The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 07, 2021, 15:18:42

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
1  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: How Is Everyone? on: November 13, 2020, 07:10:21
Just thought I'd check in to see how everyone has been coping with the coronavirus and just life in general lately?

I live just east of Toronto (Ontario, Canada), everything is going fairly well here.  I mean, we're having a rather anxiety-causing jump in cases... but I guess we're handling it okay.
Personally, I'm a little on the anxious end of things... but I'm managing. 

Everyone doing okay these days?  Holding up okay?  Smiley

Why anxious? How many people do you know personally who have contracted this stronger strain of flu? Are they dragging wagons filled with the dead through the streets of the GTA? Think this happy thought...Total number of deaths in Canada, DIRECTLY caused by covid versus  the total population of Canada. Me personally, I'm more worried of being injured in an auto accident than contracting covid. But that's me. I don't watch news, as I am the authority of my own life. I trust what I feel, not what some authority tells me I should feel. Best of luck, Xanth. I wish you peace to soothe your restless heart.
2  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Contact on: November 13, 2020, 06:54:04
Carl Sagan excrement all over Frank Borman. Just sayin'...
3  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Space Station Moon on: August 02, 2020, 23:02:29
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/03/why-you-cant-keep-a-secret/357571/
4  The Astral Library / Welcome to Writers Corner! / Re: To be continued on: May 16, 2020, 02:33:21
"It's kind of hard to explain..."
Try.
5  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Your dream job on: March 01, 2020, 06:09:27
I've always wanted to try dictator for life somewhere...anywhere...and that's mostly because I just have a thing for sycophants...yes, yes,YES!!!
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Free Meditation Music w/Binaural Beats & Isochronic Tones on: July 14, 2019, 20:24:50
ASMR tapping.

https://youtu.be/can8TTS_TmQ
7  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Recent Disclosure??? on: July 09, 2019, 06:22:03
Society on this planet is not ready yet for communication with other civilizations.  There's a reason why there has been no contact or dialogue on a massive scale.
This doesn't address my questions. I am asking what sort of expectations people hold in the scenario described. Are UFOs expected to be some sort of panacea for mankind? Answer the questions asked. What, if any, are your expectations, ForestDean? You say we are not ready, but if we were, what would it mean to our species?
8  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Recent Disclosure??? on: July 07, 2019, 19:03:46
Reminds me of that famous Enlightenment quote.  wink

Not to imply in the least, that I am enlightened, but yep...
9  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Recent Disclosure??? on: July 07, 2019, 18:40:49
Please know I'm not trying to be antagonistic with this post but what, exactly, do you think will happen if/when this information is made public? Do you think it will usher in some new era? If so, what areas of our lives do you think will be affected? Do you see wholesale changes and/or societal collapse? Do you think this will be similar to the coming of Christ in terms of an en mass spiritual sea change?
 For me, if this phenomena is real, I don't see much in my life changing that much. I'll still have to pay my mortgage and fight over who cuts the grass.
10  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Interesting Experiment on: September 24, 2018, 00:12:48
Maybe in the 70's that grant would go through  cool

Princeton's little deal with the falling foam balls (PEAR) was always a neat little anomaly, but not sure if they ever eliminated all the alternative interference possibilities, like the gravity of people in the room, nearby obects, etc.
I'm not familiar. What did the distribution look like?
11  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Striking a Balance on: September 23, 2018, 23:54:05
"everyone else is a bunch of schlubs."
 Ahh. Anyone who uses the word schlub can join my exclusive club anytime.
12  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Interesting Experiment on: September 08, 2018, 11:52:58
Did it 8 times, got it right 7 times, with two choices ( there is about a 3.5% chance of an outcome that strong or better in 8 trials).

Is it statistically significant? Would have to do it 10,000 odd times and get back to you on that  wink
You start applying for a grant and I'll...wait.
13  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: So bothered and ticked off about relationship towards suicide on: July 02, 2018, 12:43:03
It is one of those case by case things. There are huge differences between people in a state where they are likely to suicide / have suicided. Some of these people may have made a rational choice, others may have made a less reasonable choice. Most human situations are like that.

People in a terminal situation, where it costs them a lot of anguish to keep living... I think strong arguments can be made that it is logical and acceptable for those people to suicide.

Rational cases can be made that is is reasonable for people to suicide to avoid falling into the hands of a viscious enemy in a war or war-like situation.

A common component with people who are in a state where they are likely to suicide is that they believe, rightly or wrongly, that their situation will never improve. Determining how well-founded they are in this reasoning can be a helpful first step in considering how to help them. Many people can be put into a frenzied / irrational state by a temporary situation. Some of these people can be helped by a person who can give their situation perspective.

Most suicidal people resent being lied to or spoken to in an unnatural way by would-be helpers. One of the challenges for helping them is that you should be truthful, while helping them to gain a better outlook on reality, where appropriate.

Lives do have value, and generally should not be wasted casually if it can be helped.
Some of your best work, Still...Godspeed...
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Beware the Talking Monkeys! on: May 17, 2018, 10:22:44
Wow. Frank...Is there an astral memory lane, Selski?
15  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: The Event - Mass Awakening - Dimensional Transcendence on: April 02, 2018, 23:39:41
I've never understood all this "dimension" talk...
Ya, me too. Is it like the highest achieving kids pull up the lowest kids by increasing the average? If so, not much incentive to work on yourself. Just wait for whatever they call this and get pulled along on a spiritual free ride.
16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Where is robert monroe. on: February 28, 2018, 07:31:18
Thread killer. Show some respect.
You need to start taking yourself seriously.
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Where is robert monroe. on: February 27, 2018, 09:36:29
Robert Monroe sleeps wid da fishes.
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Ayahuasca on: February 20, 2018, 01:24:10
I had a friend go down to Peru last year and give it a go. He is still an insufferable, condescending, pontificating tw*t. So it did him no good on that account. I think of "westerners" taking it because they are lazy and impatient with non drug methods of achieving the same results. Maybe the people who don't achieve these states, despite their desire, just aren't ready. Then you force this on the ego. Oh boy...
19  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Sexual Orientation and Energy on: December 01, 2017, 05:20:30
Please tell me you don't have a vocal affectation as well...Don't be mean...don't be a jerk, but be a little aloof. When the girls are talking to you, look them up and down with the slightest hint of a smirk...but still pay attention to their every word...just don't over show it. And with your "friendliness", don't be overly available. "....ya, um...I have a girl I'm trying to date on the other line, so...why don't you call me back later" Don't be a doormat, essentially. Assert yourself and cut off overly needy girls...quick! Be a "part time" friend. Get them to respect your time. Keep your pecker in your pants and the respect you are due will come. Stay the course and best of fortune to you...
20  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: The Unsolvable Mystery of Reality Itself on: October 22, 2017, 16:33:23
Doesn't that only apply as a retrospective process? Nothing can be a valid concept permitted that there isn't anything around to label it. Nothing and something are both self fulfilling in that sense.
Possibly you need a binary/opposite in order to understand either. Can't know hot without cold. Good/evil. Something/nothing. Maybe they can't exist without opposite, but in this case, nothing is nothing and shouldn't exist but created, like zero.
21  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Error of Perception on: October 21, 2017, 22:29:08
"...at least treating the system as though it were objective tells us that that approach has at least temporary value."
 Yes. This becomes a framework, made up of root assumptions. I believe I have heard it referred to as consensus reality. For the sake of continuity, we all agree to a baseline-the physical "laws" for instance. Surely, this provides a more stable experience than say, your house suddenly floating away into the clouds or you unexpectedly accelerating exponentially as you start to walk... 
 From this, individual perception adds infinite shadings to the equation and what you perceive is your business...
22  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: The Unsolvable Mystery of Reality Itself on: October 21, 2017, 22:16:23
Nothing becomes something when you conceptualize it. It's as though the act of thinking about it changes its information state. Kind of like the act of trying to observe a particle or wave.
23  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Error of Perception on: October 13, 2017, 19:25:58
Again, nothing to add but I'm bookending this baby...hello Selski... wink
24  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: The Unsolvable Mystery of Reality Itself on: October 13, 2017, 03:20:01
" ...why an illusion of separateness and duality seems to arise in the most complex of these experiences..."
 How do you know what the most complex experiences are and if indeed a duality is attached to them? Let's go the other way. How do you know that the lesser experiences lack this illusion? I'll take my pedantic prickery one further and suggest that it is "currently" unknowable but not "absolutely" unknowable. Besides, ask anyone around here and they'll tell you the same thing. It's 3.
25  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Star Seeds and ETs ? on: October 10, 2017, 16:22:14
I have nothing of value to add to this discussion but my quirks can't allow the inaction to continue. I just got tired of seeing, "Last post by Stillwater-Re:Starseeds and ET's. Now it won't show that. Now I can sleep...truly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6