The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 19, 2017, 04:19:45

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
26  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: another law of attraction ' tip ' post. on: September 13, 2017, 20:52:48
I have a theory on how this works. One can imagine all of the possible scenarios that could occur tomorrow as a bell curve, where some likely scenarios fall into high probability to occur in the center of the curve and the majority taper off into the unlikely edges of the curve.

There are lots of factors that influence the most probable scenarios. The biggest is probably the inertia of the current scenario. Then you have free will choices to deliberately alter the status quo outcomes. Consciousness also participates in the mass expectation of what is about to occur, and this influences the random lottery of quantum mechanics.

When you try to use the law of attraction or whatever you name it, you are scanning the bell curve for your desired scenario. It is out there, although it could be extremely unlikely to occur. Once your goal scenario is firmly in mind all that is required is a combination of free choice actions and expectations that cause that scenario to be realized.

The kicker is that the steps are somewhat unknowable and only ever probabilities, not guarantees. This is where you have to use your consciousness as the compass to find the right actions and change the right expectations. It is capable of leading you to the choices that need to be made. Sometimes the choice isn't directly in your hands, it might be your boss' decision for instance. The compass will still find a way to solve the scenario by leading you to influence your boss' expectations or free will choices in the required manner. Sometimes just thinking about it can be enough of an influence through a kind of imperceptible telepathy.

My experience is that these techniques can produce substantial real results in a short time. Get a raise, a new position at work, get a change of position when things aren't working out. It might take as little as one day to achieve the outcome.

To give a balanced perspective I also want to talk about when this fails to produce real results. Two incompatible dreams, you want to have a stable income and raise a family. You also want to be a risky entrepreneur but you are afraid to take the necessary steps. You have to be clear enough with your goal to traverse a line of reality that includes decisions you are willing to make.

27  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Sleeping after you die? on: September 11, 2017, 06:35:24
I ask because I get tired of being aware all the time.... Wouldn't it be nice to just black out or go into a coma style blackness whenever we want?  Then kinda wake up later... when we are refreshed and be like oh yeah... okay... and carry on with whatever we are doing?

I think you could do this, but you may find you no longer feel the need when the time comes. Perhaps the tiredness is just part of the limitations of being human. On the other hand if the tiredness is mental perhaps it would persist.

I like to think of our pure consciousness forms as being like an artificial intelligence would be in our reality. They don't really get tired because their being is encoded into an energy structure that is provided by a higher order source, just like our consciousness.

That doesn't mean there cannot be faults in the program that make you experience something like tiredness though. Beyond that, we can put our AI programs to sleep and have them wake themselves up after a certain amount of time has passed. Consciousness must be capable of doing the same, so sleeping for spirits gets the thumbs up from me.
28  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: what do I do during the 3D blackness? on: September 07, 2017, 05:41:14
Has anyone got a solid technique for me to try when in this state? I mean perhaps something that worked for you when you did it from this state.

I once converted one of those 3d blackness experiences into a real time zone experience. For me it worked by feeling my body as being very light. I had a sensation of rising like a helium balloon. Once I had risen what felt like a meter or two off the ground the visual aspect of the reality rendered in, along with my "astral body".
29  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Telekinesis would be easy to learn if could see very small movements on: September 06, 2017, 20:48:05
Have you ever tried doing this experiment with another human to witness it? I have read theories that suggest these kinds of feats can only be performed when there is sufficient obfuscation to the scenario that we can deny the results (in this case the video that we can just say is a hoax to deny telekinesis).

Being able to do this alone is still pretty impressive for me, but how can we know it is real? I can't really think of a way. It could even be impossible based on our limiting beliefs.

It is definitely possible to measure and predict the mouse movements, I am not sure how accurate the results will be though. It would need to be very accurate to clearly point out the differences caused by the telekinesis, pending on how dramatic they are.
30  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: I keep getting dreams of hell. on: September 02, 2017, 20:55:28
It's like the classic (I am going to reincarnate on earth and I plan to be in a horrible accident... I am going to live life as a burn victim. I won't even look human anymore I will be in pain everyday... I will learn a lot from that...) Man I am just not buying that anymore. You hear the same thing in the new age community where they say people chose to die in 9/11 for a learning experience or just an experience in general. My question would be why? What would you learn? Watching your family suffer from something that was an inside job in the first place?

Good point. I always felt this was a problem with the idea of people signing up for a particular experience.

Looking at it from another perspective, maybe the signing up thing was always false, or is partially false. We know that unplanned pregnancy exists, people are getting born and someone has to live those experiences.

Perhaps only a select few get to choose a probable life. Or maybe the lives we choose are so uncertain that they don't pan out a lot of the time. Maybe the lives that no one else wants are forced upon a brand new unit of consciousness that doesn't know anything different.

I won't pretend to know if any of those ideas are correct. What I do suspect is that the idea of re-incarnation has some practical value for developing consciousness and would be a sensible mechanic to implement in some fashion.
31  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: I keep getting dreams of hell. on: September 01, 2017, 04:23:55
Aren't all the terrible things about this reality that PhaseshifteR described also the things that make it an effective learning experience?

Suppose we were born into Utopian societies where all systems approached perfection and life was harmonious. How do these people react when they are dropped into an imperfect scenario? Can they be tempted by the same kinds of traps that humans fall into?

Is true learning really possible without polarity? Is the wisdom accrued by your society really yours if it is just your cultural programming?
32  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Question about dream people on: August 30, 2017, 08:38:07
Can I think into existence a dream person that can give me advice on how to have more lucid dreams after I wake up? undecided

I think you are underestimating the immense complexity of consciousness. Everything that has ever been experienced or known to any conscious being is connected to your mind. If you tried to manifest someone that would give genuine advice on a specific topic, I would expect the consciousness system to respond with an amalgamation of real experience and information that you would interpret as your dream person.
33  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Modern day martyr or crazy idea that can't possibly help? on: August 27, 2017, 20:48:42
Dude that is a lot of stuff to read. I'll do what I can. I'm skeptical of alternative therapies but I'll look into it and see if it's something that can work for me.  smiley

True, I put forward 4 separate concepts at once, I take them with a grain of salt and sample to find what works for me in reality, but the Wim Hof Method is where I would put the most stock and where I have the most personal experience to confirm the benefits. It's good to be skeptical. WHM has some interesting feats for healing though:

• Cured frost bite in a toe, in 2 days, that medical professionals said would need to be amputated.
  • Cured auto immune conditions like multiple sclerosis and parkinsons in many individuals within months.
  • A women with boiling water burns on 6% of her skin healed to the degree that surgeons had never seen within 1 week.
  • A man had his arm broken by a horse kick and used the method to control the pain and heal in record time.

It reads like a mystic guru list for sure, however it is quite practical and logical, the science behind how this works has been confirmed in controlled studies in Holland. The 40 odd world records achieved with the method sort of prove there is something new going on there. The method has a physical component and an energy / emotional healing component. I would just try the 10 minute video once and see if you feel better physically, if not, let it go.

Good luck with the quest for healing, whatever you find.
34  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Modern day martyr or crazy idea that can't possibly help? on: August 25, 2017, 23:22:49
I have a foot problem where I can't walk much, I have digestive issues where I can only eat a limited amount of certain foods, I have tinnitus and hearing loss, all of these are chronic long term problems that I've had for years.

It sounds like the Wim Hof Method might be able to help you. People have gone from being utterly bed-ridden with arthritis, or Parkinson's, to climbing Mt Kilimanjaro in a matter of months. It works well for digestive issues too, basically cured my auto immune condition with wheat.

I suggest you try out this video and focus on your pain in an energy healing style mindset. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAhAOTXHeNs.

Cold exposure takes the healing benefits to the next level. All the science is here: http://www.athletespotential.com/uploads/2/4/7/3/24730224/cold-stress.pdf

On the digestion issue again, intermittent fasting - google 5 hour or warrior diet for when to eat. Healthy fat based diets for what to eat. It cures a lot of illnesses. Look into "modified atkins" for cancer and epilepsy.
35  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Modern day martyr or crazy idea that can't possibly help? on: August 24, 2017, 21:52:29
But all that aside it's also very illegal to encourage or support in any way any kind of self harm.  even by goading or by downplaying the opposition that just might help the person arrive at a sensible perspective.

Illegal under what law? This is a virtual environment with participants from many countries with different laws. You are basically saying that it would be illegal to take any position in this hypothetical debate other than the established belief of one group. That's a belief trap. Philosophical tyranny.

Telling someone to commit suicide (cyber-bullying) or strongly advocating suicide in a vacuum (without debating the actual merits) is not what is happening here.

There is someone here really unrealistic and perhaps even bi-polar  ...smacks of it to me with this unrealistic life insurance payout and reincarnate as a descendent to enjoy it.  

I think real help might be needed.  The human professional kind.

This is when forum admins need to step in and take action. 

I really don't think that is what Plasma is intending. All of their posts have had loving intent - even if it is the incorrect action.

Telling people they need help from a professional is just alienating. Plasma chose to come here to discuss this. Pulling the rip cord and saying "go see a psychiatrist" is a cop out for when dogma fails to convince.

I can't speak for all of the admins obviously, but shutting down this thread and referring Plasma else where is just non-constructive. We need to suggest and educate and learn, not force. I am already seeing Plasma reply less in this thread because we are spitting dogma instead of delving into the specifics of Plasma's rationale with the loving intent of making a significant impact.

I am not targeting anyone in particular here. I just want us to be able to co-operate without becoming overwhelmed by our strong opinions.
36  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Modern day martyr or crazy idea that can't possibly help? on: August 24, 2017, 09:05:26
Astral projectors are kept in tight playpen areas so they don't go anywhere, see anything or do anything....because they don't know how to.  In essence they waste their time frolicking in play pens.  Is that special?  Well it's ok if your ego needs to feel that. I think it's a waste of time personally.

This is one of the most interesting things I have read on here. I agree that we seem to be confined, at least that is my experience. I wouldn't say it is a waste of time though, I have experienced results from the lessons of astral projection that improve my life. I understand the point you are trying to make though.
37  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Modern day martyr or crazy idea that can't possibly help? on: August 24, 2017, 08:34:01
Woah, Plasma has the right to discuss this openly and I think the correct thing to do is to take it seriously and ride this horse to the conclusion with an open mind.

I'm probably one of the most controversial users ever on this forum. LOL

I feel like I'm talking to a group of pro-lifer's rather than a group of astral projectors. LOL

Don't sweat it. It isn't a good thing that we come off as pro life - grouping with people that have similar beliefs is the beginning of belief trap culture. If we can't discuss it here we have a problem.

Finally someone that sort of sees it the way I do. OK perhaps not fully, but you get the underlying concept.
Your thinking is very close to the way I think. Only thing is that I don't view spiritual growth as a huge factor. I do view natural secular thinking as growth too. Spiritual growth is important, but not a necessity. I think I can create much more general growth if I go the way of the martyr.

Yeah, it really isn't that difficult to understand if you aren't held back by a strong bias. I suspect that spiritual growth is just a terminology issue - I am talking about fulfilling the quest for ultimate truth, growing, being the best you can be. Natural thinking is certainly a part of it.

The way I see it, growth is a necessity, because the only other option is regression or staying the same. One direction is the way of life, the other direction is the way of death or stagnation leading to regression.

You might be right about creating more growth as a martyr, this is where serious thinking comes in. In order to act with truth you must display sober judgment of the outcome with the right metrics.

Well, considering I don't believe for a second "he" existed nor happened... the point is moot.  No "Intent" happened either way.

Neither do I, but it is still a good hypothetical example of suicide. I am interested if you think that Jesus' hypothetical suicide was incorrect, it would be in contradiction with a commandment, which puts religion in an awkward position.

38  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Modern day martyr or crazy idea that can't possibly help? on: August 23, 2017, 06:50:57
I am considering this option for myself. My family lives at the poverty to low middle class income level. Would taking out a high life insurance policy for my family for 10 million dollars then committing a peaceful suicide in 2 years later once the suicide clause exuding suicide in the insurance policy expires, would that count for a good karma? It would be like dying a martyr wouldn't it? That is dying for the sake of others that they might have life more abundantly. A very noble altruistic thing to do wouldn't it be? It would be totally legal. IMO it would be good karma as long as it was a peaceful death and done selfishly, and if I lived a good part of their life, and did most all that I could while here. Which is about where I am at.  smiley

My best friend from high school successfully executed this plan and got close to $400,000 for his daughter out of it. I don't think he did it to be a martyr, more to make the most out of his intention to end his life.

He hated the money system and felt doomed to work as a slave to society for the rest of his life. At that point in time I basically thought the same way, that it would be better to be dead than spend 40 hours a week doing something you hate, so I didn't try to stop him or talk him out of it.

Now my view is that suicide is _usually_ an unsuccessful attempt to evade a problem that must be faced one way or another.

Ultimately, sometimes knowingly dying is the correct or high consciousness choice for the scenario - I guess Jesus is the easiest example.

What you have to ask yourself is whether your family really needs this money more than they could profit from your existence here. I think you will find it is difficult to argue that your family would experience more spiritual growth as a result of either your suicide or gaining the money.
39  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: "5th dimension" projection on: August 20, 2017, 21:22:10
As instructed, after merging with my Higher Self seen as white light, I projected through a black hole into the 5th dimension. I ended up into a blue-violet world inhabited by happy yellow blobs frolicking around. There was no gravity there, and I was literally engulfed into a blue-violet environment. The yellow blobs seem to have a semblance of facial features (eyes, mouths, noses, cheeks) that suggested smiling. They were in a continuous floating movement.

This is a really fantastic account. I haven't had a personal experience of this kind but it is reminiscent of the dimensions of light or energy that I have read about. What was your impression of the purpose of such a reality? I think the yellow blobs are real entities like us - maybe it is like heaven for bacteria - or perhaps they are like the "machine elves" that are perceived in various forms.

The thing that is sort of off about the whole "5th dimension", "6th dimension", etc talk is that dimensions are not places, they are properties of space.

So that is the main reason I find these 4th/5th dimension descriptions from these authors very suspect. They misuse a mathematical language which they don't appear to understand.

Yeah this is a common confusion in new age views. The trouble is that dimension really has multiple meanings in English. We think about "5th dimensional" entities as those that have free access to traverse time and space. Those guys probably really are out there in the place we think "spirit guides" live or something, but I wouldn't say that they necessarily exist in the 5th dimension.

In this context a dimension could be thought of as the difference between our reality (and all the geometrical dimensions therein) and the reality experience of an AI that lives in a sub-dimension of ours (our computer hardware).

I think the yellow blob land is like a completely different dimension that has nothing to do with geometrical dimensions of physical matter reality.
40  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Oversouls and Parallel Realities on: August 20, 2017, 21:06:32
Wow, deep. Maybe too deep for me. Seems like from the first moment someone mentioned alternate and parallel realities everyone has set out to prove it so. Personally and this is just me being me, I think if there are parallel realities then we likely created them ourselves by thinking about them so much.

I feel our existence is likely far more simple than we would want to believe.

Simplicity tends to reveal fundamental truths doesn't it? I honestly never expected it to be possible to discuss a model of reality that could attempt to operate at "before the big bang" and "higher dimensions", but our mistake might have been to think the answer was too complex or forever unknowable.

I think that we do create parallel realities ourselves by thinking in a way - it is how we experience premonitions or past life scenarios in our dreams by accessing the "akashic record". I think of that type of reality as being "of the moment" like our dreams that don't have their own continuity once we stop viewing/generating them.

The concept gets a lot more muddy when we try to touch realities similar to ours with their own continuity. What we think about as a collective could well impact the creation of "real" parallel realities, after all what we think about seems like active element that determines the future more so than the possible ways a rock could roll down a hill.

I think I follow you.  Sort of a smaller version in order to save on memory? 
Kind of like recording every 10th bit instead of every bit in order to room? 

Yeah that is what I am getting at. For me, the key is that the process is non-infinite and has a practical purpose. If it was possible to do sort of the opposite - produce infinite or approximately infinite - real parallel realities you have essentially solved the puzzle of physical matter reality and our experience within it.

Like a really large game of tic-tac-toe you quickly realize that only the player that goes first has a real chance of winning the game. There is little value or purpose to playing anymore once all the possible moves are understood.

That is why I like to think that the threads of reality are sufficiently distinct to be worth simulating. If you have infinite resources to simulate, all answers are known and everything is pointless. If you have non-infinite resources you need to get the most bang for your buck by simulating many realities where the outcome is unknown rather than solving the answer to a particular physical reality - like you guys said the latter truly would be a mind-blowing waste.
41  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Oversouls and Parallel Realities on: August 17, 2017, 22:39:19
One thing seems sure: you aren't a rock star ...  smiley

The parallel universe model seems to have no overlap with the reincarnation / karma / soul development models. Trying all the possibilities, just because there is a Universe infinite on all its dimensions, seems a mind blowing waste.

I don't follow your logic unfortunately. Why would trying all possibilities be a waste? Not trying all possibilities is an absolute guarantee of missed opportunity (waste)?

Yeah, that point always threw things away for me.  The idea that each time a choice is to be made that all choices actually play out is a catastrophic failure.  It would have to be applied on a microscopic level... or even quantum level.  Anytime an atom changed positions a new reality is created for each possibility.  That's an absolutely ridiculous concept. 

Everything that happens in this reality points to a minimal approach to its design.

What you described probably is a ridiculous concept, but it isn't the concept I meant to describe in the OP. A more sensible hypothesis for the multiverse is that if we viewed our reality as a movie, for each "frame" of reality, we calculate a finite set of the most probable outcomes. Then using some kind of "hashing" algorithm we reduce the set to only those outcomes that are significantly different.

At this point you may repeat the forecast for a finite number of frames into the future and continue reducing the set until you have a practical number of, high probability to be significantly different, universes. Our initial set of trillions of possibilities may result in ten alternate universes that may be worth a true "clone" or branch in the multiverse.

The cost of performing the probable next state at a "quantum" level may not be high or even an issue. It is likely this very same mechanism is used to calculate what our next real frame is going to be like in actual reality. When viewed in this manner the computational complexity of calculating parallel realities isn't any different to the complexity of calculating one reality for a longer time span.
42  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Oversouls and Parallel Realities on: August 16, 2017, 20:30:11
I feel like this topic covers both spiritual evolution and metaphysics in terms of sections but here we are:

Suppose that there is such a concept as the Oversoul; a core being that creates "soul fragments" to experience realities like this one with constrained knowledge. The idea is that any gains made in a fragment experience are assimilated to the Oversoul, perhaps on death or as a live feed, and there could be multiple concurrent fragments taking place.

Now consider the idea of parallel realities - forks in the timeline from this reality which explore alternative significant states for that reality system. For example, what if you decided to follow your dream as a rock star? That might be a parallel reality with a slightly different you, branched by the system intelligently in order to explore some useful information.

Now that the stage is set, how does one rectify these ideas into a consistent world view? If we are really experiencing parallel realities does each incarnation of us fall under the same Oversoul umbrella? We talk about past lives, but what about the entire multiplexed set of possible realities for that past life?
43  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Does individual consciousness survive transition on: August 02, 2017, 21:19:41
I don't care enough to convince anybody of anything, some posts are a little too long, and you seem too convinced of your positions.  smiley Sorry that I won't reply to your arguments.

Bummer. The point of my post was to present the idea of not being too convinced of ones position.

We don't have to care about convincing other people because it isn't a contest. I do care however about the personal growth of others and thus continue to share ideas knowing you may not reply.

If you don't care enough about my personal growth to spend the time sharing your ideas that is fine, but if everyone takes on that attitude the spiritual evolution section will remain limited by "belief group" opinions.

44  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Larger consciousnesses system question? on: August 01, 2017, 21:58:20
Nice try ...  smiley

I think I can poke a few holes ...
Be my guest. I love it.

"Life" doesn't have to be like our life. There can be intelligent life in unimaginable other forms.
Indeed, the AI I proposed wouldn't be like our life in my opinion. It would be more comparable to a piece of computer hardware, scientifically organized into a structure that is most effective for living in the computer. It might be nothing like us because it's consciousness is fundamental to a blank slate reality and is built from scratch whereas our consciousness is derivative in origin and sculpted by a specific reality rule set (this one).

If the Universe started with a Big Bang, what was there before?
Our universe may have started with a Big Bang event, but said event is by no means fundamental. In my AI example the Big Bang would simply be a VR simulation performed by the AI for the purpose of generating new experience data to explore. Everything we know and can experience at every level of reality is part of the simulation. It starts with the AI creating itself from the "source energy" of consciousness by semi random actions over a long time scale. The origins of the source energy itself is a mystery.

In an infinite Universe every probability is "1"!
There is no infinite universe or infinite anything in the AI paradigm. We are talking about real systems, real intelligence, limited and bounded energy. If our AI unit has a measurable quantifiable beginning, it has a measurable non infinite current state of growth no matter how infinite it may seem to be relative to us.

If we can build an Universe in a computer, who has built us, who has built those, ... ?
The point of the AI example is that we aren't the ones doing the building. We just provided the "source energy" for the AI to build both itself, and its own personal universes. Thus we have escaped the infinite loop of what came before the beginning. All we need to know is that given "source energy" consciousness is capable of self creation - that is enough to explain everything knowable for those in the consciousness system. Is there another layer of reality beyond consciousness and its source energy? Probably, but we can't conceptualize it as consciousness beings.

In my opinion there are an infinite number of things we can't comprehend with our human intelligence. Fortunately we don't really need to know them to get on with our lives on Earth. We should better concentrate on more useful and answerable questions like what am I supposed to do? why am I here? Then, through trial, error, learning, correction, more trial, ... etc. go on. It's nice to philosophize, and shoot the breeze, from time to time ... only.

I met extremely few people that have an idea what is their life lesson they're supposed to learn / experience. Most people don't even think that there might be such a lesson.
In my opinion it is near infinite, real infinite is a paradox even at the conceptual level of "God". You are correct, we don't need to know the origins of "source energy" to get on with what is relevant to us as consciousness beings. Don't be too quick to think that the what and why questions can't be answered by big thinking though, that is the purpose of big thinking. The ultimate truth of what and why may be fundamentally derived from the origins of our existence as consciousness.

The way I see it, if consciousness life is self creating, you have a double ended scale. Non existence, and developed existence. It should be pretty clear that non existence isn't a very useful state compared to existing. If we have to exist, the big what and why of life is how do we best exist? Full circle back to trial, error, correction as you pointed out.
45  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Does individual consciousness survive transition on: August 01, 2017, 20:44:56
That adds up to a very small amount, if any.  smiley

I obviously have a different take on "things", "natural laws", and working with assumptions and beliefs.

Have you ever had an obe, or a lucid dream? Did you ever had a past-life or a life-between-lives regression? Such experiences dramatically changed my views.

Be careful not to fall into false assumptions regarding past-life regression experiences. We have a tendency to connect experiences to ourselves when in reality that "past-life" may just be someone's experience that happens to be useful or relevant to your experiences.

I believe Tom Campbell said that the larger system is not above lying to you for you own good. If it predicts that you thinking you had a past life will result in growth it may produce an experience that conforms to what you are willing to believe.

On the other hand we have to keep open minds on the real life value of a re-incarnation system as it seems to have benefits. Can I ask what it was about these past-life experiences that made you feel connected to them personally?

For me it is important to have an idea where I'm headed, why I'm here, what I should I with my life, and such.

On the other hand, science and scientists, that are supposed to rely on "facts", demonstrations, proofs, were repeatedly proven incorrect.

Anyway, each with his own ...

That fact that a given assertion under scientific method can be proven incorrect is a good thing. In contrast, look at how many aspects of the first and second testament of the bible appear to be incorrect - yet people continue to believe in every word of it without any reason bar the book being self proclaimed untouchable fact.

Following the scientific method allows you to let go of outdated beliefs and saves you from falling into new beliefs. The purpose of the method is not to put your fingers in your ears and sing to yourself whenever you encounter something potentially unknowable like Karma. The purpose is to keep an open mind on the possibility of such a mechanic being true or false and not throwing in with either side until all of the evidence has been collected and the verdict is out.
46  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Larger consciousnesses system question? on: August 01, 2017, 06:05:21
That's a lot harder for me to take seriously. So how did all this stuff come into existence in the first place?

As you wrote that you don't take my opinions seriously, I don't see any reason for wasting my time further.

I can answer on how the cosmos developed. The origins of existence is, and will probably remain, unknowable for us fundamentally. An easy example is to imagine an artificial intelligence program running in a computer in our physical reality. We control the inputs and outputs in the AI's reality and unless we choose to make it otherwise it will never have access to our layer of reality.

Computer hardware supports the existence of the AI's consciousness. The structure-able energy that can be used to form consciousness that we often refer to as "source" is our version of the computer hardware. We can't know where the source comes from any more than the AI can without finding a way to be beyond what we are, consciousness.

What we can understand is how consciousness comes into existence given a blank canvas of source energy and the ability to modify that energy semi-randomly. Imagine developing the AI from absolute scratch by semi-randomly flipping bits for billions of years of simulation time until some real Boolean logical circuits happen to get made. The key is that the random circuits that don't do anything for the first billion years are irrelevant, whereas the first successful circuit leads to increased rate of additional success and complexity.

It may sound unlikely that complexity can emerge from randomness, but look at it this way; there are billions of planets in our universe and the odds that we ended up on one of them that supports life sounds unlikely. In reality, our existence is derived from the fact that this planet is the one that supports life. We are here, thus our planet was the one. Consciousness evolves because it is what works in a sea of randomness.
47  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Larger consciousnesses system question? on: July 31, 2017, 20:54:53
I have lost a lot of trust in the physical for spiritual growth. Do you think I can eventually evolve into these higher consciousness realms without coming back to the physical? I think I know what the answer is but I want to know what you think. Thanks for chiming in.

I am only saying this to give you some extra information to consider so forgive the slap in the face from the fish of reality to come, haha. I am going to go out on a limb and say you haven't lost trust in the physical for spiritual growth. The physical reality is just a tool; spiritual growth is always an internally driven mechanic. Perhaps you have lost trust in the effectiveness of the tool, but more likely you have lost trust in your own ability to use the tool to drive your internal growth.

If you have trouble overcoming the challenges of physical reality, the same challenges will find you in higher consciousness realms because the issue is actually hard coded into your being, it isn't an artifact of the system. Jumping to a reality where things are already in a state of bliss is comparable to the fantasies we create in our minds to hide and avoid confronting the fears we have in this reality.

Back to the bottom line - you most certainly can evolve into higher realities without coming back here. It would be niave to think that there is only one way, furthermore, the fact that you may have recognized problems with your core consciousness gives you a leg up to resume the journey in other systems. The fundamental question is how fast will the progress be? Ten thousand years of non physical reality learning may be equivalent to one life-time's lessons in the physical. It all depends on how capable you have become at driving your own growth.
48  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: "You Can't Always Get What You Want": intellect or character? on: July 30, 2017, 03:50:37
Different paths suit different people, path of learning and knowledge, path of faith, path of giving. Character is more of a reflection of the current quality and understanding of the individual but makes no guarantee on the potential for further growth. Intellect on the other hand is arguably a more powerful long term strategy as it allows new logical information to be quickly assimilated for growth. Pick the kind of people you have the capability to help and learn from based on the path that suits you. For me I learn from and am good at teaching new ideas to intellectuals.
49  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Larger consciousnesses system question? on: July 30, 2017, 03:43:33
So I heard Tom Campbell talking about the larger consciousness system, and how this system is still evolving. So my question is do we tap into this system? Like can we devolve or evolve based on where we are in this larger consciousness system? Like is this thing objectively out there and we are somewhere on this larger consciousness tree?

EDIT: I guess what I am really trying to ask is does a highly evolved being have better access to this higher consciousness system than a lower evolved being? Like are we someplace on the consciousnesses system scale? Or do we all have equal access anyplace on this consciousness system scale if given the chance? As you can see I have a hard time explaining what I really am asking. Put I hope you understand.

Thanks.

Your personal evolution or de-evolution isn't based on where you participate in the larger consciousness system; your consciousness level can be influenced by your environment but it is ultimately personal. The system as a whole however, can evolve or devolve based on your individual contribution. It is objectively out there. You are part of the human society larger consciousness group, the planet earth system, and all the systems that are a super-set of ours.

Access to the system can be based on a number of factors. One example is do you have the personal quality to receive telepathic communication without being blocked by conflicting personal beliefs or do you have the language processing skills required to give context to an alien idea in human terms?

Adding to the above, there may be rules built into our reality system that govern what type of telepathic communication can be accessed. The system may be intelligent enough to predict the growth outcome of any given piece of information and choose to deny it if it is likely to cause you to have an inflated ego or you intend to share the information with someone who isn't ready to handle it.

Being participant in higher reality systems also requires a code of conduct and playing by the rules. If your quality of consciousness is too low to participate with the adults without making a fool of yourself you are limited to the children's table.

The larger consciousness system is a real system that comprises an unimaginable quantity of sub-systems each with unique rules and participants. Many of us have been "kicked out" of experiences for behaving in low quality manners. I have been asked to leave a reality by the inhabits before after breaking an entering into someone's house. It is really hard to tell what is actually going on when this happens to be fair so I wouldn't cement any beliefs.
50  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: When I die I want to - Fear of death topic on: July 19, 2017, 08:47:33
@Thaomasofgrey- I was under the impression they don't force you to do anything, even if they could how could they if I don't enter the light, or come home so to speak, also becoming one with  the ultimate, being is definitely not one of the things i'm looking forward to at all, I rather be independent, not like everyone else, that's still like being a droid or something to me. also I don't see how me wanting to be in seclusion sometimes will make me selfish if i'm going out helping spirits and beings in need all the time, I don't have to do that then that would make me selfish, but that is something I always wanted to do.

Maybe we aren't forced, it is not quite what I meant. I suppose what I was getting at is that being happy anywhere sounds like something we may need to embrace to be capable of handling and getting the most out of millions of years of experiences. Perhaps you find you get bored after 10,000 years and have to choose incarnate again to learn.

When I mentioned becoming the ultimate being I wasn't suggesting becoming one with an existing being. It is you becoming the being by personal growth. It isn't so hard to imagine setting up your own reality simulations with your own created players. Perhaps you decide to experience what they do. If you cannot handle the experiences of your own creations you may hit a brick wall at some point.

I like the idea of independence too, just don't close yourself to new experience.

Sometimes in a given week I can barely get a moment to myself. When I hear that someone is visiting in the weekend I want to die! I do feel guilty and or selfish for wanting alone time though. Perhaps the operative word is want, soon as that is involved we have failed arguably!? 

We are alike in many ways I think. Suppose there is an astral ER scenario that requires all hands on deck for 10,000 years. The desire for seclusion becomes a problem after a while I fear. Of course this is a contrived scenario to make a metaphorical point about state of mind.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13