The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 22, 2018, 17:13:12

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 90
1  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Striking a Balance on: Yesterday at 15:26:22
What that means is different for everyone. Some people (it seems) are meant to live a totally physical life in which they do not ever encounter these paranormal events. Or, if they do they are meant to pass through them with not much more than a nod. Others however are dragged, sometimes kicking and screaming into a world that by all accounts does not seem to be even real and certainly not concrete.

When I first came here as a younger person 16-17 or so years ago, I had a view in mind of projection as a tool to experience a broad new reality beyond my past experiences. While... projection is that thing... over time I really came to appreciate how incredibly important and sublime / singular our current physical experience is, and by being too focused on reality outside of it, we can sort of miss the main event. It is a bit like a person that pulls out a cellphone in the middle of a movie.

Today I don't think those people drawn into the thick of our current reality are missing out. They are having a rich experience that we are all here to have, one way or another.

It is sort of a human thing to want to belong to a privileged group, or to view the groups one belongs to that way. Everyone wants to think that their religion is the final truth, and everyone else is a bunch of schlubs. They know the big conspiracy that all scrubs are fooled by...they figured out the life-hack that has them in the fast lane, etc. I think there are great experiences over in this corner, and equally valuable ones over there where no one has heard of any of this.
2  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: how to die on: September 16, 2018, 00:31:17
Truth is I am done with this world and I want to withdraw myself completely from it for personal reasons and what I am looking for is a way to open myself to the spiritual world. Do you get me??

The problem is, you have may have things reversed. You are looking to escape away from a place, in order to change the way your mind experiences itself. While this is not totally a fruitless pursuit (move from a hectic city to a more secluded place, and you will experience benefits, for instance), the problem is probably more your mental state, and you will bring that with you no matter where you go, most likely. Find a way to cope with the problems of your current place, or find a means for moving elsewhere, absolutely. But you can begin doing the mental work that will help you to better thrive internally wherever  you are.

There is something in particular going on with your situation... I think you need to fill us in a bit more, and we may be able to give more direct advice that will be directly useful to you. If you don't want to share details publicly, feel free to message me or the other moderators.
3  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: how to die on: September 14, 2018, 01:46:11
What exactly are you asking?

Seconded.

Please explain it in a paragraph or two, the combination of words you used leaves too much up to interpretation, it isn't clear what you might mean.
4  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Interesting Experiment on: September 08, 2018, 22:23:53
Maybe in the 70's that grant would go through  cool

Princeton's little deal with the falling foam balls (PEAR) was always a neat little anomaly, but not sure if they ever eliminated all the alternative interference possibilities, like the gravity of people in the room, nearby obects, etc.
5  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Interesting Experiment on: September 06, 2018, 16:00:02
Did it 8 times, got it right 7 times, with two choices ( there is about a 3.5% chance of an outcome that strong or better in 8 trials).

Is it statistically significant? Would have to do it 10,000 odd times and get back to you on that  wink
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Can someone truly blaspheme the Holy Spirit? on: September 02, 2018, 05:36:11
Matthew 12:32
Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

What do yous think of this?

I think you have to put it into its own cultural context to understand it, not our modern society.

In that time and place, the various regional gods are sort of in a turf war. Several religions have a regional god that later gets elevated to god-god (the only, monotheistic god). You can sort of apply the same rules to these gods as you can to druglords... they thrive on respect, awareness of their name and deeds, and fear. The scriptures that deal with them establish a similar relationship between their followers as well. This is an excerpt from the time the concept of Yahweh was drawn in fierce combat with the concept of Babylonian , Assyrian, proto-Persian, etc gods.

Yahweh's first concept was a kind of angelic warrior that fought in the heavenly realm for the Jews against their enemies. As time grew on, he was deemed to have greater and more expansive traits, until the inevitable declaration of omnipotence. Even then, Yahweh continued to be the god of only the Jews, for the Jews and their interest over all others. That should tell you all you need to know.
7  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Stillwater's Dream Journal on: August 26, 2018, 00:33:47
August 24, 2018

I am sort of in a kind of headspace without a setting, where I am worrying about "exams". It is a time in my life where I have 6-8 of them stacked up in a two week period, and they absolutely dominate my life. I am thinking of ways to schedule the studying, essays, and attending the exams themselves, and I am underwater every time... no matter what, even if I schedule the whole two weeks full, I only have time for 60% of what needs to be done. I don't look forward to the pain of overexerting myself to that degree, and for something that brings me no happiness. The perspective shifts a bit, and I am back in a biology class. Incidentally, it is the same biology class as in one of the earliest logged dreams here, but the scene doesn't last long. The instructor is berating the students, and explaining that most people don't really deserve to pass, and won't.

I leave this setting, and walk out into the hall, and I just seem to wander like a loose leaf. I walk for ages down the halls, and look into empty classrooms, and just sort of change direction from time to time, with no real destination. I wander into my old high school calculus teacher, and a couple girls I knew in highschool, one of whom was my best friend. This particular calculus teacher was known even at that time for being an ancient person, so by now he has probably moved on from this life. We walk just outside. It is well past sundown, and an early winter night, so maybe 40 F (5 C) degrees outside. We walk out and sit in a sort of open wooden structure, that is like a gazebo, but with walls, and open windows, dark inside, but with a great view. Out the windows... it is sort of hard to describe what I see exactly... it is like they are vignette landscapes that are illuminated by distant shimmering lights... they are distant and unreachable, but incredibly alluring in the night setting. They are like some kind of ephemoral paradise that can't be attained by simply walking there. We all are seated against a couple walls inside the wooden structure now, and our calculus teacher is telling us about his childhood. It is sometime in the mid 1760's. He tells us all about the people he knew there, and how they behaved and dressed, and about how his head was full of entirely different sorts of thoughts and desires in that place. It is a place lost to him, and there is no way to return, because he has seen too many things since then to be blank enough to experience it in that pure way again.

I interject that the buildings must have been beautiful (what an odd comment to such a profound story, hehe). He said that they were indeed, but then he moved on to "Fort Lauderdale" (which was to say that there they were not). I knew this to be a place in Florida. As I was gazing out the window again, I could see the buildings and towns of ancient Fort Lauderdale out in the distance forming before me. I commented that "they must have all been heavily water-damaged and storm-stricken". He sort of half nodded in affirmation. I sat a little while longer, and just felt the cold on my face. I had enough clothing that it was managable. I stood up, and the two girls were each seated on a bench along one of the walls, both asleep now. I walked over to them and was sort of captivated by how peaceful and at ease they both appeared. I gently felt each of their noses to make sure they weren't suffering any ill effects or damage from the cold (it felt like the way to do that for some reason), and just let them continue to sleep, as I sat back down. A while later, we all went back inside.

After passing through a single hall, we walked through a heavy-looking door. It was wider than a normal door, and required a lot of heft to move. It had a little window in the top middle. After shutting it on the other side, I noticed another of my good friends was waiting on the other side now, so we reopen the door to let her pass. After that, I notice that written on this side of the door is a message in bold white text, that said something to the effect of "Always open this door for others to pass. You have been warned, and next time will be punished". What an odd thing to be written there...

We climb up through a series of stairs and ramps, sometimes through spaces that were school-like, and other times more like a sort of commercial shopping space, like a closed-down mall after hours. One of the girls breaks off to leave and go to her "dorm", wherever that was. My friend and I continue on to the roof level, which is a place I have never been.

It is hard to really describe it, because it seems to have contradictory qualities. It is open to the night sky above at the beginning portion, but later portions are covered by more levels, sort of like a parking garage, where you feel like you are outside in a sense, even though you are fully enclosed. It is mostly quite dark, but it is also full of these various lights and wonders. There is somehow a rollercoaster track that is snaking along through the various spaces, and shortly after noticing it, a cart rattles by at high speed. I turn to my friend and say, "I didn't know you guys had a 'devastor' up here!" (which must have been some special kind of rollercoaster since we both understood the term naturally). We walk a bit deeper. This place feels like it is her domain rather than mine, since this is the area her own dorm is located, and I think that is where we are headed. Out to the right, the there is some sort of magnificent garden embedded in a sunken space, complete with geometric formations and plant-finials reaching up like spires. It echoes the gardens that stretch out over the landscape at the ground level.

We walk a bit further yet, and now we are under one of the upper floor levels I mentioned before. There are some people queued up to enter an elevator, so we wait in line. The line progresses quickly enough, and we enter it. There seem to be about 4 people there already. The elevator door closes, as someone tries to get inside, but it shuts on their sleeve. We push the open button again to free the person, and he waits outside as the elevator closes again. The elevator rises a couple floors, but then just seems to stop, and I get the feeling we are waiting for something. The elevator is quite a bit larger now, and there are more people here than before, maybe 15, but I don't really notice. Everyone's attention is drawn to the one corner, of the elevator, where some folks are engaged in some sex acts, fully derobed. People don't really react with outrage, so much as curiosity, and more people join in, in participation. I look over at my friend and laugh, sort of thinking about how this is awkward and funny at the same time. She seems encouraged, and joins in herself. So I am standing there at this moment, thinking... "well isn't this a situation", when a woman walks up to me and lovingly beckons for me to participate as well, and I am drawn in also. There are folks engaged in every orientation's version of sexual acts, and it feels like a strange expression of community in a way. The intense revelry continues for a few minutes before I ultimately wake up.
8  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Overlap of opinions with Penn Jillette (and other atheists) on: August 21, 2018, 22:49:22
As I dug deeper, I actually realised that those atheists, that I have despised for their pseudoskepticism and that so many people on Astral Pulse are ranting randi-ing about, are actually doing a great job of exposing religion(s) for what they really are: institutions trying to impose their monopoly of truth on others and trying to enslave them in the process. And doesn't Astral Pulse serve the same purpose, among others? To provide people with a hub where narrow-minded religious belief systems are put to question in order to help and free those, who have a dogmatic fear of astral projection?  Yes, sometimes some of these atheists get carried away and attack not only the stupidity of debunked, yet still widely reverred fundamentalism, but also any idea of "supernatural" at all. Yet, even the Devil himself, Richard Dawkins evil ,said in one interview that while not a believer, he is open to other possibilites.

This might not be a popular opinion here, but I think that I have to reassess my misconceptions about some atheists and the the purpose of the movement as a whole, that I have had. They might actually have a lot in common with my opinions.

Any thoughts? smiley

The "New Atheists" (Dawkins, Hitchins, Tyson, Bill Nye Krauss, Harris, etc) do important work in my opinion. Technically most of them are agnostics, but that word doesn't seem to rile people up as much, lol. I feel people should be directed away from "revealed truth" and scripture, and toward a method of thinking the uses reason and evidence as the basis for evaluating statements for truth value. There are some things of value in the old scriptures (especially tucked away in places like the Upanishads, where there is a lot of old information that relates to altered states of consciousness and how to navigate those states by being aware of bodily events), but I think it is better to read them as old texts written by mostly pre-scientific peoples.

Now talking about the angst people seem to feel for folks like Randi... I think an important concept to refer to is an idea called "scientism"; scientism is a religion-like mindset where people take statements that are claimed to be backed by scientific reasoning and accept them without questioning them. It is important to note that the adherence to scientism is grossly unscientific, ironically enough.

An example of scientism is the claim that materialism is the only viable explanation for this universe we are experiencing, and that other alternative theories are not worth thinking about or investigating. This is a profoundly anti-scientific mindset, but nonetheless a majority of the scientific establishment seems to currently hold this position consciously or unconsciously. When people express dissatisfaction with Randi, I think it is concepts like this they have in mind.
9  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: DarkAmbient soundesign out of Detroit on: August 17, 2018, 23:45:19
Looks like a collection of ambient / funk / psychedelic tracks in a soundcloud-type format. I don't see a marketing element. Seems legit enough.
10  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Inspirational Quote of the Week "Knowing is Not Enough..... on: August 15, 2018, 07:24:21
I never enjoyed the christain faith because I found it selfish, save yourself, from what you do not know.

That is sort of all of them, lol.

Judaism: don't tinkle off god, bribe him with a really swanky burnt offering, and he might make you rich

Christianity: do what that book says, and they let you into heaven

Islam: do what the book says, and they let you into heaven

Hinduism: do good deeds and clear yourself of uncontrolled desires, and you can be reborn high enough to break away from the earthly existence

Buddhism: do good deeds and clear yourself of uncontrolled desires, and you can be reborn high enough to break away from the earthly existence (and maybe cease to exist)

Taoism: figure out how things work on your own, by reading some passages that don't make direct sense, then drop out of society

Shintoism: don't tinkle off the spirits

Neoconfucianism: serve the family and the state and you will prosper

11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Your most interesting time difference experience? on: August 15, 2018, 06:10:44
When I was young, maybe 12 years old, I experienced a complete past life of around 30 years, living around the year 1800, there were lot of wagon horses, I had a nice home, family and friends.

That is an interesting account. Do you remember the details? What country was this? What were your relatives like? What sort of belief system did you have? What sorts of food did you eat? How much did you travel? Do you remember the names of places?

Or is it more shrouded in a haze you only half remember?

I had an experience of a non-physical space that seemed to last for some weeks... something like being in a sort of "school" where a number of us were being detained. It was vivid at the time, and right after it happened, but my memory of it is a bit more dim now. I wrote about it here... my account in that thread is probably more complete than my current memory of it.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_projection_experiences/months_long_experience_at_quotthe_schoolquot_postphysical_rest_area-t43572.0.html

I can't believe that was 5 years ago. It felt like it was a year or two back...

12  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Re: Human Evolution on: August 15, 2018, 05:46:39
They interbred with the Neanderthals, because there is a trace of their DNA in people from Europe, but modern humans did not develop from the Neanderthals. Our DNA shows no other traces. So I am inclined to think that someone modified the DNA of our closest prehistoric ancestors because they were not developing as fast. Also, in the last 200 years we may have been given another boost, because we have achieved in these last 200 years a million times more than in the previous 2000 years, not to mention the past 2 million years since the rise of the homo erectus.

Cro Magnon seems to be the primary lineage we descended from. The Neanderthals do seem to factor in, but only at 10-25%. Humans also have curious genes here or there that we seem to share only with pigs. 2% or so of our genome has this overlap. There are some wild theories that chimps somehow bred with boars to produce the hominid lineage that lead to Neanderthals and Cro Magnon (there is one place in Africa where the two species coexist).

13  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Re: Human Evolution on: August 14, 2018, 09:58:08
What is your opinion on the human evolution. Do you believe we have evolve from apes in a natural way - environment and climate changes?

I think the system we are living in now offers sufficient explanation for how all of this happened. I think the standard view of evolution is sufficient to explain the current state of affairs. We evolved through small incremental changes which usually offered a major survival advantage, or else were neutral changes, that nonetheless set the stage for other useful changes later. Each small gain in intelligence made the individual more fit to survive and reproduce in the environment. You can add quite a lot of intelligence before intelligence stops leading to more surviving children (we seem to possibly be at that point now, but it can be argued that it is because the majority is being propped up by the intelligence of the few excellent among us now).

Now I also tend to think that this apparently physical system is embedded in another system, but while I think it was implied by your question, it is outside the scope.

Do you believe the above, but also with alien interference perhaps to change our DNA along the way and give us periodic boosts in intelligence?

I don't think we need alien intervention to explain what we currently have.

Do you believe already "formed" homo sapiense were palced on earth either by God as christianity tends to think or perhaps by aliens?

No, same answer as above to both.

Do you believe our bodies are designed to eat both meat and plants. I have heard many philosophers arguing plant only eating due to some biological body specifications. But sceince studies show that plant only diet lacks some essential nutrients that can only be supplied by animal products.

I have a bias here, since I am a vegetarian.

Looking at the evidence, based on what our nutrient-based needs are, it seems pretty clear that our genetic past expects us to be omnivores. We have adaptations for eating fruit over and above what most animals have, and we have clear needs for animal-based iron and B12.

In the modern age, we can synthesize these compounds, and so no longer have the need to obtain them from animal sources.

My argument is that animals are harmed in the production of animal products, so if we can obtain the same nutrients from artificial sources that don't lead to harming animals, that is the ethical choice.

14  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: If there was no need to eat.... on: August 08, 2018, 03:22:51
The key in this equation is scarcity.

Scarcity of food, of shelter, of safety, space, etc.

In biology, something will always limit the growth of a population. If nothing does, that population will grow until something limits it again. Genetics more or less dictates this will happen. What does an animal look like when it has unlimited food? Its population will grow, until there is no longer enough space for shelter, or space to keep its babies safe, then it will go to war with itself, as individuals fight to secure shelter or safe space for their children to occupy.

I am afraid humans would resemble this.

Also though, I think you are about to see the answer to the question (more as you envisioned it, rather than as a question of scarcity). I think given the surplus of time we now have as humans, we are about to manifest some sort of machine culture. Anyone's guess where that goes!
15  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Inspirational Quote of the Week "You Are Never Too Old..... on: August 07, 2018, 07:57:25
Ole' Staples.

Yeah it's true. Saying "you can't" is the first and lest step to "you won't".

Say what if... and you just might.
16  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Alpha to Theta to AP on: August 02, 2018, 10:17:31
Many studies have shown that a float tank can easily induce theta brainwaves with hypnagogia. Ive also been thinking along the same lines and am gonna check out “floating” this year. On another note, this site was blocked earlier today because the server said it was a cult? Whats up with that?

Ha, are you in the UK? I know a lot of sites like this are getting blocked there. While there may be some loopy folks here, the activity here doesn't show most of the classical cult traits to me.

----------------------

Specialized language and acronyms - Yes
Cuts members off from the outside and their families - No
Shuts down criticism and shames alternative viewpoints -  Mostly No
Is organized around the teachings of a person or a couple people - No
Offers path to salvation - Mostly No
Involves a sexual element - No
Asks members to make sacrifices - No
Asks for money - No
Asks for loyalty - No

----------------------

My quick audit (granted, biased as a mod), is: Mostly Not a cult.
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What's more important: practicing phasing or meditation? on: August 02, 2018, 06:34:45
Correct.  It's broken down by your Liver... hence, it's a POISON for your body.  
When I use something to sweeten or bake with, I use corn sugar which is 100% glucose instead of the 50/50 glucose/fructose which normal sugar is.
The sugar I use, while still sugar and still isn't healthy for you... it's just a bit better for you than regular sugar as your body can fully metabolize it and use it directly as energy which your cells require.  Table sugar has fructose, which is what is killing our species.

It is a hair more complicated.

Glucose is something our bodies want, be it either in pure form, or in the form of complex carbs. It is in fact the preferred food for brain and muscle cells, and those types of cells will eat it over literally any other kind of food, and be super-stressed without it.

Many things are broken down or metabolized by the liver, and this doesn't necessarily mean they are poisons. The liver breaks down fats and sugars, and then makes a complex molecule called glycogen out of them, which it likes to hold on to as an energy reserve, and it will release the simple sugars from as the body needs them. The connection to the liver here is that the liver is the primary organ equipped for dealing with complex molecules as energy sources, so while just about every cell can metabolize glucose (a single monomer sugar), fructose is reserved for the liver. The form of sugar we get in table sugar is 50% glucose and fructose because they are bonded together as a double sugar called sucrose.  

The fact that humans have well-established metabolic pathways for breaking down alcohol (fermented sugar), indicates that humans are genetically intended and expected to eat some measure of fruit in their diets.

The issue with the North American diet is that it contains sugar in quantities and purity our bodies never expected to encounter. We don't have genetic adaptations for dealing with high-fructose corn syrup, because it wasn't in our environment 100,000 years back.

It is sort of like the car runs on gasoline, but you don't want to fill the entire passenger cabin with it.

"Learning to meditate is in some ways analogous to learning how to drive a car. You have to start in an empty parking lot where everything is simple, and there is no pressures on you. Formal practice in stillness, such as sitting meditation, is analogous to the empty parking lot. Over time, however, you internalize the skills of driving and are able to drive on a quiet country road. Formal practice in motion, such as walking meditation, is the quiet country road. Eventually, driving becomes second nature. It requires little thinking or effort. You simply get in the car and driving happens. / At some point, you can attend to the business of life and still be in a meditatitve state just like you can listen to the radio while driving on a freeway at rush hour.

So, as your meditation gets deeper, you're able to achieve more and more profound states of concentration and tranquility. As it gets broader, you are able to maintain those states throughout more and more challenging and complex activities of life."

Av Shinzen Young, från boken The Science of Enlightenment.

Yeah, pretty much exactly this!
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What's more important: practicing phasing or meditation? on: July 30, 2018, 23:49:14
Sugar has an effect on general mood and mental state. It gets used up quickly, so as soon as your body is done metabolizing it, you get a bit drowsy as your body is switching to a new source of energy, esp if it is a fat source.

Your body prioritizes it above all other kinds of fuels, so this will pretty much always happen if you eat a lot of sugar at once.
19  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Alpha to Theta to AP on: July 29, 2018, 02:18:10
Yeah Theta / high Delta definitely is where it happens.

I think you may be trivializing actually reaching that state reliably though. The only time we reach that state in our lives is while we are asleep, more or less. If you wake up after 4-6 hours of sleep, you can slip into Theta as your body is trying to put you back to sleep, yet bring your conscious mind along with you. That is the only way I know of to reliably do it.

There are all sorts of aids, like Binaurals and Isochronics which try to get you into alternate brain wave frequencies. The ones for Alpha, Beta, and Gamma can be quite effective if you are open to them. Delta and Theta seem to be a lot less effective for almost everyone. At best they might help you get to sleep.

The state I mentioned after some sleep seems very special for this practice. Success chance is multiplied by x10 trying that situation over any other.
20  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What's more important: practicing phasing or meditation? on: July 27, 2018, 08:24:42
For whatever reason, I had that experience, lol. I was only ever able to run about 3-4 minutes at once, no matter what, for about 2 years, after 4, hour long sessions a week. Maybe it was exercise induced asthma, not sure, but I would be in severe anoxia by that point. Maybe I powered through it, it seemed to get easier by degrees.
21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What's more important: practicing phasing or meditation? on: July 27, 2018, 07:29:58
I think the majority of the benefits would come from semi-frequent short sessions (so 50 minutes a few times a week). After a while, you don't even really need to do it that much anymore... it is like a framework of thinking that gets integrated into your normal everyday thought loop, although I still enjoy it from time to time.

If you are after spending more time to have a new experience, the next big jump is 3 hour sessions... but that is sort of something a mystic would be doing. The benefits of doing that are a lot less clear and immediate. You do get a sort of new level, such as experiences where you fall into very deep altered states where you can come into introspective contact with any number of things rolling around in your mind. For most people it is probably more of a novelty experience, whereas the short session benefits are immediate by comparison.

I know what you mean about piano practice... in that case it is something like your head internalizing what you have learned the next night / coming to the next session with a fresh mental state. To me a closer analogy might be running. You don't really start running all at once... you do it by degrees, and your body has to do a lot of repairing and building... integrating the meditative mindset into your life takes about as long, even down to the session lengths that feel appropriate at each stage.
22  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What's more important: practicing phasing or meditation? on: July 25, 2018, 10:16:53
Sure, whatever boats your float!  cheesy
23  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What's more important: practicing phasing or meditation? on: July 25, 2018, 06:26:12
I suppose it is more about what your life goals are.

Meditation's benefits are slow and come over months and years, but I think it is the winner of the two practices. Its benefits are the most tangible, and likely to positively impact your life. I think if you never practiced projection, and only meditation, you are about 90% as well off as someone skilled at both.

Projection is neutral in terms of life impact to me. It is what you make it to be. Meditation is pure benefit ultimately. It can help you to better enjoy existence, grow less impulsive, be connected to the moment... there are few things I enjoy so much as just lying on my back and falling into a gentle trance. It feels like a friend who is always close at hand.
24  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Stillwater's Dream Journal on: July 25, 2018, 02:29:22
July 23, 2018:

I am sitting with some sort of old historian type. He is giving a long private talk about the history of some ancient weapons. The major point of interest is that the weapons of the distant past are still immediately near to us. They were the fruits of history's ultimate victors, and were everything short of indestructible. He is now describing the last of these... a series of attack ships which were the focal hubs of these ancient weapons. After going through a list of the final 8, and showing holographic images of that lot, he introduces the showstoppers: two hovering attack ships, roughly 200 feet long, impervious to anything that could be done to them by humans, and a platform to around two dozen weapons systems.

The discussion takes an immediate departure at this point. He explains that not only are they still with us, but he personally commands them, and owns the controls. He asks my help to fulfill his mission. He tells me that "these two ships can 'end the war' in a single day". Somehow I am onboard without a single question asked.

About an hour later, the ships are arriving from the sky. I am told that they were living deep underground for eons. I climb into the small cockpit of one (relative to the immense size of the ship), and am handed a small trinket. I am told that this object is the control interface.

The "historian" prepares to climb aboard the other ship, and tells me to only use a small fraction of what the ship is capable of, as this will be more than enough. As the cockpit closes, I realize that the control interface is some sort of neurological link. In my mind's eye, I see sense readouts of the ship's major systems and status points. I also have a god's eye perspective of the ship and surroundings. I see the ship from inside and from a point in the air far off. I see visions of places far away on the ground, and the stirrings of military vehicles in far off places. I see all of this at once, but my focus shifts from one set of data to another fluidly. I can immediately feel a series of weapon systems I am now in contact with, and grasp their capabilities. Some of these are integrated into the ship itself... air to air defensive weapons, and ground attack options, and some are in distant locations, such as orbital platforms.

We have been in the air for a few moments, and the historian tells me that we are nearing our targets. I protest sharply, remarking that we haven't even really left home... these are our own people. His response is, "Our people, theirs, it doesn't matter. There are no good guys in a war." I protest further, asking how we are going to win by sabotaging our own side. He simply retorts that winning isn't about strength so much as perception.

We begin our attacks. The historian is far away now, and I am flying at 10,000 feet above a sort of fairground on the outskirts of a small city. I fire pulses of energy from the ship at the fairground, and get distant visions of some carnival structures collapsing, and a parking lot where some cars are exploding, and I think I may just see little people running away in horror. I continue bombarding the ground below, hitting roads and buildings, seeing massive fires billow out smoke. Nearing the city center, I fire out broad bolts of energy, which pierce through entire blocks of buildings and bore deep into the ground. This continues for about 10 minutes, and I conclude by calling upon an orbital system to fire an immense beam into the heart of the city. half of the city is destroyed in an instant, as waves of energy cascade from the point of contact on the ground, and I see a molten hole 30 meters wide, which has bored straight into the earth.

The carnage continues on for hours, as we employ these systems against a dozen other cities. I see wings of fighters (F18s and F22s, or something similar) out hundreds of miles away, but nothing ever gets close, because I fire out seeker charges from the ship, which find these distant pursuers in an instant, and I watch them fizzle out a moment later. The same for ground-based defenses. As the sun is setting, we are preparing to retire these weapons. We land on a distant shore, disembark, and the ships fly off on their own back into the sky.

I walk back home for hours in the dark, walking through woods, fields, and along roads. It is quite a long journey back home. I finally get home the next day, and there is a feeling of horrible tension in the air. Everyone is glued to news programs which details reel upon reel of shots from the ground of the past day's events. 200,000 civilian and military dead. Endless shots of horrors upon horrors  and misery in high definition. Two unknown craft are featured at the center of everything. I suddenly feel a wave of immense guilt, as somehow I hadn't pictured everything as it really had been. Somehow there is no mention of me or the historian anywhere in the newscasts, and I am not about to disabuse anyone of any ignorances. The war is over. Both sides have vowed to unite against the threat of the unknown alien forces. Maybe it was worth it afterall?

I walk back to my bedroom, and find my shoes. Oddly, they are changed. They were previously a red fabric and rubber combination, but all of the red fabric has been replaced by a transparent plastic material. I have this feeling that someone has "taken" the fabric from the shoes in small retribution. I don't know fully how to take this, but shoes, and things happening to my shoes has been an ongoing theme for the past couple years in my dreams. Several other references to this trend appear in the other dream posts in this thread.

I vow to take the controls to the weapon ship, and hide them someplace far away no one will ever find them. I take them in a small satchel bag with me on a trip across the countryside. It is something like the forests and fields of Belgium. I feel like an exile from my own culture, but the natural world welcomes me. I wander over  field and fens. I swim across gentle streams, and feel the water embrace me, like a friend. An hour later, I am swimming through a sedate marsh, as the sun is drawing low again. I dive down into the water and plant the controls under some rocks there. The feeling of finality there somehow causes the dream to conclude and I wake up. 

25  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: June 22, 2018, 03:30:18
I was really up for being cut with the knife. It's a shame it ended where it did...and that makes me wonder once again if I was deliberately thrown out because I'm not doing something I'm supposed to be doing. Or maybe I passed the test because I 'saved' art man. Who knows.

lol... sounds like you like it rough  cheesy

If I had to guess... I think art guy in some way represents you to some degree. You had useful immediate descriptors for the kind of portfolio case he was carrying, which probably means you could have seen yourself carrying it, and therefore that you probably identify with that character. The way you behaved when you intervened represents how you would want to be supported by others / how you would want to believe you would behave?

You on the phone sounds like your base personality.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 90