The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 01, 2022, 18:20:03

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 87
326  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: How do I obtain Astral Travel? on: November 06, 2007, 11:39:36
Hi phase190

No need to apologise - sometimes people say 'head' when they mean 'mind' and I just wanted to make sure you meant your head!  smiley

The head area is one of the most difficult areas to relax.  There is a specific relaxation of the head on the Monroe's Wave I Discovery CD, but if you don't own it, it's not worth the money just to relax your head!

Here's a very rough version of his rundown (very rough as I can't remember the words he uses).  Anything similar to what I've written will suffice - it doesn't have to be exact.  Concentrate on the parts that you personally find difficult.

You should be saying these words to yourself in your mind while you are relaxing, and after you have relaxed your body...

Write your own script down and get to know it very well, because each time you say these words, the parts of your head will know that it's time to relax.  Over time, you will simply be able to use just the numbers and it will be a lot quicker...

The words should be said slowly with (say) a 2-second gap between sentences and a 5-second gap between numbers.  Again, it's up to you - do whatever works for you.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

1.  Focus your mind on your cheeks.  Allow your cheeks to relax.  Feel your cheeks slowly and surely going to sleep.

Wait 5 seconds - relaxing - checking on your cheeks that they are relaxed.

2.  Focus your mind on your mouth and jaw.  Allow your mouth and jaw to relax.  Feel your mouth and jaw slowly and surely falling asleep.

5 seconds.

3.  Focus your mind on your eyelids.  Allow your eyelids to relax.  Feel your eyelids slowly and surely going to sleep.  Relax.

5 seconds.

4.  Focus your mind on your eyes, on the nerves and muscles that control the movement of the eyes.  Allow those nerves and muscles to relax.  Feel your eyes slowly and surely falling asleep.

5 seconds.

5.  Focus your mind on your forehead.  Allow your forehead to relax.  Feel the tension release outwards and upwards from your forehead.  Feel your forehead slowly and surely going to sleep.  Relax.

5 seconds.

6.  Focus your mind on your scalp.  Allow your scalp to relax.  Feel your scalp slowly and surely falling asleep.  Relax.

5 seconds.

7.  Focus your mind on the whole of your head, from the top of your scalp to your neck.  Allow the head to relax, to let go.  Feel your head slowly and surely relaxing.

5 seconds.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

It is deliberately repetitive and monotonous - to help you slowly drift away to a more relaxed state.

I have found that I struggle with my forehead.  Often I go to check it (mentally) and find it's in a slight frown - I think this is down to concentrating on being relaxed (which is a bit of an oxymoron!).  The eyes are a problem for a lot of people - I overcame this by buying an eye-mask.  The mask keeps the eyes closed, even if they want to open.

If you find you want to swallow at any point - then just swallow.  The swallowing action will bring you to a slightly less relaxed state, but that's ok, you just talk yourself down again.

Over time, as you learn that 1 = cheeks and 4 = eyes, you will simply be able to count down using the numbers only, and those parts of your head should respond accordingly.

It might seem like a lot of hard work just to relax your head - but it is worth the effort.  Once the body and head are relaxed, you've only got the mind left and after you've mastered that, you should have all sorts of weird and wacky things happening!   smiley

Hope this helps.  Have a bash with it - play with it for a couple of weeks or so.  Any questions in the meantime, just shout!

Sarah
327  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: The Elias Material - phasing related on: November 06, 2007, 11:08:44
Hi Ben K

Thanks for posting the Jenny/Elias conversation - that was really interesting.

I love the fact that it's ok to function under a belief system - kind of a relief for me.  I've been so reluctant to believe in anything, thinking that I might be being "had" in some way.

I was coming to the same conclusions myself anyway, but it's nice to hear it from someone else as well.

Cheers!  grin

Sarah
328  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: this is a Cult by the way ... on: November 06, 2007, 08:41:39
That's optional and is up to the goats.  Some of them can be quite shy.

Sarah
329  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hi Everybody on: November 06, 2007, 08:38:55
Hi Jeggernaut

Welcome to the forums.  smiley

Good to have you on board and I look forward to reading about your projections.

Sarah
330  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics! / Re: Focus 10: Mind Awake/Body Asleep on: November 05, 2007, 19:46:01
Quote from: Old Dood
I was wondering if those Binaural Beats we find on the web are just as good.

I can't really answer that one - I only know Monroe's CD.  I did get the abyss cd that Adrian prepared - this was ages ago, not sure if it's still available - but because it was just sound with no voice nor 'direction', I found it too easy to fall asleep to, or get bored with.

At least with Monroe, there is some guidance.  He does leave you for long gaps, but then will eventually come back in to keep you alert!  smiley

I have found it to be money well spent.  It has helped me to really learn the art of relaxing.  However, I think some members reckon it will give them an "instant OBE" - this is not the case.

Sarah
331  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Hypnogogia/Consciousness slip on: November 05, 2007, 17:01:14
Hi SilverSlider

Well, I tried the counting last night.  I admit it was before I'd had any sleep, so I wasn't expecting it to work - I was just playing around with it.

For some reason I was finding it difficult to drift away but eventually found myself doing this...

"71 I'm dreaming; 72 I'm dreaming; 73 I'm counting; 74 I'm dreaming; 75 I'm 23..."

I'd catch myself and giggle.  Do you leave a gap between numbers or is it fairly constant?  I tend to keep it constant, but slow.  If I leave gaps I'm prone to mentally wandering or falling asleep.

It actually reminded me of when I had a bout of insomnia a few months ago.  To try and get myself back to sleep I would count, slowly and methodically.  Some nights I'd get to 500 or more, but I always got confused in that I would be on (say) 381 and then next I might come out with 265, and then I'd totally forget what number I was up to!  I guess that's a sign of drifting, but I was also too focused on getting the numbers in the correct order, that I'd snap back to full waking and have to start from where I thought I was. 

It's the 'getting excited' bit that is the killer.  When I first started having lucid dreams, they would last as long as it took to think, "wow! I'm dreaming!" and that would be enough to wake me up, due to excitement that I'd actually done it.  I've gone through other stages since then.  I went through a period of having to tell any dream person I could find that I was dreaming.  For some odd reason, the very act of saying aloud that I was dreaming would abort the experience.  Then eventually I learned to stay very very calm.  And then I was able to talk about it, without losing it.  This took months by the way.  I'm now at the stage where I can converse for quite a while about dreaming and even get intelligent and thought-provoking answers from dream characters - leading me to believe that they aren't products of my imagination. 

Keep us informed as to your progress - and best of luck!  smiley

Sarah
332  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: How do I obtain Astral Travel? on: November 05, 2007, 08:24:18
Hi phase190

Before I respond, can you just clarify your question - do you mean how do you relax your physical head, or how do you relax your mind, as in mentally?

Sarah
333  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Emotion while out of body... on: November 04, 2007, 10:49:38
Hi Synergy

Personally, I don't have any fixed beliefs about obes.  It doesn't really bother me one way or the other whether they are in my head or not, so I'm probably not a good advert for those who want to prove either or.  smiley

I kind of like the idea that consciousness doesn't reside in our bodies in the first place, and also our consciousness is "us", the very core of us - meaning our personality, emotions, humour, character etc.  Therefore "we" are separate from the physical body in the first place! 

We need the physical body (especially the brain) to experience our physical existence, due to the density of this earth (or something like that), however when we are no long in the physical realm (i.e. out of body), we are more of the "real" us, freer, but still emotional beings with our personality in tact.

Hmmm, that sounds quite good - I like that!  The reason I said 'due to density' about being on earth was based on the fact that when I'm out of body, I'm so light I can levitate anytime.

Just a daft theory of mine - not really formulated and probably way leftfield.

In a nutshell, I haven't got a clue.  But that's OK with me - I'm quite happy not having a clue.  smiley

Sarah
334  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: An Unconventional Friendship: Duncan O'Finioan and David Corso on: November 04, 2007, 10:39:05
Actually I thought this forum was about getting to the TRUTH! 

That's news to me!  If this was so, I'd be scurrying away as fast as I could run!  smiley

The forums (to me) are about discussions on a wide variety of subjects, with a strong leaning towards Astral Projection.  Where each and every member is entitled to his/her opinion and where respect should be given to others' beliefs.

*Selski thinking aloud* - we could probably do with a conspiracy section, actually.

Old Dood - you would probably find Adrian's other side, Our Ultimate Reality, more in line with "getting to the Truth".

Sarah
335  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: How do I obtain Astral Travel? on: November 04, 2007, 10:32:17
i just sit there laying wide awake.

There's your problem.  Not only should your body be asleep, you should allow your mind to nearly fall asleep.  It's a fine line you need to tread, and it takes (for most of us) oodles of practice.

Any further questions - please ask.  smiley

Sarah
336  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: astral time travel on: November 03, 2007, 20:33:27
Old Dood - you old charmer, you!!  cheesy

Seriously, it's nice to know one is appreciated.  Thanks.  smiley

Sarah
337  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Emotion while out of body... on: November 03, 2007, 20:29:43
Hi Synergy

I think this discussion is very interesting.  I hadn't really thought about whether I experience emotions rather than think about them.  However, upon musing some more, I can say that I do feel them.  By the way, I am only going to use my RTZ OBEs when talking about this - just to keep it simple. 

I always automatically create a second body.  Do you?  I can touch things and literally feel the texture with my second fingers.  And when I'm zooming somewhere too fast, my stomach flips and I feel like I'm going to be sick.  Fear is felt too. I've even licked a window (don't ask) with my second tongue, just to see if I could taste anything. 

I wonder if it's because I've created a second body, therefore I take the memory of what emotions feel like and believe that I've experienced them.  But in actual fact, I am only thinking them.  Does that make sense? 

It's similar to if I ask to remember the smell of chocolate.  You will immediately conjure up the smell and it's as if you really did just smell it.  However, quite clearly you didn't, but your memory of it almost created it, to the point that you might just be convinced I'd wafted some chocolate around.  smiley

What about NDEs?  I'm not very well read about them, but if someone is brain-dead, then comes back and tells us they saw their deceased relatives and felt utter joy to be reuniting with them... then how does that fit with it all?

Great thread.  smiley

Sarah
338  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: astral time travel on: November 03, 2007, 14:08:58
Here's mine from two years ago (can't believe it was that long ago, doesn't time fly when you're having fun!)...

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_experiences/phasing_naturally-t21247.0.html

It's not very exciting, but I did go back in time.  grin

Sarah
339  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: astral projection and dream on: November 03, 2007, 11:33:56
* Selski jumps up and down shouting, "found it, found it!" *

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_experiences/unusual_place-t26936.0.html

OK, it's not hugely similar, but yours reminded me of it.

Sarah
340  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: astral projection and dream on: November 03, 2007, 11:10:36
Hi cavernstoy

Your experience reminded me of another I read only a few days ago.  It might have been here on the Pulse, or another site, I can't remember.  If it's here I'll attach a link.  If it's elsewhere, I'll let you know by PM. 

I think it was an old experience, but it did talk of a place with lots of pipes, as I recall.

I'll be back... wink

Sarah
341  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Emotion while out of body... on: November 03, 2007, 09:59:58
Hi Synergy

Do you think you are less emotional because you have been projecting for longer?  I'm still fairly new to projection (only 4 years or so) and so perhaps my emotions are still like a childs, a bit 'full-on' at times.

Another emotion I experience often is surprise, normally when I go through a wall/window and find myself in a completely different environment than I was expecting.

If you are thinking it's a total non-physical experience, then how do we see, hear, touch, smell and taste out there too?  I certainly do the first three, although smell and taste are non-existent so far.

I'm curious as to your views on this.  smiley

Sarah
342  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: hey on: November 03, 2007, 09:55:19
Hi Dialus

Good to see you here.  smiley

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Sarah
343  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: I have been projecting 34 years on: November 03, 2007, 09:54:34
Hi joycloud

Welcome to the forums!

I look forward to reading about some of your adventures.

Sarah
344  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: this is a Cult by the way ... on: November 03, 2007, 09:53:21
Hi joycloud

It's compulsory on months with the letter 'y' in them.  grin

Sarah
345  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: this is a Cult by the way ... on: November 02, 2007, 15:47:30
No one is sacrificing anything.

Hi AM

Have you not heard about the monthly meetings we hold in the middle of the forest?  We always need a goat or two...  wink

Sarah
346  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Emotion while out of body... on: November 02, 2007, 15:42:57
My predominant emotion is curiousity, but I can also feel other emotions.  Fear and excitement tends to snap me back, although I've experienced sexual excitement so frequently (by choice  tongue ), that I've learned to stay within the scenario, rather than jolting back.

Is pain an emotion?  If so, I've felt that but decided to focus on it and realised it wasn't actually pain as such, more like an uncomfortable vibration that I managed to dissipate...simply by deciding I wasn't going to be in pain anymore.

I have on numerous occasions been in a potential frightening situation... but not felt any fear, just curiousity as to what was going on.  Things like scratchings at the door (which in physical reality would have my heart hammering in my chest), but during the OBE, I was more wondering what it might be.

Oh yes, I've experienced extreme happiness too.  That was when I decided to walk on the ceiling in celebration of my happiness... because I could!!  cheesy

Sarah
347  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: hey on: November 02, 2007, 15:35:22
Hi quantum

Good to see you here and hope you enjoy your stay.

Sarah
348  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Just saying Hi! on: November 02, 2007, 15:34:48
Hi passenger1980

Sorry for the delay in response...and welcome to the forums!

I hope to read some of your experiences soon.

Sarah
349  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hello projectors, travellers and seekers on: November 02, 2007, 15:33:54
Hi childreamz

Welcome back!

Hope to read about your adventures soon.  smiley

Sarah
350  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hi! on: November 02, 2007, 15:33:09
Hi star travla

Sorry for the late reply... but welcome to the forums!

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Sarah
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 87