The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 16, 2018, 10:08:07

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: New experience! Big breakthrough. on: July 11, 2018, 09:46:25
I have a couple of thoughts about this. First of all, I am away from home and have been sleeping in a hotel eating "take-out" (or not at all)and just overall crap diet for 2 weeks. I also had nicotine (cigar) for the first time in a long while, the night of the event. Lots of people, here and other forums can get pretty hung up on diet, nicotine and other "no-no" substances. This is the unhealthiest, food wise, I have been in a VERY long time. I'm not saying just put crap in your body, and this was definitely not by choice, but I think the take-away was that I realized, that in the past, it had become a hang-up for me, almost an anxiety. Worrying about if my diet was affecting my progress because it wasn't "clean" enough or vegan or w/e else people suggest. Not worrying about it feels more "right" for me than to Google search a diet to get "woke", and diverting energy (sometimes negative) to that.

Also, when i sleep at home i like it to be silent when I sleep. Here, my room a/c gets a little noisy and it actually helped.

I can't say enough how big of a difference ACTUALLY having let go of my expectations made. Looking back they were more like needs, than expectations. I can't explain, because I'm not sure what was different.  I have laid in bed MANY nights and "let go of expectations", but I think now that, it was just something I was telling myself, and my ego wasn't really letting go. I guess it just takes practice..
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / New experience! Big breakthrough. on: July 10, 2018, 11:18:54
I'm in bed, thinking thoughts of AP I've been mulling for a day or 2. For the first time, I believe I truly dropped expectations for my experiences. As in: what I would learn, what they should mean, questions I wanted answered. I just said "if what I want or think isn't in the cards, so be it, I'm ok w/that." So these thoughts surfaced again as I'm in bed working on some "black" visualizations.**I have to say, I dreamed vividly last night, but i can't remember if it was after or before the NP. Dreams were very good. Got very positive interaction/reinforcement from some loose ends of my past and it felt GREAT.**

So I'm laying in bed, and I decide to try a trick a heard/read about a long time ago. My A/C sounds like the first part of waves at the beach. And by that I mean, like when you hear waves, either in person, or like a white noise/recording, there is clear audible of the wave "coming in" then crashing, then going back out.

My ac sounded like waves "coming in", and I focused on that noise and imagined, or "tried/focused" on hearing the crash, then the sound of retreating water. Idk how long it took, but it worked!! All of the sudden, I heard all the sounds of the ocean, and I knew I had "crossed over".

I started to feel energy(like I hadn't before), and I could feel that I could control it. Although, not well. Trying to move/circulated the energy felt a little like trying to ride a bike for the first time, very off-balance/inefficient. I could "see" images of a plain room with only a table, but I was also aware that my eyes were closed and I made sure to not jump the gun in opening "them". I then "heard" a voice say "So, you want to learn more about astral projection.". Not asking a question, but almost as a greeting/ice breaker statement. Letting me know they knew my intentions. It was a Male voice. I could feel different parts of my body lifting up. Idk how close I was to being free of that process, but I would imagine I had almost completed it.

The less control of the energy, and the more of my body I felt rising, the faster my heart beat, and I could feel I was losing it. I did, after a short while. Fully aware still. I tried moving once I felt the last of the energy and I could, no SP. I smiled, felt great about what had just happened, then went right to sleep.

I have had probably a handful of experiences in the last 6-7 months, but I have never had one like this. Also, I remember seeing 2 blocks in the room. Off-white/gray and pinkish/purple, maybe lavender colored. Made of a very porous material.

Anyway. It's been like 3 years since i first started learning about this, and this was by far the biggest milestone for me. I just wanted to share and maybe get some feedback or whatever. Thanks.
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: What was this? 3 experiences in 2 consecutive nights. on: April 23, 2018, 06:35:38
Hey Lumaza. I'm surprised it took this long for me to reply. In true fashion to myself, I read that entire thread, and many passages of the book, within a few hours.. Thanks for taking the time to suggest that.
I am in a deep flow right now (past week or so). Practicing every night, strong spirituality. Read some posts here that really resonated with me. I have recently realized how different my "sleep" conscious is from my waking state. In awake consciousness I have no fear of ap'ing, I want it, deeply and fully.

The other night I decided to wbtb, and when I woke up around 4-5, I could not make myself go downstairs to my pre-made bed on the couch to attempt. I was afraid that the experience would be negative, so I stayed in my bed. When I woke up I was really disappointed in myself, and couldn't understand why: one minute I'm totally free of fear and more than willing to go, but after 4-5 hours of sleep I'm fear stricken.. I've reflected on it, and decided that I need to realize that the reason I fear these things (energy, entities w/e), is that I fear something being able to control me. Not in a possessive way, but emotionally, and environmentally. As in, I don't trust my spirit(replace w/a word you're comfortable with) to be able to defend itself (w/e that means). I feel strong, and positive now, but that is what I will be working on for those late night attempts into the unknown I am trying to achieve.
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: What was this? 3 experiences in 2 consecutive nights. on: March 27, 2018, 02:25:33
I feel I should add that, when I said I have ways I want to view reality, it isn't some sort of filter that I willfully use to perceive things.
Rather, more of a predisposition to view things a certain way. A subconscious bias that I've identified by noticing patterns in my thoughts/ideas/conclusions.
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: What was this? 3 experiences in 2 consecutive nights. on: March 27, 2018, 01:00:38
Hello Xanth. The phrasing I used should be viewed in more of an existential context, not physical/literal. I have experienced reality shattering my beliefs many times. The cognitive dissonance is difficult to work through, but I got through it with some perspective shifts.

When it comes to my self, I am pretty honest (with.. myself  wink ), again, mostly the existential aspects are what I find myself working through. It sounds like a control thing, it's not.. Also, my "box" is always changing. I consider myself pretty open minded .I adopt, adapt, and discard ideas pretty frequently.

My worldview is not dogmatic, but there are ideas that I still cling to because of wanting to believe, or wishing them to be true. Sometimes this makes me see through that "lens", even though I am consciously aware of it.

I spend most of my "thinking" time in these states rather than "experiencing" what I believe will help me understand myself, and reality better(ie. NP).
Thanks for responding.
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: What was this? 3 experiences in 2 consecutive nights. on: March 26, 2018, 21:31:35
Hey Lumaza. Sometimes I feel it is difficult, sometimes I don't. I am also a spiritual person, then again, sometimes I'm not... One of the problems I've identified is that like anyone else, I have ways I want to view reality. There are things I want to be true about myself and reality/life in general. And when I try to fit meditation, or Astral Projection, or any other like these into my "box" I feel I get problems. I want (occasionally, this is not a chronic feeling) to know what it is, and make sure it is what I want it to be before surrendering to the mental conditioning, time, etc.

I will sort myself out. The mindset one must have to explore these subjects is very counterintuitive to me. But it is something I have, and can again overcome(or let got of). I just want plenty of time to meditate, and reflect.

Any advice you all have give is very much appreciated. And even if it's not advice, I just appreciate being able to share my thoughts. Thank you so much.
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: What was this? 3 experiences in 2 consecutive nights. on: March 25, 2018, 22:49:01
To be fully transparent, the reason I feel the need to discuss, or share these topics with the Pulse, is: 1) I can't talk to anyone I know about this stuff, at least in any meaningful way, 2) I feel until i gain a rational understanding, I will continue to be incessantly analytical of this subject, which I feel is really impeding any progress to be made. The dominance of the left hemisphere ebbs and flows, and during the ebb, I have made progress, but the flow is much more frequent and consistent. The goal of my practice, and meditation is to subdue the left and right brain and just "be open". But life sure does make it hard..
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: What was this? 3 experiences in 2 consecutive nights. on: March 25, 2018, 22:31:09
Thanks for the reply Lumaza. I do find issues with the term "non ordinary states". Most people, I think, quickly label any state *not influenced by outside sources (drugs, alc, etc) to be ordinary. The problem is, consciousness(or perception, I think is synonymous here) is fundamentally, and exclusively dependent on outside stimulus, and/or chemical interaction. So why make a distinction at all?

IOW, there is no "ordinary" state of awareness for which we can hold as arbiter of truth. Even while sleeping, the brain is still extremely active. Why is it the "awake " activity is ordinary, and asleep is "non"? Part of the reason I like exploring everything this site is about, is because I have these questions. I am not sold on the idea that when I am "asleep" I am "unconscious", because it's something I am starting to experience. And "if" I can remain conscious in both states, the "ordinary" moniker loses some of its explanatory power. The more I do and learn, the more it seems to lose.
 To me, it's like calling entangled particle interaction "non-ordinary" physics(which is kind of what Einstein did, I guess  undecided ). 1) it assumes we understand Newtonian physics as "ordinary"(we dont), 2) it arbitrarily denotes primacy to one set of data, when we don't fully understand either. This analogy is how I see "awake" vs "asleep", or, physical vs non-physical.

I know you didn't ask for my opinion. I don't intend to debate anyone on this, or change anyone's mind. My statements/questions are not directed at anyone, and are not meant to represent anyones portrayed views. Writing just helps me understand myself better, along with feedback from others. I do appreciate others views as well. Thanks everyone.
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: What was this? 3 experiences in 2 consecutive nights. on: March 02, 2018, 11:40:11
That's interesting Nameless. I have seen that idea posted here before, maybe even from you, but I don't remember specifically. Maybe I'm wrong, but in your best estimate, does that belief imply pure subjectivity of NP, and exclude any form of shared experience?

Of relevance, I recently learned of what practicing Pagans call "Ridge riding", which sounds essentially like AP, and is often a shared experience (allegedly, of course wink ). I have also heard of shared or identical dreams between individuals.

It doesn't matter too much to me, I am of the opinion that either view is valid, based on one's experiences. I realize these subjects have been hashed out extensively here before, I just find it interesting, and my ideas change all the time, swing of the pendulum, if you will.
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: What was this? 3 experiences in 2 consecutive nights. on: March 02, 2018, 00:31:48
To clarify about my "what was this?" question. I mean I had zero "symptoms" of AP, and used no "method" (roll-out, rope, etc) to project. One of the only things that stood out to me was the point of view: in dreams and when I recall them, they are almost always in 3rd person, or me watching myself, like a movie. These events I was 1st person(or, maybe, 1st AND 3rd person, if the makes sense). And also there was no "build-up as in: in LD and normal dreams, I normally become aware, or when recalling them, somewhere in the "middle" of a scenario. With these, it went directly from laying on my bed, to sitting Indian style NP.
11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Challenge: Memory on: March 02, 2018, 00:19:07
Hi, astral
        It's been 2 weeks, have you any results or consequence of your practice? I think I will try this for a bit as well. I do find this intriguing. Thanks for posting it.
12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: What was this? 3 experiences in 2 consecutive nights. on: March 01, 2018, 21:32:24
Thanks EscapeVelocity & Nameless!
This is actually not my *first experience of this kind..

The FIRST one was about 3 years ago. I was focusing in bed next to my partner, and the same kind of thing happened. I just sat up in bed and had vision of my exact room around me, sleeping partner included, only I seemed to be moving uncommanded, which scared me beyond belief. I was able to hold myself in the sitting position on my bed, and I leaned over the side of my bed to fall to the ground. It took an immense amount of strength and will power, just to hold still, and force myself to lean to one side and fall. When I hit the ground, I shattered into tiny pieces and "sat" as a pile of dust for a few moments, then woke up. Reflecting back on it, I thought I was possessed and that the entity wanted to use my body for evil. I have a family, so this is a risk I could not take. I actually woke my partner up scared and worried to talk, only to find out that they had a dream they were possessed by a "demon"... anything to make of this? Coincidence? I stopped for several years after that.

The reason I asked "what was this" is because it was more like a LD to me. I have experienced many "signs" during meditation, or practice or w/e you want to call it. But I was never able to "separate". Keep in mind I'm not suggesting that this is even what others experience, it's just what I had expected from reading countless blogs/forums. Trying to set up expectations, useless I know, it's just what our brains do, I am getting better at avoiding it. Also, no silver "cord". It could be that I just need to master being in that state before I am able to experience anything at all, like you said.
I'm guessing my clarity and perception/ awareness will get better with practice.
I'm ok with it being a dream I just wanted to see what everyone thought, because if it was AP, it is not what I thought it was, but, see above about practice also..
Im open minded, but I'm also very left-brained most of the time, and I'm hoping this doesn't hinder me. Although, I imagine Tom Campbell (and others)is pretty left brained, and we all know his positions.

One last thing. When I practiced years ago, i would get SP several times, and haven't gotten it once in the last 8 months or so. Thanks again!
13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: What was this? 3 experiences in 2 consecutive nights. on: March 01, 2018, 02:35:24
As I concentrated on getting "there" i woke up, not able to leave the room at all.
Now I'm laying in bed again, and.. You guessed, Indian style sitting, fall through the bed. This time I start "saying" the name of a friend to try to get to there house, and this time I don't even make it out of the dark plane through my bed before waking up. **Last one, sorry, I am having trouble posting a certain # of lines before the text box covers up the "Post" button. Thanks for reading.
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: What was this? 3 experiences in 2 consecutive nights. on: March 01, 2018, 02:33:47
The very next night the same thing happened, in the same room. Woke up around 0500, focused, and was sitting Indian style on the bed again. Leaned forward in the same manner as the first and fell through. Only this time I focused on not staying in the dark (no moans/waking this time) and the scene of the room starting to fade "in" from the perceived blackness. Much like a Power Point effect. Then I was hovering just above my bed waving back and forth. But I wanted to go somewhere cool, so the first thing that popped in my thoughts was "flowers, beautiful flowers ".
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / What was this? 3 experiences in 2 consecutive nights. on: March 01, 2018, 02:23:03
 Hello all,
        I have had what I want to call a breakthrough of sorts. Although, I feel as though I was left just on the cusp of what I "imagine" a full NP experience is.
       Night 1: I went to sleep in my guest bedroom. I had set "intent" before sleep (I think I just kept repeating "astral projection" to myself over and over). I woke up mid morning, and fell back asleep focusing on basically not feeling myself, and breathing. Then I "think" I fell asleep, though aware . I became aware in the position of sitting up "Indian style" on the very bed/room I fell asleep in. Next I thought to myself, I was going to try to "break through"(not literally), and all I did was allow myself to lean forward and fall through my bed head first. When I fell through I was floating in near darkness(density maybe half of water) and I could hear moans and "cries" all around, as well as shadows moving all about. I couldn't really move. I wasn't scared at all, but I realised if I couldn't move I didn't want to be hanging out there. So I "left" and became physically aware instantly, in bed. Next 2 continue in below post.

16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Very vivid Dream of AP on: October 23, 2017, 13:58:33
I will keep this as short and to-the-point as possible, as not to muddle it w/unneeded extras.
-- I laid down to sleep at around 0120, with the intent of waking up after an hour or so of sleep to try for an AP.
- I woke up very tired and in a daze. I forced myself to stay awake for at least a few minutes before trying. I got settled, and was having a hard time focusing (or "not" focusing as it would be). I drift off to sleep unaware.
- My dream starts off in the house I grew up in, very detailed, very vivid. I am lying in my bed trying to AP, when I start feeling the intense vibrations. I let them build and reach the deepest parts of my body (only took a few moments) them I just reached up quickly(like punching ones hand through a paper bag), kind of "jumped", and very quickly climbed out. I could see my body but it was translucent, or almost how ones skin might look in an unfamiliar lighing/atmosphere.
- I realized gravity did not have it's normal effects, so I fell right through the floor (on purpose). Then started gliding, which was much harder. I was gliding all through my house fairly quickly, but I was unable to stabilize myself; keep from spinning, stay in a straight direction. So i left my house and went soaring/spinning down my street, when I then closed my eyes and almost subconsciously desired to be taken somewhere (hope that makes sense).
- I float slowly out of a huge black opening, kind of shaped like a curtain (?) only a couple hundred feet high/wide. I am now in a very different place. The sky was much larger, things like, boulders or ravines/valleys were much larger, and much more vast. I felt a little like an ant. *The next part is fuzzy and I'm not positive how it plays out, so I'm omitting what I "think" I remember*. So we are on a plane/plateau "in the sky" and there is a parade going on. I start talking with someone while walking(don't know if I "knew" them or not) when all of the sudden a man came up to us/him and was questioning him being hostile. I interjected with what I can remember as a "come on man just leave us alone like everyone else", and he turned to me wild-eyed and said "Funny, your friend doesn't LOOK like a vampire." W/a tiny sliver of bright red blood running down his fang. I wasn't scared, I just knew I didn't belong there, and would prefer if no one else found out. So I jumped in the parade and started marching/playing my fingers like a flute (and yes making beautiful music, go figure.) After marching I am now in the front of a crowd of people sitting with a select group, when all of the sudden, I realize I don't see my "friend" from earlier.
- Somehow I knew what happened. Behind the crowd under this little over hang (think, outdoor amphitheater, there was a closet sized black hole that I had assumed to a bad place, and I "knew my friend went down there, willingly or forced. So I hastily got up and was making my way to the hole and the speakers/crowd were getting anxious, yelling, trying to get me to not go down there. But I had to try to help the other person so I dove in. It was like a bottomless pit, pitch black and I just kept falling. It was almost like sky-diving, which I enjoy, so I was not responding to the situation negatively at all. After what seemed like.. a long enough time to fall, I closed my eyes and raised my thoughts, and ended up floating down to my body on my dream bed in the old house. The transition was very shaky, and after several long seconds I decided I didn't want to go back after all,  so I stood up on my bed and tried to JUMP out of my body. No dice... I slammed my head hard and fell to the bed stunned.
- I got up, looked out my window to a church parking lot, where there was a festival going on. Which was pretty common in real life, and the recall of that scene seems vivid/accurate. Then, I noticed someone had broken into my house. I was pretty scared and didn't know what to do. My door was locked. I laid down to try to project away to keep safe (great idea, huh?.. rolleyes ) Then I noticed my shotguns were beside the door so I started to load one, as the perp was headed to my door. All very dramatic. *The end. Thanks for reading.

17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Getting ready! on: October 23, 2017, 01:16:19
Hello everyone. Long-time reader, first time posting. I have only been practicing AP for about 10 days, albeit consistently, aside from a week or so about 2 years ago. When I practiced before, I had(what I now know) pretty solid progress. Meaning, unbelievable vibrations within a week, and an experience that I think(only recently) was a possible projection (of sorts). The problem is/was, that experience made me want nothing to do with the art, because of how terrifying it/the implications were. I will describe what happened here if someone thinks they can help (or probably at a later post regardless), but this is not typical of the "fears" most experience (from extensive research on my part).
    Next-- I started practicing again (have no idea what drew me back..), and I got the vibs' again after a few days, also had a dream (?) that I partially separated. I say dream because I was def not in waking conscious, but I was trying as I fell asleep. Although I will say that when I "woke up" from said dream early in the am, I thought I had done it, but maybe was just very tired and couldn't quite remember. Not unlike someone waking you early to tell you something, and only remembering parts, or none of the conversation. Finally -- I have recently (pretty much today)found a mindset to set the fear aside. However, it seems that my usual progress I make from technique has all but vanished. I am practicing 1-2 times a day, everyday. Usually one afternoon "nap" and the wbtb method in the morning. I am on vacation for the next 2 weeks, so plenty of time to adjust and what-nots. More than happy to discuss techniques and/or any other details to paint a clearer picture. I am just very relieved to be able to talk to someone about all this. I make the mistake of telling a family member about the incident 2 years ago, and they basically called me a devil worshipper. Which bothered me because I do have faith (a discussion for another post). Anyway, after reading loads of content here, I appreciate how you all "seem" to converse, and share yourselves/ideas bbetween each other. And I am truly grateful for that, so thank you.
Pages: [1]