The Astral Pulse
News: Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 01, 2015, 13:13:52

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 82
101  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: entities, please ignore the kick me sign on: March 03, 2015, 10:22:53
Will I get beaten up by demons if I astral project?

Only if you expect it, or mentally invite it through fear. Even then, it will be more a case of you interacting with a mental representation of your anxieties, as you might have imagined already.

Can I heal myself with astral projection?

Don't really need astral projection to do that.

I guess the question is similar to, "Can I read a book while riding a train?" Well... you can also read a book in a car, in a house, in a bathtub, etc. The train doesn't suddenly make reading possible, and similarly projections are not a pre-condition or a facilitator of healing.

There is nothing magical or particularly efficient about projections that facilitates healing any more than the pursuit of healing for its own sake.

Hope this helps!

Can I protect myself?

Oddly enough, you can probably best protect yourself by dropping the expectation of needing protection, if you reason in the above manner.
102  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: So, what's your age? on: March 03, 2015, 09:02:36
This should be fun.

28- I think that may make me the youngest of the mods possibly.
103  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Love as the fundamental energy on: March 01, 2015, 14:08:11

There is something very physiological in that sort of energy that people aren't prepared for (I think partially because they are made to feel ashamed of their bodies, and think of sensuality as an impure thing). Our bodies are truly wonderful tools for experiencing things on a profoundly immediate level.

Another aspect is that cultural outsiders are often thought of as the untermensch; people think of command of language as a sign of intelligence and cultivation; they see a person who barely speaks their native tongue, and reason from inference that this person is of low-social worth because they lack even language skills; they overlook that this person may be hyper-literate in their own culture.

It is sort of funny that he had a very Upanishadic Hindu perspective... I always wonder where people pick that stuff up, even in the age of the internet.

I remember when I visited some Hari Krishnas one day, and they made me a fantastic meal, and I tried to return the favor by doing some of their housework unasked; it clearly wasn't lost on them I quickly realized, being people who would know the Bhagavad Gita word for word, the symbolism of reciprocity like that, and I had one of those "Yeah, you get it" moments with them as a result, hehe.

A long time ago, in a galaxy that seems far away now, in my early twenties

Isn't it funny how our memories bring us back to what increasingly feel like story book moments about a fictional character, rather than our present self? Eventually the memories live on as pure symbols and abstractions.

The stuff we do at a younger age is probably more significant... as we get older, we sort of lose any excuse for acting out... we have read the book too many times not to get it by that point. You can tell with very young kids sometimes that they occasionally will perform virtuous acts without any coaching or indoctrination from their parents... this is an especially wonderful thing to witness when it actually happens.
104  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Pulse Island! / Re: why doeznt my dp show up?? on: February 28, 2015, 21:22:16
Oh, I actually meant the letters themselves, "D-P".

I have never heard of an avatar being referred to like that.

"Digital Persona", maybe?
105  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Pulse Island! / Re: why doeznt my dp show up?? on: February 28, 2015, 15:33:35
image was too big, and wasn't a square. I edited it down to 200x200, and reposted it for you  wink

What does DP stand for, anyhow?
106  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: How effective do you guys think magick and spells are? on: February 27, 2015, 20:38:04
I am in agreement with Xanth here. I think magic stuff is intent-based also.
107  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is it ever ethical for one to commit suicide? on: February 27, 2015, 04:21:33
A situation existed many years ago about the use of steroids for bodybuilding. They were put to a vote and the result was they're good for the moral, their use was unethical.

Hmm... instead of "moral" here, did you really mean "morale" (confidence ; enthusiasm ; spirit ) ?

And oddly, I think the reverse reading is more common- "morals" are community-oriented, and determined by subcultures and peer group-conventions, whereas "ethics" refer to something which can be weighed in the light of logic or reason, and aren't determined by convention or traditions, as morals are.

Normally I wouldn't make an issue of it, but we are trying to pin down the conventional meanings of the two words in this case, and I think we are getting even more confused, haha  rolleyes

I am a first class thread-derailer, apologies, Plasma!
108  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is it ever ethical for one to commit suicide? on: February 27, 2015, 01:11:48
s for is it "ethical" or "moral" to do it... those are meaningless labels just like "good" and "evil".

I disagree with this part. "Moral" is the more arbitrary of the two words, and deals with beliefs and societal conventions about what is right and wrong, and I am perfectly comfortable saying morals don't exist (maybe this is what you meant too).

"Ethics", on the other hands, is the concept that in some situations, there may be a right thing and a wrong thing to do, based on the benefit and harm to the parties involved. When people are judged on an ethical scale, such as in a courtroom situation, it is chiefly their intent, based on the knowledge they had available to them, that is meant to be the guide.

For this reason, I actually do think "ethics" is the word that most closely resembles the intent concept you use. I agree that words are a barrier to understanding at times, but they are also very useful, as some words have extremely well-agreed upon definitions, and can incite perfect understanding when used.
109  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is it ever ethical for one to commit suicide? on: February 26, 2015, 08:33:56
My position is that it is a question of the benefit and harm done to all parties in question, as most ethical questions are best understood to me.

There are clearly instances of self sacrifice where the ethics clearly seems in favor of that choice, but they are mostly artificial situations, such as the kind arranged in films. I am thinking of instances such as Mr. Spock sacrificing himself to save his crew mates in the 1982 version of "Wrath of Khan". They don't turn up often at all in real life, but they aren't outside of the realm of possibility.

Usually a case of suicide is needless, and the result of emotional stress, as you mention. In those cases the ethics are probably far against such an act.

Situations such as doctor-assisted suicides of the terminally ill are probably pretty close to ethically neutral acts to my understanding. Very little is probably left to be gained by the individual remaining alive a few more days. I feel the objections are probably rooted in religious teachings, which I guess is what it is.
110  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: AP with Legal Ayahuasca? on: February 25, 2015, 22:43:56
Hi eric

While I appreciate what you are doing here, in the past we have established the precedent that substance topics are to be about experiences, and not about guidelines for use, and definitely not production methods. If nothing else, it is a legal liability thing. We can't have users giving other users what really amounts to medical advice. I think it is good that the knowledge is out there, but I can tell you for sure we can't afford to be hosting it here.

Sorry about that one, and I hope you can appreciate our reasons.
111  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: HYPER DIMENSIONAL RESONATOR! on: February 25, 2015, 14:58:26
And you brought back a 12 year old topic from the dead to point that out?   rolleyes

At this point... the OP is believed to have shaken the mortal coil.

And I am beyond knowing what this topic is even about!
112  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Spiritual Growth on: February 23, 2015, 23:45:09
Are you struggling with the question of "why are we here"?

I don't really have a definitive answer, and I gave up needing one.

I lean toward the view I first expressed, but I guess for me it is more about questioning assumptions, than about offering a solution, because I don't have one myself. That is sort of the thing about philosophy... it makes you better at recognizing incomplete arguments, but it also leaves you with fewer things you can actually know for sure, for the same reason.

I guess for me it is more I am content to know I just don't know  wink
113  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Spiritual Growth on: February 23, 2015, 15:07:46
Spiritual growth... everyone has heard me talk about your "Intent", right?  Well, in my perspective, your goal for being here is to "purify your Intent".
It means making good Love-based choices, while making Fear-based choices will corrupt your Intent.  Your Intent is what drives everything you do & say.

I mean this somewhat rhetorically, but when you speak of a being that must purify its intent, which being is this? We, that being, what other identity do we have? If as many of us here think, we are a sliver of the greater reality experiencing itself as an individual, why would the greater reality need to purify its intent? Doesn't the greater reality (god, higher self, source, whatever you want to name it) exist outside of time and space? If so, how could it possibly change? It is everything it is ever going to be, no?

This is one reason I am skeptical of world views that involve progression or accumulation of merit or purity, etc. The whole thing seems more coherent if we are simply experiencing a sliver of the greater reality at a time. If the greater reality is infinite, it is and is experiencing all things. We are just one shade of those experiences, in that world view.

I think current society has a positive view of change and progress. We always want to be improving ourselves, moving forward. Maybe we are projecting that view onto metaphysics. We want to feel we are constantly becoming better beings, and that the future will always be better than the past.  Maybe it is a matter of accepting the present moment for its own unique grace, and not needing it to be better than what came before, or needing the future to be better than the past.

I am not really proclaiming one view over another though. In the end they are all speculations. It is good I think to remind ourselves that our answers are far from complete. Always be wary of those that claim they have a grasp on truth, and be careful when your language begins to have too much certainty woven through it. I know it is a danger to me as well  wink
114  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Spiritual Growth on: February 23, 2015, 07:33:21
I am of the same opinion. I don't think we are progressing toward anything. I don't think we are accumulating merit or knowledge or anything like that... I also feel we are just out here experiencing... maybe for its own sake. The world just is, and we just are with it. At least that is how I see it.

115  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Instant Result Technique (for the desperate/newbie/beginner) on: February 23, 2015, 03:39:59
Yeah the person believes they are not sleeping, but they end up having "microdreams", which last 5-10 seconds at a time. The body figures you have a compelling reason for not sleeping, and so will just take the sleep at any point you sit down, as it can manage.

The waking world blends with the subconscious in ways very much like a projection in that situation.
116  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Instant Result Technique (for the desperate/newbie/beginner) on: February 23, 2015, 02:16:24
The hallucinations bit definitely sounds like classic hypnogogia. Pretty much everyone experiences that either every time, or at least frequently. And ditto on the above. Others have found sleep deprivation to help them, but it is not necessary, or the preferred way.
117  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Where does Sexual Pleasure come from? on: February 15, 2015, 18:33:38
The sensual and sexual are purely in our minds.

People learn to associate them with various parts of the body and stimulation of those areas, but if you are really self-aware of it, the entire thing transpires in your mind, and has no necessary connection to any part of the body in that way. What it really amounts to is a sort of positive feedback loop through the autonomic nervous system.

I think it is important to recognize that sexuality has been denigrated through history and various religions into being something unclean, rather than as a gift given to humanity that actually enables us to be more creative and empathetic beings.

I would disagree that sexuality is a low goal, as is almost universally believed. I would point out that Tantric Buddhists and many others have used sensuality as a path toward higher understanding and connection with  greater realities. It is one path of many. We are physical for a reason. Ever think that maybe we weren't given these bodies and their sensual character to hinder us, but rather to expand us?
118  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Why do people call Ep's Ap's? on: February 07, 2015, 09:56:08
On a horse there is Jason , a guy that has past life memories of having been a horse .

OMG... I think I heard his story on Coast to Coast one day. More than a little odd, but oh well, lol.

I remember him talking about how he missed having a master so much that he wanted a surrogate master in his current life  rolleyes
119  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Why do people call Ep's Ap's? on: February 02, 2015, 04:10:25
I just call any experience you have in a reality which you identify as not being this physical reality... a Projection.

Yes, same. To me, the other words just introduce more convoluted mysticism into it. The experience is flooring as it is. The problem with getting any more specific than that is that no one agrees what any of those other words actually mean.

Imagine if there were ten definitions of the word "horse", and everyone in your language randomly chose one of the ten. Would using the word really be effective if it could mean "house", or "snake", or "rock", or "ambulance"? You could figure it out by context in some cases, but in others, you would want to be damn sure which of those definitions you wanted to convey at the time.

So I like to avoid the terms all together, because they carry that baggage with them, and mean different things in different world views.
120  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Anyone familar with Buddism? on: February 01, 2015, 06:33:03
One or two  wink
121  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Why Astral Projections Feel “More Real” Than Physical Waking Life on: January 29, 2015, 19:51:53
There is only one thing you can say definitively about you own reality, "I am having an experience in the present moment." That is the only thing you can't argue with but you can only say it about yourself (am I wrong? Can anyone think of another?)

Yeah, there are really aren't THAT many things you can know definitively.

Another though that most people agree on is Descartes' "Cogito": "I think/perceive/experience, therefore I must exist".

Many people take for granted that if you are starting from a foundation of no knowledge, that proving you exist is a necessary  first step.

Other candidates may include the laws of logic. Many philosophers believe it is impossible for a reality to violate one of the basic logic laws and be stable (quantum physics asside). For instance, it is hard to picture a reality where the law of non-contradiction doesn't apply. Namely, that the same statement cannot be both true and false at the same time in the same circumstance in reference to the same thing. As an example, Mark has 3 apples / or plates / or protons. If that is a true statement, it cannot also be a false one too, otherwise "interesting" things happen logically, and every false statement simaltaneously becomes true according to the laws of logic.
122  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Why Astral Projections Feel “More Real” Than Physical Waking Life on: January 29, 2015, 11:04:25
Yet another language issue I think.

I understand what sentiment people are invoking when they say "it feels more real". The fact that "reality" doesn't admit of degrees, and that nothing that is experienced could be unreal asside, what I think people are talking about is the hierarchy of realities. Most realities are not "base" realities in the sense that they are grounded in the substrates of another reality.

For instance, take the computer game example that Tom likes a lot (and for good reason)- the computer game character's reality is dependent on and grounded in our own reality. There is a one-way direction of that dependence. Mario depends on this reality for his own reality, but this reality doesn't depend on Mario's reality (thankfully).

I think this is the concept people are expressing when they say that... that they have discovered that our current reality is lower on the dependence hierarchy chain by temporarily living outside of the illusion.
123  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Help me find this girl on: January 21, 2015, 01:26:28
I will be direct.

The attitude you are showing toward the person here does not sound healthy.

Consider the roles reversed. Consider a person comes to your door, and tells you that they took a picture of your clothes at the laundromat to remember you by, and that they found you again using psychic abilities, because they were so fascinated by you that they had to see you again.

Would you feel comfortable around this person?
124  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: what is the maximum number of spirit guides people can have on: January 20, 2015, 04:37:26
The same number of angels that can dance on the head of a pin, most literally.
125  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: How did you get here? on: January 19, 2015, 04:30:06
I remember another old site too... called "SpiritWeb" or something like that.

It had great information... and then suddenly it got filled with 400 articles on the various types of aliens there were, lol. Not that there aren't 400 kinds... but you know what I mean  rolleyes

The late 90's were like the second new age, lol, even cheaper than the first one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 82