The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 11, 2017, 15:12:25

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 54
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Summerland Revisited on: September 06, 2011, 19:38:21
My friend, if you had seen the vibrant colours of that world, even you would pass the being without saying anything.  Those colours were like a magnet.  I wanted to be near them as soon as possible.  Also, even if I had the chance to talk to the being, at the time I was still a novice and was overwhelmed.  I wouldn't even know what to say to it at that particular moment.  Sometimes the unknown can paralyse you or leave you speechless, so, until you experience something like this my friend, I ask you to refrain from judgement.

As for requesting a guide...well...I think it's obvious what my response will be to that.  The mind will give you exactly that.
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What can you call this? on: September 06, 2011, 00:08:45
It could be physiological.  By the way, what sort of psychic stuff did you get into.  Give me the details.  What have you read, who did you see and speak to, what have you done etc. etc.
3  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Another LD last night... Distorted face of friend & loss of lucidity. on: September 06, 2011, 00:03:28
Now that is an interesting experience!  It's like you were inside one of those zombie games and having a good time.  In saying that, I could simulate demons and fight against them too! Otherwise, I really can't see why summoning them would be profitable and why denying their existence would impoverish my experiences... grin

Here's some advice about remaining in the phase.  While you rub your hands, blow on them at the same time as you walk or run.  Keep active but remain calm.  Listen out for the sound of the hands rubbing against each other and make sure that they are 4-6 inches away from your face (more effective).  Study their details.  You may also touch objects in the phase in order to deepen and prolong the experience (a correlation has been found).  Feel the tactility there in great realism.

Sensory amplification in the phase, in general, is the key to remaining there.  Once the phase is deep enough, you can employ the techniques when needed.  There is a wealth of information about deepening, maintaining and managing the phase state on obe4u, btw!  Also, besides avoiding wakefulness, once in a while you can remind yourself that you are in a dream-world so that, when and if you lose your lucidity, the probability of questioning reality is higher in the non-lucid state and thus increasing your chances to return to the phase state.  cool
4  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Another LD last night... Distorted face of friend & loss of lucidity. on: September 05, 2011, 17:34:49
Many different thought-forms more like.  I'm sorry but I don't subscribe to mysticism and fairytales.  I've been exploring this phenomenon for three years now plus my multiple experiences when I was a child.  As a child, I was scared of the "dreams that seem real" and the "white-skinned men" that terrorised me.  They are most likely products of fear, uncertainty, expectation, belief and stem from the subconscious mind. 

I have not experienced anything like this since.  I also realised that the other types of scary characters were controllable and vanished or transmuted as I wished.  Now, since I don't believe them and have no fear, I simply don't experience them.  What makes you think demons exist, AndrewTheSinger?  Is this opinion from your personal experience or is it because of something that you read which left an impression on you?
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Summerland Revisited on: September 05, 2011, 17:19:16
According to both Christianity and old eastern teachings, the spiritual path is narrow. The writings in Eastern traditions I read called it razor-blade thin.  In contrast, the OBE, or Astral Projection, seems to be a wide-open door where everything goes.

Perhaps you need to do less reading and more self-discovering.  Not everything you read is true.  Also, material such as the one you reference can be and has been interpreted in a number of conflicting ways.
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Summerland Revisited on: September 05, 2011, 12:48:40
People’s writings reveal a lot about them.

This is certainly true.
7  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Another LD last night... Distorted face of friend & loss of lucidity. on: September 05, 2011, 12:36:33
They're not demons.  I've seen distorted faces like that before in the phase.  Phase inhabitants can sometimes appear distorted just like your own reflection there.  There's a good chance that the phase is governed by the subconscious mind and the brain is very much computerised, no doubt (!), so Lucid Pirate and his interpretation may not be so far from the truth.  I have also experienced "glitches" the minute I become lucid or confronted characters about their reality in the phase.

Let's imagine that, in Lucid Pirate's brain, his friend is represented by the following configuration: 001 1010.  Now imagine that while it was processing the information, the "glitch" experienced caused a change, and the representation was processed with a slight error (nothing harmful though) and this error distorted the image-representation.  So, instead of the configuration above, what was processed by accident was: 001 1001.

Why did the brain make a mistake?  Because it could afford to do so at that moment.  Because it didn't matter if the mistake was made.  Because Lucid Pirate was lucid and aware of the kind of reality that surrounded him.  The cerebral computer could afford to stutter on this occasion.

I have also seen people faces melt during the waking state when I was tripping on magic mushrooms.  Sometimes they looked pretty demonic.  And yet, I know they were not demons!  LOL!  The psilocybin had reconfigured the input data in my brain and distorted reality.  Simple.  grin
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: READ & GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE. VERY CONFUSED. on: September 05, 2011, 12:10:14
I seen him he had a bunch of tattoos which I know he doesn't have so I don't know what that was about.

When you enter the phase, you see many distortions.  There is evidence of telepathy in the OOBE state as you appear to be able to see what's on the minds of others, so, if your boyfriend was wearing a particular shirt in the physical realm, he was conscious of it and therefore this would be simulated in the realm of thoughts (sometimes inaccurate but on this occasion it was spot on).

The tattoos were either something that he wishes to get or perhaps your own thought forms decorated what was being perceived.  You see, when you separate from the body, you travel in 'mental space' and perceive many possibilities for physical reality.  In fact, possible worlds manifest on that level of reality.  It may also happen that you see possibilities that stake high on probability and hence precognition (tends to be rare though - it also can happen in dreams).

But I could literally feel his skin & his arm. It was so weird but he wouldn't get off of me, he just stayed on me so I couldn't leave but I was in SP when that was happening, I don't think I was fully projected.

This sounds very much like an SP hallucination.  They can feel extremely real but most likely the product of your own 'mental playdoh'.  The amygdala might have played a role on it.

Can someone please tell me why there's some people trying to stop me from leaving & why it wouldn't let me go to the prison? It's really bugging me. Sorry if there aren't a lot of details, tried to make this short for you guys. If you want more details just ask me

Nobody is stopping you.  Trust me.  You have the power to go anywhere you want simply by believing that you can.  Sometimes, elements from your own subconscious mind can impersonate frightful characters and although they appear to present problems at first, if you face them, they will go away.  Try the friendly approach to these characters.  Tell them that it is important that you go and see your boyfriend in prison and that they are getting in the way.  If they won't budge, tell them that you have the power to make them disappear because they have no existence but in your mind.

9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Need help. Need to get to that next stage >:( on: September 05, 2011, 11:56:07
Mr. PumperNickle is right.  Although vibrations can be a good indication of when to separate, they don't always occur and it isn't necessary.  There is a shift in consciousness that one experiences.  When you get there you will know.
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Summerland Revisited on: September 04, 2011, 21:54:45
Aims,

You seem to favour religious spiritual views and use rhetorical Biblical stories in an attempt to reinforce their validity.  I can vouch for the fact that you can also have so-called epiphanies and other profound experiences on psychedelic drugs.  Why?  Because I have tried them.  Such experiences will change the lives of some...but not others.

Empirically, it is reasoned that two different individuals will react differently to the same or similar experiences.  Some are more inclined to mystical views than others.

If we experience this world in all its glory, then we should make the most of it and there is no right way of going about it apart from the one that you believe is right.  We all have different goals and interests.  We all have different goals and interests.  Just because a huge crowd is saying that one view is the right one and that the absolute truth has been found does not make it so.  Do you know what Albert Einestein said after being laughed at by his fellow scientists for the ideas that he expressed?

"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt.  He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."

Recently, I was ousted by a group of people who have very good ideas and have a different perspective to mine on things.  I was a stubborn fool who clashed with certain members of that group.  The group has really taken to a trilogy book that holds a theory of everything which was authored by a remarkable man.  Reflecting on what happened I realised that I am not really against them.  I am simply refraining from limiting myself with belief-traps or at least trying to (even though the aforementioned book - the last in the series - encourages open-mindedness...which I like).

Being open-minded towards one idea does not mean being open-minded as a whole.  You can be open-minded about one thing but close your mind to the rest...the other potential avenues.  Do see what I'm getting at?  The pursuit of truth, knowledge, wisdom and enlightenment has to come from within.  It cannot be told or shown...it has to be discovered.  There are a myriad ways to get there.  Remember...making fire by friction was stumbled upon, not shown... perhaps it was inevitable!

Another thing I'd like to state.  Two members of that group were debating about the way I had been handled.  They both agreed that showing love to someone who is, in their eyes, somewhat lost, is the best way.  But both had a different idea of what "showing love" meant on that occasion.  That was interesting to observe.  They are humans like me who have different ideas about one particular thing and both have different views as to how one should act (the right way) in one particular situation.

I wish I could have remained there to learn more but my tenacity (perhaps stubbornness is a better word) and ignorance got in the way.  We have to be open-minded about other ways, not just one, Aims.  I think this is what Ryan was referring to about you.  Don't make the same mistake that I did.  We are all uncertain and searching for the truth in the end.  Here's another valuable quote:

The pursuit of truth will set you free; even if you never catch up to it." - Clarence Darrow

11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: first time- not sure if this is a projection/a question about exit on: September 04, 2011, 20:27:17
Dear fernanda,

If you abhor the materialistic view that such experiences are illusions concocted by the human brain, then consider the views of Rupert Sheldrake and others alike where the mind extends beyond the body and permeates all reality.  In this view, there is no need for a separation from the body because we as a consciousness are, quite literally everywhere.

Where we are consciously, we are unconscious everywhere else (note that being unconscious of being at a certain location does not mean that you are absent).

Thus, wouldn't that explain the absence of 'snap' or pull when returning to wakefulness?  It was instantaneous and without physical sensation because there is no need for a physical sensation.  It is possible that even the sensation of separation is merely a translation of going from one reality to another.  It is your mind making sense of what is happening. 

The pull back to the body as you try to separate is a subconscious barrier that tries to tell you that it is where you belong or where you should be.  This barrier can be broken with confidence and expectation...hmmm...expectation!  A very important something to be considered when you're in that state, don't you think?

About being pushed out...your mind can produce these sensations from expectation, belief, fear and paranoia.  There is no malicious force or any sort of being with a separate existence doing it.  You are, albeit on a not so conscious level.  Like a false awakening that can turn into a nightmare only in this one you know you are there (in the metaphysical realm).

The slightly inaccurate abode replica is merely a badly simulated environment (from expectation and memory) as your mind's last attempt to make sense of what has happened.  It's a deeply ingrained belief-construct (because that is what it is expected of you to see when you move from the bed) which has perhaps been distorted by other more unconscious thought forms (wishes, what-ifs, possibilities etc.)

I have discarded the term "astral projection" ages ago.  What I'm trying to tell you here is that OOBEs and lucid dreams, in my opinion, are one and the same.  There is such a thing as a WILD (wake-induced lucid dreams) and lucid dreams in general can simulate the OOBE perfectly (which brings the "out-of-body" state into question).  Is it real or illusion?

After three years of entering this elusive state, I've come to the conclusion that one always moves in 'mental space'.  We enter the realm of thoughts and perceive them in the same way, or using the same representational forms as the ones that we use to perceive the physical and objective reality.  In the metaphysical realm, even movement, space and distance are thoughts.  The thoughts are experienced as though actual because you have altered your state of consciousness.  When you 'separate', you become the thought of you (this is very apparent when you decide to examine a perceived body which appears to be made of flesh and often resembles your physical self).

Being as pragmatic as I could, I have categorise the main states of mind as the following:

Waking State:

Also known as wakefulness.  In this state, people perceive the physical realm.  An individual who is awake is conscious, self-aware, and there is realism of perception.  The environment is stable and there is no required effort to enter this state.  The perceived world seems to follow set rules, and, only on a quantum level, do things appear to be less logical and more uncertain.

Dream State:

This entails non-lucid dreams and falling asleep is all that is needed to enter this state.  Self-awareness is absent and the unconscious mind often rules over the conscious one.  The dreamer is immersed in plots and often detached from waking life memories.  The experience can be vivid or vague, and, despite the instability, the illogical is accepted as being logical and true.  Certain techniques can be employed to boost dream recall.

Phase State:

This entails out-of-body experiences (OOBEs or OBEs) and lucid dreams.  Both are one and the same as a practitioner of this state has the distinct sensation of being elsewhere other than the physical body.  This elusive state can be entered before, during, and after sleep.  Effort is required in order to enter the phase voluntarily, although, some experiences are induced involuntarily.  The practitioner is conscious and self-aware in what appears to be a reality of a mental nature which often emulates the waking state experience.  One perceives a realistic phantom reality that can surpass the quality of the waking world, and, although phase environments can appear stable, they can also transmute.  It is possible to slip into the dream state from here and vice versa.

Now...

This is how the states differ according to the observed brain activity:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2737577/figure/F4/

Wake with eyes closed (WEC); REM (rapid eye movement); and lucid.  The "lucid" one is a hybrid state between waking and dreaming.  It is the source of lucid dreams and OOBEs.  Simply put, you know that your physical body is lying in bed but you have the sensation of being somewhere else in all its realism.  It is the phase state.  It is the only state that usually requires a little effort to enter (sometimes it is entered involuntarily.  You can enter it before, during and after sleep.  The "before" way is the hardest as this requires you to be adroit at becoming aware and maintaining this awareness during the hypnagogic state.  The "during" way can be hit and miss as you must become lucid in a dream (we call this entering the phase from dream consciousness).  The "after" way is probably the easiest as all you have to do is recognise that you have woken up and it doesn't take long for you to separate from the hypnopompic state. 

Another easy way is the "wake-back-to-bed" or "deferred method".  Anyway, a nap or sleep is an absolute physiological primer.  They certainly provide the necessary shortcut (nobody wants to waste time).
12  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / Re: Time.. a perception? on: September 03, 2011, 22:41:01
ADHD people are faster in their thoughts, so technically time is slowed down to them.. but it seems like they are sped up to us Cheesy
That could be an example of perception

There appears to be a reason for this too as I have pointed out previously in the lottery thread:

"Here is some curious conclusions that professors at Harvard and Boston universities recently arrived at:

When humans started to move out of Africa to explore the rest of the world, evolution mutated and held on to a gene associated with risk-taking and the will to be adventurous - the DRD4 gene. Evidence shows that the distribution of the two main alleles (versions) of the gene and the ancient migration patterns appear to be congruent. The mutations that followed do not seem random at all and seem to have purpose...

Each allele appear to mark specific personality traits in people. While a 4R allele is linked to prudent individuals, the 7R and 2R ones seem to indicate more impulsive behaviour in others. It is believed that individuals that possess the latter versions coped with dangerous situations a lot better and were more capable of surviving and reproducing under more challenging conditions.

Thus it was concluded that mass migration can influence our genetic make-up and specifically modify it in the evolutionary scale. Apparently, the 7R allele arose as a rare mutation 50,000 years ago after we left our home continent and spread throughout the world. Later, the 2R modified version emerged in Asia.

More interestingly, those that have been diagnosed with ADHD are twice as likely to have the 7R allele. Perhaps some of the symptoms that we think indicate a "disorder" - such as quick movements and rapid shifts in focus - are actually survival traits from natural selection."
13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Met a guide.... I think. on: September 03, 2011, 21:42:34
This was, without a doubt, an astral projection experience. I was in a world strikingly similar to this one, but more, how do I put this? Medieval looking? Everything was like a castle. I don't know why. My house (which I was in the backyard of) had castle - like traits, such as a big, round, pointy tower.

I've visited environments like this before.  Castles, towers and once even a temple which wasn't too far from my replicated abode and a red carpet led to its entrance.  Very interesting.

Both of those are true. After this experience, I began to drift back into dreamless sleep.

This can happen in the phase.  You either slip into a dream state where you lose your lucidity or you completely fall asleep there followed by a return to wakefulness.

He claims that as a young boy, a spirit appeared to him matching the description of my guide.

Many people claim many things.  Even if this friend of yours is being sincere in his claims, claiming that it was a spirit is a postulation, and, there is no reason whatsoever that what he saw/experienced was exactly the same thing.  Associations come easy too.

By the way, did he tell you about this spirit before or after your experience?
14  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Richard Dawkins cruelly answers audience question on: September 03, 2011, 18:37:06
In that case, he's not doing himself any favours.  From what I got in the video though, he wasn't rude in any way shape or form.  Still, he is entitled to his own opinion.  It's like some believing Michael Jackson to have been a paedophile while others think he was innocent.
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Summerland Revisited on: September 03, 2011, 17:55:06
I don't know what that place was.  I call it "Summerland" because it is similar to descriptions I found of that afterlife world in Theosophy and Spiritualism.  But believing it to be an afterlife realm is an interpretation.

This is quite rhetorical and obviously written with the intent to draw masses together to support one interpretation too:

“If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.” Numbers 12:6

The truth is, nobody knows what it was that I and others have experienced.  There is no certainty.  Yes, it seemed magical, colourful, harmonious, loving...but was it anything divine?  Don't certain drugs make you experience similar things (bright colours, awesome hallucinations, dramatic changes in mood etc.)  What about the correlation between the release and activation of certain hormones and neurotransmitters and how an individual feels?

Another thing that sprung to mind.  When I returned to wakefulness from that amazing world, I felt extremely sad because I wanted to be there forever.  In a way, such experienced seemed to feed my ego, I felt driven by desire, I felt deprived of something great - like a child who had his lolly taken away, and, in that sense, it was spiritually counter-productive.

In Buddhism, nirvana is beyond spiritual development.  It is simply the annihilation of Self and the cessation of being.  Although it promotes altruism, the pursuit of such state should NOT be motivated by ego.  Also, the thought of nirvana sounds dreadful to most.  Why should I be concerned with where I am headed spiritually if being concerned means that I worry and I'm scared about where I'll end up?  I think the best way is not to worry.  Do what you like and just believe that there is nothing that will punish you.  The punishment will come from yourself if you believe that you should be punished for something that you've done.  

As long as you are not hurting anyone then everything is fine.  You are only truly free if you don't concern yourself with possible destinations.  If you don't worry about where you'll end up then you are truly free.

I could be told by St Pete that I'll be sent to hell, and if I want, in my mind, that wouldn't bother me.  Hell is only hell if you make it so.  If it is unpleasant at first, rather than see it as doom and gloom, you can see it as a challenge and make it fun in your mind.  If the situation is entrapment and desperation erupts...just give up and let nature take its course.  Build resistance to the pain.  If the demons get you and it means that it is the end of you...so be it.  In the end, hell only exists in the mind and it will be there for as long as you allow it too.

As the Roman philosopher Seneca once said:
"You must want nothing if you wish to challenge Jupiter who wants nothing himself."

16  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Richard Dawkins cruelly answers audience question on: September 02, 2011, 22:12:56
oh, ok.
17  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Dream-Plane Manipulation on: September 02, 2011, 22:12:11
Awareness is a key factor

This jumped out at me.  Awareness should definitely not be mistaken for consciousness.  Awareness is the most intrinsic part of us.
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tahir, Two Perspectives, One Reality on: September 02, 2011, 22:07:55
Very interesting.  I'd also like to point out that OOBEs seemingly allow you to get information about others.  This statement is true.  What is really going on here is anyone's guess.
19  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Richard Dawkins cruelly answers audience question on: September 02, 2011, 18:24:28
Yes, Xanth, but, even if he had seen it, he would interpret it his own way.  Just hallucinations.  I wouldn't call his view a "little picture".  It is simply what he believes to be the most viable explanation and he may also believe that one day science will prove that it is all in people's heads.

He could also turn around and say that Mr. Campbell's TOE is not to be taken seriously because it is pure conjecture.  Hence a "little picture" too.  Let's not call his view "little" because, for all we know, it might turn out to be true one day.  Also, you should look at this in regards to the Christian fellow:

http://obe4u.com/?page_id=307

One can study it, free from the ramblings of believing it.

Sure, one can study it.  And he clearly did.  In which case he'd have to have an interest in it.  And what he stated about the different gods and different cultures is justified.  Anyway, what was posted was a joke in reference to Dawkins being a "religious man". 
20  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Summerland Revisited on: September 02, 2011, 18:09:01
Don't worry, I won't be putting up any more scary pictures!  wink

Btw, one can use these experiences to grow spiritually but there are also other practical goals to achieve with this phenomenon.  It is definitely not useful.  It all depends on what you want really...or sometimes...what you don't want:

http://obe4u.com/?page_id=10

21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tahir, Two Perspectives, One Reality on: September 02, 2011, 18:01:07
Interesting perspective and thanks, CFTraveler:

I would say that you had dual awareness caused by your need to pee, and this made movement in your dream body difficult.  This sometimes happens to me when I'm waking up or am physically exhausted.

This is quite possible and viable.  I also had discomfort and I've got piles, so, that could come into play.

I think Tahir is a dream character that symbolizes something for you.  Not sure what, you'll have to figure this out for yourself.

I think I figured out what Tahir represented.  I remember once that he got ill and was taken to hospital for an operation.  He kept coughing a lot and had breathing problems.  I think he also had asthma.  I had a cold recently and I was sorta coughing a lot before I fell asleep that night.

It seems to me that the discomfort of your wife's arm being on your eye did cause most of your dual awareness.

I just want to make it clear that her arm was not on my eye.  She was sleeping next to me with her arm folded and her hand under her pillow.  I could also see her face.  She wasn't even close to me.  The thing is that I didn't seem to fully understand what I was seeing until I became fully awake, or, rather, I was interpreting what I saw as being the hallway which logically is a view that could only be acquired if I was standing by the bedroom door and looking out.  The eye that was saggy in the OOBE coincided with the eye that was squashed up against the pillow.

No, because having an eye open can show you what's going on in your room, but often the point of view is different than what you would see through your eye, (I know, because I've tested this a few times) and views of places like the outside of my house, for example, cannot be explained that way- especially when they are validated.

That is indeed a pickle to explain in mundane terms.  Could you gives us brief examples of when you validated what you had observed in your OOBEs?
22  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Dream-Plane Manipulation on: September 02, 2011, 17:39:47
Sure.  Einestein came up with the name.  I feel slightly guilty for mentioning it here because there is a forum for quantum physics already.  But if you are interested, here is a link.  Wikipedia's account seems pretty good on this (and you may also want to look up 'theories of everything':

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_field_theory

On the other hand, there is another concept known as the "phase space" where all possible states of a system are represented.  It may also include Einestein's "hidden variables" as he was of the opinion that quantum mechanics was incomplete due to the "spooky action at a distance" and other factors.  There may be deeper levels of reality that are hidden from us.

We don't have to go deep into this (and probably shouldn't), but, do you think this relates to different vibratory frequencies in the unified field?  Could the primary source of this field be consciousness?  Or better still, could consciousness happen in this field, and, the field is the quintessence of existence?  Do these layers of reality become accessible when we dream, meditate deeply and have OOBEs?  What do you think?  I'd love to here your opinion.  smiley
23  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Richard Dawkins cruelly answers audience question on: September 02, 2011, 13:07:37
Not necessarily.  Not if he considers dreams to be sleep hallucinations.  And likewise, OOBEs and lucid dreams.  Visions of the night in general.  In which case, he wouldn't label us insane...just misguided perhaps.
24  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Dream-Plane Manipulation on: September 02, 2011, 13:04:03
Cool!  I like the different vibrations.  What do you think of the Unified Field Theory?
25  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: How To Have An Out Of Body Experience composed by Summerlander on: September 02, 2011, 13:00:51
No one can control you but yourself.  All you need is confidence and belief that you are in charge.  Like Neo from the Matrix.  Free your mind of constraints.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 54