The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 01, 2014, 18:38:19

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 72
1076  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Vague possibility Palin will enter 2012 election clearest sign of impending doom on: October 30, 2010, 23:32:00
Well, I will just reiterate then that I feel nothing of value is going to come from either of the major parties. They are both filled with liars, theives, religious zealots, or corporate puppets (usually some combination of the above). Our political system has become so divorced from reality that nothing is to be gained by continuing as we are. People are led to believe that there is nothing they can do to change any of it, and the best they can do is to elect the opponent of the person they despise the least. I think we need to somehow transcend the system.

I am only half-joking when I say that electing people like this guy make take us someplace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4o-TeMHys0
1077  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Vague possibility Palin will enter 2012 election clearest sign of impending doom on: October 30, 2010, 12:04:18
Yes, you are thinking of Godwin's law:

Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies)[1][2] is a humorous observation made by Mike Godwin in 1989 which has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin_Law
1078  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Vague possibility Palin will enter 2012 election clearest sign of impending doom on: October 29, 2010, 03:22:17
This is what I was thinking of, Nay:

She's way too conservative for me and my gut says that the way she stands in the public light is not who she really is. She also believes in "God's Plan" for america. No more christian conservatives in the white house please. Scary stuff.

I think I am with Stookie on this one.

We ended up in a decade of wars, partially because we had a guy who thought he was doing God's work to punish the Muslims, who's states make up an "Axis of Evil" (among other reasons I will not go into now). There may be big social problems today surrounding the expansion of Islam, and militant aggression among radicals, but he went about it in the worst possible way. And Palin seems to be cut from the same mold, using quasi-religious ramblings to justify jingoist belligerence.

When you are called to lead a country who's actions can have terrible repurcussions for the entire world, I think that you need to offer up much stronger justifications for your decisions than that you read something in a holy book that gave you ideas. Saying it's God's plan seems like an excuse to say that you can do whatever terrible things you want, and it was all fated, since it was what God wanted all along.

I have no problem with a leader with religious ideas. But as the head of a secular institution, that leader needs logical secular reasons to suppport their actions.

And again I am with Stookie saying that I have not seen the person worthy of such an office yet, who is not waist deep in corporate affiliations, religious zealotry, pre-conceived notions of what direction the government needs to be taking, and is cool-head enough and judicious enough to consider what is in the best interest of the world's population at every turn. I think a person like that would not look very impressive at a podium, for one thing.
1079  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Vague possibility Palin will enter 2012 election clearest sign of impending doom on: October 28, 2010, 01:23:09
I simply will never understand the visceral...hate?.. that some ppl feel towards certain politicians.

No, not hate at all. She seems like an okay person. But I think she would be dangerous to have in power. You can like someone, but still not like the idea of that person having command over atomic weapons. I don't think my mom should have atomic weapons.

I don't know why some find it uncomfortable for a women to have a role that is dominated by men.

For me it has nothing to do with her being a woman. It has to do with her using the fact that she is a woman as a means of leverage, as though it is a special qualification. I think the most mature thing for her to do would be to make it clear that her gender has no bearing on her political platform.

But as a Mom, I understand how hard it is to have your kids do the right thing.. I've been very lucky. 

I agree. Her children should not reflect on her. They are their own people, and make their own decisions. It is a sad tendancy our political system has for judging politicians by the sorts of families they have. It is very aristocratic, in the worst possible way.

I wasn't really directing my comment towards you Stillwater, though I did know you would comment.

Oh, that's okay Nay. I sorta' had the feeling you were speaking in a general, more rhetorical fashion. I did not mean my response to be personal either, though it was meant to address ideas you presented personally. No worries at all, I just tend to meet ideas as I see them is all! wink
1080  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Vague possibility Palin will enter 2012 election clearest sign of impending doom on: October 27, 2010, 19:38:42
I would take Palin over Obama ANY day. 

This man has become the liar in chief and it's an embarrassment how lacking in knowledge he is of how to run a country.  I don't know what people expected though.  The man was nothing more than a community organizer and was only a senator for like what... a hundred and fifty days before he decided to run for POTUS?  He had never ran a business, but Palin was Governor of Alaska for two years and Mayor of Wasilla Alaska for ten years.  IMO having experience is needed to be able to run the country.   If people would stop listening to media that is so far left we probably wouldn't be in the mess we are in now. 

Just a week or so ago Obama came forward and admitted that there is "no such thing as Shovel ready jobs" Yet that is what he campaigned with for the stimulus package at the start of his presidency, he and others in his administration repeatedly insisted the investments would go to "shovel-ready" projects -- projects that would put people to work right away. As recently as August, however, local governments are still facing delays spending the money they were allocated from the stimulus.  Don't even get me started on Pelosi, Reid, and Barney Frank...  They were in control for the last two years of Bush's term, yet people continue to listen to the liberal media and blame Bush for everything, heck, Obama and thugs are still blaming Bush even though he's been POTUS for two years.  When is he going to take responsibility?

Then I must reiterate that I made no comment about Obama whatsoever. Politics is not a binary game, however much Americans have been blinded into thinking so. Being ashamed of Palin does not mean I have any positive feeling for Obama, I can and do severely distrust both of them.

People are so indoctrinated into thinking that when some person criticizes one leader, it is because they support the leader of the other party. I think the reason for that may in part be what I call "election campaigning for president by default". Essentially the idea is to play up some of your own positive traits, but mainly to run all manner of attack adds to show the constituents why they can't possibly have the other guy, and what a monster he is. The purpose is mainly to have people think that regardless of who is running against him, they must be better than that scoundrel. The benefit of this is that the person running the adds can rely far less on their postive credentials.

Since people are so used to thinking in this way as a result of this and other techniques in the two party system, it seems it is easy then to think that a person's political arguments are taking the same form.

So I would say Nay, you can't defend Palin by saying that I must therefore like Obama, and point out his flaws. We know Obama is a corporate-owned buffoon. That does not redeem Palin in any way.

Palin has been campaigning by trying to appeal to the least common denominator. She asserts that being a woman is a positive feature that greatly impacts her ability to make good decisions, rather than taking the logical route of suggesting it is a feature which is irrelevant to her qualifications postively or negatively. Her greatest platform so far seems to be that, "Mama Grizzlies" need to rise and take what is theirs. While I have no idea what this means at all, it seems to be suggesting that she supports legislation that deals with children- which is funny, since she will cut education despite what her platform may or may not say.

She was governer of Alaska for a couple years, probably the richest state in the union, and she abandoned the position and the people of alaska she campaigned for.

It has been pointed out numerous times that her own education is lacking and that she has no grasp of even recent U.S. history, and has needed a board of tutors constantly cramming ideas such as the major events of WW2, or why the Korean War happened. You are not qualified to run a country if you have no idea where it has even been lately.

But I guess what I am getting at might be the idea that none of the people we have elected recently really have the total knowledge or abilities that it truly takes to run a country this complex. It really takes a very large board of people to do it effectively, and the idea that the constituents are electing one person, and not a whole council to the office is an antiquated notion perpetuated to oversimplify things to the point that people can get an emotional attachment to the one person.

1081  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Ouija Board on Halloween - stupid? on: October 27, 2010, 00:07:32
Well... my opinion is... who knows exactly what happens when you use a Ouija Board? It seems irresponsible to make a definitive statement about what might or might not happen, or how it funcitons, or what it can and cannot do. Bottom line I think is that no one is really qualified to say. I know a lot of people have had bad experiences with them, but it is anyone's guess why. It might be the subconscious expectation something bad will happen based on other people's accounts, or maybe some sort of guilt that it is a kind of mettling in something that should be left alone that manifest's a persons own fears. Maybe there really are entities being contacted.

It is one of those cases where it is impossible to separate the psychological element (it requires a person to move their own limbs to work, afterall, even if they don't think the movements are voluntary) from the lore surrounding the activity, and even possible metaphysical conotations.

I don't think using it on Halloween would have any significance, beyond expectations they bring to the table by using it then.
1082  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Vague possibility Palin will enter 2012 election clearest sign of impending doom on: October 26, 2010, 21:30:06
True. I don't really feel either of the two (there really aren't any more than that) political parties reflects my interests or what is in the interest of we here in the U.S., or the people of the world. They both treat the corporate world as a dangerous overlord which must be appeased, or will punish all, and don't stray from business as usual. What is needed now is something neither the radical conservtive party (Republican) or the moderate conservative party (Democratic) can willingly provide. Don't mistake my disgust for the one as praise of the other.

It is just that Palin seems like the most Romantic embodiement of what should never be in power, and is all the more likely to get it as a result.

If Sarah Palin gets the reins on the United States... that's checkout time.

I am working on my German Xanth... that is my ticket to Sweden, Denmark or Finland, until I got a foothold. Australia might not be a bad second if they won't have me there, lol, but the UK is too much like here now.  wink
1083  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Vague possibility Palin will enter 2012 election clearest sign of impending doom on: October 26, 2010, 20:48:28
Well, not much to say. This MSN article gingerly treats of the possibility of Sarah Palin running in the 2012 U.S. election by stating that McCain rejects the certainty of the notion, lol. But in doing so, it also unwillingly asserts the idea that it is a possibility that she may.

It seems like this is the last person whom should ever be elected to such a position; she makes Bush seem like an honor student. But should she be given the chance, I have faith that the same vote-tampering, weapons of mass distraction, gerrymandering and electioneering machine that managed to elect Bush twice will place her firmly in the oval office.

At which point, before she takes command, Jesus will spring from the womb fully formed, and decapitate her during a CNN live interview, and the emissaries of the galactic trade federation will come steaming in from the Proton belt to destroy planet X, disable the HAARP facility, spank the lizard people, and bring in some good vibrations. Glen Beck and Michael Moore will shake hands. Sylvia Brown will predict the sun will rise that day, and it does. James Randi will reveal that he has laser vision given to him by the Buddha, but that he wasn't able to tell anyone, as he was forced by a coalition of the Illuminati led by John Kerry and Jerry Springer to propogate a campaign of disinformation about the glorious metaphysical reality he is the cenerpiece of.

I think I know what is going to happen afterall.
1084  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Electronic Voice Phenomenon (EVP) on: October 26, 2010, 05:37:48
I am almost tempted to in that, "If everyone is so scared of them, they must do something really cool really fast" sort of way, lol.

I think it is the silly irrational fear that I have that if I do something like that the harm cannot be undone that stops me. Same thing that stops five-year-olds from saying "bloody Mary", lol.
1085  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Electronic Voice Phenomenon (EVP) on: October 25, 2010, 21:03:17
Here are some samples of this "Second type" I mentioned, which tends toward clarity and conversation:

http://www.worlditc.org/

(the way this odd site is setup does not allow a direct link, but from the homepage, go to the "sample contacts" sidebar, then to the "extraordinary contacts" sidebar after.)

The world ITC group was involved with the production of a device they claimed allowed them to have lengthy conversations with their contacts- they called it their "Spiricom".

Samples of the tapes they produced in the 50's/60's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzCuM4eKzHc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVivDuhGCOw&p=77D6FE393E7B4FDF&playnext=1&index=3
1086  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Merkel: Multicultural society has utterly failed on: October 25, 2010, 07:42:32
At my own peril I clicked on the links. What does a chinese dress have to do with this subject? Why do I even ask.... I know why you are here  cry
1087  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Awakening As One on: October 25, 2010, 07:39:33
That is an interesting idea, but I think a big obstacle is that there are many different viewpoints working in this site, and very few things accepts universally here. I think we are more a nexus of discussion then we are a single mind with respect to most ideas. There is a sort of "canon", which I would say contains ideas about 80% or so of us will agree with unquestioningly, however, and even certain ideas which are universally accepted.

The canonic ideas which most seem to agree with here:

-Projecitions reflect some sort of reality, be it mental or metaphysical not fully affirmed yet in the scientific community.
-Materialism is not likely to be the whole truth
-You can't get hurt in an OBE
-Anyone can OBE
-Evil has no cosmic place, only circumstantial manifestations (no great deceiver, etc)
-Robert Monroe is a swell guy
-Thought = action in OBE
-Bush was an agent of cosmic evil
-Things are not fully what they seem in our reality

I think this is a good start to the sorts of things you will find the widest agreement with here, but of course there will be scores that hold contention with each.
1088  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Electronic Voice Phenomenon (EVP) on: October 25, 2010, 07:12:52
Most of that stuff sounds like people snoring loudly into a microphone, and then they tell you it's a ghost saying "Comere!", or "Hi now!", or something totally random, like, "What are you!"

You can understand that I think most of that is people playing up nonsense to seem like something it surely isn't.

That is not to say there isn't a whole other category of EVP's that I have heard, where they have whole conversations about the other side. At least this second type, there is no doubt at all about the clarity, and you can focus on figuring out whether or not it is a hoax based on its own merits.

I believe it was some group calling it Instrumental transcommunication or something like that (ITC) that brought out all the better ones of the second type. The recordings have a late 19th century spiritualist ring to them, talking about seances, ectoplasm, and the "summerland", so this places doubt in my mind about them too, but who knows, it is certainly interesting. It was years and years ago I listened to them, but I can find some for you!
1089  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: I'm officially renaming the RTZ to DMZ on: October 24, 2010, 05:33:28
Haha.... anyone remember "ki beginner's nightmare"?  He used to say stuff like that all the time... and ask about how to shoot electrical bolts from his fingertips  grin

It was years and years ago... maybe stookie remembers!
1090  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: New York UFOs October 13th on: October 23, 2010, 03:47:04
Sylvia Browne predicted that Aliens would make contact in 2010... there's still time.

I would not hold my breath with Sylvia, lol... she has the track record of a magic eight ball  cheesy cheesy cheesy
1091  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: CERN scientists eye parallel universe breakthrough on: October 22, 2010, 01:03:08
ohhh... I misunderstood where the subjunctive qualification was intended to be made, lol. All good  wink

Like I said, just how I suspect things may work, that is all.
1092  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: CERN scientists eye parallel universe breakthrough on: October 21, 2010, 19:17:29
Well... I would imagine the relationship between the non-physical and the physical world might be much less like a balloon (physical) immersed under the ocean (non-physical), where you can rupture a boundary, and cause one to touch the other, and more like a compture (non-physical) running a program of pure data (physical). 

The program might be about a world of itself, with three linear dimensions, and the computer also exists in a three-dimensional world, but nowhere do these two spaces ever overlap. People in the program cannot go wandering, and someday find the computer, it doesn't work like that.

The physical might be thought of as a simulation the computer is running, while it simaltaneously runs other programs, which stay completely separate, and might one day be ended while it runs other programs. But that is just my thought.
1093  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Merkel: Multicultural society has utterly failed on: October 20, 2010, 02:18:32
Despite the fact that these topics are getting out of hand, I do agree that there is a real underlying issue here. I did my undergraduate thesis on ways of integrating heterogenous Islamic pockets of society with the urban fabric in U.S. cities. I met with several Imams in my city discussing the issue, with the intent of determing what social obstacles Islamic practice presented to this end. What I found again and again was dissatisfaction with the fundamental ways American society was arranged. This is not to say that American society is necessarily great as it is formed now, far from it, but rather that it is sharply rejected and opposed by the thought of men like these.

For instance, based on the Koran, the idea of collecting interest is a sin, since it allows the rich to profit from the debts of the poor. As a result, Muslims use radically different banking systems, where no interest is charged on loans, and loans are substantially harder to get. The Koran also urges it's commands to be brought to the highest heads of society- the ideal Islamic state should thus be a theocracy. Each of these imams assured me that it is the work of Satan to establish any other form of government.

So you can see that although these men were living in the U.S., they have great distaste for the way U.S. society is arranged. Muslims which hold closest to the Koran therefore feel an imperative urge to see that the principles which they believe in, and which their holy book tells them society should be based on come to consumation around them. The problems other societies which are seeing large influx of Muslims into their population thus face is that this group has a latent urge to transform any society they inhabit to reflect their theological principles.

This is not to say that this has never happened before in history. The U.S. has in recent years converted a large portion of the world into its own economic ideologies, and the remainder have been rendered mercantile states of cheap labor. But this was largely a mechanical sort of takeover, with no guiding principles other than profit motives. The expanding Islamic population of the world is being fueled by religious fervor, and this is one of the strongest forces we have met in human history. The issue may not be so much multi-cultural integration, so much as a gradual transformation of massive parts of Europe, until the pressure being exerted is counteracted by some other force, be it hate, war, government, or cultural revolution.
1094  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Merkel: Multicultural society has utterly failed on: October 19, 2010, 13:08:49
You made a nearly identical topic a year ago:

"The Multiculture experiment has failed"

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_news_and_media/the_multiculture_experiment_has_failed-t30405.0.htmlThat one was about muslim immigration in Sweden.

That one was about muslim immigration in Sweden.

This one is basically about muslim immigration in Germany.

You clearly have a commited interest in this area, lol.

On a side note, even being a speaker of German, hearing her angrily speak German at a podium making exagerated hand gesticulations forces a mental reference on me, lol, however trite that is.
1095  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: New York UFOs October 13th on: October 19, 2010, 01:48:36
Since there are many videos of the sighting in New york, and several of them show the skyline, it should be very easy to calculate a lot about the objects. It would be helpful if the location of the cameras was known, but even that is not needed, since the locations can be estimated based on the configuration of the buildings in view. With the location of the viewers known, the angle of the objects can be deduced relative to the buildings in sight. When two or more camera locations and angles are found, you should be able to determine the approximate location of the objects. Once the location is known, you can determine approximately how the large the objects are, based on their images to the various viewers. I could probably do it in a few hours using scaled images from google earth and some advanced trig  wink

If someone were to determine a ballpark size for these things, it would narrow the list of possible options for what they might be dramatically.
1096  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: New York UFOs October 13th on: October 18, 2010, 23:57:51
They're saying that they're just balloons...
That'd be my first guess.

The individual orbs themselves look balloon-like, but the pattern in which they fly is an extremely rigid trinangle; if they were balloons, this would mean that they were held in this shape by some sort of rigid frame. It is definitely possible that they are balloons, but I don't know why they would be held in a frame like that if so.
1097  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Nothing is going to happen 2012 on: October 18, 2010, 23:40:37
i would say that at this rate we're more likely to be borg.

But the borg want to be perfect- they have a pretty good drive for self-improvement. Humanity would make lazy, status-quo borg, who end up making pears because spheres are too hard.
1098  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: I'm officially renaming the RTZ to DMZ on: October 18, 2010, 12:08:20
Who are we fighting?

Lol- you mean who are we staring down, blaring propaganda toward, and launching fireworks at  wink

... to which the most rational answer is ourselves. So I guess we are the denizens of the DMZ, kind'a like the RTZ.
1099  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / Re: Time Travel on: October 17, 2010, 19:33:41
i have been reading this thread and i was wandering whether anyone has used the akashic records to see what is says about physical time travel. because surely there must be some information in there about how physical time travel can be achieved.

People who mention the Akashic records generally say that they are availible on a "permission" basis. I am not saying this is true, but it is one possible explanation for why this information has not been accessed, should the Akashic be exactly as people say it is. Or maybe it has been accessed, and you are not aware, since the person who did had a mind to keep it hush-hush?

surely a small time gate or portal could be built now probably only few centimeters big.

Lol... what do you base this supposition on, with such a determinate consideration of what sizes an object which is not even accepted to be possible should be manufactured at?

And welcome to the forums  wink
1100  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Area 51 and other assumed mysterious areas and our own manifestations on: October 16, 2010, 23:42:53
Firstly am not asking whats at area 51 or anyother crazy place . I am just saying suppose that area 51 is only a weapons testing ground and we all believe that its some mysterious place.

Well, area 51 probably is a weapons design and testing ground. That doesn't mean there isn't anything interesting about it. The U.S. black budget is massive; years ago it was 30 billion per year, and I can only assume it is well byond that now. Further assuming that money produces some sort of result, there are certain to be marvels of some sort or another in places like this, Dreamland, Los Alamos, etc.

And Do you really think the U.S. gov. will allow unapproved satellite images of their bases to be online? Nothing they don't want people to see will be visible.

But I think what you are asking is whether or not ideas people have about a place will create a mental world in the astral which it is possible for you or I to visit without ourselves creating it. I would be very tentative about answering a question like that. It first assumes that astral experiences occur in an objective, shared space, since otherwise you could not access the ideas of others in the astral, and that the real-time zone has a direct correspondence to the waking world, not one which is generated by personal intent.

I would say that I suspect that much (if not more than that) of what we experience in OBE is generated by personal expectations or memories. I think the first thing you would find in an area 51-type place is what you expect to be there. To see more than that would bring with it the assumption that this shared mental world which everyone can affect is accessible to us in real time zone experiences- that is the hinge concept I think.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 72