The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 17, 2018, 12:15:47

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Mirrors and Shapeshifting another CRAZY OBE EXPERIENCE on: March 05, 2013, 01:17:34
I've seen all sorts of things in mirrors. Distorted and mutated versions of myself, bubbling with tumours and misshapen limbs. A more buff version of myself covered in dark tattoos, grinning back at me. Once I saw a monk in robes, shrunken and ancient. I can't remember seeing any female reflections, but then again I usually avoid mirrors now. I have no idea what the rules are, or where the reflections come from, or even if they are true reflections of your form at that time (they do seem to reflect movement in the way you would expect). Is that really how you look to others? Who knows. Might explain some reactions I've had...

The past life idea is a guess too far for me. It might be right though--the reflection may cause the astral mind to introspect and access things that you don't have conscious access to. But I wouldn't panic if you see something grim and disgusting--just laugh at it and move on.
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Could not pass through glass on: March 05, 2013, 00:57:22
Start with just a fingertip if you have trouble passing through a material. Alternatively, back through it, or start with a knee. Try to relax your way through.

Others have already said the important part--your body is a construct of your own, and there are no rules as to where it can go or what it can do. You just have to believe you can pass through--or realise that you have no body at all. In some of my most powerful OBEs I am just a disembodied point of consciousness, gathering data from all directions at once. The astral body is made entirely of your expectations.

I still find it amazing that people experience more or less the same sensations when passing through glass--the cool crystalline structure, the slightly gritty feel, the rush as you move through it.
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Green whirling energy and extreme anxiety on: June 27, 2012, 01:09:37
I remember returning from a projection one night (about 3am) and waking in my body to find my room lit by a small bright green cloud on the ceiling, right above my bed. It lasted for ten seconds or so before fading away. It wasn't just some visual artefact--I sat up and it maintained its position, kind of hugging the smoke alarm above my bed. Needless to say I was fairly freaked out by it, as nothing had ever 'spilled across' so strongly before.
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / This morning's OBE on: April 21, 2012, 15:39:02
Had a pretty good OBE this morning, thought I would share.

Conditions: 12-1pm. Slept 7 hours last night, was up for a couple of hours (with a mild hangover!) had breakfast, did some writing, then felt tired enough for a nap. Grey and rainy day outside. Rain on roof. Stretched out on the recliner in our sun lounge (...rain lounge). Loose clothes (pyjama bottoms, t-shirt). Cold feet, no socks. Cushion on belly, hands over chest.

OBE: After about fifteen minutes of chilling out, I realised that I was weightless. No vibrations. Moved astral hands out of my hands, felt heavy but was able to gradually increase separation by rocking back and forth. With some effort I was out, standing in the sun lounge.

This OBE was mostly blind. I was occasionally able to see with something like blurry tunnel vision if I made an effort--decided to forget it and go ahead blind. Walked out through the patio doors (slight resistance, glass sensations).

I felt my way along the decking outside. Felt the grain of the wood. If I stretched, I could feel both sides of the deck at once--it's four metres wide. I felt my way to the end of the decking, felt the edge. Tried an experiment--tried to convince myself that there was another wooden runner beyond the end of the deck, and felt for it--it wasn't there. I took that as a good sign. 

Jumped off the end of the decking and drifted slowly into some grassy waste ground behind the house. Knelt down and felt the grass. At this point my vision kicked in for a while, and I was able to see the house from that point of view, spots of sunlight moving across the waste ground. Looked up at the clouds, tried to stretch out towards them but I wasn't going anywhere today.

Jumped back up on to the deck and back into the sun lounge. Knelt down and looked at a tiny insect carcass in the dust by the patio doors. Playing with the infinite zoom of the OBE is a lot of fun.

That was it, more or less! Nothing reality-shattering!

Note: The tiny insect carcass was there where I'd seen in it--it was a fly. To be fair, though, tiny flies get trapped in the sun lounge all the time, and inevitably die trying to escape, so finding a dead fly down by the door is a pretty sure bet.
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE with physical eyes open on: April 15, 2012, 06:47:17
I can't say that I've ever tried getting to an OBE with my eyes open (I don't think I could reach the necessary level of relaxation...the question could be rephrased as 'can you sleep with your eyes open?') but I've accidentally opened my physical eyes during an OBE many times, and found myself staring at an out-of-focus image of the ceiling above me while all other sensations and my bodily awareness came from the astral (in one event I had felt by way blindly down the stairs to the front door, tried to force my astral vision but ended up opening my physical eyes, and I was totally aware of being in both locations at once.)
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: have you seen your past life? on: April 14, 2012, 01:22:52
As a child I had dreams of drowning--the same few seconds of a memory, slipping down into the dark, arms raised, calm. Always just fragments.

About 10 years ago now I had one of the most intense meditation experiences of my life. I was a student; I had the house to myself for the weekend so it was dark and quiet. I'd been APing for a couple of years, but was focussing 'inward' for a while to build control. I was laying in my back, focussing on the sensation of my hands moving up and down on my chest as I breathed, when I felt myself slip out of my body and float about six inches above it. I decided not to go roving about...I kept my focus. In seconds I was elsewhere.

My 'self' faded away. It was a mask...a line drawing of a face, fading into a dot, on a warm orange background. I'm describing this as a 2D image but really it was beyond dimensionality--a new form of space, or a far older one. The 'dot' that was me joined thousands of other dots in a grid. "Huh," I thought, and turned my attention to a nearby dot.

It was immediately, instinctively apparent that I was at some sort of switchboard of lives, and all of these dots were forms and instances of existence.

The dot grew into a line drawing of a face.

I dived into the face.

-------------zzzzzip---

I'm on a ship. It's cold. I see red lead paint bubbling on rusted steel.

I am a prisoner, one of about ten to fifteen other prisoners, and we are on the lower deck. We're being transported somewhere. We're wearing thick coats. I'm sitting with my back against a low wall on the edge of the deck. Above us are men with automatic rifles. I remember one man specifically...smoking, looking down at me. Long hair, dirty white vest. We're all Asian. My fellow prisoners are sitting opposite to me, against the cabins below the bridge of the ship. They look totally disheartened.

I start a song. Just five notes...five words...a chant. My friends (brothers!) urge me to stop. It's forbidden. But the song is ours, it's a song about hope and impermenance. I stand and sing it. They shout down from above and wave their guns, but what can they do? They'll never stop this song. I pity them. I sing louder. The others sing.

One shot from above. Through the shoulder and out through my rib cage. The song goes on. I fall over a chain and into the water. There is no pain, just calm, pity, release. My hands are above me...I see the surface of the water, the dull shape of the ship. I'm still singing as I sink. I know what's happening. I've seen this before. I'm not here at all. I'm--

---------back in the orange space--

--back in my body

I LEAP out of bed. I can still sing the song. I cry for a while at the immensity of it all. I can just about hum the song. I make a sandwich...I forget the song. Only an impression remains.

I remember the childhood dream of drowning...turns out it is a snapshot of a few seconds of that life.

Who were we? Where were we going? I have no idea. I have the vague idea that we were an outlawed monastic order but that may be coloured by conjecture. Sure as anything, I died from drowning after a gunshot, and I was somebody who was well beyond caring about another death.

Was it a past life? Yeah, I think so. I can still see the expression on one man's face as the shot rang out. I didn't believe in past lives before then.

Only other memory from that life surfaced at the same time...remembered as I sank...I'm a child, walking along a well-worn trail on a grassy hill, behind a young girl in a dirty blue-white skirt.
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: how good are you? on: April 12, 2012, 00:49:21
I can tell you where I want to be: I'd like to develop the ability to dip into the OBE and OBE consciousness at will, 24 hours a day, while remaining functional (and having my 'earthly' function enhanced by having the 'astral' on tap). This is something I've been working towards since my teens.

Where I am now...if that's a 10, maybe a 6. Very common sleep awareness (I don't like to call it paralysis anymore as I have good control) and vibrations, conscious exit maybe once every couple of weeks, usually opportunistic rather than planned (though in earlier years I could take a quiet afternoon and kick off a planned OBE with maybe 1-in-3 certainty...I'm a little out of practise and I don't have the kind of time I had as a student). My OBEs, when they happen, are vivid and powerful (meaningful events, validated time travel, spherical vision, gone beyond the astral once) continuous (no breaks in consciousness) and controlled (I'm a half-decent flyer). For all I've seen there is still an infinity out there to be explored and understood...I'm under no illusions there.

If I close my eyes for a couple of minutes I can get myself to a creatively useful hypnogogic/creative/visionary/altered state every time, which is major aim of what I'm doing.
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Is it vibrations? on: April 07, 2012, 21:28:52
I had a super-strong vibration experience last night, maybe this will help to illustrate. I don't always get the vibrations before an OBE, but when I do, the sensations are unmistakeable.

It was about 1am. I've just recently moved house, and being physically tired in new surroundings has led to some great vibration and sleep paralysis shortly after going to bed (though I've had no desire to take advantage of them!)

I was on my side. Body right on the edge of sleep--I was shifting in and out of control (right on the edge of paralysis) just for practise. After a while, I felt a strong buzzing in the palms of my hands, like very strong 'pins and needles' (though everything had good circulation.) At the same time, a vast sound and sensation filled my head...like an electronic bass note tuned right down to the lowest end of the scale, wet and noisy (in synth terms! I might try to replicate it in an audio package later). There's no mistaking the sound and sensation, you can't miss it if it happens.

That was it, anyway...I experimented with raising and lowering the pitch for a while, then shook myself out of it and turned over to go to sleep.
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: wrongful uses of astral travel on: March 20, 2012, 02:47:59
I know if I had a big mysterious airbase in the middle of nowhere, one with a lot of interest surrounding it, I'd consider turning it into a recruitment station for astral travelers. Create a big sign with a phone number and a codeword on it, put it in a vault with "Alien Mortuary" written on the door Smiley
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Awesome OBE this morning on: March 20, 2012, 02:37:52
Something I'd almost forgotten, but interesting in retrospect--I was watching a movie last night when I felt a surge of weightlessness rising from my stomach to my head, a bit like vertigo but without the disorientation. At the time I wondered if it was OBE-related--some instinct told me it was. Then I had the easiest exit of my life the next morning. Don't know for sure if it was related, but who knows?
11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Awesome OBE this morning on: March 19, 2012, 19:46:43
I had a really smooth exit experience followed by an unusual trip this morning, thought I'd share.

Woke up at about 11 (bank holiday!) and played some sudoku in bed. My girlfriend got up to make some breakfast, and I turned over for a snooze. Just lay on my side with my arms outstretched in front of me, which recently has given me a couple of really quick and easy exits--like it regulates my breathing, puts me in exactly the right frame of mind, or something. Naturally I was already pretty relaxed, just chilling out listening to music from the kitchen. I heard a 'pop' inside my head and realised that my body had fallen asleep. From there it was only the barest effort of will to float up out of my body--it has never been so easy. No blindness, the world was vivid, full of light and colour. I had complete control, all running on instinct. It was amazing! The rarest of things...quick, spontaneous and powerful. I remained calm and floated out through the bedroom window into the front yard. So bright, so vivid. I felt no need to rush...no draw back to the body...this was better than even my 'peak' experiences years ago.

If I have all this control, I thought, why not explore? So I willed myself to go 'somewhere interesting'...as simple as that. Clapped my hands (I find it helps to 'punctuate' thoughts like that) and I found myself above a park, in a very well-kept, vaguely futuristic city. It was just as bright and vivid as the garden, maybe moreso. It was lit by a bright yellowish sun, felt like midday at the height of summer.

I swooped down into a wide street, flying at ground level (cheerfully 'skimming' along). This was the most populated place I've ever seen (all of my previous travels have been in the sparsely populated real-time world). People everywhere, milling around, going about their business. No road traffic as far as I could see. I found a wide plaza where a group had gathered with suitcases. I stopped beside them to question them (knowing that I wouldn't have long before my girlfriend woke me up!) I spoke to a thin, swarthy man with short-cropped black hair and a grey/black beard.

"What are you all doing?"

"Leaving."

"Going where?"

He shrugged and turned away.

I flew on. I passed a figure I recognised as a policeman or a guard...only this was a policeman by way of Moebius and Tron, a uniform and full-face helmet of yellow blue and white, swirling and interlocking shapes. His head followed me as I passed.

Then my girlfriend called me for my coffee and Rice Krispies and I was back in bed. "Okay honey, I'll be right out!" But I had every intention of flying right out the window again...I felt that I still could...and I did! I willed myself to return to the city, and I did.

This time I was over a market that ran along the sides of a narrow street. It was a bustling place...I dropped to ground level and walked. At the end of the street was a flight of stairs, and at the foot of the stairs I was met by a short man who handed me a square wooden token. The token was embossed with an image of the Buddha, and below it was a first name and a surname. I told myself I'd remember...of course I didn't...the first name began with B, the second was Myrtle or Mortyle or something like that.

Shortly afterwards came the breakfast call again, and I had to get up.
12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Please help: focus blocks on: February 26, 2012, 01:59:14
You should try turning your head slightly to the left or right, that should help with the saliva problem. Or maybe you're hungry? Smiley

I've experienced assistance in leaving the body, but in my experience it was more violent/impatient than a gentle guiding hand. You should try calling out (mentally) for a stronger tug and see if it changes anything. It sounds like you're pretty close anyhow.
13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Okay, am I progressing here? on: February 26, 2012, 01:31:30
If it's an action that you only do when you're trying for an out of body experience, then that's a pretty strong signal of intention. The power of rituals is in symbolic communication with your own subconscious, and the 't-shirt over the eyes' is my version of dancing around a fire, casting whatever to the compass points, slaughtering a chicken, sleeping under a pyramid, etc.
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Okay, am I progressing here? on: February 26, 2012, 00:40:48
This all sounds about right! If your eyes are annoying you..and I know exactly what you mean...just lay a light cloth over them, just enough weight to keep the eyelashes pointed downwards, which will automatically keep your eyes closed without much effort. I use a rolled-up t-shirt. Also helps to block out light and send a strong message of intention to your subconscious.
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Little Questions on: February 26, 2012, 00:06:32
For your first question I have a pretty good example. I was once dreaming that I was in my house, near the back door, and for whatever reason I became lucid. So I was aware that I was dreaming of my nearby environment, I thought about going and checking my body, and WHAM the entire texture of my surroundings changed. I went from dreaming of the back door to looking at the real thing. There was a clear difference--the dream had more saturated colour, the real thing was lit only by moonlight. Also I knew by instinct that I was now in the out of body state.

In another dream, I was trying to show someone else that I had gained the ability to leave my body at will. So, in the dream, I laid down and left my (dream) body. I knew immediately that something wasn't right--I felt weak, diminished. I returned to my body in the dream, then woke up with a killer headache!

For your second question...in my experience you'll most often encounter a world closely overlaid on our own...but I've seen repeating and 'stable' locations that have either no physical parallel or a vague connection to the real world, like huge, exaggerated sand dunes at the beach.
16  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Re: Hand Chronic pain on: February 25, 2012, 23:49:00
As an artist myself the best advice I can give is to take a break (30 minutes or more) now and then, and steep your hand in warm water occasionally, especially if it's cold. If it starts to 'cramp' or feel tight, just stop for the day. Also, you may be leaning too hard with your pen/pencil--as soon as I realised that, I could draw for eight hours straight without pain, as opposed to three or four.

I wouldn't think there would be much you could do in terms of subtle energy manipulation...what you're describing is basically gradual mechanical damage. But it's not my area Smiley
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics! / Re: Validation thread! on: February 25, 2012, 19:46:20
The 'thick fog' you describe is spot-on as well. Moving around is like dragging yourself through treacle (sugar syrup...molasses...depending on where you're from.) The eerie feel is often there as well. I've heard it described as 'etheric' projection--a different grade of subtle body between the physical and astral. (I can't say if that's a 'real' concept but the experiences are all very similar, so as a shorthand it works for me.) I have a rough 'working theory' of that state--imagine a close duplicate of the real world where time slowed to a crawl but you could still move around--the lights would dim (lazy electrons, slow photons!) and the air would feel thick as you pushed through it. I've tried turning on the TV--it just gave out a low hum.

Have you ever tried looking in a mirror in that state? I've seen some pretty horrific/twisted versions of myself.
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Change your past on: February 25, 2012, 17:23:41
I've often wondered if I could jump around within my own lifetime using astral time-travel, or meet past/future versions of myself, but I really don't think it works like that. I've only been able to time-travel once, and that was assisted, and I only went forward 4 days--after that seemed impossible. Now, perhaps that was just the limit of my ability, or a limit set by the 'guide' who was showing me how to do it, I don't know. I returned to my body on the same date I left it Smiley If I'd tried finding myself four days in the future, what would I have found...my body in a coma ward, awaiting my return? I don't think so. I just don't have that sort of control over the various mechanisms that support my existence here...thankfully!

Ask yourself what it is about the past you'd like to change...question how exactly that affects you today, and if you don't like that, try changing it in the here-and-now.

Or just become a master of time and space and give it a go. I doubt you'd care at that stage. Happy travels Smiley
19  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Getting closer? on: February 25, 2012, 17:08:55
Try it in the afternoon, after a big lunch...or after good whole-body exercise (I have an elliptical trainer that's great for both the legs and arms). I've never had much success at night, occasionally at about 3am or so if I wake up for a while first--you could try setting an alarm, getting up for a quick walk about/go to the toilet, then try. The dark can be a bit unsettling at first, so you could try it with a light on but with a t-shirt rolled up and wrapped around your eyes (I did that for years--it also helps if your eyes often feel like they want to open, the blindfold holds them shut!)

Other than that...keep trying. It took me months, nearly a year...but that time allowed me to get familiar with deeper and deeper states of relaxation (e.g. hearing myself snore on the 'outside' but being perfectly awake.)
20  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Getting read of Fear? on: February 25, 2012, 16:43:39
The beings were female in appearance, fat, dressed in black, but almost with the body proportions of children. One was bigger than the other. It felt like one was training the other, but that's just an impression I had.

My aim here was to reassure, not unsettle Smiley I've never run into anything geniunely dangerous (but then, everyone says that, right?) See, I'm doing it again...

Just go into it with a light-hearted attitude and laugh at anything remotely threatening. It really does help. Ridicule and pity are tools in your arsenal--they elevate you, and can turn even frightening experiences into informative outings. Even if you are genuinely afraid...just keep at it and pretend that you're not!

I don't want to give the impression that every sleep paralysis experience is terrifying. Once, I realised there was a non-threatening presence in the room with me...a girl with short blonde hair in blue jeans and a red coat. She sat at my bedside and smiled at me, stroking my cheek. No fear there--it was just a bit weird. Other times I've seen strange green clouds above my bed, listened to music and etherial talk-radio stations (complete with jingles and station idents). You're going to run into weird stuff!

Once I was woken at 3am by something pulling on my ankles. It yanked me down the bed by six inches or so...I grumbled and pulled myself back up. Then I was pulled down the bed again, this time further...again I grumbled and pulled myself back up. Finally, I was gradually of realising what was going on...I felt hands grip my ankles tightly and pull me right out of the bed! I bounced off the wall and found myself standing beside a guy in glowing blue-white robes, grinning at me. I yelled profanities at him and he shrank away, rolling up into a point and disappearing. It took a few seconds for me to realise that he had just pulled me out of my body...he was helping me, but obviously in a jarring and frightening way. I called out: "sorry! I didn't mean to react like that!" but he didn't return.
21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Getting read of Fear? on: February 25, 2012, 14:57:28
Here's something that might help:

In an early OBE, I had flown about a mile from home over nearby roads, just exploring. It was one of my clearest and most controlled experiences up until that point. I seemed to be more or less perfectly in the real world. I flew (half ran/jumped) to the entrance of a heavily-graffiti'd tunnel beneath an overpass nearby to have a look around. (Not a threatening place--this was a leafy area I'd hung out in as a kid.) I decided to experiment with contact with 'higher self' or 'higher beings' or any one of the vaguely parental archetypes people had reportedly encountered. I also had the naive idea that I might be able to 'help' someone or something.

So I called out "if there's anyone listening...I'd like to help someone. Could you show me the way?"

To my surprise, there was a reply. "Are you sure?"

"Yes!"

With that, something 'took over'...flew me smoothly and quickly to a junction near the hospital nearby. Then it pushed me down into the ground, through asphalt and earth, until I felt a new presence. This was something terrible, angry and confused, a knot of some horrifying energy under the road. It screamed at me, a chilling wail that echoed around my head. I felt it reach out, then felt 'control' return to me...I shot out of the ground and blasted back to my body in a straight line, through trees and buildings. On my panicked three-second return flight, I heard the laughter of the 'higher' entity. Quite a lesson!

But I was unharmed. I'd seen something new and learned quite a bit. 1) There was someone willing to help me, 2) there were frightening things out there but they could be faced without personal risk (other than feeling a bit unsettled afterwards) and 3) I could spring back to my body like lightning if I needed to!

In early OBE practice you will probably find yourself in the sleep paralysis state quite a bit, and this has a way of putting your fears front-and-centre. All I can say is, nothing can hurt you. Anything you meet here should be shown pity. If you see something creeping around, try talking to it. Calmly ask it what it's doing. You might get an answer or an unusual reaction.

I remember one evening as a student, I had the house to myself and I was walking around in total darkness just to face it and get over it. Making tea, sitting around, having a sandwich, all in the dark. Later I went to bed and lay on my side to sleep. I found myself in the sleep paralysis state very quickly. I wasn't alone; behind me were two beings, and they were discussing me.

"Terror. They hate terror," said one. I felt them loom over the bed.

"Who are you?" I asked. "Were you ever alive, like me?"

"Shut up!"

"What age were you? What was your nane? I might be able to help you."

"Shut up! You're not supposed to talk!"

"I pity you. This is no way to exist. Wake up!"

They both ran away there and then. The malevolent 'energy' I felt totally disappeared, and I was able to quickly project out on to the roof to look for them. It didn't last long, I woke up after about thirty seconds.

Later that same night, feeling pretty good about my chances of another OBE, I went to bed and laid on my back. In no time, I was in the sleep paralysis stage, and the two beings from before were at my bedside.

"You're back," I said, trying to 'beam' them all the kindness I could muster.

"F-- you!" they shouted. They JUMPED on me, and bounced off through the wall as if from a trampoline! I laughed after them.

After that night I never met any 'threatening' presences at the sleep paralysis stage.

22  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics! / Re: Validation thread! on: February 25, 2012, 12:29:35
Agreed, catmeow. I'm an artist, and I went into this as an attempt to expand my creative abilities after having had just the tiniest taste of what was out there...or in there. It seemed like an awful shame to have a universe of potent creativity bubbling just beneath the surface of my waking mind without dipping a toe into it now and then! On my travels I tried not to judge what I was seeing...if it was generated by the wet sponge in my head, then fantastic! If not, then...fantastic! Either way it's valid and hugely important. Either 99% of the population live their lives without knowing a fraction of the potential inside them, or 99% of the population live in total ignorance of the cosmic setup surrounding them!

On the way though, these little validations kept popping up, pointing to some common reality behind everything. For years I'd had heavy 'false awakening' experiences, where naturally none of the light switches worked. If I'm wandering around an environment of my own creation, why would the lights not work as expected? If I looked carefully I could see a faint red glow in the bulb filaments, but that was all. So I just happened to stumble across an article written by another person who experienced exactly the same thing. And another, and another. Either we all had the same neural circuits in our heads, and those circuits applied the same rules to something invented only about a hundred years earlier...or we were all stumbling about the same environments.

Then the time travel experience happened, seeming so carefully constructed to show me something verifiable (right down to the very specific date), and now my position is 'well...there's something going on there!'
23  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics! / Re: Focus 10: Mind Awake/Body Asleep on: February 24, 2012, 01:55:54
Great article, and it really rings true for me. It's easy to confuse what is described here with sleep paralysis...it certainly sounds similar, but in my experience (of both) this is a much more subtle state, and not associated with a loss of control...it's more like forgetting that there's a body to control in the first place!

Sleep paralysis usually hits me suddenly. If I'm trying for an OBE, sleep paralysis might last one second or sixty seconds before I can pull myself out. I usually don't notice it unless it happens unintentionally and I hit it with a really low 'energy' (in those cases, I generally just focus on wiggling a toe and roll over...) In a successful OBE it's just a "stage"...heavy roaring in my head, the body falls away replaced with weightlessness...and off I go. That's what I think of as a 'traditional' OBE.

What Monroe enthusiasts call 'focus 10' is something I experience regularily just through increased familiarity with my own internal states. From a very young age I've enjoyed just laying down and waiting to see what my brain 'spits up'--gently experiencing them without trying to grasp or direct the images. It's more like 'letting go' while retaining enough of myself to avoid just going to sleep or slipping into dreams. Do that for long enough and there's a fair chance I'll find myself staring through my eyelids at the ceiling, and with a really smooth energy, ready to go.

A good example of one of these 'focus 10' moments: I'm watching images go by when I see a small circular 'snapshot' of a roadside near the beach on the North coast, a place I've been many times. Instead of just moving on, I reached for the image and boom...I was instantly there. It was a sudden and intense embodiment. I was there on the grassy path by the road, between the golf course and a caravan site. I had no doubt--something had changed and I was literally there in that place. I could feel the chill of the wind, saw the grass shift with each gust. It was undoubtedly an OBE (identical intensity, sensations, clarity of mind) without the bodily transition stage--like I'd insta-travelled to an 'address' my brain had shown me.
24  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: astral prijection help questions?!?! on: February 23, 2012, 19:26:54
It's very important not to get lost in thoughts of what you might see or achieve through an OBE--just relax and stay focused on the basic intent. As already stated, the paralysis state is important--focus on getting there first, getting to know the sensations (and facing the fear) of that state.
25  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hi all on: February 23, 2012, 17:27:57
Thanks folks!
Pages: [1] 2