The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 23, 2018, 18:34:43

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
301  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Need some help on: December 10, 2015, 22:50:00
1) Sure, when you are in the lucid dream you are already in the astral territory. There is a scale to the experience that seems to be mostly related to your awareness level. I don't know if the astral body objectively exists, it seems like it could just be a figment of how you expect the experience to go.

I have attempted to astral project from a dream before more than once. Interestingly on some of these occasions I was not aware that I was already asleep and dreaming. When I tried to astral project I saw rapid flashes of images and scenes for a second and then I was standing in outer space - I woke up shortly afterwards.

I have never had another astral experience that involved these flashing images, but I know that other people do. I think I just saw them because it was what my subconscious mind expected to see.

2) I think the ability to move is easier the deeper you are immersed in the scenario. When I am in a solid dream I have no trouble moving. I only struggle when I am on the borderline of waking up. Try cementing your experience first - spinning in a circle is the best thing I have found for maintaining the experience.

3) I don't feel vibrations much any more either. I think they are a symptom of being "in between" realities. Early on you lurk there because your mind's ability to change is slow and steady. Once you become more comfortable and drop all the fear and reservation you tend to slip straight into another reality with barely anything in between.
302  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Awful Astral Expiriences, help? on: December 10, 2015, 22:38:31
Who does acutally that tests ? - Your mind , spirit guards or?

I believe the test comes from yourself. You create it when you set your goals as one thing, but you are not mentally prepared to do it. For example your goal might be simply to Astral Project, but there isn't much you can do to rationalize away the fear the first time you experience the abyss. Perhaps your goals are to fly in the astral, but you haven't learned to control basic walking yet. This establishes a test because there are perquisites to achieving your goal.
303  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Mental stability at the crossover on: December 10, 2015, 11:13:27
To answer your question Thaomas, Yes it is possible to achieve an acute focus without destroying the experience; in fact, your focus and analytical ability, as well as the environment visited can become Reality+, or Supra-Real. Telepathy, clairvoyance, accelerated thinking/processing, and other aspects I can't yet find words for. In experiences such as these, my mindset is sometimes stronger than Physical in certain ways (and sometimes weaker in other ways) and yet there is no concern with somehow aborting the experiences.

Again, I will stress that you have made successful transitions; now, part of your challenge may be to alter part of your thinking and pay attention to the new environments you find yourself within and what they may have to teach you.

I like the way you analyze your experiences.

EV

That is brilliant; I am eager to experience the "unshackling" of the mind in Reality+, it is a large part of the reason AP excites me. I realized in my afternoon session today that I am being too controlling. Even the notion of the kind of experience I want to have being on my mind is blocking the experiences I could have. When I switched off my desire and truly went into a passive mode I saw more vibrant electo lights than usual and I did have a number of short phases.

This is encouraging, thanks for the advice.

"Balance", this is the prefect word for those that wish to delve deeper into conscious projection.

You ask why it is that when you become aware that your session or experience just ends, especially via a Lucid Dream. Well, what happens when you become aware? You think of this reality, but also of your "physical self" Your physical self is also your physical body. So, in a way, you have returned your focus back to this reality, instead of staying engaged in the other.

I have had this problem as well and yes it led to blocks. I needed to learn how to "stay" in the moment. Anchoring worked, but only so much. What really worked was to completely "immerse" myself in the scenario or plot at hand. I knew I was Dreaming, there were DTs (Dream Triggers) all over my experiences. But I mentally noted them without destroying my focus on the scene at hand. Hence the word "balance" is appropriate. That's why I always say there is plenty of time to question it afterwards.

Now looking at this from a conscious Phase session, balance is still needed. Yes you have a intended destination or target let's say. But you can still immerse yourself in the act. Example you find yourself on a Island. Go explore what you can find. Hey there's a cave. What's in it? Go explore. I'm not going to question whether it's real or not, meaning, I'm not engaging a "analytical mind". My mindset then is "curiosity". Curiosity alone is enough to totally immerse and engage you further into a scene.

This also stops "flitting around", which is another problem people have. They finally project and find themselves all over the place. I did that as well until finally a Guide (my deceased Brother inlaw) just appeared and told me to calm down and just observe. He then became a regular in many of my experiences and taught me many different "skills" I would need to "navigate", understand and gain some form of control over my experiences. Then one day, he wasn't there anymore. I wish he had showed up again because I wanted to show respect and thank him. But I guess he moved on to his next challenge.

Balance comes with practice. You don't need that kind of balance to just experience the Astral. That can be done with a simple shift of focus, like that created by the "Candle Burning" technique. Balance is needed when you wish to "stay" there for a period of time.

You are right. After reading this post I understand that somehow my acute focus is defaulting to this reality instead of defaulting to the other reality. In William Buhlman's book he says that you want to maintain an attitude of 100% emotional and mental embracement of any and all new non physical phenomenon. This borders on trying too hard for me in practice, it does lack the balance.

I have managed to cement myself in realities by physical means briefly, but you are correct, I tend to panic when I become aware. I think it is because I understand how easy it is to mess up.

Calm down and observe is the mindset I need to establish. I will put my intent on this. I would love to pick up some tips from a guide of my own. Typing this just now I remembered that I did get advice from a character in a dream this morning, but I didn't recognize them. Thanks guys, I think everyone can learn a lot from these posts!

304  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Mental stability at the crossover on: December 10, 2015, 05:49:14
Thanks guys, I figured this would probably come down to becoming familiar with the art of passive observation. I have been trying to do it but I don't think I have gotten the hang of it yet.

I am curious though, what is it about the analytical mind that causes these experiences to abort. I have learned first hand that thinking of the body will end the experience, but it almost seems as if the mere realization that another reality is being experienced is enough to destroy it.

Sometimes I am guilty of thinking too much when I realize I am in a lucid dream. With the mini dreams I get from phasing it feels like I have only just become aware and before I even have a chance to think it is over.

If I had to guess I would venture that it is related to brain waves somehow, that acute focus of the mind might alter them in some incompatible way during the transition period. I know that people who are lucid dreaming do experience brain waves typical of the waking state while they sleep.

Is it never possible to achieve the acute focus without destroying the experience or is this something that only needs to be tackled during the delicate transition?
305  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Mental stability at the crossover on: December 09, 2015, 22:51:34
Hey guys,

I have been having some promising results with my projection attempts this past week. I have been making my attempts during the 5 to 10 minute meditation period after the rounds of Wim Hof breathing. You can get quite deep fairly quickly this way.

It usually happens in one of two ways - I almost always get hit by this way first; I briefly lose track of my thoughts and find myself in a barely resolved dream. For example I might find myself having a conversation with my partner, or on another occasion I felt her tapping my knee. At this point I realize that she isn't actually home and I must have started dreaming.

After this first jolt I know I am deep enough to cross over so I will sometimes play with some scenario visualization. The crux point comes suddenly; where I start to feel the physical state of the subject I am imagining, usually with a rapid acceleration.

The trouble is that without fail as soon as I recognise that something has happened the experience ends abruptly. Is there anything I can do differently to try and get deeper into these experiences without them aborting?
306  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Is it possible..... on: December 09, 2015, 22:33:46
Although recently when I was in this meditative state I recall drifting off into a dream state only to become consciously aware for a brief moment I was dreaming, and then my head started buzzing and it felt like I was "high", not exactly what smoking marijuana feels like but it felt somewhat similar, and trust me there was none of that in my system at the time or for awhile.

It is pretty common to feel high when you get into the deep meditation. There are two parts to it; a kind of a body stone effect which seems to be mostly a result of the onset of sleep paralysis.

I also find there is a mental portion, although, this state is far more pronounced for me on waking. If you can manage to not move around too much and sink back into sleep there is a very tangible feeling of being on the borderline of consciousness.

It is really difficult to describe that feeling but it is very similar to Marijuana. There have been a few occasions where I have actually just vaporized some Marijuana and it induces that borderline state. With a subtle application of the mind on the energy body (I can't really describe or understand how I do this yet) I have induced a rapid procession of mental and physical euphoria so intense that I felt like I had to stop.

I have come to think that this intense feeling is a sense of resistance caused by the juxtaposition of being in a "wide awake" state body wise but producing a rapid shift of mental focus. I can induce it in my chair right now but I have never been able to push it far enough to fully cross over.
307  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Aren't you dead? on: December 09, 2015, 01:05:48
Thanks for feedback but like after i die do i automatcly get reincanated or i have time to just walk arrouned see other beings/souls/friends and stuf flike that ? or can i go to other planets : P i know these question can sound stupid but i have to start from somewhere and can i just recall at least a little part of my memorie i mean i know i can but any methods i have read bunch of them don't want to overload my head the reason i ask here and not investiage by my self ( ofcours i do but not so much ) is my school tests and stuff how much i mustn't look at this i have to do them Cheesy

Most of these mechanics are heresay, but the rumor is that you do choose to reincarnate and that you can spend a long time chilling out in other realities if you wish.

As for recalling past memories you have two options - from within the astral realm it may be more easily possible to access memories as you aren't limited by your human brain in that state.

The other way that is commonly used in this reality is to use hypnosis. It is basically the same approach but a different state of awareness. The only thing you have to watch out for is that the results of hypnosis are under a lot of scrutiny. Some suggest it is possible for consciousness to fabricate a memory as you "recall" it and thus many memories obtained from hypnosis are unreliable.

Others suggest that dreams can be a window into a past life. I have seen no evidence to suggest that my dream realities really existed as lives, but how could one verify such a thing. We can't lock down a good definition for what a life is or when it must have occurred in the context of infinite timeless experience.
308  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Universal Laws [Actions Karma e.t.c] on: December 08, 2015, 22:46:17
The idea of a universal "good" and "evil" is quite dogmatic. Like you pointed out, there are many ambiguous situations and what people believe  is good changes over time.

Karma doesn't care about good or evil in my mind. It is a simple principle of experience - if you accept that reality is infinite for you then you will inevitably experience both perspectives of any and all interactions of consciousness. If you do "bad" things to another person, you are that person so bad things will get you in that experience.

I don't believe that there is some mystical force that does the maths behind the scenes to contrive new and imaginative ways to balance the scales on people.
309  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Aren't you dead? on: December 08, 2015, 22:36:47
Think about this Positive3, if your memory of past lives was not erased upon each new incarnation, you would not be having the same experience you are right now. Sometimes when you play a video game it is nice to resume from a save point, other times a new game is more fun. Have you ever wished you could forget that you have seen your favourite movie and watch it again from fresh eyes?

These life experiences are just one drop in an infinite pool of experience. You will have lives where you remember everything and those where you remember nothing. You are in control of your reality; if gaining your past memories is what you truly want in your deepest heart then you will remember, but every experience has a cost - you can't have a fresh run at life and also remember being there before.
310  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE Experience? [Need Help] on: December 08, 2015, 13:31:55
It was an audio hallucination resulting from your consciousness experiencing non physical input. It could have been your subconscious or a communication. It is pretty common. I have heard voices, chimes and bangs.
311  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Best way to project? on: December 08, 2015, 06:08:00
I haven't done it with a video myself but I am fairly confident that other people on this forum have. There may be some limiting factors, depth perception and relative brightness.

One of the ideas is to leave an imprint of the candle light in your vision so you have something tangible to focus on after you close your eyes. Artificial light is less likely to make an impact.

There is also a change in perception that occurs where the candle light becomes magnified in your field of vision. This effect might be negated somewhat when looking at a flat panel of consistent distance.
312  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: phasing, images, noises on: December 05, 2015, 23:38:55
I can relate to the disinterest in dream logging from my starting days. A lot of the lucid dreams I have are not particularly interesting on the cosmic scale so it is tempting to let them go. When you do start taking notice of the content of the dreams you will realize that there are things to learn from them.

I have been told not to think of the dreams as lessons per se, but rather that they are memories of a kind, designed to remind you of a particular experience that is relevant to you now. However you cut it, there is growth to be had, but beyond that the logging of the dreams has a more relevant long term benefit to achieving those cosmic scale experiences you are probably seeking.

Your ability to become aware and lucid in dreams does seem to be intrinsically related to your ability to recall the dreams. Basically there is no substitute for practical experience in other realities. You can tell yourself the theory all day and try to implant ideas through affirmations but ultimately in my experience the most progress is made from simply being there more often.

If you cannot remember being there you probably won't advance as quickly as you could. The logging is mainly about training yourself to deeply remember the experiences you have. If you don't actually write down what happened you still need to make sure you properly scrub your memory each morning before you start moving around.

I find that even after a good memory scrub something that was clear in the morning can still be completely forgotten by the afternoon so I write down what happened most of the time anyway - though not necessarily right away.
313  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: breaking feedback loop on: December 05, 2015, 23:28:02
I have a similar problem - due to my nose being broken when I was 18 and not repaired well I find it difficult to breathe through my nose. The natural state of my sleeping breath is through the mouth. I can confirm this because every morning when I wake up my mouth is dry as a sand pit.

When I try to let my body take its course I find that my mouth dries out quickly and once this happens all the subsequent breaths create a very distracting and unpleasant sensation inside my mouth.

Some people suggest that you should just remain still and try to power through these distractions but I am not convinced that approach is the best way. Once the distraction has taken root in your mind it is better to just eliminate it by doing whatever you have to do.

For me this means wetting my mouth every now and again. It is a pain, but if you are lucky and you don't dwell on it you may be able to get deep enough in between the distractions to cross over mentally. Swallowing is still one that gets me too, just do whatever it takes to defeat the distraction without a fuss and try to move on.
314  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Best way to project? on: December 05, 2015, 23:19:04
None of the methods of projecting I am aware of are very reliable in a vacuum. The problem is that the limiting factor isn't the method, it is the user.

If I had to pick an approach that is most likely to yield results I would go with the candle staring method. It is somewhat manual and even if you aren't fully able to project you will experience alterations in your state of consciousness within minutes. Make sure that you look at the candle for long enough, in the past I have felt like my body is telling me it is time to stop as my eyes get tired and I wasn't quite deep enough.

In general the biggest challenge you are likely to face is with subduing the movement of your eyes. I find that it is mandatory for the eyes to remain stationary to approach the body asleep state.
315  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Theory for understanding phasing scientifically on: December 01, 2015, 22:53:12
This turned into a great thread. I have seen the Rogan interview, that is how I got onto Wim Hof originally. The full course is quite good so far, albeit very expensive. There is another brilliant interview from last week which discusses the possibilities of Atlantean civilization and its impact on other ancient cultures with fairly solid evidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDejwCGdUV8

But these images seemed to come from something other than my optic field. I knew this because I began cycling between looking through my closed eyes, which hurt and looking through my 3rd eye, upper eye, mind's eye which didn't cause any discomfort.

I got so good with this over the last year that I could produce 2 screens at the same time. Even though TN is a nuisance and I have to wear special glasses all the time to counter it's effects and take pills to calm it, I still see it as a blessing in disguise. It has taught me so much!

This is interesting - can you describe the second screen in more detail? Where does it exist? I have experienced the regular, in front of your eyes screen with both physical and seemingly non physical input such as clouds of green and purple.

Then there is the mysterious viewport that doesn't seem to have any spacial correlation. Inside this I usually see resolved images and sometimes short lived dreams.

I have realized that focusing on vision seems to activate my physical eyes more than I would like. To avoid this I put myself into a mental zone where I am ignoring the screen behind my eyes. In this mode I don't really see anything, you are somewhat unaware of even the backs of your eyes. From this point the non-spacial viewport can emerge suddenly.

I don't know how all of this ties in with focus on the 3rd eye. The instructions for doing so seem to vary from instructor to instructor, I feel like I am not doing it correctly.

i reccomend starting at page 144  the art of concentration and the 4 lessons afterwards it will give you a complete understanding on how to reach perfect one pointed concentration at will

The book seems really good so far, a mechanical method to removing sense input as a distraction is something I have been searching for. I haven't made it to the detail on how it all works yet but I hope it works for me!
316  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Theory for understanding phasing scientifically on: November 30, 2015, 23:24:01
I have been doing the Wim Hof method for 3 weeks now. The latest video class has revealed some things that I thought could be very relevant to OBE. The premise is that blood in your body goes wherever your focus is. This has been proven in labs in Holland. The majority of the time the blood in our brain is focused on the cognitive thinking areas, but it is possible to slow this down and move blood to other areas for interesting results.

One of the exercises of the Wim Hof method involves something similar to kundalini yoga. By increasing oxidation in the body and placing focus the pineal gland becomes more active and allows you to see an interpretation of electromagnetism. This is commonly referred to as chakra lights but it also seems similar to the kinds of things you see while attempting to phase.

Perhaps a part of the mechanism that makes phasing work is focus physically activating the pineal gland, it explains the strange visuals and I believe that DMT release from this gland has also been connected to dreaming and OBE.

I put the question out there, are the visuals we see the result of the regular optic signal, the 3rd eye or the minds eye, is there a difference?

Perhaps full body oxidation can be a useful tool to enable easier phasing episodes. I will pursue this idea and let you know.
317  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Someone Passing Through on: November 30, 2015, 22:51:38
What you are describing sounds like an "orb". I have never seen one myself but they are a pretty common spirit phenomenon. A friend of mine believes he sees them with the naked eye often. You also see them caught on camera sometimes, although it is heavily debated what the photos are really showing.

If these things are real my guess is that what you are seeing is probably some type of extra dimensional input that your consciousness is able to perceive. It would be interesting if a second party also saw this thing, I suspect that not just anyone would have seen it even if they were looking.

I drink Mugwort before bed to stimulate dream lucidity and recall but it has never given me waking hallucination. Prior to joining this site I did once witness a vibrant blue spark appear from nothing in my kitchen. That is the limit of my visual experience and the supernatural.
318  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: please tell of your mantra projection technique experiences on: November 29, 2015, 04:39:40
I am referring to people who have specifically used a mantra throughout their day or days even to project from a lucid dream or maybe to induce vibrations.

How long did you use the mantra and what was it and how well did it work to project from a lucid dream or to cause vibrations etc.

I normally do some before I go to sleep. I will say things like "I become aware in my dreams" and imagine it happening. Think about the experience you want. I also drink dream tea some nights and this affords some extra time to get an idea onto the forefront of your mind. The results are hit and miss. I don't do it for long but I do try to feel it deeply.

For instant results you may want something more powerful than affirmations. Intense feelings of happiness and love that stirs a strong and deep emotional response can put the body into a high energy state where vibrations are stronger.
319  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Truth About Karma on: November 26, 2015, 05:00:40
In NO WAY it means that if you "yell at your friend" others will yell at you. It's just that if you are hostile in your mind for exemple, you will live in hostility. Nothing to do with past lifes, nor "punishment" system as you understood it. Its just a CAUSE/EFFECT thing. I can tell this Because I study metaphysics since I'm 15. I will have my own book published (in french) in 2017 about this kind of subjects....
Think about this: Can you imagine ALL your past lives with all your mistakes, "sins", all the weight on your shoulders... Can you imagine if you had to "pay" for countless past lives and 'sins" seriously!? lol? That would be so evil, the greates "sadomasochistic" universal law ever!

If you subscribe to the notion that the universe and the experience of consciousness within is truly infinite then it DOES mean that yelling at someone else means someone yells at you. Infinity guarantees that you will live the life of both the person doing and receiving the yelling.

I think Karma works both figuratively in the way you describe but it also has to work literally if infinity is a real thing. The turn around is just potentially a really long time.
320  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Beliefs on: November 17, 2015, 10:00:48
I view perception of this reality as consciousness interacting with a "quantum soup". There isn't much solid evidence to support it, but it does explain some of the unusual behavior of sub atomic physics. Some people believe it is possible to manifest your own reality - I have never heard an account of someone actually doing it.

The trouble is that theoretically the manifestations will only come in a way your mind's conditioning will accept; this is very inconvenient because it means that you will never be able to change your reality in a way you don't believe to be possible. Thus everything that happens is something you already believed to be possible and what is special about that?

A concrete example of this - I put my intent on advancing my career position. A month or two later I receive a promotion. Was that reality manifested, or was it just going to happen no matter what. Nothing unpredictable happened that led to this event. Looking back it always appears like cause and effect.
321  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Setback effects of body focus on: November 17, 2015, 09:43:30
Thaomas, I think you have identified a problem that 95% of the members/people that come to this Forum or AP in general have in common.

Many times you will hear, I got out, but it only lasted a few seconds or I shifted but only momentarily.

To stay longer, you need to "ground" yourself there. William's advise on stating out loud "this is a Dream" helps you to become aware. But that's only half the battle. You must then ground yourself to whatever "other realm/destination" you find yourself in. To ground yourself you have to let go of all of your "analytical" thinking and just "be" in that moment. Let go of time, just let go period.

Like you said, "a full blown astral projection can be halted by a single thought of the body". But it's not halted by thinking of your current "other realm" body. Pick something up, try to touch something. What do you hear, what do you smell?. You need to engage yourself completely in your new environment.

The grounding of the experience is the next logical step. My plan is to cement the environment by rubbing my hands on the ground. Only trouble is that I always forget to do this part. Last time I became aware I probably had the capacity to remember, but it was bad luck because I happened to be standing about 20m in the air when I realized. This is happening to me more and more actually, I find myself not flying but walking on planes in the air so to speak. I'll affirmation myself to death on the grounding point before sleep tonight.

From a LD it's easy because all you need to do is become aware, then just stay where you are and enjoy the adventure. The problem comes when you try to change things and then your "analytical" mind takes over, next you find yourself back here in this physical realm again and awake.

It takes a lot of practice to be able to prolong the "other realm" adventures. But it can be done. That's why I created techniques like "the Doorway" and why I enjoy exercises that have me doing simple things with my "etheric body". It helps me get so used to that conscious state or state of consciousness so much that it becomes second nature to me.
Hah, I think myself and many others have been running under the illusion (delusional hope perhaps) that once you get onto the "other side" that the world is our oyster. I am still hungry for a decent experience. I will have to rely on training the state in my dreams since that is quite reliable for me -  I usually cruise around for several hours in elaborate lucid dreams that are on the pinnacle of full awareness.

During a conscious Phase session I will begin and yes, I feel the onset of "sign posts". But the deeper I get involved with my exercises the less I sense or should I say I "think" about my physical body at all. I am completely in the moment. That's what I mean when I say you need to be "all in". Sure I have many times where I am interrupted by something. It could be a sneeze, cough, itch or even an external sound coming from my immediate area here. But if I wish, I can return to back to my NP focus again. Other times I might have a hard time getting into the flow of things and when this happens I just abort it for the day. No harm no foul. The astral will still be there tomorrow.
I think one of the difficulties is that initially the mental experience is quite vague so it is easy to lose it. I think I actually get bored with the scenarios too easily as well. I think it might be necessary or at least conducive to the process to pick a topic that is engaging on a passionate level to the individual. 

I will tell you though, when I was new, it was 1 step forward 2 steps back. Sometimes even 3 or 4 steps back, lol. Next hurdle I had was all the "flitting/jumping" around. Then I was told to just passively observe everything with an air of curiosity. Actually, that's almost word for word for what my "guide/higher self" had said. After that it became easier to do.

So yes I would get to 3 on your scale and the next thing I knew I was back at 1 or even 0 again. A week later it got better and I might go from 5, then find myself back down at 2. It got frustrating. It was like walking a "tightrope"! The funny thing is though, my first conscious AP that I had while using a simple candle string technique got me all the way to 10 and out. I actually had more problems with conscious projection the more I learned about it.

This is where my earlier Journaling really helped. When I found myself "blocked" for a couple of months in a row, I would go back to what had got me results in the first place. I read books and listened to videos on the subject, as I do today, but I use/d the new info to hone my own techniques and I still fine tune them even more today. In the end, who knows you better than you!  wink

I definitely experience the set backs in progress. It is probably due to a bag full of approaches and no solid direction. I am keen to try the candle method again. I had some interesting experiences with visual distortion the first time. I think the attempt was unsuccessful because I didn't look at the candle for long enough - my eyes kept wanting to close after 5 minutes so I just let it be.
322  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Setback effects of body focus on: November 16, 2015, 10:24:02
After picking up a hint here I got into William Buhlman's book. I recommend it, even after reading most of the other books available on the subject it had some new lessons to offer.

I often become "aware" in my lucid dreams, but converting this in conscious control is another matter. Buhlman suggests stating out loud "this is a dream". It worked for me and I briefly gained high awareness. After a few moments I vaguely thought of my body and that was the end of the experience.

If a full blown astral projection can be instantly halted by a single thought of the body, what are the implications while attempting to project consciously?

I have always thought that it is possible to "bank" progress in the meditation process the further you go, however, thinking of my body is a magnet I haven't been able to resist for long. To some extent thoughts of the body have become an automatic response to any stimuli I experience.

As a thought experiment if one was to measure progress to transition on a scale of 1 to 10, what is the true effect of thinking of the body? It feels as if body focus can reset levels back to a 1 instantly, yet non-body focus achieving anything is regrettably far from instant. I feel like at times I linger around the 8 or 9 mark, failing 5 or more transitions in a span of a minute or two.
323  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Practicing but not getting too far on: November 16, 2015, 10:06:48
I have heard the snoring sounds before. I was alone at the time so I couldn't be sure if it was me or not. It is probably a sign that you are close to transition.
324  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: LED Lights on: November 11, 2015, 06:12:10
All of my conscious projections have been very difficult if not impossible to control.

...every time I have had a conscious projection, I tend to have to follow my will-of-the-wisp, not what I planned to do in the physical.

Why does this happen? I am totally familiar with the lack of control in dream based projections because you are starting from a lower level of awareness. I thought that a conscious projection didn't suffer this problem because you are starting at waking awareness. I have only consciously projected once for less than 30 seconds. I didn't have control of the situation, but I did have control over my own mind and will, unlike some dreams.
325  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: LED Lights on: November 10, 2015, 22:59:06
I haven't experienced anything with lights before. It seems like it is most likely some kind of abstract interpretation of your fears. Sometimes, prior to making a full transition I will experience a vision. It is an interesting thing because when you are really aware of it you may notice that underlying emotion of your thought is only loosely related to what you see.

To find the truth of the scenario you may need to uncover that underlying emotion.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16