The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 27, 2022, 12:00:07

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 87
201  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / In Preparation on: July 17, 2017, 13:59:55
This last week has been interesting. It feels like I'm being prepared for new adventures. Whilst I want to go on them NOW, I'm also being shown patience. No doubt I'm not quite ready. I'm also learning to listen (not with my physical ears, but with my inner senses).

One day last week I was playing a computer game and decided that at 4pm I'd turn it off and do a meditation session. Totally engrossed in the game, I was only half-aware of the time. At 3.59pm exactly, the internet cut out. I listened.  grin

In addition, I've had no internet access since Thursday last week. Talk about learning patience.

Then last night two separate dreams. In one I agreed to go with a stranger to a new place. I was told it would be 'different', but wasn't given details. When we walked into his world, everyone was upside-down. Actually, it wasn't that they were upside-down - it was my vision that was upside-down. I feel this dream is advising me I may have to look at things in a completely different way in my forthcoming experiences.

In a later dream, I was staying for a few nights in a training complex. I had only a bedroom and during the day would have to leave the campus. Within the dream, I was asleep and could see through my eyelids. I was also very asleep (I call these dreams druggy dreams as I'm so sluggish) and was asking my OH to slap me across the face to wake me up. I worried how we would spend our time during the day and if I'd be able to cope...then reminded myself that as long as I kept it in my mind that I was dreaming, I'd be fine.

This dream is 'waking me up' in a gentle way. Whilst I wouldn't say I was fully lucid, my dreaming mind knew I was dreaming - and that's all I'm going to need going forward. In fact, I think that will be better for me as I'm less likely to go running around, jumping on people and being daft. I think it will put me in a better mental state for whatever is to come.

Exciting times.  smiley
202  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Quick "Astral Related" Question. on: July 09, 2017, 14:05:25
That's a really interesting and informative link Lumaza - thanks. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it all through - even though it took me all morning!!  grin
203  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Quick loss of consciousness on: July 09, 2017, 12:09:37
OK, I understand now. Impatience is an AP killer. I know because it was something I had to learn to overcome. Once I'd learned (and it took me eons) to enjoy what I was doing right now, whether that be trying to get out of a wall I'd got myself stuck in (yes, me too), extracting my astral body from my physical body, untangling myself from astral bedclothes (sheesh!) or any other such annoying things, then my experiences started improving.

It seems to be that APing is on a parallel with mindfulness and being in the present moment.

With regards to blindness, that was also one of my issues. Sight came when I stopped worrying/focussing on being blind. If you've seen the first Harry Potter film, there's a great scene when the three of them fall into a hole that is covered in arms/hands reaching out to grab them. Hermione gets through but the boys are struggling because they are focussing on the hands and trying to get away from them. Hermione tells them to 'relax and let go' and as soon as the boys do this, the hands lose their power and they fall through to safety. That's a nice metaphor for blindness (and indeed any other annoyance) when projecting.
204  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Buddha Tea House on: July 09, 2017, 10:57:13
Quote from: Lumaza
  Did you read that whole thread that EscapeVelocity gave you in your last LD thread about Kurt Leland's "Café" experience? Your Sensei" sounds like a "Facilitator".

I did read the whole thread and then went on to read some others of his! Very interesting.  smiley

It seems like your experience was full of "triggers". First the fact of being with friends in a nightclub listening to Music that you likely enjoy as well. Then you had more things to aid your awareness to finally lead you to the Café, like the fact that you noticed the way you were dressed.

That's a good point and one I hadn't really thought about before. I only tend to get the 'big' triggers (luckily I have a few of them) and these small ones are missed. Hopefully now that I'm back into the whole LD/AP business again, I'll begin spotting the smaller ones too.

It's funny how we "blank out" the trivial things, like how we get from point "A" to point "B". Yours being the travel from the club to the Café.

I've wondered about this before. I'm not so sure it's a "blank out". It might be that in the dreamstate, travelling (if it's not part of the dream lesson) is irrelevant and so is simply removed. I remember watching an episode of Doctor Who where the same thing happened. It was interesting to see it done on the screen...and it was actually that aspect which made the Doctor's assistant realise she was no longer in the real world. Perhaps it's another potential lucid trigger if we have the mind to think 'I don't remember HOW I got here'.

We may look back at the "sex tests" now as something minor or trivial now. But in the beginning they were a big hindrance to our NP evolution. Now they are totally apparent and if anything help in the awareness process. I find it's a great "DT" (Dream trigger).

They were a MASSIVE hindrance to me. Although saying that, they were also a WHOLE HEAP of fun. I also learned a heck of a lot with them such as prolonging the dream - in fact, I think my dreamguides got so fed up with me always choosing the sex option, that they went back to the drawing boards and worked the sex into the lessons I was supposed to be learning!! Whilst I'm getting there, I don't think I'll ever become a dream-celibate!  tongue  cheesy
205  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Buddha Tea House on: July 09, 2017, 10:33:36
Selski,

Sounded like a fun experience.  You seem to do very well passing on all those sexual tests!   wink
I was just wondering if you were seeking some sort of advice or had been looking for some answer to something that you have been thinking about?  Maybe the waitress/sensei was saying you needed to order first was actually indicating that you need to ask the proper question or the question you have been thinking about recently.  Overall, that would have been a fun Lucid Dream if you had your awareness!

I hadn't asked a specific question before going to sleep, but this week I've been thinking a lot about my beliefs/non-beliefs in general. After having a mini-rant about simply enjoying my experiences and not looking too much into them, and then reading EV's response, I started to delve a little deeper.

I looked through some of my earlier experiences here at the Pulse and was surprised to find just how open-minded I was back then. I actually thought I'd become more open-minded over the years...but the exact opposite has happened. Then I read some of Kurt Leland's experience and what interested me was how similar they are to mine (not mirrored, but in the general sense of the word).

Whilst I'm always reluctant to take on limiting beliefs, I guess I'm still searching for something - even after all these years. So this week I thought I'd break down the defence walls and open up more to my dreams, firstly by bouncing off Kurt's ideas (and others here). I've ordered Otherwhere and the day of having the Cafe dream, I felt rather happy and somewhat excited that I was embarking on a new adventure. It feels like a new chapter in my life.

The dream, I believe, was confirmation of the decision and that all is well. So it was less of an answer, and more of validation.
206  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Quick loss of consciousness on: July 09, 2017, 09:57:20
I'd be inclined to change your thinking. Walls are just walls. Pipes are just pipes, there's nothing creepy about them. There is absolutely no way you can stuck in anything, given you're not a physical body. Even if you do feel stuck, think about needing a pee, and you'll be back before you can say boo.

TBH, I'd say it's nothing to do with your vision and everything to your with your thoughts.

207  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: existence. on: July 08, 2017, 14:32:57
There are plenty of ways to relax your mind, if you are feeling exhausted. Might be worth looking into meditation music/sounds - there's loads to find on Youtube.  smiley
208  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / Re: Dimension-Hopping on: July 08, 2017, 12:54:40
It sounds to me like you were more conscious than normal in a dream. Not conscious enough to be lucid, but your dream-senses were heightened.

When you say you can never normally feel your body in dreams - what happens when you try to feel it? Or do you mean you were simply more aware of your body in this particular dream, such as the sensation of cloth against skin and a breeze blowing your hair?

Generally-speaking, watches and clocks are erratic in my dreams...but not always. Sometimes they behave as they do in waking life. Time is one of my lucid triggers meaning if I see a clock/watch, it should trigger me to question whether I'm dreaming. If I do question it, the way to find out is to look away from the watch then look at it again. If the time has changed (it's usually madly different from the first time I looked at it), then I know I'm dreaming. However, as I said earlier, sometimes it's exactly the same so I don't realise I'm dreaming.

All-in-all, I'd say your experience is a great start to conscious dreaming.  smiley
209  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Buddha Tea House on: July 08, 2017, 09:44:22
I'm with two friends, K and T, at a nightclub. It's busy, loud and there is live music. We are watching the band and enjoying ourselves. Two lads are looking over at the three of us, so I nudge T in a "you and K are in" kind of way and turn the opposite way.

I see a young man and woman dancing together about 10ft away from me. The man suddenly falls to the ground and slowly goes down to a lying position. She rushes over and shakes him. He comes to, looks a bit dazed, then gets back up. I walk over to him and tap him on the shoulder. I gently tell him not to ignore the fall - he must make sure he gets checked out at a doctor as soon as he can. He kindly waves me away. Later I see them both dancing again.

The evening is coming to an end and I find K and T to see if we are all going back to our hotel together. K remarks that we are not in our usual dress for nightclubbing. I agree and note I'm wearing a long skirt, all the way down to my ankles. We look dressed for an interview rather than a club.

K advises that we are going somewhere else and holds out a slip of paper that says 'Vegetarian Cafe' and an address on it. As is usual in dreams, there is no 'getting to the cafe' - we are there walking through the door. This is a small intimate establishment. It is filling up but it appears we've booked ahead as they let us in despite a queue at the door. The cafe is called 'Buddha Tea House' and is reputed to be the actual one that Buddha visited.

It transpires that this is no ordinary cafe. It's a place to learn the art of tea. There is a waitress who I understood as being a 'sensei'. She had us all seated and was introducing herself and advising us what we should order first when visiting a tea house. She didn't look like a typical waitress, more like one of us in smart clothes.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

Sadly, that's all I remember from this non-lucid dream. When I awoke around 4am I went to the loo and once returned thought about the dream, running it through my mind to make it solid. I knew I wouldn't need to write anything down as I was awake for a good hour.

K and T are two people I used to work with in waking life a long time ago. I haven't had any RL contact with them for many years. Yet they regularly appear in dreams, often together but not always. I suspect they are dream guides cloaked in my friends' bodies. Broadly-speaking K is the extrovert, T the introvert. Yin and yang sort of.

I think this dream is an important one - and I think it was NON-lucid for that reason. Sometimes I find it all too easy to dismiss dreams if I've not been particularly conscious...but this one felt a bit special once I'd awoke. It was to do with the following factors:

• Keywords of Buddha, vegetarian, tea, sensei
  • Sensible clothing - too formal for a nightclub. I deem my long skirt was a sign of 'modesty'
  • The sexual test which I passed - go me, go me, go me!
  • K and T

Whilst there was no obvious message/advice given, I get an overall sense that I'm on the right track, doing things correctly and am embarking in a new direction with regards to spirituality and dreaming.

I did wonder about the guy who fell. He could have been a lucid dreamer who briefly awoke (thereby losing dream consciousness for a few seconds). I often wonder what happens to me in the dream when I briefly awake (although I was able to ask a dream character this one time).

All in all, a simply splendid dream, despite being non-lucid.  smiley
210  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Quick "Astral Related" Question. on: July 08, 2017, 08:37:55
It's interesting that you are 'toilet paper tunnelling' once again, 3 years later. When I read the other thread, I found myself nodding along to Szaxx's comment of tests. I'm familiar with tunnels but I usually move through them rather than allow the scene to expand.

I was reading some of my earliest experiences yesterday and came upon this one which involves automatic movement and tests...

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_projection_experiences/letting_go_and_being_humble-t19174.0.html

I wonder if when we move without 'us' getting involved in the actual movement, this is a sign that others (helpers/guides) are doing that little bit extra to give us a nudge to learn something.

Do you recall anything about the chat you had with the people round the dining table - that might be important?

211  The Astral Library / Welcome to Book Reviews! / Re: Oliver Fox "Astral Projection: A Record of Out-of-the-Body Experiences" on: July 07, 2017, 18:07:42
Oliver's book is one of my favourites, along with Robert Peterson's. In fact, I've started a little pile on the bookshelf of LD/AP-related books to re-read and his is at the top of the pile.

I know this thread is well old, but that link is great - if you are still around Projector4life, thank you for posting it.  smiley
212  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Quick "Astral Related" Question. on: July 07, 2017, 18:01:42
*hand up*  grin

I'm a lazy lump and I can procrastinate until the cows come home. So to shove me into practice, I've got a handful of meditation CDs which I'm listening to every day (or thereabouts) in half-hour sessions. It can be a chore at first, but I know that with repetition I'll begin to love it, need it and not-be-able-to-wait-for-it.

Every morning before I get up, after I've recalled/written down any dream keywords/snippets, I do one of two things. Mentally I either play tennis or go swimming. This is primarily because I'm not able to exercise due to a physical disability, but secondly it gets my mind moving/active. Sometimes I'm the tennis player, sometimes I'm the tennis ball (that's fun).

Just today I made the Astral Pulse Island my computer background. I'm planning to go there during meditation sessions.

But my main practice is also phasing. Awesome is about the right description for it.  cool

Phasing involves me doing a Monroe relaxation countdown when I go to bed. I know that 99 times out of 100 I'll fall asleep, but I do it because it's a relaxing exercise in and of itself and also it gets my subconscious used to going through the mindstates. Then whenever I awake at night, I'll get comfy on my back and countdown again. These second/third times are much more interesting as I'm less likely to completely fall asleep.

If all the above proves fruitless in a 24-hour period, there's always becoming awake during dreaming. I have plenty of lucid triggers and the above exercises work in ensuring I recognise those triggers.

I don't mind floating out of my body into the RTZ for a mooch around the local area ... but I'd always swap them for a lucid dream ... and I'd always swap a lucid dream (from a dreamstate) for a phasing session. You just can't beat consciously entering a dream environment without having fallen asleep.

213  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: The Nearly Star on: July 06, 2017, 09:09:13
EV - now you've piqued my interest. I read a couple of Kurt's experiences yesterday and really enjoyed them. I haven't any of his books, but remembered yesterday how come I'd heard of him. He was active over at EIC for a bit quite a number of years ago.

You're spot on with the boob comment - usually any chance of nookie and I'm in. This time I was more interested in conversing about LDing - hurrah for me.  cheesy

I've currently got an Amazon order on hold so will add his Otherwhere book.

If I end up down another rabbit hole, I'll blame you!!  tongue  grin  wink
214  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: The Nearly Star on: July 05, 2017, 16:43:16
Just doing a bit of brain-burping as I've been thinking about the dream for the last couple of days.

The experience was a fairly typical one for me - and I could interpret it in a variety of ways. Reading other self-proclaimed experts/spiritual teachers/LD gurus and the like could lead me down so many exciting, obscure, enlightening and frustrating paths.

From a parallel reality to a past/future life, to a twinflame experience ( rolleyes) to meeting the male aspect of myself to this, that and the bloody other.

Exploring the key words of the experience - the title The Nearly Star - last night had me playing with the words. If one slows down Vanilla Sky to this:

Ver-neerla-sky it's almost
The-nearly-star

Which got me wondering if what he said triggered my response. I'm not convinced given I did give my reply some thought first.

But it just goes to show how easy it would/could be to (mis)interpret an experience and go off to la la land, bending the experience in order to fit it into (one of many) belief systems.

Rather than label something, what is most important to me is to enjoy these experiences. I don't want to find that because someone else deems it's X, Y or Z that I feel obliged to meditate 3 hours daily and become so Zen that I lose my sense of self. I'm not interested in any of that.

I have no aim, no end goal. I'm already enjoying my hobby of LD/AP/OBE. If I get more from it, such as profound thoughts or a sense of peace/love/joy whatever, then great...but I'm too old/tired/done with chasing rainbow dreams down rabbit holes.

An easy life with a gentle enjoyable hobby. That's me.  smiley
215  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: The Nearly Star on: July 05, 2017, 08:45:22
Thanks EV  smiley

I've heard of Kurt, and suspect I've one of his books so shall have to rummage around. I will also take a look at his website. I do have a tendency when it comes to books on this kind of subject of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Just this last week, I started a new book on lucid dreaming etc., and in the first chapter it mentions God (with a capital G). I very nearly chucked it out of the window, but have graciously replaced it on the bookshelf until I'm in a better mindstate.  evil

As to losing the dream, I've had some good solid experience of prolonging dreams and returning to a dream once I'd woken up (that's pretty cool), but I suppose there comes a point when our physical bodies are naturally waking and there ain't nuffin' we can do about that!
216  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Out of the Blue Comment on: July 05, 2017, 08:38:40
You could never really trust Looby Loo, could you?!  cheesy
217  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / The Nearly Star on: July 04, 2017, 12:59:47
Earlier in the night I had a dream where a female dream character reminded me of someone - a famous male actor. For the life of me, I couldn't remember his name. I thought and thought and got that his first name was probably Richard. Then I thought some more, bringing his facial image to mind. I couldn't get his second name, but I remembered a film he'd been in. I told her it was the guy from Withnail and I.

Around 3am I awoke and went to the loo. Returned and did a couple of simple affirmations:

I am aware in dreams
I am alert in dreams
I am lucid in dreams

Until I drifted off back to sleep.

OH got up around 5am and this is my prime time for lucid dreaming. I have the bed to myself with no interruptions.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

The dream was very mundane. I was at some outdoor restaurant waiting for the waitress to come over and take our order. I'd gone with friends but due to lack of table space ended up sitting with strangers.

Ahead a small jet flew over very low. It had a second smaller jet flying very close to it, almost magnetically connected to within a couple of feet of the first one. A bit like something you might see in Star Wars. A second jet appeared and, looking up, I said out loud, "If one of these jets suddenly crashes, I'll know we are dreaming." Whereupon the second jet crashed to the ground not far from us.

It jolted me awake briefly but then I returned to the dream, somewhat lucid.

The man sitting to my left turned to me and asked, "So, you know you're dreaming, huh?" very casually. I looked at him, smiled and told him I did. I then thanked him for reminding me. I told him that it was rare for someone else to let me know I was dreaming and I was grateful. Then I said, "How do you know I'm dreaming...*brain whirring*... are you lucid dreaming too?"

"Yes," he replied, coolly.

Without getting too excited I then told him I'd just got back into lucid dreaming. We discussed how long we'd both been able to lucid dream (years) and while this discussion was going on, our positions had changed. We were both standing, him directly behind me with his arms around my chest, his hands over my boobs. This felt more 'close' than sexy but the undertones were there. I wasn't bothered about what anyone else might think/say as I knew I was dreaming.

We decided to walk away from the table so we could discuss dreaming privately without distractions or interruptions. He told me he'd got bored of the whole thing, but this experience with another lucid dreamer had renewed his enthusiasm. I told him I was actively focussing on dreaming by reading books, watching films and joining forums. I then asked him what his favourite film about lucid dreaming was. He told me it was a film called The Nearly Star. As he said this, a track began playing in the background of the dream. He asked me mine and after some thought I told him it was Vanilla Sky.

We then discussed our best techniques for staying lucid and prolonging the dream - his was touch, as was mine. I mentioned that I was able to become a hologram when needed and held out my arm to show him. He gripped my arm and squeezed and I mentally did the hologram thing - which didn't work. It began hurting me so he stopped. I tried it with his arm - the exact same. It was as if we were both physically solid.

The music track ended and he told me it was from The Nearly Star. By now I was beginning to wake and even though I asked him mentally to grab hold of me to pull me back into the dream, it didn't work and I awoke knowing I wasn't able to get back.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

I hadn't listened to the music during the dream and couldn't recall it once awake, but after a few seconds the tune from a film I watched a couple of weeks ago came back to me. The film is called Cafe de Flore (a great film) and I'd been trying to recall the tune a few days after watching it before giving up. I was surprised at how easily, naturally and casually that little tune returned nearly two weeks later. It made me wonder about the track we'd heard in the dream.

I think the success of this particular experience was twofold. Not only the affirmations in the middle of the night, but the fact that I was so logical, rational and sensible in my earlier dream about Richard E. Grant.

Cool bananas!
218  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Out of the Blue Comment on: July 04, 2017, 12:32:18
 grin I'm a Brit and of the right age, ahem, so I know Andy Pandy (not personally though)  grin

Maybe it is a new lucid trigger, although it seemed to jolt me awake rather than alert but still asleep.

It just seemed such a random, silly thing to be a smell. Maybe I smell innocent? Young? Daft?  tongue
219  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Swinging on: July 04, 2017, 12:28:53
I guess you missed my question or decided to ignore it.

Neither. I forgot. Brain like a sieve. As soon as I hit submit, I remembered it. Sorry!  smiley

Yes, I was the trampoliner. That exercise was fun but only worked probably 5% of the time. And yes, I tend to prefer motion. I recall someone years ago (possibly Frank) advising that to enhance lucidity it was a good idea to stop what you were doing and focus on something close up, such as a rock nearby. That never worked for me. I seem to need to keep moving and I'm better when there is a lot of 'noise' around. Not necessary auditory, but people, colour, activity, hustle & bustle. Which is interesting because in waking life, I'm rather anti-social.

Robert Waggoner is ringing bells with me - time to peruse my bookshelves...  smiley
220  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Out of the Blue Comment on: July 03, 2017, 14:10:47
I mean, really. I can usually trace where my dreams come from...but not this comment from a dream character.

Can't remember the details but a shopkeeper (I think) said 'what's that smell' while looking at me walking over. This was said neutrally and not nastily. I asked what she thought it (I) smelled of and she replied...

ANDY PANDY

I mean, really?!!!!
221  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Swinging on: July 03, 2017, 14:06:50
Thanks peeps.  smiley

Xanth -  shocked  grin
222  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Contact on: July 03, 2017, 14:05:33
I watched it this weekend. Definitely a keeper. Great film!  smiley
223  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Swinging on: June 30, 2017, 09:28:14
Over the years I've come to recognise certain triggers that usually (but not always) make me lucid. One of my favourites is swinging. Not only does it happen in deeply relaxed states (MABA), but also during ordinary non-lucid dreams.

Normally I experiment - or play - with the feeling. If I'm in MABA I'll mentally swing higher & higher, sometimes just enjoying the sheer sensation, from tummy wobbles to a breeze on my face. If I want to take it further I used to swing so high and then jump out of my swinging body. That normally shifted the environment and I'd go on my merry way on an adventure...sometimes RTZ OBE or sometimes within a dream/astral. (I use these terms loosely as they mix/match.) Alternatively, I'd be aware enough to realise that I didn't need to escape my swinging body - as my swinging body wasn't the physical so all I needed to do was stop swinging, get up and walk away.

When it occurs during a dream, any of the above happens depending on the level of awareness. Most often I'll swing right out of my dreaming swinging body, thereby creating a third (or second dreaming) body.

Anyway, last night I was doing a bit of mental ping-pong. Just moving focus from the front of my head to the back until I naturally fell asleep. At some point during the night I realised I was swinging in a non-lucid dream. These days I become lucid differently from how it was when I first started lucid dreaming. There is rarely the 'bonk on the head' "I'M DREAMING" moment whereupon I rush around telling everyone in sight that I'm in their dream, or they're in mine. These days, it's a subtle realisation and I've learned to keep quiet.

Last night I didn't quite reach full awareness, but knew something was going on. I remembered that the swinging was a potential effect of the ping-pong technique...and also recalled that I wasn't supposed to be in a 'screen' just yet. So like a numpty, I closed my eyes and waited for a shape to appear. The trouble is I opened my eyes back into the dream and got totally confused. Obviously lucidity was low and within a few seconds I'd lost it completely.

Another very small, but encouraging, experience. It's taught me that I must practise lucidity - that is the key to all these experiences.
224  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: The Doorway on: June 30, 2017, 09:09:10
Your first experience sounds really intense. Yikes.  shocked

Well, the mental ping-ponging worked ... albeit not in the way I was expecting (no surprises there then). I'll post it in the dreaming section.  tongue
225  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: The Doorway on: June 29, 2017, 11:54:15
Excellent. These kinds of "re-fresher courses" are great. Taking a walk down memory lane always feels good. Sometimes that's what we need to once again "kickstart" everything into motion.
 My big purchase in the beginning was a Program called "Explorations Beyond the Body" by Steve G. Jones. I know what many people think of him and I don't care. I got what I needed at the time from his info and yes it was costly (pricey), but I saw the actual ordering and paying of his program to be a deeper commitment to me personally. I knew myself and knew that I am very "frugal" when it comes to spending money. Materialism has never been a part of me. So, I knew what that purchase meant to me and that was a great aid in creating the patience, practice times and determination needed to be successful here. That and the fact that my first " conscious" experience was "AWESOME".

Yes, The Gateway Experience was a 'big' purchase for me - it wasn't cheap. But, like you say, it was telling myself that I was serious about 'all this'. Interestingly I've never had an OBE from the CDs, but I've had a lot of lovely experiences/experiments with imagination, including plenty of spacewalks - way cool.  grin

I haven't heard of Steve Jones - shall I look him up or not bother, lol.

Is your first experience here at the Pulse? I'd like to read it if you can find a link.

About 6 years back I bought a set of Bose noise cancelling headphones just for my Binaural Beats/Isochronic Tones and any other Astral related CDs. That was one of the best purchases I have made towards this practice. That and my "Laxman" light/sound machine. But unfortunately my Trigeminal Neuralgia does not permit my Laxman anymore. I used to have some great experiences while using it. But in the end, we tend to lose and kind of outgrow the "need" for those tools. I won't give up my Headphones or my earplugs, (for sleeping at night). I like those "inner voices" to come through loud and clear, lol!  grin

I think my best purchase would be the earplugs. I use wax ones made by Quies and wear them every night (along with an eyemask). I've got a Really Old pair of headphones and may consider Bose if/when these bust. I'm reluctant to replace them if they still do the job. I also looked into light/sound machines back in the day but never got round to actually hitting 'buy'. If yours is sitting around gathering dust, chuck it my way!  wink Your illness sounds horrendous (I've just looked it up) and must be problematic when practising...well, when living day-to-day also. Where's the hug emoticon? ((hug))

I'm going to have a go at mental ping-pong this week - sounds fun.  cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 87