The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 14, 2017, 15:12:34

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 88
1076  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: The photon belt - One of my interests this month lol on: March 10, 2012, 21:15:30
My metaphysics teacher taught the class that we are already in the photon belt now but in dec we will become completely immersed in it and she also said that scientists don't know if we will survive but we will. If scientists were worried it would mean that the photon belt would have to be a fact. but its just a theory!   

When you say that scientists don't know that we will survive, or that they are worried, what specificly do you mean? Which scientists, for instance, and where can I read about their statements?

I don't mean to be argumentative, just wary- I have seen people try to justify things to others by saying that "scientists" are asserting them; very much deception can and does happen this way, because people have a reverence for the idea of science, and accept the purported word of "scientists", even when they cannot access it directly.

I would not want to see you or others lied to by people using this tactic, afterall!
1077  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Mind Expansion on: March 10, 2012, 18:27:33
What fascinated me was that the posture of 'straight' is the same as when you are laying down comfortably on your back; the most successful projection position. If you read the Tao De Ching, you will see Lao Tzu is pretty much raving about "The Way," the astral plane, the entire book. There is no doubt in my mind that this dude was projecting all the time.

Yeah, the funny is though, while Laozi is in love with the straight, if you read the Zhuangzi, which is the other major book of Daoism, he is mainly ranting about the virtues of the crooked! A crooked tree, he tells us, does not fear the carpenter's hand, and a crooked man doesn't need to fear the social slavery of others, he is free to do as he wills.

1078  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: What scientific evidence is there for Chakras? on: March 10, 2012, 07:25:43
My personal theory on chakras is that they are the major nerve ganglia. If you think it about it, it makes sense:

Root-Genital and Messentry nerves
Subnavel- adrenal nerve ganglia
Solar plexus- solar plexus (  wink  ) , a MAJOR nerve center in body
Heart- cardiac nerve ganglia
Throat- the very sophisticated vocal nerves around larynx and pharynx
Third Eye- Frontal lobes
Crown- rest of parietal, occiptal, temporal lobes region

I say this also because the feelings I have felt relating to them, which mesh faily well with their metaphysical descriptions, always seem like a nerve buzzing to me. I have no doubt at all that I am experienceing something when I contemplate chakras, the effects are very intense. The third-eye center in particular can give a very intense and terrible, searing pain that feels like someone is trying to drive a marble directly into my forehead. If you experienced it, you would not doubt that there is a sensation associated with it. Now as I say, I fancy that what I am feeling is a stimulation of concentrated nerve centers; perhaps there is also a metaphysical component, but there is really no way for me to study that aspect or prove/disprove it, since there is no way to gather reliable data.
1079  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: The photon belt - One of my interests this month lol on: March 10, 2012, 06:54:26
Indeed, and why even worry about something we can't do anything to prevent, on the very slim offchance it were real?

It is like saying there is a 1.3% chance that the sun is going to explode in the next 100 years. It would be a chance, yes, but there is no way to prepare for it or against it, and we would not suffer any conseqences for not preparing, since the result would be the same. and in the overwhelmingly likely event it doesn't happen, very much effort was wasted.
1080  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Help Me on: March 10, 2012, 03:13:13
Well... your friends look out for you.

If there was such a thing as the devil (assuming the properties normally ascribed), would the devil be looking out for you? Would the devil be trustworthy?

You could certainly be a friend to the devil, but I don't know that the devil could be a friend to you!

... but then, it looks like someone may have managed:

I pulled in to Nazareth, was feeling 'bout half past dead
I just need some place where I can lay my head
"Hey mister, can you tell me where a man might find a bed?''
He just grinned and shook my hand, "No'' was all he said

Take a load off, Fanny
Take a load for free
Take a load off, Fanny
And you put the load right on me

I picked up my bag, I went looking for a place to hide
When I saw Carmen and the Devil walking side by side
I said "Hey Carmen, come on, let's go downtown''
She said "I gotta go but my friend can stick around''

Take a load off, Fanny
Take a load for free
Take a load off, Fanny

Go down Miss Moses, there's nothing you can say
It's just old Luke, and Luke's waiting on the judgment day
"Well, Luke my friend, what about young Anna-Lee?''
He said "Do me a favour son, won't you stay and keep Anna-Lee company?''

Take a load off, Fanny
Take a load for free
Take a load off, Fanny

Crazy Chester followed me and he caught me in the fog
He said "I will fix your rat if you'll take Jack my dog''
I said "Wait a minute Chester, you know I'm a peaceful man''
He said "That's okay boy, won't you feed him when you can?''

Take a load off, Fanny
Take a load for free
Take a load off, Fanny

Catch a cannonball now to take me down the line
My bag is sinking low and I do believe it's time
To get back to Miss Fanny, you know she's the only one
Who sent me here with her regards for everyone

Take a load off, Fanny
Take a load for free
Take a load off, Fanny
1081  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Mind Expansion on: March 10, 2012, 02:53:06
Well, like you said in the last part, it is about being comfortable, and for me, that usually means posture is not meaningless, but crucial  wink

If I don't align my back the right way, my bony butt tends to get high-pressure spots after an hour, and I am too uncomfortable.
1082  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: The photon belt - One of my interests this month lol on: March 09, 2012, 20:09:10
Well, since I have first had contact with circles like ours (1998 or so) I have been hearing prophecies related to the photon belt, and when the earth would pass through it (2000, 2001, 2003, 2006, 2010, and now 2012).

None of the others have come to pass. It doesn't mean it isn't real, but it makes it awfully hard to believe in the stuff, you know?
1083  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Trying to lose weight on: March 09, 2012, 19:55:09
Not Going to lie... you guys just forced me to make garlic bread.

A significant amount of butter has transferred from the fridge to my stomach today!
1084  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Leap days? on: March 09, 2012, 06:42:42
In my opinion, there's change around the corner, but it has nothing to do with Mayans or Armageddon or huge meteors or aliens. :p

I tend to agree with this thought.

It is clear that powerful currents are brewing that will change the face of the planet: we have massive economic shifts of wealth and commodities, centering precariously around oil, set to dangerously shift the balance of force in the world again; phenomenonally unpredictable revolutions are also set to occur in the next 40 years in the fields of artificial intelligence and nanotechnology that will re-define the meaning of humanity, and will take any number of unforseen courses that could lead us into anything from world-war, to extinction, to unparalleled increases in human understanding and development; and all of this will happen on a backdrop of half the world readying for industrialization.

We don't need to resort to any "special" explanation to expect radical change in the not-so-distant future.
1085  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Which theory may explain the paranormal? on: March 09, 2012, 06:21:54

I don't think we need to question material laws, they have been confirmed as scientifically factual after extensive empirical tests and observations  for years. Material laws are not going to be broken and we are not going to ignore them just to account for some paranormal phenomena.

If PSI exists (And I do believe some it does) then there has to be a physical explanation otherwise it can not exist.

Hi forests, and welcome to the forums!

I think it might be good to point out that there may be some misunderstandings about how science works.

For one, nothing in science is above question- science doubts by nature, it must or it would never progress; to say that the physical laws were beyond question would be merely to institute a dogma, and that is one of the chief things science seeks to avoid.

Most scientific theories are arrived at by inductive reasoning- you take enough varied occurences and examples, and try to reason out a general rule or law that explains them all; this is a necessary tool for science to make postulations, but those who understand scientific method also understand that you can only prove things by deduction, where you go from general known laws or facts and reason out a necessary conclusion. The conclusions of induction, on the other hand, are not necessary, only aparent. We gather enough data, and we postulate what the data seems to imply; by the very nature of how these theories are created inductively, they are inherently questionable, and furthermore MUST constantly be questioned for science to develop. No amount of data or measurements is sufficient to prove a theory for good- theories may only be supported by data.

The other important thing to note, is that not only is it wise to question a law if there seems to be an exception, it is the ONLY thing to do! Physical laws, by defintion are immutable (or they would not be laws); if even one exception to a law is found, and is replicable, it is proof enough that the supposed law is actually not a law at all, and needs ammendment, or generalization of some kind. If it really were true that some real and clinically measurable mental phenonomena don't follow known physical laws, our views of these laws must be ammended, as we would then know them not to be laws in their current forms.
1086  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Astral Battle example on: March 09, 2012, 03:11:18
I would tend to think that those who find themselves in combat or attack situations in a projection might sometimes be answering their own inner-calling; if you expect something to happen during a projection, it usually will. If you come into it expecting that you must prepare for battle, and that you will be vulnerable your entire excursion, you will find yourself in combat situations far more readily. We tend to manifest what we think we are going to see out there!
1087  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Trying to lose weight on: March 09, 2012, 03:06:10
Consider eating more in the morning, and less in the afternoon and evening!

This helps to start your metabolism high in the start of the day, burning far more calories faster, and it prevents you from eating more during the time you would tend to store the calories you consume. You will have more energy during the day (which dieters have problems with) and lose weight with far less effort.

So many people I know who wanted to control their weight tried to stop eating breakfast as a tactic- this is about the worst choice you can make- it will negatively affect your day, and make your goal harder to reach.
1088  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Atral Police on: March 09, 2012, 02:58:08
Hi Chucky,

Welcome to the forums!

Is there something I can do for you?
1089  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: @Astral-travelers: Why don't you help in locating criminals / terrorists? on: March 08, 2012, 17:55:02
Tell me one thing, are these terminologies right: When one astral projects then s/he has an out of body experience, known as OBE and if s/he then starts moving to other places then s/he's traveling => astral traveling.
I wonder why not the people listed in your link start winning the skeptics' challenges I've talked about.

Really Depends. Not all people who study or participate in this think of it in those terms.

Some people think that you are using a body made of subtle ethereal matter to travel to an astral realm.

Some people think that you are not going anyplace at all, but that you are traveling through a mental realm which you can access via your brain.

Some people think that the second one and first each happen, or happen in mixtures.

Some people think that it is only a physical phenomenon that is similar to a hallucination.
1090  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Welcome to our new Moderators! on: March 07, 2012, 23:36:37
Thanks!

Glad to maybe be useful, really wink
1091  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Ghost rape on: March 07, 2012, 20:59:25
lol... this is alot like your "Can you get pregnant from astral sex" topic...

I have a feeling that if it were possible, Virgin Mary would not be so lonely.
1092  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Mushrooms in test conditions on: March 07, 2012, 19:33:56
I watch the Science and the Nasa channel quite a bit and see that most of the world's greatest minds are employed by Nasa.

Hard to know who the greats are... maybe most of them choose not to be public at all wink

I am sure if it were possible to know from seeing their images on TV, there would be a lot less subtley involved in the defintion of "great minds".
1093  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Why do you want to Astral Project? on: March 07, 2012, 19:07:48
I find that the fifth is generally well beyond my reach, and I remind myself that when I think I am any closer, I am probably deluded. My best guess, at this point, is that existence might be about an expression of all possible ways of mind to exist, and all the states and experiences mind may have, and all the creations it is capable of (another class of experience, this one momentarily divided into subject and object). For instance, mind may be a man named Phil Collins, who experiences celebrity and struggles with substance use, it may be a toddler who watches Phil Collins on the tv, it might be the algae experiencing a state of static being, or it might be some disembodied  focal point of thought experiencing a world of its own creation.

Since I can't assail 5 directly, I seem mostly focused on 4 and 3 sometimes.

The others are not necessarily "bad" goals either though, I could see them as being meaningful if they were practiced with the right mindset, and would provide useful experiences even if they were not.
1094  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Smoked Green Tea on: March 04, 2012, 04:12:15
Yes... this thread has curiously good vibes... in a Cheech and Chong kind'a way........
1095  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Atral Police on: March 03, 2012, 05:30:26
Hehe, well, i read about it on this book called "astral love" by D.J Conway, she describes the Astral Police en a couple of her books as a group of beings what would take care of malevolent and annoying astral beings for you, if you call upon them.

It seems to me that the most important element of that account is the "if you call upon them" part. What is truly being expressed in that situation would be the will of the individual to resist what they perceive to be negative forces; the arrival of actual police in this case, I would assume, is a metaphor for what is primal in any projection experience- intent. You intend to take yourself out of that situation, and the astral police are the visualization of that happening.
1096  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Smoked Green Tea on: March 03, 2012, 05:24:39
lol.

I am entertained by what is happening here.

(You should try some Japanese sencha... (drinking it  wink ); it is about the best green tea you can get, if you figure out how to make it properly. You could also try matcha, but that requires somewhat specialized little tools. )
1097  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Notice anything? on: March 02, 2012, 23:53:17
lol Stookie... that has to be a joke... the world ends like 4 different times in 10 years in that timeline.

And we develop interstellar spacecraft... AND THEN electric cars. yet still have oil problems, lmao.

And they predict...  a movie will happen???

cheesy cheesy cheesy
1098  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: High Without Drugs on: March 02, 2012, 23:46:07
Yeah, it definitely can be done fast- I was mainly poking fun at the statement the author made that you would need to stay up all night to do it, haha.
1099  The Astral Library / Welcome to Book Reviews! / Re: Book release on: March 02, 2012, 16:56:59
I think I might have heard about this earlier... good job on publishing!

It is healthy for this field to have a number of new and rigorous perspectives added to its study; the concept of projection was too long relegated to fringe esoteric belief-based circles. I feel the internet is primarily responsible for the explosion of interest in, and high-quality ready information available about this subject.

Goodluck!
1100  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: What's the difference between OBE and astral projection? on: March 02, 2012, 00:50:35
I would say that OBE is the more general, content-neutral, world-view-neutral term for what we are all doing here.

Astral projection is a term for the same concept, with the added assumptions or assertions about metaphysics attached to it; namely that you are traveling to an etheric realm, and possibly with a body made of the substance appropriate for the trip.

OBE does not assume mechanics, or even that it is metaphysical; it is closer to a para-psychology term in this respect.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 88