The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 23, 2014, 05:35:45

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 76
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Are we Gods?? on: November 20, 2014, 02:32:50
Yes and no. If everyone is a god... then isn't no one a god?

For a simpler, easier to follow example...

Say you take a feudal, European monarchy, and now declare that everyone is a king. Everyone gets to wear a crown (but not everyone can afford a golden crown, so some people can make theirs out of wood or such). Everyone is in charge, but they can't really make others do what they want, because all the subjects are kings now too. Everyone gets to live in the castle. Are these kings like the king that they had previously? Not really... some things are defined by exclusion.

So if everyone is a god, then being a god means something different than it meant before. The very fact of it being a universal trait means it lost its original definition.

Most meanings of the word that stem from the Greek idea center around the god being the apex of a certain ideal. There are none better than this being at what they excel at. They are the measuring stick against which all others must be compared.

It is another language issue again I think.
2  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Going on a spiritual quest... on: November 16, 2014, 23:26:45
Buddhism also has a lot to say about fasting. The origin story of Buddhism, the story of Siddhartha, relates how he was once a samana, and sought to purify himself through extreme fasting. The way the story is usually told is that he ate a grain of rice a day, lol. Anyhow, the thing that snapped him out of that lifestyle was that he was said to have heard a musician tuning their stringed instrument, and he remarked how when it was too loose, it was useless, and when it was too tight it snapped. This metaphor is used to illustrate one of the principle doctrines in Buddhism, which is the concept of the "Middle Way"; essentially Siddhartha decided he needed to live his life like the string. He needed enough self control that his mind and actions were focused, and without waste. But a person still needs basic sustenance he reasoned, so for this reason Buddhism does not promote the intense fasting some forms of Hindu mysticism do.

I tend to agree with this perspective myself.
3  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Going on a spiritual quest... on: November 16, 2014, 13:41:49
I would just say be sure you have the proper provisions for the area you are camping. No use going on a spiritual journey if you run into problems that cut you short!

It is your own personal choice... but for me, if I felt better, or had a boost when I wasn't using substances like cigarettes or alcohol, I would just leave them behind and not look back!

About the negative attacks... pretend they don't exist, and tell yourself you have more power over yourself than anyone else, and I think you will find they will play a progressively lesser role in your life overtime, until you don't even experience them at all; I don't think it matters if they are actually happening or not. The result will be the same regardless most likely.

Goodluck this time, and I hope the time is meaningful to you!
4  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Spiritual Messages in Popular Music on: November 16, 2014, 13:30:54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE-mxVxFXLg

"I don't think you have a very good voice, but you're a singer. How do you do that?"

"The better the singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying, so I use my faults to my advantage."

Always loved that.

Sometimes, you just gotta dance with a lamp, because it's the right thing to do.
5  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hey, Everyone on: November 16, 2014, 00:48:32
I spent some time in Budapest, and the surrounding country side. I loved meeting the wonderful people in Hungary. They were very real in a way westerners rarely are.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you find it useful!
6  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Spiritual Messages in Popular Music on: November 15, 2014, 19:03:28
The male Kate Bush, lol... I really do wonder who that would really be.

It is hard to get in just one artist... Peter Gabriel is part of it (it was a great duo btw, wish they did more)... but then so is David Bowie.  Maybe the Tears for Fears duo is another part, and Sting yet another. Maybe the final fragment of the male Kate Bush soul was given to David Byrne of the Talking heads.
7  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Dream about mothers getting injected with babies on: November 15, 2014, 12:03:18
Someone should take those aliens to a sex-ed class.
8  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Societal Intent on: November 15, 2014, 12:01:43
With respect to the idea in the Star about allowing or disallowing commenting on the stories, unfortunately I would have to say they should allow it everytime. Having the voices of your peers pointing out the inaccuracies, obfuscations, and slant of an online piece, or at least engage in enough back and forth that the sides' biases are clear, is worth more to society than social niceties. Granted, it would be good if this were possible in a more polite venue, but to me, having a better angle on the truth as my fellows see it trumps a pleasant reading experience any day of the week.

I am definitely with you on the question of intent, it is very clear to me too. A person's intent is the thing they have the greatest control over in any situation. Removed from a physical context, it is probably the only component of our actions that remains. In Buddhism, there is an 8-part checklist for promoting a person's ethical and mindful behavior. Intent is number 2 on that list, which should tell you something.
9  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Spiritual Messages in Popular Music on: November 15, 2014, 10:59:39
SW...Kate Bush; the eclectic princess...first song I remember was SNL or Fridays: Rolling the Ball

Hehe... I think you mean "Them Heavy People", from her first album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ceRq57SsaM

That song, of all things, was partially about projection actually.

Always loved Peter Gabriel too...

Never listened to many of Robert Fripp's solo works, but King Krimson has some brilliant songs... Exiles... Islands and the Formentera lady... the entierty of "In the Court of the Krimson King" really...

They were a brilliant band until they got on that on that strange hard electric guitar fest in the 80's...

Kate Bush also cited King Krimson of all things as an influence as well, lmao.

I am surprised I had never heard Sheila Chandra.
10  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Ecstasy of Saint Teresa, or how I came to experience Primal Union with Creation on: November 14, 2014, 17:38:08
Oh hey, a Stookie  cheesy

what have you been up to of late?
11  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Ecstasy of Saint Teresa, or how I came to experience Primal Union with Creation on: November 14, 2014, 14:31:31
Yes, it was amazing to me too to learn that we have mechanisms for directly interfacing with the greater reality in the form we now are, and in a very immediate and powerful way. And afterward, you feel powerful yourself. There was so much vitality added, and there is still is. It just sort of flows up your back.

I would like others to experience it. It really adds to your life considerably.

I am curious about what you mean when you say Kundalini exercises. I have heard people say this in many contexts, to mean many things. What sort of exercises are you pursuing, if you don't mind me asking?

If it is how I think it is, I don't think it is like something you build up, and one day you are "good enough" that it happens. I think it is sort of like exit techniques in projection... you don't spend your time doing them all day long... you wait for the moment that your are primed for it, and you can do it effortlessly. It is like a combination of state of mind and physiological states...
12  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Re: Can provide forum help on: November 11, 2014, 17:24:28
Thanks for being open mind!

Well, the problem are the descriptions. After i entered the sections i saw that there were random topics in sections that probably don't belong there and it made it more confusing.
But maybe i need some better understanding about the sections, either this or some topics need to get moved to their proper place so it won't cause confusion for new members.

1. What is the difference the sections: "Out of Body Experiences!'' and: "Astral Projection Experiences!"?  Since it seems that there are both focused on experiences while you are not in your physical body.

Yeah, that is poorly worded, now that I look at it.

The "Out of body experiences" section is for general discussion about the subject itself. The "Astral projection experiences" section is actually about recounting specific experiences. You can get this clarification if you compare the topic descriptions attached to each. The confusing thing is that the word "experience" is used in two different senses in each heading: in the first case, it is used as part of a common three-word construction to describe the entire field. It is unfortunately the same word used in the section heading just below, where the construction is merely two words ("Astral projection"), that are used as an adjective phrase to modify "experiences", where the section is specifically about experiences themselves.

It seems like an arcane distinction now that I look closely at it, I agree. Eventually everyone seems to get it, but you are right in that it could be better phrased. Maybe Adrian can change it, but he might not consider it high priority  rolleyes
13  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Spiritual Messages in Popular Music on: November 10, 2014, 21:01:50
She can definitely bring a person to some crazy places if you are willing to follow her there. I think that is the power of a lot of musicians... they can dissolve your reality, and put a new one in its place.

The same walls, the same trees... but now they are alive, and now they talk back.

There is an animating force which musicians and painters and a few other people know about... and they have found a way to pull others into their world with them.
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: How real do AP's feel? on: November 09, 2014, 20:21:16
Both and everywhere in between. The sort of gold standard for this is to have awareness which is as clear as your waking life, or better, and that is very achievable, but that doesn't mean experiences with less clarity are not projections.
15  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Re: Can provide forum help on: November 09, 2014, 20:19:11
Welcome!

The forum subsections themselves do have descriptions attached to them which describe concisely what each is for. There are also stickies in each which contain information people have felt is useful enough to stick around (primarily tutorials).

Do you have specific questions (for instance, I would like to post a question about astral couches, or I want to tell people my cat is an alien, etc)?

Suggestions are of course welcome, but I would just like a better idea of your problem, if that is alright!
16  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: black magic possession and attacks on: November 09, 2014, 18:29:54
Welcome to the Pulse.

I am incredibly sorry to hear about your troubles with the medication, and the harm it is has caused you. I am also sorry to hear that your experiences are leaving you ill at ease.

What I would say about the brain injury, is that brains are a remarkable thing; when there is damage, even though the damage is to a part of the brain expressly intended for a certain purpose, other parts of the brain will often take over these functions, and perform them just as well. This effect is known as neural plasticity. Sometimes the functions come back on their own as other parts of the brain re-adapt, and sometimes certain therapies can help a person develop them elsewhere. You are not broken beyond help or repair, and you are and will be every bit of the person you were before- the same person who made the art earlier.

As for the black magicians accosting you... I can't claim to know what they are. I tend to agree with Blue in thinking they are likely your own thought-forms tormenting you, but in some way it doesn't matter if they are or aren't. From your question and your work, I gather that you are familiar with the lore of magic. If so, you probably know how powerful human wills are.

I can say with pretty much certainty that no one is powerful enough to harm you in this way against your own will. Simply saying no to it, and refusing to go along with external forces that wish you badly is far more powerful a force in your life than they could be.

Controlling others is mostly about allowing them to feel powerless to resist. You are not powerless in truth. You can choose to be unaffected. No one of us can help you as much as you can help yourself!
17  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Having a Bad Day? on: November 09, 2014, 16:41:32
Very much so. As an example, may I submit First World bad day and Third World bad day. All about perspective and relative to expectations and assumptions.

Indeed. And third world good day and first world good day might be very similar in how they are experienced (third world good day might even be substantially better), even though first world good day might take substantially more resources to happen for some people.

The human system is actually very simple. It really doesn't take much to push our buttons in a good way.

If you are able to have third world good days, yet live in the first world, you are truly lucky I feel. You might as well be living in Amitabha's paradise!
18  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Death Bed Confession From Area 51 Scientist on: November 09, 2014, 14:01:46
Yes, and they may also be a sort of psychological archetype to an extent. Terrence Mckenna was famous for discussing the interactions with what he termed "machine elves"- these sometimes humanoid, sometimes whirling geometric forms that resemble the narrative of such beings. Maybe Mckenna was interacting with trans-dimensional beings. Maybe he was interacting with a part of his own psyche he was able to access through his DMT use, and which is common to humans.

These depictions are definitely a part of the human experience, for reasons not entirely known.
19  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Death Bed Confession From Area 51 Scientist on: November 08, 2014, 22:34:54
While I have to admit the alien photos closely resemble that rubber doll in all but a few details (maybe the photo depicts a slightly different model of the same line), it does get you wondering what motivation people have to commit a hoax as their last public act before dying. Perhaps some of these "deathbed confessions" are done by people posing as dying individuals, but then, these people are still 75 and 80 years old. What business or desire does an old man of that age have fooling people... while there are some people that just never learn, it does make you think.

It gets hard to dismiss all of these accounts, even if there are a steady stream of obvious hoaxes.

Thanks for posting, Light!
20  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Spiritual Messages in Popular Music on: November 08, 2014, 17:56:04

Brilliant video.
21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: New ideas on energy. Thoughts? on: November 07, 2014, 11:54:04
Well I don't quite believe what the article says. The support is non existant.

Unfortunately I have to agree. This person is exclaiming this stuff quite exuberantly, without a concern to explaining it or justifying the claim with data.

Which is not to say that humans haven't managed feats like this, or even more miraculous at times-- potentially at least. But the speaker is giving a clarion call for all to practice this, and I can't see it being anywhere near that simple, if it works at all.
22  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: Interesting self discovery....harmful? on: November 07, 2014, 11:15:07
So I found out that I believe I was experiencing Kundalini. It got to the point where I pulled as much energy from my crown into pretty much every fiber of my physical body that I could think of. Towards the end I could actually feel something "moving me". I felt like a puppet on strings if I went limp and complied with the energy that was tugging at my head. Needless to say I was very surprised. Its been more than an hour and I'm still grounding down energy. Probably was rather foolish to try to attempt or control something I didn't completely understand. Luckily I have a level head so I didn't become overwhelmed from the energy I was feeling.

I had to put up with it most of the day and didn't find out what it was until near the end of it. So it was quite an ordeal...no doubt when I come "completely down" I'm probably going to feel exhausted. Foolish as it was... at least I have an idea where to put boundaries.

I would say be careful about categorizing what happened to you. Kundalini is a concept that has been hijacked by pretty much everyone these days, and there is no way to separate the mythology and mis-information from what might be genuine material. You have to to take your own experiences for the individual character they possess, and try not to fit then into theories which others describe. I know how powerful these experiences can be though... I have had a few throughout life, and one very strong one recently I am still learning from. I can relate to the puppet feeling... forces like these can overload a person and take away their motor control.

I also very much relate to the thought that this can be harmful. It is so alarming, and has such force, it demands respect. Honestly, I would want to assure you that there is no danger, but I am not certain of that myself.

From being in a potentially similar experience, I might say take it slowly and learn from what you have been shown, and don't push anything. But we are sort of on our own with this stuff. You have to judge what is safe for you, and not put yourself outside of that sphere.

As Blue has said, I think these experiences can put a person in touch with greater realities and forces, that can show you all sorts of wonderful things, and change your outlook on existence.

Be safe, and I wish you well with this!
23  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Man is to be eaen alive by a anaconada on: November 07, 2014, 08:40:53
Poor anaconda.
24  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Having a Bad Day? on: November 06, 2014, 03:10:09
It comes down to how much control the individual has over their reality and their experiences. I think it can be argued that many people have a very high degree of control, greater than 80% even over their mental states, but in order not to have some days that are "worse" than others, they would need control over the full human condition, which no one I have ever met has achieved. There are just things that can happen to a person that are beyond their control, and beyond the ability of even a heavily developed individual to cope with I think.

But it also depends on what is meant by "Bad day". Is a bad day a day where nothing is learned? Is it a day where there are more terrible experiences than good ones? Is it a day where everything is outside of the person's control?

I have heard some argue that the sensations we experience as negative can be experienced as positives if we change our attitude toward them; in my opinion though, this thesis actually calls into question the basis of ethics then, because normally we reason inductively that if pleasant experiences are good for us as individuals, it is probably good for others to have pleasant experiences as opposed to traumatic ones, and we align our actions toward others to facilitate this. If what are normally thought of as negative experiences are just as desirable to have, then we potentially have no basis for treating others well, outside of self-interest.
25  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Trying to understand my experience on: November 05, 2014, 10:19:48
Trying to ground the best I can but Im not sure what else to do.

This is probably the best bet if you are uncomfortable with it, and it is disrupting your normal day.

Eat some heavy foods. Spend some time outside during the day. Lay on your side at night, rather than your back. Pay more attention to bodily sensations than mental sensations.

Trust me, I have been in my fair share of prolonged altered states. It can be wonderful, but it can also take you out of sync with your normal reality, and get you into trouble with your life routines, unfortunately.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 76