The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 01, 2014, 15:14:39

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 73
1  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / Re: Tom Campbell's theory of "rendering" on: September 25, 2014, 16:17:03
therefore not the real reality per se?

That physical reality isn't what is perceived to be (namely, the base, ground reality, which doesn't depend on other realities for its existence), doesn't mean it isn't real... just not what it is made out to be.

In the (probably a bit too cryptic) music example, I am expressing the concept that there is no medium on which music is impressed, and no void (which is itself in some ways a thing- a space where nothing resides, but could) it occupies. Sure, soundwaves propagate as wave pulses on matter, but that isn't what music is, that is what sound is. Music is the experience humans have, as prompted by that sound. If you have a room full of crabs, and play for them a CD of "Bach's greatest hits", there is no music there.  The crabs can't integrate it into experience that is meaningful to them. Yet there can be music in your head, when no sound is playing- that should tell you what music is. Applying this analogy to physical reality, which we are supposing to be simulated, lines of code depicting empty and unexperienced space is truly nothing in our frame of reference. It is less than a void. Perhaps it has existence in the mind of the consciousness that animates the simulation by setting the code in motion, but that is the only place it could have reality.

Un-experienced space is Bach for Crabs. That is the Zen you should take away, lol.
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: create your own videogame level in the astral? on: September 22, 2014, 23:24:29
ummmm ok. ?!?!?!???!!?Huh

Ok, maybe I can rephrase it... how do you know that what you are asking to do- to construct a video game environment to experience- isn't precisely what is happening to you now?

And I don't mean that in the "conspiracy Keanu" way, but in the deadly serious way  wink
3  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / Re: Tom Campbell's theory of "rendering" on: September 18, 2014, 21:00:22
I think Tom's position is likely to be correct. Supposing as I do that consciousness is the only thing that exists, and physical worlds are a sort of software simulation whose outputs are sense-data like sights and smells, it only makes sense that places that have no experiencer thus have no existence outside of a background part of the simulation's code. The metaphor of computer games he harps on does have a very close relationship with the way things seem to be.

Consider it like music... is there music in a piano while it is laying still? It is only while the keys are played and the mechanisms are in good order that there is any music. There exists no "music space", or "potential music"- it only happens where there is the event of playing and a listener. So too with this reality stuff. The space of the physical world unoccupied is at best a few strings of code in the simulation that has no expression and thus no physical existence, because its only physical expression is in the form of sense data, which in that moment is denied.
4  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Untruths on: September 13, 2014, 00:34:41
Lots of reasons.

One is fear... fear of many kinds... fear of losing something or someone, fear of retribution, fear of what others would think of them if they told an uncomfortable truth, fear of something in their life changing, etc.

Another is to use words as a weapon- to deceive an enemy, to harm someone emotionally, to acquire something unearned, as a tool of war, etc.

Another is as a means for acquiring resources of many kinds, such as human affection, or physical materials.

I think it is important to recognize that the natural world we live in favors lies and appearances over truth. There is usually strong motive to hide weaknesses, to confuse attackers, to feign strengths, to hide resources, etc. in the animal world. Humans inhabit that world, and are evolved from the same material. The base condition of nature is deception- it is in our genes. Children quickly learn to lie without being taught for many of the above reasons, and it is only through exposure to human culture they learn to do otherwise. We form implistic social agreements to be truthful to those close to us, but those agreements do go against nature to some extent at times.

So a short answer is the person you know is operating on their basic natural state, and cultivations you expected to be there are in fact not, or in slightly smaller amounts. You will find this is true of almost everyone. I think you may take slightly less offense when you realize it is in their direct nature to lie, but clearly a long conversation is still needed with them.

I wish you both well! If you wanted to speak through the issue any further with any of us, feel free to PM!
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: DMT on: September 04, 2014, 22:23:00
Most hallucinogens, including Ayahuasca actually, make people sick. While Ayahuasca under the supervision of experienced practitioners is one of the safest paths with this stuff, it still has its costs too. Many people will empty their stomachs, and because you are ingesting plants which aren't really food, there is still the chance of allergic reactions.

Note this statement is not encouragement to keep doing the frog thing, lol, but rather a warning that none of this is without costs or risks.
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: So I've started writing a book this afternoon! on: September 04, 2014, 11:22:14
The fiction angle might actually be a good one actually. Many people would engage with much greater ease with a captivating story with metaphysical elements than a potentially dry tract on parapsychology research and dozens of anecdotal accounts.

In fact, now that I consider it, Monroe's books were written as a narrative that just happened to be mostly true-to-life but didn't need to be, and I think that is a large part of his success.

Perhaps it might also help if you wrote in French; although the overwhelming demand is in English literature, you might actually be responding to an under-served audience, and I am sure you would do it with less linguistic hurdles.
7  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: sealing question on: September 04, 2014, 08:11:22
I don't think Xanth's original question has been answered yet though, lol. What do you mean by this sealing business?
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: So I've started writing a book this afternoon! on: September 04, 2014, 06:06:12
Everything begins with the Source.
Some call it God.
But I donít like giving a physical appearance to something so enlightened.
The Universe is forever changing as you are reading this book.
The Source is the origin of all consciousness.

I think this is something many people here would agree with you on. One thing that really jumps out to me though about this writing style is that it takes the form of a proclamation. It is written in the same way as most scripture in that respect; ie.: "This is is how things are, and you better accept it because it's true". For this reason I don't think many people would be interested in reading statements like that unless they already believed them. I think it might be better to structure things as a case or an argument you are building; present your sources for these beliefs you have, present the research, evidence, and personal experiences, etc., and use them to support what you are telling the reader. If I read the above, even being as immersed in this field as I am, I would be highly turned off, because I would expect a work of faith and belief to follow. I understand this is only an introduction, and you intend to support your material as you get deeper in, but you should note that what you say in that introduction will set the tone for the rest of what follows. For that reason, I would recommend not starting at the beginning, but in the middle. Write the body chapters, and only after they are mostly complete, then go back and write your conclusion material, and the introduction that will acquaint the reader with what that conclusion will be and how you hope to support it.

Note also that this field is super-saturated with books. As Blue pointed out, you need to say something new and noteworthy, or you may have trouble standing out from the many competent predecessors, like Monroe, Tart, and Campbell that have literal lifetimes of research experience in this area.

Hope that helps, and good luck in the writing!
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: At what level of sleep is the easiest to leave your body? Alpha? Beta? Theta? on: September 03, 2014, 09:55:23
Hovering around the Theta-Delta border. Delta is usually too deep and doesn't involve much of the conscious mind. I haven't seen research on it (not that it doesn't exist), but I am fairly sure a projector will look mostly theta-ish in brain frequencies. Theta is where dreams happen, and a person's brain in a projection state is in a similar gear.

Is it true that a person can leave his/her body at the border between awake and asleep? Can you be at the border while watching TV?

Yes, but far from an ideal method to attempt to reach the state on your own. It would have happened by accident, due to exhaustion, which is also not conducive to projections.

Can you be at the border while reading a book?

Yes, but same answer applies here. I don't know of anyone here who can do it in that circumstance, and I know for me it would be impossible.
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: healing projection with the sun? on: September 02, 2014, 11:58:15
I might not be the person to answer this, because I don't view projection to be an activity that drains an "energy tank"  in our bodies which determines our time-limit (fortunately or unfortunately, a person's attainments in this field don't reflect their effort or cultivations that particuarlly well), but out of curiosity, what is the reasoning here? Definitely not discounting any possibility of things of which I know not, but why is the sun your theoretical target? Take me a bit deeper into the rabbit hole you are down.
11  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Yesterday? on: September 02, 2014, 10:00:31
I count myself fairly closely with the others. I call yesterday what happened before the people around me awoke from their sleep. Unless I haven't slept in a while myself, then I forget and start to call the time before I myself slept yesterday. If I am speaking with people from far away places, such as now, the concept of yesterday ceases to have meaning, and I speak of calender dates instead.

I think we are suffering some sort of Zen Ko'an here, lol.

What do you call yesterday Xanth, and why?
12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Eyes twitching on: August 25, 2014, 19:16:24
Could be entirely unrelated, but how long is your hair, and where does it lie? I say this because at times my medium-length hair can brush into the region of my eye-lash, and cause an irritated twitch if I don't notice it happening. It sounds plausible that something similar may happen to you. But then there are many other possibilities too.
13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: DMT on: August 23, 2014, 08:49:18
4 ceremonies in 2 weeks... that sounds a bit intense for a person with no prior experience more than likely, considering how intense one experience may be under the right conditions.
14  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Robin Williams RIP on: August 19, 2014, 20:30:33
Some have called him a coward for taking his own life,

There are statements that he was likely on prescription "selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor" (SSRI drugs). Those types of substances can trigger some radically impulsive episodes in people, and are often noted for causing depressed, non-suicidal people to convert into depressed, suicidal people. When you take a catalogue of all the recent mass-shooters and suicides, a startling percentage have SSRI's somewhere in the mix. Not saying he bore no-responsibility, but those substances can really throw a person a nasty curveball more often than not.

(Note, this is not medical advice to anyone, just my feeling on that class of drugs).
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: How long do OBE's last? on: August 16, 2014, 03:31:11
I see you were able to login  wink

Pretty damn variable actually. Most of my recent experiences have been extended from lucid dreams, as I am going to bed exhausted and need the sleep. Typical ones will last maybe 10-20 minutes. But they can get MUCH longer. There seems to come a time when the perception of how long has passed in the experience doesn't match up with how much time passed in the physical world. I have had experiences that seem to last literal weeks. One that I had this year found me in a sort of "school" environment, wondering if I had become trapped there, or if I was perhaps actually dead. Usually you can get back if you want... but it is a big world out there, and lots of things happen out of the norm.
16  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Robin Williams RIP on: August 13, 2014, 04:19:21
The world is slowly becoming a darker place.

Maybe he doesn't fit in here anymore.
17  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: seriously... on: August 10, 2014, 15:55:16
You seem to have quite the chip your shoulder. Could you explain why?

^^^
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Underwater Alien Base Near Saipan, April 28, 2014, UFO Sighting News. on: August 10, 2014, 03:40:20
Unfortunately /or fortunately there is no galaxy

That's interesting, I don't think I have heard that one yet.

Would you care to explain why you say this? It is sort of a big claim to make in matter-of-factly way without going any further, afterall.

Do you feel there is an earth? I mean that quite seriously.
19  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Underwater Alien Base Near Saipan, April 28, 2014, UFO Sighting News. on: August 09, 2014, 17:55:55
UFO's are not Aliens or smth, UFOs are Ex-Humans - Gods of the past, ei - Vishnu, Shiva, Zeus, etc.

I think it is a little difficult to say that with such final authority. This world is a pretty big place, and may admit of several kinds of life or beings interacting with this world. They don't just have to be one thing... It is entirely possible that humans have been engaging with extra-dimensional beings as well as beings inhabiting physical space in our galaxy with us.
20  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Anyone familar with Buddism? on: August 05, 2014, 04:47:25
A professional first post. Some very good information.

To me this is sort of a question of reference to doctrine, because it is very difficult for a person to answer such a question with only ration or empiricism, although Rainbow's third point makes sense enough to me.
21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: What is your favorite book about Astral Projection? on: August 03, 2014, 05:21:32
Yeah, clearly asked many times lol, but no big deal.

Some of the better authors include Robert Monroe, Thomas Campbell, William Buhlman, Charles Tart, and Robert Bruce.

Each of them has their own paradigm; if you had those 5 in a room (unfortunately no longer possible), they might agree 60-70% of the time.

Monroe's super-famous trilogy is his most famous work I am aware of; Campbell is most known for the "My Big Toe" book, and Bruce is best known for "Astral Dynamics".

Charles Tart is more of a parapsychology researcher, and he has written a few good books explaining his own worldview and his reasons for rejecting materialism after experimental results, but he focuses very heavily on projections, having been a peer to Monroe (as was Campbell).

Bulhman I am less familiar with, only having read a couple of his books, but he is recommended by many here.

I best relate to Thomas Campbell's work, but he is not the best author to read if you are more interested in methods; I remember Bulhman standing out in that regard.
22  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Celestial Beings on: August 03, 2014, 03:38:20
No, not offensive, maybe just a little narrowly defined- the only named entities are those that fit into Abrahamic traditions. When people see non-corporeal beings, they usually tend to relate them to whatever religion or worldview they ascribe to, so the language they use to describe what they perceive sort of depends on the person and their cultural context.

I am sort of like a lot of others here... the beings I have interacted with are often creations of my own mind, but those that don't seem to be I have difficulty labeling. They are other minds... that is the best I think I can do. Some of them are very warm and inviting, and others are a bit more netural... perhaps because I don't have what it takes to meaningfully interact with them in whatever method they are acclimated to; I guess I would compare it to meeting the attendant at a hotel desk when you yourself are a butterfly; the worker is good-natured and helpful, but not much she can say to a butterfly, lol.
23  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: can you have your sexual fantasies play out in the astral? on: July 27, 2014, 01:41:34
It's as good a goal to pursue as most really. Nothing wrong in it. I wouldn't fixate on it, but the thing in itself isn't a bad thing.

I think there is a tendency for people to associate sexuality of any kind with lack of control. If non-physical sexuality means loss of control for you, then caution is advised. If it doesn't, then I don't see the harm in it.

Sexuality often implies something different in non-physical context though... the more intimate experiences tend to be those where the participants share experiences or memories. By living the other entity's life for a little while, you share something beyond intimate... it is like you have taken a step toward becoming the same entity. That is union of a high order!
24  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: From Frank Kepple Box channeling July 24th on: July 25, 2014, 22:36:03
I thought he had just dropped off the boards and not been heard from for a while. But has it been confirmed that he passed some time ago?

In the strictest sense, no, it has not been confirmed that Frank is dead. No one here has seen his death certificate, or has spoken to his family to confirm it. It is a long-standing Pulse mystery. There are strong reasons to think so though. For instance, the last months of Frank's posting, he spoke of very nasty health problems.

I'm still new to this, so would someone mind explaining exactly what this is? I know how channeling works, so I assume that's what this is?

Mostly, it does sound like channeling. Blue is using a device whereby stray radio signals and distortions are picked up, and the theory is that a dis-incarnate entity may take these random signals and assemble them into a speech pattern. Blue then asks a question, and interprets the signal chatter that follows. You can sort of make out the responses, and sort of not- it takes a lot of manipulation with audio programs, and even then, she relies on clairaudience techniques to hear clarifications to some of the statements in her head. So yes, channeling is a good description of the claim being advanced here.
25  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: From Frank Kepple Box channeling July 24th on: July 25, 2014, 07:36:49
Not too be cynical or anything, but when is Frank going to tell us something that we don't know through simple common sense?

In the next session, Frank is gonna tell us who had Kennedy killed, just wait!

I do know what you mean though, lol. As a consequence of the structure of all of this, I cannot necessarily accept it at face value. But then messages like these might be simple for a reason. The mistakes we all make in life are simple enough, and the answers often are too.

A nice message, and effort greatly appreciated, as always!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 73