The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 01, 2014, 14:08:21

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 75
76  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Welcome Soarin12!! on: July 11, 2014, 07:44:37
Good to have you with us!

I have enjoyed your perspectives thus far, and look forward to working with you to help keep the forum the great resource it is for our members!

77  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Physics.. on: July 06, 2014, 09:31:01
So....

Having visions of super-relaties?

Check.

Having a perspective in a location far remote from your body?

Check.

Vision a little bit better than usual?

That is a no-go, lol?

Seeing in the dark should be the least difficult part of this story for a normal person to accept  wink

The short of it is... you just aren't constrained by the same rules that apply in physical reality in general... this should be obvious from the act even being possible, if you think about it!
78  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Frank Kepple on the Ghost Box! on: July 06, 2014, 06:43:49
I'm honestly not trying to disrespect anyone here, but there seems to be a lot of room for interpretation.

It was explained by Bluefirephoenix that listening to them as an audio clip doesn't get you very far, because most of the interpretation is being done on samples reversed, or sped-up, etc.

A certain subset of the individual samples in each clip (the ones that closely resemble Am pulse waves as I mentioned earlier) I found pretty hard to interpret as well, and haven't the slightest clue what they could be, if they are anything at all.

Also, as Xanth just said, there is a lot of auxillary information coming in purely in the medium's psyche which is being used to better interpret the ambiguous stretches. Obviously the downside to that is that if one wanted to accept these samples and transcripts at face value, you would be making an act of faith. For the reason that I am not in the medium's head with them, and therefore not privy to the fullest picture, I agree with you that there is not much in the way of proof here. But if you set aside the need for incontrevertible proof immediately, I think this is still a great exercise.
79  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Frank Kepple on the Ghost Box! on: July 06, 2014, 00:41:16
Thanks for the detailed steps, Blue. I didn't mean to pry into things that may have been proprietary to the group, just to get a feel for your analysis procedures mainly.

I looked at the samples myself, and in some cases I was able to match the transcripts somewhat well to the samples at the given time stamps. It was interesting looking at the waves that there were a mixture of frequency-shifting pulse waves of the type that Am radio broadcast uses often, and others of a substrate I couldn't identify well, but which had the clear characteristics of the sound of human speech or of a musical instrument such as a flute or violin, with lots of undertones as you would normally see in those cases.

I wasn't able to get much of anything out of it where you interpreted the pure pulse waves (the ones with lots of flat tops and bottoms), but I can see where your are getting the interpretations from the "speech-like" patterns.
80  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Frank Kepple on the Ghost Box! on: July 05, 2014, 13:40:13
Whether or not our contact here is our Frank, the latest message seems reasonable enough. Focusing on stumbling blocks and impediments which prevent people from learning the art is probably a good thing for this group to focus on, and perhaps even codify in the form of articles or some form of reference... like a sort of, "Here are the issues many of us faced, and here is what we found helped us work around them"

------------

The raw samples are clearly something that needs a systematic approach to interpret. I would be interested in exploring the fine details of the process you guys are employing, Blue, to perhaps see if your methods produce similar transcript interpretations among other technicians.

I am familiar with the general techniques of EVP, and am somewhat acquainted with the concept of what the "ghostbox" does; that said, I am curious what procedures you are following to make contact and generate / select / filter your samples, and then what techniques you guys are using to interpret the waveforms produced into transcripts.

Again, thanks for your efforts!
81  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Wealth! on: July 04, 2014, 20:27:12
That reminds me of a quote from Anthony Robbins, Darkdog:

ďSuccess is doing what you want to do, when you want, where you want, with whom you want, as much as you want.Ē

His idea here seems to be that wealth is really the freedom to do what you would have done had you no external pressures or needs dictating your actions. For some people, that requires a lot of money, others manage to do that on far less. It isn't really tied to how much you have at the time.

There are some musicians, for example, who would rather be doing anything but touring for money, and though they are in an envious position to some, their own personal experiences of it are not that rich. Still others are out there performing because it is in their very blood to do it, and would do so without any other compensation at all. It is clear which of these two kinds of musicians Anthony would call wealthy.

Not the only kind of wealth of course, but that is one person's interesting perspective I think.
82  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Civilization of machines on: July 02, 2014, 03:25:26
No, but I would venture a guess that most of the other civilizations out there are probably machine cultures. They are just more durable and able in the long run. In fact, when earth begins to come into contact with other races, I think we may be dismayed to find that nearly every one of them will be synthetic.

But this is from my reason alone, not contact with such races.
83  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: strange voices on: June 29, 2014, 04:39:25
VERY common.

This is a known phenomenon that almost everyone experiences in the hypnogogic state people pass through on the way to sleep. The practice of projection just has the effect of leaving the projector a bit more aware of this situation.

You aren't weird, and there isn't really too much about the situation to be concerned about. Just sort of a fact of life. In fact, it is one of the middle-of-the-road signposts you are nearing the proper state.
84  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: veil questions on: June 28, 2014, 23:21:13
The "Mayan prophecies" weren't ever really a thing, even to the Mayans.

What if I pointed out to you that on December 31st, the Gregorian calender will run out of days?

In other words, you can start breathing again.

Why not peek behind the veil yourself? We are in the business of doing that here, you know  wink
85  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: What ya think of this? on: June 28, 2014, 11:18:40
He looks like he would be a fun dude to hang out with. He seems to have a good handle on what he wants to be and do.

And thanks for the added context, Volgerle, it really helped to better interpret the first video.
86  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Frank Kepple on the Ghost Box! on: June 28, 2014, 08:38:15
So when you hear more than simple white noise, that is the spirit manipulating the frequencies.

That part might not be true; equipment built to work with signals (transmitters, receivers, sound equipment, signal modulation equipment, etc) can all pick up and interact with stray signals. As an example, I owned a set of speakers that were so built that even while unplugged, they would pickup short-range radio signals and play them back at very high volume. Sound equipment does funny things like that, so when you pick up a signal, it is very difficult to be sure of its source in a situation like this.

But that said, I am still very grateful for the time Bluefire spent with this- I know from working with signals and sound how much work this involves! It may yet be possible to verify the source is indeed Frank, given a lucky break or two.

This is a very good project so far, and one that I will follow closely!

Thanks for all involved!
87  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Does everyone have a spirit guide? on: June 24, 2014, 09:22:38
Haha... great story. The fact of being in a locker room in 7th grade might have given some fair warning that being "pants'ed" was a real possibility, but still maybe so, who can say!
88  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: How much of your mind do you take with you after death of the Human body? on: June 24, 2014, 06:38:18
Why would anyone want to stay here as a spirit with all there is to offer on the other side? Pure bliss and peace, I assume. It makes no sense. And that's the fault of the human mind when taken over by human emotion (i.e possiveness, not forgiving and letting go, guilt etc)

And yet... here we are. We are here, and not there, at least for the moment. There must be a good reason for that. For whatever reason, we chose to go without all of that stuff for a little while. Non-attachment to this world is healthy on some level, but maybe while we are here, it may be good to discover the great meaningfulness in this world too.

89  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Does everyone have a spirit guide? on: June 23, 2014, 00:19:04
t seems everyone has them. But not everyone "experiences" them because it is also a choice - mostly yours (probably even a subconscious one) or sometimes the choice of your guide(s) not to show up. The probable reason: they are used to working in the background for most of the time. That's what they're here for. You lead your life and they provide support. The best support is the one you do not even notice.

That is a good perspective. I have theorized that sometimes the opposite might happen though... every now and then, something of astronomical improbability will happen incidentally; I wonder if those moments might be someone engineering reality to tell me to pay attention to a certain happening or detail. It sounds like a silly anecdote (and truth be told, it really is, but I choose this particular time because an approximate probability is easy to arrive at), but sometime this past spring, I was at a friend's party; they had a bowl of jelly beans, and I reached in, and grabbed 11. Every jellybean was the same color. I looked back in the bowl, and there were five colors, of more or less equal distribution. The chance of getting a set of 11 of any one color in a large enough bowl is around 1 in 9,765,625, or 5^10. Could that happen by chance? Yes, it will happen a few dozen times every year somewhere in the world, but then events like this seem to happen more often than chance would suggest likely. Maybe I was supposed to pay special attention to that moment. If there was a reason, it eluded me, but I remembered the happening itself at any rate.
90  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Does everyone have a spirit guide? on: June 22, 2014, 17:57:36
Jury's out.

Some people will vehemently swear by their guides, while others will tell you they feel their guides are a part of their own psyche, and a few have never seen them.

No final answer I am afraid.
91  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: How much of your mind do you take with you after death of the Human body? on: June 21, 2014, 07:55:50
I have asked this question a lot too, and I think it is one of your better questions.

Somehow... I feel like not much.

I say this because I am of the persuasion that every time we project we are probably not leaving our bodies, but rather transducing non-physical reality through the aparatus of our brains. If this is true, as I believe it is, no projector has had a body-less experience. I think many of us reason that because we retain a very human perspective while projecting, that we will do so when we die. I think almost all of our human identity is tied to our body and our life here though, and I think once we are dead, we will very quickly change our perspective and way of thinking. We will likely retain our memories, but we will not feel the same way about them. Many people have been reported to behave as though they were still a human living on earth afterward, but this usually seems to be pretty pathological.

I think we would still be able to do math- I think math is probably one of the most universal of all skills in existence, and probably used heavily in constructing realities like this one. Maybe we would even be significantly better at it.
92  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Does Consciousness Have A Beginning? on: June 19, 2014, 19:53:17
From the argument by parts, if it started, it was constructed somehow, and will very likely end somewhere down the road.

I think our personal identities are built of parts, and will thus dissolve later. But I think whatever the smallest units that compose us are will continue in some other form.

But that is all Greek / Stillwaterish philosophy lol. I wonder what other people think...
93  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Does Consciousness Have A Beginning? on: June 19, 2014, 18:01:13
Lol... you are going to make my head explode with all of this stuff this morning.

To me... the easier answer is that it has always existed. Why has it always existed? Probably because it is necessary for consciousness to have existed for some indeterminate reason, or equivalently because worlds without consciousness are not possible. Perhaps that is because consciousness may also be the only thing that exists, so therefore a world lacking it lacks existence.

Saying it is necessary for it to have existed is really the easy way out though. What if consciousness was not the first thing created (as in it always existed), but was created at a point in time? Much trickier to explain... because without consciousness, there is no will to create. If there is no will, that means consciousness was the result of a mechanical action; if it was the result of a mechanical action, is that again saying that it was necessary? Because if it wasn't necessary, that means the mechanical action could have possibly produced a different result, but then what gives the mechanical action the possibility of acting more than one way?

It seems like in order to answer the question of whether consciousness has a beginning, you have to answer the question of why there is consciousness, or even what it is composed of. For instance, does consciousness have parts? Because things that are composed of parts are all probably created, because the thing itself is the union of the parts, which can come together and apart. If something lacks parts, it seems like a better candidate for something that has always existed. What of our consciousness? Clearly it has parts, such as memories, will, and emotions. But are those parts composed of something at their base that has no parts? For instance, are there fragments like "the feeling of general well-being", or maybe even more basic, that are pure substances lacking structure? Because it seems like such things must always have existed, because they cannot be assembled from anything, and they cannot be disassembled. This is similar to the idea of energy in physics. There is no evidence that energy has ever been created or destroyed, because it lacks parts. Even those that theorize the big bang say that all the energy that is here in the universe was present in that singularity point, and wasn't created, just released.

So to you, is consciousness something that has parts, or lacks parts? And if it has parts, what are those parts? And if it lacks parts, can you give an example of something that lacks parts being created or destroyed?
94  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Alan Watts - Ego on: June 19, 2014, 17:10:52
ďThe biggest ego trip going isÖ getting rid of your egoĒ

Yeah... I think that is a close cousin to the idea that willing for enlightenment is among the worst ways to obtain it, which runs through a lot of Buddhist thought.

I have often asked myself if striving to act with care, constraint, and patience in dealing with other people and creatures is just a way for me to feel good about myself.

Any serious recommendations? I can tell when my ego is having a hissy fit over something and just smile it tell it it's going to be okay

Western takes on Buddhism are what Alan Watts seems to be made for. I read a few of his books as a kid, and his coverage of Zen was very strong (and he did it before it was super fashionable, so there is a certain purity free from the overtones of the 60's and 70's that made Zen a pop-culture idea rather than a topic of sincere study. Enough Koans for anyone!

http://www.amazon.com/Way-Zen-Alan-W-Watts/dp/0375705104/ref=la_B000AP9KWO_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1403179154&sr=1-2

95  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Change your life FOREVER on: June 18, 2014, 05:43:01
Lol... you are getting all over the place with this topic.

Feel free to post the different videos in their own separate topics- they are sort of their own subjects. It is ok to have 2-3 topics in the same day, within reason.
96  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: opening chakras, whats next? on: June 16, 2014, 16:35:40
I think we have had a couple exchanges on the concept of energy bodies and chakras, Volgerle, so I shouldn't belabor this too much, as I think we understand one another's positions by now.

For me... despite the fact that I have felt a lot of the classic sensations that are described as energy body actions (although not the "Kundalini" concept), I am at a loss for making conclusions. I can't say whether they represent an actual "energy body" per se, or are a collection of nervous responses.

I theorize that they may be something largely physical in nature because I am able to induce them very quickly without entering a very deep trance or shifting my focus from the physical too far. While they feel a lot like the Upanishads and modern practitioners say (crown does feel a bit like fingers massaging scalp, heart does feel like a heart beat several times too fast, etc), I reason that whatever the cause, I am experiencing the effects through nervous system stimulation. Now notice the important departure point here: that my nervous system is the vehicle for experiencing the sensations does not indicate that there are no energy bodies causing them, but I also reason that energy bodies are not necessary to explain them either- at least to the degree I have yet experienced.

That is sort of where I sit. Unlike non-physical reality in general, I have no real means for verifying or disproving the reality of energy bodies. And it isn't through lack of trying. I have read a good deal of RB's material and books (AD, PPSD, the "NEW" material, etc), and have worked through a lot of the techniques for months about a decade ago. Are there real sensations? You bet. Are they very unusual? Oh yes. What are they? Who the hell really knows... nothing in those few months left me any more attuned, or in balance than my general meditation practice. Because I couldn't discern any additional effect, I decided it wasn't worth the time investment over and above what I spend. I think a lot of what practitioners are taking away may be the general effects of long and focused meditation. I honestly haven't encountered any information to make a conclusion beyond that, and as I say, it isn't for a lack of investigation or trying. Maybe I had already obtained the benefits the NEW system provides from years of other practices. Or maybe I needed another 6 months to really notice a change beyond what I had, who can say. But our time here in this life if valuable too. I decided I didn't have another 6 months to settle a question if it wasn't providing me anything discernable.

Now I have seen, in real life, practitioners of energy systems, such as Daoists from deep country China, do remarkable things. For instance, one old man told me he had the ability to interrupt the flow of life-force in a person by touching them gingerly. And sure enough, I told him to have a go; he flicked my temple with the most subtle of taps, and I spent the next ten seconds recovering from a drunken haze. Is it possible they have learned things about energy forms that I just haven't worked out? For sure. But then there are many explanations for how they do what they do; the psychic force of intention in the world is remarkably powerful- it may be that a person's sincere belief in their ability to affect certain kinds of changes is more than enough to cause those changes.

As you have said in the past, and rightly, I am just not equipped to make any real judgement, and I have no illusions about that. But I am also saying consider possibilities- think about how there are alternative explanations for everything you experience, that despite the appearance of a poodle, or a long fingered monster, you may also be seeing the shadows of trees on the wall. I think most of us here recognize the physical world is one powerful illusion of solidity; it is captivating in how real and final it feels (which is not to say it is "unreal either, but I think you know what I mean here). It seems very possible that just as the physical world is a captivating illusion, many of the ways people view the structures of the non-physical may turn out to be other forms of captivating illusions, whose real explanations may be a bit different.
97  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: The Inter-Dimensional Entities Behind the Dark Agenda Thatís Taking Over the Wor on: June 16, 2014, 04:50:14
Probably not.

Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue what enlightenment is though, and I get a bit suspicious when people suggest they do know, because it invariably ends up being either a status claim, or a carrot to goad followers with. My guess is a word, and nothing more, but who knows.
98  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: The Inter-Dimensional Entities Behind the Dark Agenda Thatís Taking Over the Wor on: June 16, 2014, 02:50:18
I think this may be the wrong approach here. To assume an individual is young or old is a fundamentally useless question if we are to consider ourselves "timeless" beings without beginning or end. Such distinction may merely be an expression of our time borne existence and its overall relatedness to non-physical systems may be subject to question.

But the question remains, why are we here, and why does there not appear to be a uniform purpose to our universal existence? Is knowledge of the world and its purpose, in an intellectual sense, something the monkey brain of man can comprehend? The more I live the more skeptical I become of such an idea. I haven't had an out of body experience, but having read your accounts, if you accept the REALITY at face value of what you guys are stating despite all our advances in technology we are so off the mark its not even funny. It may even have done some harm, considering the growing collective resignation that there is no life beyond the body or any larger system beyond this one. There have been benefits for sure, given we're even having this conversation over such a distance is a miracle, but we seem to be becoming even more dissociated from the true "wider reality" than ever before.

I use this language here because a purpose for our existence is being discussed. I agree with you that it seems likely that not only may we be timeless, but we exist outside of linear time. But in order to discuss a purpose or a goal, to me this implied linear time (else there would be no time before the goal was met). Now if we have been progressing toward this goal, yet have always existed, it seems that we should have made infinite progress. That we have not made infinite progress would imply that we were at some point "created" in our current form (because our finite progress would be explained by finite existence), and in the sense of being created vs always having existed, I use the term "young".

I do not suppose that we are created in that sense, or that the term "young" (or any comparative like that) could be applied to us in any meaningful sense; but to me, I have difficulty of conceiving of a goal for our existence without those constraints (not that we necessarily have one either, but for the sake of the discussion previous).

Dissociation from the wider reality may well be one of the reasons of being here. Perhaps there are things that can only be experienced from a perspective of ignorance and isolation in a place such as this.
99  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: The Inter-Dimensional Entities Behind the Dark Agenda Thatís Taking Over the Wor on: June 15, 2014, 19:35:22
The action itself is meaningless, but the Intent behind the action is what's important.

True enough. That is what Cervantes wrote the first novel ever (Don Quixote) to say, in around 1000 pages, lol...
100  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - on: June 15, 2014, 19:10:30
Easy there, slugger.

I haven't seen a single person advance the doctrine of materialism you are raging so vehemently against.

No face kicking needed yet, pretty sure.

Maybe instead of dropping in monthly, you should just take a moment and look around... is there a single person completely rejecting your thoughts here? Has a single person even been mildly inhospitable?

Might be good to dial it back a few notches is all I am saying... we are friends here, and we happen to actually have similar enough viewpoints at the root.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 75