The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 13, 2017, 11:06:58

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 407
26  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: My theory on reincarnation. on: August 23, 2017, 03:12:37
My biggest intent would be to help balance out my past negative actions. But I also want to do it to see them succeed and I feel like this would be a good idea cause it would clearly bring them and their children out of poverty. The only thing I would expect in return is to feel like I did my best to fix the problems I have caused through my ignorant actions of the past. And naturally with that I hope to have a better incarnation next time. For me it's very important that I try to fix the wrongs of my past. But of course I want to see them succeed too. Cause in my mind if I don't do this they will suffer and be stuck in perpetual poverty for the foreseeable future. And I think I found a way to help them in the most altruistic fashion imaginable, which I think I will start a new thread on.
Just remember that your "Intellect" has no bearing on that decision.  Everything you just talked about above, usually happens in LESS than a split second of thought.  Right?

It's like when you see a little old lady reach for a door and begin to struggle... you lunge into action and help her open the door.
Now the question is, did you not think about that and simply lunge or was there a brief second where you thought about helping, yet still did?

That's why this stuff is difficult to judge... if you bring you intellect into such decisions, the it's usually done for the wrong reason.

The rule of thumb I adhere to is if you have to think about something (however long that thought is, could be microseconds), then it's not a self-less act.

Do you kind of understand what I'm trying to say?  It's something that's hard to quantify in a typed discussion.

Perhaps I should try a Skype discussion one day.  LoL
27  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: My theory on reincarnation. on: August 22, 2017, 19:30:59
So let me ask if one gets a lot of money and gives it to their needy family does that count for good karma?
Why are you giving the money?
Because you're a good person and don't want to see anyone struggle?
Or because one day they'll owe you one?

The action itself is meaningless.
The point is the INTENT behind why you did the action.
28  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: How do I reincarnate into a family members child? on: August 20, 2017, 14:51:24
ROFL!!!  Oh you guys... Wink
29  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: How do I reincarnate into a family members child? on: August 20, 2017, 01:15:56
Well looks like we have some different views here. It could be that there is truth in both of them. I tell you what if some higher being tells me that I have to reincarnate into some crappy life, I will leave and get a second, third, fourth opinion and so on from someone else. And if that doesn't work I will go do something else, learn some new lessons someplace else to get a better reincarnation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

evil grin
30  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Oversouls and Parallel Realities on: August 17, 2017, 23:34:07
What you described probably is a ridiculous concept, but it isn't the concept I meant to describe in the OP. A more sensible hypothesis for the multiverse is that if we viewed our reality as a movie, for each "frame" of reality, we calculate a finite set of the most probable outcomes. Then using some kind of "hashing" algorithm we reduce the set to only those outcomes that are significantly different.

At this point you may repeat the forecast for a finite number of frames into the future and continue reducing the set until you have a practical number of, high probability to be significantly different, universes. Our initial set of trillions of possibilities may result in ten alternate universes that may be worth a true "clone" or branch in the multiverse.

The cost of performing the probable next state at a "quantum" level may not be high or even an issue. It is likely this very same mechanism is used to calculate what our next real frame is going to be like in actual reality. When viewed in this manner the computational complexity of calculating parallel realities isn't any different to the complexity of calculating one reality for a longer time span.
I think I follow you.  Sort of a smaller version in order to save on memory? 
Kind of like recording every 10th bit instead of every bit in order to room? 
31  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Oversouls and Parallel Realities on: August 17, 2017, 20:06:45
this begs a even bigger question that this post made me thing of, don't worry its still on the topic of realities. Are we in this "present" moment even the original decision makers that  all these alternate and parallel realities even spawned off of, or are we just another one of or original selves parallels or alternate selves, playing out their untaken decisions, like what ever decision he/she doesn't make we are stuck with? or Maybe i'm just thinking too outside the box to which we don't know.
*assuming* this parallel reality thing is how reality worked (which I don't believe for a second it is)... YOU ARE YOU.  Regardless of what reality you're a part of, you are you. 
Does that make sense?  You are you.  The other you in a different parallel reality is that a different you.  Another you in yet another reality is yet another different you.  All separate.

Take the teleporter / copy example...
Someone creates a teleporter which doesn't really teleports you, it actually just copies you and then destroys the original.
Well, assume there's a problem and the "original" you isn't destroyed... who is the real you then?  The you who stepped on the teleporter?  Or the you who was copied? 
You're both IDENTICAL in every way, right down to the smallest part of you... you're both YOU.  You could discuss that one until the cows come home.  LOL
32  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Oversouls and Parallel Realities on: August 17, 2017, 13:01:50
One thing seems sure: you aren't a rock star ...  smiley

The parallel universe model seems to have no overlap with the reincarnation / karma / soul development models. Trying all the possibilities, just because there is a Universe infinite on all its dimensions, seems a mind blowing waste.
Yeah, that point always threw things away for me.  The idea that each time a choice is to be made that all choices actually play out is a catastrophic failure.  It would have to be applied on a microscopic level... or even quantum level.  Anytime an atom changed positions a new reality is created for each possibility.  That's an absolutely ridiculous concept. 

Everything that happens in this reality points to a minimal approach to its design.
33  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Musically Minded on: August 15, 2017, 02:18:49
If I do listen to anything anymore, it's binaural beats in one form or another.
Then I'll run it through my Kasina light machine.  Mostly I'll just sit in silence... or not silence.  Doesn't much matter to me anymore.
I can tune just about anything out now.
34  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Nothing interesting on: August 13, 2017, 22:13:54
There ya go! It's a sign.  Smiley
35  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hello there on: August 13, 2017, 22:13:29
I remember ya!  Welcome back.  Smiley
Always nice to see people coming back to the forums.
36  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is there racists in the astral? on: August 13, 2017, 22:11:08
@Xanth, thinking all the water in the tub is the same. I find this offensive on behalf of water, which is part of me.  tongue
I just read this now. LoL

Personally, I pee in the tub.  So meh.  Wink
37  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: I thought I was Jesus!! on: August 10, 2017, 21:30:36
Whether or not humans have 'divine' powers or if Jesus existed, is existing, or will exist, is beyond what I can display, or prove at this time. But, being the best version of myself is surely divine to me, it has inspired, brought great love, big smiles, and laughter to others. To me, that is a holy, mystical, Messiah-like experience. It truly changes the world and lifts up lives. That's what Jesus is about, no?
It's supposed to be entirely what "Jesus" is about.
But realize that Jesus had very little to do with it... YOUR actions are what made it happen, not Jesus. 
You have to choose to act. 

I'm always flabbergasted when people write off their own actions under the power of some other being.   hehe
THAT makes me smile.  In the end, whatever motivates you to do something good ultimately doesn't matter... just do good.

I just wish more people realized that the power to do good doesn't come from anywhere but within them and that power was always there, they only had to choose to bring it out.
38  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: I thought I was Jesus!! on: August 10, 2017, 13:10:14
I was too lazy to read the other posts. I just want to say everyone can be their own version of Jesus, their own unique Messiah and blessing to the world only they can be.
Realize what that means though.  If everyone can be their "own version" of Jesus, then Jesus doesn't exist and all that you want Jesus to be is actually already a part of you.
So just skip the middleman and grab hold of that power within you which you already have and run with it.  Smiley
39  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Nothing interesting on: August 10, 2017, 02:33:27
The only owner this forum has ever had is a British dude named Adrian.  Smiley
You're definitely thinking of somewhere else, not the Astral Pulse.

Even the other guy who you could consider to be an owner (but isn't anymore), Robert Bruce, is Australian.
40  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Nothing interesting on: August 09, 2017, 13:07:34
I don't know Adrian (site owner) all that well, but I can't remember him ever talking about toy planes. 

But yeah, welcome anyway!  Smiley
41  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Why isn't there an actual chatroom? on: August 09, 2017, 13:06:19
I've been here roughly seven years now and the forum is now as it was then.  No chat room.
The only chat room I've been a part of was the one I started in IRC for my own website.
It's still mostly active with some people who hang out there, but I haven't logged into it for a while now.
42  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Music on: August 04, 2017, 15:00:40
OBE requires your Mind Awake while your Body is Asleep (MABA). As long as you don't move any part of your body in the rhythm of the music you should be okay.
Consider for a moment that Marathon Runners are known to have "out of body" experiences while running... and I think we can quite agree that a Marathon Runner is quite actively moving their body at the time.  Wink
SO, we can extrapolate from this that the MABA state isn't required in order to project.  We can also extrapolate that all that is required is an intensely focused state, which is what these runners are in.
I can attest to it personally since I'm a long distance runner too.  When I'm doing a long run, sometimes I feel like I'm so focused on putting one foot in front of the other to simply keep moving that I could easily project with just a simple shift of Intent.  Smiley
43  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Larger consciousnesses system question? on: August 01, 2017, 02:37:30
As you wrote that you don't take my opinions seriously, I don't see any reason for wasting my time further.
I wouldn't take Plasma very seriously, or literal... he doesn't even know what he wants.
44  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Larger consciousnesses system question? on: July 31, 2017, 21:55:53
Any virtual reality (physical) system with constraints and boundaries are great learning experiences for spiritual growth.
That's why so many exist "out there".
45  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Larger consciousnesses system question? on: July 31, 2017, 13:01:26
Well considering this quote "You have access to everything that every is, was, or shall be" it makes it seem like you believe in determinism. Because if I have access to everything that will be that means that it's a solid state.
Ok, let me clarify that statement then...
You have access to the potentiality of everything that is, was, or shall be.
You can ultimately take only ONE path through your life.  Each choice you make fuels the next in some way.
The "free will" choices you make essentially determines the *YOU* you become and the spiritual growth you attain.
46  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Larger consciousnesses system question? on: July 30, 2017, 22:48:56
Thanks for your informative reply.
Do you believe there is free will based on the above quote? Thanks.
What does free will have to do with it?
47  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: "You Can't Always Get What You Want": intellect or character? on: July 30, 2017, 01:25:03
As Freud would probably say... sometimes a song, is just a song.  Smiley

For people who I want to spend my time with, I look for people who "get it".
48  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Larger consciousnesses system question? on: July 30, 2017, 01:23:35
So I heard Tom Campbell talking about the larger consciousness system, and how this system is still evolving. So my question is do we tap into this system?
You *ARE* the system.  Or at least one small piece of it.  However, small the piece you are, within you contains the entire system.
You have access to everything that every is, was, or shall be through the simple fact of what you are: Consciousness.

Like can we devolve or evolve based on where we are in this larger consciousness system? Like is this thing objectively out there and we are somewhere on this larger consciousness tree?
Like physically evolve or devolve?  No. 
The physical portion of you is what it is... it's part of this physical reality.

EDIT: I guess what I am really trying to ask is does a highly evolved being have better access to this higher consciousness system than a lower evolved being? Like are we someplace on the consciousnesses system scale? Or do we all have equal access anyplace on this consciousness system scale if given the chance? As you can see I have a hard time explaining what I really am asking. Put I hope you understand.
In a nutshell, yes.  EVERYONE has the same kind of potential access to the larger consciousness system, but it requires (as Tom would put it) one of a lower entropy in order to be able to listen to it.
49  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Nameless' Dream Journal on: July 28, 2017, 13:22:22
Stickied for motivation to post!  Smiley
50  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / OneWalk for Cancer for Princess Margaret Cancer Research Foundation on: July 25, 2017, 16:40:23
So in September the wife and I are partaking in a 25km walk for cancer in Toronto in September.
I think at this point in the history of the world, everyone either knows someone who has cancer or knows someone who has died from it.

http://www.onewalk.ca/site/TR?px=1448997&pg=personal&fr_id=1111&s_src=BF_emailbadge

It'd be greatly appreciated if you have some spare money and want to support a great cause to head to the link above and donate.
All money raised goes directly to the Princess Margaret Cancer Research Foundation.

Thanks everyone!  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 407