The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 18, 2017, 12:13:01

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: The Doorway on: July 21, 2017, 22:09:13
Just thought I would share that I was able to experience the vibration stage for the first time 2 days ago. I've been attempting the FILD technique with no success getting lucid. I went to bed usual time around 10pm and around 2-3am woke up and started tossing and turning trying to fall back asleep. I then decided to prop myself up a little higher with 2 pillows to make it feel less like I was lying down and within seconds I immediately went into vibrations. My heart rate increased a little but otherwise I tried to just let go and let it do whatever. I got a little disoriented because it felt as if my body was spinning a bit. Last thing I remember (I think) was hearing music like from a jack-in-the-box toy but not that song. Lasted probably less than a minute then faded away. I sort of expected images and maybe a dream to form but nothing really formed. Sad I did a reality check and I was not in a dream. Very fun little experience. I tried to do it again last night but it did not happen.

Anyways, Lumaza, I am trying to get some np practice in during the day at work with a little 2-5 minute session but last few weeks have not been ideal so hopefully more typical routine will help going forward. With respect to 6 pt, I can put a focus on a point but it feels more like attention is put on that point instead of my actual viewpoint being at that spot. One day instead of focusing on the position, instead I tried to rather "feel" a sensation similar to moving in that direction like flying forward, or the feeling of diving down or trampaline going up. Other things that you've mentioned that do seem to feel a bit easier would be something like imagining or "feeling" my NP arms swinging as if I was trying to swim or do arm exercises. Actions seem easier then actually perceiving myself at a point next to me  rolleyes
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: The Doorway on: July 07, 2017, 19:58:09
I was all set to post today a request for you (Lumaza) to describe in more detail this "ping ponging" in regards to the 6pt focus. I was a bit lost in how I was suppose to interpret my position and direction at each point - trying to visualize being in that new position. Instead I will just say thank you for the nice write up. Wink It is tricky trying to see myself in the new focus position. I think with your explanation of actually moving physically to the new position and remembering that viewpoint will give a good reference for a newbie.
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: The Doorway on: June 09, 2017, 19:27:27
Hi Lumaza,
I've been lurking for +6 months and decided to join because I enjoy the conversations here (initially it was Frank Kepple comments/help regarding Monroe's Gateway wave series). Anyways, I started attempting lucid dreaming last August and have only had 3 very low level LDs and that is not good enough. After a few decades of autopilot I am trying to fix/improve things. Ive been improving aspects of my daily routine: reality checks, prospective memory training, meditation every night, positive thinking/beliefs, dream journaling. Which leads me to this discussion...

So I really like what you write (under both your new & old name) and I've read these 3 pages here and just want to be sure on some things. I think focus is another key aspect I need to improve on. You've given a lot of examples from page 1 - 3, but it seems on pg 3 it seems pretty specific for newbies (like myself), to put a few weeks effort into about 1 hr each night on thinking of the word "focus." So my interpretation was that of spending an hour in mediation and using the word "focus" sort of like a mantra? I've meditated on breath and on a mantra word before for about 20-30 min average sitting on couch, but last 3 days Ive been doing this with the word focus.

I mediate as soon as lights go out for family. Here is how it went so far:
- Started Tuesday and mediated with mantra "focus" about 40 min. Sort of floundered with how to incorporate the word and ended up using it on out breath.
- Wednesday switched to using focus on both in and out breathes and meditated (eyes closed entire time) almost exactly to the minute 1 hr. :O Focus was amazing in a way.
- Thursday kids drained me so started nodding off at 30 minutes, so finished the rest in bed listening to a law of attraction track. A few times I would get a flash of something in my view but as soon as eyes "look" it would go away. :/

Another thing you mentioned (page 1 maybe?) that I am attempting during any little breaks at my desk job is your suggestion of focusing on a 2d shape (sq, cir, tri). I have to say getting a clear image is harder than I thought. So I am doing this as little brain exercises during the day. Weird how complex images oh like Darth Vader I can see easier than a silly square lol. Is this acceptable as an exercise how I am doing it?

Hopefully I interpreted your comments correctly.  huh
Pages: [1]