The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 29, 2014, 13:40:17

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 72
151  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Re: URGENT!! Psipog.net is Going Down Soon - Dl Before It's Too Late on: December 30, 2013, 01:51:41
I heard Unlimited Boundaries is going down, and if the wealth held within its posts shouldn't be lost, then everyone who reads this should go download the entire post bank (oh, and please click on every ad you see a few times  wink )
152  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: I am the Spiritual Communist on: December 22, 2013, 02:50:20
Wasn't Communism as practiced by the Soviets strictly and militantly atheist, lol?

Oh well, welcome to the pulse  cheesy
153  Healing / Welcome to the Healing place! / Re: Healing request (Uterine fibroid) on: December 21, 2013, 18:37:35
I am wishing for her recovery, and hoping for her to find the proper means of treatment for this condition, whatever it ends up being.
154  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Has anyone ever seen God? on: December 20, 2013, 16:39:52
How could you see God without being God?

If you seen the edge of a flipper, would you say you had seen a blue whale?

The way God is generally defined  in most circles has to do with totality, unity, and infinity; we are equipped to conceptualize ideas like those, but we are not equipped to experience them.

What thing, had you seen it, would have made you say you had seen God? A lot of light? How would something like that, or in fact any finite experience you would have had explain a concept like God fully? I don't doubt you could see something very impressive, but I am near certain whatever it was would fall far short of the definitions ascribed to God.

Did you maybe consider that you are at this very moment experiencing God, and to experience God any more than this, you would perhaps have to be better equipped to experience than you are now?
155  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Blast From the Past! on: December 19, 2013, 12:48:39
That is pretty funny Lion. If you recall a few months back... I met Astral Bruce Springsteen, and he held a concert... in a classroom no less, lol.
156  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: stress cause of almost all illnesses? cool experience. on: December 17, 2013, 20:25:58
No, I don't think the relationship is 90-10, but it is quite significant and understated. I would guess maybe 40-65% of illness is attitude and mind states. There may be some people for whom mental states are a more important indicator, but those people are probably statistical outliers such as monks who focus on mental development for long times.

A huge part of illness is genetic components and predispositions, and another big factor is environmental exposures such as radiation or carcinogens or force fields such as the magnetic fields around electrical equipment. And also far on top is diet, which is probably only slightly less important than attitude, but more important than genetics or pharmacology for disease incidence and effects.

There is a kind of divide right now between Allopathic and Osteopathic medicine in the west; the Allopathic consists of things like surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and physical examinations. The Osteopathic encompasses all those things, but then also includes psychology and diet as important factors. The funny thing is, our society highly favors Allopathic practice, and denegrates Osteopathy, even though Osteopathy is more inclusive (for instance, the worst Allopathic medicine schools are about as selective as the best Osteopathic ones, so the assumption is that Osteopaths are flunky Allopaths, lol, whereas they actually have the superior educations.)
157  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hello! on: December 17, 2013, 00:16:56

We're all friends here lol

Well, mostly everyone...

except Tricky-cross-eyed Pete the sandwich thief. Tricky Pete doesn't have so many friends these days.
158  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: CAUTION: Musician member here:-) on: December 16, 2013, 08:41:34
Hi Marius, I visited a few places in Romania a while back; Sighisoara, Crit, Malancrav, and about a dozen others; we were on a historic survey to document the 12th century Saxon sites. They are around Tarnava Mare in the Transylvania area- what part of the country are you from?

I also love playing the violin  wink

I am not spectacular at it, better at the piano, but it is a great instrument!

You can try to project in all sorts of positions. Lying upon the back seems to work best for most, but many others have done it from a chair or on their side. Also important is what time of day you try; most of us found that early morning, after you wake up in the middle of the night but before it is actually time to wake up is the best time. You will be well-rested so you will be less likely to fall asleep, and your body is best wired to enter that state at that time as it is preparing to put you back to sleep.

159  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Something to ponder not actually do on: December 14, 2013, 23:28:33
It really depends on the substance. They are not all the same. You wouldn't compare Tylenol to Prozac, or coffee to methamphetamines, so there really isn't a responsible way to make a blanket statement about all "drugs". A few have their uses, and some should never be touched by anyone.

I am assuming you are talking about heroin or something similar (you don't have to say which), to which I would reply with most of the drugs of that class, there is simply no safe way to experiment with them. Just as you would be hard-pressed to find a doctor to tell you the safe level of cyanide you can drink, I don't think any responsible person would recommend any dose of those drugs for any reason. You wouldn't use a flame thrower to light a birthday candle, and I am afraid that is what you are doing when you are trying to derive benefits from something of that addictive and toxicological severity.
160  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Nelson Mandela Transitioned on: December 12, 2013, 21:55:44
A lot of people seem to remember Mandela dying in prison, and so many in fact that some among those have theorized it is a symptom of a timeline shift. Somehow I don't think that is the reason... I feel like there must have been some event that a mass number of people confused or mis-remembered as Mandela dying in prison. Not sure what that might have been though...
161  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Re: Avatar Image Problems on: December 11, 2013, 08:51:57
That is funny, because it said you have been here for precisely a week, lol, so that must mean from day one.

Maybe the image is incorrect scale? I know that the avatar function likes images on the smallish size more toward thumbnail scale.
162  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Nelson Mandela Transitioned on: December 06, 2013, 09:58:46
At first I thought you were talking about the Mandela "timeline split" idea that so many people brought up, lol:

http://mandelaeffect.com/nelson-mandela-died-in-prison

Then I noticed he was dead for real, not in some internet fantasy lol.
163  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Firearms on: December 06, 2013, 07:29:03
Indeed. For me I think it is that I sometimes read your posts in the Dr. Strangelove voice  wink

Does that mean other people read my posts as proclamations from Krishna, lol?
164  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Coast to Coast AM Radio on: December 06, 2013, 05:36:01
Yeah, I follow you Lionheart, but people who want to follow fundamentalist ideas will find any excuse to reject what seems to be reason. For instance, if anything should have convinced people the earth wasn't 5 or 6 thousand years old, fossil records of all manner of bizzare creatures ought to have given the hint that this place might be a bit older than advertised. But then it was the devil that put all those things there. And then we can look at the detailed scientific explorations of evolutionary biology from the perspective of molecular biochemical indicators, and all of the rungs of biomorphic steps in developing something like retinal tissue, or fingers. But then all of those sciency people are self-decieved.

People are on the whole just not fully rational, and this is just how it is. You can tell them the the sky is magenta all day everyday, and of course they will reject that. But then if you find the verse in the book that explains that the sky is really magenta but the devil is making people believe it is every color but magenta, guess what color the sky will then be, lol.
165  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Firearms on: December 05, 2013, 20:46:28
Hehe, you have a long memory for this stuff Threadkiller, but I think I need to point out a semantic difference between intent of those quotes and how they were employed here.

When I used the umbrella term "technology" in that situation, I think it was understood from context that I was referring specifically to technological development, because if I recall that thread was about how technologically-induced abundance would alleviate human suffering. I made that statement because I feel it is clear that we have sufficient technology at this time for all humans and other creatures to be treated with respect and care, and to live worthwhile lives, if we had the corresponding ideologies for that to be possible.

I was not in fact saying that all solutions to our problems could be solved without the use of any technologies (perhaps that is true also, but I don't have enough information to argue that far).

There are all sorts of situations, such as a building on fire, where using our current technologies leaves us better than not using them.

If we substitute those intended meanings into that statement and apply it to this context, I suppose it would come out something like this:

"The problems of the current era in the US are not due to lack of development in the area of firearms, and deadlier weapons for all will not lead to a safer future"

But here in this thread I am not arguing that we need bigger and better guns and then everything would be solved. I am rather arguing that we need some means of resisting a possible dystopian system, after the fact of its development.
166  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Firearms on: December 05, 2013, 09:13:06
My dad is a cop and he told me in the academy they were taught verbal judo. 90% of the time if the person is not on drugs you can talk them out of acting like a loon and turn their whole mood around. It's interesting stuff

Very true.

I think more police should be heavily pushed toward "verbal Judo" because there is a particular tendency toward heavy-handedness today, and shooting first and sorting it out later.

Ideas and presentation have a powerful and under-appreciated effect. Socrates knew that, and it was one of the factors that led to his demise.
167  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Firearms on: December 05, 2013, 05:51:18
Hi Threadkiller, good to see you.

Don't get me wrong, I think in this day and age a new American resistance would be a mess. There is not enough cultural unity or unity of ideas for it to be cohesive, you are right in that. But the very presence of those means of resistance sets the stage for the discussion. If that resistance presented itself, I think at some point a considerable percentage of those called to enforce government edicts against them would abandon their posts, as only so many people are willing to fire upon their own countrymen en mass. Beyond that, if the will of greater than 80% of the country was with resistance, even if they weren't active participants, there are limits on how long the fighting element of the remaining 20% could maintain the energy, transportation, and  manufacturing / materials infrastructure to support its fighting machine in such a large and frontierless arena. If that means of resistance wasn't present, that moment could never occur and any number of Orwellian schemes would be free to transpire for quite awhile without a means of change. So in that sense the guns aren't significant because I expect them to be used, but rather because the very idea that they could be puts limits on what society may or may not become.

I do not think our current government is an Orwellian dystopia yet, but in my mind the seeds are there for it to become a terrible force in less than 20 years. The US government gets more credit for mass surveillance than the UK or China and Russia do when those others have comparable programs, but even so that apparatus is being used for harassment and worse today. You might have heard the story where people of a certain political bent were singled out by the IRS for much greater tax audit scrutiny. There is plenty of evidence that individuals with views deemed incendiary are being intensely watched, so that later when those people may align their writings or speeches against US government interests, there will be enough material on them that they may "character assassinated" before they gain a larger following. In such a climate, where those with even the potential to speak words against a political regime are pre-emptively targeted for social removal, I think this population should have any means available to it if it ever becomes too much, even if there are few with any real means to use them effectively. In fact, I think the idea that a resistance would use its weapons ineptly against an expert and supremely organized and armed adversary is an argument even more so that those few and limited weapons should never be taken from them.

I am not completely familiar with the Canadian government, so I can't speak from any great knowledge base, but from my perspective that government seems amazingly benevolent and informed compared to this one. There is a powerful thread of collusion between corporate elements and government here that is a great corrupting force that the Canadians seem to have suffered to a much lesser degree. Our medical system is setup as massively for-profit industry while I tend to view yours as fairly progressive. The US has built much of its power around heavy-handed military pressure and the threat of massive and purposeless devastation. Again, Canada has seemed content to stay out of such things. I think a lot of it may be tied to the idea that Canada is a very resource-rich nation with a very small population to benefit from those great resources, similarly to how Norway or Denmark have become very progressive nations under similar circumstances. There are also powerful banking interests which seem to be rooted here and in the UK that have shaped the forms of our societies and their corresponding governments. I guess the point of this huge ramble is that I think it is quite logical to argue that the US government is a far more fearsome force than the current Canadian government, lol. Even if only one third of people's suspicions against it have substance, it may pose a great threat to the world at large.

This is also speculation on my part, but I think the unwillingness to align to unified ideologies and causes is partially natural, and partially engineered. We live in a very polyphonous society; so many people have a voice, that while they may all be entertained, there are too many concepts and speakers out there for any of them to reap much of the total interest. This is also true in places like Germany where there are 20 viable political parties, and sometimes the labor party wins out, sometimes the green, sometimes the progressive, etc. That whole dialogue in the US is more contained to the media, because there is an artificial power establishment which doesn't allow anyone who doesn't identify with the red or blue parties here to have any say. Beyond that, as I mentioned before, I don't think a Martin Luther King or such a figure could arise nearly as easily today, because I feel they would be immediately targeted for character assassination for the political threat they posed to established interests. It could happen, but I think the energy required to achieve such a figure, and among so many other potential figures, is much higher, perhaps prohibitively high.
168  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Firearms on: December 04, 2013, 01:52:28
There is a bit of a cultural divide between the US and the UK on this issue for obvious reasons. I tend to agree with the US side of the issue; firearms are principally a check to government totalitarianism- the reasoning being that if the population has the means of resistance, then there is only so much injustice that they can be subjected to before a reaction is caused; disarming a population renders them the captives of their government. the Federalist Papers, which are a collection of writings prior to the writing of the US constitution make explicitly clear that such was the true and intended purpose of the US second constitutional amendment that so many people like to quote.

That is more or less my reason for supporting their proliferation here; I don't particularly like gun culture or glamorization of weapons, but I view them as socially necessary.
169  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Firearms on: December 03, 2013, 06:17:07
My opinions...

I detest weapons of all kinds, and I think firearms are necessary pillar of society. I believe, at least in the western societies I have lived in, it is best for a large percentage of the citzenry to keep and maintain firearms, although I think in most situations those firearms don't need to be walking the streets, and that if you need a gun to go to a certain place, maybe you shouldn't be going there anyhow if you can help it.

As far as shooting a person while you are trapped in your home and your family is endangered... if you are forced to, and you have no other real options because of the circumstance, using the minimum amount of force necessary to take control of the sitatuation seems perfectly reasonable to me. If that minimum amount is firing a gun, then so be it. I am not one of those who believe any person who trespasses onto your property ought to be shot dead, but I can conceive of dire situations in which it is either fire or allow ghastly things to occur.

I don't really see this as a gun issue per se though, but rather a "use of force issue" as you have framed it at least, and what you really seem to be asking is if there are circumstances when it is best to use a fair amount of force to solve a problem. I don't see guns themselves as spiritually significant, in a positive or negative way. I think the relevant factors are your intention (your reason for wanting to use force, and your desires for all relevant agents good and bad), the level of force used relative to the threat, the necessity to use force given the situation, and the stakes.

If I put myself in that position, and it were only my life at stake, I would weigh whether it were more important for me to be safe or the intruder, if there was time available. I don't particularly need to live at this point, and in some cases, the human life of the intruder might be more valuable than mine. I don't on the other hand fault others for defending themselves against any aggressor. If I was standing in protection of others, my hand would need to be much faster to act. We can't be bogged down weighing the extreme long term future karma of such situations against present need. I think if the decision for all intents appeared to be the correct one in the present given what information you had, if there is such a thing as karma, then I would expect the effect to be minimal.

For instance, let's give two situations:

1) A person sees someone who they suspect is about to break into an empty house, and they fire a gun and hit the person, injuring them. Later it turns out their guess was correct, and the person was a burglar.

2) A person is in charge of the safety of several others, and another person draws a firearm and points it at a crowd, and prepares to shoot. The original person fires at the potential perpetrator and kills them. Later it turns out the weapon was actually a toy gun, but for all intents and purposes was identical to a real one, and made the same sounds, and the threat appeared very real, immediate, and extreme.

If I was in charge of Karma, I would place more blame on the first person than the second, because they used more force than was necessary and for insufficient reason. I don't find the outcome as important as the intent.

At least that is how I weigh things.
170  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What does everybody do for a living? on: December 02, 2013, 03:08:28
I'll hazard that *The* repairman is that repairman so far above all others that the others aren't even counted anymore (and thus being the only repairman reckoned, he ceases to merely be only "a" repairman), and that must be you, of course.
171  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Bonjour from france ! on: November 28, 2013, 18:59:21
Merci and welcome ! 

I have never been to France outside of the Paris airport, but I have been around French Belgium in Ciney and Rochefort, so I guess that is sort of close  cheesy

What are your interests / involvements in parapsychology?
172  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: cannabis users? on: November 26, 2013, 16:16:04
LOL, I tried it once before for "pain management" and it had the reverse effect. It actually relaxed the muscles, which made the nerve pain worse or relaxed the nerves which made the muscular pain worse. Anyways it didn't work. But, in it's defense, sometimes my Percocet does the same thing.  tongue

Yeah, clearly it isn't the be-all do-all, and in its pain management capacity it depends heavily on the nature of what is causing the pain. I have had relatives though with some types of nerve pain or cancer effects and it ended up being one of the few things that helped them cope.

I am a person who is very suspicious of the pharmaceutical industry; it has produced a handful of good compounds over the years, but the danger is that there is a strong profit motive behind everything it does, and that many imperfect substances which have so many ill effects they may outweigh the benefit are being railroaded through. Cannabis isn't without its own drawbacks, but for many people limited short term use can help them deal with their conditions with much less side-effects than their pharmaceutical alternatives.

I think it is sort of a polarizing topic; people have been strongly taking one side or the other; those who support it will behave as though it is a magical plant with no negative sides, and those against it will demonize it in any absurd way possible. The truth as with most things I think lies firmly in the middle.
173  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: cannabis users? on: November 26, 2013, 04:41:22
I think it is something that can be useful in measured amounts with balance. It is like most good things in life... a little ice cream can be a good thing, 2 gallons will take its toll.

It can help people with chronic pain and change their life for the better if used in balance, and I think that is its main use. I think it can have its uses for others if touched quite infrequently, but chronic use changes that.

Once a year... a new perspective. Once a day... a crutch and a ball and chain, and you can be sure it will drag you down pretty deep.
174  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Coast to Coast AM Radio on: November 22, 2013, 02:08:10
Graham goes a bit far for my tastes sometimes, but I agree with his general talking points. I think the evidence is very strong that at least a handful of civilizations probably between 20,000-50,000 years old that have not been recognized were clearly peppered about the earth. Cases in point- the massive pyramids under Bosnia, the South American sites such as Pumu Punku, and a few suggestions that the Africans which were believed to be the first humans actually came from an older Asian tribe that may have been civilized. I don't know how far these older civilizations got, and I don't expect those in particular to have industrialized for instance, but I think if you go back much further, say millions of years, an industrial civilization may just possibly have predated us.
175  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What is meant by the Astral as Thought Responsive? on: November 21, 2013, 04:07:21
Yes and no. You will find you will see a lot of things that you thought about a split second before; sometimes a hair's-breadth-thought can drop you into a totally new place. I say yes as well though because intention is another word for "will", and will can be another word for "focus". As you would imagine, bringing something into focus strengthens the extent to which it manifests, so what you ultimately choose will be what happens to a very great extent most of the time. When you first explore though you will need to get used to having a meditative mindset because the "thought responsive" nature as you say is on a hair trigger.

You will have thought, "Wow I am really here!", and of course that will carry the implication that you could just as easily not have made it there, and back to your waking world you will go.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 72