The Astral Pulse
News: Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 18, 2018, 01:23:52

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
301  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: breaking feedback loop on: December 05, 2015, 23:28:02
I have a similar problem - due to my nose being broken when I was 18 and not repaired well I find it difficult to breathe through my nose. The natural state of my sleeping breath is through the mouth. I can confirm this because every morning when I wake up my mouth is dry as a sand pit.

When I try to let my body take its course I find that my mouth dries out quickly and once this happens all the subsequent breaths create a very distracting and unpleasant sensation inside my mouth.

Some people suggest that you should just remain still and try to power through these distractions but I am not convinced that approach is the best way. Once the distraction has taken root in your mind it is better to just eliminate it by doing whatever you have to do.

For me this means wetting my mouth every now and again. It is a pain, but if you are lucky and you don't dwell on it you may be able to get deep enough in between the distractions to cross over mentally. Swallowing is still one that gets me too, just do whatever it takes to defeat the distraction without a fuss and try to move on.
302  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Best way to project? on: December 05, 2015, 23:19:04
None of the methods of projecting I am aware of are very reliable in a vacuum. The problem is that the limiting factor isn't the method, it is the user.

If I had to pick an approach that is most likely to yield results I would go with the candle staring method. It is somewhat manual and even if you aren't fully able to project you will experience alterations in your state of consciousness within minutes. Make sure that you look at the candle for long enough, in the past I have felt like my body is telling me it is time to stop as my eyes get tired and I wasn't quite deep enough.

In general the biggest challenge you are likely to face is with subduing the movement of your eyes. I find that it is mandatory for the eyes to remain stationary to approach the body asleep state.
303  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Theory for understanding phasing scientifically on: December 01, 2015, 22:53:12
This turned into a great thread. I have seen the Rogan interview, that is how I got onto Wim Hof originally. The full course is quite good so far, albeit very expensive. There is another brilliant interview from last week which discusses the possibilities of Atlantean civilization and its impact on other ancient cultures with fairly solid evidence.

But these images seemed to come from something other than my optic field. I knew this because I began cycling between looking through my closed eyes, which hurt and looking through my 3rd eye, upper eye, mind's eye which didn't cause any discomfort.

I got so good with this over the last year that I could produce 2 screens at the same time. Even though TN is a nuisance and I have to wear special glasses all the time to counter it's effects and take pills to calm it, I still see it as a blessing in disguise. It has taught me so much!

This is interesting - can you describe the second screen in more detail? Where does it exist? I have experienced the regular, in front of your eyes screen with both physical and seemingly non physical input such as clouds of green and purple.

Then there is the mysterious viewport that doesn't seem to have any spacial correlation. Inside this I usually see resolved images and sometimes short lived dreams.

I have realized that focusing on vision seems to activate my physical eyes more than I would like. To avoid this I put myself into a mental zone where I am ignoring the screen behind my eyes. In this mode I don't really see anything, you are somewhat unaware of even the backs of your eyes. From this point the non-spacial viewport can emerge suddenly.

I don't know how all of this ties in with focus on the 3rd eye. The instructions for doing so seem to vary from instructor to instructor, I feel like I am not doing it correctly.

i reccomend starting at page 144  the art of concentration and the 4 lessons afterwards it will give you a complete understanding on how to reach perfect one pointed concentration at will

The book seems really good so far, a mechanical method to removing sense input as a distraction is something I have been searching for. I haven't made it to the detail on how it all works yet but I hope it works for me!
304  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Theory for understanding phasing scientifically on: November 30, 2015, 23:24:01
I have been doing the Wim Hof method for 3 weeks now. The latest video class has revealed some things that I thought could be very relevant to OBE. The premise is that blood in your body goes wherever your focus is. This has been proven in labs in Holland. The majority of the time the blood in our brain is focused on the cognitive thinking areas, but it is possible to slow this down and move blood to other areas for interesting results.

One of the exercises of the Wim Hof method involves something similar to kundalini yoga. By increasing oxidation in the body and placing focus the pineal gland becomes more active and allows you to see an interpretation of electromagnetism. This is commonly referred to as chakra lights but it also seems similar to the kinds of things you see while attempting to phase.

Perhaps a part of the mechanism that makes phasing work is focus physically activating the pineal gland, it explains the strange visuals and I believe that DMT release from this gland has also been connected to dreaming and OBE.

I put the question out there, are the visuals we see the result of the regular optic signal, the 3rd eye or the minds eye, is there a difference?

Perhaps full body oxidation can be a useful tool to enable easier phasing episodes. I will pursue this idea and let you know.
305  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Someone Passing Through on: November 30, 2015, 22:51:38
What you are describing sounds like an "orb". I have never seen one myself but they are a pretty common spirit phenomenon. A friend of mine believes he sees them with the naked eye often. You also see them caught on camera sometimes, although it is heavily debated what the photos are really showing.

If these things are real my guess is that what you are seeing is probably some type of extra dimensional input that your consciousness is able to perceive. It would be interesting if a second party also saw this thing, I suspect that not just anyone would have seen it even if they were looking.

I drink Mugwort before bed to stimulate dream lucidity and recall but it has never given me waking hallucination. Prior to joining this site I did once witness a vibrant blue spark appear from nothing in my kitchen. That is the limit of my visual experience and the supernatural.
306  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: please tell of your mantra projection technique experiences on: November 29, 2015, 04:39:40
I am referring to people who have specifically used a mantra throughout their day or days even to project from a lucid dream or maybe to induce vibrations.

How long did you use the mantra and what was it and how well did it work to project from a lucid dream or to cause vibrations etc.

I normally do some before I go to sleep. I will say things like "I become aware in my dreams" and imagine it happening. Think about the experience you want. I also drink dream tea some nights and this affords some extra time to get an idea onto the forefront of your mind. The results are hit and miss. I don't do it for long but I do try to feel it deeply.

For instant results you may want something more powerful than affirmations. Intense feelings of happiness and love that stirs a strong and deep emotional response can put the body into a high energy state where vibrations are stronger.
307  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Truth About Karma on: November 26, 2015, 05:00:40
In NO WAY it means that if you "yell at your friend" others will yell at you. It's just that if you are hostile in your mind for exemple, you will live in hostility. Nothing to do with past lifes, nor "punishment" system as you understood it. Its just a CAUSE/EFFECT thing. I can tell this Because I study metaphysics since I'm 15. I will have my own book published (in french) in 2017 about this kind of subjects....
Think about this: Can you imagine ALL your past lives with all your mistakes, "sins", all the weight on your shoulders... Can you imagine if you had to "pay" for countless past lives and 'sins" seriously!? lol? That would be so evil, the greates "sadomasochistic" universal law ever!

If you subscribe to the notion that the universe and the experience of consciousness within is truly infinite then it DOES mean that yelling at someone else means someone yells at you. Infinity guarantees that you will live the life of both the person doing and receiving the yelling.

I think Karma works both figuratively in the way you describe but it also has to work literally if infinity is a real thing. The turn around is just potentially a really long time.
308  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Beliefs on: November 17, 2015, 10:00:48
I view perception of this reality as consciousness interacting with a "quantum soup". There isn't much solid evidence to support it, but it does explain some of the unusual behavior of sub atomic physics. Some people believe it is possible to manifest your own reality - I have never heard an account of someone actually doing it.

The trouble is that theoretically the manifestations will only come in a way your mind's conditioning will accept; this is very inconvenient because it means that you will never be able to change your reality in a way you don't believe to be possible. Thus everything that happens is something you already believed to be possible and what is special about that?

A concrete example of this - I put my intent on advancing my career position. A month or two later I receive a promotion. Was that reality manifested, or was it just going to happen no matter what. Nothing unpredictable happened that led to this event. Looking back it always appears like cause and effect.
309  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Setback effects of body focus on: November 17, 2015, 09:43:30
Thaomas, I think you have identified a problem that 95% of the members/people that come to this Forum or AP in general have in common.

Many times you will hear, I got out, but it only lasted a few seconds or I shifted but only momentarily.

To stay longer, you need to "ground" yourself there. William's advise on stating out loud "this is a Dream" helps you to become aware. But that's only half the battle. You must then ground yourself to whatever "other realm/destination" you find yourself in. To ground yourself you have to let go of all of your "analytical" thinking and just "be" in that moment. Let go of time, just let go period.

Like you said, "a full blown astral projection can be halted by a single thought of the body". But it's not halted by thinking of your current "other realm" body. Pick something up, try to touch something. What do you hear, what do you smell?. You need to engage yourself completely in your new environment.

The grounding of the experience is the next logical step. My plan is to cement the environment by rubbing my hands on the ground. Only trouble is that I always forget to do this part. Last time I became aware I probably had the capacity to remember, but it was bad luck because I happened to be standing about 20m in the air when I realized. This is happening to me more and more actually, I find myself not flying but walking on planes in the air so to speak. I'll affirmation myself to death on the grounding point before sleep tonight.

From a LD it's easy because all you need to do is become aware, then just stay where you are and enjoy the adventure. The problem comes when you try to change things and then your "analytical" mind takes over, next you find yourself back here in this physical realm again and awake.

It takes a lot of practice to be able to prolong the "other realm" adventures. But it can be done. That's why I created techniques like "the Doorway" and why I enjoy exercises that have me doing simple things with my "etheric body". It helps me get so used to that conscious state or state of consciousness so much that it becomes second nature to me.
Hah, I think myself and many others have been running under the illusion (delusional hope perhaps) that once you get onto the "other side" that the world is our oyster. I am still hungry for a decent experience. I will have to rely on training the state in my dreams since that is quite reliable for me -  I usually cruise around for several hours in elaborate lucid dreams that are on the pinnacle of full awareness.

During a conscious Phase session I will begin and yes, I feel the onset of "sign posts". But the deeper I get involved with my exercises the less I sense or should I say I "think" about my physical body at all. I am completely in the moment. That's what I mean when I say you need to be "all in". Sure I have many times where I am interrupted by something. It could be a sneeze, cough, itch or even an external sound coming from my immediate area here. But if I wish, I can return to back to my NP focus again. Other times I might have a hard time getting into the flow of things and when this happens I just abort it for the day. No harm no foul. The astral will still be there tomorrow.
I think one of the difficulties is that initially the mental experience is quite vague so it is easy to lose it. I think I actually get bored with the scenarios too easily as well. I think it might be necessary or at least conducive to the process to pick a topic that is engaging on a passionate level to the individual. 

I will tell you though, when I was new, it was 1 step forward 2 steps back. Sometimes even 3 or 4 steps back, lol. Next hurdle I had was all the "flitting/jumping" around. Then I was told to just passively observe everything with an air of curiosity. Actually, that's almost word for word for what my "guide/higher self" had said. After that it became easier to do.

So yes I would get to 3 on your scale and the next thing I knew I was back at 1 or even 0 again. A week later it got better and I might go from 5, then find myself back down at 2. It got frustrating. It was like walking a "tightrope"! The funny thing is though, my first conscious AP that I had while using a simple candle string technique got me all the way to 10 and out. I actually had more problems with conscious projection the more I learned about it.

This is where my earlier Journaling really helped. When I found myself "blocked" for a couple of months in a row, I would go back to what had got me results in the first place. I read books and listened to videos on the subject, as I do today, but I use/d the new info to hone my own techniques and I still fine tune them even more today. In the end, who knows you better than you!  wink

I definitely experience the set backs in progress. It is probably due to a bag full of approaches and no solid direction. I am keen to try the candle method again. I had some interesting experiences with visual distortion the first time. I think the attempt was unsuccessful because I didn't look at the candle for long enough - my eyes kept wanting to close after 5 minutes so I just let it be.
310  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Setback effects of body focus on: November 16, 2015, 10:24:02
After picking up a hint here I got into William Buhlman's book. I recommend it, even after reading most of the other books available on the subject it had some new lessons to offer.

I often become "aware" in my lucid dreams, but converting this in conscious control is another matter. Buhlman suggests stating out loud "this is a dream". It worked for me and I briefly gained high awareness. After a few moments I vaguely thought of my body and that was the end of the experience.

If a full blown astral projection can be instantly halted by a single thought of the body, what are the implications while attempting to project consciously?

I have always thought that it is possible to "bank" progress in the meditation process the further you go, however, thinking of my body is a magnet I haven't been able to resist for long. To some extent thoughts of the body have become an automatic response to any stimuli I experience.

As a thought experiment if one was to measure progress to transition on a scale of 1 to 10, what is the true effect of thinking of the body? It feels as if body focus can reset levels back to a 1 instantly, yet non-body focus achieving anything is regrettably far from instant. I feel like at times I linger around the 8 or 9 mark, failing 5 or more transitions in a span of a minute or two.
311  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Practicing but not getting too far on: November 16, 2015, 10:06:48
I have heard the snoring sounds before. I was alone at the time so I couldn't be sure if it was me or not. It is probably a sign that you are close to transition.
312  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: LED Lights on: November 11, 2015, 06:12:10
All of my conscious projections have been very difficult if not impossible to control.

...every time I have had a conscious projection, I tend to have to follow my will-of-the-wisp, not what I planned to do in the physical.

Why does this happen? I am totally familiar with the lack of control in dream based projections because you are starting from a lower level of awareness. I thought that a conscious projection didn't suffer this problem because you are starting at waking awareness. I have only consciously projected once for less than 30 seconds. I didn't have control of the situation, but I did have control over my own mind and will, unlike some dreams.
313  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: LED Lights on: November 10, 2015, 22:59:06
I haven't experienced anything with lights before. It seems like it is most likely some kind of abstract interpretation of your fears. Sometimes, prior to making a full transition I will experience a vision. It is an interesting thing because when you are really aware of it you may notice that underlying emotion of your thought is only loosely related to what you see.

To find the truth of the scenario you may need to uncover that underlying emotion.
314  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What am I doing wrong? on: November 08, 2015, 03:07:01

Thank you all for your replies, they've most certainly helped them, but I must admit - I haven't tried to AP in a few good days.
Untill yesterday. So.. I closed my eyes, relaxed, at one point my eyes tried to open and I've let them be 'partially' opened and a few seconds later influenced  them to be closed. Later on I've definietly stopped caring for a good period of time - my brain started thinking about something that happened earlier on in the day and I didn't try to stop it. It started 'drawing', 'appearing' maybe in my eyes with the entire scene playing out. And, sadly - I started 'caring' and the image disappeared and I heard a really squeaky voice calling for me to 'follow'.
My heart and "body" gave up this weird feeling I used to feel back in the day when I was relaxing (that sort of feeling when I feel everything is 'bigger' than me, can't really put it in good words) aaaaaaaand.. my eyes opened. cry
So.. am I on the right track?

Sounds like you had the mini-dream. Your experience matches my findings in that doing nothing and letting go will quickly lead to a mini-dream when a strong train of thought emerges. The key is to somehow embrace and enter the mini-dream without "looking back". Looking back is a difficult habit to break; it is like telling someone not to think about elephants.
315  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Being harassed by an evil being on the Etheric plane (near physical) on: November 05, 2015, 08:15:14
What is it doing that bothers you? Do you see this entity?
316  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: A determined beginner's OBE *attempt* log (never had one before) on: November 03, 2015, 02:23:44
It has been a while since I have even been able to attempt to change my dreams, but every time in the past it would cause the dream to end like you say. It isn't always instant either, on a few occasions I have oscillated between the dream and being awake as I try to change things.

I feel like there should be a way around this - it is possible to change the scenario during a wake induced dream or astral projection, why not the dream induced version?

The just "knowing" I am dreaming part is familiar to me; it is strange because often the realization comes when I am faced with something I cannot deal with in this reality - like a fall from great heights - but I know it is fine.

The trouble is that the consciousness which experiences this stuff isn't really me as I am now. The me as I am, upon learning I am dreaming would stop and try to do astral stuff. The me in these lucid dreams is somehow incapable of even thinking about something else other than the task at hand. It is almost like there is a psychic barrier separating genuine thoughts from instinct.

317  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: A determined beginner's OBE *attempt* log (never had one before) on: November 02, 2015, 22:45:56
I may have to switch in future to Jurgen's approach of becoming lucid in a dream, then collapsing the dream narrative to enter a consensus environment. He makes it sound like a viable technique.

I have been on this task for several months now. Stopping the dream narrative is really challenging. Last night I was being chased by two people with guns when I came across a high fence. I knew it was too high to jump in real life, but that wouldn't be a problem for me because  I was dreaming. I jumped over but I ended up getting caught, I jumped off a building and woke up as I was landing.

At the time even though I knew I was dreaming I was not able to muster the incentive or awareness to leave the scenario. This has been my experience in a good 30 lucid dreams recently. Doing reality checks hasn't helped for me. The only advice I can offer is to get some dream tea. You will have a lot easier time remembering the dreams and will have a much more lucid engagement while in them.
318  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What am I doing wrong? on: November 02, 2015, 06:30:35
That mask does look like a superior design. The trouble with the mindfold is that the front is too rigid, making it only appropriate for laying your back. I have been fooled by seeing through the blindfold once before too. I will keep my eyes out for one like this.

@Blacklight - Recently I have been having the most success from just doing "nothing". Sometimes using particular methods gets you too engaged on the outcome to relax sufficiently.

319  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Dream Plants on: November 01, 2015, 22:55:39
Anyone have any experience with these? Some friends and I have obtained some "dream tea" containing Mugwort and Valerian. All of us have had a strong response from this. Last night I had one of the longest and most lucid dreams I have ever had and the ability to remember the experience was a lot stronger than usual.

These herbs, while relatively weak seem to be quite effective. Some stronger versions include Mexican Dream Herb and African Dream Root. Testimonials from these sound amazing; I am going to try and obtain some.
320  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Exit Symptoms/Signposts on: November 01, 2015, 22:44:17
I have had number 12 before. I am curious about another variant of this though - on several occasions when I have been trying to project I get the distinct feeling that there is some kind of presence near my head. Moreover I feel a relegated sensation as if someone is putting their hands on the pillow my head is on. It is usually quite shocking, of course every time I have sensed it and opened my eyes there was nothing there and no explanation for the feeling of something touching the pillow.
321  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What am I doing wrong? on: November 01, 2015, 22:38:19
I still have the same difficulty with automatic eye opening. I have given up on sleeping masks, they either do not have sufficient coverage or are so bulky as to become a new source of distraction.

I find the eye opening to be related to thinking about vision. As soon as I consider any imagery, my physical eyes start slowly drifting downwards and this unlocks the eye lids.

I am actually not so sure that eyes closed is the natural position for sleeping. My right eye in particular seems to open a tiny amount by default, it isn't much, but it is enough to let light through.

It is a really frustrating thing because it will constantly give you false positive symptoms. There have been multiple occasions where I believed I was successfully phasing only to find that my eye had opened a little and I was seeing some kind of blurry image.

The only thing that has remotely worked for me to mitigate this is to not think about vision at all, especially do not focus on anything you see behind your eyes as this can lead to the physical eyes becoming activated.
322  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Seeing the Spirit World /Third Eye Opening on: October 27, 2015, 01:00:35
This sounds pretty amazing; I would love to be able to perceive "behind the curtain" this way. My own spiritual progression has been far more subtle. I experience unusual co-incidences and a few occurrences of potential foresight. There is always the element of doubt that I am seeing patterns due to observation bias.

In terms of visuals I don't see aurae, but I have seen one thing I cannot explain. I was standing in front of a running tap in my house and suddenly a brilliant blue spark with a glowing aurae appeared out of no where somewhere near the tap. My first thought was that the water had caught on fire with a blue gas ignition, like I have seen on documentaries about fracking in the US. I had to dismiss this as a possibility because what I saw was blatantly a spark, there was no ignition source and there is no fracking in New Zealand anyway.

I have the headaches, pretty much non stop for the past 6 months at least. I am not sure I can tie the feeling to the center of the forehead. Something tells me the headache is due to pressure changes. I saw a documentary that examined the brain of a person who performed sungazing and it was found that their pineal gland had expanded to three or four times normal size.

Given the experiences you are having perhaps the headaches you are feeling are related to pressure from a physical change in your brain.
323  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Need help on: October 23, 2015, 06:47:46
In my experience these transition symptoms are largely irrelevant to the ultimate goal. You probably won't know when your body is ready - only when you are close; if you are thinking about whether you are ready, you aren't.

I start by using dissociation techniques to get my body into as deep of a relaxation as I can and then I just wait for something to happen with a blank mind for the most part. I know I am getting close when I experience a rapid falling sensation combined with a sudden wave of relaxation. This feeling is quite similar to what you might feel when you are overtired and start falling asleep while still upright.

It seems like you are still struggling with the relaxation phase and you might not be getting deep enough for your body to fall asleep. The easiest way to expose yourself to the vibrational feelings is to induce the onset of sleep paralysis by remaining perfectly still for about 10 minutes. I would be amazed if you felt nothing.

Another option is to try some breathing techniques to induce relaxation. I tried Step 1 of this process yesterday and felt all sorts of energy sensations after not much time at all.
324  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Made an advance on phasing on: October 20, 2015, 10:22:30
I was able to get some more understanding after a couple of events in my recent projection attempts. When in a reasonably deep relaxation, I let my mind go blank. Eventually I get snagged by an unrestrained train of thought. This is the kind of train that you might experience in normal life when you space out time. The difference between this and a normal train of thought is that it is accompanied by a hallucination.

It isn't a visual hallucination. The experience is more comparable to imagination, but far more vivid and with a very small viewport. On occasion if you are thinking about the right thing you might see yourself in this reality bubble. The weird part about that is that you can feel sense of touch in first person perspective while watching yourself in third. Sometimes I have even found my hands sort of reaching into this tiny dream.

I understand that this is probably what is meant by the scene taking a life of it's own, however, I do not experience this through driven imagination, it is necessary for the train of thought to be organic. The next step is to embrace these little dreams and immerse in them. Usually the moment I realize that it is happening it ends.

Once I was reaching into the scene and I grabbed a bunch of cards on a table. If one was to maximize their physical expose to the other reality it may provide enough of an anchor for a successful "physical" based phasing.
325  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Short "pulses" or vibrations in my head all day? on: October 14, 2015, 10:32:01
The energy sensations you describe remind me of what I wrote in a portion of my first post here:

Energy Sensation: Throughout most of my experiences I have been feeling an energy sensation which gets stronger the closer to sleep paralysis I become. I suspect they might be vibrations, however, I am also slightly doubtful of this because I also feel them when I am awake and I seem to be able to induce them at will.

It began on a particular night where I was laying on my side attempting to astral project. I didn't think I was very deep, most sleep paralysis symptoms hadn't kicked in yet and I was lucid but empty of mind. Suddenly I felt a physical jab in my lower spine. It was as if someone had taken two fingers and hit me forcefully. Instantaneously my entire body was flooded with an energy and vibration at a magnitude I had never felt before. It differed from vibrations I had felt in the past in that the sensation had extended beyond the shape of my physical body. I actually felt as if my entire body was an ethereal cloud, but in a reasonably uniform cylinder of perhaps 1 meter radius. The experience was shocking and even though I tried to relax into it, the sensation slowly waned as I became too engaged mentally.

These sensations are getting stronger and stronger in my body and they seem to intensify if I focus in the region of the 3rd eye."

I can elaborate on this to say that rolling your eyes back and attempting to move your etheric arms and legs will induce this. I think the feeling is a type of sensation "static" that is induced when you try to move your locus of sensation from physical to non-physical. If you get good enough at doing it the massive energy surge feeling that is induced can be close to enough to spontaneously transition.

Another related point of interest you can read about in the book "Vehram Etheral Array". There are a few posts about it on this forum. The basic idea is that there is an energy field with 6 nodal points around the body and that touching these with your etheric body can provide the energy required for a spontaneous projection. I can't figure out how to make this work for me yet.

I don't know whether much energy is really involved in this process or whether the feelings are just intense, but I also do Sungazing whenever I can. I can't rule out this as a contributor to the quality of energy sensation on the day.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16