The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 24, 2017, 06:54:35

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85]
2101  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / f*cking footy on: June 24, 2004, 10:01:21
And I thought you were moaning about Euro 2004!
[Cheesy]
2102  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Date of Own Death on: June 24, 2004, 09:59:46
I think you are right, but my brain is hurting now.

Sarah
2103  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Flying in a Lucid dream on: June 24, 2004, 09:46:26
When I was little I used to fly like Superman in my dreams.  

Nowadays when I get lucid, my thoughts tend to automatically turn towards sex...

Lickerish - that's a very interesting name.  That's all I'll say on the subject!

Sarah
2104  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Just seen 'The Wicker Man'... Wow! on: June 24, 2004, 07:45:22
Fallnangel177

Re: socks

This is a song called 'Lost Property' by the Divine Comedy

Postcards and letters
T-shirts and sweaters
Passports and Parkas
Mobiles and chargers
Two tennis rackets
Blue Rizla packets
A new sheep-skin jacket
I lost it all

All through my life there have been
Many rare and precious things
I have tried to call mine
But I just cannot seem
To keep hold of anything
For more than a short time
Possessions of a sentimental kind
They were mine, now they're not

Gym-kits and trainers
Asthma inhalers
Silk-cuts and Bennies
Ten-packs and twenties
C-class narcotics
Antibiotics
The holes in my pockets
I lost it all

All that I'd like is to know
Just where do those lost things go?
When they slip from my hands
Then one night in a dream
I passed through a sheepskin screen
To a green, pleasant land
I found them all piled up into the sky
And I cried tears of joy

I suspect the odd socks are here too!!

Sarah
2105  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Date of Own Death on: June 24, 2004, 07:25:18
Lighthouse - that's interesting, I've always thought I'd die in my 60s (my dream suggests I'll be 63).  Perhaps my subconscious knew this and played my dream out accordingly.

Is it just a hunch that you'll die at that age?
2106  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / The start of a beautiful thing on: June 23, 2004, 15:21:49
Excellent.  Nice one!

2107  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Just seen 'The Wicker Man'... Wow! on: June 23, 2004, 14:31:30
The M25 motorway is a 'fairly' new motorway.  I guess a lot of things end up under motorways?  You'd be amazed where odd socks end up.

Hi ho.
2108  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / OBE and False Awakening on: June 23, 2004, 14:08:31
Hey Zangatese

I have a lot of empathy with you - I feel the same way too!

Because I have had genuine OBEs, my dreams are now able to mimic exactly what an OBE is like, thereby making it difficult for me to decide whether my experience is an OBE or a dream.

I went through a period where I started to disbelieve I was having OBEs.  I thought I was having false awakenings, albeit very close to reality awakenings, and because they were very close to reality (almost like the top layer of an awakening), my consciousness was so crystal clear that I strongly believed that I really was leaving my body and going walkabout.

However, in February of this year, I did the playing card experiment and 'saw' the correct card, so this proved to me that something was happening, more than just a dream.

But I am still unsure at times.  My OBEs tend to be short too and also happen in the morning, after I've first awoke and then returned to sleep.  I do have them in the afternoon, upon coming out of an afternoon nap.  These tend to be better and longer.  

It's the fact that the dreams are so 'OBE-like' that really gets me.  I even had a dream that I OBE'd in the middle of a dream and then returned to the dream (complicated or what?).

So I haven't really got any answers for you, but just to say that I too have the same problem.  It's not only you.

Ho hum.

Sarah
2109  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Date of Own Death on: June 23, 2004, 13:19:06
If you don't ever hear from me again after 29 April 2030, assume the dream has come true!

By then, I'll be an old lady anyway.

And computers will probably not be as we know them...

Hi ho.
2110  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Just seen 'The Wicker Man'... Wow! on: June 23, 2004, 12:30:17
You have three versions to choose from? - wow, lucky you.  For a start, I'd go for the limited version, it's probably the one that was released initially.

Mind you, I don't really know.  I thought there were only two versions.  I think it should be about 95 minutes long?  Maybe 100 minutes?

See if anyone else can help you here first.

Enjoy - I'm sure you will.
2111  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Just seen 'The Wicker Man'... Wow! on: June 23, 2004, 12:20:08
The Americans will probably do a 'next year's harvest', save Sgt Howie at the last minute and everyone will live happily ever after.

I'll be damned if I go and see it!

There was loads of Christopher Lee's speeches cut out of the film.  He quotes that it is the best film he's acted in.  I think the unedited version was shown on UK TV (I think we videoed it), with all the extras in.

My worry was that if the next year's harvest failed, they may take Lord Summerisle himself, as the biggest sacrifice.

Hi ho.
2112  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Just seen 'The Wicker Man'... Wow! on: June 23, 2004, 12:03:06
My favourite film of all time.  I've seen it about 10 times.

The scene with Britt Eckland (that scene) is not actually her, it is a body double.

Lord Summerisle is my hero.

I just love the conflict between two beliefs and the fact that both sides believe their beliefs to be right (that's a lot of believing!) [Wink]

I also own the soundtrack on CD - cracking stuff, although Edward Woodward's voice is edited out for some reason.  

Willow's song is an absolute corker.

And by the way, I'm female and straight.
2113  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / The Neverending Story on: June 17, 2004, 08:07:53
Why the hell not? , the exclaimed in unison.

They each hung onto one of the dragons wings (yes, the dragon had three wings) and the big pink dragon flew to its home, a castle in the hills.  It was a purple castle with lots of towers and a big green moat.

The dragon landed at the door to the castle and said, "if you want to enter, you must say the magic word"

Locke, Bob and Indrid looked at each other puzzled.  Suddenly, Locke said...
2114  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Chakra pronounciation poll on: June 16, 2004, 15:05:21
8. Chah-cra
2115  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / The Neverending Story on: June 16, 2004, 15:02:14
Awwwww.  I was just enjoying that.[Sad]

Boo hoo.
2116  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Conjoined effort to read a card OBE on: June 16, 2004, 11:17:11
I'm fairly new on this website, but I have done the playing card experiment (after I read Astral Dynamics by Robert) and it worked for me.

I saw two black J's at the top corner of the card and then a blue A halfway down, so I didn't see EXACTLY what the card looked like.  Upon awakening, I knew the card was either Jack of clubs or Jack of Spades.  I thought about the blue A and decided that, to me, the A looked more like a spade than a club.  I deduced that the card was the Jack of Spades.

It was!

I only did it to prove to ME that it was more than an active imagination!

I followed Robert's instructions, as he tells you to return to your body once you've seen the card, which I've never done before.  When I got back to the lounge, where my real body was lay, I suddenly got really happy and walked up the wall and onto the ceiling!  Then I re-entered my body and fully awoke.

I have to say, it is one of my best OBEs so far.

Sarah
2117  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Euro 2004 on: June 10, 2004, 09:56:49
4-2 to England against France?  You're having a laugh, aren't you?  Yes, I'm English, but I'm also realistic.  We'll get trounced by the French.

Luis Figo is my all time favourite player.  Nothing to do with his playing skills - I just think he's gorgeous!

My bro-in-law plays trumpet in the England band so he'll be out there.  Give him a wave if you see him.  His name's Laurence.

Hi ho.
2118  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / To live is... on: June 03, 2004, 10:51:41
to live is...

...to breathe

(You did say it was a FUN thread!!)
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85]