The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 18, 2017, 20:36:38

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 85
76  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 20, 2017, 12:36:29
A group of us are making lemon flapjacks. There are a number of recipes to choose from. Me & a friend realise we haven't got all the ingredients we need for our recipe and consider going to the shop. But then we haven't got enough time, so we decide to use pasta instead. She asks what pasta I've got and says that lasagne pasta sheets would be the best. I look in my cupboard and find a box with 2 and a half sheets inside, which is nowhere near enough.

I tell her I'm going to use spaghetti and she asks what other pasta I have. I think I've got penne, but bring her the jar which is actually full of macaroni. She decides to use that, even though it will mean her flapjacks are rather 'slushy'.

We've made the first batch pre-oven and I take a mouthful. It's lemony-taste is just right with the texture somewhere between froth and mousse.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

A silly one. Added because of the use of taste in a dream. Not that unusual for me, but worth noting.
77  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: How do I reincarnate into a family members child? on: August 20, 2017, 12:05:12
Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection
I think I know why you posted that Xanth.

It's his favourite song, ever. Didn't you know?  grin
78  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: I was finally able to bring a song back from a dream- You can listen to it here! on: August 20, 2017, 12:02:27
That's brilliant Stillwater - I love the story going with the tune.

Wouldn't it be fantastic to see it acted out in a movie? Maybe one day it will be...  smiley

79  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 20, 2017, 11:08:05
Iím at a sporting event with two friends, one of whom is taking part in the event. I realise Iím only wearing a t-shirt and knickers Ė although no-one else seems to notice this. I ask my friend to show me the way to the shops so I can buy something appropriate to wear. She takes me down the road and points in the distance, but then must return as she is appearing in the event shortly.

I go into a clothes shop and quickly choose a pair of trousers - pretty much the nearest to hand. They are £81 which is quite pricey, but I donít really care, I just need something to wear so that I can get back to my friends. The reason they are expensive is that they are waterproof. I put them on Ė they fit lovely Ė and go to pay.

On the way back I forget which direction we came in. I have a choice of going left or right. I choose right and, as the environment opens out, I realise Iíve gone the wrong way. However, my dream self is happy and not stressed or concerned, and I go on my merry way to explore the new landscape.

I come across a large field with a few trees in it. There is a stunning old tree ahead of me Ė and I look at the leaves to see what it is Ė itís an oak. It looks very old with a sturdy trunk and lots of low thick branches twisted out. Itís beautiful and as I look at it, I say to myself, ĎYou are real. You cannot be unreal. This is real.í I go over and gently touch the bark which is dry and very rough Ė it feels just like it would in waking life.

A while later I come out of my reverie and decide Iíd better go back to the left/right road and take a left. This I do and I soon see in the distance lots of vehicles parked so I know Iím heading for the sports stadium. As I reach the front gates, there are my two friends waiting for me. Theyíve been worried as Iíve been a while and Iím prone to getting lost, so they figured the best place to wait for me was at the entrance.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

Another clothes shop dream. Are the items I'm choosing disguises? No, that doesn't feel right. Maybe they represent beliefs and I'm currently shopping around until I find something that totally suits me. Hmmmm. Waterproof beliefs - ha ha ha.  grin

My sense of direction is appalling in waking life - it's very likely that I would go the wrong way on the return journey - my brain just cannot compute reverse directions.  tongue
80  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 20, 2017, 09:37:23
Quote from: T-Man
So far, I do not recall any dreams in black and white but I really haven't paid attention to my dreams until this past year.

I meant to mention this yesterday. I'd love to read what started your journey into dreams a year ago (if it's not too personal). If you have a specific thread, let me know. I'm nosey curious.  grin
81  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 20, 2017, 09:33:16
Thanks Stillwater - I think I've got it. I'm not the brightest button on the shirt!  cheesy

It's strange how forgetful I can be. Yesterday afternoon I was looking through a colouring book saw a picture of silver birch trees. BOOM! This brought back some of the winter dream I had. Rather than 'get off a bus', the movement did eventually slow down and I was able to stop myself by grabbing a silver birch and hugging it. It was a lovely sensation and quite memorable - even though I forgot it. In fact, I even remembered it when I awoke from the dream and when I awoke from the night...but by the time I came to write it down, it had gone.

Memory is a funny old thing - I often get muddled. Even between whether it's a dream memory or a waking life memory. I suppose that's a side-effect of being so dream-focused.
82  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 19, 2017, 13:57:02
Quote from: Selski
I remember trying to put into words what I meant in a post over at EIC and got a fantastic response from CF Traveler who explained it so much more succinctly than I ever could. I canít remember what she said now, but it was spot on. Sheíd obviously been through a similar process.

Found it! Aren't search functions fab?  grin

http://www.explorations-in-consciousness.com/forums/index.php?threads/dreams-with-dreams-within-dreams.2730/#post-17154

Seems I was having a very similar conversation 3 years ago.  tongue

83  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 19, 2017, 13:04:01
EV Ė in response to your post the other day.  smiley

I fully agree with your first paragraph Ė this has been my experience over the years to a T. In fact, looking at my NP progression from 15-odd years ago when I began having classic OBEs, the Ďscopeí (for want of a better word) has got smaller and smaller, until Iím left with mostly ordinary dreams with the occasional lucid one or part-separation of the physical.

The bulk of my Ďmost interestingí experiences (to me, at least) are between 3-7 years ago and these comprise, for the most part, lucid dreams. Once I began having Ďbig adventuresí via lucid dreaming, I was no longer bothered about OBEs and all the Ďfaffí that goes with it. Even phasing phased out (lol) when I began to simply Ďwake upí in a dream, seemingly without needing a trigger.

Something did happen during this time which was very curious to me. I found it hard to put into words, but my lucidity changed. It wasnít less and it wasnít dull Ė but it was more subtle. I remember trying to put into words what I meant in a post over at EIC and got a fantastic response from CF Traveler who explained it so much more succinctly than I ever could. I canít remember what she said now, but it was spot on. Sheíd obviously been through a similar process.

I still became lucidÖbut I also didnít. I gently knew I could do things in the environment that I knew I couldnít do in other environments (without fully realising that this was a dream vs waking life). Having read a number of posts over the past month here at the Pulse regarding the NP personality, I now suspect that was the beginning of mine taking shape.

Quote from: EV
The fact that you are not becoming lucid from your Dream Triggers/Signals is not because you are missing them, it is because your NP Personality has become developed enough to handle the situation by itself, without resorting to activating the conscious mind!

Yes, and I think my most recent experience bears this out rather nicely.

Quote from: EV
So, maybe we don't get the same opportunities to become lucid that we once did; but this is not a reason for disappointment. This actually is a sign of how our NP Personality has developed to a point where it can better handle itself; the DT's we remember upon waking are still there, but now are signposts of a new territory we are moving into.

Thatís a great way of looking at it. Iím rather fond of becoming lucid though and will miss it. Perhaps the Dream Operators will look kindly on me and throw one my way every so often!

Whatís going to be difficult going forward is building on the NP personality, especially as Iím not lucid. It happened last night, but it felt more pot luck than anything Ė any hints or tips on that one?

Thanks EV Ė your input is greatly appreciated.
84  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 19, 2017, 11:05:05
Iím moving fast down a road Ė at least I think itís a road. It has walls either side which look man-made, rather like modern white stone-walls with patterns in a natural look. The walls are slightly too high for me to look beyond. Iím not actually on/in a vehicle, but nor am I flying. Iím not really sure how Iím moving but that isnít my primary focus. My desire is to slow down or stop and Ďget offí so I can take a more leisurely pace, look at the walls in more detail and see whatís on the other side of them.

Then I think a bit and decide to stay with the movement. Eventually it slows down and I get off a bus in a small town. Itís winter time, there are a few inches of snow on the ground but itís a beautiful sunny day. Everything is clear, crisp and colours are vibrant, shining. I feel extremely well, happy and ready for an adventure.

A few of us get off the bus (not many, perhaps 4 or 5) and we understand that it will pick us up at some later time to take us back. We have a couple of hours or more to have a look round. I suppose itís a day trip.

There is a little shop on the corner. I decide to go in. It sells clothes and cheap knick-knacks Ė I get the impression of a beach shop. There is a big baggy t-shirt hanging up by the door gently blowing in the breeze. Inside thereís not much room, the shop can probably hold half a dozen people. There are some pretty-patterned bras in a dark purple colour. They look too large for me, but I contemplate buying one, making my boobs bigger (I do this regularly in dreams!) and flaunting about the place. Then I think a bit and turn away.

I then go to another shop and, feeling mischievous, make a loud stupid sound. Before I finish this sound, I stop myself and become quiet. I leave the shop and have a brief conversation with someone who was on the same ride as me. We discuss where the bus will be to collect us and figure it will turn up at the same spot it dropped us off. I decide to wait for it.

The scene fades.

When I awake, I see a design behind my closed eyes. Itís like the patterns you see in a kaleidoscope, but much softer. The background is a dirty green and the geometric swirls are off-white/dull cream. Itís like a Ďnaturalí kaleidoscope. Iím fully awake now, aware of my body against the bed and knowing exactly who I am/where I am, but am able to watch this scene for a good 7 seconds (Iím counting) before it fades.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

I think this was a successful test. The two times where I Ďthink for a bití and when I become quiet were the three areas where I believe I did well. My reward? The kaleidoscope. I certainly feel more buoyant this morning and less despondent about my nightly adventures.

Those three decisions were made by my NP self; they had nothing to do with being lucid (which I wasnít) nor my conscious self. But, on some level, I remembered what I wanted to do (remain quiet, go with the experience and not be distracted). I managed all three Ė just about.  tongue
85  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 19, 2017, 10:52:45
catmeow - thanks for the link, I found it interesting. Not sure mine are to do with being emotionally removed from the dream as, generally speaking, my recent Observer dreams have been rather mundane and inconsequential.

I think it's an easy assumption to make - that we all dream alike - until we actually make enquiries. I didn't realise that my dream recall was so good - I thought everyone else had that much recall, but they just weren't as interested in dreaming as me!  cheesy

I've never dreamt in sepia, or at least not that I can remember. B&W dreams are extremely rare for me. Thinking back, I can remember one (which was also an Observer dream - possibly why I remember it as it was doubly unusual).

With regards to second-person perspective dreaming, can anyone clarify what this is? Does it mean you are your own consciousness in someone else's body, or does it mean you have someone else's consciousness and are acting 'autonomously' despite a sense of knowing you are you, if that makes sense?

My perspective is predominantly first-person, but I have experienced others and occasionally (as T-Man points out) flit between one & the other.
86  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Oversouls and Parallel Realities on: August 19, 2017, 10:38:32
That was a really interesting NDE Visitor - thanks for posting the link. It's incredible to think that his experience was probably the most profound thing ever to happen to him - and yet from a physical reality perspective, nothing happened.
87  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 18, 2017, 14:11:43
Quote from: Stillwater
3rd-Person observer dreams are pretty common dreams for everyone to have in general.

I must be an exception then - for me they are very rare, or were until recently. I thought they might be 'special' dreams as they are so unusual (like black & white dreams for me), but so far they seem to be about run-of-the-mill normal stuff.

Another thought is that I've recently been heavily immersed in All Things Dream-Related and perhaps I'm being advised to slow it down, be more relaxed about my nightly experiences and not push it so much. An Observer dream is, to me, about as "un-immersed" as you can get!  grin

This second thought came through gently yesterday as I was watching a film. It was a fairly ordinary film (called The Way) but it really touched me for some reason.  It made me realise that I can be moved/uplifted/whatnot by physical stuff just as much as non-physical. I can expand my awareness via physical 'adventures' (through other actors/directors) just the same as my own 'dream-films'.

Perhaps I need to step back a bit.  undecided
88  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 18, 2017, 09:20:29
I'm with mum and dad and we are driving somewhere - dad is the driver. We are in town and turn a corner slowly. There is a clothes shop on the right-hand side that draws my attention. It's large, sells cheap & cheerful clothing, everyday stuff such as T-shirts, scarfs and jeans. I mention this and dad agrees to stop for 20 minutes or so. He goes to a stall up ahead and asks us to return to the car soon which we agree to do.

We go into the shop and I spot dungarees hanging on a rail. I go over and am disappointed that they are not full trouser dungarees, but are shorts. I look through them for my size, but they are all way too small. However, there is something on the rail that looks like it will fit - a non-descript dark-blue dress. I like it and decide to buy it. It's cheap enough that even if it doesn't fit, I can chuck it away.

I'm told I have to try it on before purchase, which is going to take time and I'd really rather not. But it's a must. As I'm making my way to the changing rooms, I have to pass the tills. I hear the female staff (who are all young girls) muttering that there's something wrong with the main machine in the basement and the tills won't take cheques or cards.

I haven't got any money on me and so know that I'll be held up yet again once we get to the checkouts. I decide to ditch the dress and go and meet dad instead. I now hear the manager (a male) telling the girls that one of them will have to go down to the basement and fix the machine.

Loudly I say, "Don't any of you girls agree to that. It's not part of your job. You get peanuts anyway and fixing machines is beyond your requirements. It's a crap job; he's a crap manager - if you don't need the money, why not just walk out now?"

As I'm saying this, I recognise one of the girls. She's an actress, around my age, but in the dream is a teenager. I can't remember her name, and as is my wont in dreams, it's important that I do remember it. She tells me her first name and I interpret this as Annabelle whereupon I realise her name is Annabelle Gish. I also recall she was Eddie's daughter (Saffron) in Absolutely Fabulous. I turn to her and say she definitely has no need to stay working here as she is going to be a famous actress.

My awareness slightly brightens at this point and I feel it's necessary to write details down in order to remember them. I have a pen...but nothing to write on. I use the back of my hand and jot down her name and a few other keywords. The writing doesn't morph and stays 'true'. I've used up the back and so turn my hand over to write on the palm. My mum comes over and I tell her what I'm doing and show her the back of my hand - which is now empty. I look at the palm and all the writing has also been erased. I awake.

When I awoke, I ran through the dream noting the keywords in my mind. I knew I'd forgotten the early part but was pleased with what I did remember. The actress is actually called Julia Sawalha - Annabeth Gish (not Annabelle) is another actress who played Agent Reyes in The X-Files. So I'd got that completely muddled up. In addition, Julia looked like a younger version of her older self, rather than what she really looked like when she was younger. Furthermore, she was already a child actor and so wouldn't be working in a two-penny clothes store.

I think that whole scenario with her appearing was a mighty distraction which I happily went with. The fact that my dream notes were removed also points that I failed the test. I suspect the test was as simple as getting back to dad in a timely fashion without 'getting lost' along the way.

It was only 1am when I awoke from this dream. I contemplated going straight back to sleep without writing anything down...but knew that this was a bad idea and so quickly jotted a few keywords down in my waking life dream notebook by my bedside.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

A second dream which has all been forgotten. The only thing remembered is that I took no part in it - I was an Observer.

A third dream with some recall, mainly sexual, where I was mostly the Observer, occasionally one of the female characters - but I wasn't 'me'.

Observer dreams are becoming more frequent. Initial thoughts are that they are mimicking my waking life, where I'm much less active (and therefore taking less part) in life than I used to be. Or perhaps there's more to it - perhaps the Dream Operators are giving me Observer dreams for a reason. I'll have to ponder it more.
89  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Stillwater's Dream Journal on: August 18, 2017, 08:25:57
I've missed reading your dreams.  smiley

The comedy seems out of place with the earlier experience. I did have a thought. As you described it, I immediately thought 'Carry On' films. These were a series of films with titles such as Carry On Camping, Carry On Up the Khyber, Carry On Matron and so on. They involved the same cast and the same theme - saucy fun with lots of flesh. (You may already know this, so forgive me if you do.)

I wondered if 'Carry On' might be relevant in some way?
90  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Oversouls and Parallel Realities on: August 18, 2017, 08:17:14
Quote from: ThaomasOfGrey
I don't follow your logic unfortunately. Why would trying all possibilities be a waste? Not trying all possibilities is an absolute guarantee of missed opportunity (waste)?

What you described probably is a ridiculous concept, but it isn't the concept I meant to describe in the OP. A more sensible hypothesis for the multiverse is that if we viewed our reality as a movie, for each "frame" of reality, we calculate a finite set of the most probable outcomes. Then using some kind of "hashing" algorithm we reduce the set to only those outcomes that are significantly different.

At this point you may repeat the forecast for a finite number of frames into the future and continue reducing the set until you have a practical number of, high probability to be significantly different, universes. Our initial set of trillions of possibilities may result in ten alternate universes that may be worth a true "clone" or branch in the multiverse.

The cost of performing the probable next state at a "quantum" level may not be high or even an issue. It is likely this very same mechanism is used to calculate what our next real frame is going to be like in actual reality. When viewed in this manner the computational complexity of calculating parallel realities isn't any different to the complexity of calculating one reality for a longer time span.

Interesting. Like Nameless, it's a bit 'whoosh over my head' stuff, but the way you've presented it here I can understand. I like it.  smiley
91  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 17, 2017, 14:15:22
Last night was a hotchpotch of dreams, mostly forgotten. The theme seemed to be miscommunication, or misinterpretation of events.

I woke up around midnight having vague memories of 'something missing' - like I'd not completed a whole test. It was a memory that I couldn't quite pull to me, but my waking thoughts were doing a quiz with 10 questions and forgetting to answer one of them, rendering the quiz incomplete and therefore failing. My waking thoughts parallel the job I do (proof-reading quizzes for school-children) and so I may have missed the mark on this dream.

Another dream saw me watching an older man and woman who always took the same train to and from work together. They were walking home and the man suggested that when they both retire, in 10 years or so, they could spend their days here together. I understood that he was making his move...but she missed it altogether. At times I was the Observer, at times I was her.

A further dream and I was back in my childhood bedroom. I'd had a sneaky cigarette and opened the window to let the smell out. I could see my fluffy toys lined up along the window sill and smiled in nostalgic memory of them. In the back garden, there was some kind of construct in the middle of the garden, a kind of huge den or bonfire pre-lit. It could house a person, it was that large. Two men came running into the garden and one shouted to the other, 'You go towards the house, I'll search here!' As this was said, I saw the movement of a lower leg in the den and understood that the two men were police looking for the criminal who was hiding in the construct. I called out, 'He's hiding in the big pile!' whereupon the first man who'd shouted rushed in to get him.

Later in the same dream, I realised I'd let them all down. Whatever it was (a drama/film, a test for those three), it was the other guy who should have caught the criminal. I'd got involved and spoiled it for everyone.

The nostalgia I felt for the old toys was dream-nostalgia. I've never seen those toys in waking life. Which ties in with EV's post about the difference between PR personality and NPR personality.

Going back to the recent dream where my finger came off, I watched a film last night where the main character cut off his finger...  shocked

92  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 17, 2017, 09:21:18
Thank you so much for responding EV - it really can be a minefield trying to work through 'All This' on your own.

Your words make a lot of sense and I'm going to spend a day or two (or three!) letting them seep into my mind.

I've been reading some older threads with very interesting discussions between yourself, Szaxx and Lionheart, amongst others. I particularly loved your 'Fieldtrip' thread.

No doubt I'll have questions once I've absorbed your post - I'll let you know.  grin
93  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 16, 2017, 09:18:06
I'm with a family, although I'm not a member of it. The family is unfamiliar to me. I'm not sure in what capacity I'm there. The daughter, who is around 10 years old, is troublesome in that she must get her own way. There is also another younger child.

She is now demanding that she is allowed to cut herself with a scalpel. I'm a little horrified at this, but her parents (or perhaps guardians, as they are two women, one much older than the other) have heard it all before and know they must comply. They do so.

The scene changes and we are all walking down a street. I've got a big wad of paper towels wrapped around my left index finger. This is where I've been cut. The understanding is that when the girl cut herself, it happened to me also. We are on our way to find the shop where they can mend the cut(s).

I'm too curious to leave the finger alone. I gently pull off the wadding. The cut is about 1cm down from the top and all the way round. Even though there is no blood, I notice that it's quite deep and am grateful it didn't go all the way through. As I have this thought, the top part of my finger comes off into the wadding. I put it back on and rewrap the wadding, hoping that they will be able to perfectly mend it.

This was early on in the night. I was quite a passive character and don't recall any dialogue from me. Perhaps I'm the girl. It was an unusual dream in that now, even though I've remembered some of it (maybe all of it), I don't feel any connection with/to it.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

A clothes store dream. Different store to the recent one. K is there and she is trying on a pair of dungarees. I tell her how much I like dungarees. Our boss is also there and informs us that he's leaving for the day, whereupon he walks out of the shop window (going right through it) and floats gently down.

There was more to this one but it's lost. How could I miss the LD trigger of K? It's the first time she's appeared since the recent dream where I asked her if she was a dream guide. The Dream Operators even gave me another LD trigger pretty much immediately after K - our boss floating through a window. And I missed that one too. Doh.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

I'm with Mum and two of her friends, unfamiliar to me. She is at the top of the stairs, her friends are on the stairs and I'm at the bottom. She is recounting an experience from the night before where a neighbour - known to her and called Daniel - appeared on the stairs as she was going to the bathroom. She assumed he was real and started talking to him whereupon he faded away.

The friends start mulling over what could have happened. After a few minutes I come in with, "There is another explanation; but I don't think you'll like it."

They all look over at me expectantly.

"Daniel might have been astral projecting."

I can see they are not going to give this the time of day.

I'm re-reading A Record of Out-of-the-Body Experiences by Oliver Fox and I reckon the dream has come directly from that. What is frustrating is that I didn't even realise I was dreaming, despite talking about astral projecting.

Jeepers, how many LD triggers do I need before I wake up in the dream?  undecided
94  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Another newbie on: August 15, 2017, 11:33:10
Hey Selski ...tell me please..is there a way to go from the main topic board to the end of the thread directly? 

There is.  smiley

If you look at the list of thread titles, go to the right hand side where the date is. Next to the date there is a little page/arrow icon. This is the 'last post' icon and if you click on it, it will take you to the end of the thread.

HTH
95  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Another newbie on: August 15, 2017, 10:40:03
Hi Visitor and welcome to the Pulse.  smiley

Sounds like you've got a wealth of experience under your belt. Have a good look around - there's loads of stuff to whet your appetite.
96  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 15, 2017, 09:26:50
There are only snippets from the last few days.

I was in a building and the man who owned it had put some kind of force field right through it. This was in order to stop people coming through to the rooms we were in. I remember thinking 'bullet-proof glass' but understood that what he could do was much much more than that.

A later dream saw me and ex staying in a hotel. We were in our room which was actually the whole upper level of the hotel. We'd arrived in the morning - if we'd come in the evening we'd have been given a complimentary selection of drinks which comprised a dream character looking suspiciously like Kurt Leland serving us 29 different spirits. I was glad we'd missed out.

And then later on in a third dream, the usual sex shenanigans.  tongue
97  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: 15 second lesson - Lucid Dream Experience on: August 15, 2017, 09:19:40
Isn't it frustrating? To get lucid and then have it snatched away just for asking a question.

Hopefully you'll now be back in the swing of it and will have another LD very soon.

Quest-chain - how cute is that?  cheesy
98  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hello there on: August 14, 2017, 22:49:23
Hello

You've got great taste in music.

Blimey.

grin

Selski
99  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Dream Journal on: August 14, 2017, 22:39:14
Iím in a building with another person. The building is modern, open-plan and predominantly white. Our aim is to find clues and move onto the next area/clue. Clues are hidden in books, in the placing of ornaments and so on. Itís been well thought-out and cleverly designed. There are others looking for clues too Ė it seems we are in pairs.

We find a clue inside a book which states that we must be careful when going a certain way. As we move that way, four balls of various sizes, from a tennis-sized ball to a basketball-sized ball appear from the ceiling and land in a recess (which strangely enough is in the middle of a room). They donít bounce, but are obviously not heavy. It was those that we had to be careful of. And they are our next clue.

Iím suddenly preoccupied with something in my mouth. Itís a piece of cotton and as I try to pull it out, it catches on a jagged tooth. Iím now worried about pulling too hard in case my tooth comes out as well. As if by magic, Iím now looking in a mirror at my open mouth to try and carefully unwind the cotton from the tooth. The rest of my mouth is large and has a number of open flaps in the gums. I know it looks wrong, but there isnít any pain or blood so I accept it as normal. I manage to remove the cotton from the tooth, but itís now lodged firmly in my gum. Iím holding one end and the other goes right inside, so much so that I canít see it. I pull gently and it comes out slowly. I can feel it moving, but as it doesnít hurt or bleed, I continue pulling. Itís an odd sensation, unpleasant but I really donít want it in my mouth any more. Eventually it comes completely out and I awake.

Itís amazing how much more has come back to me as Iím writing it down. Iíd forgotten a lot about the first part in the building until I started typing. What strikes me now is it sounds just like a simulation. I imagine me & my partner (who I didnít recognise as anyone I knew) were doing quite well Ė and then I got distracted with the cotton.

What is amusing is that for dinner the same day we had string beans, which were rather stringy. So stringy, they were getting caught in my teeth and I didnít finish them. I suspect that memory popped up in the middle of my dream test and completely consumed me. Ha ha ha.

100  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Musically Minded on: August 14, 2017, 22:31:04
Love it.  grin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 85