The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 18, 2019, 12:57:07

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics! / Re: My New Blog - Unlimited Boundaries on: May 23, 2011, 19:13:06
wow! just tried your site from my IPad - and the frontpage says: "Swipe me"  smiley

Thanks for a very nice looking and interesting blog Xanth.
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Astral Projection on: May 22, 2011, 14:41:01
What does RTZ stand for?

"Real Time Zone" you're welcome  smiley
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Easiest way to OBE, Death, Astral Sex etc. on: May 20, 2011, 22:25:05
Deleted my post - it was totally pointless, sorry.
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: A few questions on Astral Projection (false awakenings, exploding head syndrome) on: May 20, 2011, 20:11:46
 grin glad to be back...
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: The Steps to Success in your First Projections on: May 20, 2011, 15:54:30
This is great. I've had 5 OBEs - I had been trying for a year before going to sleep in the evening - had lots of bodily sensations but could never get out...

a year later i was trying to get lucid dreams, took the "meditate" after 4-5 hours of sleep approach - a passive approach - expecting to fall asleep into a LD and VOILA! i had my first OBE. The other 4 came using the same passive meditation approach. what I discovered was that being too focused on having a silent mind - didn't work for me - I was being kept too awake. Only when my thougts would drift a bit I coud make it into the OBE it came naturally, when i stopped making so much of an effort. So I can testify to your great post - you wrote it sublimely. Thanks.
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: A few questions on Astral Projection (false awakenings, exploding head syndrome) on: May 20, 2011, 15:26:23
Sadly, I think that the only thing happening is that the whole thing is aborted... though I would always make a reality check to see if its a false awakening...
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Any tips for keeping awareness when entering deep relaxation( sleep) on: May 20, 2011, 08:02:21
Its easier to project in the early morning after at least 4-6 hours of sleep. before bedtime you will be most likely be too tired and your physical body too tense. Robert Bruce (OBE guru) always mentions that the single most important aspect of actually getting out is physical relaxation. In the morning you get that for "free" and doesn't have to do relaxation practises. also your mind seems less inclined to wander off when not too tired.
I do think that your mind can be allowed to wander off, just a little bit, it takes your mind off your body sensations, but you do need to be clinging on to some part of your consciousness to not loose it and go to sleep. Its tricky but doable - do some of the practices mentioned in this thread to become familiar with the borderline states. becoming too wrapped up on staying awake, will just keep you, ahem... awake - and that isn't what you are trying to do.
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: A few questions on Astral Projection (false awakenings, exploding head syndrome) on: May 20, 2011, 07:49:45
Aaarhh exploding head syndrome  grin I just love it
This is really strange, I had 5 OBEs and in everyone I have got the exploding head syndrome. Sounds pretty scary that syndrome, doesn't it. luckily I had read about before I got the first one - so i could relax and think to myself - this isn't dangerous. An incredible experience in itself - almost feels nice because you know whats going to happen next. But for me its indescribable - I really can't think of anything that describes the Exploding head syndrome.

These 5 OBEs where alle early morning, me lying in bed trying to meditate going into "mind awake/body asleep-state"
Ive been taking a break lately in doing LDs and OBE - attempts because me and the wife had our 3 child a year ago. Now things are easing up and I going to attempt going astral again.
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Lucid Dreams.... on: May 20, 2011, 07:31:46
Starting out with LDs are a good way to get rid of the fear-factor. I tried to OBE for a year before trying out on LDs - I was quite succesfull having 30 LDs within the first 6 months - during that period I also tried out some night time meditation - laying in my bed doing meditation and expecting a lucid dream to come I actually had 5 OBEs. Because I was expecting a dream I wasn't scared. You could say that I fooled my subconscious into not being afraid of the things happening to me.

I believe I now have a more natural approach to OBEs I can see them as a natural phenomenon, not something to be afraid of. allthough if someone would have asked me at the time, if i was afraid of going out of body - i would've said NO!. I know now that deep down I was subconsciously holding myself back.

So LD all you can - you will also see that the difference between the two states aren't so black or white. It will give you reason to question reality and give you many thoughts about different states of consciousness.

good luck!
10  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Back with new energy (pun intended) on: May 10, 2011, 07:34:31
Thank you. Its hard work, but definately worth it. Things are clearing up - and thats whats making me come back to astral pulse and "innersearching"  smiley
11  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Back with new energy (pun intended) on: May 09, 2011, 20:43:32
Thanks everybody for your welcomes.

I'm positive there is a link between dreams and OBEs - when first starting out with trying to have OBEs I was very much on the search for the proof of a life after death. I believed a true conscious OBE would be the only thing to prove it to me. Im happy to say that there is much more to it - than one could only start to imagine when starting out as an astral explorer. I've also learned that the term "out of body" may be quite misleading. When having lucid dreams with high awareness, experiencing "false awakenings" and comparing it to an OBE - there really isn't that much to tell them apart.

Still a lot to learn on the subject though, best keep an open mind...   undecided
12  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Back with new energy (pun intended) on: May 08, 2011, 07:58:36
Hi there, I've been out of this business, since becoming a father for the third time... triple fatherhood have taken its toll on me - so I haven't really been having any succes with going astral-travelling. Falling asleep the minute you hit the bed isnt doing anything good for the cause : )

Now its been over a year since visiting this place and I'm ready to take up this lifestyle again. having been set back I need to dive into this all over again. Previously i've had 5 OBEs and about 40 lucid dreams under my belt, as well as being used to meditating and going to mind awake/body asleep state almost every night.

This time i feel like exploring the connection between dreams and the astral-planes - as I seemingly have a better chance at starting out with lucid dreams. I hope to convert some dreams to OBEs - I'm very curios of this connection and hope to get further with it this time, now I know how much I miss having this other dimension in my life (another pun intended...)

13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: 200 minutes in F12 -> not a simple place on: May 08, 2011, 07:46:58
The very first day i tried to OBE - I experienced the heart-throbbing. As i hadn't read about i became pretty scared that my heart was going to explode or something like that. it really was that intense.

Now i sometimes still get the heartthrobbing, but i see it as a sign that i'm going somewhere. I haven't had any OBEs while getting it though - those 5 i've had came after waking up with the "exploding head syndrome" : ) The very intense vibrations and LOUD roaring sound thats almost painful.
 I got those by meditating to trance in the middle of the night - after a short blackout i wake up in that "state" and can easily slip out of body.
14  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Test your ability to remote view on: December 29, 2008, 16:11:27
Thanks I will try this as soon as i have time for myself... (could be a while during holidays  sad )
15  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Enlightenment, Karma and the Soul on: December 29, 2008, 12:15:47
Hi. I haven't really got anything to add, other than you really should try out Tayesins website. I've been studying it for a few days now - and it IS very wise words - it really makes you think. Good job Tayesin, and thank you.

16  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: A way to minipulate your dreams? on: October 20, 2008, 09:10:28
ok i hope it is working for you.

This morning i woke up and couldn't remember any dreams at all. I was very dissapointed because i had listened to a Lucid-dream-hypnosis MP3 2 times (25 minutes each), looked at my hands for 10 minutes while saying "next time i'm dreaming i will look at my hands and realize that I'm dreaming" i repeated it while dozing of to sleep - and then nothing happened?!? angry (have also been doing reality-checks all day)

Now i have just had a 1 hour nap and think i experienced a lucid dream, kinda - cause it didn't feel "right".

I remember that everything wasn't very clear - but i "woke" up in my dream in my bed and i looked at my hands. I saw they were very blurry and looked unreal - I thought "I'm dreaming" and i was conscious but the surroundings was still my bedroom and not very clear. I felt as if my body was resisting - and couldn't get up - i said to myself: "float up" and repeated a few times but nothing happened. I tried to pull my finger to see if i could pull it out of shape, but i couldn't - I thought that maybe i was having some sort of Out of body experience sat up and tried to look around to see my body lying in bed, but i couldn't - and at this time i woke up. Pretty desorientated...

It was strange, but I think I'm getting there - as i was very conscious about looking at my hands and pulling my finger, but still it was odd that it seemed as if I was still in the "Real Time Zone" and not in a dream-environment. I have been trying to go out of body for 6 months + so maybe i have been reading and thinking so much about that my dreams reminds me of OBE's??

ok Kurai Kokoro sorry for babbling, i'm glad if you took time to read this.

17  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: A way to minipulate your dreams? on: October 19, 2008, 18:47:36
That sounds interesting. Do you remember where you read about it?
18  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: A way to minipulate your dreams? on: October 19, 2008, 12:38:42
he he some dreams you really wouldn't want to become conscious in   sad   then again if you had control of the dream you could dream up a gigantic laser-beam-neutron-cannon-disintegrator-kind-of-weapon and just blow the demon away - or you tell him to sit and, roll over and throw a stick for him to fetch grin
19  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: A way to minipulate your dreams? on: October 19, 2008, 10:13:15
I'm also trying to achieve lucid dreams. I decided to reality check everytime i went into a room. Somehow it just doesn't work... maybe its because i have to go through 2 rooms to go to the toilet  rolleyes and i go there quite often  grin

So now i do reality checks whenever i think of doing them. I have also since yesterday decided to go through a free 14 day mini-course called "infinity". That should have around a 100% succesrate (!) so its worth trying. 

http://www.dreamport.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9

Keep posting on how it goes.
20  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Music of Dreams on: October 18, 2008, 15:28:51
No i haven't had any musical experiences while dreaming, but i got to think of the 80'ies BBC-comedy "The Young Ones" where Neil (The hippie) dreams about a song and record it. Unfortunately it was already written by Cliff Richard (i think, was it the song:"the Young ones"?) - very funny!

Sorry this was as off topic as it could get - without actually going off topic  grin
21  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: A way to minipulate your dreams? on: October 18, 2008, 12:59:12
If you could ask yourself the question "Am I dreaming?" in a dream and answer it: "yes!" Then you are going to have a Lucid Dream, where you are just as aware as you are now reading this - and you could eg. fly to the skies like Superman... 

There are many methods for being able to do this, like doing reality checks in the day or doing suggestions before going to sleep.

A good site for any questions are: www.ld4all.com

22  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Dream Recall on: October 18, 2008, 12:54:37
Hi there... I'm currently reading about Lucid Dreaming and according to Stephen Laberge (lucid dreaming "guru") your dreaming occurs during REM-sleep. They get longer and longer through the night and after 6 hours sleep they could be as long as an hour. To be better at recalling dreams you should have a dream-journal just besides your bed - if you wake up after a dream, you should be able to recall it - but if you get up or let the thought slip away it could be gone before you know it. So you have to quickly write down some keywords about your dream. Next morning you could look at the words and then they should give some sort of meaning.

To wake up just after a dream you could try autosuggestion. Say to yourself just before you go to sleep "I will wake up after each dream" (repeat it so that it is the last thought you have before sleeping) according to Laberge we all wake up briefly after dreams for 10-15 seconds - we can't always remember it - but if you do suggestions like the one suggested - you should become aware of being awake and you should be able to improve your dream-recall quite a lot...  good luck 
23  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / OBE, Lucid Dream or just very Vivid dream? on: October 18, 2008, 10:48:48
The other night I had this incredible dream. One of those that you wake up from with a smile on your face Smiley  But also one where I questioned what the h**l was this?

I have been trying to get an Out of body-experience for a year now and been reading lots of books on the subject... Just recently after having no succes I decided to try and get into Lucid dreaming. (I have a book by Laberge)
The 3rd night trying with MILD (and starting up with too many RC during day-time  shocked ) I had this wonderful dream i mentioned:

Here we go:

In the dream I remember waking up in my living-room on the couch (although sleeping in my bedroom) I felt my body being filled with vibrations (like before a OBE) and i said to myself maybe I'm having an OBE - soon after i could feel myself floating up over the coach. I said to myself: "This is it! I'm OBE'ing!" My eyes were closed and i remembered to say "astral vision on!" to get sight - it worked (or perhaps i just opened my eyes.)

Then i said to myself "go up, up, up" and i did; i went through the roof of my house (it was very dark in the attic) and i went further up. Now i could see the stars on a VERY dark-blue sky. This stage of the dream was extremely lifelike i have never seen the sky as beatiful before - and it was almost better than looking at a real sky. Then suddenly i remember having my wife in my arms, like Superman and Lois Lane. I gave her a kiss and decided to go out of my out of body experience (i know you have to keep them short at first to remember them) I then woke up in my bed - and said WAUW to myself i really did it! I reached out for my dream-journal and wrote in it - i then went back to sleep. Or so it seemed because i woke up again looked in my dream-journal and saw that i hadn't written anything. I was dazzled i went up and looked out hte window to see if there was a clear sky. There wasn't - so i must have dreamt it all up.

I was both exited and dissapointed - glad about the dream but dissapointed because i hadn't had either a Lucid dream or an Out of body-experience  huh

Then again i remember my thoughts VERY clearly i thought i was having an OBE and acted accordingly - but then again I didn't think of the fact that i lay in the couch instead of my bed or that i suddenly had my wife in my arms.

Was it just a very vivid dream?
24  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Breathing issues during attempt on: August 28, 2008, 16:13:52
I get that too... I believe its got something to do with the throat-chakra - maybe you could focus more on opening and drawing energy to that. (?)
25  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Vibrations... on: August 28, 2008, 07:56:20
According to all the things i have read: Yes, that should work! The trick is to get your awareness outside of your body and pulling yourself up to an imaginary object should do the trick (thats an exit technique) if you already have vibrations at that point - you should be able to get out. It's hard to keep concentrating if your awareness point is kept still, but if you imagine going slowly up - and "feel" the coordinates around you changing accordingly it should be easier. 
Pages: [1] 2