The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 26, 2020, 23:15:38

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: between sleep and awake on: December 26, 2008, 12:53:54
Between asleep and awake is pretty accurate, but don't mistake this for being in just a really good meditative state or being really relaxed as you can still be pretty far away from an OBE.  When you are about to have an OBE, you will definitely know it because it's unlike anything you've ever experienced especially if you have a strong tendancy toward having vibrations first.  But the thing is the vibes come on quickly and there is really no way to know (that I know of) if you are gettting close.  Just being relaxed is not enough (but definitely helps).  It's kind of like waiting at a train station and either your party shows up or they don't.  Still, you have to be at the train station if you are going to meet your party at all.
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Does TV/Media in the excess hinder OBEs? on: December 26, 2008, 12:30:21
I'm not sure about general tv, but using the computer is no problem.  I have found anything that stimulates the brain, such as using a computer or reading helps a great deal especially after gettting some good hours of deep sleep.  The mental stimulation helps to keep the mind awake while still allowing the body to relax and drift away which is key.  I think tv though goes the wrong way as it tends to induce the wrong frequency of brain wave patterns but I can't say about the tv for sure.
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: 2 Weeks of Attempting an OBE! on: December 19, 2008, 13:17:30
The best time for me is also after I've had a good sleep, but before my usual waking hour.  So 3-4 in the morning is a good time.  Also getting up and having a cup of gentle tea, and doing some OBE related activity such as reading an OBE book or writing in this forum (as I am doing right now) for a half hour or so, then going back to bed increases my chances.  The combination of getting your deep sleeps in ahead of time and also doing something stimulating for the mind is a potent combination and for me is critical in being successful.  I've also had some success with late afternoon naps.
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Most amazing vibrations but why am I stopping there? on: December 19, 2008, 12:54:18
Just want to add Nickspray makes a good point about doing a reality check.  Sometimes when the vibes stop, you actually have crossed over, but think you didn't because everything seems the same.  When I think I've gone past the critical point, my test is to nudge myself a little by gently trying to roll out off the side of the bed.  You have to do this very gently.  If you haven't crossed over, trying to roll out can be disruptive and kill the vibrational state, which is why you have to be very gentle about it.  (you will know you haven't crossed over because you can feel your physical body moving a little instead of just your astral body.)  If you have crossed over, then a gentle nudge will lead to you actually rolling out, and then off you go.  Also sometimes just trying to do a very gentle roll every few seconds when you are on the edge of the vibrational state (not before) can actually induce a crossover.
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Most amazing vibrations but why am I stopping there? on: December 08, 2008, 15:17:00
The vibrational state has the unfotunate side effect of being somewhat exciting which for some folks is enough to snap you back to full waking state.  What I like to do is to concentrate on trying to intensify the vibrations as much as possible by mentally moving toward the loudest, most vibrational feeling and staying there as long as you can.  I think of it as sort of a pencil standing on end.  Being in the vibrational state is like the pencil being on end.  Try and keep the vibrations going as much as possible by focusing on the sound and vibrations at the exclusion of everything else.  The longer you can keep the "pencil on end" the better your chance that you will suddenly slip out and be on your way to an OBE.

Hope that helps.

Token
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Moving about in the OBE state on: December 07, 2008, 15:15:42
This can vary with the experience.  I find if I am close to my body, then moving around can be more difficult then if I am some distance away.  Also the degree of lucidity can have an effect on this as well.  I quite often depend on a thing I call the magnetic wind which is a pulling force that can just sweep me away to some distant locale.  It feels like riding a magic carpet only faster Smiley If this comes along for you, don't fight it, just join in and let it take you where it may.  When the ride is over you can usually find yourself not only in an interesting setting, but your abilty to move around on your own, by walking or flying is greatly enhanced.

Token
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Not yet convinced "OBEs" are paranormal - What do you think? on: December 06, 2008, 11:54:42
Cool post Atraveler and yes you're right, sometimes it does just seem like it can all just be chalked up to conscious dreaming, but I think that statement right there is misleading.  "Just" a dream is something that is easily said especially by western culture and to me that is like saying we are "just" alive and conscious. 

When we are young we are told "it's only a dream, go back to sleep now" and we have learned over the years that waking reality, our job, family, friends, etc. is the only thing that is real and thoughts, daydreams, dreams, LD, and OBE are to be put in that "other" catagory as something to be amused about, but not to take seriously or to give much thought to.  I think this is a big mistake and puts a wash over any gift we may have to see clearly into the real "truth" out there. 

I think that OBE is a gift to be able to see dreams for what they really are.  It's easy to say OBE are just dreams, but I think that is the wrong idea, instead we shoud be saying "Wow! dreams are OBEs and all along I thought dreams were just dreams!"  In other words, I think OBE is the small keyhole many of us have been looking for to put the whole reality thing into perspective.  It is the opportunity to finally take the rose colored shades off and see reality for what it really is.

I have had several hundred short and long OB experiences and if nothing else I have come to a personal realization that this "other" world is clearly a world every bit as profound as waking reality.  I think perhaps the strongest reason I have for saying that is because of all of the times, during clear OBE, when I have found myself saying and with full conviction "this is every bit as real as waking life. Right here, right now I am fully experiencing reality and yet I am sound asleep".  I think when one awakes, due to western training or otherwise, we come to the thought that "it was just a dream" way too easily.  Why can we be so sure of ourselves during the experience, then have doubts later upon awakening?

I think for me the other profound thing I have gotten from OBE is that in the same way we can question the reality of an OBE world, it is just as easy to question the reality of a waking world.  There is no reason to believe one over the other.  Sure there are some seeming reasons, like the steadfastness of waking reality, but is that really good enough?  Where does this experience come from?  The scientists will tell you its from the electrical and chemical discharges in the brain, but the engineer with tell you that no amount of circuit wirings, and the chemist will tell you no amount of chemical reactions, will lead to this thing we call waking consciousness (or sleeping consciousness for that matter).  There is no known reason why there is a connection between the body and consciousness, all we know is that there is. 

Also just as a side note, I'm really surprised you have not yet had a conversation with an astral entity.  Have you tried to?  It can be quite amusing and sometimes very surprising.

Token
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: i'm lost on: February 01, 2007, 09:38:35
Nice words Sarah!  I very much agree.  We all would like a special moment when someone can just come up to us and say, presto!  Everything is OK now!  But this is not the way things are.  There are many tribulations in the world and the destination is not why we are here, it is only the journey that counts.  If things feel strange or out of place, it is time to reflect on how you feel.  There is something to be learned in everything. 

That said, to answer your question about being responsible in an OBE for fear of repercussions in waking life, I don't think you need to worry about that.  The astral realm is for exploration in the extreme.  It is your playground.  Don't get me wrong, what you chose to do or not do is something you should always reflect upon for your own growth.  That is why you are here and that is why you have the freedom to astral project. 

Hope that helps.  Please don't worry so much.  I sense you are getting too serious about this.  Just reflect and enjoy and learn.  No need to be paranoid.
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Getting Back on: February 01, 2007, 09:26:15
This is odd because I usually find myself helping people rather than asking the questions, but I have something on my mind and I need opinions.  First off I need to express that if you are a noobee and still dealing with fear of getting out and that sort of thing, please keep things in perspective and realize that this is not a dangerous situation or anything to be afraid of.  I'm still here so there is the proof. 

My question is for experienced travelers that have found that they can comfortably be out for an extended period of time.  I have found that every once in awhile I can be out for a relatively long period of time and that my state is so relaxed that I don't get any urgent draw or pull to get back to my body.  Sometimes I get a little tired and feel like I would like to get back, but oddly I'm sort of in a position where I'm not exactly sure just how to go about it.  A couple nights ago I was in this position and I was sort of scratching my head trying to figure out how to get back.  I wasn't sure what to do.  After a minute or so I just figured if I jumped in the air and caught my familiar magnetic wind that things would take care of themselves and so I did just that, and sure enough, the wind picked me up and sent me soaring back with no problem (through the water as I explained in another post).  But about 2 years ago I was in a similar situation where I was pretty far away in a very unusual environment and I was trying to get back but could not figure out how and ended up spending a bit of time trying to work my way back.  I eventually did (obviously), but it freaked me out just a little (not a lot).  So my question is have any of you experienced this and what have you found yourself doing to correct the situation?

(Again for noobees.  This is not something to worry about, as it takes decades to get this comfortable, and you will find yourself struggling just to stay out, not get back.)

Thanks,

10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: what next?... on: January 28, 2007, 16:26:10
These are the typical vibes that you are feeling.  This is very very good as you are so close you can already smell the roses.  There are are several things you can do at this point, but perhaps the one that might work best for you (it does for me) is to ever so gently roll your body back and forth.  The key word here is GENTLY.  Just a small nudge to try and roll out.  If you try too hard the sensations will stop and you will have to start again (which can actually only be a couple seconds).  I usually just roll right off my bed onto the floor (or through the floor  undecided ).  If you are nudging correctly the vibrations (noise, etc. ) will increase in intensity (rather then decrease), so use this as a guide.

I have also had times where the vibrations are so minimal I can't feel them, and I think this just happens naturally over time, you kinda get immune, but I enjoy the vibes and try and feel them as much as I can.  I think you can feel them more if you consciously pay attention to them.
11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Sudden Dread on: January 28, 2007, 16:12:09
Like Astral_neophyte says, you just have to ignore the fear and do it anyway.  I think it's so fearful at first because of the sensations which can be a little lonely and leave you feeling pretty insecure, but after you do it a few times, the fear gets replaced with excitement and joy of the adventure that lies ahead.  One thing that might help you is to just be sure that each time you attempt a projection, you must phyche yourself up, kind of like cheerleaders before a football game.  Rah rah team, let's project NOW!  cheesy
12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: It finally worked(um...i think...) on: January 28, 2007, 15:59:41
Yep, swim, breathe, splash.  It's exhilerating!  I just had a great OBE 2 nights ago and did just that.  This one was unusual though in that I was returning back to my body after being out for about 20 minutes and took the slow easy route of getting pulled back slowly.  Part of the journey back was through the water.  I lay on my back and the force of the magnetic wind was pulling me though the water like a speed boat.  My body was creating hugh shoots of waves on either side of me and they were glittering in the light.   The color was fantastic and the water against my skin was unbelievable!  Really fun!
13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: It finally worked(um...i think...) on: January 25, 2007, 12:14:08
Yeah, I think the main reason why I am thinking that is an OBE rather than an LD is because I experienced the vibrations and remember exiting my body and flying as well...
Wow, flying is the most amazing thing in the world.  One word: Damn! grin

Yes, especially close to the ground and at high speed.  Wait until you get into swimming!   cheesy
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Is Astral Projection under rated? on: January 24, 2007, 13:27:27
Thanks for the post Faizan.  For me, along with just the fact that OBE is a lot of fun, I have come to learn for myself that this reality is not the only reality although for the moment it seems to certainly be the most persistant. rolleyes Just the fact that I can stand in an OBE universe and say to myself "there is no difference between this and waking reality!"  is an eye opener for me and has totally change the way I view the whole of my experience as a conscious being.  That insight alone for me is worth the challange of having an OBE experience in the first place.
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: It finally worked(um...i think...) on: January 24, 2007, 13:12:27
Welcome Kareth.  I can relate to the "gotta tell someone or I'll explode" level of excitement.  Same thing happened to me when I had my first OBE.  It was so cool I just had to talk about it to everyone.  Soon realized of course that you kinda gotta be careful who you tell or you can get strange looks. shocked

It can be difficult to tell the difference between an OBE and an LD, for me at least.  Usually, if I'm dreaming and then just wake up in the dream (become lucid), then I just consider it an LD.  I don't have many of those.  If I start vibrating right from an awake state, go through the exit, and fly off somewhere from my bedroom, then I consider that an OBE.  But after flying off to realms unknown, I can see how it can then be mistaken for an LD since sometimes the surroundings can be the same as you might encounter in a dream.
16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: A bunch of questions from a newbie on: January 23, 2007, 10:51:36
Hi again Astral Pulse. May I bother the great minds of this board? I have some questions regarding projection.

1) While one is projecting, do you literally leave your body? I'm hoping that you do but somehow I'm not so sure.

Yes, that which is "you" leaves your body.

2) What exactly are "spirit guides"? Are they real?

Yes, they are real, but come in different forms.  I usually have a "magnetic wind" that grabs me quite often and takes me places to see.  Sometimes I've had guides in the form of attractive "angels" in nice clothes and such guide me around like Superman did to Lois Lane in the first superman movie. 

3) If one wishes, can he/she permanently leave their body via projection?

I seriously doubt it.  I don't think it's possible.

4) Which method is easier to project, sleep paralysis, lucid dreaming, 7 chakras, or meditation?

I have more luck projecting directly from a paralysis state, but others use different methods with equal success.

5) Does moving slightly or opening your eyes improvise the success of projection?

Any sort of physical movements including trying to open your physical eyes will immediately stop a projection.

6) Can you talk to others while on the astral plane?

Yes, and it's really fun.
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Almost there on: January 23, 2007, 10:34:10
Congratulations on getting to the threshold.  You are 90% there.  Don't worry too much about the fear.   Fear is a huge issue for a lot of people on the threshold of projection so you are definately not alone.  There are a couple things you can do to prepare yourself for this.  Probably the most significant is to constantly remind yourself during the day, that if this happens again you are just going to do it.  This is no different then preparing yourself to perform in a play for example.  No one can just get up on a stage and expect to pull off an acting performance without first preparing and psyching yourself up for the "big opening night".  You have to have confidence that only comes with preparation.  Basically you just have to commit to it.  You have to tell yourself that these opportunities only come along once in a great while and next time it happens, nomatter what you are feeling, you are going to do it.  The other thing that might be helpful is to basically just free yourself from what you perceive to be consequences.  If a person has fear of the stage, even after preparation, it is usually due to a fear of the consequences if the performance goes badly.  What will the reviews be like, how will this affect my future acting carreer, how will my friends see me now, etc.  Your fear of projection is also based on similar issues.  Will I die, will I be unable to return, will I run into a monster.  etc.   No, you won't die, yes, you will be able to return, yes you might run into a monster, but so what, you are stronger then it is and can easily win any battle.  So next time you are in this situation, don't waste it.  Just remember there are many here who would love to be in your shoes.
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Helping Other Astral Project on: January 21, 2007, 13:47:12
I remember one time I projected over to a friends house in the middle of the night, and I saw her asleep and I awoke her (astral consciousness) and actually ended up pulling her out of her body by grabbing her hand.  We tooled around on the astral together and had a blast.  The next day I talked to her about it and she said she remembered nothing about the night, and said she couldn't even remember dreaming.  I was really hoping she could have, what a wonderful verification that would have been! 

Also I would like to just mention that when on the astral so much is not what it may seem and it could quite possibly be that this woman I helped to project may have been someone else entirely, or it could have been a reflection of the woman that I actually know, but in some other universe or dimension.  To just go and see a friend is not as easy as it may seem.  It's a big universe out there, and probably one of many, so it's really easy to get lost when trying to find someone or go someplace specific.
19  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Did I have the beginings of splitting from my body on: January 17, 2007, 14:30:23
I agree that it also sounds to me like a partial projection from your description.  The pain in your stomach might be from just parts of your body being stuck.  The pulling of the leg is interesting.  There is a thing in the astral that I call the magnetic wind, but it's also known by other names.  The magnetic wind is this sort of attractive wind that just swoops you up and takes you places when you are least expecting it.  It can definitely feel like a "pull" (hence the "magnetic" part of the name).  I've never had this happen without being fully out first, but it might just be the pull on your leg was just the magnetic wind helping you along.  It's friendly enough (and helpful), so I would not worry about it.  If you do end up getting out of your body and you feel this attractive pull, definitely relax and go with it as it will take you places that will blow your mind.  It's an odd feeling at first to be so submissive, but it pays off.
20  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Something evil inside of me? on: January 14, 2007, 19:35:55
It sounds like most of your experience in your bedroom was typical with the unusual twists that you mention and I would guess (guessing is all I can do here) that the unusual twists are being triggered by some strong emotions that you have surrounding the recent events in your life.  Also if you are taking any strong medications or too much alchohol/drugs then this can have strong negative effects as well.  Your dream to me suggests that you are feeling a lot of stress (also just guessing here). 

Perhaps you might try a couple things which might help.  One is to physically get as clean as you can, no alchohol or medication (unless necessary of course) and switch over to eating as healthy as you possibly can, no fast food, lots of veggies, grains, fish.  The other is to get yourself in a spiritually healing mode.  Meditate, take time to go out for a long walk or run each day.  Get a massage.  Reflect quietly while asking for strength and good energy to enter you.  Everyone is different and I'm not saying anything I'm suggesting will work, but I can assure you it won't hurt!

Token
21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Blown away by the Lucid on: January 14, 2007, 19:17:25
I need advice!!!!!!!!!

When im dreaming and realize it is just a dream then i have a lucid dream.

As soon as im LUCID the dreams fades away and becomes a blank Void.
or goes to sleep paralisis.

This is not from me getting over exiceted.

Can someone tell me whats wrong and how can it be fixed?

The thing that works best for me is to simply pay closer attention to my surroundings.  If someone is talking, listen to them closely, if you see a beautiful blue sky, look at it and admire it, if you are next to a tree, touch the tree and feel the texture of the bark, or just look at the back of your hand and study it closely, look at the veins and pores.  In other words, absorb yourself in everything around you, avoid having any thoughts other than the task at hand (looking at things) and you should be fine.

Token
22  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: APing from lucid dreams on: January 14, 2007, 19:12:56
Does projecting feel pretty much the same as being awake?  If I mastered it could I go almost anywhere? Could I pop down to the local pub (if it was still open) and see the people in there drinking?

Hi All, sorry I've been away for awhile, life has been keeping me busy, anyway.....

There will always be many complimentary answers to this question and no-one really knows the most accurate, be that as it may, here is my personal take on this from my experience:  Projecting feels EXACTLY like being awake during the most lucid moments.  It is absolutely uncanny how real the experience is.  I personally am unable to differentiate between an OBE and waking reality as far as which one is more "real".  As for being able to go anywhere if you master it, well, that depends on what you mean by anywhere, but if it means going down to the local pub and see your friends drinking, yes and no.  You can go down to the pub and see what appears to be your friends drinking, but more than likely you will go down to the pub and it will look just a little different to you, (different pictures on the wall for example) and the people sitting at the bar will likely be people you have never seen before.  It seems that for every real pub, there are an infinite number of similar pubs and the likelyhood of you finding the one you visit in waking life are very remote (IMO).

Token

23  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Robert Monroe Institute on: April 28, 2006, 07:09:56
Quote from: Jibreel
Hello,

I ofted hear members on this forum quoting Robert Monroe, or Robert bruce, or Adrian Cooper, in things that apparently have no evidence or documentation of their truthfulness. Yet, I see members following such statements blindly as if its some sort of revelation. I find this to be a childish, superstitutious, and almost ridiculous way to obtain information about reality and the afterlife.

Jibreel

Although you will certainly find some people taking the author's (Monroe, et al) statements about the afterlife or whatever to be facts, this is certainly not the reason these authors are discussed.  These authors are simply the most vocal about the OB experience and have the most publicly available journals about their personal experiences.  If you are planning a trip to Africa, you might tend to watch a movie about Africa such as well..."Out of Africa".  This doesn't mean that everything in the movie is true, but after watching it, you might have a pretty good idea about what Africa is like.
24  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Out-of-body experience clues may hide in mind on: April 28, 2006, 06:48:52
Quote from: kiwibonga
Quote from: catmeow
Apparently Nature magazine published information suggesting that modern humans acquired 223 genes, not vertically via the mechanisms of evolution, but horizontally by a non-evolutionary mechanism. The explanation is that this was a sideways insertion of genetic material from bacteria.

Yeah... This is something I learned in school, they made us compare human and chimpanzee chromosomes -- you can clearly see that it's as if someone decided to take one of the chimpanzee chromosomes, assemble it with the one next to it, and created the first human!

This is something that scares me a bit, as well... What if it's not divine intervention? What if we were designed by an alien race and are somehow being exploited?

If they have mastered DNA manipulation to such an extent that they were able to create a viable, intelligent species... Could they have programmed our brains to be able to control us one day?

Of course we can create lots of paranoid theories... I guess it's better to try and find out from someone who might know Smiley

I'm going to ask in the channeling thread and see if the Elohim has something interesting to say about it :p

I don't think you need to worry about the alien theory, because after all, that would imply that a race superior to the race that engineered us would have to exist to engineer the race that engineered us ad infinitum.  This is why most people are turned off by the new "intelligent design" debate because it begs the question who created the god that created us?
25  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Out-of-body experience clues may hide in mind on: April 28, 2006, 06:33:41
Quote from: kiwibonga
I think in regards to the energy body, all lifeforms are "created equal" ; it is their physical body that is different.

I do believe that some form of divine intervention was involved in the creation of man, though... If you look at the differences between human DNA and chimpanzee DNA... The evolution from one to the other is very clear, but the chances that this mutation would happen randomly and to a male and female of the same population, in such a way that they could mate, are probably one to infinity...

It's as if something spliced some DNA around and created us from chimpanzees (or a more primitive version of them). This is the reason we often hear of a "missing link" -- there's just something that is missing between all the other species on earth and us...

According to this way of thinking, God is not human in the physical sense, but I believe that we were given the tools to become gods, to harness the powers of Kundalini, the energy body, etc...

Look at the greys, those Roswell aliens... Don't they look a hell of a lot like they'd have the same chakras/energy bodies as ourselves? If they're real, of course... Perhaps there is a "perfect physical body shape" which gives lifeforms access (physical and psychological) to the full extent of their subtle bodies?

I always wonder, when I speculate about these kinds of things, how far I am from the "truth..." Smiley

Kiwibonga, thoughtful post.  I too agree there is some sort of "guidance" going on, not a "thinking" guidance as in the traditional image of God looking over us little critters here on Earth, but I do have a strong sense that we are evolving a certain way (into humans for now) because it is necessary to the entire physical and metaphysical universes well being and development.  Evolution is happening, but there is a real reason why it's happening.
Pages: [1] 2 3