The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 15, 2017, 04:35:40

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 85
51  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 28, 2017, 09:45:35
A bitty night - plenty of which has been forgotten. I do recall purchasing salad ingredients and the greengrocer was taking an age to weigh everything. The whole lot came to 79p. I tend to dream about numbers (especially amounts) regularly...and have an easy time remembering them. In waking life, I'm not a fan of maths (that's an understatement) so it's curious that numbers pop up so much.
52  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Is there a vibration stage inducing fequency I could listen to? on: August 28, 2017, 09:43:24
I'm curious - why do you want to reach the vibration stage?
53  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 26, 2017, 21:31:06
Haha. Non-verbal speech, here we come.

One of my favourites...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhSB8EEnCAM#t=5.867833

cheesy
54  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 26, 2017, 21:22:55
i guess it's not about anyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65EfTFUFDwI

smiley
55  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 26, 2017, 21:08:19
I changed it from a dream journal to a journal because I wanted it to be about me. Somewhere I could splurge. You know. Music and stuff. And dreams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHVJVQzHv5Q

According to my OH, it's never supposed to be about me. I tried. I tried for it to be about not me.

It wasn't about me. I get sick of hearing it's 'all me'. The whole night has been about him and his book.

Suddenly it's all me.

I wanted to tell him about my hospital experience.
56  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: What To Do When Achieving Complete Freedom /Analysis About Being Completely Free on: August 26, 2017, 12:25:10
I watched Lucy a couple of months ago. Enjoyed it and particularly liked the 'I am everywhere' comment. A great film...although for me, I didn't really pick up any similarities with lucid dreaming. The only downside was the amount of guns...  rolleyes
57  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Stillwater's Dream Journal on: August 25, 2017, 09:27:30
Nicely recounted dream. I have fairly regular shoe dreams and even go to a dream shoe shop every few months to get a new pair. This shop is the same one each time I go. I've pondered the meaning of shoes over the years, given my dreams, and one interpretation is that they represent beliefs. After all, shoes are used for walking in - the walk of life, or the journey through life.

I promise I won't come along with my interpretations every time you post a dream!!  grin
58  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Ecstasy of Saint Teresa, or how I came to experience Primal Union with Creation on: August 25, 2017, 09:01:21
Quote from: Stillwater
I have learned a lot about it over the couple years after, and I mean to get around to writing about it at some length pretty soon.

I'd love to read that when you get time/inclination/inspiration!  grin

I can understand your reluctance in revealing the actual process (and that's not what I'm personally interested in), but would love to read what you have learned. I shall keep an eye on this thread in the coming weeks/months.  cool
59  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Modern day martyr or crazy idea that can't possibly help? on: August 25, 2017, 08:46:44
Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection
...my life is going down hill anyway because of my health problems. Even if I were to stick it out and stay around, I would end up just being a burden to my family. As I am going to be unable to work or work a minimum wage job, because of my declining physical health, it''s getting worse and worse.

Plasma - I just want to say I fully understand this as I'm also in the same boat. I'm lucky in that I've found a job where I can work from home at my own hours on a computer, but otherwise life is tough.

Sending you plenty of kind, loving thoughts.  smiley
60  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Modern day martyr or crazy idea that can't possibly help? on: August 25, 2017, 08:41:05
Visitor - just to clarify my post was in all genuineness, there were no 'having a poke at you' undertones. I enjoyed your playpen scenario - it made me laugh when I imagined it. That's all. And my question was genuine too - I wanted to get an idea of what you deemed time well spent...so thank you for answering that. Personally, I often wonder if absolutely everything we do is a complete 'waste of time'. It all depends on ones beliefs I suppose.  smiley
61  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Modern day martyr or crazy idea that can't possibly help? on: August 24, 2017, 09:18:05
Quote from: Visitor
Astral projectors are kept in tight playpen areas so they don't go anywhere, see anything or do anything....because they don't know how to.  In essence they waste their time frolicking in play pens.  Is that special?  Well it's ok if your ego needs to feel that. I think it's a waste of time personally.

grin That's funny.

Out of interest, what would you say isn't a waste of time Visitor (and I'm not talking just about astral projecting)?  smiley
62  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 24, 2017, 07:41:31
Thanks catmeow.  smiley

Quote from: catmeow
I also liked "we're upto pretty much the same page" (ie "on the same page"). When I read that I did wonder what the significance was. As EscapeVelocity said, so much to un-wrap here.

Last night I wondered whether the book represented the script of the act we carried out. A fatal car crash isn't quite in the realms of Stephen King's horror though!  cheesy

I still can't work out what the blisters were about - it's the one other significant part of the experience that has me stumped. The only thing it brings to mind is they were positioned where a cigarette would be held. Perhaps it has no real bearing given it came from Glass Woman who wasn't party to what was really going on.
63  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Modern day martyr or crazy idea that can't possibly help? on: August 24, 2017, 07:30:08
Quote from: Kzaal
Life is priceless

Before I could astral project, I agreed with the above quote.

After I could astral project, I agree with the above quote.

Life an be a pile of poo too, but I still agree with the above quote.
64  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Modern day martyr or crazy idea that can't possibly help? on: August 24, 2017, 07:26:33
Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection
I feel like I'm talking to a group of pro-lifer's rather than a group of astral projectors. LOL

Hi Plasma

I wanted to address this as it cropped up in another post of yours where you seem to lump astral projectors in the same boat.

Yes, we are astral projectors but that's one aspect of each of us. We are all different. Some will be pro-lifers, possibly most will be. Those who are replying to you are more than likely to be pro-lifers. Those who aren't probably don't give a monkeys what you do and so won't bother replying.

I get the impression you think 'we' (as in projectors) are somehow set apart from other people - is that correct? If so, how do you think we are different? I'm curious as from your other posts, it looks like you're carrying around a rucksack full of baggage (and by that, I mean potentially erroneous beliefs).

What knowledge do you think we have compared with non-projectors?
65  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Musically Minded on: August 23, 2017, 16:49:39
Lovely stuff catmeow, although the tracks with the sound of water made me want to wee!  tongue

I particularly enjoyed Angel Tears.
66  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 23, 2017, 16:47:51
Quote from: T-Man
Maybe Glass was her name but maybe you referred to her as the glass woman because you knew that she was in a fragile state.

I reckon you're right. After all, names are of no concern 'over there' (as I keep being reminded by those lovely Dream Operators).  grin

BTW, which Stephen King novel were you reading?

Ha! I don't know. What I remember of the book is that it was slim and had a colourful cover - perhaps blues/purples. (In waking life, I've read quite a few of his books, but not for many years.)
67  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 23, 2017, 16:39:21
Quote from: EscapeVelocity
Wow! Great retrieval interpretation Selski! You have just confirmed that it can occur on a purely instinctive NP level! Nicely done!

Thank you EV. It hasn't quite got the wow factor of a lucid experience, but perhaps this is the way it will be for me from now on. I just hope that my NP personality continues to evolve in a way that is beneficial for all concerned.  smiley

I think (hope) you are correct that I'm still learning in a more subtle way. I guess the best way to continue down this path is to keep on recording and deciphering my dreams - and, most importantly, to not get frustrated when I feel that 'nothing' is happening. Looking back, I suspect a lot of the dreams I've had since I rejoined the Pulse have been building up to this hospital retrieval experience. The night I realised it was a retrieval I was sending out NP gratitude to anyone who would listen!  grin

Quote from: EV
The Glass woman...could be her name, but the first read I had was maybe that describes her 'fragility'...?

Yeah, I also thought it might be her bodily state - full of glass from the car crash. I'm definitely not contacting anyone - as I was looking at the link on his website saying 'email me', it made me realise just how far removed all this stuff is to the 'real' world. Heck, I doubt I'll even relay the hospital experience to my other half - I know he'd listen kindly, but... well, you probably know what I mean. These experiences are difficult for us to accept - and we're the ones having them. I know if the boot was on the other foot, I'd have a hard time believing him too.

Quote from: EV
More to come, I'm sure...

Ha ha, yep indeedy!  cool
68  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 23, 2017, 15:12:48
It would have never occurred to me that could have been a retrieval but after you mention it the circumstances sure seem to fit that scenario.

It's a tricky one as I'm not really sure whether I've simply misinterpreted (or read too much into) an ordinary dream (with plenty of bleedthroughs from the book I was reading that day). Quite a bit of 'this stuff' is a leap of faith...and oftentimes I refuse to jump!

When I looked at it from a retrieval point of view, there were quite a few signs that stood out. One big one was when the dream ended. I now suspect that I was beginning to become lucid at that point and was probably booted out before I made a mess of it. The good thing is, if it was a retrieval, I wasn't thrown in at the deep end. If I had fluffed it, I'm sure they had a contingency plan in place. I could have simply been another patient who was in too much pain, or lost my mind, or something. I think it was a little test to see if I was ready in a non-physical AND non-lucid sense.

The other clue is how I felt upon the realisation that it was a retrieval. I'd just gone to bed tired and ready for a good sleep. After the realisation, I was wide awake, hyper and could have happily done a day's work! It was a struggle to actually stay in bed and try to sleep.

I'm still not sure...but I've been sitting on the fence for most of my life so for now I'm going with it.

Down the rabbit hole goes Selski...  grin
69  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 23, 2017, 08:28:03
A group of us are in a pub. Weíve gone to watch greyhound racing on the big screen. The dogs start off in a cave. As we watch the men getting everything ready as the dogs have already been put in the traps, there is a small explosion inside the cave. Everyone in the pub is shocked and worried and before we can say anything, there is a further explosion Ė this one much larger and itís obvious that everyone Ė trainers, track workers and the dogs themselves Ė are dead.

No idea where this came from. I used to go greyhound racing regularly but havenít been for years. My sadness in the dream was over the death of the dogs... I didnít particularly feel any concern for the people.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

Iím with Bill. The last scene is beautiful. He looks younger and really well. We are in a park, Iím lying on the grass and heís dancing around me. In the distance is a mountain Ė its shape is that of sugar loaf mountain and everywhere around us are cherry blossom trees in full bloom against a sky blue background. Really pretty. The atmosphere is loving and sexy. We wonder where we are Ė we know itís not heaven but itís somewhere simply wonderful.

A real feel-good dream. I woke up happy and with lovely thoughts about Bill. I also had Under the Tree by Jim Noir in my mind.
70  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 22, 2017, 10:18:10
A question for anyone reading.

I've been mulling over why she is called Glass Woman. I wondered if her surname is Glass. In our discussions in the hospital, she told me her husband's first name. On a whim, I googled his first name with a surname of Glass - and found a website of that exact name, with a photo, bio etc. It doesn't mention anything about him being married, but then again the focus is on his work.

Would you, having had my experience, contact him? If so, what the dickens would you say?

I think I've already got my answer, but wondered what you would do. I think it's all a bit tenuous to be bothering a complete stranger. At best I'd come across a complete loon, at worst it might be really upsetting for him.
71  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 22, 2017, 08:48:38
It took me all day yesterday before I realised that the above dream was more than likely a retrieval. When I went to bed last night, I was thinking about my question, 'Are we dead?' and - WHAM! - retrieval jumped into my mind.

My initial friend who changed forms was perhaps an NP Helper (my filters kept seeing people I knew) with Glass Woman being the dead person. The fact that the Helper and I were both 'on the same page' is a clue.

Maybe the Helpers needed a physical presence to help with the process as Glass Woman was refusing to even entertain the idea she was dead, and as a side effect couldn't see any Helpers.

A scenario was planned by the Dream Operators and they got me involved, hoping I'd bring up the subject in an appropriate & caring manner.

The scene was set, I played my part (without realising I had a part to play, lol) and I didn't botch it! As soon as I'd asked the question - Are we dead? - I awoke. I guess they didn't need me anymore after that. My question probably got Glass Woman thinking and that was enough to bring the Helpers into focus. Thank goodness I didn't get lucid otherwise I'd have been off prancing around looking for male doctors...  cheesy

I went to sleep wondering why she was so reluctant to entertain the idea of death. A short dream followed whereby I had to go down a dark passage to fetch something and was full of fear. No - I was terrified. I think that was my answer, as I am rarely, if ever, that scared in dreams.
72  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Ecstasy of Saint Teresa, or how I came to experience Primal Union with Creation on: August 21, 2017, 14:24:00
Such a beautiful opening post - and thread. I read the whole thing yesterday morning and it really lifted my spirit.

Thank you to all who contributed.  smiley
73  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 21, 2017, 14:10:07
I'm in a hospital ward with two others, one of whom was in the same car crash as me. The third person was also in a car crash, but her injuries are more severe than ours. We spend time talking, reading, doing crosswords. I receive some mail. There is a cheque for over £600 addressed to me. I ring the company who sent the cheque and they tell me they've been trying to contact me via e-mail. I explain my predicament and situation, and that I haven't got access to my e-mail account.

My friend and I are both reading the same book. It's by Stephen King. We discuss it and find we're up to pretty much the same page. I ask if the other lady is reading anything and my friend replies, 'the glass woman isn't well enough to read'.

I have a discussion with the glass woman who shows me two large blisters, one on the inside of her index finger and one on the inside of her middle finger. These keep rubbing together and it's these blisters, more than anything else, that are hurting her the most. She tells me that she's married and her husband is very busy and currently away on business. I explain that mine is also.

A week has passed by and another day of reading/talking. I ask glass woman if she's had a visit from her husband yet - no. I ask if she's had a phone call from him - no. I then say to myself out loud, 'I haven't had a visit or a phone call from mine either ... [then a bit louder] that's really weird, not even a phone call'.

Then it dawns on me.

I already know the answer, but ask in all seriousness to my friends, 'Are we dead?'

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

I'm currently reading Illusions II by Richard Bach. This is an account of his plane accident where he spends a week in a coma and quite some time in hospital. (It sounds morbid, but is a really lovely book!)

I'm a tad disappointed it took me a whole week to work out I was dead - I hope it's not that long when I finally do kick the bucket. I suppose on the other hand, it's not too long at all. I wasn't at all bothered about being dead...and I was careful with my words so as not to upset/shock the others.

It was a slightly muddled dream as my 'friend' wasn't consistently one person - at first they were my ex, then later a friend from work.

Another thing to note. In a much later dream, not related to this one, I am telling my boss about this dream and the fact that I'd worked out what had happened - that we had all died.

74  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 21, 2017, 13:40:57
You can read my intro which is still available on the first page of the Members Introductions.  I have a paragraph there about how I started.

Thanks T-Man.  smiley
75  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 21, 2017, 13:36:21
Quote from: Stillwater
It gets a bit confusing.

You're telling me!  tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 85