The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 07, 2021, 15:32:54

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: everyone on: May 06, 2011, 23:55:10
The kid either has multiple computers (wouldn't surprise me) or uses computers at his school to register.

On topic, I prefer Munroe's focus system to Kepple's... but usually stick with good ol' eastern philosophical labels.
There is a thing called Proxy that hides your IP in case you weren't aware of that. Some internet users also have dynamic IP that can change many times per day.
2  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Osama Bin Laden's Primary Focus No Longer F1! on: May 03, 2011, 22:18:48
I generally dislike videos with "truth" in the title but this one is really true - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM3Z1lWMeRI
3  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Osama Bin Laden's Primary Focus No Longer F1! on: May 02, 2011, 19:28:12
Funny title cheesy
4  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Do not believe on: April 30, 2011, 13:53:45
But do you believe you can astral project?
Depends on how you view AP. I think our mind can go outside the body. But I try not to make it a belief. I realize that I don't have much evidence about it. So I can't give a yes/no answer to that like Volgerle explained.
5  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Do not believe on: April 29, 2011, 22:57:21
That's easier than deciding (for example) to not believe something, and then ignoring data that supports this belief.  That's the basis for a lot of pseudo-skepticism.
It's not really like that. There are for example a lot of data showing that the earth is round, but I don't "believe" that it is round or not round. I think the earth is round based on all that data, I'm not ignoring anything. You can still have opinions and thought about what is correct and incorrect but when it becomes a "belief" it becomes a problem as I tried to point out in my first post.
I'm not familiar with pseudo-skepticism.

But for the most part, don't believe or disbelieve... put it in the "maybe" pile and wait until there is sufficient evidence or proof to form a conclusive "known" later.  Smiley
That "maybe" pile is nice Smiley But we can never "know" anything as my first link points out. You can be 99.9% certain but you can't reach 100%. So I try not to use the word 'know'.
6  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Do not believe on: April 29, 2011, 21:55:18
When you believe in something, it becomes something you carry with you at all times.
You may disregard things that are true because they do not match what you believe.
If you encounter something new you may ignore it because you have spent so much time and energy on your current beliefs and don't want to waste that.

That's why my way of thinking right now is do not believe in anything, do not have beliefs. Instead just have thoughts and understandings about things. If you change your mind there is no belief you have to fight with.
I recommend trying this mindset and would like opinions on it Smiley

2 videos that I both strongly recommend that explains this better than me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S8AKHhNehU and
3:40 to 8:25 in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhErdDT3odA&t=3m40s
7  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: A great 50 minute interview with a scientist about the paranormal on: April 29, 2011, 20:57:56
Alright, never heard of him. It's quote ironic that scientists does stuff like that. Science is all about researching everything and find new ways to look at things. An important part in the scientific method is to try and disprove yourself, and if you fail your evidence becomes stronger.
8  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / A great 40 minute interview with a scientist about the paranormal on: April 29, 2011, 19:47:31
Edit: the video was removed but uploaded again by the same user but this time it was 40 minutes instead of 50.
New link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frJpThIims8
It seems like the same video but a edited a bit.

He talks about NDE, LD, OBE, AP, all the good stuff we like grin It's a very scientific point of view and he seems to think that most of it is real.
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Classic OBE vs. Phasing on: April 29, 2011, 16:03:25
Are the other techniques for AP that differs much from phasing or are they all basically the same? Most techniques I have come across seems to be for classic OBEs.
10  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Take it easy guys. on: April 28, 2011, 20:53:24
Can I be team Bedeekin? Sorry... but I take my own side.  grin
I wanna join your team grin
11  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: God on: April 28, 2011, 19:50:19
I think god is a subjective perception of the supernatural wink
12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Phasing on: April 28, 2011, 19:22:30
so the question i should really be asking is, How is the WILD method done? is it any different from the phasing?
Many lucid dreamers have wrote their own WILD methods, but they're all basically the same. I don't think the methods for WILD are much different from Phasing. The main difference I can come up with now is the intention. Phasing for AP and WILD for LD's, and those are apparently the same speaking from Xanth's experience.
Here is one WILD guide that I'm not sure if I've read but I've read many posts from the same user and he is experienced: http://www.ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40115

Very good explanation Astral316. I have been unsure about it but that was close to a perfect explanation Smiley
13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Classic OBE vs. Phasing on: April 27, 2011, 18:52:39
Thanks for all the replies Smiley I feel that i have a better understanding of it now and what I do need more of is personal experience.
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Classic OBE vs. Phasing on: April 23, 2011, 22:41:53
I was wondering if Classic OBE and Phasing are just 2 different paths to the same destination. Or if they are different kind of experiences.

I've had more than 100 LD's that I personally don't consider AP (Xanth does). I've also had one classic OBE. First came the vibrations and the buzzing then i hovered out of my body. It was completely different from a dream. If some of those high-lucidity LD's I've had were actually AP then Classic OBE and AP is 2 separate things in my view.

Can someone who have experienced both Classic OBE and AP by Phasing comment on this?
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: LD --> AP on: April 23, 2011, 22:34:16
Yes, I like the classic OBE. I want to get to the vibrational state. Is a great experience... would I find myself soon in this state after waking myself up from LD?
I've experienced the vibrations a few times and I think most of them were after awaking from a dream. And I've awakened from dreams a lot of times so for me it has a rather low success rate. I'd recommend staying in the dreams Smiley
16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: The new easy method for entering vibration state I've discovered this morning!!! on: April 23, 2011, 00:26:35
I've always found it hard to do anything dream-related when going to bed in the evening. Waking up in the morning and then instantly start some technique works much better. It also bypasses relaxation techniques.
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: The new easy method for entering vibration state I've discovered this morning!!! on: April 22, 2011, 22:19:50
I read about this long time ago. So you are not alone about it. I tried it a little with no success but perhaps I didn't do it long enough or some other condition that was wrong, like being too awake.
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: LD --> AP on: April 22, 2011, 22:12:51
My first classic OBE (vibrations, buzzing sound) was after I awoke myself from an LD.
19  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE Fact or Fiction? on: April 22, 2011, 22:09:38
Here is a great video about belief-systems that I think everyone should learn from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S8AKHhNehU
20  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: What do you know about isolation tanks? on: April 18, 2011, 00:17:30
I've tried one but didn't get anything more than relaxation. I had lights on at all times which may have changed the outcome. I'm not sure what to think about the video with Joe Rogan. For me it was misleading. But I'm sure there are more people than him that have had those amazing effects.
21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Projecting after waking up on: April 18, 2011, 00:11:54
I have exited and re-entered dreams and that usually takes less than 10 seconds or so. And I felt that i was awake during that time. Any more and you may start getting more awake instead of more asleep as I think the goal is. Falling back to sleep before you become too awake.

If it takes more than a minute you might as well go to the toilet or something before falling asleep again. It seems the the "just woke up" that makes it easy to fall back asleep is gone by then.
22  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Punching people in dreams? on: April 05, 2011, 21:25:19
Here is an explanation I found:
It's because punching (like running) is a highly-coordinated activity that relies on proprioceptive feedback throughout the motion to work. Since the thalamus clamps down both on the transmission of the motor signals you'd need to effectively complete the motion and the perception of joint-motion data while you're asleep, everything feels bogged down and slow.

Compare that to 'flying', which is a), something we can't do normally, so we have no basis for comparison to see if it feels right or not, and b) superman-style flying about doesn't require significant body motion anyway.
source: http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/gg3dj/why_cant_i_throw_good_punches_in_my_dreams_i_cant/c1nbibg
23  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Lucid dreaming books on: February 27, 2011, 20:48:43
A while back I read LaBerge's book, "Exploring The World Of Lucid Dreaming".

I cant remeber what things I know came from there and what came from other sources but I remember thinking it was a decent book and being impressed by the scientific aproach he took.
I read that too a while ago. It is the only lucid dreaming book I have read so far. I really liked it.
24  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: dream with a duck on: February 27, 2011, 20:46:32
I often dream about ducks because I often feed them Smiley

Are you saying that you rarely remember dreams, but when you do they are nightmares? I have encountered that a few times but I don't know how to solve it. I think it starts with fear. You are afraid that you will have nightmares, and when you have one you will be more afraid of the next and there will just be more and more of them.
25  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Visiting the sun while having an obe on: January 26, 2011, 20:43:11
Someone on this forum (I think) linked this site a long time ago and i bookmarked it. It's written by an astral traveler (he seems to call it soul travel) that have visited many planets. Here is the link for the sun: http://www.soundcurrentrider.com/TheSun.html

I have not read the article about the sun but you may want to check the other pages on that site since as many of them contains claims that may be perceived as quite weird. Stuff like this: "Pluto is special in that it has no atmosphere but contains crystalline life forms of semi-high intelligence."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7