The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 25, 2014, 18:29:03

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 74
101  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Re enter body in the past ? on: June 03, 2014, 19:52:50
I gather this is something you want to try?
102  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: A fly by of all known planets in our galaxy (1776 of them) on: June 03, 2014, 06:28:40
Yeah... and that is still only 100,000 stars. Creation is immense many orders of magnitude beyond our ability to conceive.
103  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: A fly by of all known planets in our galaxy (1776 of them) on: June 03, 2014, 03:18:14
So a similar argument to the old Christian notion of the universe being built solely for the earth? As in the rest is just fluff, and they can add it later as we look?

I think Tom said something like that at some point... that the only parts of the world that are really there are the parts conscious beings are looking at- the rest doesn't need to exist.

Maybe, but that only works if humans are the coolest thing in this physical universe, and it is our playground. I feel like there are others out there someplace...
104  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: A fly by of all known planets in our galaxy (1776 of them) on: June 02, 2014, 18:21:10
Very true, but where I am now, I can't be sure of bringing back trustworthy data of something I can't physically verify. I would never know if I was having an experience of a faraway physical place, or something I had envisioned. It doesn't help that I clearly have an active imagination about those things  rolleyes

105  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / A fly by of all known planets in our galaxy (1776 of them) on: June 02, 2014, 08:34:47
We all know there are billions of stars in our galaxy, but lets face it, billion is not a word I understand. I can intellectualize the concept, but my mind can't provide me with any picture of what a number on that scale looks or feels like. Here is a recently made video I happened on depicting only the 1776 then-known planets of two months ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw_KfDEypTY

Most of those are the ones that are so close to us we can't miss them with our new tools, such as  the Kepler Space Telescope.

The images I get of vast oceanic worlds full of arthropod life, endless forests known only to snails, and of gentle and warlike cultures is phenomenal.

If you concentrate, you can see Vulcan and Kronos go by.

------------------

To compliment and expand on that, with a very recent article:

http://www.universetoday.com/112265/there-might-be-100-million-planets-in-the-galaxy-with-complex-life/

The figure came from studying a list of more than 1,000 exoplanets for metrics such as their density, temperature, chemistry, age and distance from the parent star. From this, Irwin’s team formulated a “biological complexity index” that ranges between 0 and 1.0. The index is rated on “the number and degree of characteristics assumed to be important for supporting multiple forms of multicellular life,” the research team stated.
Assuming that Europa (a moon of Jupiter believed to have an ocean below its ice) is a good candiate for life, the team estimated that 1% to 2% of exoplanets would have a BCI that is even higher than that. So to translate that into some estimates: 10 billion stars in the Milky Way, averaging one planet a star, which brings us to 100 million planets minimum.

The figure came from studying a list of more than 1,000 exoplanets for metrics such as their density, temperature, chemistry, age and distance from the parent star. From this, Irwin’s team formulated a “biological complexity index” that ranges between 0 and 1.0. The index is rated on “the number and degree of characteristics assumed to be important for supporting multiple forms of multicellular life,” the research team stated.
Assuming that Europa (a moon of Jupiter believed to have an ocean below its ice) is a good candiate for life, the team estimated that 1% to 2% of exoplanets would have a BCI that is even higher than that. So to translate that into some estimates: 10 billion stars in the Milky Way, averaging one planet a star, which brings us to 100 million planets minimum.

100 million planets with things at least as complicated as jellyfish or tardigrades probably inhabiting them. There are wonders just out of our current reach, I am sure of it. Probably lucky for them we can't reach them yet.
106  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Seeing Colors Constantly? Auras or eye problems? on: May 29, 2014, 19:12:55
If it was so I believe our paradigm would have already shifted quite a bit. Besides... There's a lot of people who that don't have good intentions at all and still manage to become quite able with the paranormal.

Sadly, I think "intent" or "desire" might be a stronger catalyst for developing such abilities... and things such as a strong prior belief that they are possible goes a long way.
107  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / Re: What happens to those who commit suicide? on: May 29, 2014, 17:14:33
I think the universe is probably not so mechanical as for there to be one thing that happens.

It probably depends on the person, and their motives, what possible reasons they may have been here, etc.

What happens on earth to a person who kills someone else? Well, it matters how old they are, it matters how rich or poor they are, it matters why they did it, it matters to whom they did it, it matters if they were told to do it or acted on their own ideas, it matters if someone has declared it a "wartime situation", and it matters what their alternatives were. And that is just a system devised by humans. I would surmise the system run by the universe has even more variables.
108  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Seeing Colors Constantly? Auras or eye problems? on: May 29, 2014, 17:00:24
There is no such thing. "Good" and "Bad" are but opinions. So how does one define "good" in a way that everyone can understand?

That is indeed no small undertaking. Plato tried once, and scholars of ancient Greek still haven't settled what he even meant, although he seemed to define it by relating it to justice, where everyone got what they deserved and everyone did what they did best. Yeah... I know, not very helpful.

If I wanted to jump down the well and make an attempt, I might say something like, "The good is what is beneficial, and the greater good, is what is most beneficial to the most parties." Of course, now we have only shifted the burden of explanation from the good to needing to explain what the beneficial is now, by so defining it. We could give it another round, and define benefit by yet another term, but I think you see how this is going. The chain doesn't end until it anchors onto a word which everyone recognizes to describe something of unquestioned value, but does a concept like that exist? Aristotle tried to end the chain with his term "happiness", stating that everyone knew it, so everyone knew its value. Maybe that is enough for some, but not others.
109  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Seeing Colors Constantly? Auras or eye problems? on: May 29, 2014, 05:08:19
It really sounds to me like an issue with a damaged thalamus or angular gyrus in your brain.  One of the known effects of hallucinogens that produce visual artifacts like those is to disrupt regions like that act as "switching stations" for sensory data to be transferred to other places in the brain. There may be a more metaphysical explanation, but the way you describe it as a motion blur effect really says brain issue to me.
110  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: How do you know when you're in the Astral realm? on: May 29, 2014, 04:08:56
True, but one thing you learn when you do behavioral experiments involving animals, is that the complexity of interactions and the variables involved increases by a factor of 3 or so for each of the first 5 animals added. So if you want to do a parapsychology experiment, it is best to have only one animal (yourself) involved. When you add that second person, you start to add the difficulty of meeting, the difficulty of what constitutes a meeting, the difficulty of collecting data between the two parties, and questions about what the effects of the irrelevance of time and space has if any (for instance, when you successfully meet your friend, were you actually meeting them 10 years from now in their perspective?) All of those queer difficulties and questions disappear when you try something more mechanical, such as reading a number someone has placed in a designated space.

Now if you try it yourself, or read the attempts of others, you will also see that even that setup isn't without its own issues though. What most people seem to meet is some sort of metaphor when they reach the spot where the number should be, such as a chessboard, where the number ends up being 64325 (64 spaces, 32 pieces), or more commonly, utter dreamlike nonsense, such as a statue of a goose with 2 heads with no obvious interpretation. There are apparent successes (read the famous "Miss Z" account from Charles Tart for a classic example), but a staggering amount of misses of many sorts. It can be done, but you are entering a bewildering fun-house when you actually make the attempt, at least that was my experience.
111  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: How do you know when you're in the Astral realm? on: May 29, 2014, 00:40:12
Sounds lame... but you will have a feeling of authenticity about the others. You will know that you aren't in the presence of things you invented. But that is just a feeling of course, and still one that may fail sometimes in the face of your own creative genius. The only true way that I know of is the old "bring back information you didn't have before" trick.
112  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Cosmology related question on: May 28, 2014, 23:57:09
I would suggest that 2- and 3- might be one in the same, just viewed through different lenses. If you are differentiating 2- from 3- on the basis that things in 3 lack shape, I think that may be true of projection experiences in general.

1 is only a major category from our perspective I surmise; from what I can tell, our physical world we share is only one of many simulated worlds, some governed by similar rules, and some a bit different.

I think that should answer question 1 pretty well.

For question 2... I think there may be many answers, but I don't know for sure... I don't remember the last time I died, although some here might. A few of us here have encountered the dead in projections, but because that environment lacks time or space constraints, it is hard to say what experience they had first. I am blessed to have most of the people I care about still here on this plane, so I haven't someone close to talk to about the matter yet.

113  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: How do you know when you're in the Astral realm? on: May 28, 2014, 01:05:29
I wish the astral realm had signposts. I read in Ophiel's book that the astral realm has a glow to it, and you'll recognise it when you get there.

This person experienced their projections with a glow because that is what they expected. There isn't anything in particular, like the sky is purple, or everyone is flying, etc that tells you that you are experiencing a projection.

The way I see things, there isn't much difference between a lucid dream and a projection, other than how they start, and that the lucid dream tends to have more of a narrative to it, before you go off on your own someplace. There really isn't anything about what you see in a projection that differentiates it from a dream; it is more about your perspective at the time. What I call a projection is when your awareness and wakefulness is identical to or greater than your waking state. You see the same things at times, but you don't feel the same way as a normal dream. And this sense of alertness allows you to take charge of the experience and set your own agenda, or, if you aren't careful, your subconscious will do it for you.
114  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Physical planets with physical, intelligent beings on: May 23, 2014, 23:22:56
The only difference is that this environment was darker than black.

Makes sense enough to me.
115  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Re: David McCready banned - why? on: May 20, 2014, 15:17:21
I appreciate the concern Volgerle, and I definitely see where it is coming from. I generally speak out against censorship here.

Normally I don't care to discuss other member accounts openly, but I agree this is a somewhat public matter.

I don't have an issue with David the person, but what I will say is that we came to the consensus that David was using his presence here chiefly to advertise, and did so it a very robotic fashion. Everything he said came out as a sort of pre-scripted PR-message for his materials. He even had other members provide testimonials in a format identical to his posting style at one point. I don't have a problem with people who drop a mention of a book or product. David was apparently here to do only that. We asked him several times to dial back the advertisement, and he was told several times that he was free to stay here and interact with others if he dropped the world-authority and salesman combo and just related as a person. He was apparently unwilling to do so.

I will stress that we are not hostile to David's ideas, but due to the lack of tact and his propensity to ignore reasonable requests he showed here, it proved difficult to have him around.
116  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Physical planets with physical, intelligent beings on: May 19, 2014, 11:01:17
I'll be blunt about it then. Everyone here seems to think that just because you are limitless in the astral, it means that you are invincible. I am 99.99% sure that all of that is BS.

I agree. I am not convinced that a person is immune from any sort of harm. The world is a big place, and many unexpected things and events populate it. I feel like many people obsess about defense though... it seems like these are the sorts of people that find themselves under constant attack. For this reason, I am convinced most of the negative encounters are authored by the projector. But then maybe not all.
117  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Physical planets with physical, intelligent beings on: May 19, 2014, 01:35:42
Yes you can definitely meet real people. I wouldn't say it is impossible for an entity from a non-physical encounter to target someone, but I haven't encountered anyone yet with the apparent focus or will enough to kill by thought.

It isn't so much relevant if I believe you or not, just wanted to see how you reason it.

118  The Astral Library / Welcome to Writers Corner! / Re: Members Music! on: May 19, 2014, 01:27:35
I like how you played the midi track on your computer or digital piano, lol. Reminds me of a 70's demo tape in that regard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tLLrRM1fbc&noredirect=1

I always liked how distant those sounded. Like... much more real than a studio recording.

Very nice  wink
119  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Physical planets with physical, intelligent beings on: May 19, 2014, 01:19:34
Well I haven't seen it for my own eyes, so don't take this as fact. But what do humans do to other humans when they get a hold of information they aren't suppose to have? That's right, we kill each other. Atlantians have more to protect. They have technology that they won't risk humans getting their hands on....

What means could they possess to assassinate a person from both another time and space? And wouldn't doing that make them just as petty as human?
120  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Physical planets with physical, intelligent beings on: May 18, 2014, 06:10:38
Do you have any idea what could potentially happen to any human found sneaking around Atlantis?

No, what happens to a human sneaking around Atlantis?
121  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Super Cat to the Rescue on: May 15, 2014, 11:44:49
No adult intervention needed; the world took care of itself and it's junior inhabitants. Fascinating.

That cat was on a mission... does make you wonder sometimes...
122  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Mind Blowing Realization!! on: May 15, 2014, 11:19:51
These things seem to go in cycles and fashions. Years ago, it was fashionable to view projection as "soul travel", where an essence left the body.

Today, the idea of projection as a shift of focus is getting a lot of traction.

I also hold this view. To me the idea that distance and time are meaningless makes the idea of traveling likewise meaningless... it is only logical to me that we don't really go anyplace.
123  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Super Cat to the Rescue on: May 15, 2014, 11:15:40
That was pretty bold- that was a fairly large dog to confront. Cats aren't believed to usually harbor much affection for their owners... so I wonder what motivated that cat.

124  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: strange emotions during ancient aliens on: May 14, 2014, 23:52:53
People I ask about kundalini either say I have epilepsy, a demon attacked me and forced me to leave my body to have my way with me (which ihorsecrap) one girl said the only thing that can help me is incubus and sucubus and told me its a weapon not a toy. I don't even know what the hell that means. Another guy said I'm screwed and my energy body is changed forever. Then another guy said it shouldnt hurt. Then another girl said the kundalini syndrome symptoms will go away after snout 8 weeks. And what I did is amazing. Then another guy said kundalini is mind control and a whole bunch of this other stuff. I learned nobody knows what they are talking about regarding kundalini.

Sadly yes. I have read hundreds of pages on the subject through the years, and while the symptoms are usually very similar, no one is in agreement about the real cause, or what to do about it. I have heard of people reaping supposed benefits from it, and others nothing but torment. Some experiencers have suggested taking certain assana postures may either alleviate symptoms or press the "process" on further, while others have suggested this is the worst possible advice.
125  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: strange emotions during ancient aliens on: May 14, 2014, 23:39:39
No, I don't think I have experienced a collection of symptoms that fits the classical Kundalini syndrome.

I have had all the typical "energy" sensations (I tend to feel these are primarily a nerve effect, and thus you can see where my guesses extend from that platform), and I have had what I would term "pulsations", where a wave of tension and release slides through my body for about a 5 minute period on many occasions, but nothing that to me resembled the overwhelming twisting spinal pain people describe as "Kundalini".

You are right when you say that I do not have a full basis for making a judgement- what I have are only theories.

I disagree though that matching some of the experienced sensations to possible physical events is materialist. The criticism leveled at materialists (rightly I feel) is that they force everything to fit into a preconceived matter-oriented paradigm, without allowing for possible exceptions or caveats. I think the same criticism applies to dualists or mind-monists- not everything people experience in meditation or projection is necessarily a metaphysical event; we are interfacing with apparently physical bodies afterall, and they fit very heavily into the equation. It is only natural to me that some of the effects this lifestyle causes would be manifested in the form of somatic events.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 74