The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 22, 2014, 16:14:40

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 76
1076  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: If you live in the US... on: February 09, 2011, 06:27:12
MONSANTO.

That is all that needed to be said.

Pretty sure Monsanto is one of the four horsemen... not sure if it is Famine or pestilence though. Maybe it could be both?
1077  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / Re: BBC Horizon (2011) - What is Reality? on: February 06, 2011, 04:18:49
Well it is theoretical at the moment. They are devoloping terminology to describe what must be the case if certian guesses or suppositions are true, and they need language to describe that. The distinction between the terms "universe" and "multiverse" expresses the separation of the models of reality each of them describes. Introducing a new term emphasizes the idea that it is a new way of looking at existence, while retaining the older term allows it to have part of its old meaning.
1078  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / Re: BBC Horizon (2011) - What is Reality? on: February 05, 2011, 19:44:59
How can there be a plural to it if it is already supposed to encompass the entirety of it?

Many people take "universe" to mean the whole of the physical, material (matter and energy) entity of which our planet is a part, and which is contiguous across a spatial plane.

It is believed that there are possibile other "universes" like our own, that are separated by some uncrossable barrier. This may be because they are separtated on other timelines which can never cross or interact, or are places where opposite possibilities in seemingly random quantum events are played out alternatively. They may also be places which exist in entirely separate spatial volumes, which are governed by entirely different physical laws or constants than our universe.

So some people take "multiverse" to denote the whole of this collection of separte universes, which never interact or affect one another, but nonetheless all exist.

If this seems strange, I guess you can also consider the example of the word "atom", which was meant to denote the smallest indivisible unit of matter. When subatomic particles were found that comprised these, atoms still retained their name, even if it was apparently no longer literally true. It might be the same with "universe"; we may have used the word once to denote the entirety of existence, and meant by this a certain physical entity which seemed to comprise the totality of all things; if this should prove to be inaccurate, the physical universe might still retain this name.
1079  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: UFO over Jerusalem Video... What dya think? on: February 04, 2011, 22:38:36
Yeah, while I do think that it is highly probable, to the point of very near certainty there is an alien prescence about us, incongruously almost all images and videos depicting possible evidence, including this one, are incredibly dodgy.

They are always out of focus for one, and that is never a good sign. Could be anything, with a blur like that- moving lights, video edits, or even an out of focus object a close range.

But nonetheless, in principle thanks for posting it, since awareness of all the possibilities and availible media is always beneficial, even if this one particular case seems to have been discredited.
1080  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Movie - "Enter the Void" on: February 03, 2011, 23:54:23
Oh, I definitely thought it was fitting- in fact, if I recall corretly, the Book of the Dead does say that the soon to be reincarnated will see countless copulating couples, in the midst of conception; and for a movie that dealt so heavily with the subconscious mind, even more so, since sex is a major subliminal part of our lives, whether people choose to acknowledge it or not.

I just found it funny how front-and-center, and overwhelmingly central it was.
1081  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Movie - "Enter the Void" on: February 03, 2011, 17:45:44
I did enjoy this film.

It is notable to me that none of the characters is really billed as heroic, despite their ocasional triumphs; the forgoing of this convetional literary structure allows the film to tell a story about human reality and nature instead. I also found there to be very strong subconscious elements sewn into the film, with many genuinely sublime and uncomfortable moments- one thing the film does supremely well is to show what transcendent value one single moment of shared, serene repose can have. The director is up there with Ingmar Bergman on this one point, at least.

There is also an almost comic amount of sexuality, with bizzarely long amounts of the films devoted to countless (literally dozens) of sexual encounters, but I guess this sort of works with the subconsious themes.

Recomended, but clearly not for everyone; requires patience, but it was well worth it to me.
1082  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: personalreality - Cosmic Hart on: January 31, 2011, 06:09:07
Good work, I like the tracks.

I have dabbled in music theory a while, and had considered playing with electronic music composition, but the process has always mystified me.

For instance, what is the thought sequence in their formation, in your case? Do you start with a chord progression, and add counterpoint and backbeat, or do you start with ripped vocal sample, and do the same around it? Or do they maybe start directly at the percussion? It was never clear to me, haha.

And do you synthesize your own instrument voices from scratch, or do you work with a library of instruments pre-made? I know both is done, but I don't know how common either approach is.

And what applictions do you use in your process- sequencing, post-prodction, etc?

Sorry to ask so many questions, haha- just trying to get a handle of how this works!  rolleyes
1083  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I want to die on: January 29, 2011, 12:07:55
Kind of you to add some words of encouragement while you... insert an advertisement... into a nine-year-old thread...
1084  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: World Business Leaders told Aliens are real on: January 29, 2011, 07:20:28
Hi Lexy, thanks for posting this.

Just a note, in the future when you make a directic quote like that, make every effort to differentiate the quote from your own statements- for instance, I might have done something like this:

-------------

Quoted from article, link below:

"At five thousand dollars a ticket, some business leaders got more than they bargained for when they attended the first day of the Global Competitiveness Forum (GCF) being held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. They were told flying saucers are real, and they had better start thinking about the business implications of extraterrestrial life and technologies. Convened each year by the Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority, the GCF brings together business and political leaders to discuss ways of promoting business competitiveness. For the first time at its annual conference, the GCF held a panel discussing UFOs and extraterrestrial life. Titled “Learning from Outer Space” the panel comprised five speakers who all endorsed the view that extraterrestrial life is real, and has many implications for the world as we know it."

NEWS ARTICLE

----------------

The main reason is that when I read your post, I literally thought they were your words, until I read the article.

It is pretty funny that a conference on international business awareness of the implications of alien life and technologies should have happened in Saudi Arabia, seeing as they are the world center for the established oil economy, and the ones who would conceivably be left farthest in the dust by an energy revolution. We are always hearing, true or otherwise, that the oil industry is trying to buy out or silence the pioneers of alternative energy systems, and it seems like the greatest contribution that the oil lobby would make is to violently suppress energy developments that damages oil's hold.

1085  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Solar Storm Activity for 2011-2012 on: January 27, 2011, 11:26:27
Why does something big and terrible, necessitating much suffering need to happen for your life to be exciting though?

You could just as easily make your life exciting on your own, without the need for external events to impose on you and everyone else. You might think differently if you were among the lot not coming out of so unscathed, lol.

did anyone read this, i got linked to it and i wasn't really "reading" it, just seemed like mumbojumbo but it's relevant.

http://islamthesolution.tumblr.com/post/2943432230/nasa-confirms-the-possibility-the-sun-could-rise-from

Lol... the people this article is meant to reach have a vested interest in the poleshift idea happening, because it validates scriptural prophecy for them; the article and any research cited must clearly have this very openly stated bias attached to it.

1086  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Solar Storm Activity for 2011-2012 on: January 27, 2011, 01:21:23
NASA is not exactly infallible, lol. They are just a bunch of reasonably talented phycists and engineers. They are limited by the data that they are able to gather or are provided with, and also limited in what they are permitted to say for political and regulatory reasons.
1087  The Astral Library / Welcome to Book Reviews! / Re: The best book. on: January 27, 2011, 01:17:12
Depends on what you are looking for.

Robert Bruce and Robert Monroe have good books relating to projection, excelling in differnt ways.

Thomas Campbell and Charles Tart have some interesting books relating to the nature of reality and metaphysics in general, with OBE as a central theme.
1088  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Shakti helmet? on: January 26, 2011, 08:22:29
First of all, Shakti does not use "electromagnetic" stimulation. It uses magnetic fields that become stronger and weaker, millisecond to millisecond, to mimic the patterns that appear in specific EEG traces. The electromagnetic radiation that cause concern with cell phones, power lines, and nuclear technology have nothing to do with Shakti. Shakti produces magnetic fields using simple magnetic coils. the actual output from Shakti is no different from common magnets, except that Shakti's magnetic fields change their strength constantly. Holding a magnet to your head is safe, and so is Shakti. Shakti does not put electricity into your head, although there are neural stimulation devices that do.

But as has been mentioned, it is a basic law of electromagnetism that electrical currents induce magnetic fields around them, and that conversely magnetic fields also induce electrical currents.

You can't in the same breath say that electromagnetic stimulation is not used, and that magnetic fields are applied- they are nearly synonomous.

Perhaps you would not hesitate to hold a kitchen magnet to your head, but maybe you would think twice about an industrial solenoid.
1089  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Shakti helmet? on: January 26, 2011, 04:16:18
I would have to agree with CFT... this does not sound safe, or tested.
1090  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Shakti helmet? on: January 25, 2011, 23:37:31
Still can't really say... never seen a device like that, or heard of anyone having gotten benefits from one, and I have been here a decade.

What is really common to hear, though, is people using "binaural beats" systems to achieve the delta-stage projection state, such as the Monroe Institute and other sources produce. These work by entraining brain freqencies to the difference between two tones, one played in each ear. It sounds like a very similar concept, and much better known ( and safer, I would imagine).
1091  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Shakti helmet? on: January 25, 2011, 08:29:45
Lol... tell us more... you seem to know much more than I.

From the mere name, it sounds like it may just be a scam, but who knows! wink
1092  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Government preventing Astral Projection/Spiritual Awakening on: January 22, 2011, 15:53:47
Governments cannot prevent anyone from anything of the like

Most likely true

however we have recently been preventing them (governments etc) from things such as OBE AP spiritual Awakenings etc things that are talked about on sites as such
in fact we have even gone as far as taken away their guides

LOL... what does that mean, exactly?
1093  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / Re: Another Thomas Campbell Video on: January 21, 2011, 07:30:10
Yeah, I have enjoyed his lectures in the past too- I agree with his hardcore rationalist approach to metaphysics, and think that if you are simaltaneously open-minded and skeptical as he says, there is very much about the materialist system of views that does not add up.

I cannot say for certaint that he is right about everything he says, but I also have often thought that it was very plausible that the purpose of our existence was to live and experience in as many possible modes and ways as possible, to enrich the existence of consciousness itself.
1094  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Grey Aliens and Harvesting of Souls on: January 21, 2011, 07:13:29
That's what Icke says too.

Yeah, but I think that is because a lot of these alien conspiracy-type people feed off of one another's ideas.

They might think it gives them credibility that they all say similar things, but in reality I think it just shows they all plagerize one another, lol.

Or maybe they read one another's written thoughts, and read the same thing so many different times from different sources they begin to accept it as fact themselves- I am sure this is how a lot of the bogus conspiracy theories spread.

I am not saying that all of the outlandish things they preach will prove to be untrue, but that you need to make reasonable judegements, and look for sources at all times.
1095  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Government preventing Astral Projection/Spiritual Awakening on: January 10, 2011, 15:25:48
Errors and vandalism rates on wikipedia have been greatly exaggerated; studies have been done and they found approximately the same rate of errors on Wikipedia as were on the Encyclopedia Brittanica, an international standard source.

Even if it is not always citation-worthy, wikipedia offers one of the best sources for introductory summaries on a vast number of topics, many of them subjects which would never get an article on any other encyclopedia, and the frequency of relavent updates to wikipedia articles ensures that they are always up to date.

The greatest rate of vandalism occurs on articles of political interest, but even here it rarely lasts more than an hour before it is discovered and etched out. If you take wikipedia for what it is, namely a source which anyone can edit, but has a self-correcting community of members keeping it in order, and use it accordingly, I think anyone would have to admit it is a profound resource.
1096  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Any Taoists here? on: January 09, 2011, 22:36:47
I love the Zhuangzi- I would say it is one of my top ten favortie books of all time- I can read it over and over. The Tao de Jing is good too, but it is so nebulous and inscrutible at times- even Zuangai scholars don't really agree with how it should be translated, or even if it has been passed to us unaltered or corrupted. The Zhuangzi on the other hand, manages to be both earthy and transcendent at the same time, and perfectly encapsultes what Daoism means to me.

And I definitely understand where you are coming from separating ritual from philosophy... ritual Daoism has absorbed parts of Neoconfucianism and Shang ancestor worship, and does not at all follow directly from earliest Dao teachings- it is essentially its own entity, and really only Daoism by association.
1097  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / Re: Quantum Jumping?? on: January 08, 2011, 23:07:25

I don't think it really matters how he holds his thumbs..... and to say he's hitting keys without any harmonic structure..... is your hearing OK?   I play a bit, and I play other instruments, and I completely disagree that he's just hitting keys.

Well, You can just play a series of moderately spaced intervals, a bunch of fourths and sixths, etc, without any real structure, and it will come off as being a chromatic jazz piece. I mean, you can play intervals that would normally sound terrible, like minor seconds, and as long as they are played in different octaves as a ninth or something, they will still be aurally admissable. It is very easy to improvise in a completely random way if you have a kinesthetic feeling for the types of patterns chords or arpeggios normally take, without even knowing what they are. I think having an understanding of theory leads one to think that if something someone played sounds ok, they must also have competency in understanding proportional to what they played, and this is not always so.

Of course just because he can do these things doesn't mean he got them via this "astral jumping" but I don't think it's really very constructive to put down these skills, all of the skills he demonstrates are pretty darn impressive if he really did not take any time to learn them.

Well, the direction I am arguing from is that if he is claiming something absolutely astounding, such as making use of other realities to develop skills in his life, he would need to display equally astounding proof in order to claim that. Why can't he speak 11th century Chinese, or play chess like Bobby Fischer? The skills he has displayed are respectable, but clearly not things that are so difficult they could not have been developed in days a piece, if the right principles are understood.

Notice, I am not saying he is a fraud, and I definitely think that what he claims is in the realm of the possible, but I don't think that the skills he is displaying are of the magnificent caliber that they would qualify as proof for such a bizzare claim. For instance, if I claimed to have visited France, and I offered up as proof a small brass figure of the Eifel tower, you would say that I certainly might have been there, but that such a token clearly did not do much in the way of proving it.
1098  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Pulse Island! / Re: API Question list.. on: January 08, 2011, 09:03:56
Haha, so true, manwesulimo2004.

1.Yes
2.Yes
3.yes
4.Space probably not limited
5.This depends on the nature of AP; not everyone would give you the same answer.
1099  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Thoughts on 2012 on: January 05, 2011, 22:16:36
this isn't necessarily related specifically to the Mayans, but I've been reading a lot about archaeology lately, particularly the evidence for ancient civilizations here on earth (which really ought to be recognized as fact.  the amount of evidence is astonishing.).  One of the things that become apparent is that something happened that severely altered the climate on earth and brought about the downfall of this ancient (probably global) civilization.  Some people believe that the great monuments around the world are in some sense a warning.

That is interesting PR- which particular monuments or artifacts are being cited as evidence for this claim? Elaborate a bit.

I do know that there are a few examples of things in far-strewn places that by all accounts of accepted history should not exist. For instance, this topic I made a time ago describes the site of Puma Punku, which is attributed to Neolithic-age people, yet contains diorite stones of such mass that the only way our civilization could move them today would be oceanic freighter, and cuts and holes of such precision they would demand diamond tools or industrial lasers to create.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_news_and_media/1000000_lb_stone_moved_by_ancient_south_americans_20000_years_ago-t29441.0.html
1100  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Life after death on: January 02, 2011, 09:58:56
I have heard about a culture that celebrates when someone die and everyone is happy because they are moving onto the "next plane" or whatever they called it.

Well, I think a major part of it is also separation. The idea that heretofore, you could easily share space, presence and experiences with the person, and now, at there very least, if you believe they still exist, they are orders of magnitude more innaccessible. You can't really ask them how they are feeling, ask them about their life, or touch them. People are also attached to the physical form of their loved ones; people identify the existence and identity of the person with their body, and to think of that as lost and destroyed seems like a loss of identity on some level. I mean think of your mother, but lacking her face- it seems like an incomplete notion somehow.

After thousands of hours of research, my expert opinion is... I don't know what the hell happens when we die. Unfortunately, our species is quite primitive and perhaps if people would spend as much time studying science and engineering as they do praying to their gods, we might actually make some progress.

Maybe, but I am not sure empirical science is the only way to learn anything. We might end up learning just as much by "experiencing", or intuiting. It is very possible that future technology might interface with consciousness
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 76