on: August 14, 2014, 10:07:12
So based on what I've learned, a trance occurs when your mind is awake and your body falls asleep.  But, as I'm sure many other people have experienced, some times you get into a trance when you're fully awake.  For example, I was walking around my house and sat down - and Bam I felt a trance come over me.  Obviously my body isn't asleep so how does that happen?  Is a trance just a symptom of deep relaxation whereas sleep paralysis is what defines mind awake body asleep??
102  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Altering your own reality? on: August 13, 2014, 22:49:53
I've played around with this too a little.  I found out you could eliminate cold by almost doing the opposite.  Instead of keeping your mind busy, you can meditate and clear your mind.  Meditation many times seems to make me dissociate from the physical, but even in this case dissociation wasn't needed to eliminate cold.  smiley
103  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Relationships with spirit guides? on: August 11, 2014, 15:25:08
So what you're saying is "they" are really just your higher self in the form of some type of guide? Thoughtform as in you think them up yourself?
And look for the divine as in greater your spirituality for the sake of being in oneness with the Source?
104  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Relationships with spirit guides? on: August 11, 2014, 11:34:58
How would they stall their spirituality?
105  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Have you ever had this happen on: August 09, 2014, 09:48:34
You may not be able to use a certain projection technique due to some sort of mental roadblock.  Maybe hidden fears, maybe something you need to learn..  One thing I have learned is that if I get frustrated I might as well call it quits because frustration is a killer to success.  Patience is key.  Also, there are many projection techniques out there, and everyone has a unique way of phasing/projecting. 
You may want to research different ways to have an OBE, and try one.  And if it doesn't work after a few months - try a different one. 

Here are two books with two different projecting/phasing techniques you may want to give a try.  smiley

Robert Bruce - Astral Dynamics (Which you can find online as a pdf and has to do more with raising energy, chakra work, and projection techniques such as rope climbing to achieve an OBE.  Also includes an in-depth explanation of what "all of this" is)

Xanth's book - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39504726/Phasing_Primer.pdf  (Has to do with using deep meditation such as "noticing" and the "mental rundown" to achieve an OBE)

Hope that helps Smiley

106  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Relationships with spirit guides? on: August 09, 2014, 09:34:50
What makes you say that 458id?  Just out of curiosity
107  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Having a tough time wrapping my head around this one on: August 08, 2014, 10:12:16
I felt enlightened and the whole situation was blissful.  That would be the best way to describe it
And thank you I will read it  smiley
108  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Having a tough time wrapping my head around this one on: August 08, 2014, 01:26:44
Explain more.
It's wide open to many things at present. More info will help greatly.

I really wish I could.  But as Lionheart said, I don't have many more ways of describing it. 

Has anyone else experienced something similar to this though?
109  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: What exactly is all of 'this' on: August 07, 2014, 22:56:00
Check your inbox.  I sent you a good book to read that explains all of "this"
 smiley
110  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Having a tough time wrapping my head around this one on: August 07, 2014, 22:42:49
I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around what exactly the astral is.
I've had two OBE's where I've been in this blissful, infinite white light.
But upon reflection I've come to the conclusion that:
It's like a white light that stretches in infinite directions, but it's not a colour so to speak.  It's so different than the whitest white you could ever see in the physical reality.
So I thought Ok it's light then.  But it's not like light from the sun.  It doesn't make shadows, and I don't recall feeling any heat from it like the sun. 
When I'm there I experience it as "everything," but it doesn't seem to be like any gas or fluid like air. Like no molecules or atoms of any sort, so while its "everything" it seems to be nothing at the same time.
So..
White but not
Light but not
Everything but nothing
It's impossible to explain what it's like being there to my brother because when I try to explain it, it only makes more questions.

HuhHuhHuh?

111  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Has anyone developed Real Time Sight/Astral Sight? on: August 02, 2014, 10:29:36
I try and work on "seeing" my surroundings when I do simple things in the morning and in the evening.  If I've learned anything on this site, practice makes perfect, and obviously a lot of time and patience.
112  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Has anyone developed Real Time Sight/Astral Sight? on: August 01, 2014, 23:05:22
Ok so I would get the most benefit out of allowing this to happen when I meditate. 
Thanks for the site, Ill check it out  smiley
113  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Has anyone developed Real Time Sight/Astral Sight? on: August 01, 2014, 06:27:42
Has anyone been able to develop the ability to see the non physical through their closed eyelids?  And what did you do to achieve it?? 
I've been playing around here and there with 3rd eye energy work and got curious if anyone had accomplished it. 
Thanks smiley
114  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Seeing Ancient Masters During Meditation. OBE or Just Visions? on: July 31, 2014, 21:02:30
My spirit guide appeared to me once and told me he could hear my thoughts.  If you put intent on communicating with spirits, they WILL hear it.  You may not get any type of verbal response in your head, but you may get a surge of energy through your body which to me, is basically a red receipt that he heard me. 
Personally, while I meditated I would put strong intent on seeing him.  Maybe he's waiting for something.  I would just keep practicing and waiting patiently. 
115  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Experiencing the non physical differently on: July 31, 2014, 11:39:05
A note to add:  I feel like I was a tad more lucidly aware that I was dreaming than he was.  Given this, could his dream mind have been more active than mine, and because of this, turn what I saw as bright white light into a party? 
116  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Experiencing the non physical differently on: July 31, 2014, 11:26:29
My brother and I usually discuss our dreams when we wake up, and this morning realized we had both experienced the non physical together, but interpreted it differently.

My long dream made short: I was skydiving through a tunnel and wound up in this room where there were many people sitting around in a circle chatting.  I sat down and after a minute got up and walked over to one of the walls of the room and then turned around.  And when I turned around the room and all the people were completely gone.  In front of me was a blissfully white light that stretched in infinite directions.  I started running through the light and bumped into my brother.  I could see nothing but his face as if the white light had swallowed his whole body.  We tossed a few words back and forth and then we went our separate ways.  That's when I woke up.

Daves long dream made short: He was walking through a cave with a few people and wound up at a concert where there were many people partying.  He saw me at the concert and then went off to one of our friends house.  After that he woke up.

It was pretty interesting that both of us recalled moving through a tunnel-like structure, wound up in some type of meeting area with lots of people, bumped into each other and moved on - but interpreted it differently when we woke up. 
Its just too bad neither of us became completely lucid  tongue

117  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Relationships with spirit guides? on: July 27, 2014, 23:01:32
Thanks for the insight  Fusions smiley
118  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Relationships with spirit guides? on: July 27, 2014, 21:21:00
To go into more depth about the question...
I've heard that spirit guides show up in OBE's/Astral Projections/Physical reality only when when you need advice or guidance, but does anyone have more of a friend-like relationship with their guides to the point where they go on adventures together even if it has nothing to do with guidance? 
It could be compared to going on a vacation/trip with a friend or something along those lines.    smiley
119  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Most likely a first astral... experience? on: July 27, 2014, 07:36:54
There are many ways to get out of your body and everyone has a unique way of doing it. 
I would recommend trying one or both of these different methods and see if one/both works better for you. 

1) Read this one page facebook article from Robert Bruce on "If an Astral Body Part Gets Stuck in Your Physical Body Try This"       
https://www.facebook.com/notes/robert-bruce/if-an-astral-body-part-gets-stuck-in-your-physical-body-try-this/386130371426885

2) Read Xanth's book on what astral projection is and how to do it:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39504726/Phasing_Primer.pdf

If you're more interested in the "how to" you can skip to part 5 of the table of contents which has: "First Exercise, Noticing!" and "Second Exercise, Mental Rundown!"

Personally I'm working on raising energy and then performing Xanth's method of meditation and phasing.  So a mix of both. 

Good luck smiley

120  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Lucid Dreams -> AP failure on: July 14, 2014, 19:51:07
That absolutely filled in some blanks.  I will definitely research dreaming in more depth.  I think where I was going wrong was purely thinking of the RTZ when talking about astral projection.  As far as my cup being full, great analogy by the way, I will need to gain more experience on the subject to truly understand.  Thank you for your insight!  It was incredibly beneficial. 
121  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Lucid Dreams -> AP failure on: July 13, 2014, 22:24:14
This is his brother here.  That is an interesting perspective.  Based on your article, if I am understanding you correctly, you are stating that a dream IS an astral projection...  However the dreamer is not aware of it (in a normal dream), semi aware (in a lucid dream) and experiencing fully waking consciousness during an astral projection.  This strikes me as confusing because during dreams the dreamer may be around his family for example, maybe dreaming that they are out to lunch.  Now let's say that he is fully conscious of it.  Fully conscious to where you would describe as astrally aware, wouldn't that still not be an astral projection because during that time the family would all truly be sleeping, given that an astral projection is experienced in real time?  In that sense, isn't labeling that experience a dream proper?  I might not be understanding you correctly though. 
122  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Lucid Dreams -> AP failure on: July 13, 2014, 08:49:54
My brother has been able to achieve four or five lucid dreams lately.  In a few he has remembered to try AP techniques but has not been successful with them.  These include feeling for his physical body, falling backwards (as Robert Bruce has mentioned), and affirming aloud that he wants to project.  None have proven to be successful and he is wondering if there are any others who have been taking the lucid dreaming route for projecting.  If so, what techniques do you use?  Whether or not these are successful please list some as everyone is different and some techniques that don't work for some may work for others.  All input is greatly appreciated. 

Cheers
123  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Drugs and meditation/energy/OBEs on: July 11, 2014, 03:02:00
Thanks for the insight! Ill just keep doing what I'm doing and not worry too much about it
124  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Drugs and meditation/energy/OBEs on: July 11, 2014, 01:35:42
Practice makes perfect right?  Thanks  smiley
125  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Drugs and meditation/energy/OBEs on: July 11, 2014, 01:12:42
Do all drugs hinder your ability to focus/raise energy/project?  I've experimented with alcohol and have found that I can barely focus for a few minutes when trying to meditate, and through a lack of a focus, energy work is practically impossible.  I've also read here on the pulse that even If I did have any focus, alcohol severely drains your energy anyway. 
But I was wondering if tobacco does the same thing.  I don't smoke, and I'm not looking for anyone to advise trying any crazy drugs to induce an OBE, but has anyone found that chewing tobacco hinders your ability to project?  When I chew before I go to sleep I can raise energy, focus, and get into trances but I'm starting to wonder if my chewing tobacco addiction is what's holding me back. 
For the past month or so I've been trying Xanth's method of not using a technique to get out but just enjoy the trance and let myself slip.  Maybe tobacco is not letting me relax enough to "slip out"?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6