The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 17, 2022, 09:10:09

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 87
276  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Do you think this works? on: February 01, 2008, 09:27:00
Hi dwos

You never know unless you try. 

Sarah
277  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Falling asleep on: January 29, 2008, 10:57:06
Hard concentration on my forehead has actually caused me head aches in the past. I just naturally stopped letting that happen and as you say, relaxing is the key.

Me too.  I found that during relaxing, I'd notice my forehead was puckered into a frown - due to concentrating on being relaxed!!!  grin

I learned to stop focusing on relaxing, and just relax.  Easier said than done, but it was much better.

Sarah
278  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Everything I've done for OBE, AP, and Higher Frequency on: January 29, 2008, 10:53:52
ok ya for stupid people.

Huh?  Fear of pain or death would stop me from doing either of the examples I mentioned.

What would stop you?  If you say something like, "well, that would be just plain silly to run into fire," that is FEAR talking. 

Ask yourself why it would be silly? 
Because you'd get burned yes
So what? 
So it would hurt, yes
So what? 
I don't want to get hurt

That is Fear.  Fear of being hurt. 

Fear is not a wimpish thing - as I said before it is a survival mechanism and an important part of our biology.

Do they not teach this at school anymore?

Sarah
279  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Everything I've done for OBE, AP, and Higher Frequency on: January 28, 2008, 17:59:19
Quote from: 369
Explain.

Fear is a survival mechanism.  It stops you jumping off buildings and running into rooms full of fire.  It can save your life.

Sarah
280  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Falling asleep on: January 28, 2008, 14:25:05
I'm thinking that we all don't have a  consensus on the meaning of the terms concentrate or concentration in the context of describing the experience of achieving a trance state that will lead to phasing or Astral Perception.

I think we don't have a consensus on the meaning of any terms!  grin

A lot of the posts here end up going round in circles about the meaning of a certain word.  Even the word 'dream' can mean different things to different people.

For myself, I found 'concentrating' to be a barrier when relaxing.  It was too restrictive.  I tend to 'let go', 'go with it' and 'relax further into the sensations'.  Which is pretty much the opposite of how I interpret the word 'concentrate'.  I had to allow my mind to slip further towards sleep, otherwise "concentrating" kept me from the hypnogogics.  There is a fine line that you need to walk, but concentration kept me from getting anywhere near that line.

Maybe I've got it wrong.  Maybe concentration is the key.  It might be so, given that I can't get 'there' every time - it is still hit and miss - often I will slip too far over the line and fall asleep.

Concentration simply wasn't helping me.

BTW, good luck with the terminology.  Be prepared to have it minutely dissected when it's ready.  smiley

Quote from: DJ
Well on and off for the last 4 years

From my personal experience, you have to literally eat, breathe and sleep OBEs.  Saturate yourself with them.  Think about them constantly.  "On and off" doesn't sound like it's a real burning passion.

If I have even a couple of weeks when my mind hasn't got OBE near the front, then you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll have no experiences.

Sarah
281  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Falling asleep on: January 27, 2008, 10:20:55
Hi DJ Faceless

How long have you been trying? 

It can take months, sometimes years, before one learns Mind Awake Body Asleep.  I'm not saying this is true for everyone, but I would say the majority need to practice, practice, practice.

Took me months.  Even now, years later, it's still hit and miss, and most times I fall asleep.

Sarah
282  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Everything I've done for OBE, AP, and Higher Frequency on: January 25, 2008, 19:20:58
I avoid these things because they are unhealthy.

Being fearful can actually save your life.

Sarah
283  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Let's here what you do to... on: January 25, 2008, 19:18:35
Put the thought in a balloon, tie the end and let it go.  Wave bye bye. 

Get the next balloon ready...  tongue

Eventually I can have a few seconds of utter peace.  Time doesn't exist. 

And then I think, "I'm doing it, YEAH!!!" which shatters the peace and I need to start all over again.

Sarah
284  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Are you one of Us ? on: January 24, 2008, 08:33:02
Can you tell me the experiences you have had with those beings?

I haven't had any experience with those beings.  The reason I attached the link is that it is a well documented event during sleep paralysis.  I believe it's also known as "The Old Hag".

I just thought it might be of interest to you - you may want to look at your experiences from a different angle, that's all.  smiley

Sarah
285  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Unusual dream : My first Lucid Dream ? on: January 23, 2008, 16:26:50
Mez

So if I have a lucid dream about a dead relative (for example) and they give me information which turns out to be true (having no prior knowledge), would you term that I was having an F3 overlay in an F2 experience?

And if I have a traditional OBE where I 'separate' from the physical and walk through the nearest wall into the same experience with the dead person... what would you call that?  Straight into F3?  Or is it F1 with F3 overlays (as Frank placed RTZ OBEs in F1)?

Sarah
286  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Are you one of Us ? on: January 23, 2008, 16:15:19
No one can expose aliens only aliens can expose themselves.

How do you know this?

If that is what it takes for people to open their eyes then all I can say is the human race is stupid.

It would make me wonder.  But yes, the human race is stupid, I agree.

I saw a being with a purple robe, dagger, during sleep paralysis.

So that's your proof of aliens, is it?  Sleep paralysis is known for these kinds of hallucinations.  Based on your proof, it seems that my blue devil was an alien then after all?  Have you considered that the being might have been manifested by You?

Another one was brown, short, looked like this

It jumped on top of me during my dream and started humping me a.k.a. sucking my energy.

Someone will most likely say, "oh you just watched the movie".
It wasn't exactly like the image.

"Oh, you just watched the movie."

grin

Have you seen this painting?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Looks like your guy a bit eh?  That was painted in 1781.

Sarah
287  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Are you one of Us ? on: January 22, 2008, 20:34:02
If aliens wanted to make their presence known, I'm sure they wouldn't use astral projection forums.  It's too corny, too crazy, and very few will take them seriously.

Now, if everyone in the world had EXACTLY the same dream on the same night.  About aliens.  Then we might start taking notice.

Are you able to do that nibiru?  Coz that would really shake things up.

Or, as an alternative, if you want the earth, why not leave us humans to it for another coupla hundred years or so.  We are so intent on destroying ourselves that we should be extinct by then and you aliens can all live as you like on our land.

Sarah
288  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Unusual dream : My first Lucid Dream ? on: January 22, 2008, 10:44:17
Hi Mez

I see you fully subscribe to Frank's model.

I still don't get it though.  How do you know if you are in F2 or F3? 

I can only deduce that the one way of confirming your belief is through validation with another living person.  If you believe in dream-sharing (which you mentioned), then this would really confuse things. 

So if you see your best mate and have a conversation which you both remember afterwards - this would be F3?

What if it's a shared dream?  Then surely you are in F2 by your standards?

I'm not knocking Frank's model, not at all.  At first I went along with it, but after quite a few more experiences under my belt, I've come to the conclusion it's inadequate.  At least for me.

Sarah
289  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Unusual dream : My first Lucid Dream ? on: January 21, 2008, 10:45:53
I used to believe dreams took place in the astral.

Out of curiosity, what would you say is the difference between a dream environment and an astral environment?  If they are different focuses, how do you tell one from another?  If they are different places, again how do you tell them apart. 

I find that with my experiences, they do tend to overlap each other and what I used to all an 'astral' experience was based on level of lucidity.  So, if I was more lucid than normal, I'd determine that to be astral.  However, I've had some dreams which were even more lucid than I'd ever been, and so I revised my beliefs. 

Now my belief is "I have no idea".  However, I also believe it doesn't matter what label we put on an experience.  It's the experience itself that counts, in my opinion.  smiley

Sarah
290  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Unusual dream : My first Lucid Dream ? on: January 20, 2008, 12:55:37
Hi Mez  smiley

Are your dream characters ever 2-D?  Only, I've been thinking about mine and in any kind of dream, mine are always full 3-D normal everyday human characters.  There is an exception which is when I observe a dream, rather than be in it.  Which is just like watching a film but you are fast asleep.

When I use the term 'more dreamier aspects', my aspects are people that I know are alive, or famous people and so on.  These are what I would term my imagination getting in the way of my real dream, if you like.

What about you?  It's interesting isn't it?  We all think we know what we mean when we say dreaming, and yet it can be different.  Someone who has lucid dreamed all their lives would assume that everyone can do this and so on.  I always dream in colour and assumed everyone did.  And yet another person I know believes that you are in the 'astral' if you dream in colour.  Round and round we go.

Sarah
291  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Are you one of Us ? on: January 20, 2008, 11:07:47
We are seeking for individuals who witnessed the presence of Alien Entities.

During an OBE many moons ago I had just separated from the physical and was making my way across the bed to get to the door so I could go and explore.  As I looked up, there was a blue "devil" standing by the wardrobe.

He looked at me but didn't move. 

I wasn't afraid one little jot.  I thought I'd try something, see what the reaction would be.

I pointed at him and laughed out loud, doubling up and hollering.  You see, to me he looked like someone on his way to a fancy dress party, with his face painted blue and his little red horns.  evil

When I looked up again, he'd gone.

Was that an alien?  If so, you'll need to do better than that.

Quote from: nibiru
We are re-creating the most Ancient Religion to Rise.

I think us humans have had enough of religions.  They bring nothing but hate, death and misery, ancient or otherwise.

Sarah
292  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Are we all gonna die in 2012????? on: January 19, 2008, 14:14:27
I've been given my death date too and I'm gonna survive 2012 - so at least two of us will be partying on new year's eve, 2012.  grin

Sarah
293  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Unusual dream : My first Lucid Dream ? on: January 19, 2008, 14:12:19
Hi truth_seeker

Lucid dreams are hard to define totally.  I've been what I would term 100% lucid (although of course there is no way of measuring this) and having a rational, logical conversation with someone I know to be dead.  Then out of the blue, some strange event will happen that doesn't seem to 'fit' with the situation. 

It's difficult to know what completely lucid really is.  Even in waking reality, we are often not focused on the moment.  How lucid would you say you are right now?  Dreams are similar.  You can have a lucid dream but be, say 50% lucid.  The dream can still be fuzzy even if you feel 100% lucid, just like waking reality can seem fuzzy at times.  smiley

"Clarity Now" may or may not help.  I've never used it.  When I become lucid, I am then able to look at things in a totally different perspective.  It's not so much that the dream becomes clearer, it's you that becomes clearer.  That's how it works for me anyway.

One thing that I do if I want to get rid of the more 'dreamier' aspects is to find the nearest door/window/wall and go through it.  As I'm going through I place intent that I will now be in a 'real' place, rather than my own imagination.  You can term this place 'astral', 'F3' or whatever you wish, doesn't really matter. 

On the other side of the door/window/wall, the environment tends to be more stable and the characters you come across have their own agenda and seem to be going about their business regardless of you.

Hope this helps.  Any further questions, just ask!

Sarah
294  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Re: Not able to upload my pic on: January 18, 2008, 19:16:14
which may be a year from now

LOL!  Funniest thing I've read all day.  Thanks Stookie!!!!  grin wink

Sarah
295  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Unusual dream : My first Lucid Dream ? on: January 18, 2008, 19:14:09
was this a Lucid Dream ? , since after realizing that I am dreaming,

Well, the fact that a Lucid Dream means that one realizes they are dreaming (and nothing else) I'd say yes, that was a Lucid Dream.  The rest is irrelevant to your question, but I will respond thus...

(1)  This is normal, in my experience.  Occasionally it works, occasionally it doesn't.  About 50/50.  No idea why.  It doesn't seem to do with level of lucidity.

(2)  Ha - I fail every time!  Try to manifest someone (as in anyone).  This works better (but not always).

(3)  Great - floating is good.  I do it most times.  In my lucid dreams, dreamlike things do happen, even if I feel I am 100% lucid, such as switching environments at the drop of a hat.  My advice?  Go with it and don't question it.

(4)  You were scared to fall off what?  I suspect fear played a big part in this failure, yes.

(5)  Quite normal.  That wish you believe you will go to/experience, can be a reality.  Not always.

(6)  As there was no way of verifying this, how do you know that you failed?

100% control I'm not actually sure is possible.  100% lucidity is, but that doesn't necessarily mean you have a blank canvas to play on.  I suspect that we enter a different reality when we dream.  And when we are lucid, we are more able to interact rationally with the other characters, who are not our imagination.  Therefore, we would never be able to play God.  And quite right too.

As for your latest post - yes, yes and yes.  Even the dreamy stuff can be realer than reality.  Lucid dreams can be far more 'real' than how you feel whilst reading this.

Sarah
296  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hey. on: December 12, 2007, 16:21:21
Hi IlvC0h3reNt

Good to see you!  And welcome to the Forums.

It's packed with great stuff, so make yourself at home and enjoy your stay!  smiley

Sarah
297  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Astral experience explanation on: November 28, 2007, 18:38:42
Based on personal gut feeling, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could chuck him.

Sarah
298  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What do you think of him? on: November 28, 2007, 18:37:12
Hi Beneath

This is currently being discussed in the following thread...

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_experiences/astral_experience_explanation-t27074.0.html;msg225479#msg225479

In which case, I will lock this one, save two going concurrently.  smiley

Sarah
299  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Projection From This Afternoon on: November 28, 2007, 18:03:08
When I read this I went... "Oh wow!" at the part where you talk about feeling yourself smile and the colourful flowers.

I've had very similar occasions where I "can't see" but know where everything is, and look at my hands.  I can see my hands, but don't think to ask myself why I can't see anything else!  tongue

I also think you were correct about the negative energy coming from your husband's telephone conversation.

I'm looking forward to reading more from you!  smiley

Sarah
300  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Menacing Looking Man...? Help on: November 28, 2007, 17:48:02
Hi Beneath_the_Roses

I have a similar place where more often than not I tend to experience something.  This place is the spare bedroom at my parents.  It's not where I grew up, so there are no ties with it, but for some reason it works!  Perhaps it's to do with feeling safe, secure and therefore more relaxed?

The man could be anyone, anything, in my opinion.  I've had experiences where I've had a young man lying on my bedroom floor floating around while I was astral.  I wasn't scared of him, but worried that we might "touch" and what the effect would be - when we did finally 'bump' into each other, nothing happened!  We simply went through each other - just like you experienced.

It could be a manifestation of a small fear you felt.  It could have been another projector who initially was curious about you and because you showed fear, he became more fearful in your eyes.  Thoughts tend to manifest in the astral. 

People believe different things about the astral world.  There are those that will caution you against negs, those who believe negs are as real as you or I.  Then there are those who believe negs are a product of your fear, but no less real, however not existing outside of yourself, if that makes sense.

I cannot say what is and what is not, for I do not know everything.  However, given my personal experiences thus far in the astral (only 4 years young), I have never come across a "neg" that I haven't deemed to be my own fear.  Those that I'm not sure about I tend to laugh at - they usually disappear.  I've never come back in fear of my own life.  But that isn't to say these things are out there - I would never assume to know for sure - it's just what I believe thus far.

Hope this is helpful.  smiley

Sarah
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 87