The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. February 01, 2015, 00:11:09

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 77
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Why Astral Projections Feel “More Real” Than Physical Waking Life on: January 29, 2015, 19:51:53
There is only one thing you can say definitively about you own reality, "I am having an experience in the present moment." That is the only thing you can't argue with but you can only say it about yourself (am I wrong? Can anyone think of another?)

Yeah, there are really aren't THAT many things you can know definitively.

Another though that most people agree on is Descartes' "Cogito": "I think/perceive/experience, therefore I must exist".

Many people take for granted that if you are starting from a foundation of no knowledge, that proving you exist is a necessary  first step.

Other candidates may include the laws of logic. Many philosophers believe it is impossible for a reality to violate one of the basic logic laws and be stable (quantum physics asside). For instance, it is hard to picture a reality where the law of non-contradiction doesn't apply. Namely, that the same statement cannot be both true and false at the same time in the same circumstance in reference to the same thing. As an example, Mark has 3 apples / or plates / or protons. If that is a true statement, it cannot also be a false one too, otherwise "interesting" things happen logically, and every false statement simaltaneously becomes true according to the laws of logic.
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Why Astral Projections Feel “More Real” Than Physical Waking Life on: January 29, 2015, 11:04:25
Yet another language issue I think.

I understand what sentiment people are invoking when they say "it feels more real". The fact that "reality" doesn't admit of degrees, and that nothing that is experienced could be unreal asside, what I think people are talking about is the hierarchy of realities. Most realities are not "base" realities in the sense that they are grounded in the substrates of another reality.

For instance, take the computer game example that Tom likes a lot (and for good reason)- the computer game character's reality is dependent on and grounded in our own reality. There is a one-way direction of that dependence. Mario depends on this reality for his own reality, but this reality doesn't depend on Mario's reality (thankfully).

I think this is the concept people are expressing when they say that... that they have discovered that our current reality is lower on the dependence hierarchy chain by temporarily living outside of the illusion.
3  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Help me find this girl on: January 21, 2015, 01:26:28
I will be direct.

The attitude you are showing toward the person here does not sound healthy.

Consider the roles reversed. Consider a person comes to your door, and tells you that they took a picture of your clothes at the laundromat to remember you by, and that they found you again using psychic abilities, because they were so fascinated by you that they had to see you again.

Would you feel comfortable around this person?
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: what is the maximum number of spirit guides people can have on: January 20, 2015, 04:37:26
The same number of angels that can dance on the head of a pin, most literally.
5  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: How did you get here? on: January 19, 2015, 04:30:06
I remember another old site too... called "SpiritWeb" or something like that.

It had great information... and then suddenly it got filled with 400 articles on the various types of aliens there were, lol. Not that there aren't 400 kinds... but you know what I mean  rolleyes

The late 90's were like the second new age, lol, even cheaper than the first one.
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: If demons or astral vampires changed to a higher frequency would thay still bad on: January 16, 2015, 15:56:38
I guess it matters then what "frequency" refers to here.

For me the question doesn't arise, because I don't view the world as a "bad-to-good" spectrum which has well defined rungs. I think negativity or malevolence is not an intrinsic property of a consciousness, but probably more akin to something like a role that being is playing in its current reality.

The diference is, in the spectrum view of things, how "good or evil" the entity is one of its more basic identity properties. In the view I am proposing here, I am thinking of it more like a theatre play, where everyone goes home in the end and has fun, regardless of who played Peter Pan and who played Hook (because these were characters, not the natures of the actors who played them).
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Astral matter vs Physical matter on: January 16, 2015, 14:53:07
Astral matter has no physicality. It is an idea. When you really get down to it, the physical reality we have now is really basically just ideas, but don't think about that yet.

It will be solid if you expect it to be, and otherwise if that is what you think. It is real all the same, but not in the way it may appear.

"Astral" and "etheric" are basically synonyms to me. I have seen them used as though they described separate phenomena, but I am convinced the distinction only exists as a status symbol for some practitioners to place their acheivements over those of others.

As for the last question... experiences vary. Some people tend to have hazy experiences, for others it is hyper-reality... more lucid than here.

But try to stay away from expectations  and labels. They aren't going to inform you much.
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Is Morality a Requirement for Projecting? on: January 06, 2015, 12:23:37
Could all those antique cultures have been so wrong for so many centuries?

If you really get down to it, there is almost nothing they were right about. There are only a handful that were right about some things part of the time (Egyptians and Greeks were exceptionally good at math, and their mathematical reasoning and proofs still hold up, for example). There is a lot of simple wisdom in those texts, but you just can't take the metaphysical claims at face value. They weren't playing with the full deck. Hell, we aren't playing with the full deck yet. Ancient cultures were at their best when they were thinking with science and logic. That is not to say that only logic is valid, of course (far, far from it), but when you get into speculations about how the world actually works... don't think being from 4000 years ago makes you better at it.

Honor the ancients for their incredible accomplishments, and read their poetry and mysticism. Don't delegate your reasoning to them.
9  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Community Spirit. on: January 05, 2015, 09:37:15
Thus is expended the entire aerospace budget of Thailand for the decade.

Damn worth it though. At the start of the video, I was VERY concerned for the technicians... there is a reason rockets aren't lit by hand, lol.

Hats off to their engineers. All they got was structural... bamboo... and it made it halfway to orbit... AND no one got killed at launch.
10  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: How to be ultra spiritual on: January 02, 2015, 06:27:53
http://www.wisdomofchopra.com/

The Deepak Chopra quote generator is a lot of fun too.

I learned "Elephants are insects."
11  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Merry Christmas (or whatever other holiday you celebrate)!! on: December 26, 2014, 10:42:16
I don't believe in Christmas, I am a scientologist.

Wait, no I'm not... I thought I was Tom Cruise for a second again.

Happy Christmas everyone!
12  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / Re: Need list of power sources that can be used both physically and metaphysically on: December 21, 2014, 14:56:30
A thought process way outside of the box will solve this. Interacting is another story, perhaps resonance itself is key for interaction. It most certainly is in radio reception.
Thoughts.

Without defaulting to the tired language of the new age, being open to some form of influence or energy seems like an invitation to interact with it. When you address the forces themselves... "things" happen.

I don't claim to know mechanisms or wherefores of it all. How it works... I would be only be pitching wide guesses. But address that you would like to court directly, and with fullest sincerity, and it will answer if it is equipped to do so.
13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Hearing voices :? on: December 16, 2014, 06:45:55
Probably a hypnogogic trance. You can hear all sorts of things that are likely just produced by your brain; it is a similar effect to when you are drifting off to sleep, and end up in that twilight. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
14  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Scam crags list rental home on: December 16, 2014, 05:51:59
The bad word in this story is "prepaid-debit-card".

Poor lady might as well have sent her money to a Nigerian Prince.
15  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Ecstasy of Saint Teresa, or how I came to experience Primal Union with Creation on: December 08, 2014, 00:48:10
Yeah... What the I Ching is... you count patterns of Yarrow sticks, and there are something like 64 possible outcomes. You then interpret what that outcome means in your situation.

What it amounts to is a way for a Chinese mystic 2000 years ago to ask their ancestors for advice. It is a marked improvement over the previous way, which required the mystic to take a hot poker to the shoulder blade of an ox, and read the way the bone cracked.

16  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Ecstasy of Saint Teresa, or how I came to experience Primal Union with Creation on: December 07, 2014, 23:20:02
The I Ching is simply a tool for Chinese prophecy.

Also, why five books on Tao?

Read the first 2 sentences of the first one!

"The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named is not the eternal name"

Just messing with you though, that sounds like fun. Read the Zhuangzi if you haven't already, it is the best of the lot by a long shot if you ask me. The Zhuangzi is like written music to me.

I can relate to the period of tension. Eventually something happens everytime.

17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Do I have a parasites? on: December 07, 2014, 18:40:05
Fake it till you make it is a VERY powerful principle for life in general.

It gets results especially quickly in psychological situations like this.
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Do I have a parasites? on: December 07, 2014, 03:37:04
Then pretend you are your future self  wink

At some point, you will just stop caring about the shadow snail. It is too much work to worry about it, and you have better things to do, you will realize. Why not make that point now, and save the extra time and worry?
19  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Do I have a parasites? on: December 06, 2014, 18:10:17
Do you feel you will be thinking about the snail 3 years from now?
20  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Do I have a parasites? on: December 04, 2014, 13:05:55
I think it is important to notice that your question takes the experience at face value- the image describes a being with an objective form.

You should ask yourself first... why would a being that inhabited a non-physical existence have a visual form? A good answer to me would be that that is how your psyche chose to represent that being to you.

And if that being's form is sourced in your psyche, how do you know it exists outside of you?

Bottom line to me is that it is pretty hard to know if these beings are authored by our own minds, or if they exist outside of us. But I think it is safe to say that more harm comes from fixating on the idea of such a being than ignoring it outright. If it is objectively outside of you, there is very likely to be little you can do about it, if willing it away doesn't work. And if it is a creation of your mind, then you are worried over nothing.

Remarking on how novel it was, and letting the idea pass is how I would approach it.
21  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Seeing things as we are... on: December 04, 2014, 05:11:14
Probably quite nearly true. Our perspective is probably accounts for 80% of what we experience. The remaining 20% is what the data of the world systems we are interfacing with is providing us with.

When most humans see the same table, they almost universally experience the same concept- a piece of furniture. Maybe a few Irishmen see a dancing stage, and a few Daoists and Buddhists see a bed, or a puppet theatre frame that has been turned on its side, or 20 broomsticks that have yet to be cut and lathed, but we all seem to see the same piece of wood in about the same shape.

When the spider sees the table, she sees a curiously flat plane of oceanic dimensions, but in roughly the same shape as the humans see it, if given enough time to work that out (spiders have incredibly great memory for spatial data).

Excuse me here though, because I merely arguing against a universal by identifying where the exceptions are. Our experiences of the table, despite being united by the same source material, are far more different than they are the same.

For one person, the table is a static object of no consequence. For another person, it is an item of high utility. For a third, it represents a certain number of hours of labor to purchase or to craft. For a fourth, it is a part of a living, singing world that writhes with life. For the spider, it is a home and a hunting ground, and has beautiful nooks underneath for a nest. For the beings tending the simulations, it is 500,000 disparate sense experiences had by thousands of beings, which tell the story of one small part of the world, from thousands of angles.

----------------

Or put in another, simpler way... if you go on vacation to a new city... are the people there also on vacation? If you understand why not, then you get it.
22  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Re: Connecting With Darkness on: December 03, 2014, 02:22:22
It seems to me like you know what things you value then, and what you want from life.

I think the label is what is confusing people. They have no idea what you mean when you talk about "dark" things. Part of the issue is that you are using the term, and it has a very specific and well-defined meaning to you, but either a very vague or very negative meaning to others. It is a term with no universally accepted meaning, and so using it in this way is probably a barrier to understanding in group discussions.
23  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Thoughts on Ferguson on: December 03, 2014, 01:23:50
Hehe, right?
24  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: People & My Beliefs on: December 02, 2014, 15:53:51
What do you believe, and why are they your beliefs?

Sorry to address each of your threads with questions, lol.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course. Thing about opinions... some of them make sense, and some of them don't. There are bad reasons to believe what turns out to be real, and somewhat good reasons to believe what may end up being false.

For instance... say I believe it is dangerous to stand in the road, and I reason this is because the road is actually black quicksand. In this case I accidentally arrived at the actual truth that the road was dangerous, but through self-deception or confusion.

Say in another case, everytime I go to my friend's home, he turns off the electrical breakers in his house, and breaks out candles. It might be somewhat rational for me to assume he has problems with this electrical system at home, or at least hasn't been paying his bills; yet this isn't the case, because it was all a deception on the friend's part. In this case I believe something that is false, but for logical reasons. My other friends, who know about the act, know that I am wrong about this, despite my understandable reasons for thinking so.

Following this line of thought, I think most people are more interested in your thinking process, than in the exact thing you believe. No one can tell you with the real truth is, but people can and do engage with your path for getting there in your head.
25  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: how does somebody become a median on: December 02, 2014, 15:33:18
If you want to be a median, just stand in between two lanes of highway.  Smiley

Darn you guys got here first.  cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 77