The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 19, 2017, 21:13:02

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
101  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Just An Interesting/New Experience Last Night! Crazy? on: November 04, 2016, 02:29:41
I have heard the faint undecipherable voices before as well. It could be a bleed through of some non-physical perception of data that is too noisy to properly comprehend. It can also be distortion of physical reality sounds that you are vaguely picking up and translating into something that roughly computes from your memory bank.

The most distinct time that I experienced this was a whispered conversation between a man and a woman. Don't ask me how I know the context of this conversation - it was delivered by claire-cognizance as an intrinsic knowing. The couple were man and wife, in an abusive relationship. I couldn't really make out what was being said but it had a very negative energy and I could tell that they were arguing over "wife beating" or some kind of physical abuse.
102  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Wake induced success on: November 03, 2016, 00:21:46
I have tried a few times without success. Once in similar wake and back to bed conditions, but I wasn't tired enough to fall asleep. I tried a few times after waking up in the middle of the night, and I had out of body experiences each time, but they were not wake induced. The standard kind where I would black out and become aware mid scenario.

I have found that there is actually no solid difference between the wake induced experience and my standard lucid dream in terms of clarity. You could argue that the initial seconds of the wake induced experience hold slightly more clarity and awareness of the fact that you are dreaming, it is hard to say for sure.

The big limitation of this approach is that you need to be able to fall asleep to do it - it is extremely easy with the right balance of tiredness, but getting said balance is almost out of our ability to control so it is non-reproducible.

I am still confident that an important training mechanism for this approach is becoming familiar and comfortable with the feeling of falling asleep. By going to sleep at night with an audiobook playing I can catch myself drifting off multiple times, each time getting closer to sleep but without completely losing awareness. Then once you are close enough, I suppose you need to replace the external source of awareness with an internal thread.

It is necessary to be able to witness the process of drifting off without "waking up with a start" as you realize it is happening because that will slingshot you right back to full awareness.
103  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Whats and whys of astral restrictions on: October 29, 2016, 04:08:31
They must find themselves in a realm where "unlimited Debauchery" is permitted. But you never said whether or not these people were actually going there for a purpose, like example, to help others that were stuck or go there for the sole purpose of learning anew. It seems they just use it as a "play time". A place they go where "everything" goes. Astral Travel doesn't have to be serious. You can still go "out to play". You get out of it, what you put in it. If you go there to be taught anew, than you shall be. But you need to show your commitment to that as well.

They definitely set out with the intention of play time, specifically to engage in sexual fantasies from the trip reports that were relayed to me.

So there are places that are unconstrained, even to your own detriment, hypothetically. Does this mean that the restrictions we sometimes experience that "fog out" the reality when we try to apply free will are only a mechanic of that particular experienced reality?

The "fog out" doesn't seem to just prevent certain intentions within the reality, but it also fogs any attempt to transition from that reality into an unconstrained one and thus bypassing the lesson in progress.

Are the "lab staff" deciding that one set of people will be put into non-exitable lessons while another set will default to unconstrained realities. Some people are allowed to regress while others are not.

Is it based on your own subconscious, deepest, core of heart intentions on what experience you truly want? Or perhaps an inconceivable predictor of consequences that rolls the dice and chooses for you.

My friend is a hedonist, non believer in the afterlife who takes life as a short term exercise in maximizing fun and pleasure. Their only interest in lucid dreaming is to fulfill sexual fantasies. For me it is not possible to indulge in this way because it would go against my end game goals - but for others the rules might be different. I think I understand.
104  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Wake induced success on: October 29, 2016, 01:36:06
Did it work? Yes.

So, if something's not broken, don't fix it. In other words, "stay with the winning team"!  wink

Once again, you are doubting what Dreams really are. I thought you had gotten beyond that!

Without a doubt this discovery holds a lot of potential in my mind and I intend to test it further, it is very exciting.

I am not certain I understand what you mean regarding the doubt of dreams.

What was I was trying to get at with that point is that I have on multiple occasions attempted to "project" when I am already shifted. In these circumstances success comes instantly with no effort, it is extremely trivial. But it isn't all that valuable for a learning experience to have an easy separation if it is non-transferrable (at my level) to an actual successful implementation within the physical reality state of mind.

Maybe I am missing something, but flying around in a dream effortlessly doesn't help us fly in this reality. Does this make sense?

In this case I think what I experienced was a genuine application, but even if it wasn't it seems like it may work anyway. As Campbell says the proof will be in the tasting next time I try.
105  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Whats and whys of astral restrictions on: October 29, 2016, 01:21:42
I explained the observed law of "no evolutionary regressions allowed" in non-physical experiences to my skeptical friend. It did trip the "general audience BS meter" as I predicted and they were quite dubious that we had any evidence of this mechanic. It is all experiential evidence at this point, but consistent experience is also a valid indicator.

They brought up a pretty interesting counter point that I thought was worth sharing here. If we are really banned from regressions in the non-physical, why is it that drug trip reporters on forums similar to these are not limited in the same way.

Dextromethorphan at high doses induces a special and very stable state of mind (I have tried it twice, although at lower doses, myself a few years back). The state is very much like that of the void, but also a dual reality perception that some of us will be familiar with. You can flip between physical and non-physical perception with very little effort and the experience has a strong association with music and fractals.

At the higher doses though, the experience becomes a full blown OBE and people report unlimited debauchery that could surely be considered evolutionary regression by some.

Do the rules only apply to certain people? Or perhaps does drug use brute force the system - it seems strange that the "rules" of the system could be so easily broken from a simple substance within the system.

Similarly with even more powerful psychedelics like DMT, which I have never tried, users report a profound sense of experiencing something "they were not meant to see" yet it happens none the less.

I don't have much interest in pursuing these unnatural states - yet it is intriguing, what is the truth behind these rules.

106  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Wake induced success on: October 29, 2016, 00:53:56
This morning I went back to bed to sleep in after waking up. It is hard to be sure how good my memory is of the sequence of events since it is possible there were nested dreams involved, but this is how I remember it.

I had not laid down for long at all before I began my attempt to project. I tossed and turned a little before settling down and letting my mind drift. You know you are getting close due to a physical sensation of haziness or lightness. It is difficult to describe but I have become more familiar with this feeling by naturally drifting off to sleep while listening to audiobooks. The narration holds attention long enough to perceive this sensation where you may normally spiral off into sleep.

The duration of time from being in this reality to the next was no more than the span of two breaths. Somehow the breaths were critical and possibly the most important innovation learned from this experience. It was all about the exhale, during a long exhale I would feel the "sensation" increase and get some glimpses of subtle lights.

Upon the second long exhale I saw slightly more vivid lights but nothing extraordinary - there was also a quiet bang that caught my attention as a sign of crossover, although it was indeed much quieter than some of the gunshots I have heard in the past on failed attempts.

Truth be told I thought I had failed this attempt too because post bang I felt no different. I decided to open my eyes and there was a strange window in the wall that didn't belong. I suspected that I was not in my normal house so I went out to confirm the longue and found my partner watching TV. From this point I was swept away in the dream scenario - touch football at the beach, a movie theatre full of violent rioting high school students.

It wasn't until I woke up in this reality that it really clicked that I had been in another reality. At some point I must have become convinced that the strange house was indeed my house.

The critical question was, did I really discover a useful addition to wake induced separation technique and perform my first fully conscious end to end separation, or was I already dreaming when I began - which has fooled me more than once before.
107  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Whats and whys of astral restrictions on: October 27, 2016, 00:02:30
From my experience there is a lot that happens in the NP that is training and although I keep hearing it said that it's about learning how to transition between this physical life and what's next. I know that is only a portion of what is going on. Expand that to include it being about how many others you can take with you after you do transition. If you have heard of the bottleneck that is the area WE are calling the NP (for the most part). It's choke full of people in the NP that have transitioned there and NEED to move on. So yes you need to realize it isn't about fun and games, it's work plain and simple so yes, those areas have rules and often simple observation is all you need do.

Woah, this hadn't really dawned on me. I know that we need to make interactions with each other into a win-win scenario for mutual growth, but getting others out of the physical mindset to transcend death is understated as a difficult mission. It is going to take some special language skills to get that message across, but I am getting there with the few that will give the idea the time of day. I like Campbell's quote that "there is no opting out, and no other game to play".

This has been a hard lesson for me as by nature I do my own thing and never much cared to let anyone else control my life.

Did you take this phrase out of my mind? I was going to write it in my OP and deleted it. Maybe there is something about this attitude and gravitating here.

Know that the reason a lot of people do not get the full experience (or seem to progress) is simply because they are looking at the NP as simply a game. They will progress in time if that becomes their desire. It's just a matter of maturity.
At times like this try relaxing and simply observing. You will grow.

Once again thanks for this awesome topic. I've enjoyed all the feedback.

Good advice, stopping the struggle yields instant results. I projected for hours last night, traversed 5 or more scenarios and avoided the usual traps.

I am glad you got something out of this topic. It has been important for me too.

Right before I fell asleep last night I remembered the reason I posted this topic, but that reason could probably become a whole other topic of its own now. I need to stew on it a bit first.
108  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Whats and whys of astral restrictions on: October 26, 2016, 13:44:08
By general audience I mean the people that upon the mention of other realities or OBE look bored and ask "what's the point". The most immediate motivation is always ego fantasies - virtual reality come today but more realistic.

I do not place myself in this category at all. I became interested in projection in a quest for truth and hungry curiosity. I was really hooked by Frank's description of the existence of tiers of reality.

Pro football is my end game, but I also came in with a scientific mindset and plans for many experiments and fantasies that I had forgotten until now. I don't think of these fantasies as ego based, rather they are a life's collection of things I love. They will have to wait. My growth demands it, or so it seems.
109  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Whats and whys of astral restrictions on: October 26, 2016, 10:28:24
Thanks for the great responses. Really valuable stuff here.

Lumaza, you have explained this to me once before already, but I suppose it didn't sink in. I was still running under the impression that the kinds of things I imagined I could do should be easy and would become available if I tried a bit harder. Sitting here and imaging it now, it still seems so easy, easier than baby steps.

Maybe it is in fact easier. I have had the intuition for some time now that I am deliberately blocked from these experiences one way or another, and I now I am quite confident this is the case. I never believed that we would be so constrained, I have always been a rebellious and tenacious type, as you can probably tell by the way I post.

Looks like I will be forced to learn some more things. The MBT trilogy has been extremely helpful in this regard - I would highly recommend it. Even though it doesn't directly pertain to OBE instructions, it is very valuable in developing the mindset and understanding, so much more so than all of the other AP books I have read. Perhaps this piece of information was for you, luffy28.

EV, what you have described matches my experience to a tee. It is so fascinating.

This idea about removal of intellect and the death transition particularly rings with me, I stumbled upon a similar topic else where in this forum, I have been pondering it since, and here it is again.

I also have concerns about this discovery, but something is not quite right here, there may be a missing piece to the understanding. Here is my issue, what we have discussed here is very much a passive and accepting approach, but it isn't necessarily my common approach, nor is it the only approach in my opinion. Evolution of consciousness is also an active approach, is it not?

Intellect is part of the driving force of decision making that leads to growth. I can understand the learning opportunity afforded to temporary restriction of intellect, but permanent discarding is a loss of knowledge and energy potential that makes little sense to me.

I thought that in NPR we would be less restricted. In PMR I can throw my life away and make all of the bad choices I want to. We are so closely governed and limited in NPR as to not sully an experience that is well within our control to sully. Bizarre paradox.

The funny thing is that this kind of government and restriction is the mystical part of AP that the general audience just can't grasp. When you try to explain this part of why we cannot just perform a validation or have any fantasy experience we like, it would trip the BS meter. Perhaps I can now see why this area has not yielded wide spread interest. The golden ticket has some serious catches, not quite the chocolate factory that you see on AP documentaries such as "The Phase" is it.

110  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Whats and whys of astral restrictions on: October 26, 2016, 00:01:43
The purpose of this topic is to discuss a potential misinterpretation of our capabilities in NPR.

Here is what I have come to believe should be possible: Enter my personal "safe zone" - look into the sky and perceive a phenomenal cosmos, like seeing the PMR stars with a telescope via the naked eye. Fly around and blow up mountains with energy blasts. Experience the plot of a favourite book from a first person perspective. Construct a temple on fractal principles that dwarfs any earthly construction to a laughable extent.

What I find is actually possible: Become aware in a pseudo-random scenario. Clarity of mind feels crystal clear. Knowledge of the current experience being NPR is at an all time high. Spend what seems like an hour wandering within the scenario. Wrack my brain trying to figure out my original intent (the above experience prototype). Suffer complete and utter amnesia when it comes to anything beyond the current scenario.

----

What does it take to be able to exercise free will in the NPR?

I thought that the problem was lack of awareness - that doesn't seem to fit due to the impenetrable amnesia. I thought the problem might be a banning of bad intentions - I can make destructive choices within the scenario, but as soon as I try I get smoke screened and the scenario fades away until I stop that intent.

It seems reasonable to draw the conclusion that negative intent is banned. I can possibly understand why, but it is shaky ground. Positive intent is also banned. I don't understand why.

Furthermore, something about my being in NPR is wrong, it doesn't feel like me. I have read that in NPR we assume our higher consciousness personality, to me it feels the opposite. My quality of consciousness is severely reduced, as is my ability to make good decisions and seek growth.

If I had to put my finger on the problem - my intellect has been entirely removed. I thought this problem could be bypassed with conscious projection, but I am not convinced that works either.

I see value to the experiences I am having, but I cannot see how they are not a tragic waste of potential because the gains are so minuscule compared to even a fraction of my imagination.

----

TLDR; Have I been misled to believe that the type of experience I imagine is achievable? Why does my time in NPR feel like a tremendous waste of potential?
111  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Listening the Hemi-sync's gateway on: October 23, 2016, 06:48:18
What exactly are you afraid of?  You already KNOW, first hand, FOR A FACT, what's "on the other side".
You've had dreams ALL OF YOUR LIFE which have shown you what's "on the other side". 

So, right now, you're being held back by nothing but your own fears. 
There's, literally, nothing there which you haven't already experienced before.

Those typical "all your life" dreams aren't the limit to the experiences you can have. To say there is literally nothing you haven't already experienced is false, if that was the case what are we doing here?

Do not deny the fear or try to tell yourself it will be the same a experience X, Y or Z. That is setting yourself up for a surprise when you do have a mind blowing experience, which is what we imagine, desire, and are anxious about experiencing. If you were giving a person that has never experienced altered states of consciousness a powerful psychedelic drug it would be quite harmful for them to believe they won't be challenged by the experience.

The attitude that is necessary to master is not one of "I know what is coming", it is "I am ok with whatever comes". Even telling yourself that you will be ok is a belief crutch, you might not be ok, embrace true acceptance and nothing can go wrong for you.
112  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Ap technique you enjoy on: October 21, 2016, 01:15:28
Thanks for the previous reply Xanth, it is good. Without a doubt I intend on teaching my children from the outset that they are consciousness and see where that leads.

I think I can assist on this matter of good and bad. There are two separate concepts at play; moral good and bad, which is completely subjective, arbitrary and not very useful. Then you have absolute good and bad, scientifically measureable and objective. For a long time I never believed there was such an absolute, but there can be within a specific mental concept.

If you take for granted that consciousness exists on an evolutionary path, starting at essentially nothing, and ending at "perfection" you can simply define those actions that get you closer to perfection as being good, and ones that cause regression as bad. That being said, good can lead to bad, bad can lead to good. In some cases it may not be possible to reach good without the bad. You have to try everything to know what works.
113  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Ap technique you enjoy on: October 20, 2016, 04:51:23
There is still a tremendous amount you can do and learn even if you don't break 100% free away from the Earth's gravity.  If your ONLY goal is to break free entirely and land on the moon then you're missing a perspective of what the non-physical is.  It's not a "here" or "there" thing... it's an entire spectrum.  You are already living FULLY and COMPLETELY in both.  You can project and experience just fine even if you never reach the moon. Smiley

Agreed, it is a spectrum, I have had enough glimpses of various experiences to place some data points on the spectrum so to speak. People don't come here to accept their common reality experience though, something drives us to want that canonical moon experience. I don't know if gaining it really enhances our growth potential, or whether it is an extension of our addiction to entertainment and desire for knowledge.

The idea of flying around my city in the real time zone at will just lights up the excitement of my being. A channeled 4th dimensional aptly described that we are like children reaching for the candy jar until we hurt ourselves.

That "tremendous resistance" you speak of is an entirely self created barrier.
Campbell just knows the tricks.  They're there for you to learn as well.
Why does the barrier only apply to the normal waking state? If there was a fundamental belief that prevents me from doing these things, should it not also apply to other states of consciousness?

Where does the barrier come from, how can I learn more about it and how to deconstruct it. Are we institutionalized from birth to not be able to shift consciousness, or is it more like Tom Campbell's personal claim that 4th dimensional beings manually shut down our ability to access these states. That would be a externally created barrier.

Although, I wouldn't go as far as saying that access to those other states is a "physical" trait, since this physical isn't physical at all.  You are just part of consciousness and so is this "physical" reality.
The trick is to stop buying into the concept of physicality.  Once you break yourself from that, you'll begin to see reality in a much different light and it kind of loosens the hold it has upon you.  It's a slow learn though, as it was for me.

True, it isn't really physical, however, if you buy into Campbell's Big TOE - it is still a real system with real rules and that makes it behave like a true physical reality. I have no illusion of a material universe anymore, but I still appreciate the construct of a brain and how it affects our conscious experience.

If there was really no connection between the rules of this reality system and consciousness it wouldn't work as a reality system. Light and sound machines interact with our real brain structure for a consciousness effect. I can buy that unharnessed belief in the potential of consciousness can cause spontaneous changes in brain wave patterns that lead to new states, however, experiencing non physical reality with no change in brain waves would be an impressive feat.

Is there any evidence of a real disjoint between our brain system and consciousness? I have been told that even when we experience completely separate realities that we are still bounded by the limitations of the human mind. It isn't like going source consciousness and returning to human consciousness, it is experiencing source consciousness through the goggles of the human consciousness simulation.

These are just tasty ideas, I am always open to bigger perspectives.
114  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Ap technique you enjoy on: October 19, 2016, 09:52:29
Like Tom Campbell once told me a long time ago "The NPR (Non Physical Reality/Realm) is just a simple shift away. We just have to learn to get out of the way and let it happen".

It is difficult to relate to what Campbell is talking about here. I find that states of consciousness have a gravitational nature; imagine a system containing only the earth and the moon. The earth represents the waking physical reality experience state, and the moon represents some non physical dream state.

As one attempts to jump from the earth to the moon, the gravity of earth affects you less the further away you get. If you don't jump high enough you get sucked right back down to earth, but once you breach the threshold of equal force, the moon gravity will take over and pull you in.

From the dream state, I can visualize or "see" a face and it will more or less immediately become a tangible and persistent entity in the dream, there is very little resistance. Visualizing a face from the normal state seems to have tremendous resistance, it isn't like changing the channel on TV, where the face is now your default and it takes effort to go back to not seeing the face.

At times I lose complete focus and knowledge of this physical reality, unwillingly, but this experience is not like the void. The void for me has a visual component, what I am trying to describe is complete engagement in a train of thought.

Theoretically from this state is should be extremely easy to experience the non-physical, the prerequisites are met, yet that gravity is still there to rip you back down to physical perception. It never travels the opposite way, unless special effort has been made to prepare the mind to the right state first.

I think the reason for this is because our ability to access other states of consciousness is a physical trait. You can measure the change in brain wave pattern associated with these other states. After years of mastery entering the void, Campbell has developed the neural pathways to quickly enter this state at will. He admits as such, but my view is that getting out of the way doesn't do anything unless you give the ball a serious roll and have dug a trough for it to roll in.

115  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Sleep paralysis and breathing on: October 15, 2016, 07:17:02
By exit do you mean just wake up?

I think technically you are already awake, but yes, to unfreeze your body and regain motor control you alter your breathing pattern.
116  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tests, Quests and Challenges on: October 13, 2016, 23:33:26
Thomas, relearn and remember the hand that strikes back is your own.
This will make sense in time.

This is mysterious Smiley

I don't hold a grudge against the non-physical; I tend to write fiery and provocative things to try and stretch understanding. I am not entirely convinced that there are in fact entities that influence our dreams - I am equally as sceptical on the topic of "guides" because both are outside my frame of experience.

For me feels equally possible that both guides and dream content are merely reflections of the subconscious. Additionally, not every dream I experience is constrains my free will. I have to wonder whether this is really a property of someone relaxing the noose on a particular night, or whether it is just another natural mechanic of dreams that large contrasts in awareness cause instability.

The level of lucidity and awareness in my dreams tends to peak around the full moon - further evidence against 3rd party influence.

What do you believe?
117  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tests, Quests and Challenges on: October 13, 2016, 00:13:12
It's a fine "balancing act". But you can overcome it. You can raise your awareness quite a bit and still maintain full grasp of the scenario at hand. The problem comes when you attempt to change or alter the Dream narrative itself. When I do that, it seems like the Dream begins to spiral control. I balance this by keeping the notion that I am Dreaming as a simple thought in the back of my mind, but my real intent is to see whatever it is I am to see in the current "simulation" I am experiencing. I react consciously, but it's more like reacting to the situation itself, instead of reacting with full knowledge that I am Dreaming. Like I said, it's a balancing act and can get quite tedious at times.!  rolleyes

This is correct - I should have been more specific that the instability is directly related to the application of willpower in modifying the scenario or taking free will action within the scenario.

I still haven't seen a satisfactory reason for this phenomenon though. If I told a human peer that when they went to sleep I would place them inside a scenario of my fabrication and any attempt to deviate from it would cause them to be kicked from non-physical reality, that would make me a mind controlling tyrant.

I discovered this restriction on my own many years before I knew anything about astral projection or non-physical states. I am open enough to not pull any punches explaining how this happened for the sake of discussion, hope it isn't too awkward.

Around age 11, a boy in my class told me that he had experienced a "wet dream" wherein he had sex with some dream entity. I was blown away by this because although I was a frequent dreamer I had never experienced anything of comparable "realness". From that day I set out to replicate this person's experience, and that is how I began gaining awareness and taking control of my dreams.

At this time I would often become aware that I was dreaming in the early morning prior to waking. As soon as I realised I would set out on my sexual mission no matter the context of the dream. I specifically remember one experience where I was being attacked by an adult female witch outside of my house - I thought I was going to be killed - then I decided I might as well try to have sex with the witch before I died. As soon as I took free will action in the scenario it started to slip and I woke up.

I toyed with this problem for a couple of years, taking control of my dreams only to have the scenario slip. I soon learned that I could make a small change, then "let go" of the control right before it became unstable enough to wake me up. Using this technique allowed one to maintain the dream for longer, but ultimately you couldn't get much done before breaking the experience.

Ultimately I lost interest in dreams because I couldn't achieve any significant control. It wasn't until more than 10 years later that I found this place and renewed my interest in dreams, but I still haven't been able to get back to the limited mastery I had back then.

118  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tests, Quests and Challenges on: October 11, 2016, 12:58:45
I experience groups of dreams, usually 2 to 3 per night. I tend to become more lucid toward the morning. Sometimes when I leave a dream that I like I go back to sleep and resume it.

I know what you are talking about when it comes to the awareness. If you raise it too much it often ends the experience. When I was younger I would try to control my dreams my raising my awareness, but I could instantly sense that the more I changed the worse my grip on the reality would become. The stability of the dream is felt like an extra sense. If you toy with the gradient enough you will start to waver in between dream and waking perception. Then may start to perceive both realities simultaneously.

A lot of these dreams do seem intelligent somehow, and either our consciousness is unstable or they don't like to be broken.
119  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: A piece of technology to induce lucid dreams! on: October 05, 2016, 23:27:03
Looks pretty sweet. Technological induction of out of body experiences seems to be becoming more popular. I wonder if any of it will become mainstream.

This device is a little different to the other ones I have seen since it seems to target and detect naturally induced REM sleep rather than inducing a desired state from waking consciousness.
120  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Can astral projection be used to kill people? on: October 05, 2016, 01:38:44
In WW2 experiments were conducted to test the limits of the placebo effect. The experiment is set up with two prisoners facing each other in restrained chairs. One victim watches while they blindfold the other and slit his wrists. After he has witnessed what is going to happen, they then blind fold the first prisoner and pretend to slit his wrists with an icicle.

The results showed that the prisoner without his wrists slit died of unknown causes. If you believe you are dead the placebo effect can make it a reality. I have witnessed this with farm animals such as Roosters that stress themselves to death when a younger male enters the coup.

I have heard that it is possible to give people thoughts and impressions from the astral, so theoretically you could convince someone to die via the placebo effect. Ultimately I think the subject needs to accept your influence for it to become real here. Physically killing a person with a ghost stab I am pretty sceptical of.
121  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What Are These Sensations? on: October 03, 2016, 00:05:43
It is all familiar - the foot tingling could be energy sensations, increased awareness of blood circulation, a hallucinated tickle from the mind to test if you are awake.

The darkness thing sounds like the void. It is basically a blank state of consciousness. Usually it has a "3 dimensional" quality about it and the transition is also associated with increased peripheral awareness. It is good success to reach this state, you can do anything from the void.

The hallucination of sounds is pretty common. Sometimes a subtle real world sound will get distorted and your mind exaggerates it into something like this. Other times you may literally see or feel people touching you. You have crossed over to another reality without realising it. I call these experiences mini dreams and they are usually jarring.
122  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: The different planes on: October 02, 2016, 23:27:41
Fundamentally every plane of existence within out current frame of reference is a personal reality. To elaborate, the reality you experience is not pure, it is always an interpretation. We currently experience the human interpretation of one physical rule-set reality.

Discounting other intelligent entities for now, there is a myriad of realities you can create. Physical experiences like this one, hyper real experiences, completely abstract non-physical experiences.

Then there are realities similar to this one in this sense that other entities co-experience it, and they also come in the same flavours as I mentioned above and no doubt others that we don't understand yet.

There are near infinite states of existence to explore. We can't put any real numbers on it but the end game is to co-experience all of it - merge your consciousness with the frame of mind we would refer to as "god".
123  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Projection Fail: The Higher Frog Self on: September 29, 2016, 05:46:41
@Lumaza, that is fascinating. I have to try this pineal visualisation and see if it helps. Did you find it to be specially effective in contrast to any old standard focus?

I am also very interested in this light machine. I see that the Lucia Light is beyond expensive at 15,000 Euros - but there are cheaper things out there like the Laxman. I would have to imagine that it is not as effective - the Lucia seems reasonably advanced, but maybe that is a smoke screen. It is simple hardware that anyone could design, but the intensity and variation of the lights must take immense study to develop.
124  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Projection Fail: The Higher Frog Self on: September 28, 2016, 23:32:17
I laughed reading that experience, hilarious and sounds like a lot of fun, even if it was creepy at the time. It seems like your higher self is trolling you. It wants you to be able to accept it in any form - that is the lesson that I get from this anyway. Your higher self has a great sense of humour.

Can you tell us more about the DMT breathing method? I heard it has been proven in lab mice studies that DMT is without a doubt released from the pineal during REM.

@Xanth, if you see this, you often say that we are just consciousness and anything else you put in front of that is a barrier - what is your view on DMT. It shouldn't be necessary, but there seems to be a connection there. Does the harnessing of consciousness allow us to produce DMT at will, or is it just an "optional" tool to reach these states.
125  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Perception on: September 28, 2016, 01:18:26
It depends on the content of the experience you have. Most of my experiences are non-profound, but they do lead to subtle alterations of perception of reality in a general sense. For example you may experience what it is like to have no fear or shame, and that mindset can carry through to a limited extent, atleast due to the sheer fact that you are aware that such a state of mind exists.

I think everyone dreams of having a profound astral experience where they learn the secrets of the universe; and upon returning they can project at will and see auras and predict the future and so on. I think this really can happen for some people, but it hasn't been my experience...yet.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13