The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 19, 2017, 19:37:49

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 [88]
2176  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / I am a noobie :< on: January 24, 2004, 16:43:27
Hello!

If it is the case that your question is pretaining to the vernacular use of these terms, then it is that I may give you somewhat of a diligent tresponse.

Astral- The theoretical (to most of us on these forums well-proven)state of reality which exists in four dimensionality. It is said that this level of existence is almost purely emtional and mental in nature, and sensitive to the thoughts of those who inhabit it (theoretically everyone.) Most of us agree that one may reach this realm through focusing the mind, and at the same time easing one's mind out of physical existnece's sync. According to the mainstream group which associates on this site, this "place" is also the destination of the awareness of those who die.

Chakra-Somewhat centralized location- one of seven primary- which is the entrance for non-physical energy into the body, and a conduit through which this same energy spoken of trvels through. It is believed that proper orientation of these seven primary sites helps one to better control their thoughts and physical processes, as well as become more attuned to the subtler realms.

Brow-The sixth of the seven Chakras, often thought of as one of the pricipal Chakras involved in the extra-mental processes. It is often referred to as the "third eye", as it is tradionally thought of as being locatede in the center of the forehead.  

These terms are quite esoteric, but that is only because they are used in dealing with some out-of-the-oridnary topics, and if they sound slightly absurd, that is only the opinion of the individual; and I must say that you should not be so quick to dismiss something which you know nothing about.

Hope this helps

Stillwater
2177  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Earth's potential energy. on: December 04, 2003, 20:20:44
It all depends upon what belief system you follow. It is my belief that consciousness is the thing that creates reality itslef, and that the physical world is one manifestation of the infinite vision of the creator. In my eyes, since physical reality derives itself form integrations and articulations of consciousness, then it is not illogical to reach the conclusion that matter and energy are in themselves conscious and sentient.

It is quite obvious and utterly backable that all of the energy of the earth comes from the sun, with the exception of the enrgy released from the core of the mantle, which itself originated from the sun millions of years ago. That energy which we recieve through this manner first passes through heterotrophic-based (plant) converters, which place this energy in acceptable and usable forms. It is not far-fetched to view subtle energies originating form the sun eventually passing through an energy matrix in the conscious network of the Earth,and passing into our own systems through remarkable and intricate infrastructures. To say that we have an intimate tie with the Earth is defendable, weather or not you take it that the Earth has some sort of higher unified consciousness, which several of the belief systems advocated at this site would dictate.
2178  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / What's "your" goal in studying subjective reality? on: November 24, 2003, 18:36:44
Forgive me in that I have received too many excellent responses to reply to individually. The context of my question was merely thus: I have been a practioner of self-advancement and spiritual evolution via concentrated meditation and mindfulness of the root of desire and action for a good many years. My inquiry regarding your outlook upon the value of your pursuit of God and higher existence (and/or other) through cultivation of the ability to consciously project your perception into the subtle realms was directed at divulging the worth of the techniques of mental projection and active awareness shifts as it is evidenced by individually-based expierence. I have been considering devoting time to such studies, and I wished to be sure that my time would be well placed, as time is one of my dear quantities. I thank you for your diligent responses, as each of them was focused and open in a style unique to the nature of the writer. I would agree with you all that the somewhat-loosely aimed quest to the creator is best taken with the proper tools and techniques, and it has become ever more clear to me that astral projection is a worthwhile vehicle.[Smiley]
2179  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / What's "your" goal in studying subjective reality? on: November 23, 2003, 12:18:41
I would agree with most all of the last few posts. The irrefutable proof that there is a subtler existence to the known universe is highly comforting to those who might find their ideas in question;  the pursuit of higher plains and realms of understanding is certainly a natural and taint-free enterprise; and the longing to return to lost paradises is understandable in the highest regard[Wink]

These are all good interpretations of what seemed to be at the heart of my post, but I suppose that it was my sublimenal intention to ask you of the one climatic expeirence with higher realms which made your efforts to attain subjective consciousness seem utterly fruitful.
2180  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / What's "your" goal in studying subjective reality? on: November 22, 2003, 22:00:13
Yes! Flying is good... Freedom and mental expansion are the obvious effects of becoming a serious projecter, but what do you think that you have learned from projection itself? What one thing do you think that projection has made clear to you that you would not have accepted otherwise?
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 [88]