The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. January 24, 2022, 20:36:08

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87
2026  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Development Group on: August 29, 2004, 10:42:41
Dave - that's great news about going home.  I bet you can't wait.  Have a enjoyable and relaxing time and we'll hear from you when you are good and ready!

Stephanie - I don't recall your edited post - never mind.  Things do start happening when you practice NEW, I agree.  With me, it is very subtle, almost imperceptible, but I'm aware of it.  Fleeting images that I'm sure I've seen before, slight deja vu, knowing what someone will say/do a nanosecond before they say/do it.  That kind of thing.

Massage

As to massage, my feet are the happiest feet in our household, with all the attention they are getting!  It certainly works.

Blockages

I haven't come across blockages yet (apart from my feet at the beginning).  I tend to find that sometimes everything works, and sometimes both legs don't respond.  I've never had little parts that don't work.  At the moment I'm taking this as a positive sign!

Reactions and Feelings

Watching your reactions and feelings - that's very interesting.  I do that occasionally automatically - it teaches you a lot about yourself doesn't it?  [Smiley]

Books

I've just started reading 'The Power of Now'.  I've only read the introduction and I'm reading it slowly, so I take it all in!!!

Meditation

I've started healing myself during meditation.  I visualise a little crew of construction men working on repairing my muscles.  I've only had one session so far, and I felt a bit silly, but I know with time, it will become easier and I'll start to really feel what my little men are doing.  I've come to the conclusion that one of the biggest factors (for me) with meditation is focus.  I am so prone to my mind wandering.  I have to bring it back to my muscles and the hard hats and JCBs.  If I remain focused, I get the job done and am unaware of everything else, including time.

AP/OBEs

I'm still having them, averaging once a week (that's been the same for about a year).  However, I'm having more 'interesting' experiences, such as finding myself in grey empty spaces (voids?) and going through colours and stuff.  More advanced, I think.  Actually Stephanie, I must tell you, the other night I could see a computer and was trying to get Astral Pulse up on the screen, so I could go into the posts, to tell you what it was like!!!  I didn't manage it.

Lucid Dreaming

Occasional, but I seem to forget what happens next after I've decided to go travelling [Sad]  Hi ho.

Update on NEW

I continue with preliminary exercises on my feet, legs, hands and arms.  It is going well, and I get mild sensations, tingles and what I might describe as the tide coming up one’s leg or arm during a calm sea.

Today, I decided to try the bouncing exercises.  My legs weren’t playing, so I moved onto my arms.  Great success.  It felt like I had one of those plastic small tubes right in the centre of each arm, with cold water running up and down it.  As I bounced some more, the water stayed in the middle and when my awareness was at the hand, the water swayed towards my hand, when my awareness was at my shoulder, the water swayed towards my shoulder.  It was a very ‘continuous’ feeling, nothing like the tidal feelings.  And it was cold, but I didn’t feel cold.  It was very deep, very central, and I am very pleased with this.

I then tried the spinal bounce.  My spine wasn’t playing either, but this is something I definitely want to work on, as I get a lot of backache, especially at the bottom.

So, I feel I’ve moved a small step in the right direction.

Miscellaneous

Where are you Utmost Certainty? [:O]

Take care all.

Sarah
2027  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / taoism on: August 29, 2004, 10:06:27
Hi 0

I read The Tao of Pooh quite recently, knowing nothing about Taoism.

It is a brilliant read, and I added a thread to the Book Recommendations section about it.

It's very simple, easy to read, and outlines how Winnie the Pooh was a classic taoist.  After reading it, I feel I know enough about taoism for my purposes, I'm not interested in the technical/religious side of it (if there is one!).  I just know I want to be like Pooh in my everyday life. [^]

I can heartily recommend it to anyone who has even a passing interest in taoism.

Now back to my jar of honey [Wink]

Sarah [Smiley]
2028  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Hello! on: August 27, 2004, 16:01:52
Hello and welcome.

If TK stands for Telekinesis, you will want to go to the General Metaphysics section.

Enjoy!

Sarah
2029  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Beware the Talking Monkeys! on: August 27, 2004, 15:28:22
quote:
Originally posted by astralpwka

I can see this spirit sitting around drinking his astral beer with his buddies sharing the sexual exploit. Their response: "Wow, next time I get to wear the hat!"

*Selski has just laughed her head off and it has rolled to the other side of the room!*

- here is her head!
2030  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / new private message on: August 26, 2004, 19:26:52
That's funny!

Sarah
2031  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Mind Control & Cults on: August 26, 2004, 19:24:17
My best friend got herself involved in a cult.  

The church we’d grown up with had disbanded, due to unsavoury goings-on (which we didn’t find out until many years later, because we were both young at the time).

We used to go to a rather gothic nightclub and the “cult” members lured us from there.  (In hindsight, this was an inspired concept by them!)  Actually, they tried to get us both, but I wasn’t completely comfortable with their style of church, so I opted out.  It coincided with meeting my husband and moving away from the area too, so in retrospect I was the lucky one!  

Unfortunately, not only my best friend, but also both her younger sisters became involved.  I lost regular contact with my best friend (due to living elsewhere and getting on with married life) so I wasn’t aware of what was happening.  My husband and I then moved to Hong Kong for a couple of years and during that period, the “cult” status of the church was exposed to the Press – by my best friend.  The leader had abused his control in typical male fashion, suppressing creativity, advising against working outside of the church and generally abusing the females, albeit in a very clever and manipulative way.  I don’t think I need say more on this point.

It has made her a stronger person for going through it, but I don’t know whether she’d do the same, given the choice all over again.  In a purely selfish way, it has benefited me enormously.  I have the caution and wariness given to me without learning the lesson the hard way.

Sarah
2032  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Nodding Off While Meditating on: August 26, 2004, 14:36:17
Hi BlackTalon

I haven't got an answer for you, but just to say, it's not absolutely vital to not rest your back.  I physically can't sit upright due to a disability, so I have to lean against something, and it hasn't affected my meditation.

However, someone else may have some exercises to help you, possibly Adept of Light, who seems very knowledgeable in the field of meditation!

Sarah
2033  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Don't you get sick of being human? on: August 26, 2004, 13:54:38
quote:
Originally posted by MakiZero

Everywhere I look I see mindless people apart of the system that know nothing of the truth.

And the truth is... ?  

Sarah
2034  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / This Will Solve All Our Forum Problems on: August 25, 2004, 19:18:22
I'm on broadband and got bored waiting for it to load!

Just shows how impatient we are these days.

Sarah
2035  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Help with Healing Myself on: August 25, 2004, 17:56:44
Thank you both for taking the time to respond.  Your advice is greatly appreciated, and will be taken on board.

Rastus - the construction crew starts work on Friday! - thank you so much.

Lots of warm love.

Sarah
2036  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Hi everybody! on: August 24, 2004, 12:41:33
I care.

Sarah
2037  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Development Group on: August 23, 2004, 18:56:28
I have good news and good news - which do you want first?!

I've managed to get my feet going!  It was a great feeling - I got the awareness going in and out of each toe and wrapping around.  I'd had a shower beforehand and rubbed some cream into my feet (thanks, Stephanie - I've started liking my feet!), so they were quite stimulated to start with.  I even got the soles of my feel going!!

I've now had about 2 weeks doing preliminary work on my feet, hands, arms and legs and whilst I don't practice every single day, I do most days.  I've had possibly 4 days where I've not felt anything, but continued with the practice session anyway.

My question thus far is, how long did you spend on the preliminary work before you moved on?  I'm just about to consider the energy bouncing exercises, but I feel I'm not quite ready yet.  I suppose my question is not so much how long did you spend, but how did you know you were ready to move on to the energy body circuit exercises?

Advice, as always, very appreciated.

Sarah
2038  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Experiment - all welcome to participate on: August 20, 2004, 15:19:30
The three items are:

a pair of sunglasses (tortoiseshell frames)

a brown recorder (musical instrument)

a red torch (flashlight)

major ka said he saw a black shiny stone - the sunglasses lens could be misconstrued as a shiny black pebble?

Awakening - you were spot on with "something long and cylindrical", because that describes a recorder perfectly!!

As to everyone else - I think you were all in someone else's bedroom!!

Cheers everyone - I enjoyed it, and I can now reclaim my bedside table and put my usual "femaley" things back on it!

Sarah
2039  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Development Group on: August 20, 2004, 13:30:18
Stephanie

Thanks for your advice about feet - I will take it on board! [Smiley]

I've had 'The Power of Now' recommended to me recently, and have just ordered it from Amazon.  I can't wait to get started on it and it's good to hear you are getting positive energy from it.

Sarah
2040  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Development Group on: August 20, 2004, 09:24:34
Thought I'd update you as to where I am with NEW.

I start on my toes, however, I'm having problems with my feet generally.  I know where it stems from.  Firstly, I'm a bit squeamish about feet.  If anyone starts talking about operations on their feet, my whole insides just curl up and I want to tell them to shut up!  Secondly, I don't have much physical feeling in my feet, I haven't the ability to separate my toes, they stay together when I try, and my feet are almost always cold (and often numb inside).  Thirdly, I had an operation on both feet about 20 years ago (possibly where my squeamishness stems from) and a few nerves in one foot never quite fully recovered.  And finally, fourthly, I'm incredibly ticklish on  my feet and won't let anyone near them, especially the soles.  

So, all in all, the thought of moving awareness to my feet is already a stumbling block, before I've even done anything!

I did try this morning, but wasn't getting anywhere, so I moved onto my legs.

I have a feeling that feet are very important and I mustn't neglect them (for grounding reasons and so on), so I will persevere with them, but they seem to be causing me to "stutter" with NEW.  Perhaps I'll spend more time with my feet and get to know them better.  Robert Bruce does say that looking after them, massaging them, putting cream on them, does help.  I'd just rather not!!

Even writing this is making me toes curl!!  Ridiculous, isn't it?

So, if any of you come across parts of your body that won't respond, don't immediately put it down to an energy block - it may be a psychological block (as I believe mine is).

BTW Stephanie - thanks for encouraging me to read Astral Dynamics again, I've gleaned so much more from it the second time around, especially the NEW section.  I just wish he hadn't started with feet!!  Oh, and great to see you're in the group!!

As to quietening the mind during meditation, I was advised to count breating.  You can also focus on the action of your breathing, even imagining a strong healthy colour on the inhale, and a different colour on the exhale.  I found I got quite absorbed in this, and my surface mind forgot about everything else!  Trouble was, after a while, my mind got used to this and was able to continue with the counting/colours, and also chatter away as well!!  But it did help, and I find I'm much better at keeping it quiet now.

Dave - I notice you said you get to the point where your body is relaxed enough to "fall asleep" before you practice NEW.  Don't you find it hard to point your awareness on your body if it's so relaxed?  I find relaxing very easy (not boasting, just saying) and at times when my eyes are closed, I get the feeling my leg (for instance) is bent awkwardly, even when I know for sure it's out straight.  This makes it difficult for me to move my awareness, because it wants to go one way and I'm trying to make it go another way!!  So, when I practice NEW, I tend not to relax to the point of 'limpness'.

Finally, (this is long post - sorry), since starting NEW, I'm having more lucid dreams.  I even had one last night where I was talking to my husband.  In the dream, he looked nothing like what he does in real life.  I said to him, "this is a dream, I know this is a dream, because you don't look like that really" and decided to dispose of the dream and have an OBE.  Unfortunately, I immediately forgot what happened next!!!  All good stuff though.

OK.  I'll stop now before I wear my keyboard out!

Sarah

2041  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Amazing lucid dream with an OBE on: August 20, 2004, 08:56:40
quote:
Originally posted by ady

Recently I started drinking more water (to fight my headaches) and this tiredness became very rare (as well have my headaches dissappeared).

I had a spell where I was drinking a lot of water.  Then I cut down somewhat, by about half.  I got so tired.  My homoeopath told me the reason I was fatigued was because I'd reduced my water intake, and my body was dehydrating (even though I didn't feel dehydrated).  I drank more again, and felt better.

On a separate issue, I posted something about radio sounds a while ago.  It may be of interest to you.  Here's the link:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13384

Sarah

2042  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Leg Separation! on: August 20, 2004, 08:49:14
Great news AntiGravity!

Keep at it.

Sarah

2043  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Experiment - all welcome to participate on: August 19, 2004, 18:56:51
*Bump*

To remind everyone that tomorrow is D-day. [Cheesy]

Any more partakers, you have only a few hours to go...

Tick tock.

Sarah
2044  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Virtual Reality Projection on: August 19, 2004, 09:06:35
You mean you still can't project after 100 years of trying??!!

There's no hope for you, I'm afraid. [Wink][Wink]

Seriously, you might want to think about projecting into books only after you've got used to projecting itself.  You go through so many emotions when you have OBEs, and there's so many possibilities, that you end up getting all excited which zaps you back into the physical.

I've been having OBEs for about a year now and I still find going through doors/windows/walls a real hoot.  Just that alone can keep me occupied for the duration!!

However, if you really want to go into a book, keep it on the side near to where you are practising projection, and think about it all the time.  Make it your absolute intent to project into the book.

Good luck!

Sarah
2045  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Virtual Reality Projection on: August 19, 2004, 07:35:53
It's possible.  Why not try it and let us know how you fare?

I keep trying to go through the back of the wardrobe, in the hope that I find myself in Narnia.  Haven't succeeded yet, but I am fully expecting to be in Narnia, therefore, I probably will be.

I've also done some pencil drawings of a mystical castle hidden in some mountains.  I've framed them and hung them on the wall.  I plan to project into them too, with the idea that I end up in "my very own castle".  However, whenever I have an OBE, I keep forgetting about my drawings!!

Anything is possible, in my opinion.

Sarah
2046  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / eye movement on: August 18, 2004, 18:29:28
lostzen

I've just started moving awareness and whilst I have my eyes closed, and I'm not looking at where I'm focusing, some part of my 'vision' is doing the stirring/stroking motion.  It's really odd, because I have studied this strangeness, and don't really know what it is.  Perhaps it is the 'astral eye' moving round.  But I can keep my 'real' eyes focused on the blackness behind my eyelids, but still something is mimicking the motion in my head.

Weird

Sarah
2047  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Amazing lucid dream with an OBE on: August 18, 2004, 18:21:03
My OBE experiences have been very similar.  Mostly from afternoon naps, a lot of times when hearing radio sounds.  And when I think "I'm not bothered if it happens or not today".

I think an incredibly passive state of mind, almost to the point of indifference, works with OBEs.

However, I don't why!

Sarah
2048  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Anyone like music? on: August 18, 2004, 14:31:18
quote:
Originally posted by Naiad780

Slowdive

WOW!!  Someone else who knows Slowdive, never mind likes them!

They are brilliant, and sadly no more.  Mojave 3 are good too.

Sarah
2049  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Anyone like music? on: August 18, 2004, 11:48:58
In no particular order:

Cocteau Twins
The Tindersticks
Leonard Cohen
Sigur Ros
Pulp

to name a few.

Sarah

Oh, and Faithless - how could I forget them? [Wink]
2050  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Just Get Naked on: August 16, 2004, 16:52:59
quote:
Originally posted by runlola

But think of all the money you would save not having to buy clothes!

What would women do with themselves if they didn't have to go shopping for clothes? [Smiley]

Sarah
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87