The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 30, 2022, 14:47:16

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21
26  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Mushrooms in test conditions on: March 14, 2012, 22:12:23
Probably not linked to solar flares, but we've had some unseasonable weather lately.

Contributing

http://www.fungi.com/mycotech/petroleum_problem.html

http://www.fungi.com/mycotech/mycova.html

http://www.google.ca/search?sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=mycoremediation&btnG=Search
27  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Artificial Enzymes Created on: December 31, 2011, 22:42:56

One more step closer to synthetic humanoids

http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/News/2008/March/06030802.asp
28  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Why don't we remember before? on: September 24, 2009, 22:26:09

I'm not sure if I like the explanation by kailaurius .  Too many rules and loopholes, you're not allowed to corrupt your other self? C'mon that's just plain silly.

Brains are the antenna/translator, it grounds energy  and transforms it into ordered information (i.e time) and helps to program our personality.  Our spirit is the energy and tends to be unordered (no time).  Our brain evolved and develops (ontology) in specific steps to allow a smooth transition of experience and energy from our spirit(s).  You wouldn't put a big-block v8 engine into a firefly without major modification.

We had to develop in order to "remember".  All the info is already stored, and is "floating freely" for our brains to translate it.  Sadly, when our physical brain melts into nothingness, our human specific memories will "stop".  The memory of your specific brain will still exist floating around, but by then you'll be uninterested in having a human brain translating your info, you probably won't seek out that form.

So it's "impossible" to remember your past human brain because it already rotted away, all that's left is the energy memory of that brain configuration in the akashic record.                                             

People with past live memories are viewing them through their higher self, which is transcribing the information that your past brain interpreted from a lesser formed higher-self. 

Confused yet? There are less evolved and more evolved forms of your higher self that exist in the astral.  Some possess experience from your "past" lives, some possess experience from your "future" lives............

Um I lost my point/

29  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Love, and it's wonders... on: March 27, 2009, 18:44:21
RULES:

1) Don't be nice.  Kindness IS weakness.
2) Take what you want, offer no excuses.
3) All women are flakes, being fickle is an evolutionary trait.
4) All women cheat. Unless you can catch them in the act you can't  mention it.
5) Men are doers, not thinkers.
6) Men are NOT allowed  to show love the same way as a women.
7) Men do things women "hate" because they have to. I don't enjoy culling calves, whale hunting or drowning kittens, but I have to do it. Women secretly love this ruthless ability to be completly vicious.
Cool Love is not the end product of existance.  It won't save you.
9) Don't be emotional, thats for girls.
10) If you think that after 6 years of marriage you can finally let your guard down and relay your innermost desires, fears and dreams, YOU'RE WRONG.  Instantly she'll realize she made a mistake. It's all or nothing.
11)  You must win the battle everyday , just because you put in the time, doesn't mean she'll want to be with you tomorrow.
12) Never say sorry.
30  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Stumbled upon automatic writing and now i feel a presence, need some advice on: March 23, 2009, 16:06:24
Why does everything "paranormal" need some sort of anthropomorphic attachment to it?      It's not an energy, it's a "spirit".  You're putting too much personality into these things.  There's no way to truly know if these influences are "benign" or "evil" or what ever. 

I'm sure if you went to some "guru" or "spiritual leader" they'll have you convinced that
1) it is either the work of the devil or an evil spirit   
2) That you should stop at all costs.

Automatic writing is a personal reflection. Don't become psychotic and insist that something "else" is influencing you, that is the path to complete mental breakdown (delusions). 
31  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Seattle and Vancouver on: March 17, 2009, 16:13:28
   Interesting.  A volcano  near anchorage alaska was just raised to orange level.

I am interested in how you acquired the specific dream knowledge. Either you are a good story teller or else you have some very informative dreams.

Anyway, the pacific northwest has always been active, so predicting an earthquake of considerable magnitude will occur within the next two years is not too difficult.

A magnitude 6.5 earthquake occured offshore of Vancouver island last fall.  No one felt it.
32  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: HELP! Constantly Being Attacked/Harrassed By Unknown Entities on: March 10, 2009, 18:15:20
When I feel depressed, I simply look at what is going on in my mind and body, and I try not to engage with the thoughts it is bringing up.

When I'm depressed it's because I'm out of cash.  Damn upper-middle class lifestyle, still won't let me afford the many many luxuries I need to get by (snowboarding every weekend, steak diners, shallow trophy girlfriends). I must support my opulent and lavish lifestyle. Ostentatious  me.  My insurmountable sense of entitlement is only outsized by my massive ego and reproductive organs.

So I go out and get in a fight (the 3 cycles of steriods I've done makes me have violent mood-swings).    My girlfriends love to see me get in a fight.   Typically after that I will litter and drive home drunk.  After I yell at my two of my ex's on the phone (they're always calling me up for child-support) I go home and have unprotected sex with several different partners.

I still can't figure out why I'm depressed.
33  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: This has happend before on: March 10, 2009, 18:01:03
No mention of the ordinary outsiders who stop by the planet to chat once in a while. It's always "oh no here come the outsiders to destroy our way of life"

Haha there are no benign entities in a paranoid delusion.   All are out for evil purposes.  The super advanced alien race wants us to mine gold and copper. Or to use us as cattle. How primative (how human).
34  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: I want to change/not sure how on: March 10, 2009, 16:49:39
New energy ways opens up doors.

It sounds like you need to do some grounding and shielding exercises.
35  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: This has happend before on: March 10, 2009, 16:27:18
Those who cling to religious belief (as opposed to faith)

Many people study theology for this one argument.  Belief vs. faith. 

would say with no qualms that the 'alternative' creation stories (atlantis, lemuria, etc.) are more supported by the bible than current scientific understanding of evolution and/or history.

There are many different verbal traditions and creation myths that are heavily ignored. Polynesian and native american traditions.  Central and south americans. The maori and coastal Haida (antigen HLA Bw48 ). The Colonizing christian sects put out considerable effort and energy to all but rape and destroy all other peoples whom they deemed "pagan". 

***tangent*** Western world still ignores China. Just WTF have they been doing this whole time? They live on a different time-scale. I still cannot understand why they haven't taken over. But that's a whole other story.
36  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Antigravity, antigravity engines on: March 10, 2009, 00:36:45
This is all garbage pseudo science Buttttt

I recall reading online about ancient Vedic scriptures describing flying machines powered by mercury-tornados.

mercury has long been studied by alchemist, throughout history, many "magical" elixers contain mercury.

* edit*

So it is a major "selling" ploy for new-ager type esoteric pseudo-science crap to be sold over the net. It doesn't matter if you pay for anything, they take hold of you with mindless jargon that any kindergarten child would ignore as bull-pucky.  Seemingly supported by "ancient scriptures" and "quantum physics"  the intent is to impart psychotic conditioning, and make you assume huge logic leaps in everyday life. (that coffee girl looked at me strange SHE MUST BE A ZETA RETICULLIAN GREY CLONE BIO_ROBOT TRANSUBSTANTIATED USING LORENZ FORCE GENERATORS AND TORSION FIELD SCALAR ORGONE ENERGY)

Vortex's are cool. WOW A TORNADO! What a spectacle of creation! HOW DOES IT WORK? I CAN'T IMAGINE WHY THEY HAVE SO MUCH POWERFULL ETHERIC ENERGY TORQUE NEGATIVE ENTROPY FREE_ENGERY TESLA SUPERCONDUCTION ELEMENT 115 bob lazaar

37  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: This has happend before on: March 09, 2009, 17:59:41
They are caught in a situation where everyone expects them to call the shots and take all the blame, their parents and friends thrust them into these positions, they don't have a moment of peace, everyone is out to get them, and yet everyone uses them as the yardstick by which all evil is measured.

Too true, everyone is a cog in the proverbial machine.  People at the top keep the "system" running, for personal gains or for altruistic gains (keep people working).  Can you compare a head-manager of wal-mart to a head-manager of a defence contractor?   

If scientists publicly announced that say, civilization started 20 or 30 thousand years ago, give or take a few thousand,  instead of six thousand years ago or so.... if scientists discovered and announced Atlantis and Lemuria existed and announced it to the world- if the governments that haven't done so yet publicly admitted they know that extraterrestrial life is possible, and possibly here- how would that change anything at all regarding today's power structures?

First off it would nullify the bible. (isn't that the goal of science?)  It would mean that we aren't unique (in gods eyes).  Or worse off, It would show that humans are middle-management (at-best).  We'll be stuck wearing sears-tailored suits, polyester ties and mingleing at terrible christmas parties with boors you can't stand.  While the upper-management sit smugly, burdeoned with stresses we couldn't begin to contemplate (where is  the next planet we should terra-form? what "miracles" shall we bestow upon the profane?)
38  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: Countless Theories on Nibiru & 2012. on: March 06, 2009, 16:55:51
I think all mythology has a basis in reality. As an example, the last of three giant sarcophagai to be found in the 70's, that were described in the Sumerian Tablets, was found to be full of broken animal bones from a wide range of different species, and all covered in Tar.. which was and still is in abundance in the regions that were ancient Sumer. Once restored and assembled at the British Museum, the report I saw said, "These are creatures from our mythology and nightmares." Interestingly, the Tablets told us these creatures were failed genetic experiments that were euthenased, broken up and sealed in pitch within massive sarcophogai many metres long, wide and about 1.8 metres high... which is what was last found in the 70's.

I am very interested in this. Do you have any links? where were these sarcophagai found?  the tar in sumer, not unbelievable of course becuase of the abundance of oil there.  Do you know of any ancient texts describing this tar?

I've always wondered about the presence of fossil fuels in the ancient world.  Oil seems to have been abundant and I am curious about the alchemy behind it's ancient understanding. 
39  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: This has happend before on: March 06, 2009, 16:47:38
How many times has it happened before?

What would a glacier do to New york city? A million years would probally erase all traces of human civilization. A million years is nothing. 

Just how many times have we been this "advanced?"  Excavations of ancient cities (middle-eastern Baghdad, jerusalem, turkish cities, egypt) are turning up more and more ruins, extending the known time of inhabitation further and further into the past.

I've heard references to Hopi legends claiming this is the third time.  How many Pangea (gondwana land) cycles has there been? How can we really ever know?     

When the rocks containing the fossils of our past gets recycled in the earths mantle, our memory is erased. 

We can say that we're the "most advanced" civilization, how will ever really know?  Everything turns to dust.  Those who know try very hard to keep the truth from us, just like the dark ages.

40  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Living without a soul on: March 02, 2009, 17:03:43

Everything that exists in this universe has an energy associated with it. To say that a stone , or tree , or bird doesn't have a  soul is to deny it's existence as a member of your experience. 

Are you aware that you have a soul? I'm sure some humans aren't aware of their own soul. Ignorance is not an excuse.

Everything leaves an echo.  What has been done cannot be un-done. We violently etch our existance into the source. We are branded, symbols of our individuality can be stored and written into the akashic.  Our physical beings are transient, but possess all the power our ancestors fought for.

The fact that  We can even contemplate the existance of a soul shows our spiritual evolution.  What greatness we are privaleged to possess!  The potential to be anything!   Can we pass the tests?   Will we be the next stewards of reality? or will we become a cosmic embarrassment?

41  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / Re: Why are people the way they are? on: February 23, 2009, 17:00:28
  Because it's an addiction.  You get stuck into an archetype. There are many archetypes. All people are a reflection of yourself in the end.  The idea is you select the people you want to be around you because they reflect the positive aspects of yourself.

You can control people through addiction. Criminals and drug dealers know this. The most expensive drugs are the most addictive. There is an anger in myself towards people who have the ruthlessness to control people in such a way. It sickens me how little energy they have to output to get the darkness to spread. Light takes much more energy and effort.

It seems like everyone is becoming more and more polarized. More extreme in their personality. More desperatation. 

I'm addicted to my way of life. (I've got shiny things, and food.)  It seems like I'm offered more opportunities to follow a dark path than the light. Perhaps the light path is simply not following the dark. I've got so many rules of engagement with people that I could be considered anti-social.  I just won't sleep with your girlfriend, no matter how hot she is, and even though she hits on me everytime you're not around.

Also it seems like people are afraid to leave the animal behind. Compassion and empathy are considered a weakness amoung those who are close to their animal self.  My compassionate self feels sorry for those so clouded, they'll never fully realize their purpose, Like a wounded animal. fight or flight.

Put that clown face on every morning. Don't be afraid about being laughed at.  It's easy to laugh with others. It's hard to laugh by yourself. 

I guess the real question is are you a laugh starter or follower?  Is malicious humour un-funny to you? or do you revel in the failure of others?  Most people just laugh because someone else is.
42  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Morphic Resonance..... on: February 13, 2009, 17:32:06
I cannot imagine how 'bringing back someone'  would have anything to do with this, since it's just a matter of a preexisting form causing an imprint in the morphic field, so that the physical world is now able to repeat it given the right physical conditions.

Well ,that's not the entirety of morphic fields. While morhpic fields are thought to be the "blueprint" or "mold" of physical probabilities, morphic resonance can also cause some rather weird or "psychic" phenomena.

In Sheldrakes book he studies Dogs who are aware of when their owner  decided to leave work and head home. Removing scheduling and changing the times that the owner leaves work, or "decides" to head home, the dog still knows.

Another study (mostly anecdotal) refers to moments that war widows "knew" that thier husband has died, well before they are informed of this tragedy by officials. 

Other references include mind-reading parrots, studies on mobile homing-pigeon roosts, and of course the sense of being stared at (studied using close caption cameras across the country).  Amputee's where even asked to "touch" test subjects with their phantom limbs. Eventually test subjects (I suppose through a yet misunderstood aspect of self-programmed bio-feedback***) were able to "feel" being touched by this phantom limb.

very mind blowing

**** the energy sensations one experiences through meditation and NEW in particular, seem to me to be a part of a greater bio-feedback system that has been latent and dormant in humans for some time. Every time I'm doing these energy manipulations, I can't help but feel like I'm "learning" how to raise these energies more effectively.
43  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Morphic Resonance..... on: January 16, 2009, 23:39:05
I have no idea about bringing back a lover. Seems possible.  Rupert Sheldrake is the guy who coined the terms.  He has several books out
"the sense of being stared at" is a good one to start.

Google is a wonderful tool.
44  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: A little much needed astral pulse humor on: January 16, 2009, 23:35:16
Q:  What sexual position produces the ugliest children?

A: Ask your mom!

45  Healing / Welcome to the Healing place! / Back Problem on: December 18, 2008, 19:33:31
I've got a major blockage. Huge energy buildup in my root and splenic chakra. It isn't going up, or even leaving, far as I can tell it's just cycling between the two chakras.

I know exactly why too. Stress related to work is a major cause, however, the fact I somehow managed to completely isolate my heart chakra (for "practical" reasons) in some way has seriously caused me major harm. I know I need to express myself, but it is completely useless to do so. I've already tried many exercises to get the energy out, both physical and mental and Practical (writing letters I'll never send etc), short of actually calling up the people I need to express myself with (again "practically useless") I have done everything.

Before you actually say "blah blah blah you need to let your heart free, tell those that need to be told etc etc" could someone just send me a little bit of reiki?  I need to reopen the heart pathway, but it is impossible for me to do so. Every little bit helps.

I know I'm being stubborn. But it's a useless situation. Both are going to resist it until it we're both "over it" , it's been a while now already and this is the worst it's been.  My imagination isn't helping either.  I've already tried to "move-on" but because of this day and age (and all pervasive "game-playing") it is only further closing off my heart.

Soooo reiki please. It'll help, a bit.      I have to end this relationship, this is the only way to do it. I've already said my last words, and I will not be the one who collapses under the pressure. It wasn't a healthy relationship anyway, it was all just a fantasy, a micro cosm, a fishbowl.      Not real life, but a fanciful image of what could of been.

46  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Astral plane as "time machine" on: December 18, 2008, 17:09:35
Here's my observations:

1. Time exists in astral, however there is no "tick" it is simply a measure of "progress". (or understanding/perception)

2. Places in the astral can be seen as be seen as "timeless", because of the metaprogramming or the fact that no observable* changes in the landscape have taken place. *observable to you*

3. You can request to travel "backwards" in time, however this isn't time travel itself as the astral (akashic in particular) has already been "overwritten" infinite times over.  What you are seeing is an interpretation of what occured.

4. The viewing of "astral past" and "reality past" are two different executions, however are not exclusive to eachother (they typically blend).  It is nearly impossible to distuinguish an astral symbol that exists in the "reality past" from true events that occured. "astral past" is simply the history of the "astral plane".

5. Observations alter the astral landscape. New perceptions and understandings also alter the astral landscape.

I could go on for a loooong time, but many of these concepts are lost with words.

One anecdote:
  Astral landscapes in my mind (the overall geography anyway) tend to be pretty stable.  Some places I haven't visited in a while stay stagnant, others I haven't visited in a while have changes (minor or major). Typically however I am instantly aware and understand how these changes took place (the story is already "known" to me because my life experiences/dreams have already written these intructions to take place)**. Astral perception is uniquely individual, even if changes to the astral are a result of global changes, and have little to do with you as an individual, they are still absorbed into your being, and as part of the whole, you create a perception that is intimate with your own personal being.

** yes written, because although you may be observing these changes for the first time you must first structure it into symbolic representations.
47  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Love is for the Ugly on: December 15, 2008, 20:03:25
  ps.  My pretty friend is very lonely and very frustrated, because she never found the right guy.  So this shows that
a- pretty people have feelings just like not-pretty people
b- they are not necessarily any happier
c- they have more chances of reproducing and spreading out their genes (more sex with different partners)
d- people that have successful long standing emotionally rewarding (presumably) relationships have less chances of  spreading around their genes, so are at an evolutionary disadvantage.

I wasn't implying that "pretty" people feel "less" love (or are any less compassionate etc) than the less physically attractive (that would be presumptious and also demeaning), although my first post did refer to brangelina... 
48  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Love is for the Ugly on: December 15, 2008, 16:07:17
but love wouldn't be, because it goes almost the opposite, and that would be against evolutionary success- the successful pairing of people that genuinely love each other guarantees that there won't be an interchange of genes except for that exclusive union, keeping gene recombining to a minimum, which is not good from the point of view of evolution.

Ah but the maternal instict for nurturing ,which could be considered a form of love evolved as a way of creating a healthy upbringing for their young by ensuring that two partners will be together to long enough that the offspring could fend for themselves. A majority of animals do this for some period of time (even earwigs!) humans must do this because we are helpless when we are delivered into this world.  Animals that have more advanced development (many reptiles, insects etc) are able to disreguard this evolutionary tactic simply from sheer numbers and genetic predisposition. (however they are more sensitive to environmental changes)  I would say in this arguement that the female species, because they typically raise the young would have a stronger predisposition to being in "love" simply becuse they are more invested in the upbringing. 

and none of these animals have the concept of esthetics

I disagree, "good" genetics in healthy animals are portrayed by thick coats, large antlers etc.  There is a form of esthetics for the animal kingdom.

To be fair, though, I would say that there are also subtle signals that tell others when someone sleeps with too many others, which could potentially spread disease and become a biological risk. It doesn't matter if the person is attractive or not, there are few who want to be with anyone who has too many sexual partners.

I've noticed this as well, there's little alarm signals that are set off when certain words or phrases are used.  I've also started to wonder the true role of viruses and bacteria in the world.  Some have put a biblical/religous tone to the argument, however I would say that it's simply a check and balance system that evolved long before humans walked the earth. 

49  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Altered states of consciousness (A hard read) on: December 12, 2008, 00:50:16
Truly I think that these people of the dark are inclined to keep us in the dark.  We run our lives simply as cogs in a machine, and only on rare occasions can we truly contemplate the here and now. 

Keepin us stuck in this system in order to fuel something or delay our progess perhaps?  Our choices and actions and thoughts make us what we are, but have you ever wondered why violence and malicousness seems to be celebrated? why are the soap operas full of negative fear induced emotions are so popular? Why are happy celebrities ignored?  Do we all wish to see our brothers and sisters suffering to make our position in life seem that much better?
50  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Love is for the Ugly on: December 12, 2008, 00:43:04

Hey all

I've been away (lurking).  I've been having some rather lame thoughts about the nature of the emotion we collectively call love.  New research has shed some insight into the brain chemicals and neuro-transmitters that produce the euphoric feeling of being in love.  I don't claim to know what love really is, however, in a simple biological context it seems to be a survival strategy.

An idea I had was that Love is a survival strategy for people of whom their outward genetic characteristics (or phenotypes) are what many would superficially see as being a flaw or weakness.  Ugliness is understood on a primal level and so is beauty. Something in the human mind processes a pretty face/good body as being signatures for good genetic stock. This makes us want to mate with them, without even knowing anything about them (for instance hidden genetic triggers for cancer, and mental illness).  Yet studies are showing that the Ken and Barbie outward appearance can be linked to good genetic health and virility.

So basically my question is an opinion one:   Do you think that love is an evolutionary mechanism to help us disreguard physical appearance and create a partnership with people that have "less than desirable" genetic traits?  Do you think that the feeling of connection between two average looking individuals is stronger than Brad pitt and Angelina? You know the saying "a face only a mother can love".

My arguement is simply that pretty people don't need to love because their outward appearance will guarantee them a comfortable life full of mating opportunities.   

Please go on any tangents you have about the subject.

Read about the effects of ocytocin. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21