The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 23, 2017, 00:10:17

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
1  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: The Unsolvable Mystery of Reality Itself on: October 22, 2017, 16:33:23
Doesn't that only apply as a retrospective process? Nothing can be a valid concept permitted that there isn't anything around to label it. Nothing and something are both self fulfilling in that sense.
Possibly you need a binary/opposite in order to understand either. Can't know hot without cold. Good/evil. Something/nothing. Maybe they can't exist without opposite, but in this case, nothing is nothing and shouldn't exist but created, like zero.
2  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Error of Perception on: October 21, 2017, 22:29:08
"...at least treating the system as though it were objective tells us that that approach has at least temporary value."
 Yes. This becomes a framework, made up of root assumptions. I believe I have heard it referred to as consensus reality. For the sake of continuity, we all agree to a baseline-the physical "laws" for instance. Surely, this provides a more stable experience than say, your house suddenly floating away into the clouds or you unexpectedly accelerating exponentially as you start to walk... 
 From this, individual perception adds infinite shadings to the equation and what you perceive is your business...
3  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: The Unsolvable Mystery of Reality Itself on: October 21, 2017, 22:16:23
Nothing becomes something when you conceptualize it. It's as though the act of thinking about it changes its information state. Kind of like the act of trying to observe a particle or wave.
4  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Error of Perception on: October 13, 2017, 19:25:58
Again, nothing to add but I'm bookending this baby...hello Selski... wink
5  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: The Unsolvable Mystery of Reality Itself on: October 13, 2017, 03:20:01
" ...why an illusion of separateness and duality seems to arise in the most complex of these experiences..."
 How do you know what the most complex experiences are and if indeed a duality is attached to them? Let's go the other way. How do you know that the lesser experiences lack this illusion? I'll take my pedantic prickery one further and suggest that it is "currently" unknowable but not "absolutely" unknowable. Besides, ask anyone around here and they'll tell you the same thing. It's 3.
6  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Star Seeds and ETs ? on: October 10, 2017, 16:22:14
I have nothing of value to add to this discussion but my quirks can't allow the inaction to continue. I just got tired of seeing, "Last post by Stillwater-Re:Starseeds and ET's. Now it won't show that. Now I can sleep...truly.
7  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: I keep getting dreams of hell. on: September 03, 2017, 15:43:20
I honestly don't think anyone here is qualified to answer a question like that.

I would be very suspicious of any answer you received to such a question.
As a self appointed expert it is incumbent upon me to stick my nose into other peoples problems. I believe in a bespoke universe, custom tailored to our individual needs and not an off the rack universe where one clumsy answer has to be forced to fit all. Quit asking questions of others that only you can answer. But of course, this path is more challenging...
8  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Experienced Astral Travelers on: August 07, 2017, 23:04:04
"it is the old dreidel spinner part in me"
 Ahhh...well then, shalom!
9  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Experienced Astral Travelers on: August 07, 2017, 22:14:58
"You can pay me, or keep the money (whichever you like), because I am about to help you!"
 I always suspected you were an alright fella, Stillwater. And it's good to hear you're a vegetarian...I like girls too!  wink
10  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What if I never have children, will I have a worser reincarnation next time? on: April 08, 2017, 02:12:08
Firstly, don't let this bug you. I am 50 and will never have a genetic heir. When I would think about being a parent, my feelings were of revulsion and dread. I admitted this to myself quite readily. And the child I never had thanks me for owning that.
 I get along with children quite well and make great efforts to not condescend. They are usually a good source of amusement and I appreciate the time I do spend with them.
 My personal biases have led me to formulate a narrative relative to having children. It is this. Having children in this age, in this prosperity, in this mobility is a lifestyle choice. Don't need extra hands to work the farm and our extinction by lack of numbers is unlikely. A child may be an accoutrement to flesh out a fashion. More likely, it is an opportunity for us to mould a little life in the image of our ego.
 Children aren't for everyone. Foster care is full. Without judgement, some people aren't ready to be parents and yet find themselves in just that situation.
 If I had any advise to offer, it would be this. Honour your true feelings about being a parent and find peace with that honesty.
                                                                                                                                           -ThreadKiller-
11  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: How will I know if I am dead? on: February 13, 2017, 01:51:16
You will know when you only get one more tax notice.
12  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Astral sex? on: January 21, 2017, 08:40:56
If by "bees knees", you mean an orgasm that includes losing control of your bowels and other messiness, well then, have at it.
13  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Just putting this here on: December 11, 2016, 04:55:49
Gee, why the incredible disconnect between your original post and the one currently viewable? How dare you make my previous allusions to golden showers seem non applicable. Maybe your future posts should be edited with the same brevity with which you subjected your original post. Not everyone here is twelve years old and willing to read the non sequitur drivel you subject us to. Concision. Please make this your prime consideration when posting in the future.
14  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Help me on: December 10, 2016, 22:17:14
"Does your ex tinkle you off?"
 No-one has ever "tinkled" me off. Not because I object to it per se, but because it doesn't appeal to me. I'm all for free expression, so if tinkling is your thing, good for you.
 Now if you mean "ticked" off, well... ya...them ticking you off is probably why you're not together.
15  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is there such a thing as a non-physical world? on: October 23, 2016, 02:54:28
"I have two very strong self evident truths that I have arrived at."
 ...And I would would never challenge their validity...on a personal, subjective level. The point I was trying to bring us to is the larger cultural acceptance of our subjective experience. When I say self evident, I was speaking at the (forgive me for using this word) paradigm level that lens our understandings of what is possible. We are still using a 500yr old mechanistic metaphor upon which many of our current assumptions are based. This is the dominant narrative upon which we base what is possible or accepted as "evidence"
16  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is there such a thing as a non-physical world? on: October 23, 2016, 00:29:43
"But the question is, are there any self-evident truths, or very easily derived arguments about something we could deduce to be true of these other realities?"
  As for self evident truths...no. If it were self evident, the question need not be posed. I find it difficult to come up with some objective (as in applies to all in all situations) evidence for any other reality. Given what would currently be acceptable as evidence, we shall continue to grasp at straws. Only when subjective experience becomes a lynchpin in some new model or conception of our existence will we, finally, have traction to get to those answers. Materialism rules!...well,...not really...
17  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is there such a thing as a non-physical world? on: October 23, 2016, 00:02:01
At this point I would like to ask you if you had read this article in The Atlantic.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2016/10/silicon-valley-is-obsessed-with-a-false-notion-of-reality/503963/
                                                                                   wink
18  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: I believe on: October 18, 2016, 00:56:21
Mary Baker Eddie...Oi...
19  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: I believe on: October 14, 2016, 06:23:42
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_I_Believe
 My fellow traveler, Stillwater will dig this.
20  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Error of Perception on: September 27, 2016, 20:39:12
Hello all... I was amusedly following the "Satan" thread when I came across the fragment, "...error of perception..." A provocative jumble of words, to say the least. This post is not made to belittle the author but to explore the legitimacy of the statement. For me, it's a hell of a can o' worms to open. It suggests there is only one correct, uniform or objective perception for any given encountered phenomenon. Is this statement the epitome of arrogance or have I not examined my perceptions deep enough to come to this "truth"?  evil-apropos, no?
21  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: quick question i got on my mind on: September 24, 2016, 23:09:51
Ask what Western culture values. It is reason, not intuition. It is simply a matter of emphasizing certain aspects at the expense of others. Not all cultures place such high value on reason and have therefore developed other qualities, but with the dominance of the western paradigm examples become fewer and fewer.                                                                                                http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20160916-worlds-largest-matrilineal-society
22  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: I believe on: August 21, 2016, 05:18:55
I believe my beliefs shape my experience.
23  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: The Most Content People - something to chat about on: July 16, 2016, 18:38:52
One. I wasn't particularly serious. Two. I find skydiving to be a meditation. Maybe not yours, but mine. I may not have had what could be historically defined as a transcendent experience, but certain skydive achievements have brought me the closest thing to joy that I've ever experienced.
24  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: The Most Content People - something to chat about on: July 16, 2016, 05:26:43
Skydivers, base jumpers and wing suit flyers.
25  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Any Metalheads? on: June 06, 2016, 04:12:27
I have, at one time, some 30+ years ago referred to myself as a metalhead. Oh, how time ravages the cause. At one point in my personal evolution, I reached the critical juncture where I could admit, publicly, that other music was, "OK"  So then it is from this wind swept perch that  that I say, down through the years, "Rock on!...." Is that still a thing, rock on? Has it disappeared from the lexicon? I'm old and confused...All I know is rock achieved perfection in 1974...Edgar Winter!!! Sorry, how the mind does ramble...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6