The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 01, 2022, 18:54:43

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 87
351  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hello everyone I'm new here on: November 02, 2007, 15:32:24
Hi Kdog

Great to see you here - hope you have a fun time!  smiley

Sarah
352  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Hypnogogia/Consciousness slip on: November 02, 2007, 15:30:24
Hi SilverSlider

It's a very very fine line that we are trying to walk - and more often than not, we fall off one side or the other!

I find that when I get the images, I'm practically there - all I need to do is stay awake until one image stays put.  This normally happens after a few seconds (maybe 10-15 seconds).  At first, all the images are brief, random and too fast for me to actually look at.

However, one will become fixed and I am able to view it properly.  I also know that I can look up, down and sideways at the image without it moving.  Have you ever looked at those Magic Eye pictures?  It's a bit like that, where you know that your vision has shifted slightly and you are now perceiving/viewing something that you couldn't earlier.

By this stage, there's no way I could possibly fall asleep - it's as if the fixed image jolts me to being extremely mentally aware and alert.  And from here to enter the image (if I haven't already done automatically), I reach out for something in the image - a wall, grass, whatever - and touch it.  This has the immediate effect of placing me in the imagery and having all the sensations of actually touching the object.

I wonder, when you are getting the images, what is your mind doing?  Are you trying to stay awake?  If so, this might be the reason why sometimes you can't get to sleep.  Or is your mind lazily drifting?  This could be why you fall asleep.

I can't really give you an exact frame of mind to be in - it is hit and miss with me.  More often than not I too fall asleep.  Occasionally I get the random images and then zoom to full waking consciousness and lie there frustrated.  I think that's when I try to stay awake too much.

The times it has worked, my mind has been more of a passive observer, without any thought of what might be round the corner.  I tend to focus on the present moment, such that it might go something like:

"oooh, what's that, it looks like... hang on it's gone, now is that a car?... wow nice colours...wait, where did that go... weeee, that's cool!...oooh a swirling thingy...is that a table leg...that's a nice scene... oh, it's opening out...cool...wow I can look around...look at that tree to the left...oh, I'm in the scene!...yes, here we go...keep calm...which way shall I go?"

I like the sound of counting 'I'm dreaming'.  And I see it worked for you the first time.  What happened to stop it working?  If you keep thinking it mentally aloud, surely you wouldn't mind falling asleep because you know that at some point you'll be counting it in your sleep.  What went wrong?

Sarah
353  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Making Sexual fantasies solid in OBE? on: November 02, 2007, 14:48:32
Hi Plasma

It's most definitely possible - I know from experience!   wink

Sarah
354  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: October 2007 Judgment Day will come on: November 01, 2007, 09:53:49
 grin

I think the original poster admitted halfway through this thread that he/she had got the date wrong, therefore it wasn't going to happen in October.  If my memory is correct, they didn't give another date.

It's November 1st here, and the birds are singing.

Sarah
355  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics! / Re: Focus 10: Mind Awake/Body Asleep on: October 30, 2007, 11:16:27
Hi Old Dood

The first CD is currently $79.20 from the Monroe Institute website.  Here is the link - it is the third CD down.  Wave I - Discovery - CD package.

http://www.monroeinstitute.com/store/home.php?cat=8

Gosh, I've really gone off that website - it's so commercial.  Ugh.

I guess you might want to hunt around, it might be cheaper elsewhere.

Sarah
356  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Pulse Island! / Re: API Monthly Attempt - October 2007 on: October 29, 2007, 20:04:29
Ooops - I forgot to mention another method... Phasing!!  cheesy

Sarah
357  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Pulse Island! / Re: API Monthly Attempt - October 2007 on: October 29, 2007, 19:00:57
Oh... and here is a picture of the Island for those who haven't already seen it...

http://www.astralpulse.com/astralpulseisland.html

Sarah
358  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Pulse Island! / API Monthly Attempt - October 2007 on: October 29, 2007, 18:59:06
Hello all

Let's kick this one into touch again, shall we?

Firstly - here are the various ways to get there...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.  OBE Projection

This can be via an RTZ OBE (Real Time Zone).  The way I would suggest getting to the Island from the RTZ is via a door/window or creating a doorway with your fingers (if you can't find one).  As you go through the door, state your intention to be on the Island when you get through.  This should work, although I did find recently that I needed to go through two doors before the first environment changed.

2.  Astral Projection

If you find yourself in unfamiliar surroundings, then it could be termed that you have landed in the astral, by-passing the RTZ.  Again, to get to the Island use the methods as outlined in 1.

3.  Lucid Dream

From a lucid dream, follow the same steps as before.  The door/window is not absolute - if you fancy flying through a portal/dimension, then this should work too - I think the more important factor is to state your intention.

4.  Dream

If you find yourself on an Island, this might trigger lucidity - however if you dream of a visit to an Island (even if it is a non-lucid dream), it's worth adding your experience.

5.  Meditation

However you choose to meditate - if you visualize/visit an Island with a great big pyramid in the middle of it - let us know!  smiley

6.  Imagination

I tend to do something that I call 'focused daydreaming' which is similar to Bruce Moen's 'focused attention'.  My method is to sit quietly and relax, but I don't have to go deep.  Earplugs and eyemask are helpful, but not vital.

Mentally, I will imagine myself at the Island and let the scenario unfold.  I control it to a point.  This is the crux.  If you drift, you may find all sorts of 'nonsense' things happening, such as huge pink bunny rabbit hopping over to meet you.  This is akin to the more silly dreamy aspects of a dream, and you will want to avoid them.  If this happens, gently remove the bunnies and continue where you were. 

However, you may find that you are walking along towards the pyramid and someone will appear in your field of vision to the left.  This may have not been in "your script".  This is where you will want to keep alert and see what happens, whilst still having that small element of control, in case it gets silly again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Of all the above methods, the best to use (imo) is Imagination because you are practically guaranteed to reach the Island.  For all those doubting the power of imagination - try it out.  Write everything down, your emotions, the colours you saw, the clothes you/others wore and so on.  Then add it to this thread and who knows - we may find that some of our posts are very similar.  What's there to lose?  wink

Now for the date.

Seems obvious to me - Wednesday 31st October 2007.  Anytime during that day.  Don't worry about time differences - it doesn't seem to matter.

Any questions, feel free to ask.  Good luck everyone - I'll surely be there using my imagination, but I promise to leave my broomstick behind!!  tongue

The next visit will be sometime in November - at a date to be confirmed.

Sarah

359  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: How do I obtain Astral Travel? on: October 29, 2007, 18:35:26
Hi Tahu88810

If you want to learn to lucid dream, I'd also suggest that you start a dream journal, where you write/type every single dream you can remember down, including your emotions and feelings.  Then study those dreams, learn from them, and above all, respect them.  Think about them during your waking life.

After a period of time, you will notice something in your dream that you know isn't part of physical reality and you'll think to yourself.... "hang on a minute, that's not right...therefore I must be dreaming!"

Once you get to this stage, try to keep emotionless.  It's hard, because it's so exciting, but excitement tends to have the effect of waking you.

Good luck!

Sarah
360  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: projection in the presence of pets? on: October 29, 2007, 18:30:45
Last week, I had a projection when my Mum's dog was asleep on the bed with me. 

I started swaying (second body) and was a bit worried about whether he would be comfortable with this.  He didn't seem to notice anything unusual and I went on my way, leaving him in bed with the physical me.

I wonder if animals are so used to projectors, they don't mind.  Maybe we all project every night and it's simply that the majority don't remember.

I've seen animals before during projections, but I've never been able to verify whether they were physical animals or not.

Sarah
361  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: a guided projection experiment on: October 29, 2007, 18:01:20
Oh, and just watched the Youtube clip - very nice.

Sarah
362  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: a guided projection experiment on: October 29, 2007, 17:57:26
Hi Eagle

That was a great read - thank you for sharing!  smiley

I love the idea of the holographic projection - it sounds very futuristic, and I hope it becomes a reality.

Funnily enough, I was watching an oldish episode of Doctor Who this weekend and in it, his assistant is saved from death by being transported to a parallel universe.  The Doctor didn't get a chance to say goodbye, so he projects himself to her world to be able to say goodbye properly.  The projection is a holographic image and the first part of your experience reminded me of this.

I love the experiment part.  I've been in numerous such experiments.  I've also had the same experience, where I couldn't actually see the instructor but knew she was there.  I think I heard her voice, but in my mind, not out loud.

It seems you did well with movement through tunnels.  Whenever I am moved (where it's not me controlling the movements, it feels more automatic), it tends to be upside down, back to front, head first and at quite some speed.  I can never last longer than a few seconds as I start to feel sick.  It feels so real, even to the point of my hair blowing in my face with the wind going past.  I'm not sure why we need to experience these rather stomach-churning movements, but they are fairly regular with me - probably because I still haven't passed the first grade!!  grin

With regards to getting rid of your TV - congrats - I haven't owned one for a couple of years now.  And yes, the post from TMI could well have sat in your subconscious just waiting to pop out a while later!  I often find that if I do a Monroe rundown to F10 during the night (after having had a few hours sleep), something tends to happen.

Great experience.  Whatever these things turn out to be - they are good fun, aren't they?  cheesy

Sarah
363  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: re-enlistment... on: October 24, 2007, 09:32:13
...or maybe there is a fear inside you that you need to face and re-enlisting will overcome this fear?

Sarah
364  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: 2012 - End of the world as we know it - ??? on: October 24, 2007, 09:30:01
The concept you enjoy believing is that we are all equal, therefore, none of us have a destiny that might be deemed important by the average person.

Nope, you're wrong. 

I'm fine about 'average people' believing that another person is important.  The thing that made me respond was more to do with when that particular 'jesus' or 'dalai lama' claim to be important.  Maybe they are, but generally speaking genuine compassionate important people don't laud their importance about.

If the Internet was around when Jesus walked the earth, do you really think he'd be posting things like 'the end of the world won't happen until my training is finished' and telling us what wonderful colours his aura is??

That was more my point.

You must appreciate we get numerous 'important' people on this site claiming all sorts of things - a few years ago we had someone who threatened to kill all the mods on a certain day, through his power alone.

I mean, come on, you don't expect us to drop everything and lap up what you are telling us.

And you are bound to get jokey comments when you purport the things you do.  Get used to it wink  (It might just be part of your training - and that wasn't said in jest, it might be true.)

Sarah
365  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: 2012 - End of the world as we know it - ??? on: October 23, 2007, 08:46:51
Hi morning_star

Have you measured the size of your ego recently?

grin

Sarah
366  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Snow on: October 17, 2007, 13:05:25
If there really is a meaning, I would guess you feel overwhelmed or isolated in life...heavy snow is quite blinding like fog and can feel even more overwhelming when the flakes are bigger...if they are fantastically bigger i'd assume you would feel even more weighed down.

Hi brad

Hmmm, this kind of fits with the period of time during which I had my snow dreams.  I haven't had a snow dream for a couple of months now - and I changed a situation about two months ago... so that makes sense.

Good thinking - that wouldn't have crossed my mind!   smiley

Sarah
367  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: any fellow vampyres? on: October 05, 2007, 08:34:54
Perhaps joining a vampyre forum would have fellow vampyres to converse with?

Just a thought.

Sarah
368  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Happened this morning... on: October 05, 2007, 08:31:13
Hi Woodland

Nice try - you were so close!

My thoughts are that the woman was the manifestation of your panicking.  Any fear is a major stumbling block.

I think you are correct when you say 'you tried too hard'.  Ideally, you want to do the opposite.  When vibrations arrive, nonchalantly accept/ignore them and focus on relaxing into the sensations, rather than trying to get out of your body.  Focus on relaxing the mind, kind of turn in on yourself, curl yourself up ever so small and don't think about your physical body or that you 'might be nearly there!' or anything like that.  It can take time as you will be excited/nervous/fearful for the first few goes.  Once you get so used to the sensations that they become almost boring, then you'll be more ready.

Sarah

369  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Society awakening? on: October 03, 2007, 19:21:13
Hi Fade

My fave film is 'Twelve Monkeys'.  'Sixth Sense' is great too.  I'm sure you'd love them both. 

I've just ordered 'Vanilla Sky' as I hear it's about lucid dreaming.

'Dragonfly' is of the genre of 'What Dreams' so that should go on your list too...!

Sarah
370  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Society awakening? on: October 03, 2007, 19:05:44
This is a good thread.  I'm not sure about the "recent" though.

'All you need is love' by The Beatles surely suits this discussion.  Around 50 years old.
Likewise 'Imagine' by John Lennon. 40-odd years?
And a big contender must be 'Strange Phenomena' by Kate Bush.  30 years ago.

All mainstream, all commercially-accepted.  And yes, I'm showing my age.

To slightly go off on a tangent, I think films (movies for all you Americans) are more accepting these days.  We do still get the usual rubbish out there (voilence, egotistical nonsense), however there are some good 'spiritual/afterlife' films around too.  I particularly like 'What Dreams May Come', 'Dragonfly' and 'Sixth Sense'.  Oh, and 'The Others'.  Damn, all American!!  grin  I normally pride myself on only watching British films...  tongue

Sarah
371  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Secret societies on: October 03, 2007, 18:44:29
not only was the cold war cooling down

I know I shouldn't, but the above made me laugh!  Did it then become the ice war?  grin grin

Sorry... my warped sense of humour  wink

Sarah
372  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What exactly is phasing? on: October 02, 2007, 09:27:03
Hi Cavernstoy

I know that Frank gave two methods.  One is to focus on one thing only in the dream, say an interesting looking stone on the ground.  Keep your mind and vision on this and after a while the rest of the scenery will 'dissolve' and the astral will appear before you. 

The second method was to do with slats.  I think what he did was look at the image in front of him and then try to look just behind/beyond the image.  After a few seconds, the front image became slatted and faded away, revealing the astral world behind it.

I've found my own way, which I prefer.  In a dream, if I want to go somewhere rather than stay in the dream, then I look for a door or window.  If there are no doors/windows, I'll use a wall or create a door with my fingers (using imagination).  Then, just before I go through the door/window/wall I will mentally (or sometimes out loud) state my intention of being in *insert where you want to be* on the other side.  With 'The Park' simply state clearly that you wish to visit "The Park" whilst mentally thinking Robert Monroe, Focus 27 etc etc as you go through the door.  You could even have an image of what you think The Park looks like in your mind as you pass through.  I think as long as you concentrate on all things "The Park" rather than absentmindedly thinking about your shopping list as well, you should be OK.  If you did accidentally bring in the shopping list, you may possibly find yourself in a childrens' play area in a shopping mall!  tongue

With people, I tend to create a doorway and put either a picture of them or something that represents them on the door (for instance, if it was another member of these forums and I didn't know them personally, I would use their avatar.  Then I mentally state my intention that when I go through the door, they will be on the other side.  So far I've had a modicum of success with this - however I've not been able to verify yet.  One day!  smiley

Interestingly, I had a cracking example last night that I'd love to share with you.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

I started out in an outdoor toilet area.  I was lucid throughout, varying in strength.  I exited the toilet area and found myself in a house, therefore the toilet was adjoined to the house, but outside.

I woke up and remembered that I wanted to visit The Park.  I stayed very still and mentally reached out for the dream and returned to the toilet area.  I looked at the yellow painted wall and mentally stated my intention to be at The Park when I went through the wall.

I stuck my head in the wall first - to see where I was.  All I could see was another yellow wall, the paint peeling and cracking.  I went through the wall and thought to myself that I hadn't actually changed my focus at all and if I exited the toilet I would be back in the house again.  So, I thought I'd do it again and go through the 'second' yellow wall.

Stating my intention again, I stuck my head through.  This time, there was a rusty red brick wall.  "That's more like it", I thought and put my whole body through.

I was highly lucid since I'd re-entered the dream and was excited to leave the toilet and see if I'd managed to get to The Park.

I opened the toilet door and the house was no longer there - before me was a big green expanse with a few shrubs and park benches dotted around.  However, I was disappointed to note that it wasn't well-maintained, there were no flowers and it looked a bit desolate.  And I couldn't see the big house (the Reception).  I wondered if I was in a part of The Park where the gardeners hadn't got around to tending for a while.  Then I noticed something rather alarming.  There was a wheel, the sort that goes on an articulated lorry, making its way across the grassland.  It didn't appear to have a life of its own, but it was rolling quite fast and making the noise of a motorbike.  I briefly wondered if I was snoring and mentally returned to the physical to deduce that I wasn't [I've no idea how I did this, by the way, but it seemed automatic and natural at the time].

I hid by a wall, as I was a little concerned that the wheel would run me over.  It moved away and children began to walk onto the grassy area.  At first I noticed a girl, possiby 12 or so with a younger girl.  They were about 30 ft away from me and were heading to the toilet together.  They both walked as if they had something wrong with them.  Then I spotted other children, all varying ages, but all with something slightly amiss, as if they were limping or the like.

I then had the thought that I was in The Park, I had actually found the place, and was perhaps somewhere near the Healing Centres, and the children were out on a break or something.  I got very excited at this point and just as I planned to go and talk to some children, with all the emotional excitement, I lost it and woke up.

___________________________________________________________________________________

So I believe I did get there, but even with high lucidity and dissolving the initial dream scenery, there was still that strange wheel thing which I can't work out.  It most likely represents something, possibly a small fear I have (as it stopped me from exploring), but it might take some time to work out just what it does mean to me.

I have been meaning to go to The Park for quite a while now.  I reckon I've been there before, unintentionally, but this was my first conscious visit.  I just kept forgetting when I was lucid.  I plan to go back there numerous times and work out the layout, and where that patch of grass fits in with the whole place!

Sarah
373  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What exactly is phasing? on: September 30, 2007, 09:16:21
Hi Katrina and Mez

Therein lies the problem...phasing means different things to different people!  smiley

Phasing as in Frank's viewpoint did not involve vibrations or separation from the physical body.  In fact, he tried out the classic OBE (involving separation) and didn't see the point of it.  I've done both, although I don't experience vibrations in either.

My personal belief is that you can also enter the 3D blackness (or void) during phasing.  I think what I do is completely skip this part, for some reason.  I don't want to assume to know what Mez does, but perhaps when he gets there he then has the option of going straight to an astral environment (without separation or vibrations) or opting for a traditional OBE where you separate from your physical body and end up next to the bed or close by.

According to Frank, there is no 'popping free' when phasing.  It's much smoother.  And yes Mez, I agree, it's exactly the same as a WILD.  I reckon the reason Robert Monroe and Frank used the term 'phasing' instead was to try and get away from the word 'dream' which unfortunately has the effect of somehow diminishing the experience to the majority of people.

And Frank had no time for chakras either!  grin

You will find we all have slightly different ideas of what is what and what is not.  I would suggest you try out all sorts of things, not only that are suggested on this site, but your own ideas too and see what works for you.  Vibrations are a good sign that you are very close to separation, however that (for me) is quite a different experience to phasing.

Sarah
374  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What exactly is phasing? on: September 29, 2007, 21:54:43
Hi Katrina

The way I see phasing (and phase) is after I've had a good few hours sleep.  I sometimes wake up in the early hours and this is the best time as I've already had my rest and am less likely to simply fall back to sleep.

The key for me is relaxation.  To relax not only the body (which should be fairly easy if you are already in that sleepy/drifty mode), but you also need to lower your mind to just before the point of falling asleep - which isn't quite as easy.  smiley

What should happen (and it can be the first time or it can take lots of practice) is that you start to see images, lots of them, perhaps 3 or 4 per second.  They are normally too quick for me to latch onto any of them, but after a few seconds of this, one image will stay, become stable and you are then able to look at it, around it and it will become three-dimensional.  Some instinct will tell you that you are now able to enter the scenery (if you have not already done automatically).

Sometimes I tentatively put my arm in (not my physical arm) and will see it waving around in front of the image.  If I'm struggling to get in, I touch something in the image and this instantly puts me in the picture - with my mind awake and alert and ready to go.

I think the two major stumbling blocks are not being relaxed enough (physically) and not being relaxed enough (mentally).

Very simply put, you are training your mind to stay awake as you watch a dream open out before your eyes and are then able to step into that dream with your logical mind fully in tact, thereby starting the dream lucid.  From here, you can do whatever you like, stay with the imagery or move onto somewhere else, perhaps meeting deceased friends/relatives or visiting The Park, or whatever.  The (inner) world is your oyster!

Sarah

375  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Different Homes on: September 29, 2007, 21:38:35
Hi Embodied Words

It's not too personal, although I can't tell you that much - I've never actually remembered the home, only part of the route.

I can tell you that a road bends round to the right and there is a large dirt track off this bend (on the left).  This is the start of the shortcut.  It leads to a field which slopes gently upwards.  I tend to walk up the right hand side of this field.  About halfway up are some tennis courts, again to the right.  At these courts, I take a right turn and walk alongside them.

That's as far as I've got that I've remembered.  I would imagine that I've been home numerous times, but simply forgot the experience.

I do remember one time dreaming that I was walking up the field and the family dog came bounding to greet me.  She had passed away some years before and it's a nice thought that she might already be 'home' waiting for me and the rest of my family to join her.

However, there was one time during meditating where I took a slightly different route.  I call my meditations 'focused daydreaming' and they are similar to what Bruce Moen terms 'focused attention'.  It's where you start with your imagination and see what happens, taking notice of things that are outside of your remit, but also not letting the scenario get too 'silly'.

This one time I was talking to a non-physical friend, Joel, about this place called 'home' and I asked him if he would help me find it.  He said of course and wanted me to describe what I knew about it so far.  I explained and he said, "why don't you continue to the top of the field, rather than go along the tennis courts for a change?"  So I did, there and then, in my mind, in my imagination.  I didn't know what to expect and as I got to the top, the whole scenery opened up before me. 

It was very similar to the county of Derbyshire in England, UK.  Gentle rolling hills, farmland, sheep and peacefulness.  I was standing on a plateau looking down on all this and was rather emotional, as I've seen this scene many times before in my dreams - sometimes I've flown over it or what-have-you.

In physical life, I lived in Derbyshire for a few years when I was younger and it still is my favourite county.  There are supposedly 'prettier' places and more dramatic places, but I maintain that Derbyshire has it all for me.  I now wonder if it's because it reminds me of my other home?  smiley

Sarah
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 87