The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 17, 2017, 08:11:26

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
301  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: am I the only one here who hasn't projected ? on: October 06, 2015, 23:39:47
I think almost everyone can remember a dream induced astral projection once in their lives. Projecting from a conscious state is a way tougher prospect. I have been at it for about 10 months and while I have had many dream induced projections, I have only had one conscious entry, and it was sketchy at best for reproducibility since it occurred accidentally.
302  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Looking in a mirror AP on: October 06, 2015, 23:33:36
I haven't had this personally but a friend of mine encountered this in his first astral projection. The reflection he saw was a bad version of himself, perhaps something that could have happened if his life continued for the worse. Perhaps this wolf reflection is a kind of metaphor.
303  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: can you smell things in the RTZ? on: October 06, 2015, 23:28:33
Guys like Frederick Aardema have put quite a lot of effort into experiments like these. Ultimately it was found that you can identify unknown items in the RTZ a lot of the time. He found that touch alone was the most accurate mechanism, rather than smell or sight, but sometimes the items would be malformed and not match anything.
304  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Experimenting with a new technique (2 minutes to transition) on: October 05, 2015, 23:48:20
I have a status update for the technique. Last night I was really feeling the energy while I was sitting on the couch watching TV. I decided to try and raise that energy and the results were remarkable.

The differences between this attempt and the original approach was just that I was sitting upright and I focused more on driving the phantom feeling from the bottom of my feet upwards. I think that being upright lends to our ability to dissociate, but it is tricky to complete the separation without something supporting your posture.

I welled up as much energy and phantom-ness as I could muster. Instantly I felt it take effect as my body sensations slipped away. I felt extremely light and almost dizzy. A powerful feeling of euphoria enveloped me and grew stronger. In the end I had to abort the transition because the intensity of the euphoria was unbearable and I wasn't prepared for it.

I made some subsequent attempts afterwards but it never seems to work as well after the first attempt. If the bodily sensations really are related to some type of energy I wonder whether or not making these attempts depletes your tanks in some way.

The good news is that this session was extremely short lived, lasting less than 30 seconds from start to finish. I am getting better at handling this energy, but it is very abstract and I can't really explain "how" to do it to people who have never felt these sensations before.
305  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I'm new to this and have some questions on: October 04, 2015, 03:54:58
Your questions revolve around what most people commonly refer to as the "Real Time Zone" (RTZ).  There are many opinions, mine is that the RTZ doesn't objectively exist and what you experience is a replica from your own subconscious mind and those of others as well.  
There is a lot of merit to this argument, but is it not also possible to find out things in the real time zone that no one knows? I know the results of experiments like this are shaky but some people have had limited success. Being able to explore through the memory of other conscious entities is pretty amazing and useful even if it isn't completely accurate.

Your experiences while projecting are EXACTLY the same to the kind of experience you're having right now at this very moment.  It's all very physical and very (I loath to use this term, but) "real".
How do you account for the stability of the experience in this reality? Consciousness cannot necessarily distinguish between realities so one can argue that nothing is physical, it is all just subconscious, this reality and the dream reality. But there is a problem with this view; when we wake up each morning it is to a consistent experience, unlike our dreams.

There is a vessel in this reality which can be destroyed with consequences and it is also responsible for providing the sensory input we perceive. In dreams there are no apparent consequences to destroying your vessel, if you even perceive one, and you are exposed to senses which are normally beyond our capability to perceive in this reality.

There is something that binds this reality into a persistent form, I believe this is the effect of consciousness in this dimension. It also accounts for how we are able to obtain new information from other entities that seem to objectively exist. Once again this differs from dream entities which collapse under interrogation.

Some people describe other realities that are not like dreams however. These other realities are described as being more persistent like this one, and are populated with beings which comparable objectivity to those in this reality. What is your opinion on the existence of these realities?

306  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Astral projection at school? on: October 04, 2015, 01:06:06
I don't think there is anything wrong with using AP for entertainment. Projection at will in the middle of a class room is no easy thing but I believe it is possible to achieve without meditating for hours.

I want to maximize the experiences I have like yourself. I believe our "purpose" is to experience. Having to spend hours meditating isnt conducive so you can join my quest for another way Smiley

Some athletes can achieve a non physical focus and astral project spontaneously through something called Flow State. I have already begun practicing this and it shows potential. The concept is to let your subconscious take over control of your actions and it is good training for AP.
307  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Is "Bob sanders" right? Is it that dangerous? on: October 02, 2015, 00:09:32
It is real.  Whatever you can experience is "real".  I had a dream last night that zombies took over the world... that was real, because it happened to me.  I experienced it directly.
We humans tend to say that something is "real" only when they compare it to this physical reality.  If it happened here, it's real.  If it didn't happen here, it's not real.  Well, that's because we think we're these physical bodies, which is a horrible misunderstanding.  Smiley

Anyway, I just thought I'd mention that.  hehe

While all of the experiences we have are "real", they are not the same. For example I can ski down a mountain at break neck speeds in an astral projection and feel no fear. I am sure the same experience in this reality would be much different. There is risk and many other factors to consider. It was a real experience, but not a genuine one by the standards of this reality.

I suppose the question of whether something was "real" in common terms boils down to whether the experience is comparable with this reality. Then of course you have experiences out of this reality which are "hyper real" and could seem more intense than anything this reality can dish out.
308  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: I started make progress again after watching Tom Campbell. Question about Void on: September 30, 2015, 23:45:24
i tried that long time ago but i get caught into " what should be next " and i start to think to much, instead  i added my self into tv serial. i did that few min ago result was i held focus longer then usually but at the end scenario continue without me being conscious but i realize that when i brought my awareness back ( its like you woke up from unconscious dream and then u know that some stuff happened ) i had this twice in ~40 min. i dont know why i stop being conscious at the end.
Any idea ?

Yes, the what comes next aspect can be a problem. I have been a bit of research on "Flow State" in relation to sports. The key to activating this state is to allow your subconscious to completely take over the action in question. I think this also fits when it comes to phasing exercises, you want to get to the point where it is driving itself, that is when you are totally immersed.

It is fairly easy to fall into that borderline sleep state and lose awareness. After enough attempts you will start to catch yourself when it happens. For me it is like the thought pattern changes into some vague rambling monologue and next thing you are gone for an indeterminate amount of time.

I am not certain what is going wrong when this happens. Perhaps it is necessary to maintain a more active and vivid awareness so you don't drift off into that ramble. I feel like if you are losing gaps of time, that those gaps are when you should be projecting if awareness was maintained. Any experts care to comment?
309  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: I started make progress again after watching Tom Campbell. Question about Void on: September 29, 2015, 23:53:42
Most of the time when you read about watching hypnagogic imaginary you see something like: watch shapes ,be passive ,then shapes become scenario and you being drawn into scenario. but why?
Tom Campbell said he is meditating then he is pure consciousness in black void and from that point he decide what he what to do healing remote viewing etc.
Why i have to be drown in to some random scene, i know now that this is illusion its pointless to appear on some random ship, its not pointless its unnecessary just like raising from body.

I know that some people know what void im talking about 
how you recognize that you are in that void ? i assume that i never been in void so how do i know when im there
I understand that im asking about something that is hard to put into words  but if someone will take time and try i will really appreciate this

Using visuals is just one method of changing your focus away from this reality. You are correct, it is not necessary and it can be counter productive for some people. I would still argue that using visuals can speed up the process; you want to be completely immersed in something that isn't related to this reality.

Getting to the state of the void from a pure meditation takes a long time in my experience. You will probably have little doubt about this state when it happens to you as it is somewhat distinct. You will find that the blackness has a mysterious 3d quality about it and the sensation is that you have lost all perception of this reality; you are only aware of being a consciousness in this space.

My attempts to project tend to skip all of these various focus states. I believe it is possible to go from 0 to 100 in no time at all if your focus is correct, not that I can do it yet.

I have recently been experimenting with more imagination run down based focuses. The difficulty I experience with these is distractions from this reality that pull your focus away from the run down. Some times I find it very difficult to return to run down, almost like there is some kind of mental strain involved and you get exhausted from driving the scenario.

A possible strategy to combat this is to use scenarios that are easily cemented in your mind so you always know what comes next. I don't know if this is an option for everyone but I have a good memory for TV shows that I like. Watching an episode in your mind seems to be a decent way to achieve a non physical focus. Anyone else have any experience with that kind of technique?
310  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Professional MMA Fighters use OBE in the ring on: September 25, 2015, 03:47:04
The impression I got from what he described is that his focus is allowing him to increase his peripheral view to the extent that it appears like he has a 3rd person perspective on the scene. I thought this was a common exercise for projection; I have seen it described in documentaries.

This would be quite advantageous since it would allow the fighter to react to things that normal eyes couldn't see. It reminds of the anecdote posted on here a while back where a person was doing this exact same thing to drive a car while in the out of body state.
311  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Professional MMA Fighters use OBE in the ring on: September 25, 2015, 00:58:20
In this interview Donald Cerrone describes what it is like to be "in the zone" as an out of body experience.

https://youtu.be/aqM4E6LxMCM?t=3981

Does anyone here have the ability to just go into an OBE state like this?
312  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Getting bored while waiting to project on: September 25, 2015, 00:44:46
I think it is important to invest your effort at the time that yields the best results. It can be exhausting to maintain a strong focus and it can get boring if you are focusing on the outcome and waiting for it to happen. I suspect that once you start this train of thought that the chances of transition go down.

Most of the time when I transition my mind is like a blank slate in that moment. There is actually some special quality about the state of mind at that moment; it would be nice to understand it and learn to emulate it.

My suggestion is to reverse the order in which you invest your effort. You are more likely to succeed the deeper your physical relaxation is and this will typically increase during your session. If you put all your energy into a non physical focus while your body is still not relaxed you will burn out, get bored and frustrated.

If you were able to invest the same amount of energy and vigour at the end of your session when relaxation is high perhaps it would be more successful. You would have a more positive attitude because you haven't just spent a long time struggling with no results and you will find the focus to be easier.
313  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: The Doorway on: September 25, 2015, 00:33:55
Here is a link to another type of focus. Very similar to the hand technique. I am going to experiment with integrating these ideas in some way.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/experimenting_with_a_new_technique_2_minutes_to_transition-t46112.0.html
314  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Experimenting with a new technique (2 minutes to transition) on: September 24, 2015, 12:26:29
I went to a mind, body and spirit festival on the weekend and had a chakra healing done. I have certainly felt stronger energy sensations now than ever before and something compelled me to use this for astral projection.

Here is the procedure: Roll your eyes into the back of your head so that you feel a stretch, not pain, and maintain it with your eyes closed. This is something I picked up from hypnosis videos but it also assists in generating the energy body feeling.

The next step is to try to harness your energy body. It is the same sensation that you get from trying to move your hand while keeping it perfectly relaxed, like a phantom hand, but everywhere in your body at the same time.

Take this energy body like you are investing all of your being and willpower and move it outside of your physical locus. Try not to endure physical tension, when you fully invest in the feeling it can creep up. I think it is possible to project even with a little bit of tension. The key is to maintain this feeling relentlessly for a couple of minutes or until you transition.

My first attempt with this technique was very successful, I went from laying down to sleep to transition symptoms in less than 2 minutes. I like to kick off the relaxation process by manually slowing my breathing down to something more resembling sleep, but there is a special quality about this technique where you just feel your physical body rapidly shutting down. Not only did my breathing slow automatically but the sensation of breathing even taking place quickly fades. Furthermore the tongue assumes that slack floating quality associated with sleep.

A few moments after I totally lost sensation of my breathing I was hit by a very high pitch loud ringing noise with sudden onset. It actually reminded me of how your ears sound after hearing a gunshot from too close. This was a clear transition symptom to me. Unfortunately about 2 seconds later I was interrupted by my partner, but this technique shows promise.

With this technique I do not focus on visuals at all; I think I have a stronger affinity for the tactile exit since all of my transitions have been of this nature so far.
315  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: How can I enter someones mindscape? on: September 24, 2015, 11:40:50
In my astral projections I commonly see people I know, mostly people I went to highschool with. I do wonder whether these projections are ever shared experiences for these people. Does dream sharing also happen at random? How do you tell the difference between an entity you are creating and one that is sharing your dream?
316  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Improving Dream Awareness on: September 24, 2015, 11:36:18
Thanks for the clarification, this answer resonates with me.

I am fascinated by the concept of extra reality experiences as a method of communication. I have read of the use of images and emotions but not something so complex as a quest. It makes sense as a most efficient mechanism of understanding. Is such an experience decipherable from a normal lucid dream?

It seems you are suggesting that some of the lesson based experiences we have in other realities could be messages from other beings. If this is the case I would have to wonder "why me?". One day when I meet a spirit guide I anticipate that the scientist in me will want to ask a pile of technical questions, haha.
317  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Improving Dream Awareness on: September 24, 2015, 00:52:34
I understand the importance of helping others for spiritual growth and positivity. I think we have been side tracked a little because I am trying to talk hypothetical or past tense here. I am not a negative person, nor am I out to hurt anyone. In the past I did feel a lot of anger and hatred towards to people that bullied myself and others; that was nearly 10 years ago.

The reason I have carried these events in my heart is not because I have a vendetta against these people. It is because I was faced with a situation wherein I felt like I needed to make a stand against bullying but was unable to because violence wasn't an option and I had no non-violent solution. I think a lot of it is a matter of pride; I feel like I let others and myself down.

Back with doing things you do not wish to do, I suppose that there has to be motivation for any given action. When someone I don't really know asks me to go out my way and give them a ride to the airport, I do it, even when it is a big inconvenience for me. I make these decisions because it is the "right thing to do" or I can empathize with their situation. I also wish to live a positive life, but I think there is a big difference between doing something because you know it is right and that is the kind of person you want to be and doing something because taking the right action is its own reward.

Perhaps the question I am trying to ask is, should we accept that we do things we do not want to do, or should we fundamentally change our thinking so everything we want to do is always the right thing?

Is a person whose motivation is to become a better person but still recognizes inconvenience to themselves "faking" it from a mind reading perspective?
318  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Improving Dream Awareness on: September 23, 2015, 08:34:17
I think I understand, but this part is still a little foggy; taking action on what needs to be done versus what you would like to do. In a hypothetical situation where a given individual needs help and I do not wish to help them, it is obvious to me that the correct thing to do is to help them, however, a 3rd party entity that can read my mind would know that I didn't want to do it.

This is what I was getting at when I said "faking it", but maybe that is the wrong thing to say. What is the difference between doing something you know is right that you don't want to do, and doing something you know is right and also wanting to do it?
319  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: asleep and awake at the same time on: September 23, 2015, 08:19:16
Robert Bruce describes an event like this in the Astral Dynamics book. His theory is that there is always two (or more) concurrent experiences for your consciousness. One might imagine that the soul maintains a perfect record of all of these experiences, but the human brain only records those which it is aware of.

Ultimately I don't think there is much difference between this event and a normal dream. Usually our focus is completely on the non-physical world and we only record the non-physical. Sometimes your focus can oscillate between both realities and record concurrent memories. It is said that you need to be aware when a projection ends to successfully carry that memory back.

I won't pretend to have all the answers but this event is fascinating for me. Can you describe at what point you became aware of the dream experience having taken place?

I wonder what is special about the event you experienced. Technically we might be doing things in other realities right now but there has to be something particular event that allows access to those memories.
320  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Improving Dream Awareness on: September 23, 2015, 00:42:17
I don't know the answer to who initiates retrievals. My naive guess at these mechanics is that the individuals involved have some kind of special energy connection or attraction for whatever reason. It is a little strange to think that there are conscious entities arranging it but I can't discount that possibility.

I once had an astral projection that I am not sure whether it was a retrieval scenario or not. I was sitting at a table with an old neighbour that had died some 15 years previously. In the context of the dream the old man was dying and I was trying to explain to him what he could expect to happen to ease his mind. He was in flat out denial mode, I don't think I achieved anything.

If this really was a retrieval I wouldn't say it is random. Perhaps I am the only person from that man's life that has the answers he needs and that is the energy that draws us together.

The point I am getting from these last posts is to act like loving person regardless of how I feel in all realities. I suppose that actually feeling it comes in time, like faking it until you make it?
321  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: A determined beginner's OBE *attempt* log (never had one before) on: September 22, 2015, 12:08:51
The furthest I've gotten is strong vibrations. I have a feeling that fear plays a big role here. I don't really know how to deal with it except for keep trying.
I think most people experience this fear. It peaks near the moment of mental transition and it gives the impression of teetering on a cliff. To go down leads to the unknown, abyss and possibly with no return. That is how it feels anyway. I always had the option to abort at such a point and it is almost a kneejerk reaction to do so at first.

These fears about my first experience were unnecessary: I maintained a normal cognitive thought process throughout the experience, including the transition; I suppose I was afraid of entering into an alien mentality. The transition was calm and peaceful. The reality I ended up in was not unfamiliar at all. It felt identical to lucid dream experiences.

I had no fear or discomfort throughout the process; I was extremely calm. This was the first time I had really been able to maintain that state and I would have to say it is key to successfully transitioning.

What do you think guys? I say that because som times I have a desire to escape from the misery of everyday life and how disconnecte people are. I understand that motivation or intention is everything, and escape is not a good one.

I think most people yearn to be free from some kind of restriction. One of the reasons I astral project is that I wish to fully harness my creations of my mind. Maybe part of this is because I develop video games; I am frustrated by the limitations of this reality in the sense that it takes years of work to achieve a poor imitation of the imagination.

I also often found myself feeling burned out or frustrated and hoping "tonight would be the night" that I would escape into another reality. Follow what ignites passion in you. If the thought of astral projection is it then embrace it and don't feel guilty about it. Experiences in other realities also make me more positive and excited about being in this one.
322  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Improving Dream Awareness on: September 21, 2015, 01:11:28
Incredible experience. I am fascinated by your mention of "superiors". Is this something that was unique to this dream? The concept sounds a little abstract in the context of this OBE. Do you imagine the superiors as "spirit guides" of some kind of a deep subconscious understanding of what was meant to be achieved in this test?

"I acted by impulse instead of reasoning" is how these scenarios have been playing out for me most of the time. After reading this post though I had another OBE that night, yet another one of these hero dreams taking place in a video store from my home town. This time I was faced by a person from my past that gave me a lot of trouble in school. The situation with this individual reached a climax in my final year and I badly wanted to fight this guy but I had to resist because I was a school captain. I have been carrying that event heavily with me ever since and I feel like it may be the reason I keep having these fighting dreams.

I think that this post stuck in my mind during the OBE because I was able to resolve the encounter with this person without any violence or trouble. Literally moments later I broke out into a fight with another stranger in the same room. Seems like I learned to respond better to people of my past but I still respond negatively to threatening strangers. No doubt there will be more iterations of this until I learn the lesson :p
323  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Hypnosis tape for Journeying on: September 21, 2015, 00:57:49
So often I have a question or am looking for some material for astral projection I come here and there is new thread on the topic. That's intent for you I suppose. Thanks Bluefirephoenix, I'll try this one out. Did you ever have any success with the self created hypnosis tapes?
324  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: A determined beginner's OBE *attempt* log (never had one before) on: September 20, 2015, 15:28:07
rainbow_light, I started off quite gun-ho like yourself and was disappointed to find that controlled sessions can be both quite time consuming and prone to failure. I have had more success after taking a back seat to the process. I find dream based projection to be a really good approach since it costs you nearly nothing time wise. The only chore is keeping a dream log; I have found this is mandatory right now after failing to remember many dreams without it.

Your other option is to try hypnosis based techniques. You can find 30 second procedures that will kick start your meditation straight to vivid pattern and colors. Some people have success with the 30 minute guided hypnosis for projection videos on YouTube.
325  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: To the masters out there - being in the astral and physical at the same time? on: September 18, 2015, 00:52:28
But then, I guess, to most people, the concept that this physical reality isn't really all that physical is a hard pill to swallow.  LoL

It is hard to get your head around because most of us, including myself, have been conditioned to this reality. For me the first step to breaking this construct is to understand that there is a separation between the reality we perceive and what is actually there. A nice thought experiment is to imagine holding onto what is visually a solid box, but upon touch inspection you discover there is a hole in the middle that can only be felt, not seen.

We don't really know that what we see is real, but when you combine senses to verify each other it gives a sense of objective reality. This sense of objectiveness can further be compounded by other having another person verify that what they perceive matches what you percieve.

All of the extra-reality experiences I have had have not been objectively verifiable, but for some people they are. The moment you have two consciousness perceiving the same extra-reality there is no grounds left to call this reality physical and the other not. I suppose you can extend this idea to say that neither reality is physical at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15