The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 21, 2014, 09:43:21

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 73
151  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Courtney Brown's Announcement for 15th March on: March 15, 2014, 10:28:36
Lol I knew it was lame before it happened, just from the lame art style he employed.

I mean remote viewing is real, and gets real data, but they made this out to be something it wasn't.

Extraterrestrials could very well have helped build the pyramids as he claims... but... two dudes remote viewing it does not "conclusive, incontrevertible proof" make. He is a phD, so he should know enough about psychology to know that once a person has an idea in their head about what they are seeing, and it is something they have seen before, they will bring their own ideas to the table. That is why you can remote view a place like Suriname in South America you have never been to and have no expectations about, and why remote viewing Paris is MUCH harder. You have all sorts of concepts in your head about what Paris is that you will mingle with data you might be getting from outside yourself. As soon as you see giant pyramids in the desert, you know where you are, and a lot of what you might see is what you expect to see. Brown spent literally 30 minutes in that video making an emotional appeal to us that what he did was "science". If it was, he wouldn't have had to tell us so hard it was. It was interesting, but it wasn't really proof lol.
152  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Courtney Brown's Announcement for 15th March on: March 14, 2014, 20:16:05
What if it involves our new alien overlords... maybe some sort of animate sentient cloud people?
153  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Courtney Brown's Announcement for 15th March on: March 14, 2014, 14:59:46

Haha, sorry. I will indeed see what the "PROOF" is later, but I am not holding my breath lol.
154  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Courtney Brown's Announcement for 15th March on: March 14, 2014, 11:18:39
No I found it, he did make a February claim back in January:

http://www.transients.info/2014/01/an-announcement-from-courtney-brown.html

"World changing announcement that won't be recognized at the time"- that is so broad it could be applied to anything lol.

My personal attribution would have been the Kiev hostilities and the Russian response, but then things like that happen every season.
155  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Courtney Brown's Announcement for 15th March on: March 13, 2014, 21:16:47
Wait... didn't Courtney Brown say that something world changing would happen in February? Is this back tracking, or was that Sylvia Brown or something lol...
156  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Pulse Island! / Re: New possible project similar to Astral Pulse Island but more like Earth on: March 12, 2014, 13:19:44
Creating a working simulation of the earth seems like a task beyond human minds. We don't even have a grasp as a species of nearly everything that is going on on the earth... just think of deep sea vents, lol... we get a peek at those every now and then, and some of them may have never been visited ever. So much more then would an earth simulation be well beyond what a few participants can handle.  API may have worked as well as it has because it is a very small and basic concept without many parts. Saying the success of the API suggests we should manifest an earth simulation is like saying we made a transistor, so building a computer the size of the solar system is the obvious next step.  cheesy

But building another collective thought-form more involved than API may be an interesting exercise.
157  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: 7 projections at once?! on: March 11, 2014, 11:36:49
Indeed, I don't see where the danger would creep in, especially since you were taking short interim breaks between.

Sometimes I have had projections that have seemed to last a week or more in the experience, and I end up getting to thinking... wait... am I dead? But so far I am not dead  wink
158  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Re: Do I need to be approved on: March 07, 2014, 21:09:09
lol.

Verification is the process of checking names when they first register, to weed out spam accounts.

Anyone who can post here has been approved the one and only time they need to be.

You should be good indefinitely  wink
159  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Bathrooms as portals? on: March 06, 2014, 05:37:19
Lol... sure that is orbs you are smelling in the Loo?

I do find showers to be pretty active times though. I like to shower with the lights out because I feel it is very restful for my eyes, and I find the sensory deprivation aspect is also relaxing.
160  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: ever asked your guides in the astral if its real? on: March 04, 2014, 19:32:45
Just in principle, if the projection being's existence is in question, why would you rely on their authority to be sure of the matter lol.

Would you ask a cartoon character the same question? What if they said yes, would that be good enough?

If you ask me, yes it is real, but then you didn't ask me, and rightly. Only you can prove that to yourself, because it is something that has to be experienced.
161  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: If you thought your current Weather was bad ... on: March 04, 2014, 17:09:04
The depletion of the Ogallala is going to hit California hard. It is the big aquifer below Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, and Texas, and it is about to go completely dry. It is at 20% now, and when it is dry it will take centuries to replenish supposedly. The massive agricultural output of the US West is largely built on depleting just that one aquifer. Desal plants can take up some of the difference, but at tremendous cost this moment in time. Unless energy rates go massively down, changing water availability is going to displace tons of people around the world in the next 20 years.
162  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / Re: How can you not want to know where astral and string theory fit together? on: March 03, 2014, 08:02:55
Hubbard had no compassion for humanity when he carelessly released scientology upon us. He knew very well what he was making.
163  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: How can you prove that OBE isn't just some kind of dream? on: March 02, 2014, 03:31:42
I think Xanth explained my perspective well here. I think they are dreams, but dreams are more significant in some ways than most credit them for. To me, a projection is a dream with high lucidity. Notice that is nearly identical with most people's definition of "Lucid Dream". Projections happen to be a sort of dream where we are primed to receive very special sorts of information in my view.
164  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / Re: How can you not want to know where astral and string theory fit together? on: March 02, 2014, 03:06:24
You might remember the "Borg" from Star trek... the race of cyborgs living as a collective hive mind all linked up together; they had a goal of achieving perfect knowledge and perfection of form, but in order to do that, their method was to take over resources on as wide a scale as possible, and put down anyone resisting their expansion. I think that might be an instructive picture here. The "Borg" had lofty and potentially admirable goals, but in order for their goals to be met, they needed all the marbles, and their goal also excluded anyone else's potential goals (like living) from being met.

I think that is what humanity taking over the galaxy's resources means to me. We have some interesting and noteworthy goals, but I am not sure what I have seen of humanity so far leads me to be comfortable with humans or human derivatives commanding the galaxy's resources, and of necessity denying any other possible goals anyone else would devise.  Afterall, when you hand out cupcakes to children, you give one to each, not all of them to two or three children, if you want to maximize the enjoyment derived. I think we can do quite a lot on just this rock or maybe 2-3 other rocks without needing to horde all the rocks.
165  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / Re: How can you not want to know where astral and string theory fit together? on: February 27, 2014, 15:26:31
some of us need intergalactic power grids, dyson rings, transporter beams, and circuits made of those kind of things for long distance communication and transport of a variety of forms

Intergalactic power grids and rings around the sun? What, did you ask Santa for a Sports Stadium too?

Humanity can do and create some pretty cool things, but I don't think we need machines stretching the entire breadth of the galaxy to see that a lot of it is vanity that doesn't help us in the least. We are going to have computers of supreme power very soon, and an entire landscape constructed and maintained by nano-bots... that is enough change to send anyone's head spinning for centuries... why do we need to fundamentally alter the entire solar system with a massive ring that may ultimately change the prospects of life in our solar system forever? We are just one race, and we haven't proven yet we are disciplined enough to last forever here, so we probably shouldn't take steps that may deny our successors their future.
166  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: The cholesterol myth on: February 25, 2014, 04:35:16
One thing with diets I think is that it is really hard to separate psychosomatic effects from effects that would have occurred regardless of attitude. Because we undergo diets with the express intention to improve our health, and because we have the expectation that what we have placed our faith in will benefit us, it is possible that a lot of the improvement is actually us "willing" ourselves better. In my case, I have believed I have been vitamin D deficient being in a moderately northern climate in the winter; I make a point of going outside in the noonday sun for an hour or so at least every other day to get whatever Vitamin D I may from sun exposure, and I genuinely feel better when I am able. But am I feeling better because I was filling a tight need I had, or do I feel better because I perceived I was doing something that would be beneficial?

Hard to say.
167  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Crystals? Vitamins? Exercise? on: February 23, 2014, 18:37:58
It depends a lot on the substance; the category is so broad I probably generalized a bit. Some entheogens may bring experiences at very high frequency, whereas opioids and others will likely tend to drop them completely.
168  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Crystals? Vitamins? Exercise? on: February 23, 2014, 11:52:10
Outside of keeping good health, which is itself beneficial for this practice as it is to most things, the list you mentioned doesn't contain many hindrances that I am aware of. What is much more important is things like alcohol or other heavy drug use. People who use alcohol moderately have reported they can still project, but heavy use seems to diminish things, for obvious reasons.
169  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Flying cars and a crashing plane on: February 21, 2014, 22:35:02
The Grove Street / Grovesnor connection was a pretty slick hit in my opinion. I have a family friend who gets bits and flashes like that... little nouns and feelings. Is this how it is for you Szaxx?
170  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Did NASA oops? on: February 19, 2014, 12:55:56
Gold actually is a very common material to use in large sheets in spacecraft design, for its ability to stop radiation and its conductance properties.

171  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Is it possible to live more than one life at one time on: February 15, 2014, 04:53:08
Seems to me that when you take time out of the equation, everything that you will ever do is happening at the same moment, so in that sense I would say yes.
172  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: Descending Kundalini on: February 14, 2014, 02:58:15
Also, one man's descending Kundalini is another man's warning signs of a stroke.

So please do not rely solely on metaphysical descriptions and advice if you are experiencing any scary or uncomfortable physical symptoms. smiley

This was my thought too.

There can be a powerful tendency to make our bodies follow our medical knowledge ( meaning when we self diagnose, we try to fit our symptoms to what we know). The medical community doesn't know all, but unusual physical symptoms may be a warning sign that trained medical professionals could shine some light on.
173  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: Descending Kundalini on: February 11, 2014, 19:38:30
How do you know this is what is happening? What symptoms do you have?
174  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: do you acculy leave the body? on: February 11, 2014, 12:00:00
From a God-Source-PoV it is right to say that you do not leave for Jamaica or leave your body in an OBE. It's because Jamaica does "not exist" as you think it does, neither does your body in the first place.
From a physical reality ruleset PoV (leaving for) Jamaica exists in your reality experience frame, like an apple, like a table, like your body, like your brain. Therefore leaving your body during OBEs exists, too.

Yes, this is a very important distinction and point. I thought of bringing it up too, but I thought it might confuse the already ambiguous language even further. The theory that I am advancing in this topic would say that projections appear to be a fully "God-source-POV" happening, and thus bypass the physical needs or rules about travel; this is in one sense because travel is a purely physical concept, and I am supposing projections to be fully non-physical in sourcing, but transduced by brains and hence also tainted with physical concepts (because that is how our brain is wired to understand the world- in terms of time and space).

Admittedly it is a very particular point, and requires some advanced word-bending to explain precisely on my part. I am not the best communicator at times, haha.

I guess if I had to explain it a different way, as to why I don't picture ghosts out there soul-traveling around the physical world, I might do it this way:

Picture a computer game. There are hundreds or thousands of copies. The Programmers (Source) authored this code, and this code is copied and placed in versions individual players possess. When I am in a certain place in the game world (baker street), and you are in the same place at the same time, do you expect to see me there too at the same time? Probably not, and that is because the visions of the game world we are seeing in our individual living rooms aren't the source itself, they are individual representations. They are pretty close, but they are distinct. Maybe your version has bright colors on your tv at home, and more importantly, your version doesn't have my character in it. That is what I think RTZ experiences are. I don't think we are communing with source (game code) directly, I think we are experiencing our own representations of it.

But then I think this is a bit labored lol. I think we get each other by now  wink
175  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: More 'proof' ? on: February 11, 2014, 08:12:11
Decent article, but the "Miss Z" study was done in the 70's or 80's... it is a real classic that seems to get tons of references lol. I wonder if Charles Tart has been doing much research in that direction lately...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 73