The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. August 19, 2017, 02:51:16

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 86
1076  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Seemingly-manufactured synchronicities on: February 22, 2012, 16:53:51
Yeah, that is the oher side of things. I was never sure what to make of it...

As I say, sometimes I suppose there might be some intended meaning behind it, from I know not whom, but it is only suppositions, afterall.

I have wondered, perhaps there are so many kinds of facts and data points we accumulate, that maybe it is statistically likely that some of them will occasionally correlate.

When it happens with me though, it does seem to happen in astromomicly unlikely ways, so I am left unsure what to think.
1077  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Seemingly-manufactured synchronicities on: February 21, 2012, 12:13:25
Glad to see you posting again Stillwater!

Yeah, I have always been around, just rarely have things to add that have not been said; CFT or Stookie usually say around what I would have said, and say it first, haha  wink
1078  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Coast to Coast AM Radio on: February 21, 2012, 12:10:41
Yeah, Coast to Coast is ancient  cheesy

Been around since the mid 80's or something like that, well before OBE was a public idea popularized by Monroe and others, and restricted only to new-agers and esoteric scriptures like the Upanishads prior up to then.
1079  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Seemingly-manufactured synchronicities on: February 19, 2012, 14:21:38
This has been something I have seemed to experience for more than a decade, and I am not sure what to attribute it to, be it chance, some quirk of evolutionary psychology, or some more metaphysical explanation.

The situation goes like this:

-I see or experience a datum somewhere in my environment: it can be a new and exotic word I am sure I never consciously encountered; it can be a very old song I would only hear by chance, and never heard before; it can be a novel idea which suddenly I thought of, or was exposed to; it might also be a piece of art that was new to me ( the common thread is that the datum is new and novel ).

-The next thing that happens, after a lull of hours, or days, or sometimes a week, is that I will in uncany fashion encounter several instances of that same datum, which I believed I had never encountered before in my life, in rapid succession, one after another.

For instance, the most recent one that happened to me, is that I saw a shirt someone was wearing that was representing a visit Johnny Cash made to Folsom prison. I knew Johny cash, but did not know about the Folsom prison, or his connection to it, so that was the novel part. No more than 8 hours later, I see a home video posted on MSN about 2 toddler's dancing to music made on that occasion. So the only two instances of that datum I encountered in my life happened within mere hours of one another.

Similar instances of that occurence happened when I learned the word "tenebrous" (in shadow); I saw no less than 5 or 6 instances of it all in the same week or so, in film, in books, etc.

I have been fascinated with this phenomenon for a while now. From time to time I get the fanciful idea that these may be intentionally unlikley happenings built into reality to tell me something about the constructed nature of our experience if I am attentive to details/hints like this.

What do you guys think?
1080  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: become the illuminati in new game on: January 17, 2012, 04:34:39
Her voice is not what I picture in an illuminatus... I alway pictured them as men, with scornful, dire voices; she sounds too scheming... the illuminati would not need to scheme, since they would hold all the chips already, by defintion; that is, in my head at least  rolleyes
1081  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: internet control bill on: December 18, 2011, 17:53:20
It is hard to believe it would pass Stookie, but that is because we are viewing it from the perspective of normal, sane citizens who know what youtube is, and who listen to the opinions of others on the matter.

Congress is made up primarily of people 60+ who have little interaction with the internet, and don't understand its functions or place in society. The voices they are hearing and catering to are those of lobbyist after lobbyist for copyright interests in media. Congress votes primarilly along two lines: the first and most important one is party-distinction; where there is not enough information to divide congress this way, it votes the way of whichever lobbyists and speakers have been put before the panel.

In summary, this bill may pass because while congress is purported to be a representatory board for the people of the U.S., the reality is that they support the interests of those lobbying groups had the most money behind them to petition and speak before congress.
1082  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Neuroscientists has a near-death-experience on: December 14, 2011, 09:08:23
Hi Justinx,

Thanks for posting this; I hope that he is able to publish, because it is clear that one is unable to adequately address all the concerns and counter-explanations a opponent with strong material views can bring to bear against accounts like this in an hour program; he is clearly in a somewhat favored background, as his life has provided him with the tools to engage in higher-level debates with knowledge from both sides of the fence. Alternative models of consciousness have become quite sidelined today.
1083  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What's your Jedi name? on: October 18, 2011, 07:01:19
Var-De Waspri

Mine sounds French or Italian.
1084  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: The Holy Mountain on: October 01, 2011, 17:44:03
I saw The Holy Mountain about a year back, and I liked it a good deal. Alexjandro Jodorowsky directed another film of about the same fame, and possibly even harder to come by; it is called "El Topo" (The Mole), and is in my opinion sublime.

El Topo has about the same intentions as The Holy Mountain, but goes about its aim with a bit more dexterity in my opinion. The film is slightly more accessible than The Holy Mountain because it's symbolism is not as unrestrained and "pretentious" in appearance, but it is every bit as potent, and with a subtle and excellent soundtrack. I found El Topo to be a bit deceptive, because when it starts out it looks like it is going to be a terrible Spaghetti Western, but that is only the backdrop, and the film gets stranger and more offtrack by the moment; by the 1st quarter of the film, the plot is totally derailled, and the protagonist is launched into a quest to kill 4 master sages (associated with Asian philosophies) living in the desert; I won't spoil it any further, but will just say that from that point, the movie gets even farther off track, and heads in yet another tangent direction, but it somehow all works to a brilliant degree.
1085  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Ganzfeld effect, I-doser software, anyone try these. on: September 30, 2011, 00:13:56
Really? I have been in this circle a while now, and never read of a person inducing a stroke through OBE attempts....
1086  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Anyone notice the light disapear today? on: September 30, 2011, 00:12:20
Read it somewhere... the topic three below this one? wink
1087  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Anyone notice the light disapear today? on: September 29, 2011, 10:18:00
kk, two things-

An object (something close to you, like a vehicle, or somethng like a cloud) came between you and the sun.

-or-

You suddenly got up quickly, and blood did not have a chance to get enough oxygen to your brain in that split moment, and you started to black out for that moment. It sounds like an odd thing to happen, but it happens to me every month or so, at least once, and to most people at times, I would imagine.

It could be many other things too, but those two sound like possibilities.
1088  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Theorists predict catostophic, worldwide riots related to food prices 2012-2013 on: September 29, 2011, 10:12:47
I agree that the word's people have the power to change their situation at any moment, and I also agree that one unpredicted event can change the entire course we are all heading. However, I think it is also important to think about why, if people have the ability to change things, they have not done so; I think there is a massive amount of friction and fear which must be overcome in order for people to become bold enough to take the necessary steps- people, afterall, generally have very much to lose by stepping out of line; in most places and times, it can easily mean death. When you look at all the times there was major social change, the change came directly after a period of particularly intense suffering, which caused people to become so desperate they lost fear of death. It was the same during the French revolution, the Soviet revolution, the Chinese Communist revolution, the US Revolution, and for the Germans preceding WW2. When people are down, that is when they are going to lash out, if history has told us anything.

You also have a point when you say that mathematical models can only get us so far, but it is still useful to an extent to try to figure out what is going on in the world, and what the causal relations might be, and correlations are. Extrapolating possible futures from the past is clearly not foolproof, but it may be better to get some idea of what may be coming, than not, sometimes.
1089  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Theorists predict catostophic, worldwide riots related to food prices 2012-2013 on: September 28, 2011, 23:58:32

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/1108/1108.2455v1.pdf

This is a paper that has been getting alot of press lately. It was produced by the New-England Institute of Complexity, which is a group of computer scientists, physicists, and engineers who use the concepts of complexity theory (earlier known as chaos theory) to solve problems in science. The institute began studying the recent riots in the Middle-east, North Africa, and London, however, and applied some of their same methods to economics and social statistics; they were looking for correlations between all of these political movements, and the common conditions, and they were startled to find one common point all the riots had in common: the underclasses in those areas were at that time on average making below sufficient wages to feed themselves with the rise of food prices, while living a normal lifestyle for the given area.

From this data, they reasoned that the major catalyst in all of these cases was approaching mass hunger; the riots were generally occurring in places where people were dissatisfied with the autocratic dictators presiding over them, but in which people had too much to lose to protest vigorously or violently. When enough people were nearing the point of approaching starvation, however, there were enough people desperate enough to disregard their own safety to make bold stands againts their rulers. And in every on of the riots identified, it happened right near a peak of a curve relating wages to buying power and food prices. The same was also found to be the case in London, where a large disenfranchised class struggles to meet the massive cost of living, and is becoming increasingly desperate as wages and food prices change disproportionately.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If you look at a chart of the data of this index (relating wages to food prices), you can see that most of the rioting occured near 2 distinct peaks in that value, around the recession doldrums of 2008, and recently in 2011, as food prices soared this summer. From the past data, and the rates of change, these resarchers are predicting that another massive peak will occur during the summer of 2012, and a mightier one still during most of 2013. And another frightening figure is that more than 70% of the world, including the US and Europe, has enough people in a low enough economic state that the pre-conditions for rioting will occur near universally. These researchers predict that 2013, or even earlier, may be a year of profound social violence, and a stacatto of constant revolutions all over the developing world on a scale which was confined to merely the Middle East in 2011, which will dangerously disrupt world-commerce and stability.

1090  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Top 2012 Theories that come close to making sense on: September 26, 2011, 23:55:43
wow... so you can't even admit your huge error and blatant falsehood?! You parroted the pure Leftist deception as "They also have by far one of the highest rates of unemployment" and it wasn't even a little bit true, not by any stretch... and when challenged you can't just man up and admit the error. Of course there are losses in the middle of a recession and a tyrannical Chief Executive is shutting down a large portion of your primary industry by executive order... what a shock.... 

You are right about that, I did make a pretty big error in that regard. I knew that Texas had an unemployment issue, and I assumed it would be regarding total rates (while the reality is that it is regarding rates of decline and jobloss, rather than raw totals). So while there is an unemployment issue, it is as you said, not a question of total unemployment, as Texas is midling in that regard.

1091  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Top 2012 Theories that come close to making sense on: September 25, 2011, 17:02:50
California, Michigan and Nevada have the worst unemployment while Texas is near average;
http://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm

Yes, Texas is near the middle in terms of total rates (8.7 % or so compared to 9% or so nationally), but they are experiencing record losses, and are in a 25-year-low based on what their numbers have been historically.

They actually have one of the Strongest medical situations. (The states with so called "better" plans are going bankrupt -- at which point the citizens can brag about the great plan that they had when it completely went under).

But it depends on who you compare them to. I am not using states like Massachesetts as an example, which although they have near universal mandate, clearly have a program they can't sustain. But Texas is looking at 20% uninsured rate. That is a massive number of people who have their needs not being served.
1092  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Top 2012 Theories that come close to making sense on: September 25, 2011, 03:14:17
Texas is one of the most unregulated markets in the entire US. They also have by far one of the highest rates of unemployment, and the weakest insurance/medical situations.
1093  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Top 2012 Theories that come close to making sense on: September 24, 2011, 20:48:45
Exactly. When you are trying to find supporting material for this escahtology or that, the signs will always seem to be there- but that is because these terrible events happens constantly, however easy it is to group them together while viewing them through "endtimes" goggles.
1094  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Top 2012 Theories that come close to making sense on: September 24, 2011, 12:27:01
If these five possibilities were racehorses, I feel number one would likely have an astronomically low pay-off  wink

Nuclear war is still always a possibility at any time though, and I could also conceive of how a group could be motivated to stage an alien threat in order to fear-monger for more military spending.
1095  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: The Fate of Frank Kepple on: September 20, 2011, 01:07:21
I think Stillwater was referring to the "actuality" of the statement made that Frank "had definitely" passed.
Fact is, nobody knows... and fact further is that chances are highly likely that we will *NEVER* know. 

Yes- this more or less. I have been hearing this issue near a decade, and no new information has surfaced; you are exactly right blue- anything new about the subject seems to be speculation.
1096  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: The Fate of Frank Kepple on: September 19, 2011, 09:16:21
That is a website which is dedicated to Frank's (and maybe some of Adrian's) ideas though. Because it is made as a tribute, it is anyone's guess where the author was getting their information on that.
1097  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: This fly loves me on: September 06, 2011, 00:23:36
A friend I was visiting had a touch screen monitor on their computer; the thing was so sensitive that when a fly started darting around the screen, it began to make selections and take control. It literally hilighted some text on screen, opened the drop-down right-click menu, and hit "copy"; it damn nearly resembled someone making actual directed choices at the computer.

I was mystified.
1098  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Elenin and the end of days on: September 01, 2011, 10:30:09
I agree CFT, I was thinking of some of those same points. Some worth reiterating:

Surely if Elenin Was Going to Hit the Earth NASA/the Government Would Hush it Up?
Which government? The Australian Government, the UK Government? The Italian Government? The South African Government? Amateur astronomers world wide are following this comet and continually talking to each other. The have the programs to work out where the comet is going. If the comet was coming anywhere near us, the amateur community would be first to know, and there is no keeping them quite. Consider how wide spread the information is about Apophis, which is a real, if extremely marginal, hazard.

Why isnít Comet Elenin in the News? For the same reason that the other 16 comets discovered in 2010 didnít get in the news, or the 5 comets discovered in 2011. They are all dim. The News is only interested in comets that are spectacular, readily visible to the unaided eye or are being visited by spacecraft. Comet 2009 P1 will be as bright, if not brighter than C/2010 X1 Elenin, but thatís not in the news either. Amateur and professional astronomers are watching comet Elenin and others avidly, but the news channels donít care about our obsessions with faint fuzzies.

-------------------

I mean, I can believe the US government could hush this up; I don't however believe, that all the world's sundry governments and the amateur astronomy community can be hushed up. Just too damn many of them... if you think the conspiracy runs that deep, you should probably be suspecting your family members too.
1099  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: September 26th, THREE DAYS OF DARKNESS. on: August 27, 2011, 11:44:26
Lol... I have heard your Elenin argument too, Karas. I don't know where it originitated, but there seemed to be a lot of dis-information in those schemes, as to the actual size of elenin (it could not possibly be 100 times the size of the earth, and not exert noticable gravity on the other planets, while coming though the inner solar system so often as it does).

Not saying it won't happen, but I am saying the arguments don't seem supported by tangible facts well enough, that I can glean.
1100  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Who is the holy spirit? on: August 25, 2011, 05:50:15
I think the concept is one example of a semetic people attempting to explain their universe, and the metaphysical properties they perceive it to have, that is what the "Holy Spirit" is per se.

I think it is possible to get too caught up in the explanations, and forget that the explanation itself is not the reality, but rather what the explanation was trying to apprehend is the thing itself. Don't think that there is a one-to-one correlation between every bible concept and every reality out there to match them. The Bible, or anyone's interpretation of it (from whence we get these trinitarian concepts) is an attempt to understand the truth, it is not a translation of the truth.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 86