The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 24, 2018, 15:34:31

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 90
26  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: So bothered and ticked off about relationship towards suicide on: June 19, 2018, 04:49:17
It is one of those case by case things. There are huge differences between people in a state where they are likely to suicide / have suicided. Some of these people may have made a rational choice, others may have made a less reasonable choice. Most human situations are like that.

People in a terminal situation, where it costs them a lot of anguish to keep living... I think strong arguments can be made that it is logical and acceptable for those people to suicide.

Rational cases can be made that is is reasonable for people to suicide to avoid falling into the hands of a viscious enemy in a war or war-like situation.

A common component with people who are in a state where they are likely to suicide is that they believe, rightly or wrongly, that their situation will never improve. Determining how well-founded they are in this reasoning can be a helpful first step in considering how to help them. Many people can be put into a frenzied / irrational state by a temporary situation. Some of these people can be helped by a person who can give their situation perspective.

Most suicidal people resent being lied to or spoken to in an unnatural way by would-be helpers. One of the challenges for helping them is that you should be truthful, while helping them to gain a better outlook on reality, where appropriate.

Lives do have value, and generally should not be wasted casually if it can be helped.
27  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Re: How can Traditional Chinese Medicine become mainstream? on: June 16, 2018, 02:49:09
Most clinical trials that 'evaluate' alternative healing methods seem not even worth the paper they are written on.

That can be a fair point. There are plenty of studies with poor methodologies, and plenty of studies which show some bias toward those funding them. There is also a tendency to only publish studies that support the desired conclusions of the funder, so you can't just take the studies themselves into account, but have to evaluate the cultural background that sourced them too.

But the problem is also that they are unfortunately the only potentially reliable way to study the claims of alternative medicine practitioners.

We cannot self test and use that, because as noted the placebo effect can be quite strong compared to the claimed results of some of these systems. We can't really use word of mouth to evaluate them either, since these are just singular anecdotes, and don't bear the same weight as a responsibly generated statistic, due to random variance, or reporting bias.

I agree that there are major systemic problems in how the studies are done and collected, but then what other reliable method do we have to evaluate these systems? 

And then there's the elephant in the room ... the hated placebo effect that should not even exist in the first place in the worldview of mainstream medicine. It is a mind healing effect more or less, dependent on or in part independent of the method administered, that is true. But in general it can be said that for the mainstreeam it should better not exist either ... I could go on here, but better let go now.

The placebo effect really is a strange and mysterious thing, no doubt about it. It is hard to say exactly how it works. I don't think the scientific world really hates it though... medical trials recognize its importance at every step of their design... the whole reason we need double blinds to begin with.

28  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Re: How can Traditional Chinese Medicine become mainstream? on: June 15, 2018, 00:07:59
Acupuncture is an odd thing, in that it works, but only slightly.

The placebo component seems to account for 80% of the effectiveness in clinical trials.

For instance, a person with no knowledge of acupuncture, who uses needles at random, is 80% as effective as a person well trained, the trials indicate.

But if it is providing people with results, and not doing harm, then great.

------------------------

I agree with you in general though. There are many forms of treatments that are better on the whole than western pharmaceuticals. It comes down to powerful lobbying by the drug companies that shut out other valid treatments. We are just now getting over the blacklisting of marijuana as a powerful treatment for a number of illnesses, in some cases over and above the most effective pharmaceuticals.
29  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Stillwater's Dream Journal on: May 19, 2018, 04:05:48
It was very much a scene that could have happened in the physical world. It was completely consistent, and didn't contain any rogue elements or the normal dream weirdnesses. It was like a slice from my earlier life, with just the arrangements of things slightly different. Like the studio was the same, except a different floor plan. The people were the same but with different faces or names. I'd definitely met that cashier someplace in a different form.

Usually my dreams are less straightforward and accurate than that.

Rome seems to be a favorite dream location lately! Must be the 5th dream I have had set in that time and place, and they are usually pretty vivid.
30  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Stillwater's Dream Journal on: May 18, 2018, 20:34:10
May 18, 2018

Hi all!  Not so many dreams lately... maybe I have been a bit stressed by allergies and work.

This dream was pretty vivid though, and I remember it clearly. It is another of these university dreams I have had a lot lately, which seem to be crowding out the common "lost class" Highschool dream that I and a lot of others get.

-----------------------

I am sitting in the studio in Rome finishing up some of our final assignments. The studio is an open floor covered in rows of large desks with occasional aisles cutting across the rows. The desks are littered with work from the following weeks, and the studio is lit by dim evening light. The windows are open and a welcome background breeze is livening things up a bit, and bringing in some damp air from outside. It is a lot like the studio was that year, but the arrangement of everything is a bit different.

Most of the students have left... maybe 20% of people are still around. I have a mind to be gone from here pretty soon as well. I am walking through the aisles, looking over at the work some other people are doing. They glance over at me as I pass, but don't really say anything or express any emotion. It is nearing dinner time, and I am also looking around for someone to go eat with tonight. I ask one of my friends, but she says she is busy. I ask another young lady I know less well, but she is also not interested. I continue looking over some of the work and books people have left out. I see another young lady out at the other side of the room, and I have a funny feeling she has a kind of contempt for me as a person somehow, and always has, but I look at her turned back, and think to myself that I will invite her anyhow, because I don't particularly dislike her. I stand behind her for about 8 seconds, wondering if I really ought to ask her, but I do. She makes some sort of excuse about meeting other friends that is clearly a poorly improvised lie. I resign to just go out alone instead.

I was thinking about getting a rather large meal, since I haven't eaten in about a day or so, but I have no one to really go with tonight, and as I am leaving the building, I pass through a small open-air cafe. I pick out a pre-made salad meal that is neatly packaged, and read out the price, which says 14.69 Euro. This seems quite high to me, but I get it anyhow. I bring it up to the Cashier, who is a bitter sort of old guy who looks like he wants some fun harrassing foreigners, and uses an aggressive Italian dialiect, but my Italian is fairly good this year, so I am able to follow him well. He tells me the price, and I fish around in a small basket for some money. I see I have a 20 Euro note, a room key, and a bank card. That year we also had to purchase some voucher tickets from the university, so they could be assured none of the students would starve, hehe. Since they are the least valuable form of currency we have, and only good for food purchases across the city, we would prioritize spending them first, but oddly I don't see any in my basket when I look. I think to myself, this 20 just barely covers the Salad. What if we had gone out, would I have had enough to cover dinner that night? There would be plenty still left on my bank card, but then what if the bank card didn't work at that establishment?

The cashier completes the exchange, and says something cheeky. I ask if everything is good now, and he says, "No, you haven't taken your change back." I take the change, and walk off.

The rain is coming down gently. I am walking a broad cobblestoned street with sidewalks in the historic district. The buildings are about 4-6 levels tall. The streets are mostly empty of cars, but a few still pass by here or there. There is a great big puddle coming up that covers the sidewalk and part of the street. It is about 150 feet across, and I judge it must be a foot or more deep at its center. A few people are trying to cross it regardless, but I decide I will cross the street to avoid it. I look out to make sure there are no cars coming. There are some, but they are quite far away. As I am crossing, I reflect on how the cars in this city will not stop if they see a pedestrian, but just continue without regard. As I am almost to the other sidewalk, I ask myself if I should be running, since the cars cannot be counted on to stop. I decide I have enough time and don't run.

I think about how I will just wander the city aimlessly through the rain for the next few hours. I think about all the slightly damp places I will see, and the spectacle of it all... the small dramas I will witness. I get caught up in this reverie and it takes me out of the scene, and I sort of fade away.

31  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Yup, another beginner on: May 04, 2018, 16:01:23
Hey Rose! good to see you made it in, hehe!  cool
32  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: I have proof that GOD cannot be black!!! on: May 01, 2018, 06:53:08
I think he is a really cool guy actually, and one of the first I read in the field from the contemporary authors. I do think he fostered a lot of unhealthy ideas, and used his status as an expert to build a small cult in some senses, hehe.

That tends the happen in this field naturally to some extent though too.
33  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Aliens and light speed on: May 01, 2018, 06:49:29
I guess it also depends on how hard it is to colonize and exploit space on a galactic scale.

If it turns out that is very easy for us, like folks like Kurzweil seem to think, it probably indicates our galaxy is completely empty of any other civilizations, or someone would have already converted the entire galaxy to computing substrata or whatever use they decided a billion years back. The harder we find interstellar exploitation of resources within a 1000 years from now, the more likely there are to be other civs lol.
34  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: I have proof that GOD cannot be black!!! on: May 01, 2018, 03:37:39
Yeah I remember stuff like this. The Pulse was way wackier back then, lol. I think part of it may have been the early internet, and part of it was that this was before the split with Robert Bruce. A lot of the wackiness left with him, lol.
35  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: The Event - Mass Awakening - Dimensional Transcendence on: April 19, 2018, 05:46:55
Yeah for me... It was around 1998-99, and I was just coming to grips with the idea that there were things about this world which were not obvious to me only years before. I had been reading all of the Upanishads I could find. I read a bit online here or there too. I am sure some of you would remember "Spiritweb", hehe.... it was a collection of useful articles about meditation mixed in with heaping piles of new age lies, lol. But I read some of the latter, and entertained it. If some of what I thought about the world was wrong, why not other things? The big one that year was Niburu, which was coming in the year 2000. It was a dubious story to me, but then I kept an open mind. I kept an eye out to the sky for any signs as it was described to be approaching. Never saw anything. The date came and went. And the people on about Niburu started making new dates for next year. And they did it again the year after that. It was the perfect illustration to me that I should be careful about letting my "bs detector" become too lax.

I didn't believe per se, but I kept an open mind, and I didn't dismiss it as total rubbish until after the fact. I am very scientifically minded. I believe in reason and evidence. I have worked in an engineering field for years. I should not have supposed that for a minute that such a large object could be out there but unknown to science, but somehow I let that one slide.

That was probably the closest I ever came to the cult mindset. Now let's say I had a few more warning traits... like I had a broken homelife, no life prospects, I felt desperate, maybe I had been a person with some substance issue. Add a couple of those traits to my mindset at the time, and you have a person very vulnerable to cult-thinking.

It's sort of funny too... the same ones they've been using for years are still in use... 5th dimension / the greys / Niburu / Pole shift are still in circulation every 2 years or so, hehe.
36  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Where do dreams take place? on: April 10, 2018, 12:41:54
To me, the signs indicate that dreams and projections both take place in our heads.

Note that this doesn't mean they are "unreal", or have no connection to metaphysical realities, just that the actual processing of our sense experience seems to be wired through our brains in both cases.

We have this idea that because we seem to be traveling away from our beds in a projection, that we have moved, and are therefore some other place, but my interpretation is that the movement all happens in a "mental space".

Some data points that to me back up this interpretation:

-our physical world personality is with us through all the experiences

-it is easy to wake from a projection or dream and be instantly "back" in our bodies, which suggests that we never left them to begin with

-even models that include some form of travel indicate that our physical body is always close by, but I think they are ignoring the obvious

-sense experiences from our physical surroundings often enter our dreams and projection experiences

-the same conditions which promote dreams also promote projections

-becoming excited often rouses our physical body and takes us out of the experience

My view of it all is that dreams and projections are closely related experiences; they exist on the same continuum, and only distinctions of the level of lucidity distinguish what we call a dream from a projection.

There will be others with different interpretations, of course.
37  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: The Event - Mass Awakening - Dimensional Transcendence on: April 03, 2018, 05:54:56
Well, honestly, it isn't new language to me. It goes back before my time to the 70's, when they would talk about a shift to the 5th dimension that would happen in 2 years. It always seems to be right around the corner. Very similar predictions were made when the new agers moved to the internet around 97, and a new audience was there.

The Heaven's Gate cult (which ended in mass suicide in 1997) took up the same message right on schedule, but at the last moment, changed their preaching to indicate that the adherents had to die at the right moment to be taken away by the Hale Bop comet.

I recall similar messages from groups from 2000-2003. It died down after that, but came back with a vengeance in the 2012 movement.

Ultimately, to understand what is behind it, you have to understand American cultism, and how it propagates.

Cult leaders look for people who are on the fringes of society, and who don't fit in. These people are usually either desperate, or want some major change in their lives. Sometimes they feel like they can barely hold on in their current state in society. These people are vulnerable to indoctrination. They are told a story about how not only are things going to change, they are going to change drastically and fast, and they can prepare themselves for the changes. This is the magic bullet for picking them up and getting them to the van.

The same core messages from these cults trickled into the new age movement, and spread to people who were outside the cults, but who were in a similar state of mind to people who would normally be vulnerable. We see them echoing even today.

I think that if you are mentally responding to messages like this, it is worth taking a step back, and asking yourself if you are in a similar state of mind.

-Do you feel like you can't make it another 2 years on this earth as things are going?
 -Do you feel like you are at the end of your rope?
 -Do you feel like you are different from everyone around you?
 -Would you like everything to be different?

If you are coming to these ideas from this state of mind, you need to be aware that you may be vulnerable to this form of trickery.
38  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Dancing into yourself on: March 07, 2018, 14:13:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1NrQYXjLU

Yeah I already do this all the time, hehe. I love dancing with headphones on... it is like a special moment that happens every now and then... like reality ramps up 5 clicks for just a little while!

I have also tried what Lumaza suggested in the past, and it is also amazing. I tend to still have some physical movement though, because it gets hard not to... but something about lying down while being in a state of "dancing" makes it a totally different experience... almost like one of the most intense things we are wired to feel as humans. I have been meaning to write a bit about this topic and several others connected at length when I have a big block of time!
39  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Where is robert monroe. on: February 28, 2018, 23:18:25
Indeed. In contemplating the possible, it doesn't hurt to remember the known!

If you can't laugh at the death of a man who would laugh at his own death...
40  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Where is robert monroe. on: February 27, 2018, 21:55:03
A safe answer!
41  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Ayahuasca on: February 21, 2018, 17:16:38
I don't mean to jump on your back here Thomas, as I know you mean well as always, but just to clear up what I think is the opposition opinion here:

I think you guys might be underestimating the potency of a DMT experience.

I think most people here recognize that DMT / Ayahuasca is potentially the most powerful of all psychedelics widely available. The experiences people have with it are often profound, and often useful for giving a healthy person a new perspective to work with in their life. That isn't really in dispute. It is also fairly safe to use in the right environment and situation.

What I and others are taking issue with is the idea that these tools can be used to get a life badly off track patched up in a day. In this field there is a large escapist element. A lot of people are looking for a way to get beyond their day-to-day problems. Maybe they are in an unfortunate circumstance they would like to exit.

There are two separate concepts here:

-The idea of altered states of consciousness as a gateway to a more interesting life
-The idea of altered states of consciousness as a tool to fix your life

We have to be pretty careful, because we are talking about both concepts at once, so we have to specify which we mean at any given moment to be clear. I am concerning myself here with the second concept.

My argument is that if you would like to use altered states and a focus on your own thought patterns to improve the quality of your life, you have to do it slowly and carefully over a long period. It takes quite a while to cultivate a healthy state of mind and make it habitual. This is one of the long term benefits of meditative practices.

Something like Ayahuasca may supplement such a process, but it cannot replace your own practice and responsibilities. It will not fix you by itself. In fact, it may even unhinge a person who is already in an erratic state of mind.

Another example is MDMA being used in a clinical setting. The substance itself can be very useful for people in helping to overcome a number of metal disorders, like PTSD. But it is useful in a very controlled setting, and in conjunction with an introspective practice from the individual, directed by a professional.

I am emphasizing the need to sort out the problems in your life by your own effort, or with the help of a cognitive therapist (as opposed to a pill-pusher). The greatness of the eastern traditions is that they are predicated on the ability of the individual to improve their mental states through their own thoughts. This is the real gift any of these practices have for the world. It just isn't possible for substances alone to make this change, and I think we have to be careful to counsel individuals looking for a substance-based improvement without any other component accordingly.
42  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Ayahuasca on: February 19, 2018, 02:54:38
From what I understand of the substance from readings over this past decade, and explanations from those who have taken part (plus my own experiences in this area), I don't think it will be quite what you guys are expecting it to be.

It is the type of substance whose biggest lasting effect is that it will help you create a new perspective for your life by showing you some things that you don't expect to work through in that moment.

You will not leave as a superhero, you will not start your career as "astral man". It will likely be a good experience, but it is not the sort of thing to place all your bets in life on. You need to do that yourself unfortunately, or fortunately. I can reason all this out from past experiences in my life that this heavily reminds me of. When I was quite a bit younger, I sort of viewed projection as a magic door to a more meaningful life... I mean, it both is and isn't. Most of the change happens inside you, and is based around your choices for how to view the world, and what mental states to cultivate in your normal life.

It is sort of like fantasizing about a vacation. The thing about vacations, is most of the year you aren't on one. You can't say to yourself, I will be happy once I am on the vacation. You need to work out your life so that you are happy when you wake up in the morning.
43  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Stillwater's Dream Journal on: February 11, 2018, 14:51:02
Yeah it is nice to have those every once in a while! Being lucid through such an experience makes it even better! I never really tire of these flying experiences, and this one was particularly memorable!
44  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Stillwater's Dream Journal on: February 07, 2018, 01:49:44
Feb. 5 2018

Hi all! Haven't made an entry in a while, since I have been pretty pre-occupied, so here is a neat one I remember very vividly this past night!

It has lots of themes which have come up in previous dreams in this list, including being back in University, and losing shoes!

-------------------------------------

So the first thing I remember is that I am walking through the streets of my old university, which are fairly different from what they are in real life. I am walking for around 20 minutes, and the sun is showing signs of setting, and it gets slightly foggy / hazy. I walk alongside a pitch for playing sports, which is lined with dim lights, and throngs of people. When I am closer, I can see that there are pillars of water jetting out of the ground for 30 feet into the air, at regular intervals, maybe 20 feet apart in a row. There are people shouting and panicing, and someone says, "The power is out, the poweplant must be venting! That is the water from the powerplant, nothing is holding it back now!" I recall for a moment that my university is run by a nuclear power plant (it isn't in real life, it is coal-powered, lol), and that this water is irradiated. I continue walking away from this scene a a fairly fast pace, not really wanting to be around the irradiated water.

I continue walking down the path, and it sort of meanders down a scraggly coastline. The skies are darkening, and there are dark clouds that signal a storm. People are rushing by me on the path, and the wind begins to pick up. People are carrying articles with them as they run past. One person was carrying what I guess was a guitar. Somehow I am not so phased by all of the commotion.

Something that regularly happens to me in dreams is that I will do this sort of "bunny hopping" flight technique, where I can hop into the air, and the wind takes me up with it, and I glide down with fair control after that. The way the wind is picking me up reminds me of that, and I start doing that again immediately. I do some short hops (for this technique) of about 8-10 feet into the air, testing it out again. Someone walks by and says, "Heh, you can do that too?" I nod and smile to him.

The wind is really picking up now, like tropical storm force. I have a little apprehension, thinking that the wind make "take me" far higher than I wanted to go, but I keep hopping anyhow. I give a big 12 foot hop, and indeed it has me. I am being pulled backwards now, and get quickly elevated to around 200 feet in the air, and then put out my arms, which have broad, invisible surfaces that resist the air like wings, and begin gliding along the coast. It is sort of like... I lift through the other scene like it was just a local haze, and things are getting brighter now.

At this point I think I gained full lucidity.

The scene has changed a lot in character. I am gliding down a midday coastline, about 80-120 feet in the air. I am in full control of my flight now, and I feel an ownership over it, like it is something that is my natural vocation. It feels like the thing that I ought to be doing, and everything is well because I am doing it now. The intensity of colors in the scene has really magnified, like they tend to in that lucid state. There is a rolling beach to my left, bordered by a red coastal cliff that goes on in patches to the horizon. The water isn't very deep, it is maybe 10-15 feet, and I can see the red of the sand below mixing with the color of the water. The water itself has a blue-green tint, and has regular white lines of peaks over it like a net. The whites in against the green in particular really evoke a painterly quality.

I am looking out at the whole scene, and I am remarking how much it feels like a painting brought to life... like the patterns feel just a tiny bit abstracted, everything feels idealized, like it was a carefully composed scene where everything was placed to be perfect. I am infatuated with the water and how perfect it is... it has a certain character that I am struggling to verbalize. When we paint, we sometimes capture these symbols from the natural world which say something to us... like the symbol of light rays falling through trees. This water felt like such a symbol, like it was both water, and a symbol of profound ease and well-being that was both real and a perfected abstraction. All the while through this the wind is whipping through my wings and hair, and filling me with a sense of exhileration that is mingling with the sense of ease and well being. 

I am thinking to myself that I can go on for quite a while like this. It is a perfect moment I don't need to leave in a hurry. A sort of funny thing happen then, where I begin to think about my shoes. I am wearing slip-on shoes which are a bit loose. The wind is tugging at them too, and one of them just manages to slip off of my heel, and plunge down into the water and sink. I circle around it, and see it down there through the crystal water, maybe 12 feet down. I feel pretty confident I can retrieve it. I dive down like a streamlined bird through the water, and cut through about 9 feet. I can just about reach the shoe, but I somehow run short of air... maybe the impact knocked some out of me. I swim back up to the surface and ready to try for another dive, confident I will get it this time. But I wake up now, and never get the try, hehe.

-------------------------------------

A few images can almost describe the scene, if you think of qualities from each of them. The first image really captures the shape and color of the cliffs, and the way the red of the sand came through the water. The second image describes the color of most of the water, and how luminous white peaks netted over it all. The image of the painting sort of describes what I mean by the water having this painting-like character to it, like it was almost on a canvas or a watercolor, with some abstraction to the massings of the water... plus the colors were even more vivid than what appears in any of these images.

45  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: The ethical dilemma of eating to live on: December 19, 2017, 03:57:46
I see your point, maybe it is valid to farm humans, if it is valid to farm any conscious unit.

Ha, at least you embrace the logical consequences! I can appreciate that.

Using the converse argument, one can eat things they can kill

But by using the word converse, it indicates you are probably aware that conditionals don't imply their own converses except under special situations.

The above scenario is basically the way we treat plant based food.

But from what we can tell of plants, they don't suffer in the ways animals can. If it turned out they could, then the ethical reasoning changes. It is mostly moot from the state of current knowledge. Sort of like saying, "if it turned out toys were alive, you would feel sorry for how you treated your dolls."

If my toys actually were alive, I would apologize to them when I found out. But is it that likely?
46  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: The ethical dilemma of eating to live on: December 11, 2017, 18:32:41
And many people are willing to kill and eat other people if they are hungry enough. If we applied similar logic to what it seems like you may be using here, the conclusion would be that farming humans for meat was also valid:

Some humans will harvest meat in times of need

Therefore, harvesting meat in all times is justified

------------------

Some humans will eat other humans in times of need

Therefore, eating other humans in all times is justified

------------------

The difference is that the "push comes to shove" part is invoking an extreme. At the extremes, all sorts of things go that wouldn't normally fly. So unless you want to also argue for canibalism in parallel as a bi-product of the argument, we have to be talking about everyday life not in a situation of need... meaning, all things being equal, if you could eat anything, what things would it be best to eat, and why?
47  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: The ethical dilemma of eating to live on: December 09, 2017, 14:14:20
If I couldn't kill it myself, I wouldn't eat it.

I think this is good reasoning. I feel like people would have a lot more respect for living creatures if they were forced to kill the things they chose to eat. The distance modern society creates in a supply chain is an issue I think.
48  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Liberation Sutra on: November 02, 2017, 15:47:07
But why post just the Hindi verses? It is a little misleading, since it actually a very new piece of work.

It is a poem / lyric written by a guy named Daniel Bellone in 2013 to accompany his music:

"Liberation Sutra:

"Enlightenment
Is
Liberation of life
Is
Liberation of the senses
Is
Liberation from the self
Is
Liberation from the mind
Is
Liberation from knowledge
Is
Liberation from conditioning
Is
Liberation from society
Is
Liberation...  "
49  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: The Discovery - Movie on: November 01, 2017, 04:58:33
Klingons aren't supposed to look that way!
50  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: ThaomasOfGrey's Dream Journal on: October 19, 2017, 23:59:57
Big events in our lives tend to show up as echoes in dreams. Even if we don't think of them in waking life, the rest of us remembers them.

I had something similar the other day... something that had happened 12 years ago that I just then dreamt of. I should write that one down too.

It makes me think about how things that have happened to us are effecting us in ways we may not be aware of...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 90