The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. February 06, 2016, 02:05:01

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 83
1076  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Whats Happening Towards 2012 our New World on: May 25, 2011, 03:44:28
By the way, love your avatar, dear.

Thanks, Gp.

I have always been fond of Krishna, having come to metaphysics first through Hindu and Upanishadic-yogic traditions.

I think that if God exists as such, the image of the ambiguous flute-playing youth making merry in the forest, meditating on the song of life and seducing young women to join him is the most accurate depiction of the playful and everloving spirit of the world I could ever imagine.

I think God likes to have a good time.

(And I now have 1000 posts  cool )
1077  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Whats Happening Towards 2012 our New World on: May 24, 2011, 20:36:05
Ether2's post is exactly in line with the charter for this group:
Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages
Discussions about everything related to the predicted 2012 and Transition of the Ages including the Mayan  Calendar, Earth changes and general associated events and phenomena such as Crop Circles, and other empirical evidence of 2012 related factors including Out of Body Experiences, Astral experiences and Dreams as we move closer to this eschaton
Quite an esoteric charter don't you think?
Therefore, I find Ether2's post is exactly on topic.
Actually it is heart warming to read somebody posting about positive changes in the world. I have a theory, that if we all think and act positively enough, we can create the most beautiful positive energy, creating positive effects in the world around us. I know I am not alone in this theory.
Ether2, can I ask you a question: How many people have asked you, "So how can I get involved with what you are doing? It sounds fantastic!" - Well, let me ask you publicly. I would be honored to work with you personally.

You are a being of Majesty, Light, Love and Honor.

Fair enough, in a quixotic, but still endearing way  wink
1078  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Whats Happening Towards 2012 our New World on: May 24, 2011, 17:49:44

And he doesn't learn. He comes back with yet a third prediction for the rapture, this one a few months away again. Or maybe it is the people who listen to guys like this and take it on faith who need to learn.

1079  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Extremely vivid dream recalled, structured around external stimuli on: May 24, 2011, 17:39:10

I tend to have pretty sophisticted dream recall for the most part, but I was actually able to recall about 2 hours or so of somewhat humorous dream narrative I had in late stage REM last night.

The first cohesive part I can recall surrounded the concept that I had discovered a mouse in my home. The home I was living in does not resemble any house I have ever stayed at, but I recognized it as my own in the dream. The plan I hatched in-dream with to put a baseball mit on, and use that to hold the mouse so it could not bite me as I took it outside; for some reason, I had extreme difficulty putting the mit on, as I kept mis-picturing the structure of my hand, and mis-aligning the glove itself, such that I could never figure out which orientation to put the mit on, and my thumb seemed to keep changing position on my hand, as my mental image of my hand changed to reflect the difficulty I had in putting on the mit. After literally minutes of trying, I resigned to putting on the mit backwards, and I quickly scooped up the mouse and carried it outside. It bit me on the wrist anyhow as I was putting it down, leaving an outline of teeth that were more akin to a general herbivore's mouth, than a mouse with long incissors. After this, I faded out until the next REM stage.

The next portion of the dream, I am in the same house (which I called my own), and which was then revealed to be quite extensive in the number and size of rooms. Shortly after this sequence began, finding me in my bedroom, a large group of German people came and literally appropriated my home in a militant fashion. They were not dressed as soldiers, and did not seem to have a military command structure, but they were rather dressed in upper-class formal attire. Although they did not seem to be military, I somehow knew they were well-armed, and they seemed to comprise some sort of para-military group. They seemed to lose sight of me at some point, and I began to covertly wander the home, looking for a way to escape. I saw some maids they brought with them cleaning up the home, polishing everything to near-mirror finish, and bringing in aristocratic-looking furniture, as though they were rendering the home suitable as the base of operations for a high-ranking group of people. I attempeted to remain unnoticed as the menials wnet about improving our former home, and I htink I slipped out when the German para-militants came under fire from another group.

The third sequence was about traveling through a ruined city. I was in possession of some sort of device which was capable of altering the laws of reality, and of completely changing history by some parallel means. I was walking around the desserted ruins, intermittently using this device, and watching the results as reality changed to reflect whatever alterations I made. At some points, a river sprang up where once there wasn't one, the laws of mathematics were altered, to curious results, and the structure of the buildings changed drastically, as the history of the civilizations living there changed.

The fourth and final sequence seemed to blend out of the third one, and revolved around the trip an indigenous-looking bronze-skinned woman was making with her two small children up a winding river; I watched the action from a third-person perspective, as her journey progressed. The funny part about this last sequence was that I woke up in the midst of it, and walked to the living room to find that a family member had left the television on all night to the Discovery Channel or something; the program that was on was about the New Guinea natives who first took a boat-trip with the intention of colonizing Australia thousands of years pre-history. I found it humourous how the dream seemed to be structured around hearing this program in the other room, and wondered if that was also true of the earlier dreams in some way.

This effect also reminds me of when I have fallen asleep with the radio or some music playing, and my dreams have these transcendent soundtracks to them, where I am partially hearing the music in waking life, and my mind makes improvements and modfications to it, and fits it to the situation.
1080  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Whats Happening Towards 2012 our New World on: May 24, 2011, 15:27:46
Haha, partially so maybe, but I think it depends on which sections you read too. I feel like tha same volume of projection-related discussion goes on in earnest, but there are now new sections which get alot of fringe material now too (the 2012 secion is somewhat new, for example).
1081  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / National Geographic running special about world responses to alien attack on: May 22, 2011, 17:57:45
I thought this was sort of a curious show, featured by National Geographic. It might be interesting, I will see if there is someplace online I can see it later.

The information about overview, episodes and some video footage here:

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/when-aliens-attack/5357/Overview

It is interesting... perhaps a response to all of the fictional media depicting aliens attacking major cities on a world-scale.

I can't help but think of something Wernher Von Braun (a father of rocketry)  is often quoted with, saying that in the coming years those with a deep-seated agenda for militarization of the world and its reasources would, after they had exhausted talking about more local threats of world nuclear opponents, use the suggested threat of potential alien invasions to persuade the public into giving them the backing they need to carry out their militant wishes. I can't help but see a fraction of truth to this view, considering statements like this are attached to the show's overview:

"Small nuclear missiles like the W-54 warhead might be humanities best shot at fighting an extra-terrestrial ground invasion force."

There are some people who address the "Fermi Paradox" (If intelligent life is so mathematically likely to be common, why don't we see evidence of it?) by saying that perhaps there is a good self-preservation motivated reason for alien civiliations not to seek contact, and maybe alien civilizations even surmise that if they themselves have never been contacted, that their peers must also have good reasons not to seek contact. If this is so, perhaps there is indeed great danger in possible contacts; there is no way to know for certain, however.

It is quite unclear to me what potential motivations an alien civilization might have in seeking contact of some kind or another, and they may make contact for either violent and aggressive reasons, or more altruistic ones, but it does seem to me the one is depicted far more readily than the other...
1082  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: CDC Warns Americans to Prepare for Zombie Apocalypse on: May 22, 2011, 11:24:45
Tickleberries. That is a superior name. You win the namegame.

I think the CDC is joking around, getting people to consider their disaster-preparadness strategies in a more general sense.

But who knows... maybe they are engineering the Umbrella T-Virus or whatever, and are preparing to carry out the next step of their illuminati overlords' "final solution"  wink
1083  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: may 21 6 pm the worlds is going to end on: May 22, 2011, 11:19:22
No wonder there are so many predictions about the world ending, I wish it would too. The difference with me is I am taking responsibility for it in a peaceful way. What are you doing?

I have heard this statement quite a few times here over the years: "I wish the world would end." In my opinion, this statement reflects much about both the world and the individual at the same time.

I don't blame you for thinking this way, but I do suggest maybe it would be useful for reflecting on why you think this; for instance, is there is some psychological need you have that can only be fulfilled by destruction, or moving on to a non-phsyical life? Are you disgusted with what you see happening around you, and wish it would all go away? Do you think that perhaps what would emerge out the disasters would be a new, better and more just world, or one of transcendce? Maybe it would and maybe it would not, but maybe the problem is also one of perspective. I am definitely not saying you have to just accept wrongs and inequities in the world, but perhaps it is a matter of getting past them, and making your life about what you want it to be? I think ultimately wanting the world to end is about wanting something the world is not providing you with, so maybe you can skip the tribulations step and get on to changing your perspective in the present, or seeking meaning on your own.  wink

A just person wants paradise, but some would say paradise is how you think and feel when you are there, not where you are!
1084  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: may 21 6 pm the worlds is going to end on: May 22, 2011, 01:05:09
Donald Trump

This guy is indeed a loony toon; our society is perverse for thinking that loony toons that also happen to come with money or celebrity should be given the public eye or that their opinions should be entertained, yet the media hangs on this fiend's every word. He has used the power given to him by his father to conive and defraud the public, often out of millions of dollars. It is convenient that someone with 10's of billions of dollars can back out of his housing development contracts, but that the people who actually purchased homes in those developments are out sometimes hundreds of thousands a piece. I can just see it now... GOP ticket 2012: Trump-Palin; that is the apocalyptic event I have in mind.
1085  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: may 21 6 pm the worlds is going to end on: May 21, 2011, 15:12:53
6 Pm eh?

6 Pm where?

Is Jesus making stops by time zone? Did he catch up with our new-fangled system?
1086  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Closer to Truth on: May 20, 2011, 11:39:41
I like this resource alot. I got my side degree in philosophy, and in those studies, the number of fundamental questions I encountered that really go unaddressed and taken for granted by virtually everyone was astonishing to me; very basic questions, like why does the universe exist rather than not exist, why can parts of the universe have first-person ontological exerperiences (our minds), and can there possibly be such an objective concept of "good" even at all never seem to get spoken of, since their short answers seem self-evident, but in examination are anything but; several of them are possible to dedicate your life to exploring, and never get closer to answering; furthermore, many of these questions tend toward recognizing that nearly all of the scientific disciplines for explaining various aspects of our world are fundamentally connected (universe cannot be fully explained without accounting for consciousness, etc).

For these reasons, it is noteworthy to me that this series recognizes the necessary unity of scientific and philosophical inquiry (without taking important questions as answered somehoe a priori, rather than merely going on a materialists-only trip) and draws attention to the immutable  necessity of explaining the several facets with one unifying framework. I also like that the information and interviews are not soley organized as a TV series, but rather as a rubric of related philosophical questions and their explorations. I get the feeling that the interviews were not conducted with specific episodes in mind, but carried out as a body, and episodes sort of coallesced from assembling related interviews together.

A good find as always, Stookie! wink
1087  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What does everyone think of this? on: May 19, 2011, 22:22:12
And may I add...it is attachment and fear (also the fear of losing something) that creates pain.

1st Noble Truth of Buddhism, as I am sure you intended.

Hard to ascertain how true it is, as its fullest truth would partially depend on whether karma and reincarnation were true, since if they were not, then there would be much pain in a person's life they could not be responsible for, but on the whole I think spot on.
1088  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What does everyone think of this? on: May 19, 2011, 08:47:56
Sometimes I feel like Hawkings is saying these things lately to get a rise out of people, lol; he wants to see how emotional and ruffled people get about a random comment he made in an offhand way. I know that is probably not the case, but it sure seems like it sometimes, lol.

I think the fair conclusion we can make in this case is that he is not in a definitive position to really prove what he is arguing here, just as very few if any of us are ever in a definitive position to even begin to prove what we surmise; proof in general is a tall order, and a truly rigorous one is out of anyone's reach for all but the most mundane of statements, like self-evident reflections such as "there is a world of some kind because I am here to comment on it", etc.

That does not mean that there is not some insight in what he has said. I think he is right to conclude that very much human "spirituality" starts from a premise of fear of death, and develops in a direction that mitigates these fears; it probably has a lot to do with our survival instincts going out of control when they first encounter the concept that we might fail to exist at all.
1089  The Astral Library / Welcome to Writers Corner! / Re: Write an Enlightening Verse on: May 18, 2011, 22:16:48
Did this last month, haha, not many people replied. Mine was a similar premise, about linking Schopenhauer and Dae De Jing, etc.

mine was:

The man of the hill was a woman with few noses, with as many names as children, as many children as noses, and names as plentiful as water in the ocean.
1090  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Tom Campbell's Forum Get-Together Video on: May 16, 2011, 21:00:45
I recommend reading only part 3, that's enough. I found that there is too much repetition in his book(s).

The guy sure likes to be thorough, that is for sure. I myself do like to draw things out, and meet all the points, but he takes it to an artform in most cases. I remember feeling that there were ocasionally curious omissions from what should not have been straight-forward concepts, but that on the whole he lays out steps 1.1, 1.15, 1.16, etc, and shows his work- which is sorely needed in this field, since you can't ask people to constantly be taking leaps of faith.
1091  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Was Jesus Gay? on: May 16, 2011, 20:54:36
10 seconds Wow we got people looking back how the universe was made billions of years ago

Yeah, but they are only looking back, and surmising from aparent data; if you could see ten seconds into the future- that would be a real skill. You would never be hit by a bus, get shot... would be an excellent sports player... you could win the lottery if you waited to the last minute, haha  wink
1092  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Was Jesus Gay? on: May 16, 2011, 11:10:13
Interesting conversation.

I heard that Jesus was a woman, and that she had chainsaws for arms, and could see 10 seconds into the future.

1093  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: The Fate of Frank Kepple on: May 15, 2011, 21:16:16
1094  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Sharks Dying by the Dozens on: May 15, 2011, 08:37:53
I want to say no, mainly because it is only affecting a certain region near California, and only in these Leopard sharks as far as we have seen, which are not trans-oceanic swimmers. My best guess is some kind of localized pollution which their prey is ingesting, or just a disease they caught.
1095  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: what do you eat? on: May 15, 2011, 08:31:09
Now few people, atleast in the US, grow any food at home. It isn't that they don't have the means, it is that they just don't. I drive around and see acres and acres of nicely mowed lawns. There are houses sitting on atleast 1 acre, though many times a lot more than that, with nothing but grass on them. What do they do with that grass? They just mow it. What a waste!

I read this and I get a mental image of a suburban street, where the front yards are full of carrots and broccoli. wink

And yes, having yards full of grass, which demands care year-round, and provides no benefit, or even aesthetic appeal, is asinine; I think we can thank the 18th Century French for this concept; I also have no doubt the image of a yard full of grass has been partially propogated by corporate interests back in the 30's wanting to sell fertilizers and lawn-care products that serve no ultimate purpose.

I sewed my yard full of wildflowers, lol. The neighbor boys are always asking to mow it for money, but it looks better to me as it is.
1096  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Osama Bin Laden's Primary Focus No Longer F1! on: May 14, 2011, 22:10:13
He did get a bit strong, but I am not sure why he was banned either.
1097  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Osama Bin Laden's Primary Focus No Longer F1! on: May 14, 2011, 02:51:53
Yes, this topic is getting a bit too heated. Issues of political opinion generally don't seem to invite gentle conversation  undecided
1098  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Osama Bin Laden's Primary Focus No Longer F1! on: May 13, 2011, 21:48:58
Because honest readers see and know those quotes for what they are. Instructions for that Hebrew leader and how he was to cunduct himself in that situation in space in time.

So the Bible is the Word of God which Christians are absolutely held to, but they can decide what parts they want to follow, and what they resonate with? If that were so, what makes the Bible different from a book like Catcher In the Rye? A Christian can take the parts of that book they resonate with, and say the rest is mere rhetoric.

And that is ok with me, that makes sense. But then why does this same clause not apply to Islam? Why are not the calls to the slaying of infidels not merely instructions to a militant group in the 6th/7th Century, that needs to fight to live and propogate itself? Why are the Old Testament verses relics of the past that should not be practiced today, but the verses from the Quoran binding to all Muslims at all times?

If you can't see the instruction in your own quote limiting the action to family here... I will quote your own post for you;

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods,...

Sheesh...

But that is another verse, not the verses in question. I stated we were speaking about the third verse in question, not any other verse in the Bible.

I don't mean to be argumentative, just precise.
1099  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Osama Bin Laden's Primary Focus No Longer F1! on: May 13, 2011, 21:09:50
You are making excuses in the "oh, everyone does that sort of thing" type claim and that claim is total BS. The third quote you point to says to kill a friend or family who tries to turn you away from your faith. Nothing about GLOBAL Jihad.

I read your Bible quotes and there is nothing that commands Jihad. NOTHING.

you are just making stuff up. Do you have no integrity?

How am I making stuff up? This is in every Bible; you can pick one up and find it. Ok, let's take this piece by piece. There is no mention of the words "family" or friend in these verses. Now all of the Bible is the Word of God transmitted through the gospel writers and the Propehets, and everything found therein makes up man's covenant with God; any Christian or Jew is BOUND to these laws, or faces God's unmitigated wrath. This states that in no uncertain terms, any place Christians and Jew are taking residence, and so much as one other person there professes to another faith, those Christians and Jews need to "attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock.  Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it.  Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God.  That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt." Furthermore, pretty much any town on the face of the earth Christians and Jew are living has at least one person in it professessing another faith. Ergo, about 98% of the world, save some communes and such, should be destroyed, never to be rebuilt, with every person in them slaughtered.

How this does not equate to Jihad, or has to do with friends and family, I don't know.

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods.  In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully.  If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock.  Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it.  Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God.  That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt.  Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction.  Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you.  He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors.  "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."  (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)
1100  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Osama Bin Laden's Primary Focus No Longer F1! on: May 13, 2011, 19:01:24
Yes, there are all sorts of exhortations to violence in the OLD TESTAMENT. But they are nothing compared to the commands of another holy book which REQUIRES all the faithful to wage Jihad for the expressed purpose of subjugating the entire world under their rule. There is no Christian Command to conquer the world.

Did you read the third I listed carefully, lol?

In order to carry out that command from God, and be spared his wrath, the Christians and Jews of the world should and must slaughter pretty much everyone on earth, since there are people of different religions in pretty much any city or town you look now.

I am not making excuses for terrorists- you suggest more motives I have never pursued. I am simply furthering my counterargument against the claim someone made earlier that Islam is the only religion whose holy book calls for mass jihad; there are unequivocal calls to jihad in the Bible, and Christians have acted on them too.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 83