The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 20, 2019, 17:12:56

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Visualization Problems... on: August 09, 2002, 03:35:17
I've read Robert's book, and I've succeeded going into trance a couple of times.  The problem is that I usually wake up to a light trance, and I can't (yet) consciously put myself into Trance.  I have a pretty good feel for quieting my mind, actually, my problem is with creating an internal falling situation.  I used to be able to imagine myself in an elevator gradually going down, but as of recently, everytime I create this scenario I can't help but feel something comparable to the elevator cable snapping and me plummeting with it.  I know that fear is the enemy, but I was hoping I could descend peacefully and slowly, not like this.  Any suggestions?

2  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Search function not working on: August 05, 2002, 06:43:14
The search function right below the logout sign isn't working.  Of course, the other Search on the menu bar works perfectly, so it's almost an aesthetic thing
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Conjurations??? on: May 11, 2002, 04:22:26
Okay, I'm taking the mysticweb.org course, and I wanted to make sure that this isn't made up, because it does seem rather off-beat.  Has anyone tried conjurations, or know them to work?  If so, I meant no disrespect, but they do seem to be fodder for people to mock.

4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / A service to the community? on: May 08, 2002, 02:32:23
Okay, I've been pondering this for some time now... People who happen to be suicidal and have an NDE have a significantly lower chance than those who don't.  These experiences compel them to realize they're part of a bigger thing.  I know, I know, it sounds like a motivational poster, but hopefully you see how true it is.  So, I've been tossing the idea around of starting a school, program, web-site, etc. with the purpose of offering personalized help to suicidal patients in the hopes of giving them hope.  What are your thoughts, as I'm still tossing mine around in my head.

5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Vibrations? on: April 25, 2002, 19:44:21
I will first say I haven't had an OOBE yet, but I am trying.  I have felt exit symptoms extremely similiar to what I have heard, especially in Astral Dynamics.  But this experience leaves me extremely puzzled...  First, I'll list the other variables in the equation.  I'm getting over a throat infection, and though I took no medicine, I thought it might be helpfu to first think of what else could be the problem.  Also, I have missed two days of medication (paxil for depression and adderol for attention), although usually missing the paxil leaves me only irritable and the adderol leaves me tired.  Okay, to my story:
     As said before, I have felt the "vibrations" as popularly described, but am now feeling different vibrations.  I would call them "shocks" for lack of a more user-friendly term.  Though hard to describe, I shall try.  Pretend you have just gotten done with extremely streneous exercise, and you can feel your heartbeat on your scalp, your palms, the roof of your feet, and probably your feet... combine that with a slight shock, similiar to the internal feeling of static electricity... and have the tempo of reoccurance fade from regular heart beat to maybe once or twice in twenty seconds.  That's a good way to describe it.  It does not hurt, it actually is rather interesting as I've never experienced it before.  I had no excercise today, and it started in my right hand at about noon today.  It is now 4:30, and I can still feel it off and on.  Why do I include this on an astral projection forum, you may ask?  I decided to try a rather unstructured projection attempt.  I was just laying around with my girlfriend at home, and since I discuss it more than she can probably stomach, I didn't go through either the deep physical relaxation nor the trance or energy work.  I was laying on my back, and just went into a lucid dream.  Maybe I shouldn't have said I've not had an OOBE yet.  I've had dreams where I know that I am laying down, but for right now I am this character.  I interact as normal, with a small tinge in the back of my mind that I am asleep elsewhere.  So, even though I have not taken control of my dreams yet, I am close.  Yet, I digress.  I feel dreams oncoming when suddenly the "shocks" become stronger.  Much stronger, in fact.  This leads me to believe they were the beginnings of exit symptoms.
     Has anyone had similiar feelings?  Should I seek medical attention?  Should I go to the nearest padded rooms?  I don't know, that's why I have you fine people who have experience in at least the first category.  Thank you for listening to my rather long story.  I await your answer(s).
6  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Your name at Psipog on: January 10, 2003, 02:42:16
Though I rarely post around here, I still look in from time to time.  In case you haven't guessed, I go by spawn968.

7  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Telekinesis on: August 20, 2002, 20:42:35
I know I'm still new here, but I though I'd throw in my two cents.  Contrary to what some people have said on here, I think TK is more like a muscle that needs to be excercised.  Just as a baby cannot lift 200 lbs weights, neither can you start throwing couches just by believing that you can.  Only through continual practice will you gain more strength as well as more control.  That is why most people start off with the pinwheel: It is the easiest way to reduce friction.  The less friction, the easier it is to move.  It would appear that while we're stuck on the physical, we must abide by it's rules.  See Isaac Newton if you want clarification.

8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Visualization Problems... on: August 09, 2002, 10:04:51
Thanks, Frank.  I probably forgot the most important detail.  This is when I'm trying to induce trance.  My descent feels to rapid.  Sorry for the confusion.  Does your advice still hold true?

9  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / strange ability/side effect on: August 09, 2002, 06:50:34
I think you're percieving a psionic construct.  The most common is the infamous "psiball".  Check out http://www.psipog.net/show.php?id=23 .  Hope that helps

10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Try This Trance Method on: August 04, 2002, 08:04:09
I must admit that I know very little about trance.  I do have a question: How does passing out carry you into trance?  I have never passed out (I know, I know, I don't know much about anything, do I Wink ) but it would seem that you lose consciousness and wake up not in trance, but in a normal state of consciousness.  Please illuminate me.

11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / A service to the community? on: May 11, 2002, 03:04:04
sorry, Steveb, I meant to say they have a lower chance of attempting suicide again.  As for Inguma and Tia, thanks for the ideas.  I'd hope to be able to help one-on-one, including e-mail, but I see two problems.  One, I might get an avalanche in e-mails.  This is would be good, as people are taking interest, but if I can't respond in a prompt and timely way, they might think I have no interest, and I don't want them to lose even more hope.  The other, more pronounced problem, is that I have yet to have a consciose exit.  It kind of cuts down on the advice section.  I don't know.  I'd like to, but I have to think about it.
                                                                          Spawn968

Pages: [1]