The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. February 26, 2020, 01:49:45

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Few Extra Gateway Questions on: October 03, 2002, 19:53:00
I am curious about what happened when you asked.  The story I got was that the agents who send the buzzing signal have no idea how loud it seems to us and they need us to tell them.  I like it so that it is just at the edge of awareness.  If I check, it is always there but mostly when I am interested to hear it.  

To me it is reassuring, sort of lets me know that I am still connected up even though no particular other signals are happening at the time.  Maybe something like a carrier wave...

Best wishes!

# happy to be here #
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / hey there.. hypnotic music? on: September 19, 2002, 19:15:42
Wow, I will have to go get Lynch's Clouds below the Knees.

For a long time I had been using the Hemi-Sync Metamusic numbers.  I sell them after all, so hey.

Lately on another forum some NDE'ers agreed that music by Steve Reich was the most like what they heard during their OOB experiences, so I sent off for two of them, Structures from Silence and another title with the word Dream in it which I forget at the moment.

I really like the Reich numbers a lot, but don't regard them as hypnotic.  Hmm, what is it?  Aha, his music seems specifically designed to sound simple, but it is not quite repetitive.  Like partly repetitive but not quite, so the mind gets carried along like a long strand of spiderweb in a light breeze, and it never loops back on itself totally, just going along.  I don't know if that helps and besides my take on it might not be like anyone elses.  How about it?  Anybody else got favorite trance music that really works for them?

BTW my two Hemi-Sync favorites are Cloudscapes and Into the Deep.

Cheers!

Steve

# happy to be here #
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Few Extra Gateway Questions on: September 19, 2002, 19:05:40
I forgot to mention that when I was in training to be a TMI instructor, ringing in the ears was on Stanslav Graf's list of symptoms of kundalini rising, which as instructors we had to become familiar with so as to help folks with it.  Helping in most cases amounted to one of many kinds of grounding exercises.

Steve

# happy to be here #
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Few Extra Gateway Questions on: September 19, 2002, 19:03:55
Regarding high pitched buzzing.

I have been meditating with various forms for over 35 years I guess, and somewhere along the line began to notice this in myself.  For the life of me I cannot recall which author of meditation books may have mentioned that it was a normal sign of some sort of development but I never gave it much concern.

The same is not true of a friend of mine, who regarded it as irritating, and has undertaken over ten years of medication, surgery and general grief because of it.  In her case it is tinnitus, and I really have no way of knowing if what I am hearing is the same as hers.

In my case it gets louder the more inwardly focused I seem to be.  The one time I came close to projecting it got really loud, as I was mentally 'cranking up the volume' as part of the exercise.  When I felt myself begin to leave my body I got very excited and fell back in though.  

Doreen Virtue, a woman who writes and lectures about angels, said to us that this noise might simply be a sort of channel hiss put in place by angels as a way of assuring us that the line was open.  She suggested that the angels have no way of knowing how loud or irritating it seems to us though, so if we want them to turn it down a tad we can just ask them.  I got a kick out of her description and thought it made an odd sort of sense.  Sure enough, whenever I inwardly asked for the volume to go down, down it went.

I cannot broach the subject with my friend though.  She is so tuned into her ongoing struggle that this suggestion seems to trivialize the thousands of dollars of fruitless treatment she has had, and I suppose that for the forseeable future she has chosen to fight tinnitus.  On the other hand perhaps hers is indeed a different phenomenon, negs perhaps.  She is equally averse to that suggestion too, being way beyond me spiritually.

From what I have seen of her experience though, I would suggest that tinnitus is not simple to treat.  Each treatment worked for a while, except for some of the more powerful drugs which made her feel crappy instead.  So I don't know.  Tough subject.

On the other hand perhaps I don't have tinnitus, but just an angel connection!  Great idea that!

Cheers,

Steve

# happy to be here #
5  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Advice for mother of three year old from Robert on: September 09, 2002, 17:45:39
I am curious about these herbs too.  The various tribes of native americans we visit with all say that sage and cedar are purifying, though we use cedar more at sundances, maybe because it is more available in the midwest U.S.

Sweetgrass is different though according to most of them.  The idea here is that sweetgrass attracts spirits, maybe only good spirits.  A few of the teachers we know all insist that one never use sweetgrass by itself, but in combination with sage so that the sage will keep the negs away.

Around the house we are fond of using sage, and like the smell, but on the other hand we have never had problems with serious neg invasions yet either.

Anybody have more experience with these?

Steve

# happy to be here #
6  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Confirmation Advice on: September 06, 2002, 19:38:22
You might want to try this during meditation:  Imagine yourself being confirmed, and see how that really feels to your entire self.  Then imagine how you would feel similarly but unconfirmed instead.  Hopefully the difference will be strong enough to make your choice clearer.

Ignore this advice if you have already done it...

Steve

# happy to be here #
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics! / Gateway Wave1 pointers on: September 06, 2002, 19:18:04
During the few years I practiced remote viewing three times a week, I used two of the Hemi-Sync music tapes over and over.  One was named 'Higher' and the other was named 'Winds over the World'.  Although I cannot say exactly what brainwave mixes these entrained me to, they did seem helpful in calming me and producing a reliable physical state, allowing me to focus on the work I was attempting to do.

Each of the Hemi-Sync musical numbers is set up for a different mix of frequencies, so the one you choose may matter to that degree.

Steve

# happy to be here #
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Monroe "Gateway" series on: September 06, 2002, 18:44:13
Forgive me for butting in, but I just discovered this forum today.  I am very impressed.

Anyway among other things I have studied at the Monroe Institute and become a low-level instructor, licensed only to teach their weekend "Gateway Excursion" class.  In doing that I had to study their material a bit, and can at least try to say what the TMI line is on various topics.

I am delighted to learn that focus 10 has been useful as a launching point for OBE's, if I am reading correctly.  I think I will dig out my old Focus 10 tape and give it another go this weekend!

Cheers to you all!

Steve
Pages: [1]