The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 20, 2017, 02:26:40

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 85
126  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Musically Minded on: July 24, 2017, 11:48:23
Hello everyone

As part of your projection practice, do you listen to music to get your astral senses tingling? As well as listening to Robert Monroe (which is part of my meditation routine), I also choose background music while I'm doing other things in order to 'train my brain' for otherwordly adventures. As Tesco says, every little helps.  grin

My preferences in this regard tend to be soundscapes and some of my favourites are:

• Carbon Based Lifeforms - specifically World of Sleepers
  • In the Nursery
  • Orb - especially Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld
  • The Future Sound of London - particularly Lifeforms

How about you?
127  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: New Old... new? Moderator! :) on: July 24, 2017, 11:24:54
LOL Stillwater. I love the idea of a start date, rather than an end date.

Thank you Nameless. I shall look forward to getting to know you in time.  smiley
128  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Dream Journal on: July 24, 2017, 09:11:37
Had a rubbish night's sleep which would perhaps have meant lots of juicy lucidity, but not a smidgen despite attempting all sorts of tricks. At one wakeful period, I had an idea of repeating in my head 'I am dreaming' in the hopes that I'd still be saying it when I eventually fell asleep - nope.

What was hilarious is that after posting about my giant duck LDT yesterday, this happened:

I was with my ex looking out of a window. I saw a white duck with black splodges about to cross the road. The duck was standing upright (like an Indian Runner duck). As it began to cross the road, the white duck separated from the black splodges and it was only the splodges that crossed. The white duck faded away and the black splodges turned into a dog once it reached the other side - rather like a Dalmation only the splodges were bigger and fewer.

Did it make me realise I was dreaming? Did it heck. The Dream Operators must be both pulling their hair out and laughing hysterically at my complete lack of awareness.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

I'd gone to a 50th party of a girl from school. She had been a very popular girl and plenty of people were there. All the music was from the mid-80s and played by live bands, including her band with her singing. Because everyone invited was from her same year, we all knew every song. The music was the key feature of the party.

Her husband came over to say hello. I didn't know him and asked how long they'd been married. He told me only a year but that they'd been together for ages. We were walking away from the group down a slight ramp. In the background we could hear the party girl singing 'Girl from Mars' by Ash.

This has bleedthroughs from waking life. There's no way I'd be invited to a 50th party by that particular girl - and there's no way I would attend even if I was! The song by Ash is an anachronism as it's not from the right era, but I failed to spot this at the time.

However, when compared with Earth Song, Girl from Mars is a step in the right direction. cheesy
129  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Dream Journal on: July 24, 2017, 08:39:09
Thank you Stillwater - it's good to hear they are enjoyable as they always seem so run-of-the-mill to me.

I shall look forward to seeing your thread and reading your experiences - I've always enjoyed reading others' dreams and find I get some great ideas from them.
130  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: New Old... new? Moderator! :) on: July 23, 2017, 15:24:08
I see you are still first in the list Stillwater - that's fine by me.  cheesy

As for the 2012 nonsense, perhaps we should start a rumour for a new 'end date' sometimes soon. That might bring more people to the site.

Whaddyathink?  grin
131  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: How to avoid a LD despite 9 easy dream triggers on: July 23, 2017, 10:55:18
Quote from: EscapeVelocity
This was just too good not to add! grin

Last week I had a dream where I missed a dream trigger that appeared over and over. I knew afterward that the feel of my lucidity was just way too low during the dream to get the trigger, but I did remember it.

The dream was vague but I think I was staring somewhat blankly at a landscape. Just like on a website, a pesky pop-up window kept appearing in front of me. I tapped the X in the corner to make it go away. It reappeared 4 times and each time I hit the X to make it go away. finally the dream faded and I drifted deeper into sleep.

The pop-up said this-

Do you know you are dreaming?

grin  cheesy  grin That's the best!

This is a great idea and I'm going to start adding my DTs from now on, although that could be perceived as Delerium Tremens.  shocked Perhaps I'll make it LDTs.

One of my favourites which I may have shared here before is:

During a non-lucid dream, a duck walked by loudly quacking. The fact that it was the size of a double-decker bus didn't faze me at all - I didn't even bat an eyelid!
132  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Dream Journal on: July 23, 2017, 09:59:13
It was a very quiet night in dreamland. Or should I say I don't remember many adventures. I think that was an effect of having a 'day off' yesterday in an effort to practise patience.

I do recall being in a workplace and typing up a lengthy report for someone who was out visiting a client. He'd put photographs in his report and I was very sexually attracted to him. As I was working on his report, I telepathically relayed I fancied the pants off him and later on when he'd returned to the office, he seemed to have received my message as he was spending a lot of time leaning over me to see how his report was getting on. He was even stroking my back as we discussed his work.

It's probably a good job the 'Others' left me alone last night - I'd have failed the sex test before it even started... tongue
133  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Dream Journal on: July 22, 2017, 11:07:05
Being interested in purchasing a new duvet set, I'm in a bedding store. Whilst the assistant is getting all the sets they have in my bed's size, I'm looking on the internet too. After typing 'duvet sets' in the search box, I get a beauty salon website.

The assistant comes back with three choices - Pink Panther, Tweety Pie or Popeye.

This one's meaning is obvious upon awakening - internet frustrations pure & simple.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

A dream character [known IRL, although deceased] tells me she's jealous of the experience I had recently "with the spider at Adelphi".

That has me stumped. Have no idea what she means, and don't recall any spider/Adelphi experiences.  tongue
134  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Dream Journal on: July 22, 2017, 10:54:06
The meaning(s) in the dreams from my previous post are clear to me now, after having last night's dreams. They are all variations of the theme of preparation for NP exploration.

• You can't just cross the road without taking a few precautions first
  • A room full of patients. That's a lot of patients. Patients = Patience. Perhaps I'll have an adventure on Tuesday morning when I'll be seen - perhaps I'll be 'Wel' enough then to take the 'first steps' without the use of crutches
  • Of course, before starting any physical exercise, one needs to make sure one has enough energy (food = the baby needed feeding) and also to make sure one has a warm-up (warming the mother)

Despite all those hints & clues, I failed to be aware enough of what was going on...and just to cap it all they gave me a sex test which I flunked.

Last night I was with K, one of my dream guides. We were planning on a night out that same evening, but neither of us had made any arrangements or had our make-up on etc. I even mentioned that whilst it was enjoyable last week (the Buddha Tea House experience), I didn't really feel like it at the time as it was the last day of the holiday and I just wanted to stay home & sleep. This time I was really in the mood, but we couldn't simply go, we had to make plans and organise our party outfits first.

That dream was much more obvious than the others and once I'd awoke, I lay there for a while realising that all the dreams recently have been about 'getting ready'.

Even Earth Song - earth, grounding, physical. You've gotta love these puns.
135  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: New Old... new? Moderator! :) on: July 22, 2017, 08:40:38
Thanks Stillwater. Robert Bruce - yes he was. I think I was active here until 2006, then I drifted away.

Got to say, it's a lot quieter these days. I guess that's to do with the popularity of social media.
136  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: New Old... new? Moderator! :) on: July 21, 2017, 14:47:34
Thanks Xanth. Gosh, it's been a while.  smiley

It's good to be back.
137  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Dream Journal on: July 21, 2017, 12:26:49
I woke up with Earth Song by Michael Jackson on my mind. Which I meant to jot down in the previous post but forgot.

One thing that is becoming self-evident - my dream recall is picking up. That's what you get when you write a dream journal.  cool
138  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Dream Journal on: July 21, 2017, 10:07:18
Someone is attempting to cross the road at a zebra crossing and steps out just as a car comes past. The car doesn't stop and the person jumps back. They are cursing and shouting at the driver who has long since gone. I go over to them and explain it's no good getting mad; it won't make any difference apart from making them stressed.

I manage to calm them down and go on to advise them not to stand too close to the kerb and be more careful when crossing roads. Someone else comes along to join in and I'm suddenly in another dream.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

In a doctor's waiting room, there are loads of people. It's already late in the day and there's no way all the patients will be seen. There is a man who has something wrong with his legs; he has crutches. I can see the look on other people's faces as they look at his legs. I don't look at his legs, but can hear him complaining about not getting seen quickly. I walk over and sit next to him. He's moaning at me about his complaint (something to do with his stomach). He must have read my thoughts as he then gesticulated to his legs and said, "Wel" - meaning that the condition he had that affected his legs is called Wel. He repeated this more fully by then saying, "I got Wel."

Just then, there was a message relayed over a loudspeaker. No more patients could be seen that day and they'd have to return the following day. Everyone groaned and starting trooping out. I asked the man why he didn't request a home visit, given he wasn't very mobile. He told me they only visit on Tuesday mornings and he needed to be seen much sooner than then.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

I'm in an office and it seems there's been some discussion about getting rid of me. I've done something wrong, although I can't recall what. I hear a man in the next office talking about having to sack me and he looks in at me. I feel guilt, shame and wonder what on earth I've done.

They come to get me and I plead with them to let me know what I did. It transpires that I exposed the company as being fraudulent. I can't remember the details, but I know that I acted in good faith and with a good heart, so now all the guilt and shame has gone.

The dream shifts and I'm now in a small room with a handful of other people. Two of the people, a mother (who works at the company I've just been sacked from and who hates me for exposing them) and her baby daughter, are in a separate part of the room. It's like a tall capsule-shaped wardrobe.

The mother is not much bigger in size as her baby daughter. I understand that the capsule is freezing and they both are suffering - the mother from cold, the daughter from hunger. I carefully take out the mother (much to her chagrin) and hold her close to me, wrapping her in blankets that are close by. I'm trying to warm her up, to put some life back into her. I cradle her like I would a baby and rock her gently. Meanwhile, I ask a young man to take care of the baby and try to get some food inside her, no matter how little.

I'm there for a while rocking the mother. I notice gaps where the blankets are not reaching and ask others to wrap both me & her in them. One person ignores me, so I ask another very firmly. Her name is Sue and she tucks us in.

After a while, I unwrap the blankets to make sure she is still breathing and I haven't suffocated her. She's now warmed up and is OK to move away from me. She's rather uncommunicative and is probably still peed off with me from earlier. The young man has ensured the baby is fed and still alive and our jobs are done.

I'm now in an adjacent room, lying on a bed. It feels a bit wobbly, so perhaps it's a water bed. I'm on my own but recall that there is a young man nearby. I want him with me but he's not there. Despite never getting lucid, I do something I know I can only do in dreams. I imagine him there. I hold him, hug him, stroke his face and kiss him. I'm kissing air, but I know that for the majority of times that I do this, someone appears in the space.

This time, he didn't appear. However, the door opened and in he walked. He got on the bed and we started canoodling. He was only young and we hadn't got far before he said out loud, "bananabananabananabanana" to stop himself from ejaculating too soon. This made me laugh and ended the experience.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

I know that some of these dreams are directly from what I've been watching/reading lately. Even so, they are worth looking at. What has been obvious the past few nights is the lack of lucidity. How could I dismiss the 'I got Wel [well]' comment? I do cryptic crosswords every day and enjoy that kind of wordplay. I must have been simply too far gone in sleep to notice. I'm trying not to be frustrated about it and to take these dreams just as seriously as I would if I were lucid.

And I failed the sex test in the last dream...  rolleyes grin
139  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Dream Journal on: July 20, 2017, 13:35:30
Something has just come back to me while I was reading Otherwhere. In the last dream of the previous post, as I went into the sports shop, I mentally recorded the sensation of feeling warmer (outside to inside) and there was a quiet hum which I deduced to be some sort of electric machinery in the shop, possibly air-conditioning or the like.
140  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Dream Journal on: July 20, 2017, 09:46:11
A night with plenty of dreams, the majority of the content is forgotten.

Bits I remember are paying to get into a nightclub. The coins were a mixture of flat plastic shapes such as animals with magnetic pieces on the back - these represented the larger dominations such as pounds. Then the loose change was made of small metal shapes such as a coffee mug around the size of Monopoly pieces. The woman behind the till was keen to take my loose change in exchange for pounds, which I was happy to do.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

I'd gone back in time to tell a famous person that in the not-too-distant future they would make a decision that would change their lives - and they'd stick to the decision. I told them I was from the future. Rather than being pleased with this piece of information, it really upset/disturbed her. Another one of her friends was shouting at me, telling me I'd made a big mistake.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

Without becoming properly lucid, I realise I'm able to walk through glass, so I step inside a shop window display. The dummies are in sporting gear and I begin doing sporting movements around them, such as swimming, skiing and so on. One of the shop assistants gets up onto the window and joins me.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

Quite a lot of fun with a bit of mischief thrown in. Which is all well & good, but I want to get serious now.
141  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: When I die I want to - Fear of death topic on: July 19, 2017, 11:24:57
When I die I want to sleep for a very long time. And then once awake, perhaps do a lot of cartwheels.  grin

Xanth - that movie sounds intriguing; was it good and would you recommend it?
142  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Dream Journal on: July 19, 2017, 11:20:12
18/7/17

I am in an office and there is going to be a wedding rehearsal in the boardroom. They have asked us all to attend to be the pretend audience. When I go, I'm playing the groom [or I might have been the bride, I can't recall].

We are all standing around and someone makes a comment which is so utterly hilarious, every single one of us is howling with laughter.

Can I remember what was said...? Nope.  rolleyes
143  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Selski's Journal on: July 18, 2017, 09:42:28
17/7/17

A night of many dreams, most of them brief and all-but forgotten. I have vague memories of learning things.

I recall lying in a dream bed being able to see through my eyelids. I lifted my left arm up to see if it would go through the nearest wall. It wouldn't...but it wasn't aching so I knew it wasn't my physical arm. I lifted my right arm and tried the wall - this time the wall yielded and both arms went through.

What was interesting about this one was, once again, my dream consciousness knew I was partially out-of-body (although it didn't realise my arms were dream arms) whilst my waking consciousness was blissfully fast asleep. It's like a deeper layer of lucidity whereby my waking self doesn't need to be disturbed.
144  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Do you want to start a Dream Journal? on: July 18, 2017, 09:35:23
Hi Xanth

I've started one - please would you sticky it for me. Thought I'd better do so, otherwise I'll just end up taking over the whole dream section!  tongue

Cheers!

Selski
145  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / In Preparation on: July 17, 2017, 13:59:55
This last week has been interesting. It feels like I'm being prepared for new adventures. Whilst I want to go on them NOW, I'm also being shown patience. No doubt I'm not quite ready. I'm also learning to listen (not with my physical ears, but with my inner senses).

One day last week I was playing a computer game and decided that at 4pm I'd turn it off and do a meditation session. Totally engrossed in the game, I was only half-aware of the time. At 3.59pm exactly, the internet cut out. I listened.  grin

In addition, I've had no internet access since Thursday last week. Talk about learning patience.

Then last night two separate dreams. In one I agreed to go with a stranger to a new place. I was told it would be 'different', but wasn't given details. When we walked into his world, everyone was upside-down. Actually, it wasn't that they were upside-down - it was my vision that was upside-down. I feel this dream is advising me I may have to look at things in a completely different way in my forthcoming experiences.

In a later dream, I was staying for a few nights in a training complex. I had only a bedroom and during the day would have to leave the campus. Within the dream, I was asleep and could see through my eyelids. I was also very asleep (I call these dreams druggy dreams as I'm so sluggish) and was asking my OH to slap me across the face to wake me up. I worried how we would spend our time during the day and if I'd be able to cope...then reminded myself that as long as I kept it in my mind that I was dreaming, I'd be fine.

This dream is 'waking me up' in a gentle way. Whilst I wouldn't say I was fully lucid, my dreaming mind knew I was dreaming - and that's all I'm going to need going forward. In fact, I think that will be better for me as I'm less likely to go running around, jumping on people and being daft. I think it will put me in a better mental state for whatever is to come.

Exciting times.  smiley
146  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Quick "Astral Related" Question. on: July 09, 2017, 14:05:25
That's a really interesting and informative link Lumaza - thanks. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it all through - even though it took me all morning!!  grin
147  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Quick loss of consciousness on: July 09, 2017, 12:09:37
OK, I understand now. Impatience is an AP killer. I know because it was something I had to learn to overcome. Once I'd learned (and it took me eons) to enjoy what I was doing right now, whether that be trying to get out of a wall I'd got myself stuck in (yes, me too), extracting my astral body from my physical body, untangling myself from astral bedclothes (sheesh!) or any other such annoying things, then my experiences started improving.

It seems to be that APing is on a parallel with mindfulness and being in the present moment.

With regards to blindness, that was also one of my issues. Sight came when I stopped worrying/focussing on being blind. If you've seen the first Harry Potter film, there's a great scene when the three of them fall into a hole that is covered in arms/hands reaching out to grab them. Hermione gets through but the boys are struggling because they are focussing on the hands and trying to get away from them. Hermione tells them to 'relax and let go' and as soon as the boys do this, the hands lose their power and they fall through to safety. That's a nice metaphor for blindness (and indeed any other annoyance) when projecting.
148  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Buddha Tea House on: July 09, 2017, 10:57:13
Quote from: Lumaza
  Did you read that whole thread that EscapeVelocity gave you in your last LD thread about Kurt Leland's "Café" experience? Your Sensei" sounds like a "Facilitator".

I did read the whole thread and then went on to read some others of his! Very interesting.  smiley

It seems like your experience was full of "triggers". First the fact of being with friends in a nightclub listening to Music that you likely enjoy as well. Then you had more things to aid your awareness to finally lead you to the Café, like the fact that you noticed the way you were dressed.

That's a good point and one I hadn't really thought about before. I only tend to get the 'big' triggers (luckily I have a few of them) and these small ones are missed. Hopefully now that I'm back into the whole LD/AP business again, I'll begin spotting the smaller ones too.

It's funny how we "blank out" the trivial things, like how we get from point "A" to point "B". Yours being the travel from the club to the Café.

I've wondered about this before. I'm not so sure it's a "blank out". It might be that in the dreamstate, travelling (if it's not part of the dream lesson) is irrelevant and so is simply removed. I remember watching an episode of Doctor Who where the same thing happened. It was interesting to see it done on the screen...and it was actually that aspect which made the Doctor's assistant realise she was no longer in the real world. Perhaps it's another potential lucid trigger if we have the mind to think 'I don't remember HOW I got here'.

We may look back at the "sex tests" now as something minor or trivial now. But in the beginning they were a big hindrance to our NP evolution. Now they are totally apparent and if anything help in the awareness process. I find it's a great "DT" (Dream trigger).

They were a MASSIVE hindrance to me. Although saying that, they were also a WHOLE HEAP of fun. I also learned a heck of a lot with them such as prolonging the dream - in fact, I think my dreamguides got so fed up with me always choosing the sex option, that they went back to the drawing boards and worked the sex into the lessons I was supposed to be learning!! Whilst I'm getting there, I don't think I'll ever become a dream-celibate!  tongue  cheesy
149  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Buddha Tea House on: July 09, 2017, 10:33:36
Selski,

Sounded like a fun experience.  You seem to do very well passing on all those sexual tests!   wink
I was just wondering if you were seeking some sort of advice or had been looking for some answer to something that you have been thinking about?  Maybe the waitress/sensei was saying you needed to order first was actually indicating that you need to ask the proper question or the question you have been thinking about recently.  Overall, that would have been a fun Lucid Dream if you had your awareness!

I hadn't asked a specific question before going to sleep, but this week I've been thinking a lot about my beliefs/non-beliefs in general. After having a mini-rant about simply enjoying my experiences and not looking too much into them, and then reading EV's response, I started to delve a little deeper.

I looked through some of my earlier experiences here at the Pulse and was surprised to find just how open-minded I was back then. I actually thought I'd become more open-minded over the years...but the exact opposite has happened. Then I read some of Kurt Leland's experience and what interested me was how similar they are to mine (not mirrored, but in the general sense of the word).

Whilst I'm always reluctant to take on limiting beliefs, I guess I'm still searching for something - even after all these years. So this week I thought I'd break down the defence walls and open up more to my dreams, firstly by bouncing off Kurt's ideas (and others here). I've ordered Otherwhere and the day of having the Cafe dream, I felt rather happy and somewhat excited that I was embarking on a new adventure. It feels like a new chapter in my life.

The dream, I believe, was confirmation of the decision and that all is well. So it was less of an answer, and more of validation.
150  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Quick loss of consciousness on: July 09, 2017, 09:57:20
I'd be inclined to change your thinking. Walls are just walls. Pipes are just pipes, there's nothing creepy about them. There is absolutely no way you can stuck in anything, given you're not a physical body. Even if you do feel stuck, think about needing a pee, and you'll be back before you can say boo.

TBH, I'd say it's nothing to do with your vision and everything to your with your thoughts.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 85