The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2014, 12:06:04

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 68
1076  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: How I got out!!! Finally on: June 16, 2010, 04:26:46
Yeah, I agree with greytraveler. The most accepted answer is that such entities, if do indeed exist independently of our own minds, don't have much potential to do harm. But no one really has the authority to say for sure.
1077  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: How I got out!!! Finally on: June 14, 2010, 04:24:45
It may not have been Kundalini, but a powerful rising, vibrating sensation from the lower back is probably the most prominent symptom of the first Kundalini episode a person experiences. Some paralysis has been reported, but seems it seems to differ by the individual.

Kundalini is sometimes triggered during meditation, sexuality, OBE sessions, several types of Yoga, or spontaneously.

If it was actually a Kundalini episode, there is still indeterminacy. For many people, they will have the initial experience, they will have a wave of positive growth in their life, and they will move on. There are others who have a far less mild experience; these people will have recurrent pain, intense OBE-type visions, and sometimes the sensation of their body being compelled to take certain poses. There are few constants with Kundalini, and everyone has a slightly different set of symptoms and timeline. It sometimes lasts days, sometimes years.

If you have more symptoms, and suspect that it was a Kundalini experience, keep us posted. There are several people here on the forums who have had the experience in their lifetimes.
1078  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: THE crash of all crashes on: June 14, 2010, 01:39:40
I had my mid-life crisis at 15.

Haha, me too. Life was drastically different in a single month.
1079  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: How I got out!!! Finally on: June 14, 2010, 01:37:17
That sounds like it might have been a kundalini relatated experience, from what you said about the intensity and the pain in your back. Those are two of the classic signs.
1080  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: The Black Eyed Peas & Transhumanism on: June 13, 2010, 05:20:55
I definitely thought of this thread when I saw that ablum cover a week ago  rolleyes
1081  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: just thought it was cool on: June 12, 2010, 20:55:51
yeah, lol cheesy

And no problem, PR, it is easy to take something a different way if the context might be ambiguous.
1082  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: just thought it was cool on: June 12, 2010, 05:51:28
Nothing. It is a response to what radman posted, and what CFT commented about it.
1083  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: The Black Eyed Peas & Transhumanism on: June 12, 2010, 04:52:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRmYfVCH2UA
1084  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: just thought it was cool on: June 12, 2010, 04:04:18
They could have been talking about Sumerian paintings and votive offerings. The images that presumably depict their Gods have gigantic eyes. Some people feel that it suggests they were visitited by aliens. I don't make much of it one way or the other, but it is true that these depictions certainly exist, And they clearly place some significance, for whatever reason, on the eyes, as the rest of the image is pretty naturalistic by comparison.

1085  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Pendulum Used On Birds on: June 11, 2010, 21:13:31
Come Kurt.... you and I both know that is not the only reason  cheesy
1086  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: just thought it was cool on: June 11, 2010, 21:08:17
Haha....

The problem with that is that they don't have plant or plant-like cells.

Doing that would be similar to calling a venus fly trap a zoophyte, merely because it is occasionaly self-motile. Unless, of course, the DNA causes the slug to develop plant-like structures, like chloroplasts.

I guess one might have to just settle for genetic burglar.
1087  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Illuminati's Biggest Crime? on: June 10, 2010, 19:37:39
But everything in the physical universe has to come to an end. It's the law.

Actually, that is Aristotle's law.

Newton's Law was more like,

"Stuff keeps doin' what it's doin', till something makes it stop an do something else!"
1088  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Illuminati's Biggest Crime? on: June 09, 2010, 23:21:03
People who claim to have devices similar to Tesla's, which are purported to produce more energy than they consume, claim that the energy is being siphoned from another unseen source. One popular source is "zero-point energy", an ambient field that the inventor claims may be tapped at will, with the right technology. 

It is not so much that these people are claiming perpetual motion machines, or anything like that, but only that their devices to all intents and appearances look like perpetual motion machines, but that they are actually accessing unseen energies.

I don't have an opinion one way or the other, as I don't have enough information to make a judgement, but you can see from this reasoning at least how they explain what they are claiming.
1089  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Illuminati's Biggest Crime? on: June 09, 2010, 18:14:39
Or, more than likely, the masterpiece you watched that on  wink
1090  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: "The Photo NObama and BP Don't Want You to See" on: June 07, 2010, 06:18:38
Yeah.... I guess the last one is sorta cute in a strange way...

But give me some credit!

The poor pelican in the first one is in agony!
1091  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: How Bad Could it Be? Oil spill projection on: June 07, 2010, 05:38:16
"No one's listening," says Nick Pozzi, who was an engineer with Saudi Aramco in the Middle East when he says an accident there in 1993 generated a spill far larger than anything the United States has ever seen."

According to Pozzi, that mishap, kept under wraps for close to two decades and first reported by Esquire, dumped nearly 800 million gallons of oil into the Persian Gulf, which would make it more than 70 times the size of the Exxon Valdez spill.

But remarkably, by employing a fleet of empty supertankers to suck crude off the water's surface, Pozzi's team was not only able to clean up the spill, but also salvage 85 percent of the oil, he says.

"We took [the oil] out of the water so it would save the environment off the Arabian Gulf, and then we put it into tanks until we could figure out how to clean it," he told AOL News.

While BP, the oil giant at the center of the recent accident, works to stanch the leak from the sunken Deepwater Horizon rig, Pozzi insists the company should be following his lead.

Stephen Reilly, CEO of Slickbar, a leading oil spill equipment and vessels manufacturer, says that while he's unfamiliar with supertankers being used in this way, Pozzi's proposal could well work.

"Any containment area or barge or tanker can be used for reception, and they certainly have the pumping system on board," Reilly says. "So in terms of using assets like that to pump stuff into tanks, by all means."

Pozzi speculates that the reluctance on the part of those he's contacted comes down to one word: cash. When oil tankers are taken out of service for a special project like this, they stop earning money for their owners.[/
color]

That is an interesting article CFT. It would not at all surprise me if money was the sole reason the environment was being sacraficed in favor of cheaper and far less effective methods. Disappointing, as usual, but not surprising.
1092  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: just thought it was cool on: June 07, 2010, 05:21:48
Huh...

That's interesting... I remember my old biology professors saying that photosynthesis, as we knew it, was the sole property of plants, and plant-like microbes. I guess there are minor exceptions  wink
1093  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Primacy of Consciousness by Peter Russell on: June 07, 2010, 05:19:59
As for Thomas Campbell...
I didn't agree with the vast majority of what he had to say.

hmmm....

I watched his stuff maybe 6 months back... I definitely can't endorse all of it, but I remember thinking it was mostly solid. What parts did you guys feel were off?
1094  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: "The Photo NObama and BP Don't Want You to See" on: June 06, 2010, 17:10:17

DRILL BABY DRILL!
1095  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Primacy of Consciousness by Peter Russell on: June 06, 2010, 16:45:59
This guy is pretty good.

I also like Thomas Campbell a lot- he reminds me a lot of Robert Monroe, and has similar theoretical platfrom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akgCb85PG-A
1096  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: The collective conscious is getting restless on: June 05, 2010, 06:28:31
If there do indeed exist space-faring aliens out there, as I expect there should, that kind of record mapping would not at all surprise me. The thing is, geological time stretches in billions of years... and it was possible that there could have been species as intelligent as us existing hundreds of millions of years ago on the earth. If that possible species was still around, and coexisted with us, think about what they would have had time to develop in that period... just about anything it was possible for their minds to conceive they would have done by now.

Now consider that there are windows of billions of years that other intelligent species elsewhere in the galaxy could have been active. I would imagine once a species reaches a threshold of sustainability of their mode of life, and they have established their civilization in enough far flung places to outlast any terrible contingencies, there is pretty much no limit to what they will be able to accomplish, other than what is possible by our universe's laws. They would not even be limited by their own intellect, as genetic engineering and technologies beyond that would be at their immediate disposal.
1097  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: High Pitch Ringing? on: June 05, 2010, 06:16:22
I think RB is silly sometimes... lol...

He is groundbreaking in a lot of ways.... but.... still silly rolleyes
1098  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Sins=Guilt Guilt which leads to understanding. on: June 05, 2010, 04:31:45
A philosophy degree doesn't meant shite to me.

That is just to say that I have some familairity with the study of ontology. I think you might have read too much into the statement, lol.

All you people learn to do it argue properly, with logic.

It is surprising to think, but formal logic generally only allows one to prove in explicit terms what they already knew in a more colloquial sense. There is indeed an accepted connection between many words and phrases and first order logical symbols and connectives, but most functional phrases in English actually don't have fixed logical equivalents. "Everyone loves a woman", for instance. That phrase is held to have at least six possible readings, including the ideas that every person loves a different woman; every person loves any woman; there exists a woman that all people in the world love; for every person in the world, there exists one, and only one specific woman that that person loves, and none of them love the same woman; should there be a given woman, it can be shown that all people love that woman, and at least one other reading I am not thinking of. The words themselves can be fixed individually as logical constants, but somehow the whole thing is much more ambiguous.

I am just trying to point out that you can try to keep your reasoning consistent with logic, but once you step out of the narrow world of first order logical  statements, there is no way to ensure that there is a one to one relationship between your phrasing and possible logical interpretations.

And you can add to this the notion that while it is possible to reach sound conclusions if your premises are known to be certain, there are very few things that can arguably be known for certain in this world, and thus very few conclusions that can be argued to be sound. You can try to get past this problem, arguing that there are things in plain sight everyone knows to be true, but amazingly, you will find that almost no standard of proof is great enough to claim to know circumstantial things about the world. I am not saying that one can't know anything, but rather that you might be disappointed about the things that are agreed to be provable. Mostly stuff about numbers, really rolleyes And Descartes and others doubted even these....
1099  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Sins=Guilt Guilt which leads to understanding. on: June 04, 2010, 22:01:29
... and any observation about the "human condition" counts as an ontological musing.

This part is not true.

There is only small subset of thoughts about the human condition that would count as ontological. Thoughts about living conditions, social equality, romantic involvement, developmental psychology, and expression through art history are all thoughts about the human condition, but none of them is properly ontological.

Ontological thoughts about the human condition would include, "Are humans the same as God?", "Do humans have a soul?", "Are human minds an immaterial substance?" and, "Do humans have the same kind of existence as numbers and letters do, or is our existence fundamentally different?" You may have meant "human condition" to refer more narrowly to considerations like these, I suspect.

Trust me on this one, I have a degree in philosophy  cool

I will try not to be so pedantic in the future.  rolleyes
1100  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Sins=Guilt Guilt which leads to understanding. on: June 04, 2010, 17:43:40
It's artful ontological musings.

What do you mean by that? What is said about the different modes of being, or their lack of existence?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 68