The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 18, 2017, 15:46:38

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]
301  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Conversation of Death on: July 28, 2015, 12:12:21
My most vivid OBE occurred through a dream entry. I was in an analog of the home of my childhood neighbor, an old man down the road. I would visit the man sometimes to obtain weaved flax tips for my cattle whip. He died years ago, I didn't know him well, and I can't remember even thinking about him in a long time.

We were sitting at a dining table and I was in the process of trying to explain concepts of consciousness and the afterlife. In the context of the experience we both knew that the man would be dying soon and I guess I was trying to prepare him somehow. He ultimately refused to believe anything I was saying and that experience ended. It was unique for me because I rarely hold conversation, let alone with a controlled train of thought, in previous lucid dreams.

The experience continued in a ball room, wherein I met two girls. In this context they were friends of my partner's family. I knew the custom was to kiss them on the cheek but there was a problem. One of the girls was over 8 feet tall. Even though I was experiencing this from a first person perspective, I simultaneously felt like an observer and the situation was hilarious. This instantly translated into my first person experience as I doubled over in hysterical laughter. Another first for my experiences.

302  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Me vs Vibrations :( on: July 21, 2015, 00:51:11
So I'm there, vibrating like an idiot and not knowing what to do. When I try to move, my body moves and all is over ; when I do nothing, they fade out.

I know this experience. You might not be deep enough to project. Some say that vibrations are a result of a de-synchronisation between your physical senses and mental senses. This transition seems to get less dramatic as you become less shocked by moving between the states. Some authors recommend that the point of feeling vibrations is too early in the process to exit and that you want to wait until you are on the other side of the transition and they calm down.

All of my wake induced experiences have been from this other side, but I mostly got there coincidently. When I experienced heavy vibrations and the rapid relaxation wave I was unable to remain calm enough to complete the process. It is also said that it is possible to induce the separation at this point with a very strong intent to grab a rope and climb for instance, however, like you I have found this results in my physical body moving.
303  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Astral Projection or Lucid Dream? on: July 17, 2015, 13:14:17
Congrats on your first major success. I have been caught out by forgetting my sleep mask once before as well. It is common for my eyes to open automatically during meditation so I was unsurprised that a seemingly normal vision image to appear. It wasn't until afterwards that I realized I had the mask on. The experience really felt like a false awakening and it leaves you doubting what you experienced.

It does sound like you had a projection that descended into some kind of lucid dream. My first time I was unable to fly but I did have the dark separation and a gentle floating with the vision coming in later. Last night I became lucid enough towards the end of a dream to remember to attempt an astral projection. This time I had no trouble flying at all and I experienced the incredible speed you describe.

I think you may have mistaken normal vision for an accurate mental perception. I have also been fooled by seeing out the bottom of a mask that doesn't completely block vision though.

304  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Cycling on: July 17, 2015, 12:47:44
I like this. I have been making most of my projection attempts in the very early morning hours. At this time I find my mentality to be not very conducive to complex focus. Doing anything other than going back to sleep takes a tremendous effort. This seems like relatively light work so I will give it a spin for those sessions.
305  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: First Experience Recollection and Analysis on: July 11, 2015, 07:38:55
Thaomas, I don't mean to put you off or dissuade you from your current practices; I think any kind of relaxation, breathing practice, meditation or disassociation method is beneficial in at least two ways: first the initial aim of the method itself, second, the cumulative effect of all these methods for training our individual Focus and Attention. In other words, it's all good...

What I would ask you to consider is the question of letting go/giving up control at some point and trusting the message/Intention you have internalised within yourself.

We all want to make conscious, self-determined exits, be it Phasing or RTZ. Quite frankly this is a difficult feat for most of us; not saying it can't be done, but for most of us, myself included, it is a skill to acquire later, if at all. After (jeez...) 45+ years of OBEing, I still can't do it on request.

Szaxx and Lumaza are two of the very few I know of who can do this on command, or near to it...

I understand, I have been trying to run before I can crawl Smiley

Since sleeping isn't my strength yet, I wanted to investigate other possibilities. I have read most of the well known books on the subject and I have learned lots from them, particularly regarding sleep based approaches, but I think I have learned much more about how to achieve projection at will over a long term from the members here. I really can't overstate how much I have advanced from the replies here and in other threads.

I am tenacious so don't fear putting me off. Truth be told the prospect of stopping would be strange for me, ever since I first felt vibrations I have just felt compelled to continue generating that feeling several times a day. I take to heart your advice on letting go as well because I definitely identify a tendency to over control processes and this holds me back during meditation.

Like you said Thaomas, I also have a difficult time falling asleep. I think this is a difficulty of giving up control. I just have difficulty shutting down the days thoughts and concerns. As a result, I don't ever get deep enough in my meditations/visualizations etcetera to achieve an exit. I could never get to Monroe's Focus 10 Mind Awake, Body Asleep state. When I did get to Focus 10 one night, it was after sleeping a few hours and once IN the state I realized that all my earlier conscious attempts had got me nowhere near this deeper level.

For me, the best methods have been Wake, Back To Bed and early morning attempts. To a degree of indirectness, this involves giving up conscious control and trusting in the process whereby you have earlier "programmed" your subconscious computer and then gone into shutdown...only sometime later to regain conscious awareness, but much closer to, if not already within the proper exit state. Often this next shift can be a shift of consciousness that is no more than a second, or a minute or two...these shifts are referred to as "click-outs".

Given enough experiences with these types of exits, we may get closer to achieving the fully conscious projection; but for now, in the early stages, it might gain you the entrance you are looking for.

Hope that gives some further thinking...you are real close.

This really does resonate with my experience. I believe I will have more success with this approach.

Szaxx, that is great advice. It is still really hard for me to keep my focus off my body but I am getting better at it. The most difficult part is the very sudden and powerful waves of relaxation. It is almost like an auto response to body check when it happens. This habit just needs to be overcome with practice I think.

Lumaza I have your advice and letting the experience flow naturally works well for me. The feeling is almost like the mental wandering that occurs before sleep but also containing a visual component. I do find that it can take a considerable amount of effort to maintain the focus so I understand the term pitbull Smiley
306  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: First Experience Recollection and Analysis on: July 09, 2015, 12:06:10
Hello Thaomas. Both Szaxx and EscapeVelocity have given you some great advise and teachings . This entire practice is like one big school. You find that in time you move up levels as well, akin to graduation. The more you learn the more you will learn!

I too have found myself in situations where I couldn't fly, but could do the "Hulk" jump. Dr. Steve G. Jones (another AP Author) uses a Moonwalk as part of his OBE techniques. Where better to do a "Hulk jump" then on the moon in zero gravity, lol.

Matching your breathing pattern to the same as a sleep pattern comes when you have finally relaxed yourself thoroughly. It can't be rushed. But is a natural process that your body undertakes through total relaxation.

I feel the daily disassociation practice and training is a great way to get used to the feeling of separation. I do it almost daily while totally awake, anytime and anywhere. This is great way to entrain your mind and body to just let go and release, to get used to the feeling of being in a another reality or realm.

I still have the RTZ exits. But these almost always come from awaking in full Sleep Paralysis and seeing it through. I don't experience RTZ exits when I Phase though. But, in the beginning of my practice I did. First I would find that I could see my surrounding with closed eyes. Then I would get up and check out my surroundings. Now when I have a RTZ exit via SP, I usually shoot out of my body and out my patio window. That's where the RTZ ends though. On the other side of my window are environments that are completely different then my actual one.

I can tell you are going to be fine with this practice. You say all the right things and ask all of he right questions!  wink

It is interesting that you say that the sleep breathing process cannot be rushed, maybe this is why I have failed to exactly replicate it thus far. I have experimented a fair bit with the 4-7-8 breathing technique. This technique will put me into a reasonably deep feeling of numbness. After two minutes of continuous breathing this way I found that while I thought I was consciously breathing the pattern continued automatically after I stopped controlling it. That was one of the deepest trances I had been in during my early attempts, but the transition from that type of breathing to a natural breathing pattern for sleep is not easy to achieve.

The extra oxygen from the 4-7-8 method definitely sedates the body heavily, but it doesn't deliver the 60 second sleep it promises. If it did I feel that it could be a miraculous shortcut in the relaxation process, and would be extremely useful for someone like me that struggles to fall asleep in general.

I understand the similarity you mention between the feeling of separation and the dissociation. I have computer based job so I take a moment to dissociate in my seat several times a day. The feeling is so similar it leads me to believe that if I could do it well enough it would induce a spontaneous projection.

I am not sure why I experienced a real time zone projection. I have a burning desire to create and experience fantastic things in wider realities. I also have a friend on another continent who has a confirmation code in their house for me to read and I am adamant to blow both ours minds by getting it. This could be why I experienced a seemingly accurate emulation, however, this could also have been just what I wanted or expected to see.
307  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: First Experience Recollection and Analysis on: July 09, 2015, 11:41:31
I agree with what Szaxx is telling you in that this is a very typical early experience, along with the proper realizations that you have had; my experience and much of what I have read followed the same progression.

It seems to be a bit necessarily frustrating; a series of small steps. Your Intent to fly probably should have worked, it sounds like you had the right thoughts. I can't explain it except to say that I had the same experience: one day it refuses to work, the next it works with ridiculous ease...

I think you are properly "primed" to have a great next experience...part of that is your Intent, another related part is your Expectation. Release any current frustration...you are doing just fine...boldly go into the next step...

It is interesting that you are working on Phasing from the outset, yet you are getting ethereal/RTZ type experiences. This may be a necessary evolution of experiences that will eventually get you to the cool, smooth, 3D Phasing transitions. Go with the flow for now...whatever is presented to you...you can figure it out a couple years from now...lol. I fought with the same difficulties when I was a kid that Szaxx describes, not being able to fly on a particular night, but instead doing giant half-mile Hulk jumps...which was great fun in and of itself!

The Etheric/RTZ exits may somehow be a requirement for most of us...some need further activation of their Chakras (if you think that may apply to you)...you really have to work this out for yourself...but don't get hung up on it, you are doing just fine.

It sounds like that this last time a Wake, Back To Bed technique worked for you...keep on with that. Also, be ready for opportunities...wherever they may appear.

Great advice; I have been feeling a little frustrated and this is helpful. I have reached a better understanding of why my meditation attempts fail. I have always been a person that struggles to fall asleep and I am also known to never sleep during the day. My primary session has been 4pm; while it is a recommended time, it is unlikely that I would be able to fall asleep in the best of circumstances.

I am basically attempting two modes. Since I know that it is a difficult for me to fall asleep, I practice methods of transition that do not involve sleep. I haven't had a lot of success with the waking methods beyond the ability to induce powerful energy sensations in my body; I haven't found an application for this skill yet but it feels as if I could just walk my ethereal body out of the physical body with sufficient practice.

I gave up on sleep based attempts at night time after learning of the difficulties in remembering experiences if a deep sleep is induced. I guess my sleep based development is still a lot further along than the other method; that is probably why I experienced it first accidently, despite it being my secondary focus. I have just covered the area of Explorations in Consciousness that describes the Vigil method and I am going to take up this as my sleep based approach since it involves late night sessions where I am more likely to replicate my previous experience and have the ability to sleep more easily.
308  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: First Experience Recollection and Analysis on: July 08, 2015, 08:05:30
Your experience sounds typical of the early days. The physics of flying and nearly everything else is different. Intent and its feel is the way forwards. The first few occasions of moving things by thought took so much mental strain, I thought it impossible. Once i anaged to work it out, it was simple. Nothing in the physical world exists to compare it to as you're finding out with flying.
The next chance you get, imagine the feel of flying and put yourself up there. The giant steps may be encountered first, these are 100 foot wide and 30 or so feet up. If you experience these you can fly from the peak if your thoughts are correct.
You're going to have fun learning the ropes lol.

A fully concious projection from the waking state can be achieved. It's much easier with the basic physics of the NP under your belt. A few naturals at this just do it. Most can't explain how unfortunately. Give it time with a strong will and desire to succeed. This will help program your subconscious mind and it may oblige.

A waking phase takes a min or two once relaxed and has its sequence. A sleep phase is where you find yourself concious and aware in a location not physical. Your instincts tell you its not physical with these in most cases. The concious projections almost speak for themselves. There are a few occasions I've pulled out of one and been bemused by a slightly different scene from my location. Then next thing waking for real to see what is physical, you kick yourself for not noticing the false awakening.

Have fun experimenting.

Thanks for the advice! I think my attempts to fly were just trying to move up physically instead of feeling it or correctly intending it. Hopefully I can manage it next time. Giant steps sound fascinating; is this a common challenge type scenario that people encounter?

My ability to dissociate while awake does seem to be increasing every day. At least, the ethereal sensations I feel when applying focus are increasing. I am using the 6 direction approach described by a few different authors. One of the real keys to it is to match the oscillation of focus between the points with the oscillation of breathing. If one can also manage to get their breathing pattern to match that which occurs sleep it seems to be possible to generate, if not a complete sleep paralysis, a hypnosis like state in a matter of seconds.

I find this easier while sitting upright. I think this may be because it is more difficult to orient the direction of focus strongly when laying down. I think Robert Bruce would often use a chair. Maybe it was for the same reason.

I think I may have used poor terminology in waking vs sleeping phase. It is a difficult question to phrase. To elaborate further I am curious about OBE that occurs not just from a waking state, but during a waking state. I have experienced the transition from waking to a sleeping OBE and also suddenly becoming aware on the border of sleep leading to an OBE. I have heard anecdotes of people driving a car while simultaneously having an OBE; this almost seems like a different category of experience, a dual perception.

I suppose that falling asleep makes it easier to induce the OBE, but when I am practising the dissociation techniques should I be aiming to fall asleep or stay awake? It seems like both are possible.

309  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / First Experience Recollection and Analysis on: July 04, 2015, 03:18:43
I had my first substantial OBE 4 hours ago. It was approximately 5:00am, I awoke to the sound of the hot water cylinder boiling. I got up and went to the bathroom, then returned to bed to go to sleep. I cant judge the time that passed before I next became aware, somewhere within the range of 10 seconds to 10 minutes.

The first thing I experienced was a sensation like my body was gently drifting backwards and then my body seemed to stretch for a few moments. In this stretching feeling there was also a brief sensation of partial dis-corporation and a subtle feeling of transition through some kind of space that is difficult to explain. It felt as if I existed in a type of partial void where reality was like static on a television. There were no vibrations, nor strong energy sensations or sounds.

After the transition I was in the familiar light weight body that I have felt twice before briefly. I began to float up, parallel to the ground initially then becoming upright. At this point I became aware of my vision and I put all my focus into it to try and cement the experience. I stopped near the ceiling light. The room was still very naturally dark so I could not see extremely well but I appeared to be in an accurate emulation of real time. I wanted to fly through the roof so I could get a better look around. I put my focus on flying upwards but I couldn't move; I willed movement harder and felt paralyzed. The next thing I was aware of was that I was back in my body behind closed eyelids.

The entire experience felt like approximately 15 seconds. I felt quite lucidly aware during the experience, and it definitely possessed a dream like quality but at a higher lucidity than I have previously experienced.

Despite the fact that I have been trying to phase for over a year using various techniques and have had limited success, this experience was completely accidental. The only conclusion I can draw from this is that to recreate the experience I need to be in a deeper sleep state than I have currently been achieving through planned phasing sessions.

My ultimate goal is to be able to phase at will and I have been experimenting with waking dissociation for 6 months.

How do you contrast the experiences of a waking phase and a sleeping phase?

I feel like I forced the experience too much in my attempts to fly. I believed that it was going to be easy and was surprised when it wasn't.

310  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: All most got it ? on: July 03, 2015, 01:09:05
So i fall asleep at 9:30 wake up at 2:30 fall back asleep at 4:15 flat on my back, i begin to feel paralysis and a vibe in my head when i noticed im lucid dreaming. When i was lucid dreaming i saw a pink and blue flashing ufo in my back yard i got scared and notice the vibe and i had lucid dreams of a ap, does ap look real or does it look like a dream and does the con actually leave the body??? Plus can ets be in ap planes?Huh

The fidelity of the experience you have is associated with the level of awareness you have I believe. You could say that a lucid dream and astral projection are the same thing, but experienced at different levels of awareness.

I have lucid dreams most nights, I am aware of who I am and what I am doing, and they are usually first person perspective dreams, however, I am yet to break out of the construct of the dream. With awareness one tier higher one could convert the lucid dream experience into a more vivid astral projection experience.

I benchmark myself for an astral projection when my mental alacrity during the "dream" experience is equal or similar to waking consciousness levels.

I am not sure what you mean by "con". Perhaps you are referring to a connection with the body. I wouldn't worry about leaving your body. There is nothing happening to you that doesn't happen during normal sleep. I believe that all conscious beings can exist in the astral planes, including aliens.
311  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Breathing problem on: July 03, 2015, 00:57:21
so when i'm trying to get into an astral state when lying down, I end up putting my gaze upon my breathing, when that happens I cant get my mind off of it and I then feel my mucus down my throat. Any suggestions as how to fix this problem? huh

I find it difficult to forget my breathing too. This is something I have had trouble with my entire life, once I have taken control of my breathing manually it becomes hard to return to automatic breathing. For astral projection attempts I use a couple of breathing techniques which help a lot.

Do a google search on the 4-7-8 breathing technique. I came across this article by chance claiming the breathing technique can put you to sleep in 60 seconds. It isn't that good, but it is quite good and I figured that if it can put you to sleep it is potentially useful for accelerating the relaxation and dissociation process.

Try to breath from your diaphragm instead of heaving your chest. I have read that if you identically match the breathing pattern used while sleeping that it will put you to sleep. I use the 4-7-8 for a couple of minutes to warm up, then relax into a more natural breathing pattern similar to sleep.

There are couple of little properties of the sleep breathing pattern. It should feel very cyclical, like a consistent flow of air in and out with little pause in between. It helps to focus on the airways at your nose and mouth. Feel the air moving through your nostrils and you may find that the rest of the breathing response is automatic. If you get the pattern right your sense of breath will become completely numb in not too long.
312  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Need mentor! on: June 21, 2015, 04:31:31
Here are some of the best tips I have picked up:

• Do not allow your thoughts to refer back to your physical body in any way. This means eliminating physical distraction and reaching a mental state where you forget your physical body. Notice any returning thoughts to the body, including reflecting on "is this it" feelings, intercept them and resume your focus.
  • The hardest thing for me to forget is breathing. I find that breathing through my diaphragm can allow me to lose sensation in that area. Manually inducing a sleeping breathing pattern can also be useful to greatly expedite the relaxation and sleep paralysis process.
  • Engage your focus in a way that works for you. Investing everything into seeing the horizon of darkness induces strong visuals and dissociation for me.
  • You can also try passive imagination. Let it flow naturally. Don't manually comb the experience to fill in details. Engage as many senses as you can.
  • I find it useful to imagine previous lucid dream experiences. I notice that there are often strong emotions associated with dreams that are unlike most physical world experiences. I theorize that focusing on this helps to draw your attention toward the state of mind you are trying to achieve.
  • Try to remain blissfully calm and accepting of the various energy surges and feelings you will encounter.
  • Reflect and eliminate any possible source of fear. I think fear leads back to thoughts of the physical body. One thing that gets me is noises and a sensation like people are walking around near my sleeping body.
  • It is possible to have a successful projection and not even realize or remember it. My understanding is that the mental awareness state must be maintained at both ends of the experience or it will be forgotten like most dreams are. I think this means that you cant go into deep sleep as part of your attempt.
313  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What does this mean? on: June 19, 2015, 01:37:35
So I've been trying to AP with different methods for awhile and have had no success. But last night, I decided to try and just watch myself fall asleep and I got strong vibrations and pressure that went from my head to my tongue. I also noticed that through this experience I was still pretty conscious during the process but maybe not when it started.

In my experience the sudden onset of transition sensations does occur during a lapse of awareness. Akin to what you described, if you viewed your conscious awareness of your body on a graph you would probably find a saddle where you are crossing over just enough to invoke considerable changes. For me the mental state is comparable to when you realize you almost fell asleep during a movie and get startled. The sudden feelings and mental snap back do make me more aware.

Typically what happens after this is that the symptoms slowly fade away; in my case due to over activity or excitement of the mind. I believe the key is to become familiar enough with these feelings that you can relax through them without skipping a beat.
314  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Phasing attempt while wide awake on: June 17, 2015, 01:26:49
If you haven't looked into AD (Astral Dynamics) by Robert Bruce I would give it a read.  If I am understanding what you are talking about correctly his practical works deals almost exclusively with this type of energy work, which he calls NEW (New Energy Work).  I am not a huge fan of his explanations but his methods for working in this state are very sound.  I am pretty sure you can get just the section of the book that deals with this work for free or very cheap, maybe a dollar.  It deals a lot with building up sensations and several methods of moving focus outside your body, Just about all of NEW can be done from a wide awake state.  Good luck and keep us posted on your progress with this work.

This sounds fantastic. I will definitely look into Astral Dynamics. I have also ordered Explorations in Consciousness.

I actually made my first attempt at Scrying last night. I have a small crystal ball made of selenite and I decided to stare into it to see what would happen. After only a minute or two my field of vision completely greyed out and was replaced by typical closed-eye visuals. I wanted to be sure that my eyes hadn't just closed on their own so I carefully moved my hand into my field of view and my physical sight phased in slowly. I repeated this a few more times for extra validation. I have little doubt that it would be possible to phase with eyes open now as long as there is nothing moving in the field of vision.

I also implemented another tip I picked up from somewhere regarding focusing into the distance beyond any visuals you see rather than focusing at them and I found this to be extremely powerful. My visuals became more vivid and my entire field of view seemed to slowly fluctuate in color with dull greens and pinks, which is something I hadn't noticed before.
315  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Tactile Imagination, Energy Sensations and Rainbow Tower Method on: June 15, 2015, 01:15:35
Cheers for the replies guys. This message resonates with me.

The key is to lose your focus on your physical body. Once that is achieved, make a intent and "be" there.

In the past few attempts I have been pouring my focus into some kind of mental zone that seems to stimulate alternative vision.

All of those astral moments I had in the past were achieved by letting my imagination run wild. Maybe there is some stock to this too; although it is the danger zone when it comes to accidental falling asleep tongue
316  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Phasing attempt while wide awake on: June 15, 2015, 00:42:27
Thanks for the advice, I have been trying a blindfold recently, but the one I have now has obvious design flaws compared to the two which you mentioned. I am going to try and source something more like the Mindfold; I live in New Zealand so the actual Mindfold is 5x more expensive than the price in the US (that is not due to exchange rate either).

What you describe sounds exactly like what I experience. I am happy to hear that it can be overcome. Great advice regarding the personal obstacles. I will keep this in mind.
317  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Phasing attempt while wide awake on: June 14, 2015, 14:50:23
That is interesting. Your explanation makes sense. I currently attempt afternoon, night and morning phasing. I have been practicing for 6 months, but recently after reading posts here I have become excited and determined enough to keep trying until it happens.

I have tried most of the well known audio tracks including guided meditations. I have also trialed no beats and either way is comparable in outcome for me. I mainly use them to block out other distractions. I am currently trialing some hemi-sync tracks which Xanth suggested and they are my favourite so far.

My biggest obstacle right now is an automatic eye opening response that I get when I reach a hypnotic state. This is actually why I have become interested in awake projection; eyes open feels reasonably natural to me and at times I have ended up starring without blinking for 20 minutes.
318  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Phasing attempt while wide awake on: June 14, 2015, 02:35:38
Thanks for the replies guys. I will look into Scrying and I will keep trying to train this sensation.

Lumaza, It is interesting that you mention the focus on a particular subject. On three or four different occasions I have "spaced out" while awake for only a couple of seconds and got quite a shock because it felt like I was basically receding or falling into my own mind extremely quickly. At this point of time I didn't know about phasing or astral realms so I would rapidly return to physical focus with a scare. I suspect that if I was able to remain calm I could have had an experience.

I have been trying to capture this same feeling during my sleep based phasing attempts, however, somehow the proper focus is much easier to identify when upright compared to laying down. I can't explain why this is yet.
319  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Phasing attempt while wide awake on: June 13, 2015, 13:08:07
For several months I have been developing a strange ability which is growing stronger. I let go of my physical body and then apply focus in a certain way in my mind. I feel electrical sensations running from my head down by body, a numbness in my limbs and a feeling of lightness and dissociation in the mind. The symptoms do resemble the feelings I get when I make normal relaxation based phasing attempts. My guess is that whatever it is that I am doing forces my consciousness slightly away from the physical; however, I cannot maintain the state for long. Focusing too intently on this causes my muscles to twitch and shake intensely.

Does anyone has have any experience with this phenomenon?
320  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Tactile Imagination, Energy Sensations and Rainbow Tower Method on: June 09, 2015, 02:41:44
Results:

By the time I reached the yellow room in the process, I would estimate that no more than 10 minutes had past but I started feeling strange. I tried to keep focusing on my room but for some reason I was unable to. I was feeling complete sleep paralysis and a slight falling sensation. The most prominent feature which was new for me was kaleidoscopic color patterns. Pretty sure the first one I saw was yellow too. I was determined not to get too excited and ruin this opportunity but I was unable to continue imagining so I reverted to noticing instead. After a matter of seconds, my physical eyes slowly began to open.

This is an ongoing problem for me, once I reach a certain stage in the sleep process my eyes open automatically and stay open until the next sleep phase. When it happens I am in almost complete sleep paralysis. My eyes don't seem to dry out and I don't blink. Usually the eyes being open provides enough sensory input to suspend me from completely phasing away from the physical reality.

I decided to abandon the attempt because I was basically stuck in a hypnotic state but unable to relax further due to the light. I tried again about 30 minutes later, and to my surprise I found that I was almost instantly returning to the same depth of hypnotic state that I was in previously. Within a minute or so my eyes began to open on their own again and I was back in sleep paralysis. I repeated this two more times with the same result. I became aware of a new depth to my focus on the 3rd eye region. I don't know if I was focusing in the wrong place before, but something about this felt more natural. Upon engaging with it my energy began to move in a new way. The best way I can describe it, is that it felt like my body was split down the length into two energy sections. The right coil was spinning clockwise and the left coil counter clockwise. Energy would flow up through the center and then spiral around the outsides and back in again.

Excited to see what you guys make of these experiences. I would appreciate any advice on my progress!
321  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Tactile Imagination, Energy Sensations and Rainbow Tower Method on: June 09, 2015, 02:38:55
Hey guys,

This is my first post and I would like to share some of the experiences I have had over the past 6 months while attempting astral projection. I haven't had a complete astral experience yet, but the things I have felt while meditating vary greatly and are a little bizarre so I am quite interested to hear your thoughts and insights on these events.

Tactile Imagination: This is when your waking imagination seemingly interacts with you physically. It usually happens when the imagination is allowed to run wild after some relaxation.

The first time I experienced this I was imagining a folder to keep documents inside. Subconsciously I decided I wanted to handle the object. When I realized what was happening I was flipping the item around in my hands and it felt physical to touch, however, my real hands were in a different position under the blankets at this time. Upon realizing this I was shocked back to awareness.

In another instance my mind was running free and I saw a Giant with a cricket bat. He he hit me as I was laying in bed, with a type of golf swing, where I was the ball. I felt like I was flying at roller coaster speeds, parallel to the ground. Once again the experience proved too shocking to relax through.

Energy Sensation: Throughout most of my experiences I have been feeling an energy sensation which gets stronger the closer to sleep paralysis I become. I suspect they might be vibrations, however, I am also slightly doubtful of this because I also feel them when I am awake and I seem to be able to induce them at will.

It began on a particular night where I was laying on my side attempting to astral project. I didn't think I was very deep, most sleep paralysis symptoms hadn't kicked in yet and I was lucid but empty of mind. Suddenly I felt a physical jab in my lower spine. It was as if someone had taken two fingers and hit me forcefully. Instantaneously my entire body was flooded with an energy and vibration at a magnitude I had never felt before. It differed from vibrations I had felt in the past in that the sensation had extended beyond the shape of my physical body. I actually felt as if my entire body was an ethereal cloud, but in a reasonably uniform cylinder of perhaps 1 meter radius. The experience was shocking and even though I tried to relax into it, the sensation slowly waned as I became too engaged mentally.

These sensations are getting stronger and stronger in my body and they seem to intensify if I focus in the region of the 3rd eye. It hit a new frontier last night and I will elaborate on that soon.

Phasing Theories:

I am currently trailing two different separation methods, based on two approaches which Frank Kepple described. I believe that keeping the mind away from thoughts of the physical body is key. The first way, Frank describes, as noticing or passive engagement; I interpret this as, avoid thinking about your body by engaging in the activity of noticing. The alternative method is to engage your mind completely in imagination so it is too occupied for thoughts of the physical body.

I personally struggle with passive engagement. A combination of a nose injury and allergies result in me having inflamed sinus cavities a lot of the time. It can get to the point where it isn't comfortable to breath through my nose. This is a problem because breathing through my mouth causes it to dry out and the irritation is prohibitive to relaxation. Ultimately my body's various nags make it difficult to notice without my thoughts returning to my body.

I see the imagination method as turning up the volume knob on your mental engagement and phasing your consciousness away from the physical world. It is also a decent use of time for improving memory and imagination if you are a person that has spent many hours trying to astral project unsuccessfully.

Rainbow Tower Method:

The concept is to create a sequence of imagination which can engage your mind for long enough to forget your physical body. I created the prototype for this sequence by combining some elements of the description Frank Kepple gave of his experience with Monroe's CDs and another method I happened upon which involves visualizing colored objects in the order of the rainbow. There is something to the rainbow method; at first I was skeptical of the significance of the colors and imagined the key was in the familiarity sequence. After violet, you are supposed to imagine glorious white light. Each color I went through, an intense anticipation built up. When I reached the white light phase, I was feeling the strongest exit symptoms I have experienced. I felt like I was falling backwards down into an abyss, but there was something more than just the physical sensation. There was also a profound sense of the unknown. Regrettably, the experience was quite frightening and I unwillingly succumbed to fear, which halted the experience.

I would be interested to hear if anyone thinks there is a special interaction between the mind and these colors or whether it is just the concept of a countdown that creates a powerful positive frame of mind. In either case, I combine both techniques in the Rainbow Tower; it doesn't have to be a tower, choose something important to you. The idea is that you walk up a tower, room by room. The rooms are colored in the rainbow order and filled with objects of that same color. If you like you can imagine that the tower exists in your body and each floor corresponds to the chakra of the area. The colors you imagine will also match to stimulate each chakra. I chose to categorize the objects in my rooms chronologically by my life experience, selecting the ideas, items and people most important at that time for each room. I found the exercise of remembering the things that mattered on each floor to be very engaging and stimulating.

--Splitting due to post limit--
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]