The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 19, 2014, 23:08:25

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 77
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Hearing voices :? on: December 16, 2014, 06:45:55
Probably a hypnogogic trance. You can hear all sorts of things that are likely just produced by your brain; it is a similar effect to when you are drifting off to sleep, and end up in that twilight. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
2  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Scam crags list rental home on: December 16, 2014, 05:51:59
The bad word in this story is "prepaid-debit-card".

Poor lady might as well have sent her money to a Nigerian Prince.
3  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Ecstasy of Saint Teresa, or how I came to experience Primal Union with Creation on: December 08, 2014, 00:48:10
Yeah... What the I Ching is... you count patterns of Yarrow sticks, and there are something like 64 possible outcomes. You then interpret what that outcome means in your situation.

What it amounts to is a way for a Chinese mystic 2000 years ago to ask their ancestors for advice. It is a marked improvement over the previous way, which required the mystic to take a hot poker to the shoulder blade of an ox, and read the way the bone cracked.

4  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Ecstasy of Saint Teresa, or how I came to experience Primal Union with Creation on: December 07, 2014, 23:20:02
The I Ching is simply a tool for Chinese prophecy.

Also, why five books on Tao?

Read the first 2 sentences of the first one!

"The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named is not the eternal name"

Just messing with you though, that sounds like fun. Read the Zhuangzi if you haven't already, it is the best of the lot by a long shot if you ask me. The Zhuangzi is like written music to me.

I can relate to the period of tension. Eventually something happens everytime.

5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Do I have a parasites? on: December 07, 2014, 18:40:05
Fake it till you make it is a VERY powerful principle for life in general.

It gets results especially quickly in psychological situations like this.
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Do I have a parasites? on: December 07, 2014, 03:37:04
Then pretend you are your future self  wink

At some point, you will just stop caring about the shadow snail. It is too much work to worry about it, and you have better things to do, you will realize. Why not make that point now, and save the extra time and worry?
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Do I have a parasites? on: December 06, 2014, 18:10:17
Do you feel you will be thinking about the snail 3 years from now?
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Do I have a parasites? on: December 04, 2014, 13:05:55
I think it is important to notice that your question takes the experience at face value- the image describes a being with an objective form.

You should ask yourself first... why would a being that inhabited a non-physical existence have a visual form? A good answer to me would be that that is how your psyche chose to represent that being to you.

And if that being's form is sourced in your psyche, how do you know it exists outside of you?

Bottom line to me is that it is pretty hard to know if these beings are authored by our own minds, or if they exist outside of us. But I think it is safe to say that more harm comes from fixating on the idea of such a being than ignoring it outright. If it is objectively outside of you, there is very likely to be little you can do about it, if willing it away doesn't work. And if it is a creation of your mind, then you are worried over nothing.

Remarking on how novel it was, and letting the idea pass is how I would approach it.
9  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Seeing things as we are... on: December 04, 2014, 05:11:14
Probably quite nearly true. Our perspective is probably accounts for 80% of what we experience. The remaining 20% is what the data of the world systems we are interfacing with is providing us with.

When most humans see the same table, they almost universally experience the same concept- a piece of furniture. Maybe a few Irishmen see a dancing stage, and a few Daoists and Buddhists see a bed, or a puppet theatre frame that has been turned on its side, or 20 broomsticks that have yet to be cut and lathed, but we all seem to see the same piece of wood in about the same shape.

When the spider sees the table, she sees a curiously flat plane of oceanic dimensions, but in roughly the same shape as the humans see it, if given enough time to work that out (spiders have incredibly great memory for spatial data).

Excuse me here though, because I merely arguing against a universal by identifying where the exceptions are. Our experiences of the table, despite being united by the same source material, are far more different than they are the same.

For one person, the table is a static object of no consequence. For another person, it is an item of high utility. For a third, it represents a certain number of hours of labor to purchase or to craft. For a fourth, it is a part of a living, singing world that writhes with life. For the spider, it is a home and a hunting ground, and has beautiful nooks underneath for a nest. For the beings tending the simulations, it is 500,000 disparate sense experiences had by thousands of beings, which tell the story of one small part of the world, from thousands of angles.

----------------

Or put in another, simpler way... if you go on vacation to a new city... are the people there also on vacation? If you understand why not, then you get it.
10  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Re: Connecting With Darkness on: December 03, 2014, 02:22:22
It seems to me like you know what things you value then, and what you want from life.

I think the label is what is confusing people. They have no idea what you mean when you talk about "dark" things. Part of the issue is that you are using the term, and it has a very specific and well-defined meaning to you, but either a very vague or very negative meaning to others. It is a term with no universally accepted meaning, and so using it in this way is probably a barrier to understanding in group discussions.
11  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Thoughts on Ferguson on: December 03, 2014, 01:23:50
Hehe, right?
12  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: People & My Beliefs on: December 02, 2014, 15:53:51
What do you believe, and why are they your beliefs?

Sorry to address each of your threads with questions, lol.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course. Thing about opinions... some of them make sense, and some of them don't. There are bad reasons to believe what turns out to be real, and somewhat good reasons to believe what may end up being false.

For instance... say I believe it is dangerous to stand in the road, and I reason this is because the road is actually black quicksand. In this case I accidentally arrived at the actual truth that the road was dangerous, but through self-deception or confusion.

Say in another case, everytime I go to my friend's home, he turns off the electrical breakers in his house, and breaks out candles. It might be somewhat rational for me to assume he has problems with this electrical system at home, or at least hasn't been paying his bills; yet this isn't the case, because it was all a deception on the friend's part. In this case I believe something that is false, but for logical reasons. My other friends, who know about the act, know that I am wrong about this, despite my understandable reasons for thinking so.

Following this line of thought, I think most people are more interested in your thinking process, than in the exact thing you believe. No one can tell you with the real truth is, but people can and do engage with your path for getting there in your head.
13  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: how does somebody become a median on: December 02, 2014, 15:33:18
If you want to be a median, just stand in between two lanes of highway.  Smiley

Darn you guys got here first.  cheesy
14  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Thoughts on Ferguson on: December 02, 2014, 15:30:43
I wonder how things would change when the realization hits that when you hurt someone else... you're actually only hurting yourself, because you are everything and everything is you. 

It's a strong realization...

Yes, and it has many sad and brutally heavy corollaries.

For instance, the reverse reading, which is that you are the author of all the suffering that has ever been or will be- every viciously evil thing that ever happened to anyone or anything was all your doing.

A real show stopper.
15  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Re: Connecting With Darkness on: December 02, 2014, 14:33:06
What does dark mean? What defines it? What traits do dark things have? I am still trying to establish this from your other thread.

I sort of get a picture of "dark" meaning "neutral with style" in how you have used the word so far.

16  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Tentacles Coming Out of Mouth on: December 01, 2014, 11:48:48
Why do you suppose you might be a demon or monster?

How do you feel about being such?
17  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Is nothing an option? on: November 30, 2014, 05:17:34
Your quite correct.
Any reality which sets rules and limitations would provide this same "learning opportunity".  Smiley

I've always been curious about those other physical systems with radically different rule sets Thomas Campbell is always talking about.

Maybe one of these days I will visit the 1-dimensional world, and experience life in the line plane. I wonder what challenges the line-landers face... they can go forwards, or they can go backwards... maybe they get frustrated when there is someone further up on the line than they are, but they aren't moving fast enough... and they have to learn to live gracefully on the line, and respect the pace of those in front of them. Maybe the line-landers even consider the segments in front and behind them their family, because they are the only other segments they ever get to see, and go through mourning when those segments pass out of existence finally.
18  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Is nothing an option? on: November 28, 2014, 08:58:27
Hehe, I like that.

The opposite of most people, at least.

I guess the virtue is if there were nothing, it couldn't be worse than here, if being here is a bad experience for you.

Maybe they will let you do nothing for a while... sort of like how at the airport they have those "prayer rooms" (what are they for... to pray you don't crash or something for good measure?); they can have a little bubble of nothing off to the side for you to nothing in for a while  wink
19  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Thoughts on Ferguson on: November 28, 2014, 03:30:23
It is a matter of a certain sector of any given group feeling powerless. When a person feels they have lost power and control in their normal society, in extreme cases they sometimes want to re-assert that they indeed do have certain powers. For instance, in a hierarchy, when someone lower is attacked or reprimanded by a superior, it is a very common thing for that person to be more likely to repeat an identical behavior to someone below them. This is a human thing, and a general animal behavior common to many societies of creatures. In another sense, there are those that feel as though a way to re-assert they have personal power is to visit harm on others. Not always the others that first harmed or rebuked them, but it is immaterial; if a person can re-establish to themselves they have the same power over others which they have seen others express over them, it works out.

Many school and work-place shootings have this component to them (although there are other pyschiatric and pharmaceutical components to those cases).

The riots are very similar. A part of the community feels, rightly or wrongly, that its power has been taken away from it by society. The general and unfocused destruction is an attempt to re-establish that personal power. It is worth examining the social narrative that leads people to feel this way.
20  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Thoughts on Ferguson on: November 27, 2014, 04:15:40
I agree with the above. I feel the rioters have no place re-directing their anger against random targets, then, or especially now. Pre-meditated destruction helps no one.

I think chiefly the rioters themselves are to blame, but no small part of the blame falls on media and "leader" figures who have chosen to focus on a senseless tragedy, and build it into a racial case where none existed. People like Al Sharpton and Eric holder to me bear not the smallest part of the responsibility for the destruction, because they know the effect of labeling this a racial hate crime, and calling for special reactions. They knew this would be the result, yet still chose to attach inflammatory dimensions to the happening. Folks like that are the true racists I feel. The call for action on a case which has not been judged is also a very poor show for an attorney general; the court system aspires to be blind. I believe these men actually authored racial tensions in a place where they didn't previously exist, and that is also damaging to the harmony of society.

I think it should  be clear to future leaders not to speak only by the composition of their feelings, but also by the likely results those expressed feelings will generate. Excusing oneself from the likely consequences of one's words is unacceptable at that level, and is also to me part of the intent question Xanth has expressed. The words themselves are not enough-- not everyone is prepared to hear the same words at the same times-- and we must have care what would be in the best interests of those around us to be told. It is not a matter of hiding truth, or disguising one's feelings, but rather recognizing that when we address others, we should have their best interests at heart.

I wish the people there safety and peace.
21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Any laws of Physics in other realities? on: November 27, 2014, 03:51:43
The very basics of absolutely everything is composed of 3 parts.

1st is it's density.
2nd is its frequency and
3rd is its energetic quotient.

Ok, going to be a hopeless contrarian today, and ask how did you arrive at this?

These seem more like properties of a physical system bound by similar laws to our physical system. Why do you suppose non-physical realities would stratify according to physical patterns?
22  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Magic mushrooms and astral projection on: November 23, 2014, 19:48:14
Ok just to clear up policy here, with this stuff we cannot advise on use, safety of use, or anything related to the actually substance itself. Mostly legal reasons. The safety information I am providing is for your benefit, but is not advice in how to procede.

What we can discuss is the nature of the substances themselves, and the experiences behind them. So to that end-

When a person engages in that activity, the first risk they encounter is sourcing. Mushrooms are notoriously difficult to identify. Even a trained mycologist (mushroom expert) cannot identify them by sight, and requires genetic or chemical testing to ascertain what the sample is.

The mushrooms sought for their psychoactive properties are literally identical to others which are deadly toxic. The mushrooms are thus as safe as their source. If this is something you engage in, you must be sure that the person who sourced them grew them.

Usually the active ingredient in those mushrooms is psilocybin. It is a hallucinogen fairly well studied, and believed to have minimal lasting effects, but this is not known for certainty. The sorts of experiences it tends to produce are erratic, intense affairs that can be both elating and horrifying to the user. For this reason it is unsafe to use without several sober attendents.

It is like a projection in the sense of being a non-physical experience, but it is unlike a standard projection in terms of being radically uncontrolled. I can understand what motivates a person to engage here, but it isn't the most balanced way to approach this art. If you participate, you will be provided with a very different experience that may inform your life in some way, but will not likely aid you in conscious projections. They are too different.

Be safe, and try to keep the discussion experience and theory-related. Unfortunately we cannot really discuss use.
23  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Are we Gods?? on: November 23, 2014, 17:19:57
Maybe we are just those ones that like the experience then  wink
24  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Music takes you places on: November 23, 2014, 17:08:21
Back to the mid 90's in his head to go he wants.

There are times in the wider reality where you might encounter other beings that communicate by passing you packages of memories, and you get to understand them by being them for a little while. Music is almost there.

Try as I might, I can't make it the 90's in my head again, but for an hour or two. Part of it is being a much younger person with a different point of view and life circumstance. Part of it is that the world had a brighter outlook in some ways. Been there quite a few times though. It is a nice place. Let's see if I can find some tickets...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXnxTNIWkc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khrx-zrG460

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XJxFAoiWSY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkd4vGZuXc0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f7EJTXkJBY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZktNItwexo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEDw9xgSmSc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL7-CKirWZE

There, that should buy you 35 minutes of 90's time.

25  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Are we Gods?? on: November 20, 2014, 02:32:50
Yes and no. If everyone is a god... then isn't no one a god?

For a simpler, easier to follow example...

Say you take a feudal, European monarchy, and now declare that everyone is a king. Everyone gets to wear a crown (but not everyone can afford a golden crown, so some people can make theirs out of wood or such). Everyone is in charge, but they can't really make others do what they want, because all the subjects are kings now too. Everyone gets to live in the castle. Are these kings like the king that they had previously? Not really... some things are defined by exclusion.

So if everyone is a god, then being a god means something different than it meant before. The very fact of it being a universal trait means it lost its original definition.

Most meanings of the word that stem from the Greek idea center around the god being the apex of a certain ideal. There are none better than this being at what they excel at. They are the measuring stick against which all others must be compared.

It is another language issue again I think.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 77