The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 16, 2018, 04:11:11

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16
326  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What am I doing wrong? on: November 08, 2015, 03:07:01
Hi!

Thank you all for your replies, they've most certainly helped them, but I must admit - I haven't tried to AP in a few good days.
Untill yesterday. So.. I closed my eyes, relaxed, at one point my eyes tried to open and I've let them be 'partially' opened and a few seconds later influenced  them to be closed. Later on I've definietly stopped caring for a good period of time - my brain started thinking about something that happened earlier on in the day and I didn't try to stop it. It started 'drawing', 'appearing' maybe in my eyes with the entire scene playing out. And, sadly - I started 'caring' and the image disappeared and I heard a really squeaky voice calling for me to 'follow'.
My heart and "body" gave up this weird feeling I used to feel back in the day when I was relaxing (that sort of feeling when I feel everything is 'bigger' than me, can't really put it in good words) aaaaaaaand.. my eyes opened. cry
So.. am I on the right track?

Sounds like you had the mini-dream. Your experience matches my findings in that doing nothing and letting go will quickly lead to a mini-dream when a strong train of thought emerges. The key is to somehow embrace and enter the mini-dream without "looking back". Looking back is a difficult habit to break; it is like telling someone not to think about elephants.
327  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Being harassed by an evil being on the Etheric plane (near physical) on: November 05, 2015, 08:15:14
What is it doing that bothers you? Do you see this entity?
328  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: A determined beginner's OBE *attempt* log (never had one before) on: November 03, 2015, 02:23:44
It has been a while since I have even been able to attempt to change my dreams, but every time in the past it would cause the dream to end like you say. It isn't always instant either, on a few occasions I have oscillated between the dream and being awake as I try to change things.

I feel like there should be a way around this - it is possible to change the scenario during a wake induced dream or astral projection, why not the dream induced version?

The just "knowing" I am dreaming part is familiar to me; it is strange because often the realization comes when I am faced with something I cannot deal with in this reality - like a fall from great heights - but I know it is fine.

The trouble is that the consciousness which experiences this stuff isn't really me as I am now. The me as I am, upon learning I am dreaming would stop and try to do astral stuff. The me in these lucid dreams is somehow incapable of even thinking about something else other than the task at hand. It is almost like there is a psychic barrier separating genuine thoughts from instinct.

329  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: A determined beginner's OBE *attempt* log (never had one before) on: November 02, 2015, 22:45:56
I may have to switch in future to Jurgen's approach of becoming lucid in a dream, then collapsing the dream narrative to enter a consensus environment. He makes it sound like a viable technique.

I have been on this task for several months now. Stopping the dream narrative is really challenging. Last night I was being chased by two people with guns when I came across a high fence. I knew it was too high to jump in real life, but that wouldn't be a problem for me because  I was dreaming. I jumped over but I ended up getting caught, I jumped off a building and woke up as I was landing.

At the time even though I knew I was dreaming I was not able to muster the incentive or awareness to leave the scenario. This has been my experience in a good 30 lucid dreams recently. Doing reality checks hasn't helped for me. The only advice I can offer is to get some dream tea. You will have a lot easier time remembering the dreams and will have a much more lucid engagement while in them.
330  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What am I doing wrong? on: November 02, 2015, 06:30:35
That mask does look like a superior design. The trouble with the mindfold is that the front is too rigid, making it only appropriate for laying your back. I have been fooled by seeing through the blindfold once before too. I will keep my eyes out for one like this.

@Blacklight - Recently I have been having the most success from just doing "nothing". Sometimes using particular methods gets you too engaged on the outcome to relax sufficiently.

331  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Dream Plants on: November 01, 2015, 22:55:39
Anyone have any experience with these? Some friends and I have obtained some "dream tea" containing Mugwort and Valerian. All of us have had a strong response from this. Last night I had one of the longest and most lucid dreams I have ever had and the ability to remember the experience was a lot stronger than usual.

These herbs, while relatively weak seem to be quite effective. Some stronger versions include Mexican Dream Herb and African Dream Root. Testimonials from these sound amazing; I am going to try and obtain some.
332  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Exit Symptoms/Signposts on: November 01, 2015, 22:44:17
I have had number 12 before. I am curious about another variant of this though - on several occasions when I have been trying to project I get the distinct feeling that there is some kind of presence near my head. Moreover I feel a relegated sensation as if someone is putting their hands on the pillow my head is on. It is usually quite shocking, of course every time I have sensed it and opened my eyes there was nothing there and no explanation for the feeling of something touching the pillow.
333  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What am I doing wrong? on: November 01, 2015, 22:38:19
I still have the same difficulty with automatic eye opening. I have given up on sleeping masks, they either do not have sufficient coverage or are so bulky as to become a new source of distraction.

I find the eye opening to be related to thinking about vision. As soon as I consider any imagery, my physical eyes start slowly drifting downwards and this unlocks the eye lids.

I am actually not so sure that eyes closed is the natural position for sleeping. My right eye in particular seems to open a tiny amount by default, it isn't much, but it is enough to let light through.

It is a really frustrating thing because it will constantly give you false positive symptoms. There have been multiple occasions where I believed I was successfully phasing only to find that my eye had opened a little and I was seeing some kind of blurry image.

The only thing that has remotely worked for me to mitigate this is to not think about vision at all, especially do not focus on anything you see behind your eyes as this can lead to the physical eyes becoming activated.
334  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Seeing the Spirit World /Third Eye Opening on: October 27, 2015, 01:00:35
This sounds pretty amazing; I would love to be able to perceive "behind the curtain" this way. My own spiritual progression has been far more subtle. I experience unusual co-incidences and a few occurrences of potential foresight. There is always the element of doubt that I am seeing patterns due to observation bias.

In terms of visuals I don't see aurae, but I have seen one thing I cannot explain. I was standing in front of a running tap in my house and suddenly a brilliant blue spark with a glowing aurae appeared out of no where somewhere near the tap. My first thought was that the water had caught on fire with a blue gas ignition, like I have seen on documentaries about fracking in the US. I had to dismiss this as a possibility because what I saw was blatantly a spark, there was no ignition source and there is no fracking in New Zealand anyway.

I have the headaches, pretty much non stop for the past 6 months at least. I am not sure I can tie the feeling to the center of the forehead. Something tells me the headache is due to pressure changes. I saw a documentary that examined the brain of a person who performed sungazing and it was found that their pineal gland had expanded to three or four times normal size.

Given the experiences you are having perhaps the headaches you are feeling are related to pressure from a physical change in your brain.
335  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Need help on: October 23, 2015, 06:47:46
In my experience these transition symptoms are largely irrelevant to the ultimate goal. You probably won't know when your body is ready - only when you are close; if you are thinking about whether you are ready, you aren't.

I start by using dissociation techniques to get my body into as deep of a relaxation as I can and then I just wait for something to happen with a blank mind for the most part. I know I am getting close when I experience a rapid falling sensation combined with a sudden wave of relaxation. This feeling is quite similar to what you might feel when you are overtired and start falling asleep while still upright.

It seems like you are still struggling with the relaxation phase and you might not be getting deep enough for your body to fall asleep. The easiest way to expose yourself to the vibrational feelings is to induce the onset of sleep paralysis by remaining perfectly still for about 10 minutes. I would be amazed if you felt nothing.

Another option is to try some breathing techniques to induce relaxation. I tried Step 1 of this process yesterday and felt all sorts of energy sensations after not much time at all.

http://consciouslifenews.com/how-to-open-third-eye-pineal/1138045/
336  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Made an advance on phasing on: October 20, 2015, 10:22:30
I was able to get some more understanding after a couple of events in my recent projection attempts. When in a reasonably deep relaxation, I let my mind go blank. Eventually I get snagged by an unrestrained train of thought. This is the kind of train that you might experience in normal life when you space out time. The difference between this and a normal train of thought is that it is accompanied by a hallucination.

It isn't a visual hallucination. The experience is more comparable to imagination, but far more vivid and with a very small viewport. On occasion if you are thinking about the right thing you might see yourself in this reality bubble. The weird part about that is that you can feel sense of touch in first person perspective while watching yourself in third. Sometimes I have even found my hands sort of reaching into this tiny dream.

I understand that this is probably what is meant by the scene taking a life of it's own, however, I do not experience this through driven imagination, it is necessary for the train of thought to be organic. The next step is to embrace these little dreams and immerse in them. Usually the moment I realize that it is happening it ends.

Once I was reaching into the scene and I grabbed a bunch of cards on a table. If one was to maximize their physical expose to the other reality it may provide enough of an anchor for a successful "physical" based phasing.
337  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Short "pulses" or vibrations in my head all day? on: October 14, 2015, 10:32:01
The energy sensations you describe remind me of what I wrote in a portion of my first post here:

Energy Sensation: Throughout most of my experiences I have been feeling an energy sensation which gets stronger the closer to sleep paralysis I become. I suspect they might be vibrations, however, I am also slightly doubtful of this because I also feel them when I am awake and I seem to be able to induce them at will.

It began on a particular night where I was laying on my side attempting to astral project. I didn't think I was very deep, most sleep paralysis symptoms hadn't kicked in yet and I was lucid but empty of mind. Suddenly I felt a physical jab in my lower spine. It was as if someone had taken two fingers and hit me forcefully. Instantaneously my entire body was flooded with an energy and vibration at a magnitude I had never felt before. It differed from vibrations I had felt in the past in that the sensation had extended beyond the shape of my physical body. I actually felt as if my entire body was an ethereal cloud, but in a reasonably uniform cylinder of perhaps 1 meter radius. The experience was shocking and even though I tried to relax into it, the sensation slowly waned as I became too engaged mentally.

These sensations are getting stronger and stronger in my body and they seem to intensify if I focus in the region of the 3rd eye."

I can elaborate on this to say that rolling your eyes back and attempting to move your etheric arms and legs will induce this. I think the feeling is a type of sensation "static" that is induced when you try to move your locus of sensation from physical to non-physical. If you get good enough at doing it the massive energy surge feeling that is induced can be close to enough to spontaneously transition.

Another related point of interest you can read about in the book "Vehram Etheral Array". There are a few posts about it on this forum. The basic idea is that there is an energy field with 6 nodal points around the body and that touching these with your etheric body can provide the energy required for a spontaneous projection. I can't figure out how to make this work for me yet.

I don't know whether much energy is really involved in this process or whether the feelings are just intense, but I also do Sungazing whenever I can. I can't rule out this as a contributor to the quality of energy sensation on the day.
338  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Shapeshift while OBE on: October 12, 2015, 08:48:37
Yep, easy to do too. I once had to track someone who had to be found. In this environment they had no dogs and never heard of them. I said I can find him but need to shift into another form. They were OK so I imagined having the sense of smell and a dogs body. I changed into one. Walking was awkward for a few secs lol, their sense of smell is different to humans and everything has its own odour. I found the guy too.
Intent is required and you can be a fly, a dragon, even a unicorn... I've played with this a few times, fun too.

This is incredible. Did the experience make you feel like you know what it is like to be a dog, or was it a human's imagination of what it would be like to be a dog?
339  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Lucid to Astral on: October 08, 2015, 09:57:52
I've tried meditation, I've looked at so many videos, read on so many ways to Astral Project but I only get so far then... nothing, I don't project.
I can at-least dream every-night and I can become lucid if I really want to. I've read a few ways to go from Lucid Dreaming to the Astrals but it's a little confusing for me. Could someone explain in a semi-simple way to go from LD to AP? I know once I am lucid in my dreams I will have the very next intent to AP but "how" is the problem. I also hate to post this topic because I know it's been asked before but, I'd really love it if you all could help in anyway you can Smiley. Thank you so much for all the tips and methods!

If I am correct you are talking about raising your awareness within lucid dreams to the point of having high enough awareness to call it an astral experience. I am working on the same thing right now and here is what has helped me. Consistently log at least a couple of bullet points about your dreams; do it as soon as you wake after scrubbing your memory for dreams. This will increase your lucidity and increase the chance that you become fully aware.

If you do become aware enough to form free thoughts you have to remain calm, solidify the experience by touching the ground and then you are in control. I have only had the awareness to take control of my dreams a few times; even when I realize I am dreaming I still don't have enough awareness to leave the situation most of the time.

I am currently trialing the use of reality checks as a method to automate this awareness process. I just downloaded a lucid dreaming app with a built in reality check reminder to get in the habit. I have been doing this for about a week now and haven't had any hits in lucid dreams every night, but if it does start to work it will go from useless to the best thing ever pretty quickly.
340  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Is astral projection occult/against the bible? on: October 08, 2015, 02:57:25
Astral projection is fundamental to our existence. If the bible explicitly stated that projection is bad and we shouldn't do it, none of us even have the ability to comply. Dreams are a natural thing and I don't think we should or can stop them happening by will.
341  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: am I the only one here who hasn't projected ? on: October 08, 2015, 02:51:28
I'll give this a go for sure.
342  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: am I the only one here who hasn't projected ? on: October 07, 2015, 23:45:02
The secret is so simple it gets overlooked.
Go to sleep but stay aware.
That's it in a nutshell.
The time of the day to do this will vary for the best results and sitting up rather than lying down may be worth trying.

Hah, well it may be simple but it sure isn't easy. If some people are capable of astral projecting while wide awake, why are we convinced that being asleep is the secret?

Falling asleep is a really difficult thing for me. Perhaps the crux of the matter is not finding reliable methods to astral project but finding reliable methods to fall asleep easily.
343  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Thoughts if you may? on: October 07, 2015, 10:01:03
This wasn't a state of Sleep Paralysis, it was far too tame. But at the same time, I could recognize that my body must've fallen asleep. As opposed to Proper sleep paralysis - where everything feels heavy, like I'm wrapped in a overly thick duvet - things felt lighter, and it felt as though I had a thin gold-plated casing around me instead. I was actually a lot more awake in the head as well, feeling surprisingly refreshed. But this whole arrangement felt so fragile, & I didn't know what to do next in case of shattering it. My thoughts must've trailed off as I fell asleep.
This is a good sign that you have phased over. For me it feels as if your body is a helium balloon, or you have entered a zero gravity environment. From this point here are your options. One approach - I believe from Bedeekin's Method is to move with all willpower towards a goal like grabbing a rope. This is not visualization, it should feel like it is really happening. I haven't really tried this myself as it seems risky for such a delicate state.

I have had success with this in the named state: embracing a feeling of my body stretching and lightly floating away. Once you have floated away from your body area there is no longer any doubt you are on the other side.
Side Note

I work during a night shift (recent transition) & have found that when lying on my office chair on some nights, I'll instinctively get vibrations. I won't fall asleep, because I'm on the job (which isn't exactly eventful at the moment), so supposedly my intent to stay away causes me to feel these as opposed to simply nodding off. During this moment, I tend to go along with it - why not? It'll go across my body, like intense vibrations after a while of meditating. Unlike normal sessions that I've done at home, however, it always gets to a point that I suddenly find myself breathing deeply, so much in fact that I'm consciously feeling the air rush through my lips, raising my chest to breath in as much as I can, as if I suddenly desperately needed oxygen! At this point, I feel that my breathing has detracted from the sensations, that it acts as the climatic end to this episode as they simply disperse. What I'm left with, is an incredibly relaxed body. Not "completely" detached limbs, but certainly numbed out all across. I'll open my eyes as if nothing had happened, & eventually move any body part to disperse the relaxed feeling entirely from it to a naturally awake state.

Any views on this ? I'm not sure what to make of the side note..

~Warmest Regards,
Encrtia.

I get this. I think the feeling you get is some kind of energy sensation cross-talk as your consciousness shifts towards the mental perception of your body. As you fall into this state you will find your breathing will go into sleep breathing patterns. This means slow deep breaths that come from the diaphragm. You might feel like you are short of breath because you aren't used to such slow breathing, or it could be that your posture is slouched and inhibiting your diaphragm. Oxygen puts people to sleep.
344  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: am I the only one here who hasn't projected ? on: October 07, 2015, 09:43:10
The problem isn't having or remembering the experience... I'm quite confident that close to 75% of the human population has had a fully conscious projection at some point in their lives.
The problem comes in the fact that most people will simply shrug it off and label it a "dream".  That's the hypocrisy of it too.

Yes, it is difficult for some people to accept that they have already astral projected because the average experience doesn't fit the mythology. The relation to dreams downgrades the significance of the experience in the minds of these individuals. This is not completely unfair; most of the projections I have had so far, while yielding some important lessons for me, are not impressive enough to motivate someone.

It is our responsibility to expand the concept of what a dream can be because most people are simply unaware. The level of investment required to reach the mythological astral experience is far too high for most people. I feel like I, perhaps we as a society, are still in the elementary stages of understanding how this works on a mechanical level. It is like there is still some secret to making this easy waiting to be discovered.
345  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: am I the only one here who hasn't projected ? on: October 06, 2015, 23:39:47
I think almost everyone can remember a dream induced astral projection once in their lives. Projecting from a conscious state is a way tougher prospect. I have been at it for about 10 months and while I have had many dream induced projections, I have only had one conscious entry, and it was sketchy at best for reproducibility since it occurred accidentally.
346  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Looking in a mirror AP on: October 06, 2015, 23:33:36
I haven't had this personally but a friend of mine encountered this in his first astral projection. The reflection he saw was a bad version of himself, perhaps something that could have happened if his life continued for the worse. Perhaps this wolf reflection is a kind of metaphor.
347  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: can you smell things in the RTZ? on: October 06, 2015, 23:28:33
Guys like Frederick Aardema have put quite a lot of effort into experiments like these. Ultimately it was found that you can identify unknown items in the RTZ a lot of the time. He found that touch alone was the most accurate mechanism, rather than smell or sight, but sometimes the items would be malformed and not match anything.
348  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Experimenting with a new technique (2 minutes to transition) on: October 05, 2015, 23:48:20
I have a status update for the technique. Last night I was really feeling the energy while I was sitting on the couch watching TV. I decided to try and raise that energy and the results were remarkable.

The differences between this attempt and the original approach was just that I was sitting upright and I focused more on driving the phantom feeling from the bottom of my feet upwards. I think that being upright lends to our ability to dissociate, but it is tricky to complete the separation without something supporting your posture.

I welled up as much energy and phantom-ness as I could muster. Instantly I felt it take effect as my body sensations slipped away. I felt extremely light and almost dizzy. A powerful feeling of euphoria enveloped me and grew stronger. In the end I had to abort the transition because the intensity of the euphoria was unbearable and I wasn't prepared for it.

I made some subsequent attempts afterwards but it never seems to work as well after the first attempt. If the bodily sensations really are related to some type of energy I wonder whether or not making these attempts depletes your tanks in some way.

The good news is that this session was extremely short lived, lasting less than 30 seconds from start to finish. I am getting better at handling this energy, but it is very abstract and I can't really explain "how" to do it to people who have never felt these sensations before.
349  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I'm new to this and have some questions on: October 04, 2015, 03:54:58
Your questions revolve around what most people commonly refer to as the "Real Time Zone" (RTZ).  There are many opinions, mine is that the RTZ doesn't objectively exist and what you experience is a replica from your own subconscious mind and those of others as well.  
There is a lot of merit to this argument, but is it not also possible to find out things in the real time zone that no one knows? I know the results of experiments like this are shaky but some people have had limited success. Being able to explore through the memory of other conscious entities is pretty amazing and useful even if it isn't completely accurate.

Your experiences while projecting are EXACTLY the same to the kind of experience you're having right now at this very moment.  It's all very physical and very (I loath to use this term, but) "real".
How do you account for the stability of the experience in this reality? Consciousness cannot necessarily distinguish between realities so one can argue that nothing is physical, it is all just subconscious, this reality and the dream reality. But there is a problem with this view; when we wake up each morning it is to a consistent experience, unlike our dreams.

There is a vessel in this reality which can be destroyed with consequences and it is also responsible for providing the sensory input we perceive. In dreams there are no apparent consequences to destroying your vessel, if you even perceive one, and you are exposed to senses which are normally beyond our capability to perceive in this reality.

There is something that binds this reality into a persistent form, I believe this is the effect of consciousness in this dimension. It also accounts for how we are able to obtain new information from other entities that seem to objectively exist. Once again this differs from dream entities which collapse under interrogation.

Some people describe other realities that are not like dreams however. These other realities are described as being more persistent like this one, and are populated with beings which comparable objectivity to those in this reality. What is your opinion on the existence of these realities?

350  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Astral projection at school? on: October 04, 2015, 01:06:06
I don't think there is anything wrong with using AP for entertainment. Projection at will in the middle of a class room is no easy thing but I believe it is possible to achieve without meditating for hours.

I want to maximize the experiences I have like yourself. I believe our "purpose" is to experience. Having to spend hours meditating isnt conducive so you can join my quest for another way Smiley

Some athletes can achieve a non physical focus and astral project spontaneously through something called Flow State. I have already begun practicing this and it shows potential. The concept is to let your subconscious take over control of your actions and it is good training for AP.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16